Home

Old HBO documentary

Posted By: Krsheely

Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 02:26 AM

I found it when I was just skimming YouTube, it's an HBO documentary from 1986 or so about an ex east orange cop who after being off the force for four years has a chance run in with a powerful NJ Genovese soldier or cap and basically ingratiated himself with this crew, and goes undercover for nj state police opened up a fake petroleum store and hung around for 16 months gathering evidence. The reason I bring it up is because many of the names almost all I'd never heard of, one guy nicknamed pee wee, I'll go back n catch more names. Wondering if anyone has seen. Was titled confessions of an undercover cop, the undercover name was mike Russell.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 03:10 AM

Krsheely, that guy in that documentary is a fraud. His name is Mike Russell. He was a snitch and he was called out on it by the press for saying he was a State Trooper after his book came out. He also claimed he was shot in the head and that's not true.

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 03:13 AM

Here is the newspaper report on Russell. Also I think he was sued by someone and had to pay for the lies he wrote about them:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08...nt_hold_up.html
Posted By: reginald_denny

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 03:34 AM

many of his lies have been exposed. he was actually never a state cop. he was an east orange cop who was fired for shaking down gay bars and others. he was caught up in crime and at the time of that documentary was actually a snitch. he was also sued by a gangster as well. he was never shot. just beat up very bad.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 10:02 AM

Russell is fraud for sure but the documentary was so cringey and comical that it was almost good lol
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 04:39 PM

Ive seen this documentary a number of times. Its very good
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 04:41 PM

I think there is something endearing about him.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 07:08 PM

Seen it, regardless of his bullshit and what he was exposed for, it did seem in the doc that he developed a relationship with Gerace's guys, to the point where they let him operate a clearly dubious gas company, in the same building as a their social club.
Posted By: Krsheely

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 07:14 PM

The thing that interested me about the doc was not so much the undercover, though he was interesting in his own way but that almost all of the names of gangsters I didn't kno who they were and I like reading about more unknown gangsters
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 07:16 PM

His name was andy " gerard" gerardo.
He was a captain. It was also jimmy " higgins" palmieri that trusted that shit head. Higgins was a powerful gambino soldier at the time.
Russell thought going under cover would somehow get him back into law enforcement.

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 08:24 PM

If I recall Russell was sued by Joe Ricciardi and Ricciardi won big, Russell had to give him a large sum of cash.

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/22/15 08:37 PM

Here is the article on Mike Russell:

Defamation Case Settled by "Undercover Cop" Publisher

http://www.cosanostranews.com/2014/08/defamation-case-settled-by-undercover.html
Posted By: Garbageman

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/30/15 06:28 PM

That jerkoff crooked cop comes off like a total fuckin retard when he's watching the perp walks
I remember watching that when it aired on HBO and feeling embarrassed for HBO. He has got to be half retarded or have autism or something.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/30/15 10:20 PM

Russel thinks he's got a lot to offer like big pussy did !!! lol

Wanna be cop !!

You knew he was lying in the video when he said he left the force because he had young kids...Cops don't get laid off, they make good money in NJ and all his kids would have been covered for their medical...So you knew he was lying from that point on !!
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Old HBO documentary - 08/30/15 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Krsheely, that guy in that documentary is a fraud. His name is Mike Russell. He was a snitch and he was called out on it by the press for saying he was a State Trooper after his book came out. He also claimed he was shot in the head and that's not true.

yeah the guy Pic on the other board knew him, called him out and had some funny stories about this clown
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET