Home

Brooklyn compared to Bronx -WTF

Posted By: Crash

Brooklyn compared to Bronx -WTF - 08/16/15 05:00 PM

Perhaps this was discussed but dont think it was. Maybe its because as a borough, Brooklyn has/ had more OC crews than the bronx but WTF, why so many killings amongst brooklyn crews. Look at the Colombo's, the Bonanno's ( especially Bath Ave), Gravano's brooklyn crew, and last but not least, Casso and Amuso.
What the hell does Spumoni Gardens put in the pizza, homicide sauce !!!
Really, anyone have an explanation? Not that the bronx are a bunch of monks because they are not. Just seems that brooklyn crews seem to use the trigger more often.
Wait, forgot about DeMeo.
I think Calandra should write a book, i kind of like the guy. He seems like a pretty good dude,
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Brooklyn compared to Bronx -WTF - 08/16/15 06:28 PM

Well, the Colombo's went to war and were based in Brooklyn, heavy b
Posted By: tt120

Re: Brooklyn compared to Bronx -WTF - 08/20/15 12:39 AM

theres a lot more people in brooklyn, a lot of people on top of eachother. in "those days" a lot of aspiring wiseguys packed into like a half dozen neighborhoods all trying to make a name for themselves.

bronx is smaller population wise, and also worth noting was the genesis of a lot of "og" guys... low key older guys who were schooled by low key older guys, and gave birth to or mentored ...low key guys. besides Basciano you mever hear about anyone from up there being loud. maybe the proximity to westchester gave them something to aspire to. brooklyn is like a concrete jungle in comparison
Posted By: dave213

Re: Brooklyn compared to Bronx -WTF - 08/20/15 02:11 AM

It has been discussed before. Maybe on other boards. I remember some people saying Brooklyn guys just have a different mentality. I'm not from NY, so Idk how true that is.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Brooklyn compared to Bronx -WTF - 08/20/15 02:17 AM

The thread is always created with the same end game in mind: Trouble.

Be smart, Boys wink.
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Brooklyn compared to Bronx -WTF - 08/20/15 09:05 AM

It's an apples/oranges comparison. If someone was gonna bother with distinctions, obviously Brooklyn's entire southern area was mob heavy (except for the housing projects in Coney, Marlboro, Canarsie, etc.). An entire was family (Colombos) was, and still is, centrally based there.

Both Brooklyn and Bronx are probably neck and neck in the attrition race. I would bet that. Russians, Jamaicans, Chinese, and now even hipsters are starting to take southern part of Brooklyn. (the hipsters already took carroll gardens and east williamsburg).

I love borough history and demographics, which is why I respond. www.forgotten-ny.com for a trove of brooklyn/bronx info.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Brooklyn compared to Bronx -WTF - 08/20/15 12:37 PM

Brooklyn simply had more crews.
The Marlboro projects were gilled with italians up until the 80's.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET