Posted By: mike89

Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 01:43 PM

What was the score with this?
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 03:57 PM

Baseless speculation?
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 04:42 PM

Nah, spoken about on here before, and some very knowledgeable posters in regards to Philly & The Westside claim it has some merit. NY certainly weren't happy with how Merlino was running things. Perhaps looking back on it, they would've been more satisfied with Stanfa, Stanfa was a compromise kind of boss, he really had no problem with NY operating in parts of Philly and Jersey as long as he got his. Merlino was a very different matter.
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 05:05 PM

Doesn't surprise me to be honest. Merlino seems like the polar opposite of easy-going that Stanfa was, when it came to dealing with business of the other families.
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 05:29 PM

The only thing I would say is Stanfa was backed by Gambinos and put in power by Gambinos. Supposedly the Genovese were giving Natale/Merlino the go ahead and support during the Stanfa war. Now that last part could be completely off base or over blown, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Genovese supported Merlino/Natale to get Philly back under their influence (for whatever that was worth at that point). But like I said, I have no real factual backup for that, but thought it was a relevant thought. Pete the Crumb Caprio did in fact testify that the Genovese and Gambinos were conspiring with him to kill Borgesi, Mazzone, and Ligambi, which we've also discussed in recent threads.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 05:46 PM

Stanfa was a puppet boss, before he camed to philliy he was a new york guy, merlino is philly nostra through and through and those south philly guys don't like outsiders
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 06:38 PM

Stanfa wasn't a NY guy, he was a straight Sicilian who had ties to Carlo & his family that way. He migrated straight to Philadelphia and was plugged into Bruno's mob, through his friendship with Carlo, and Bruno actually being in a sense, Carlo's "puppet boss", if thats the term you'd like to use. Stanfa was Philly, but he was also Old School LCN, and to him, that came first. The only time he wasn't in Philadelphia or a close vicinity, like South Jersey, was when he was in prison for lying about the Bruno murder, which he was involved in. After that whole Scarfo thing fell apart, The Commission placed him in his position, not just the Gambino's. In fact, the Gambino's weren't even the power of the Commission at the time, Castellano had been murdered, Gotti was indicted, Chin was the power, he had to give his blessing for Stanfa to even be the boss. Those business dealings I was talking about, little of them benefitted the Gambino's. It was the Columbo's, Genovese, and remnants of the Bufalino crime group that Stanfa was mostly in contact with during his time at the top.

I don't find it likely Genovese supported the Merlino/Natale shit, because Natale wasn't even made, and the common thought at the time was "Merlino is just a soldier, himself, who the hell he to make anyone, let alone install that person as boss immediately after he's made". NY specifically looked at that whole situation as a clusterfuck of epic proportion.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
The only thing I would say is Stanfa was backed by Gambinos and put in power by Gambinos. Supposedly the Genovese were giving Natale/Merlino the go ahead and support during the Stanfa war. Now that last part could be completely off base or over blown, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Genovese supported Merlino/Natale to get Philly back under their influence (for whatever that was worth at that point). But like I said, I have no real factual backup for that, but thought it was a relevant thought. Pete the Crumb Caprio did in fact testify that the Genovese and Gambinos were conspiring with him to kill Borgesi, Mazzone, and Ligambi, which we've also discussed in recent threads.

I think that's actually true. From what I recall - and I'm basically summarizing this from what Pogo said on this subject on another board some time ago - the Genovese actually did support the Natale/Merlino faction. The reason for it was the "cold war" power struggle they had (and have always had) with the Gambinos. This latest was the result of the fallout from the Castellano hit. The Gambinos backed Stanfa so the Genovese backed Natale/Merlino. Much like the when the Gambinos backed the Orena faction in the Colombo war so the Genovese backed the Persico faction. The Genovese also backed Casso in his plot to kill Junior Gotti and Nick Corozzo as well as the earlier hits he had carried out like Bobby Borriello, Eddie Lino and Frank DeCicco.

And, as you said, later on there were Genovese and Gambino members plotting with Caprio to take out Ligambi, Mazzone, and Borgesi in order to expand their video poker operations into the Philadelphia family's territory.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 07:12 PM

Isn't there like a rule that a non-American cannot become boss of an American Cosa Nostra family? Stanfa was put into power in end of 1989/early 1990 by Gotti and Leonetti even says Gotti liked Scarfo and wanted to support him, but his priority was to appease the Sicilan faction of the Gambinos who were pushing for Stanfa whom he was a relative and/or close friend of. Gotti was most certainly powerful to put him in place when Stanfa took the reigns and wasn't even a arrested until literally then end of 1990 (Dec. 1990). On the flip side, @Sinatra your point on Natale and Merlino is very much valid....
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Stanfa wasn't a NY guy, he was a straight Sicilian who had ties to Carlo & his family that way. He migrated straight to Philadelphia and was plugged into Bruno's mob, through his friendship with Carlo, and Bruno actually being in a sense, Carlo's "puppet boss", if thats the term you'd like to use. Stanfa was Philly, but he was also Old School LCN, and to him, that came first. The only time he wasn't in Philadelphia or a close vicinity, like South Jersey, was when he was in prison for lying about the Bruno murder, which he was involved in. After that whole Scarfo thing fell apart, The Commission placed him in his position, not just the Gambino's. In fact, the Gambino's weren't even the power of the Commission at the time, Castellano had been murdered, Gotti was indicted, Chin was the power, he had to give his blessing for Stanfa to even be the boss. Those business dealings I was talking about, little of them benefitted the Gambino's. It was the Columbo's, Genovese, and remnants of the Bufalino crime group that Stanfa was mostly in contact with during his time at the top.

I don't find it likely Genovese supported the Merlino/Natale shit, because Natale wasn't even made, and the common thought at the time was "Merlino is just a soldier, himself, who the hell he to make anyone, let alone install that person as boss immediately after he's made". NY specifically looked at that whole situation as a clusterfuck of epic proportion.

Stanfa was in NY for some time before coming here...
Posted By: mchang93

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 07:58 PM

Its hard to get solid story on this.Ive heard what people have said about Genovese wanting to hit them and I heard they backed Joey because when it switched from Scarfo to Stanfa the control shifted from Chin to Gotti.When Stanfa goes away Genovese have control again and Skinny I am sure wasn't sharing or giving respect the Genovese wanted so they Talk to Caprio about taking the whole Philly admin out. That's what seems most likely to me but the Genovese and Joeys guys are not the type to talk so we only get story from guys trying to save their own asses.
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 08:15 PM

If chin said for joey to go, he would have went along time ago, sorry, chins people wernt a bunch of flunkys who where in the mob for a week to later turn rat like stanfas hitters.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 08:28 PM

On a side note, how does Merlino have a relationship with the Luchese New Jersey Perna's? There's definitely a relationship there just don't know how or why? He meet them in jail or something else? Anything or any stories would be of interest. Adds an interesting element with Nicky Jr and Sr for that matter because of their Luchesse ties and membership etc.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: mackinblack007
If chin said for joey to go, he would have went along time ago, sorry, chins people wernt a bunch of flunkys who where in the mob for a week to later turn rat like stanfas hitters.

I don't think it's that easy to walk into Philly and take out Merlino. He had plenty of shooters around him, especially in the 90s. It was probably not worth the trouble.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 08:42 PM

I agree but they also wouldn't go thru with a series of hits like that unless they know they knew for sure they could pull it off. I would guess that they were in progress of setting it up when Caprio went down. Joey had a few attempts on his life that everyone involved was aware of. He was being careful how he moved,kept public eye on himself and was usually surrounded by half dozen to dozen guys if he was out out.They were most certainly capable of hitting Joey or any of them, but its never easier playing on the road then it is at home. The Genovese are called Ivy Leaugue for a reason. Wasn't an easy hit and they would have planned out to a t to ensure they got what they wanted. If they felt the could do it quick, quiet, and takeover no prob itd be done. IMHO they felt like that wasn't case and when they lost Crumb from plot, they abandoned it. But that's just my opinion from info i have read.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 08:49 PM

The guy they call the Greek from the WestSide wanted the top guys in Philly hit.He ran out of time on the street. One time cos of LE the other time he died.
It is in a wire tap or from a rat but it is fact.But the feds have it.

Same with the Gambino's ,I wish I was like some of the guys on here ,I go from what I have herd . I do not have the know how or the patience to research .
I would not repeat it if I did not hear it from a good source.
Posted By: DB

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 09:19 PM

Pernas were popped in earlier 2000s on gambling , not talked about much

Possible they bumped into Merlino when he was held in north jerz- jail , lawyers , common friends etc and he was here for awhile

Either way both had a common feeling on NS Jr - to the core

My buddy from there said no to his knowledge but he only knew of skinny in there, Pernas a big name to some but not most . He wasn't a prisoner btw, everyone and I mean everyone knew of him( skinny ) , he was never touched , then again the fed prisoners kept separate

Interesting thought if minds think alike as Pernas IMO took over in this area at least, for awhile now , C T just couldn't handle it and that's no disrespect to him, tough job . Regardless my feeling today , is P and T will get along , too much at stake and money is what it all about and losing envelopes is very possible in a vacuum scenario , and the playing field is more even at the moment . T will get going soon . Big J. P. no joke and a loss IMO, he was made early for a reason, smart, brutally tough and CN to bone, not someone to be Fd with . Appears to have learned lessons about being out and also talking , you know young kid stuff that way more common than you think

I know he just got nailed but kudos to guy(s) that ran things , in all honesty a decent run in today's world, huge books, not middle income $ here. Powerhouse when all back together , not hard to see and current leaders appear to be long term smart decision makers but they gone for 5 at least probably and will do it as if nothing happened .

Regardless always possibility of some tension but that won't last IMO , NY way too strong now , their word is it . Things are not bad and small time feelings will be pushed aside .

I'm probably wrong tho on almost everything , just some food for thought for those on the can reading this lol

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 09:29 PM

Don't forget scoops too PHL , huge book in same exact area, wish I knew specifics of who was/ is bank , could be someone we have never heard of , these guys king / inventors of using other people's $ to get rich . Remember Big Paul did some of his shy legally , and that practice has only been preached and bought ( at the very least lol ) . We all know business that close could lead to good , bad or ulterior thoughts and I've always said they have been that silent steady money making cousin to the family and friends . Way more envelopes then problems IMO . These guys smart and know where the heat is , that's their living . NJ a joke , nothing centralized , and that's keeping it G rated , several here know much much more than me .

Again I could be 100% wrong
Posted By: pmac

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 11:02 PM

Gigante was locked up in 96 97 I think that guy tino the Greek who was big in the 90tys after doing 15 yrs probaly was the guy trying to kill merlino even read he call merlino to NY and merlino said I'm all set.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 11:17 PM

Is Scoops still the active skipper of North Jersey Philly LCN or did he hand that crew over to Big Lou (If Big Lou is even out of the can yet?)

The reason I ask is that I have not seen Scoops around his usual haunts in the Newark Suburbs that I used to see him at, but then again I've been either in the city or at the shore 99.9% of the time lately

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/11/15 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Gigante was locked up in 96 97 I think that guy tino the Greek who was big in the 90tys after doing 15 yrs probaly was the guy trying to kill merlino even read he call merlino to NY and merlino said I'm all set.

True and got very sick after and passed.
I don't know for sure but it sure sounds like Scarfo got in touch with Manna and Manna made a call to the Greek..

Who knows " but it happened..
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 07:03 AM

I know Big lou is out but ive never heard of him taking over scoops crew. I heard he will eventually take over for scoops and that he takes care of everything for scoops on day to day situations but Scoops is still official capo
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Originally Posted By: pmac

True and got very sick after and passed.
I don't know for sure but it sure sounds like Scarfo got in touch with Manna and Manna made a call to the Greek..

Who knows " but it happened..

I don't know much about Philly, Serp. That's your neck of the woods. But I like to think I'm pretty well versed about the Westside, especially that time period (the late '70s through the '97 when Vince went away, and a little bit about today).

Anyway, I've developed a passing interest in Merlino for the sole reason that when we're in Florida, he lives close by. What I'm driving at is, if Tino, Manna AND Vince wanted Skinny dead, he'd be dead. Period.

Oh, just for the record. Vince did get very sick in prison, but he didn't die until late '05 if I remember correctly. He was inside for a full nine years (including arraignment, denial of a bail package, etc.).

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 09:25 PM

I agree PB and for the life of me I really can not get it.
If there is a researcher here that runs across what I am speaking of please post.

It was told to me a long time ago,and the person was very reliable and all these years I have never gave it a second thought.

I know that if the Westside wanted him out he would be out.

But I know the document is somewhere .

I can not go into who told me other then he him self is in that field .

The post that I post of how it possibly went down was just that ,no facts .

But the document is out there and I have no clue how you guys get that shit.

Like I said if someone will look into it ,I did not hear anything about the Chin,it was only that guy the Greek .He came out of the joint then he got pinched again ,went away,came out tried again and died. Thats all I know.

I added the only reason he may do it was a favor for Manna through Scarfo . But just a thought .Unless there was real money involved.

It must of been around the time he was fighting with Stanfa and no one would of cared if Skinny got hit. 91-93 again guessing.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 09:30 PM

Merlino is a hard man to kill, its not as easy as you might think...no one in merlinos inner circle wil turn on him or set him up but enjoy your fantasies

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
Merlino is a hard man to kill, its not as easy as you might think...no one in merlinos inner circle wil turn on him or set him up but enjoy your fantasies

I would think that he has had 10 lives..

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 09:37 PM

Serp, do you remember the people that said if merlino steps one foot in phillie the narducci's will kill him?

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 09:40 PM

The days of new york calling shots in philly is over
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 09:42 PM

I thought it was Tino the Blade that wanted to kill Joey.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 09:44 PM

I doubt anyone is looking to kill him in this day and age anyway. Rats are walking around out in the open and not getting hit, so I can't see them taking out such a high profile guy anyway.

Serp and I were discussing events that happened over 25 years ago. In the late '80s, early '90s, if Tino, Manna and Chin wanted someone dead, they usually ended up dead. But people went away (Manna first), the life changed beyond belief, and Merlino does seem to have nine lives. I'll give him that.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Someone will find it . I don't know how you guys do it and get all that access to old and new fed files.
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 09:50 PM

If vince wanted joey to go, he would go, period.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Someone will find it . I don't know how you guys do it and get all that access to old and new fed files.

Ivy League and those guys. I don't have the slightest fucking idea how to access law enforcement information or FBI files. But I'm pretty sure if you're willing to pay for it, you can order anyone's FBI file. Maybe they have to be dead, though. I'm not sure.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 09:55 PM

Really pay ! Nice

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/12/15 11:36 PM

I understand Vince probably could have gotten to Joey, eventually. But the guy was surrounded by loyal shooters and it was his town. It would have been very difficult.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 01:40 AM

They'd have a better chance at killing the president, right? LOL

The guy was almost killed by that junkie Veasey. Send a few pros down from NY and he would be pushing up daisies.

The mafia is known for treachery and backstabbing. Fear and money is more powerful than loyalty.
Posted By: dave213

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: mulberry

The guy was almost killed by that junkie Veasey. Send a few pros down from NY and he would be pushing up daisies.

The mafia is known for treachery and backstabbing. Fear and money is more powerful than loyalty.

lol at "pros down from NY". Were the Colombos really any better at shooting at each other during their war?

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: dave213

lol at "pros down from NY". Were the Colombos really any better at shooting at each other during their war?

Scarpa and Wild Bill were pretty good. That kid popped Joey Scopo pretty easily. I think at least a dozen guys were killed. The Colombos were the jokesters of NY too. Send in some of the Luccheses or Genovese and Skinny boy wouldn't stand a chance.

It's funny how people think Merlino is untouchable. Who did he really go up against? Half of the Philly family had just been wiped out by RICO and half of what was remaining was fighting with the other half. Stanfa's top hitman was a non-Italian junkie. Even Albert Anastasia, Maranzano, and Masseria were killed. Merlino was more powerful than those guys? LOL

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 02:46 AM

Albert anastasia was whacked getting a haircut with know bodyguards around...it was target practice for gods sake, is that the best you got,really? Stop glamourizing new york

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 03:08 AM

This got stupid quickly

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
This got stupid quickly

Put a fork in it. Ridiculous. Argue about who has better food, or sports teams. But rooting for criminals because of your geographical location? Enough already.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 03:41 AM

Haven't been here long, but expected any thread with two "legendary underworld figures" from these two cities to have some good hearted trash talk or jokes. The middle school my dad is tougher argument belongs in middle school. I am a Philly guy and one thing Philly and areas around it taught me were bullets in right places kill any man no matter where guys on either side of gun are from.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
But rooting for criminals because of your geographical location?

One of the most bewildering and, sadly, common things on these forums over the years. There are advantages to being from Utah. whistle
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 12:58 PM

This got stupid quickly

This.

Originally Posted By: mchang93
The middle school my dad is tougher argument belongs in middle school.

Weird.

Originally Posted By: mchang93
bullets in right places kill any man no matter where guys on either side of gun are from.

On point.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 02:20 PM

Many of today's recruits are usually somehow connected to CN thru either family or friends as most said . It's never gonna end , it's a life though I agree quality could suffer , then again we are in a time where the people in charge are old timers and at least today the young ones are getting some guidance .

Low key is the theme today , seems to be working too , I see zero businesses being totally eliminated , a lot different in the 80s and 90s when some big industries were taken away
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
Many of today's recruits are usually somehow connected to CN thru either family or friends as most said . It's never gonna end , it's a life though I agree quality could suffer , then again we are in a time where the people in charge are old timers and at least today the young ones are getting some guidance .

Low key is the theme today , seems to be working too , I see zero businesses being totally eliminated , a lot different in the 80s and 90s when some big industries were taken away

true its never going to end kids are always going to be attracted to the life i have heard this for 20 years that its going to end i have not seen any signs of that infact i have seen the complete opposite

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 02:53 PM

Agree , good ones evolved , to the point where real legit $ , talking total legit outside money has even invested . ( before I get crushed here lol , yes I know this has always been case , I was made of this directly from someone that would know, but at a time it was real touch and go around 01)

Blue collar will always have the masses and at least eat and always needed , always , but some top guys have really done some impressive things , and some of them have helped spread the wealth a bit , the smart ones at least . I Have gotten this real sense of synchrony at the moment lol
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 02:57 PM

Never heard there was a plan to hit him. Just that he was called to NY for a sit down. Either way, he wasn't about to become Caponigro act 2, and declined and invited him to Philly instead.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 03:39 PM

I'm just saying with all of the bullshit aside, i never said it was impossible all i said was if its so easy to hit him why it hasn't been done yet thats all

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 03:45 PM

Now carmine galante was a perfect setup the perpetrators had to put thought in to, carmine had bodyguards with him but a couple of his own bodyguards helped set him up, now that was a professional job...but joey's people will never turn him over like that

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 04:23 PM

I'm just saying with all of the bullshit aside, i never said it was impossible all i said was if its so easy to hit him why it hasn't been done yet thats all

You're taking everything way too personally, buddy. Again, we were talking about 25 years ago. And 25 years ago, guys like Tino, Manna and Gigante usually got what they wanted. That's why I doubt there was ever a Westside contract out on Merlino to begin with.

As far as today, no one is looking to hit a boss anyway. It would be suicide by FBI. You said it yourself the other day, and I reiterated it yesterday. There are rats walking around out in the open and not getting hit, so they're certainly not going to even attempt to hit a high profile guy like Merlino.

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 04:27 PM

PB right on this one for sure

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Never heard there was a plan to hit him. Just that he was called to NY for a sit down. Either way, he wasn't about to become Caponigro act 2, and declined and invited him to Philly instead.
. Yes and out of that came all this . But I think it was Skinnys own words that he thought it was a set up ...this could have all been in Skinnys head !

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 04:52 PM

And from what people say , that if they wanted him he would have been gone . That's more like it .

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 06:39 PM

I think we're all saying the same thing
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: dave213

Scarpa and Wild Bill were pretty good. That kid popped Joey Scopo pretty easily. I think at least a dozen guys were killed. The Colombos were the jokesters of NY too. Send in some of the Luccheses or Genovese and Skinny boy wouldn't stand a chance.

It's funny how people think Merlino is untouchable. Who did he really go up against? Half of the Philly family had just been wiped out by RICO and half of what was remaining was fighting with the other half. Stanfa's top hitman was a non-Italian junkie. Even Albert Anastasia, Maranzano, and Masseria were killed. Merlino was more powerful than those guys? LOL

Veasey's mother was Sicilian, so why is it such a big deal that Stanfa used him?

Tommy Del Giorno's mother was Croatian, yet nobody bats an eyelid about that.

People read far too much into surnames.
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
This got stupid quickly

Put a fork in it. Ridiculous. Argue about who has better food, or sports teams. But rooting for criminals because of your geographical location? Enough already.

Wait, is this why I can't find a Barney T-shirt anywhere? grin.

Just kidding PB. How are you buddy?

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/13/15 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
Just kidding PB. How are you buddy?

Hanging in there, Pal. Stick around for a while smile.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/14/15 12:31 AM

People read far too much into surnames. [/quote]

Tommy DelGiorno was half Polish

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/14/15 06:00 AM

Albert anastasia was whacked getting a haircut with know bodyguards around...it was target practice for gods sake, is that the best you got,really? Stop glamourizing new york

I guess Merlino would never be in a vulnerable position and nothing in the world could ever make any of his guys turn on him. How long have you been in love with Merlino?

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/14/15 06:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Veasey's mother was Sicilian, so why is it such a big deal that Stanfa used him?

People read far too much into surnames.

Veasey was also a known junkie who happened to be the top enforcer for the Stanfa side. The Philly mob of the early 90's was a shadow of what it was in the 80's. Merlino's fanboys act like he took down Nicky Scarfo or Angelo Bruno. In fact, Nicky Scarfo is lucky he was sent to prison or else Merlino would have killed him and taken over the Philly mob. Then he would have kicked the Gambinos and Genovese out of Jersey and taken the state for himself. Talk about glamourizing someone. LOL

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/14/15 01:30 PM

Yeah, your a fanboy... Stick a fork in it!

Re: Gigante contract on Joey Merlino - 08/14/15 02:25 PM

Close this thread, SC. No one heeds the fucking warnings.

If you guys don't stop, THEY'RE GOING TO SHUT THIS SECTION DOWN. FACT.

They're already looking into how. Smarten up and learn to debate instead of argue!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET