Home

SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA

Posted By: dsd

SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA - 08/06/15 12:42 PM

i just read a thread about " the books" being closed from the late 50's to mid 70's.
No one mentioned it but i'm sure i read once that they were closed because Boss Albert Anastasia was accused of selling memberships for $50,000.

Is this true or am i remembering wrong?
Posted By: azguy

Re: SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA - 08/06/15 04:32 PM

well he was killed in October of 1957 so he couldn't have sold them through the closed book era..
Posted By: pmac

Re: SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA - 08/06/15 06:38 PM

I'm sure in uncle joes last trial when it came out merlino was selling g buttons for 10k pisses people off. But it came from a non Italian bank Robber from Brooklyn so probaly had no creditability. Cause I don't think anyone bought there button off merlino even the guy from Boston he met in jail then kicked up to.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA - 08/07/15 08:38 AM

I Actually never understood this and felt like it must be bullshit. Like didnt the families have to vet all the proposed inductees? This is why I could never understand this, thoughts?
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA - 08/07/15 09:21 AM

Was it Joey d'amico whose mother paid for his button ??
Posted By: azguy

Re: SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA - 08/07/15 01:11 PM

I could be wrong but I doubt Philly and Boston send proposed candidates to NY for approval....different worlds
Posted By: Dbm7

Re: SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA - 08/08/15 01:37 AM

Yeah, I read Galante was paid to make him.... Not sure how true this is, just read it in various places
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA - 08/08/15 09:59 PM

Frank Scalice, who was underboss of the Mangano Family, sold memberships. He was whacked, presumably for that offense, in '57.
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA - 08/09/15 03:55 PM

What happens to the members who bought their buttons? They get shelved/whacked?
Posted By: donplugconnected

Re: SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA - 08/26/15 03:45 AM

yes he did i also read about this i believe it was in the mafia encyclopedia. Anastasia was a grimmy shady type of mafia boss it seemed. he did alot more "shady" deals behind close doors. the stuff that was said he did gained him no respect in the mafia circles
Posted By: Tandem

Re: SELLING MOB MEMBERSHIPS A ANASTASIA - 08/26/15 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: CleanBandit
What happens to the members who bought their buttons? They get shelved/whacked?

I was curious about this myself. Anyone?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET