John riggi dead - 08/04/15 02:11 PM

Hearing reports that longtime decavalcante boss john riggi died last night
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 02:19 PM

Looks like it's him.

http://obits.nj.com/obituaries/starledge...&fhid=21779
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 02:24 PM

So wiki says he got out in 2012...this accurate?

Was he still "official" boss when he got out? Or did he retire? Guessing he was sick when he was released as wiki says he was released from a medical unit.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 02:33 PM

Think guaracci was demoted

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 02:36 PM

Riggi had to be the oldest official living mob moss before he died
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 02:54 PM

John Riggi passed away. NO Blackjack2121, Persico is the longest official boss serving. Riggi already relinquished his title to the family, and the family voted for Majuri as boss, and it looks like Charlie will pick Guaraci as underboss. John knew the end was near and over the months before his death, wire taps and informants hinted that Majuri was now the official boss of the family ( with Genovese and Lucchese family support) while Frank is a strong contender (with Bonanno and Gambino families support).

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
John Riggi passed away. NO Blackjack2121, Persico is the longest official boss serving. Riggi already relinquished his title to the family, and the family voted for Majuri as boss, and it looks like Charlie will pick Guaraci as underboss. John knew the end was near and over the months before his death, wire taps and informants hinted that Majuri was now the official boss of the family ( with Genovese and Lucchese family support) while Frank is a strong contender (with Bonanno and Gambino families support).

Why would any other family other then the Gambino's have any say in who becomes boss of that family? Where did you get this info from?
Posted By: Themafia

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 03:03 PM

frank is the boss at the recent indicment on tape he says the sicilians are running the family scott said it aswell

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Think guaracci was demoted

that was just rubbish that some reporter wrote frank has been the boss since 2005 majuri was never boss i dont where everyone gets this from

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Themafia
frank is the boss at the recent indicment on tape he says the sicilians are running the family scott said it aswell

Link?

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 03:13 PM

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/usao-nj/legacy/2015/03/12/Stango%2C%20Charles%20et%20al.%20Complaint.pdf

http://gangsterreport.com/beep-beep-nj-mob-capo-beeps-stango-decalvacante-consigliere-nigo-indicted/

that was the indicment against charles stagmo he says on tape to the FBI agent "milk" is frank gurraci capeci and scott said that.

frank is defo the right age in his early 60s majuri is in his 70s

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 03:28 PM

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/usao-nj/legacy/2015/03/12/Stango%2C%20Charles%20et%20al.%20Complaint.pdf

http://gangsterreport.com/beep-beep-nj-mob-capo-beeps-stango-decalvacante-consigliere-nigo-indicted/

that was the indicment against charles stagmo he says on tape to the FBI agent "milk" is frank gurraci capeci and scott said that.

frank is defo the right age in his early 60s majuri is in his 70s

Thanks, for some reason I always thought Milk was Majuri because his family went way back in the family.

Makes sense Guarraci being boss, as they are 'under' the Gambino's, run by zips.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 03:30 PM

Where did I say longest official boss serving?

I said OLDEST official boss serving, as in age.

Persico isnt older than Riggi was, is he?

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 04:02 PM

I think majuir is a capo but I think is retiring he is 75 now there is joey merlo, louie consalvo, Charles stagno, majuir and one capo who we don't know his name but he is talked about by stagno on wiretap. Frank Nigro was the consgiliere

The guy who they wanted to kill was lugi "dog" olveri that geogre antastaia and Jerry capeci both said was the guy they wanted to kill. Charles stagno also wanted to kill the capo who is unidentified the capo who's crew lugi was in but frank gurraci through frank nigro and paul said no because there was no one to replace the capo that the crew was weak. Lugi alledgly insulted frank guarraci and is a made guy.

Frank gurraci is also not as a smart as people make him out to be look at this him and Mike noble were idiots doing this

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/08/head_of_mob_crime_family_nj_ma.html

He did this a boss of a family in front of a restaurant full of people but I think he has learned from his mistakes he only got 6 months
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 04:12 PM

So was Riggi the basis for Uncle Junior?
Posted By: GangstersInc

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 07:24 PM

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/new-jersey-decavalcante-family-boss-john-riggi-dies
Posted By: Terence

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

I had wondered the same thing Mikey_Sunset but I do not believe so.

On Junior being the basis of Riggi in The Sopranos:

"Old Man DiMeo", is the founder and the longtime boss of the DiMeo crime family. By the events of the series, he is boss in name only, and never demonstrated any influence over the family: he is serving a life sentence in a high security United States Medical Center for Federal Prisoners in Springfield, Missouri. When the death of Giacomo "Jackie" Aprile is reported on television in season one, the newsreporter states that; he was the acting boss for the 74-year-old DiMeo, which then makes him over 80 years old at the end of the series, assuming he is still alive at that point. Being that the show ended in 2007 the timeline is rather accurate for the Riggi character to be already imprisoned as an unseen character. In another episode he is referenced by Junior as having a mentally retarded brother named "eckley" who would be Tony Sopranos uncle that he never knew about.
Posted By: pmac

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 09:31 PM

wonder if the whole family comes out to show strength unity. what i read out of this last indictment riggi went right back to work he inducted this luigi dog guy but stagno and some others didnt recognize riggi still boss maybe he thought the gambinos were backing a new boss i dont know it was confusing but the guy said riggi either proposed or inducted guy.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 09:35 PM

greg depalma was telling the cuban fed and everyone else riggi was a rat cause he said in court he did gotti a favor when they whacked weiss. cant imagine if cefulo still boss of them how he has time to run the gambinos and jersey thats alot of shot calling cant believe the feds havent made up some bullshit indictment to get him on something a soldier probaly did. tornado warnings around my house, scary. where not in kansas anymore todo. sweety balls outside.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
wonder if the whole family comes out to show strength unity. what i read out of this last indictment riggi went right back to work he inducted this luigi dog guy but stagno and some others didnt recognize riggi still boss maybe he thought the gambinos were backing a new boss i dont know it was confusing but the guy said riggi either proposed or inducted guy.

i think what happened is that riggi got out of the can and someone how for some reason riggi deciced the guy desveres to be made he makes but the thing is riggi had no involment in the mob not since 2000 just the boss in name so technicaly it was a proper induction because riggi is the boss in title but no one valued it as a induction because frank guarraci is making decisions and when frank asked lugi about it lugi insulted frank

RIGGI HAS MADE ZERO DECISIONS ON THE STREET SINCE 2000 HE WAS 89 WHEN HE GOT OUT AND NEARLY BLIND HE MADR NO DECISIONS
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 09:53 PM

At least as of June 2013, Guaracci was reported to still be acting boss.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

the state police said twice in 2006 and in 2010 said he is the boss.

Jerry capeci said he is the boss. The 2015 indictment showed he was boss

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 10:27 PM

the state police said twice in 2006 and in 2010 said he is the boss.

Jerry capeci said he is the boss. The 2015 indictment showed he was boss

I'm not sure where you're getting you info but when did the NJ state police ever say that? He was identified in all the articles back during the 2010 bust as the acting boss. And, I don't recall (I skimmed it again) him ever being identified as the official boss in the recent DeCavalcante bust.

March 2015 Gang Land News article:

According to the complaint, and knowledgeable Gang Land sources, Charlie The Hat and his cronies disagree strongly with the decision by the DeCavalcante family's ailing and aging official boss, John Riggi, to sponsor and induct Oliveri, 41, as a "made man." After serving more than 20 years in prison for three racketeering indictments, Riggi, 89, was released from prison in late 2012. He is still the official boss, but sources say many wiseguys know he is on his way out and does not have any real clout.

So as recently as March 2015, Capeci still had Riggi as the official boss, although sources said he was on the way out.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 10:32 PM

i did not sayfrank was the official boss i meant acting boss john riggi has been official boss since 1989

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 10:33 PM

when did i say frank was the official boss i said the state police confirmed in 2006 and 2010 that he was the boss i meant acting boss because john riggi has been the boss in name for years no real power

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 10:49 PM

Usually when people say "the boss," the insinuation is official boss. Otherwise they will differentiate by saying "acting boss."

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 11:00 PM

Riggi been boss since late 70tys after Sam plumber got out of jail and went to Florida sometime 777879

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 11:03 PM

ok i will put acting in future its because even though he is the official boss he has so little to do with the streets that i sometimes to forget to say acting because with the decavs the acting part post 2000 did not really matter as the acting boss was not reporting to anyone
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 11:05 PM

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/08/john_riggi_the_jersey_mob_boss_who_inspired_the_so.html
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 11:16 PM

Thanks Dante, you're always on point with the links.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 11:22 PM

I try, I read 7 newspapers daily from the Jersey-NYC-Philly area....
Posted By: DB

Re: John riggi dead - 08/04/15 11:41 PM

Damn , guy a legend but then again responsible for some shiosdy condo construction around here

Spiritos will be insane Thur night I bet

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 12:41 AM

How is spiritos DB? I've been meaning to try it.....
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 02:42 AM

Anyone know how many active buttons the DeCav's have on the streets?
How many crews?

Cheers.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 02:50 AM

Good , its one of the last Italian places left , typical old school spot you have been too

Place is a forgotten ghetto as you know , lots of shootings in strip clubs

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 06:51 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
How many crews?

Cheers.

I don't think anyone outside the mob itself or the FBI knows how many active members there are at any given time. In terms of total members the estimate is 40-50, making it similar in membership to New England and Philadelphia. But the family seems to have a relatively low number of associates.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 08:48 AM

How many crews?

Cheers.

There is joey merlo crew, charles stagno crew(under indictment), louie consalvos crew, Charles Majuri crew, And one other capo who we dont know the name of but he is talked about on tape by Charles stagno. Charles stagno wanted the capo whacked but frank nigro said no because in that crew there is no one to replace him with

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 08:51 AM

+ whoever is running frank gurraci old crew at the riberia social club

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 09:35 AM

jimmy dumps palermos crew was taken over by sal the barber timpani , he died last year so one of those captains must have took over that crew ? It's not the Louis consalvo crew he was in pino Schifilliti's crew so I'm presuming he took over that crew

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 10:22 AM

jimmy dumps palermos crew was taken over by sal the barber timpani , he died last year so one of those captains must have took over that crew ? It's not the Louis consalvo crew he was in pino Schifilliti's crew so I'm presuming he took over that crew

phil abramo was a capo but he got sentenced to i think 15 years so for the last 2 years louie has been acting capo he recently got made offical capo. Phil is louies brother in law he gets out in 2018

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 10:22 AM

louie got out two years ago

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 10:27 AM

phil abramo was a capo but he got sentenced to i think 15 years so for the last 2 years louie has been acting capo he recently got made offical capo. Phil is louies brother in law he gets out in 2018
yeah I know all that . Wot I'm saying is consalvo wasn't in abramos crew even though abramo is his brother in law , consalvo was in schifilliti' crew . 5 active crew ??? I would say there is prob more likely 4

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 10:51 AM

yeah I know all that . Wot I'm saying is consalvo wasn't in abramos crew even though abramo is his brother in law , consalvo was in schifilliti' crew . 5 active crew ??? I would say there is prob more likely 4

i think he switched crews or the crews merged i am not sure all i know is he took over phils crew.

could be but i still think there is 5 charles stagno and joey merlo, louie consalvo is capo so he has a crew, charles majuri has a crew and someone has to be running franks old crew. Also on tape charles stagno talks about another capo who we dont know the name of so it is quite likely there is 5 crews but i could be wrong

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 11:02 AM

A lot of the crews were pretty much wiped out during the indictments of 99 / 2000 , also capos like frank polizzi didn't really have operating crews , the rotondo , giacobbe and most of the abramo crews were wiped out , the only ones really still operating after that were the Majuri, Schifilliti and Caruano crews . Obviously they have beefed up since then with Miranda allegedly making some new guys . I would like to see a decavalcante crew breakdown , I still think 5 is a lot of crews

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 11:25 AM

A lot of the crews were pretty much wiped out during the indictments of 99 / 2000 , also capos like frank polizzi didn't really have operating crews , the rotondo , giacobbe and most of the abramo crews were wiped out , the only ones really still operating after that were the Majuri, Schifilliti and Caruano crews . Obviously they have beefed up since then with Miranda allegedly making some new guys . I would like to see a decavalcante crew breakdown , I still think 5 is a lot of crews

abramos old crew still exists it was wiped out but when louie got out it sort of re surged.

yearh i would like to see the crews broken down mirdanda apparantely made 12 guys and they have been recruiting alot of kids so it would be interesting to see how big and how many it has because not much is said about the decavacntes because they are in the five familys shadow and philly always makes more noise

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 11:32 AM

There 100% not 7 crews and 80 made guys like lieber/scarpo stated

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 11:34 AM

There 100% not 7 crews and 80 made guys like lieber/scarpo stated

yearh i 100 percent agree with that ed scarpo must be smoking when he writes his articles and lieber is a wannabe capeci.

Ed talks so much rubbish 80 made guys 7 crews where does he get this stuff from
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 12:20 PM

My thanks to Ivy and Themafia.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
Good , its one of the last Italian places left , typical old school spot you have been too

Place is a forgotten ghetto as you know , lots of shootings in strip clubs

Yeah , I've got Spirito's and Al Santillo's Pizza on my radar to try in Elizabeth. Elizabeth is one of the few cities in Jersey I have never hung out in or frequented....have to make a trip there soon!

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 12:55 PM

5 crews isn't far fetched. Say they have 25-30 active, 5 made guys per crew.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 01:23 PM

They have a small little Italy section where the social club is out in the open " members " only of course

I only went for spiritos, their Italian festival and they have a few prominent sytrip clubs but like I said before , they dangerous and a block or 2 away is your typical ghetto with your bike riders riding around late in night lol

Not a great place so you haven't missed much lol

I have heard the decavs did regroup but they are localized and Sandy was a big help. Possibly a reason why a fed was put in there as things were real shaky in early 2000s but they still have their construction , book , shy , extortion and some good drug hooks , but they too small to expand up by us where rackets are more lucrative , especially construction and book as you know . Union county , Elizabeth , Newark and around toms river is basically what they are from what I heard . They just aren't strong enough to move into the Bellville Nutley boken Bayonne Kearny NA lyndhurst carlstadt Harrison area as you know the 2 fams that have those areas on lock down and a contractor that is just killing it .

Fwiw I was recently told by 2 longshoreman buddies that the Irish had power now at the port , which I was shocked by , but again I don't think either would have any knowledge if they reported to anybody or were just well placed fronts so who knows but I was always under impression the power their would never change . Just passing along what I heard , not looking to stir shit, so they could be totally off base . I'm sure some here have much better knowledge of what's really going on as these aren't connected guys , just long time Union members , then again they say they watch TV all day for work lol .

But like I said more up north some are just killing it in construction at the moment

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 01:41 PM

Yeah the Decavs have a lot of action going on around Toms River. Many Decavs live in Toms River. Has anyone heard anything recently about Mimmo Marzullo of the Decavs who operates in Montclair? He's been very quiet since getting out of the can and I know him and his brother sold their restaurant about a year or two ago in Montclair, I used to always see him around the restaurant during the day with a huge cigar in his mouth and entourage with him...

Re: John riggi dead - 08/05/15 08:50 PM

Sorry I don't know that one

I just pass along what little I hear but I agree with you

Even with the port , I dont know either , have heard different from someone I know with a trucking contract there , that time his contact guy was Irish too but he seemed to think he didn't have the last say . I probably think that way too but only a few know the real deal there , it's it's own little world
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: John riggi dead - 08/06/15 12:57 AM

Fwiw I was recently told by 2 longshoreman buddies that the Irish had power now at the port , which I was shocked by , but again I don't think either would have any knowledge if they reported to anybody or were just well placed fronts so who knows but I was always under impression the power their would never change . Just passing along what I heard , not looking to stir shit, so they could be totally off base . I'm sure some here have much better knowledge of what's really going on as these aren't connected guys , just long time Union members , then again they say they watch TV all day for work lol .

There's always been a large Irish presence at the ports, going back a century, New York and New Jersey.

Are they in charge? No. Are they to be fucked with? No wink.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/06/15 01:57 AM

The response I was waiting on as I was confused as hell , now the roles are clear

The 1/4 Irish in me only made it worse lol . Plus mama family from Elizabeth so I should of known that one for sure

Thanks again
Posted By: Extortion

Re: John riggi dead - 08/06/15 03:53 AM

john riggi was in the illuminati. On his deathbed he told a reporter.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: John riggi dead - 08/06/15 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

No Riggi is the base for Ercole "eckley" Demeo that founded the family in the 50s,and was sentenced to life in 1995 when Jackie Aprile sr take the seat; i read that Junior Soprano is based on Chin Gigante because he tried to escaped the can because insane.

Re: John riggi dead - 08/06/15 06:29 PM

Off subject but I kinda think evolved from the first season being kinda a serious guy to. Becoming a more funnier light guy.
Posted By: Mikey_Sunset

Re: John riggi dead - 08/06/15 07:33 PM

Thanks Furio!
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: John riggi dead - 08/06/15 08:21 PM

How many crews?

Cheers.

I don't think anyone outside the mob itself or the FBI knows how many active members there are at any given time. In terms of total members the estimate is 40-50, making it similar in membership to New England and Philadelphia. But the family seems to have a relatively low number of associates.

that contradicts alot of things you've said on here

50 members must not mean shit if they can't run their own territory

Re: John riggi dead - 08/07/15 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
that contradicts alot of things you've said on here

50 members must not mean shit if they can't run their own territory

I don't know what you're trolling about now but how did I contradict myself? All I've ever done is cite the latest official figures by the feds, state LE, or OC experts - never active figures which is always in a state of flux.

And traditionally, the DeCavalcantes always had a narrow niche - the Laborers Union and construction industry in Jersey.

Now that I've explained all that, you can go back and sit at the kid'so table, cook.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: John riggi dead - 08/08/15 04:35 AM

The response I was waiting on as I was confused as hell , now the roles are clear

The 1/4 Irish in me only made it worse lol . Plus mama family from Elizabeth so I should of known that one for sure

Thanks again

Any time, Junior wink smile.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET