Home

scotts article philly joey merlino

Posted By: Themafia

scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/04/15 11:04 AM

http://gangsterreport.com/skinny-joeys-summer-of-fun-philly-mob-don-taking-advantage-of-freedom/
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/04/15 01:45 PM

As many of us previously predicted...he would be making more frequent trips back home once the restrictions were up. Another sign that points to him running Philly imo. I mean, he met with his top guys when he could after he originally got out, which is why he got popped with his street boss in FL.

Feds are probably gonna be turning the heat up on him now. He should still play it how he did when he first got out, but I guess with the possible unrest and not everyone being pleased with Merlino being in the big seat in the first place, he has to make his presence more known or he might get pushed out.

My 2 and a half cents.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/04/15 02:10 PM

yearh he is spending alot of time in philly lately and he needs to i know there is heat on him but not everyone likes him and he needs to be there running things
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 02:52 AM

Scott basically made an article today off of the pictures that I post.. And he got stuff wrong. Like saying joey was at Raos this summer. That picture is from winter and joey and his wife have jackets on.. I used to like scotts stuff but now im seeing he writes a lot of articles based on stuff that we talk about on the forums. Honestly i was pretty pissed off when i read it today and makes me not want to even post pictures that i find anymore. And it definetly makes me not want to read his stuff anymore.
Posted By: Ted

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 04:11 AM

Tag your photos so he can't just take them. Just write "HandsomeStevie" or something across the middle before posting a pic.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 04:37 AM

Thanks Ted thats a good idea.. I mean i share them with people on the forum thinking that they gonna stay on the forum. Then he comes along and ever since gangster report has been up he uses the photos that i post on this site all the time on his articles and thats bullshit. Its one thing for me to share it on here but when he makes articles with the pictures im posting everyone in the world is going to see them pictures with the articles and I am not posting pictures for him to do that. I have been pretty pissed about it for a while now but with that article today now im furious. and hes writing how joey is in cali and new york at raos and jersey shore all this summer.. i know nobody told him that because its not true that picture at raos is from 33 weeks ago and Joey and his wife are wearing jackets.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 04:38 AM

He writes all the bullshit stories citing sources when hes really on the forums and just making up his own stories using posters as his sources. I almost want to call his agent thats listed on his website and flip the hell out.
Posted By: spmob

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 06:16 AM

This is the article I referenced in the Joey thread talking about Sonny mazzone beating a woman. And I can't agree more then handsome and you guys about Scott lately.I use to like his stuff. Now I'm questioning his Detroit credibility as well. He took Handsomes pics and basicly everything else. I really hope George Anastasia didn't give him any of his sources.Scott said something along those lines when George A retired. I hope it was just that Veasey thing. He grabbed a lot of info from various sites and made it his own. I wrote papers in high school that way. I don't want to come off mean cause some of his stuff is decent, especially Detroit. Maybe He needs to stop writing articles on Philly.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 06:47 AM

Good to see some if you are finally waking up.
Posted By: dave213

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 07:15 AM

Where do you get those pics anyway? Facebook and Joey's Instagram? Were those pics recently posted by Joey? Maybe he gets them from Instagram also. Idk.
Posted By: strococs

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Scott basically made an article today off of the pictures that I post.. And he got stuff wrong. Like saying joey was at Raos this summer. That picture is from winter and joey and his wife have jackets on.. I used to like scotts stuff but now im seeing he writes a lot of articles based on stuff that we talk about on the forums. Honestly i was pretty pissed off when i read it today and makes me not want to even post pictures that i find anymore. And it definetly makes me not want to read his stuff anymore.

So you steal the pictures from someone else and mad he does the same to you?

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By: strococs
Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie

So you steal the pictures from someone else and mad he does the same to you?

hahahaha...RIGHT

so, you find the pictures from someone and he finds them from you...

Is it your personal collection or something? If so then I will shut up.

If not...

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 11:51 AM

Handsome Stevie: "Listen here Scott's agent. I will SUE if he uses the pictures I used my hard earned time to steal from someone else. How dare he!"
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 12:16 PM

Blackjack,
now that you yourself are acknowledging that SB uses BB photo's posted here as a 'source' for his articles I assume once you've finished having a go at Steve for his contributions to this site you'll withdraw your previous comments regarding how SB is beyond criticism and that those who do are just 'haters' and yourself criticse him in a similar fashion that you did HS?

I look forward to it.
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 12:24 PM

come on guys, use your brains. Handsome Stevie posts these pictures on a frigging website for people to look at. He doesn't write articles based on them, nor does he charge people to read those articles.

You see the problem with that? One guy is just like you and me on here. the other guy is a professional journalist.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Blackjack,
now that you yourself are acknowledging that SB uses BB photo's posted here as a 'source' for his articles I assume once you've finished having a go at Steve for his contributions to this site you'll withdraw your previous comments regarding how SB is beyond criticism and that those who do are just 'haters' and yourself criticse him in a similar fashion that you did HS?

I look forward to it.

What?

What does having pictures found online to accompany articles a crime?

Are you only allowed yo use secret FBI photo stash photo's that nobody has ever seen before or what?

I just dont see how using a picture someone posted online (that the person they got it from simply found online) is a reason to discredit someone? But whatever floats your boat, pal.

A photo accompanying an article as a "source" isn't the same as having a "source" for an article.

Stevie is acting like he has some top secret photos from his personal collection that nobody else can use.

I appreciate the pictures he has posted on here, doesn't mean I have to agree with his attitude or sentiment toward SB for simply using a photo to accompany an article he has written.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 12:45 PM

And I still dont get how you guys can come to the conclusion that he based entire articles off of pictures that HS found online? Most of them are on Joey's instagram. Doesn't take hours of dedicated service to find them.

Maybe you guys can make your own Bash Scott thread, so that every post discussing his article doesn't get taken over by you guys.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 01:01 PM

You're missing the point.

We're just 'haters' for criticizing or doubting certain articles SB publishes yet when it comes out that that criticism may have some merit as his most recent article indicates , we're still haters, apparently.

Maybe we're not blind haters. Maybe you're just a blind 'fanboy'.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 01:01 PM

+1 Nicky.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 01:05 PM

You're missing the point.

We're just 'haters' for criticizing or doubting certain articles SB publishes yet when it comes out that that criticism may have some merit as his most recent article indicates , we're still haters, apparently.

Maybe we're not blind haters. Maybe you're just a blind 'fanboy'.

The criticism has merit because he used some pictures to accompany his articles? I guess in your eyes that makes him the phony and fraud you have accused him of being.Over using pictures he found, that someone else also found, that are on JOEY"S INSTAGRAM lol Thank god you aren't a judge in a court of law, we would all be fucked.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 01:19 PM

thanks Sonny.

I didn't even read scott's current article. Someone said it's a pay site now and I ain't paying.

I've been very polite and open minded about my so-called "criticism" of Scott. Go back and look at all my posts where I mention him. I may actually go as far as defending him on ocassion.

But, see for yourself. His articles are usually VERY heavy on back story and speculative on the current issue he is reporting on. I don't write his articles so I can't say where/how he gets his info. It's just what I see when I read them.

I don't claim to know anything more than anyone else. And unless you are in the philly mob, which no one on this site likely is, any information I state is whisper down the lane, just like other guys and girls who post But, I ain't gonna charge for that.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
I didn't even read scott's current article. Someone said it's a pay site now and I ain't paying.

I've been very polite and open minded about my so-called "criticism" of Scott. Go back and look at all my posts where I mention him. I may actually go as far as defending him on ocassion.

But, see for yourself. His articles are usually VERY heavy on back story and speculative on the current issue he is reporting on. I don't write his articles so I can't say where/how he gets his info. It's just what I see when I read them.

I don't claim to know anything more than anyone else. And unless you are in the philly mob, which no one on this site likely is, my information is wisper down the lane, just like other guys and girls. But, I ain't gonna charge for that.

I don't think it is a charge site? Thought he did away with that a while ago.

Regardless, you are entitled to your opinion, im not sure if you are one of the guys that head hunt him in every thread or not...my sentiments were mostly reserved for them

Anyway

Merlino 2016

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 01:28 PM

Merlino 2016. LOL. I get it. You like to stir the pot. Everyone on here should have thick enough skin to laugh and let it roll off.

Truth be told, I like to imagine mobsters like baseball or football trading cards; killing stats, bookie stats, era, RBI's, tackles, hits, extortion values. So, I find the comedic relief in it to. The world is so warped, how can you not laugh at it..

You can have your opinions too. But dude, if you start flaming people they're gonna bounce you. Play nice.

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

I don't claim to know anything more than anyone else. And unless you are in the philly mob, which no one on this site likely is, my information is wisper down the lane, just like other guys and girls. But, I ain't gonna charge for that.

Regardless, you are entitled to your opinion, im not sure if you are one of the guys that head hunt him in every thread or not...my sentiments were mostly reserved for them

Anyway

Merlino 2016

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 01:32 PM

The criticism has merit because he used some pictures to accompany his articles?

No. When he states that Joey was in NY at Rao's and Joey's all geared up in winter gear and its July. That's suspicious and warrants skepticism.

I guess in your eyes that makes him the phony and fraud you have accused him of being.

Which I have never done.

Why is it that something written in print to you is beyond reproach or criticism?

Thank god you aren't a judge in a court of law, we would all be fucked.

As opposed to your blind acceptance?
Each to his own.

Edit: What Nicky said. Im out. Peace!
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 01:41 PM

@Handsome Stevie- haha I totally noticed that as well. All of a sudden right after the pics come out he basically posts a running commentary on the photos that you posted. I am not a Scott hater and frankly would rather him write it rather than not, but makes you wonder about some of the validity of these sources and how much he is just simply pulling for the message boards and taking consensus views from forums, etc...

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 02:01 PM

Which photos of Merlino is he talking about anyway? The rao photo and the one with Meek Mill?

Only one I see on the Merlino article is him and wags talking to Dave S

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 02:05 PM

Merlino 2016. LOL. I get it. You like to stir the pot. Everyone on here should have thick enough skin to laugh and let it roll off.

Truth be told, I like to imagine mobsters like baseball or football trading cards; killing stats, bookie stats, era, RBI's, tackles, hits, extortion values. So, I find the comedic relief in it to. The world is so warped, how can you not laugh at it..

You can have your opinions too. But dude, if you start flaming people they're gonna bounce you. Play nice.

Anyway

Merlino 2016

I don't see how im "flaming" anyone. Geesh people are sensitive on here. I'm just gonna bow out of this thread then.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 02:13 PM

i like scott site i enjoy reading it particulary when he talks about Detroit he has very strong knowledge there. I rather he does write these articles its why i post them because they are interesting i dont take everything he says as always right nor do i critize him if you dont like him dont read his articles even if they are a bit exaggerated i find them interesting to read like others.

at least he is not like that clown ed scarpo
Posted By: strococs

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 02:20 PM

The criticism has merit because he used some pictures to accompany his articles?

No. When he states that Joey was in NY at Rao's and Joey's all geared up in winter gear and its July. That's suspicious and warrants skepticism.

I guess in your eyes that makes him the phony and fraud you have accused him of being.

Which I have never done.

Why is it that something written in print to you is beyond reproach or criticism?

Thank god you aren't a judge in a court of law, we would all be fucked.

As opposed to your blind acceptance?
Each to his own.

Edit: What Nicky said. Im out. Peace!

All Scott says is photos have surfaced on Instagram. You guys need to get a life. Its Beautiful day out , try going out and enjoying it.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted
Tag your photos so he can't just take them. Just write "HandsomeStevie" or something across the middle before posting a pic.

I honestly thought the pictures were taken by HS from his personal collection- the same way the FBI takes photos and mob journalists feature them
In books staying "taken from FBI archives" or "photo provides by State task force" etc

But having read on, I realised these pics were NOT taken nor owned by HS. Therefore why would he need to tag or copyright them? The person who originally took the pic is the ONLY one who has the right to complain about people using their pics without permission
Posted By: pmac

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 05:32 PM

Handsome Steve you do have a valid point. Got give credit. Plagerism. Or what ever the word.
Posted By: moneyman

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 05:57 PM

The problem is there is not a lot of noteworthy LCN news lately, there needs to be another operation old bridge type bust, not enough news going around about major players... I think the next big administration bust will come sooner rather than later.... just my two cents....
Posted By: pmac

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 06:04 PM

Money I was thinking that to but I think the FBI has to keep eyes on homegrown terrorist shit like all these mass shooting+ every time bad police kill a black guy the feds have to swoop in to stop riots. I dont think there's mobsters making careers like Rudy and guys. Stop some bum from shooting up a army base. Chasing old guys giving loans at 5 percent vig ain't hurting no one. I love how after every indictment they say we will never let up on criminals who join the mafia maybe they should. Cefulo has had a longer run on the street then gotti did. 2011 till today I'm guessing they inducted 15 20 guys since.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: moneyman
The problem is there is not a lot of noteworthy LCN news lately, there needs to be another operation old bridge type bust, not enough news going around about major players... I think the next big administration bust will come sooner rather than later.... just my two cents....

i dont know because people dont realize that the FBI squads in New York have been reduced i mean familys have to share squads which have limted funding not like before the feds i believe anyway are struggling to keep up and people keep saying this but terriosm is more important (rightfully so) and there is other organized crime groups they have to deal with i mean the genovese family is the only family with one squad chasing them never if someone told me ten years ago that the mob would be in the situation it is now in new york. Not just that but think has there even been a mafia shooting since 2013 no everything is quite less heat means resurgence but it wont last forever as soon as these guys start to get to any real strength the feds will come down on them again

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 06:08 PM

still saying that there will be a major mafia bust tomarrow then i will look like a dumb fuck panic

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Money I was thinking that to but I think the FBI has to keep eyes on homegrown terrorist shit like all these mass shooting+ every time bad police kill a black guy the feds have to swoop in to stop riots. I dont think there's mobsters making careers like Rudy and guys. Stop some bum from shooting up a army base. Chasing old guys giving loans at 5 percent vig ain't hurting no one. I love how after every indictment they say we will never let up on criminals who join the mafia maybe they should. Cefulo has had a longer run on the street then gotti did. 2011 till today I'm guessing they inducted 15 20 guys since.

celfeau has made the gambino family the strongest since the 80s but ten years ago no way would he have survived this long without being arrested
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Tonytough

I honestly thought the pictures were taken by HS from his personal collection- the same way the FBI takes photos and mob journalists feature them
In books staying "taken from FBI archives" or "photo provides by State task force" etc

But having read on, I realised these pics were NOT taken nor owned by HS. Therefore why would he need to tag or copyright them? The person who originally took the pic is the ONLY one who has the right to complain about people using their pics without permission

just a quick line or two on scott's writing. he did an excellent job on the Hoffa murder, the best iv'e read so far.

I think tony is right in his take on the photos, if you are not the original photographer, you really don't have a bitch.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: Tonytough

just a quick line or two on scott's writing. he did an excellent job on the Hoffa murder, the best iv'e read so far.

I think tony is right in his take on the photos, if you are not the original photographer, you really don't have a bitch.

That was my main point. I was starting to feel like I was in the twilight zone with everyone acting like I was nuts and acting like they were HS's personal collection from his Polaroid or something. The guy took them from someone else, and someone took them from him.

I know I said I would bow out of the thread, but it was refreshing for someone to see my POV.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 06:58 PM

I think the strange part is that Handsome Stevie posted those pictures, and then two days later, the post goes up.

The strange thing is the NY pic, how did Scott not realize how old that picture was? Unless he was getting the pictures from this board. I mean, we all know he reads this board. He posts here, too.

My only issue was this theory is -- why doesn't he just follow Merlino himself? It doesn't seem like Merlino is too picky with who he lets follow him.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
I think the strange part is that Handsome Stevie posted those pictures, and then two days later, the post goes up.

The strange thing is the NY pic, how did Scott not realize how old that picture was? Unless he was getting the pictures from this board. I mean, we all know he reads this board. He posts here, too.

My only issue was this theory is -- why doesn't he just follow Merlino himself? It doesn't seem like Merlino is too picky with who he lets follow him.

who cares its a fucking picture
Posted By: Chicken713

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 07:11 PM

Woah woah on a side note. What's Joey Merlinos Instagram? I'd like to follow him cool

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Themafia

People on this board that I actually like interestacting with, unlike you.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:21 PM

look i am sorry if i am coming of like a dick but come on its a picture

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:22 PM

Thanks I appreciate that. And I agree for the most part, but if people want to discuss it, what is the big deal
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:25 PM

look i am sorry if i am coming of like a dick but come on its a picture

Listen guck all these guys don't apologize to no one. Maybe .5 % of these guys have ever been close to oc. Email me I just left a perna family funeral / repass in east Hanover . Anyone got a problem meet I'm always in Newark on Bloomfield ave.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:26 PM

bobby look at your pm you did not reply

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:27 PM

i have not spoken to you in ages

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:28 PM

I don't even post on this site I just laugh ... U guys swear u know the life. Be an Internet gangster ... Meet me. Don't be disrespectful ... Agree to disagree ... U guys ain't been behind the walk or in the street. Foh
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:28 PM

i mean the genovese family is the only family with one squad chasing them

That changed a while back. Now there are only two FBI squads investigating the NY Mafia - the C16 squad for the Gambinos and Lucchese and the C5 squad for the Genovese, Colombos, and Bonannos. Of course several former investigators have voiced concerns about the drop in resources devoted to the mob.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:29 PM

Wall not walk

ok i will email you intstead i have got some questions about some things the pernas in particular and joey

Email me TM ... U still got it ?

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:31 PM

Stop arguing w these guys ... I know u know ur shit ... I got u.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:34 PM

He's not arguing with anyone... Relax.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:35 PM

yearh i got it will mail you now its good to know you have my back and i know you were close with them and you know more than anyone on this site

you know these guys personally and you have seen it all you know this thing inside out

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:44 PM

My man.. I know u might have some rank on this sight but that don't mean much to me. Ur title says underboss but my feet and ears are to the street. Ur probably from overseas so Im not gonna call u out, but respect a real one when u see one.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:45 PM

Sorry TM that was to mighty healthy

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:46 PM

bobby did you get my email

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:50 PM

Just responded ... I'm ghost from here. Just a spectator

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 08:51 PM

thanks will talk to you on email thanks for this you know i appreciate everything you tell me
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 09:16 PM

Here's an idea, if you don't want something of yours posted on the internet, DON'T POST IT ON THE INTERNET. Isn't that the point of the internet to begin with? Sharing information?
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 10:02 PM

Weren't them photo's off Merlino's Instagram page? Not sure how that makes them property of HS because he found them first.
Posted By: Chicken713

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 10:03 PM

Not to be a fan boy or a
Troll but Foreal though. What's his Instagram?

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 10:06 PM

As Ivy said, good to see people waking up to Scott's bullshit. I got slaughtered on here for calling him a fraud about a year ago.
Posted By: scottburn

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 10:06 PM

Handsome Stevie,

There was only a single reference to Instagram activity in the most recent Merlino piece, no actual photos. What exactly are you so upset about? Sincerely, if you ever want to chat or text, you can always hit me up (248-214-7291)

I for the life of me can't understand why I'm such a lightning rod for the internet mob-talk community.

Scott Burnstein

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: scottburn
Handsome Stevie,

There was only a single reference to Instagram activity in the most recent Merlino piece, no actual photos. What exactly are you so upset about? Sincerely, if you ever want to chat or text, you can always hit me up (248-214-7291)

I for the life of me can't understand why I'm such a lightning rod for the internet mob-talk community.

Scott Burnstein

fuck them scott honestly some people just look for trouble i enjoy your sit defo when its about detroit

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 10:14 PM

Fraud? In what way? How many people my age in this profession have sat with top-ranking LCN figures(current and former) in three diff cities and have been published within the genre regarding multiple crime families ? How many journalists under 40 have guest written Jerry Capeci's Gangland column? You can call me a lot of things, fraud is probably a stretch

Scott Burnstein

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 10:16 PM

Fraud? In what way? How many people my age in this profession have sat with top-ranking LCN figures(current and former) in three diff cities and have been published within the genre regarding multiple crime families ? How many journalists under 40 have guest written Jerry Capeci's Gangland column? You can call me a lot of things, fraud is probably a stretch

Scott Burnstein

scott i sent you a pm

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 10:23 PM

i dont understand why people look down i am not saying your the best mob reporter of all time but most of your work is good espically when detroit some people make you out to be some ed scarpo (ed scarpo clown)

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 10:51 PM

wowwww 3 pages? lol I never claimed anything to be my property. Just saying i post pictures for people on this site and big scott goes and makes an article with it. I post them on here to share with other posters and figured it would stay HERE.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 10:57 PM

To everyone that likes the pictures and understands where im coming from, Cool! Yall know the deal. to everyone that dont understand my frustration, whatever Im not here to fight. And Scott I used to like your stuff but come on that article you wrote was bullshit. I wish I could come out and tell everyone where i get some of the pictures, but if I did that i wouldnt be able to get most of them anymore. Yea i got some from joeys instagram but thats about 20% of the photos ive posted..
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
As Ivy said, good to see people waking up to Scott's bullshit. I got slaughtered on here for calling him a fraud about a year ago.

Since Scott is here now in this thread can you please elaborate on him being a fraud? How is he a fraud? I am not defending him at all but I am just exhausted with all the trolling. You have the man's ear now so please elaborate.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

Since Scott is here now in this thread can you please elaborate on him being a fraud? How is he a fraud? I am not defending him at all but I am just exhausted with all the trolling. You have the man's ear now so please elaborate.

I said the same to him when he used to post on here regularly about a year ago.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 11:08 PM

Handsome Stevie,

Scott Burnstein

fuck them scott honestly some people just look for trouble i enjoy your sit defo when its about detroit

What was your previous account on here?

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 11:10 PM

Scott Burnstein

How many people under 40 actually are LCN journalists? Are there even a handful? Way to go, Scott.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 11:14 PM

How is he fraudulent? We're still waiting?

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 11:25 PM

Handsome Stevie,

Scott Burnstein

What was your previous account on here?

Ok now I am starting to get really fucking annoyed I keep getting asked by people did you have a previous account no did not I am going to say once and not again I don't like repeating myself I have a account on abouthemafia which is a mob website through someone on that site who is also on her I found out about this site I saw some knowledge posters I thought ok I want to join this so hear I come and everyone keeps giving me bullshit what is wrong with you guys it's like you get angry that I joined the site I might leave Bobby was right I come hear to talk about the mob and listen to other people's opinios. Even this thing a fucking photo come on people. Dom can vouch I am not some "lurker" as some have asked me I did not even have a fucking clue about this site till recently
Maybe Bobby was right so much bullshit

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/05/15 11:51 PM

How is he fraudulent? We're still waiting?

I got into this whole debate when Scott started charging for the site, I gave my reasons then, you defended Scott, your clearly retarded or you just can't remember, as you defend him at every opportunity.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 12:03 AM

Scott Burnstein

How many people under 40 actually are LCN journalists? Are there even a handful? Way to go, Scott.

Your disdain for the guy is ridiculous.

He is backed by, and respected by two of the top mafia journalists...George and Jerry, and I believe co wrote for George and did a GangLandNews for Jerry...pretty good in terms of a mob journalist if you ask me. You wont see a guy like Ed Lieber writing a gang land news

The guy has sat down with Leonetti and other mobsters. Spoken with Frankie the Bomb, Jackie the kid...and several Detroit mobsters...

He has accomplished a ton more than the mafia arm chair critics on this website that is for sure. His book on Leonetti is very good...and has tons of amazon reviews, and is still rated 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. It's like you are jealous he gets so much recognition so you try to shit on him any chance you get.

http://www.amazon.com/Mafia-Prince-Inside-Americas-Violent/dp/0762454318 (link, in case you call me a fraud and liar also)

Why do you go out of your way to berate the guy constantly?

Why don't you simply ignore threads Scott Burnstein related? I mean it isn't like you accidentally came in here not knowing it was a SB thread...when the title is "scotts article" lol And just don't read any of his articles anymore since he is such a fraud? Makes no sense why you keep reading his material and replying in the threads

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 12:16 AM

Scott Burnstein

Your disdain for the guy is ridiculous.

The guy has sat down with Leonetti and other mobsters. Spoken with Frankie the Bomb, Jackie the kid...and several Detroit mobsters...

He has accomplished a ton more than the mafia arm chair critics on this website that is for sure. His book on Leonetti is very good...and has tons of amazon reviews, and is still rated 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. It's like you are jealous he gets so much recognition so you try to shit on him any chance you get.

http://www.amazon.com/Mafia-Prince-Inside-Americas-Violent/dp/0762454318 (link, in case you call me a fraud and liar also)

Why do you go out of your way to berate the guy constantly?

Why don't you simply ignore threads Scott Burnstein related? I mean it isn't like you accidentally came in here not knowing it was a SB thread...when the title is "scotts article" lol And just don't read any of his articles anymore since he is such a fraud? Makes no sense why you keep reading his material and replying in the threads

Of course, it's his job.

Jealous of a MOB journalist lol fucking hell, what a ridiculous assumption. Jealousy is an awful trait to have.

I've stated this to you several times BlackJack, yet you never seem to listen, you always defend him and come back with 'He wrote a great book' I haven't read that book! But have heard from most people that's it's really good so good on him. But does that make him a credible source for the modern day mob? In my opinion no.

Some of his articles have good mob history, especially Detroit ones, but outside of Detroit I think he mainly speculates, as we all do.

I've said this numerous times, I really enjoyed the documentary he did, Detroit Confidential I think (Apart from the end where he said that Detroit were the most successful family lol)

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 12:19 AM

You even went out of your way to edit the post and add in the bit of Gangland, they struggle for news now a days, Scott is probably the best historian out there when it comes to Detroit LCN, doesn't mean his articles outside of Detroit are accurate

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 12:28 AM

You even went out of your way to edit the post and add in the bit of Gangland, they struggle for news now a days, Scott is probably the best historian out there when it comes to Detroit LCN, doesn't mean his articles outside of Detroit are accurate

that isn't what I edited, I didnt add it at all, actually.

I already had it in...All I did was change it from putting, I think he wrote for GL...to he wrote for it..because it was right in the post and I missed it at first

u are seriously grasping man

why dont u never read a SB article...because u said he is a fraud...

and never comment on a sb article? Because what is the point? You dislike him and his info

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 12:36 AM

that isn't what I edited, I didnt add it at all, actually.

I already had it in...All I did was change it from putting, I think he wrote for GL...to he wrote for it..because it was right in the post and I missed it at first

u are seriously grasping man

why dont u never read a SB article...because u said he is a fraud...

and never comment on a sb article? Because what is the point? You dislike him and his info

I don't dislike him personally, just most of the articles I've read. I don't know the man, another daft assumption on your part. Like I said, I like his Detroit articles, full of history, rarely read any of the others. I probably haven't visited his site in a few months until the other day when I saw this thread, saw the commotion and thought I'd read, because he took a wild guess about Merlino being at Rao's in last few weeks, when it was last year.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 12:41 AM

And....if you look at it closely...it is in a new paragraph that he speaks about the Rao's pics. He was talking about the different photos on Joey's instagram. He didnt really say...it was a recent pic of Joey at Rao's. It was towards the sentiment about the different pictures he posted on his insta....

The summer of 2015 has been swagger-dripping Philadelphia mob boss Joseph (Skinny Joey) Merlino’s best in a while. For the first time since the 1990s, he’s completely untethered, free to chill at the Jersey Shore with his boys and roam the country at his whim. When Merlino walked out of a Miami federal correctional institute in April after serving over three months on a parole violation, he shed any remaining government supervision and he’s taking full advantage: Skinny Joey has spent the past few weeks jet-setting from his current homebase in South Florida to his old neighborhood in South Philly, New York City, the longtime east coast summer getaway spot at the Shore in Margate, New Jersey and out west to California to visit his sister, nephews and nieces in L.A ., all the while chronicling portions of his travels on social media.

Images of Skinny Joey and his tight-knit crew of childhood chums-mob underlings as well as photos of he and his wife posing in front of famous NYC eatery Rao’s and alongside the rap world’s No. 1 power couple Meek Mill (Philly born-and-bred) and Nicky Minaj have surfaced on Instagram, a social media mechanism Merlino seems to be a huge fan of. Merlino frequently interacts with his “followers” on Instagram and allows his “fans” to take pictures with him to post on their respective social media accounts.

He just spoke of the pictures that were posted on his IG. Not that they just happened. Maybe Joey posted it as a flash back photo and Scott just referenced the fact he posted a photo out front of Rao's?
Posted By: jmack

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 01:00 AM

Nicky this is some of the funniest shit I've seen in a while. Leading the league in extortions this year...

Anyway

Merlino 2016

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 03:14 AM

Scott has a fan club lol. I liked this site a lot better when people actually talked about la cosa nostra rather then argue about shit that dont really matter. When i first responded on this thread I was simply stating how I felt and I really didnt expect everybody to start keyboard fighting with each other.
Posted By: merlino

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 04:26 AM

still saying that there will be a major mafia bust tomarrow then i will look like a dumb fuck panic

There was a bunch of local cameras at the federal courthouse and prison today in center city..... never found out what for... the pope will be here in a month so... maybe something with his protection detail

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 04:23 PM

So Tommy Gambino what are you saying? You have nothing to back up you're baseless claims?

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 07:03 PM

So Tommy Gambino what are you saying? You have nothing to back up you're baseless claims?

I've gave my reasons in this thread to blackjack and to you several times, you clearly are a fucking spastic.

I remember you private messaging me that Scott told you about several commission meetings between Detroit, high level Sicilian mafia members, new york and places like Buffalo lol What a fucking idiot.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 08:05 PM

I have never private.message anyone ever on this board. Pizzaboy serp and jmack have sent me private messages before but that's it. I also don't know anything about Detroit OC. Pretty weird you would make that up
Posted By: mchang93

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/06/15 11:37 PM

Philly has a good mix of capable guys out right now and Merlino and his crew say what you want,dudes been to hell and back together and that dont tell on your friends corner boy mentality has rubbed off on guys coming up underneath them like Tony nics and baby Dom. What happens with Nic rarley happens these days and they haven't had a body pinned on them in a while.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/07/15 12:28 AM

Obviously nics went down but as far as multiple people going down for being involved been awhile. Big thing is if these guys will come together and work to build it back. Joey Pung doesn't like Merlino because of something he alleges Joey did to family home, P.Narducci doesn't like Pung for obvious reasons and if I'm not mistaken has problem wit skinny and Johnny. I've heard the money there isn't what it was but they definitely have a good mix of elder consel guys like chickie and Joe L, stacked with guys who have earned street cred thru wars and hits and then they have guys coming up who say joeys face with his crew and how they stuck it out and seems like at least some bought in. Compare this to they guys Scarfo and Stanfa put close to them and how that turned out, skinny deserves more credit then he gets.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/07/15 02:16 AM

TG:
You realize Detroit LCN has a long history of ties to New York LCN and the Sicilian mafia right? Part of Jack Tocco's RICO bust (predicate acts) rests on FBI-observed meetings with Lead Pipe Joe Todaro and Big Joe, Jr, the bosses of Buffalo. Tocco's consigliere was married to the daughter of Sicilian don Vito Vitale. And I never said anything about any current Commission meetings, but you also realize it's an undisputed fact that Detroit had a seat on the Commission when it existed right?

Scott
Posted By: tt120

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/07/15 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
i mean the genovese family is the only family with one squad chasing them

That changed a while back. Now there are only two FBI squads investigating the NY Mafia - the C16 squad for the Gambinos and Lucchese and the C5 squad for the Genovese, Colombos, and Bonannos. Of course several former investigators have voiced concerns about the drop in resources devoted to the mob.

im sure they know what they are doing and there is a good reason for it, but its surprising they didnt combine the squads to reflect Genovese/Lucchese, and have another squad for the remaining 3 families

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/07/15 04:11 PM

TG:
You realize Detroit LCN has a long history of ties to New York LCN and the Sicilian mafia right? Part of Jack Tocco's RICO bust (predicate acts) rests on FBI-observed meetings with Lead Pipe Joe Todaro and Big Joe, Jr, the bosses of Buffalo. Tocco's consigliere was married to the daughter of Sicilian don Vito Vitale. And I never said anything about any current Commission meetings, but you also realize it's an undisputed fact that Detroit had a seat on the Commission when it existed right?

Scott

Yes, I know they had a seat. When did I say they didn't? VegasMikey was obviously making it up then, he told me you gave him the information about a commission meeting in Detroit a few years back, obviously I didn't take him seriously.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/07/15 08:05 PM

Honestly, who learned something new from Scott's article on Joey? All of his info, and pictures, came from online forums such as this one and Dave stratweiser's Twitter.I guess I didn't see the point of the article other then the fact that he knows he's going to get "hits" when Joey Merlino is mentioned.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/07/15 09:13 PM

I concur there was no pressing, ,major breaking news in the most recent Philly article, but if you claim that my reporting in the past year on Gangster Report hasn't shed significant perspective and light on modern day Philly LCN affairs with George (my mentor by the way) for all intents and purposes off the daily local mob beat, you're just flat out wrong and hating to hate.
Scott

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/07/15 11:46 PM

I concur there was no pressing, ,major breaking news in the most recent Philly article, but if you claim that my reporting in the past year on Gangster Report hasn't shed significant perspective and light on modern day Philly LCN affairs with George (my mentor by the way) for all intents and purposes off the daily local mob beat, you're just flat out wrong and hating to hate.
Scott

Keep doing what your doing, I enjoy the updates, not your fault Dem boys are keeping things quiet for most part.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/08/15 12:02 AM

TG:

Scott

I

Yes, I know they had a seat. When did I say they didn't? VegasMikey was obviously making it up then, he told me you gave him the information about a commission meeting in Detroit a few years back, obviously I didn't take him seriously.

I told you what? What the fuck are you talking about. My only interaction with you is trying to stop you from trolling philly threads and spread misinformation. I dunno if this is a weird joke or ?

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/08/15 12:33 AM

TG:

Scott

I

I told you what? What the fuck are you talking about. My only interaction with you is trying to stop you from trolling philly threads and spread misinformation. I dunno if this is a weird joke or ?

I just looked through my PM's, it's bobbyvegas that was talking that nonsense, my bad. I don't troll any threads, you clearly don't know what trolling means you utter spastic, I always give my reasoning, you just lick Scott's arse and pretend to be friends with connected guys and claim you contribute inside info to the board, which is utter bullshit.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/08/15 12:58 AM

Thanks for not calling me a liar. I am who I claim I am wether you chose to believe it or not. I am around some of the people discussed in the philly threads. As far as "licking Scott's arse", I have defended him in the past when you constantly pop up in philly threads spreading baseless speculation and being dismissive about things you do not know. I come on here to interact with people about things that interest me, not to scare away journalists and posters who might share something interesting.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/08/15 01:05 AM

Don't know if this was mentioned before, but Scott isn't the only one who posts Stevie's pictures on other sites, with no credits at all. I don't think he writes articles based on the pictures, I think he just uses them to keep people reading the article. Pictures always make for a better read. Lol.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/08/15 01:22 AM

Thanks for not calling me a liar. I am who I claim I am wether you chose to believe it or not. I am around some of the people discussed in the philly threads. As far as "licking Scott's arse", I have defended him in the past when you constantly pop up in philly threads spreading baseless speculation and being dismissive about things you do not know. I come on here to interact with people about things that interest me, not to scare away journalists and posters who might share something interesting.

What baseless speculation? When it comes to Philly I don't speculate too much, as I don't know a whole lot. I try to stay out of the 'Is Joey really running things etec' You talk like I constantly talk about Scott, I have maybe in 4 or 5 threads on here, and I have well over a thousand posts and have been posting here for 3 years ffs.

Your around these people lol you get your info from Scott and run with it.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/08/15 07:48 AM

Scott

I am not hating nor did I claim anything. I made a point to which you didn't respond. We aren't talking about the past. I am trying to understand what you were trying to accomplish with that article.I have praised some of your work on Detroit so I'm not one or your haters. If you claim to be the new George Anastasia or his predeccor when it comes to Philly you have a lot of work to do. There was nothing new in that article and to bring up GA in this discussion looks like pure name dropping. Didn't you get all worked up when HE didn't mention your name in an interview he did. You are not from philly so I find it hard to believe that you have similar sources. It takes time to build trust with sources and your a rookie when it comes to Philly. If not you would have had a little more for us as about phill, not just joey, that I'm sure mob watchers would have appreciated other than jacking info, some of which wasn't accurate(ie picture info), about Joey Merlino to get some traffic on your page. I have spoke to George a before about his work briefly and it took him years to get the few legit sources he had. He May have gave us repeated info as background but he didn't post stories just for the sake of posting. Again I don't want to come off to strong cause I appreciate what Your trying to do cause we need a new GA but you have some work to do before being close to what he was for Philly.

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/08/15 08:27 AM

I also own 2 of your books and think you are a good writer. But in my opinion most of your articles on your site about Philly often seems recycled from various people and places with you adding your twist to it. That's fine if your going for that when writing about Philly on your site. Again, no hard feelings and I wish you the best. Just think of your audience when posting stories such as the last one

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/09/15 07:41 PM

spmob,
Point taken, we can agree to disagree. But for the record, I never claimed to be the next GA. It is no secret he has mentored me since I was in law school in the early 2000s though (so the name drop accusation is probably a bit off) and I NEVER said anything about him not mentioning me in any intv as I can recall - if I had an issue like that I'd take it up w/ him myself.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: scotts article philly joey merlino - 08/09/15 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
I also own 2 of your books and think you are a good writer. But in my opinion most of your articles on your site about Philly often seems recycled from various people and places with you adding your twist to it. That's fine if your going for that when writing about Philly on your site. Again, no hard feelings and I wish you the best. Just think of your audience when posting stories such as the last one

Just a thought , His site my get hits from regular folks that don't have a clue if it's year old news or yesterday.That may be most of his readers . Who knows !

Guys like you SP get it at the end of your block...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET