Home

Decavalcante family active

Posted By: streetbossliborio

Decavalcante family active - 07/19/15 06:50 PM

For a family the majority of us wrote off they seem very active over last 6 months. Lots of long time soldiers and capos I have never heard of. And there is a complete administration which is solid with multiple busy crews. Am I the only one a bit surprised? Lot of posters I follow and listen to also had the same thinking that they are near extinction. Haven't heard much noise since the indictments. Also an undercover agent? The Feds must be pretty interested here which says a lot?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Decavalcante family active - 07/19/15 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: streetbossliborio
Also an undercover agent? The Feds must be pretty interested here which says a lot?

The sheer stupidity of those who were named in the indictment says even more. Fucking grenades in Nevada in 2015 rolleyes.

They're still the weakest family in their home state, and the notion that they were going to plant their flag our west is absurd.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Decavalcante family active - 07/19/15 09:22 PM

It was the first significant (relatively speaking) case involving the family in several years. If I remember right, all but one soldier in the bust were known already. It shows the family is still viable, active, and has a hierarchy, which I don't recall anyone denying. But there was nothing in this recent case to suggest the family is going strong or has fully recovered from the massive beating it took by the feds in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 07/19/15 10:02 PM

I respectfully disagree. The fact that there was an undercover agent says a lot. Why would there be this level of focus? I agree they probably aren't what they were but I don't think they are far from it. Not like they were ever a powerhouse compared to other families as pizza says. Also people were talking about the family as if they didn't have a proper hierarchy and no capos. Sorry one soldier unknown to Feds, loads unknown to me. Basically people were saying they are on verge of not being viable. Clearly they definitely ain't. Not pointing any figures just remember general consensus being this.
Thanks for the replies.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Decavalcante family active - 07/19/15 10:33 PM

The fact that there was an undercover agent says a lot.

No, it doesn't. Are you at all familiar with the American FBI and its undercover operations?

They have agents undercover everywhere from abortion clinics to tree hugger organizations to two-bit tax offices. The ATF has undercover agents working in Bodegas to check tax stamps on cigarettes. If there's a dollar to be wasted, you can count on the American government to do so.

No one is saying that the DeCavs are dead. But Ivy's right. They're in pretty much the same shape as they were five years ago.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 07/20/15 03:20 AM

I respectfully disagree. The fact that there was an undercover agent says a lot. Why would there be this level of focus? I agree they probably aren't what they were but I don't think they are far from it. Not like they were ever a powerhouse compared to other families as pizza says. Also people were talking about the family as if they didn't have a proper hierarchy and no capos. Sorry one soldier unknown to Feds, loads unknown to me. Basically people were saying they are on verge of not being viable. Clearly they definitely ain't. Not pointing any figures just remember general consensus being this.
Thanks for the replies.

Everyone except one soldier was known not just to the feds but to us on the forums also. Anyway, you may be reading too much into this single bust. Let's see if anymore like it come down soon or if it will be years from now. In other words, that it took this long to bring another case says more than the case itself.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 07/21/15 05:12 AM

Hmm very interesting. I wouldn't of thought there would of been an undercover agent infiltrating them like that but as you said I'm no expert on Feds. Thanks for responses guys.
Posted By: richierich

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/01/16 02:21 PM

Guys can't get out of their own way... Classless slobs that are a joke to the other families...
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/01/16 02:51 PM

Gotti in the 80s ordered to Riggi to repent a induction ceremony and the old man can't say nothing. However with the Riggi death who is the boss ? Frank Guarraci ?

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/16/16 04:24 PM

Boss of what??/ What is there 5 members now?
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/16/16 04:31 PM

They are a small family around 30-40 made guys but being a boss of that family they are still a mob family I think 5 members are a bit of an exaggeration I can think of 10 made guys of the top of my head plus 12 guys got made in 2005

It's a hardly a big and powerful family but it is a viable family there have verb indictments to prove that plus guys like capeci and people in law enforcement talking about there viability
Posted By: pmac

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/16/16 04:42 PM

Vinny ocean testified there was 60+ guys around 2000. 20 died 5 fliped a few got made. The NYC families did them a favor by telling them not make NY guys. Makes there power base stronger in nj. I sure there not lacking for recruits there.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/16/16 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: richierich
Boss of what??/ What is there 5 members now?

Boss: ?

1. Louis Louie Eggs Consalvo b.1957
2. Charles"The Hat" Stango b.1945 IP
3. Phillip Abramo b.1945

4. Gaetano Alessi b.1939
5. Daniel "Danny" Annunziata
6. Robert "Bobby Basile
7. Charles "Charlie" Cocchiaro 2011
8. Rosario Cocchiaro b.1942
9. Joseph Collina b.1946
10. Carl Corsentino b.1936
11. Nicholas “Nick” Cottone b.1937
12. Frank D'Amato
13. Anthony DeMaio Sr.
14. Francesco “Joe” Gatto
15. Leonardo "Larry" Giacobbe
16. James Gallo b.1945
17. Girolamo Guarraggi
18. Philip "The Undertaker" LaMella
19. Charles "Fat Charlie" Majuri b.1942
20. Anthony "Marshmallow" Mannarino b.1948
21. Joseph Merlo Jr. b.1940
22. Michael Merlo b.1952
23. Joseph Miglorato
24. Joseph Miranda
25. Frank Nigro b.1942
26. Girolamo "Jimmy Gumps" Palermo b.1938
27. Francesco Paparatto
28. Gregory Rago
29. Emmanuel "Manny" Riggi maybe dead
30. John "Junior" Riggi b.1954
31. Vincent Riggi
32. Joseph "Tin Ear" Sclafani b.1937
33. Gaetano "Corky" Vastola b.1928 retired

1. Cocchiaro-Charles 1951-2011
2. DeMaio-Anthony Snr. 1941-2010
3. Micale-Ralph 1922-2003
4. Palermo-Simone Daddy 1937-2005
5. Capo-Anthony Talked 1990's
6. Caruano-Joseph Joe C 1931-2000
7. Cocchiaro-Carmelo amelio 2010
8. Coletti-Joseph 1930-2000
9. Davanzo-Vito 1926-2002
10. Ferrara-Joseph Jo Jo 1938-2007
11. Polizzi-Frank 1934-2001
12. Telese-Louis 1926-2001
13. Timpani-Salvatore Little Sal 1943-2014
14. Cocchiaro-Charles 1951-2011
15. DeMaio-Anthony Snr. 1941-2010
16. Micale-Ralph 1922-2003
17. Palermo-Simone Daddy 1937-2005
18. Capo-Anthony Talked 1990's
19. Caruano-Joseph Joe C 1931-2000
20. Cocchiaro-Carmelo amelio 2010
21. Coletti-Joseph 1930-2000
22. Davanzo-Vito 1926-2002
23. Ferrara-Joseph Jo Jo 1938-2007
24. Polizzi-Frank 1934-2001
25. Telese-Louis 1926-2001
26. Timpani-Salvatore Little Sal 1943-2014

So if I'm not wrong had 3 capos,33 made men both old or semi-retired or in prison and from 2000s 26 made men are dead.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/16/16 06:57 PM

furio you have missed alot of names and that is wrong frank guarraci was confirmed boss in the indicment and philip abramo is in prison and nigro is consgleirie

boss:frank guarraci
underboss: unknown
consgleire: Frank nigro 72

lugi "the dog" olveri soldier 41

Paul Colella, soldier 68

James Castaldo, 60

Jerry Balzano 53

Joseph Collina 67

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/16/16 06:59 PM

there is a few other guys i think are soldiers i just want to make sure they are made guys not assoicates

also furio joey merlo is a capo

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/16/16 07:12 PM

Imprisoned members

Phillip Abramo b.1945 IP 01/21/2018
James Gallo b.1945 IP 12/22/2021

However I asked if Gerraci was the new boss,but apart you nobody answered me.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/16/16 07:13 PM

Thanks to pogo the clown

Decavalcante family in 1999

Administration:
Boss: Giovanni "Uncle John/The Eagle" Riggi (IP)
-Ruling Panel: Vincent “Vinny Ocean” Palermo, Girolamo "Jimmy Gumps" Palermo and Charles "Fat Charlie/Big Ears" Majuri
UnderBoss: Vacant
Consiglieri: Stefano "Steve the Truck Driver" Vitabile

Capos with their Soldiers:

1. Philip Abramo
-Gaetano “Guy” Alessi
-Louis "Louie Eggs" Consalvo
-Gregory Rago

2. Joseph “Joe C” Caruano
-Paolo “Paul” Farina (Inactive)

3. Joseph “JoJo” Ferrara
? -Giacomo “Jake” Colletti (Inactive)
? -Joseph Colletti (Probably Inactive)

4. Charles "Fat Charlie/Big Ears" Majuri/Acting Boss
-Joseph Merlo Jr. (Was direct with Charlie Majuri)
-Michael Merlo

5. Girolamo "Jimmy Gumps" Palermo/Acting Boss
-Simone "Daddy" Palermo
-Emmanuel "Manny" Riggi
-John "Junior" Riggi
-Vincent Riggi
-Salvatore "Little Sal/Sal the Barber" Timpani (Was direct with Jimmy Palermo)

6. Frank Polizzi
-No Crew

7. Anthony Rotondo
-Daniel "Danny" Annunziata
-James Gallo
-Louis Talese

8. Giuseppe "Pino" Schifillitti
-Francesco “Joe” Gatto
-Francesco “Frank” Guarraci
-Frank “Shipe” Nigro

9. Lawrence “Larry/Shorty” Schiro (Semi-retired)/Joseph "Uncle Joe" Giaccobe (Acting)
-Carmelo “Melio” Cocchiaro (Transfered from the Vinny Palermo Crew)
-Leonardo “Larry” Giacobbe
-Anthony "Marshmallow" Mannarino (Transfered from the Vinny Palermo Crew)
-Ralph Micale (Transfered from the Vinny Palermo Crew)
-Joseph "Tin Ear" Sclafani (Transferred from the Rotondo Crew)
-FNU “Little Nicky” LNU (Probably Nicholas “Nick” Cottone) (Transfered from the Vinny Palermo Crew)

Other Soldiers: Not these guys were with)
Anthony Capo (Was direct with Vinny Palermo)
Amelio Cocchiaro (Inactive)
Rosario “Russell” Cocchiaro
Joseph Collina (Shelved)
Carl Corsentino
Philip “The Undertaker” LaMella (Inactive)
-Frank Majuri (Inactive) (Died in 1999)
-Joseph Merlo Sr. (Inactive) (Died in 1999)
Joseph Miranda
Robert "Bobby Basile" Occhipinti (Inactive)
Anthony Staiti
Gaetano "Corky" Vastola/86 (Inactive)
Jerry “Dracula” LNU

Not sure if these guy's were made at the time.

James Castaldo
Anthony DeMaio Sr.
Girolamo “Mommo” Guarraggi
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/16/16 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: gangstereport

furio you have missed alot of names and that is wrong frank guarraci was confirmed boss in the indicment and philip abramo is in prison and nigro is consgleirie

boss:frank guarraci
underboss: unknown
consgleire: Frank nigro 72

lugi "the dog" olveri soldier 41

Paul Colella, soldier 68

James Castaldo, 60

Jerry Balzano 53

Joseph Collina 67

No he wasnt, im not sure his name was even mentioned at all in the indictment. But there was a boss and acting boss in the indictment that was referred to as "horse" and "milk", people can guess that one of those nicknames/code names refers to Guracci but it doesnt really confirm anything.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/16/16 09:23 PM

"milk milk" is frank gurracis nickname

also in 2010 and 2006 he was said to be acting boss

http://z14.invisionfree.com/GangstersInc/ar/t137.htm

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/08/head_of_mob_crime_family_nj_ma.html

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/17/16 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Vinny ocean testified there was 60+ guys around 2000. 20 died 5 fliped a few got made. The NYC families did them a favor by telling them not make NY guys. Makes there power base stronger in nj. I sure there not lacking for recruits there.

There were approximately 50 members according to a 1988 report. Palermo listed 46 members in 1999. 40 members were cited in the 2004 report. Capeci cited 40-50 members in a 2005 article. Supposedly there were a dozen new members made between 2001 and 2006.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/17/16 11:43 AM

Any decavalcante related murders from 1999 to today ?
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/17/16 10:17 PM

Any evidence to support that?

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/17/16 10:58 PM

theres a great paperback book on that family by greg smith. he has a few good books and the guys a real reported either for newsday or the daily news so his books are factual. from what i remeber the family was really untouched after gravano fliped and lil al and the colombo war. they were rebulding and they were making alot of guys that nyc told them slow down. cause the feds left them alone during like the whole decade of the 90tys then the shit hit the fan in 2000 and theygot hammerd.l

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/17/16 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Any evidence to support that?

scott said it in one of his articles also the tapes show alot of reference

stagno says "frankie milk" when talking about the boss of the family and he said that the leader came over from Sicily

your right it is not fact but i think there is alot of evidence and highly likely he is the boss
Posted By: cheech

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/17/16 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

I wish they would come to whatever farm you're on and shoot you. Then maybe I wouldn't have to see these stale at best and plain made up at worse fucking charts anymore you stupid fuckig zip. Right when you go to fuck one of the goats....bang.
Posted By: SC

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/18/16 01:42 AM

Cut it out, cheech.
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/18/16 02:00 AM

Damn Cheech where did that come from
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/18/16 06:39 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

If there's a dollar to be wasted, you can count on the American government to do so.

Saved this quote for future use in my life Paisan.

Grenades? ....They had explosives?

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/18/16 08:10 AM

Originally Posted By: cheech

I wish they would come to whatever farm you're on and shoot you. Then maybe I wouldn't have to see these stale at best and plain made up at worse fucking charts anymore you stupid fuckig zip. Right when you go to fuck one of the goats....bang.

Cheech I live in a town and now I'm fucking your woman, your sister and maybe later also your mother. I never fucked a goat for sure you know the sensation, a friend of mine had a horse if I find you will feel you what mean to be raped by a horse.
Keep the mouth shout cocksucker that in this forum can do what I want, stupid fag.
Posted By: Dbm7

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/21/16 03:33 AM

Well then...... That escalated quickly....
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/21/16 06:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Damn Cheech where did that come from

The UPS man?

The Decavalcante family is very active, just over shadowed by NY and Philadelphia families.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/22/16 03:06 PM

Oh boy.................. Someone needs some anger management classes..

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/22/16 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: richierich
Oh boy.................. Someone needs some anger management classes..

Talk with cheech

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/23/16 09:32 AM

http://www.americanmafia.com/Mob_Hits/2004_04_update.html

I only find this decavalcante murder list. Anyone had an updated list ?

Louis LaRasso Fat Lou Dead, Body Not Found DeCavalcante Fall Out with John Riggi Capo, Delegate at Apalachin Convention
Ralph Hernandez Dead DeCavalcante Associate, Drug Dealer, Slain by Conigliaro
-John D'Amato Dead, Body Not Found DeCavalcante Homosexual Revelations Former Underboss & Street Boss
Joy Cartwright Dead (Slain in Bahamas) DeCavalcante Connection to Stock Case Bahamian, Tied to Mob Stock Manipulation
Joseph Mosella Joey O Dead NY DeCavalcante Extensive Gambling Debts Key Associate, Involved with Gambling
Albert Alain Chalem Dead DeCavalcante Potential Informant Associate, NY/NJ Internet Stock Broker
5b-Mayir Lehmann Dead DeCavalcante Potential Informant Associate, NY/NJ Internet Stock Broker
Posted By: Chance

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/23/16 05:37 PM

=
Originally Posted By: pmac
theres a great paperback book on that family by greg smith.

I agree, I own it and it is a good book. I've actually been thinking of going back and reading it again.

What I don't understand is how are the Decavalcante's making money or even taken seriously? NJ is so small and considering at least 3 of the 5 NY families (do the other 2 have NJ crews?) have crews as well as Philly having a crew in Jersey how is there anything left for the Decavalcantes?

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/23/16 05:59 PM

They been there since the beginning. There a small family say 40 50 guys that family's go back generations in that area of jersey so guys from Brooklyn or Bronx don't have that type of pull or sway there. They don't know the local politics. And a gangster is a gangster no matter were he's from.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/23/16 06:08 PM

Chance, NJ isn't small from a population standpoint, especially when talking about Italian Americans.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/23/16 06:09 PM

The Genovese , lucchese and Philly families have a big presence in jersey , the gambinos and the bonnanos also have a crew in the area , the Colombos are the only family that don't have an active crew there , saying that they don't have much of a presence outside Brooklyn , which is a little strange considering there acting underboss lives in LA and there consigliere lives in Florida and has a crew there

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/23/16 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
The Genovese , lucchese and Philly families have a big presence in jersey , the gambinos and the bonnanos also have a crew in the area , the Colombos are the only family that don't have an active crew there , saying that they don't have much of a presence outside Brooklyn , which is a little strange considering there acting underboss lives in LA and there consigliere lives in Florida and has a crew there

Colombos also have a big presence on Long Island.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/23/16 08:09 PM

They do, but Long Island isn't outside of NY. And their presence here isn't necessarily large, they're active but I'd wager the Bonannos have more active members in Long Island than the Colombo's.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/23/16 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Chance, NJ isn't small from a population standpoint, especially when talking about Italian Americans.

Look at the NJ map. New Ark,Hoboken,Jersey City are very near to NY and before Sam Decavalcante the family dont had a seat in the commission.
So even the NJ had the max italian people the only home grow family are so small and watched like second category by the other families.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/23/16 10:29 PM

The Colombos have a very small presence, mainly in the Monmouth County area, TRUST ME. It's the direct result of the Manalpan/ Marlboro/Colts Neck, etc areas of Monmouth County being host to many recent Staten Island and Brooklyn transplants. The Colombos presence in Jersey is the smallest and weakest though of the 7 families that operate and have a presence here in Jersey.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/23/16 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
They do, but Long Island isn't outside of NY. And their presence here isn't necessarily large, they're active but I'd wager the Bonannos have more active members in Long Island than the Colombo's.

The Colombos have at least three captains operating mainly in Long Island right now. It's a serious presence. The Bonannos are a little more spread out, but they do have several guys in Long Island as well. A lot of them live there, but their operations are mainly in Staten Island, Brooklyn and Queens.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/24/16 01:38 PM

There's a lot more Bonannos operating in Long Island than you think. Long Island has become one of the power bases for that family. Long Island is no such thing for the Colombo's. The guys who live here, made their names in the past, some of them are semi-active. They've also been involved in a couple of bookmaking cases, some involving the Genovese. Again, the Colombo's don't have much of a presence here when compared to the Bonanno's. Not since the days of Vic Orena.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/24/16 05:55 PM

Yes, guys but we was talking about recent decavalcante murders.
Posted By: Chance

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/25/16 06:40 PM

Yeah that makes alot of sense. New Jersey has a population of about 8.9 million where as Iowa which is at least 3 times bigger landmass wise has less then half that with 3.1 million. Plus another good point was the Italian American population, pretty damn small in Iowa compared to NJ.

Yes, guys but we was talking about recent decavalcante murders.

Sorry Furio didn't mean to derail the thread just had a question and though it seemed appropriate in a thread about the NJ family. My apologies carry on.....

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/25/16 07:35 PM

You have nothing to apologize Chance, me too think that the NJ had the most high rate of italians and only a small home born family. Maybe is because new york was the doors of america so when born the gangs that will be the 5 families the mobster in jersey prefer stay with ny or philly.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/29/16 01:50 AM

Look at the NJ map. New Ark,Hoboken,Jersey City are very near to NY and before Sam Decavalcante the family dont had a seat in the commission.
So even the NJ had the max italian people the only home grow family are so small and watched like second category by the other families.

You haven't factored in the socioeconomic influence of NYC, though. The entire state of New Jersey has only slightly more people than just the 5 boroughs of NYC. Plus a huge part of North Jersey commutes to NYC to work. The four largest cities in New Jersey all lie within the NYC metro area. Plus NYC's economy dwarfs New Jersey's. Basically: all roads lead to NYC. wink
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/29/16 09:40 PM

^^^^^

they should've grown some balls and told ny that north jersey is their territory
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Decavalcante family active - 02/29/16 10:47 PM

Dante is right. The colombos have active members living in the middlesex and monmouth county area's of jersey. Those area's are full of staten islanders and former brooklynites.

Re: Decavalcante family active - 03/01/16 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
^^^^^

they should've grown some balls and told ny that north jersey is their territory

They aren't the Sopranos and back in the 80s what Gotti say, John Riggi only can say "yes sir" or will be whacked. Maybe Stagno sr had the ball but not the men to Kick up the New York men out of jersey.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Decavalcante family active - 03/01/16 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
Dante is right. The colombos have active members living in the middlesex and monmouth county area's of jersey. Those area's are full of staten islanders and former brooklynites.

Thank you for supporting my statement Belmont. These active guys in the Colombos have some action going on in the Monmouth and Middlesex areas of Jersey that they reside in. This backs up my statement that 7 families operate within New Jersey, with the Colombos coming in at #7 with the smallest amount of action going on in the state of New Jersey.
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Decavalcante family active - 03/04/16 12:01 AM

^^^^^

They arent some dumb ghetto street corner hoods...

they actually think

Re: Decavalcante family active - 03/04/16 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
^^^^^

They arent some dumb ghetto street corner hoods...

they actually think

Its what I said before the decavalcante dont had the men to do nothing against ny give that all the ny crews together are 3-4 × the numbers of decavalcante made men.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET