Home

Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail

Posted By: Strax

Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 10:50 AM

Top Mexican drug lord Joaquin Guzman, known as El Chapo or "Shorty", has escaped from a maximum security prison for a second time, officials say.

In a statement, Mexico's National Security Commission said Guzman was last seen in the showers of the Altiplano jail late on Saturday night.

He was the leader of the Sinaloa cartel, which smuggles huge amounts of illegal drugs into the US.

His recapture in 2014 was hailed as a victory for Mexico's government.

Officials say that Guzman's escape was discovered when officers checked his cell in the Altiplano prison, which is near Mexico City.

A search operation has been launched and flights have been suspended at a nearby Toluca airport.

Guzman escaped from a Mexican high-security prison in 2001. He hid in a laundry basket after bribing prison officials.

He had been serving a sentence of more than 20 years after being arrested in Guatemala in 1993.

The US has indicted him on federal drug trafficking charges.

His arrest last year was a success story for Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto. At the time of his arrest Guzman was paraded before the media in Mexico City.

World's most wanted

Guzman was born in the town of Badiraguato, probably 57 years ago, and became an important figure in the drug cartels of the 1980s.

His rise to head of the Sinaloa cartel made him the world's most wanted drug trafficker.

The cartel controls much of the flow of cocaine, marijuana and methamphetamine to the US.

Before his recapture in 2014, the US state department had offered a reward of up to $5m (£3.2m) for information leading to his arrest.

His wealth is estimated at $1bn (£630m).

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-33497301
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 11:05 AM

Let's just catch him again & let him out the back window once the world's media have gone
Posted By: Neo

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 11:30 AM

Holy shit!!!

The Mexican Government have got egg on their face BIG TIME.

I bet the insiders got payed millions of dollars to help him escape.

Go Guzman!!! Show David Sweat & Richard Matt HOW IT'S DONE.

EDIT: His buddy Ismael Zambada García probably built a tunnel underneath the prison to aid his escape.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 12:30 PM

Legendary shit lol. Also he's gotta be worth over a billion by now.
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 02:58 PM

Wow this is crazy, the US wanted to extradite him to NY for a trial. Mexican government certainly looks foolish now
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 03:06 PM

It's a work. The Mexican government and perhaps even elements our CIA & ATF are in cahoots with Guzman.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 03:43 PM

Is this fake? The USA officials are gonna be pissed. Heads rolling.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 05:56 PM

The US should have demanded they turn him over to us immediately. The Mexicans are an absolute joke.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 06:11 PM

Wow it true mile long tunnel with a motor cycle or like a roller coaster ride in it. No one snitched it must have took 1000 guys to make. The narco songs they'll sing for chapo. Best the 3 singers about Heisenberg in breaking bad.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The US should have demanded they turn him over to us immediately.

Sigh.

Demand they turn over a Meixcan citizen convicted of crimes in Mexico to the US?

Lets flip that round Ivy:
Imagine Mexico demanding the US turn over an American citizen convicted of crimes in America to Mexico?

Thats what I thought.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Sigh.

Demand they turn over a Meixcan citizen convicted of crimes in Mexico to the US?

Imagine Mexico demanding the US turn over an American citizen convicted of crimes in America to Mexico?

Thats what I thought.

Sonny sounds crazy....watch ! I bet there will be some circumstance or technicality that the US will use to get him locked up right here in America ....it will be a cash deal "but the public will not know about that for a other twenty years..

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 09:42 PM

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Strax

Are you sure those pipe things were used in the construction of the tunnel?

There was reports of some construction, large ditches being dug out and metal pipes being laid down around the prison which could have helped their tunnel avoid detection.

I know nothing about engineering and digging tunnels but it seems a bit of a stretch dragging those pipe things through hundreds of metres of tunnel.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 09:53 PM

Sigh.

Thats what I thought.

It would actually be a good idea to lock up all big-time criminals in foreign countries, not their own, so they are cut off from the sourse of power. For example, half of the Russian mafia leadership is wanted in other countries, I wonder what would have happened if everyone of them would be turned over to the country he is wanted in. So I think it would actually be better if Chapo went to prison in the USA, not in Mexico. In his country he is like a fish in water, even in jail which isn't "waterproof".
Exchanging prisoners between countries while they are doing time would create chaos in organized crime. A pity it's just a fantasy...

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Wow it true mile long tunnel with a motor cycle or like a roller coaster ride in it. No one snitched it must have took 1000 guys to make. The narco songs they'll sing for chapo. Best the 3 singers about Heisenberg in breaking bad.

A farmer who lives 400 metres from house where the tunnel comes out said a couple in their 30's moved in there a year ago.
Might have only been two people doing the digging and it took them one year.
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 10:04 PM

No American criminal ever had even come close to chapo's reach and power.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 10:11 PM

Sigh.

Thats what I thought.

Kind of an ignorant post sonny seeing that Guzman has been under indictment here in the US for years for crimes that happened here in the US under his name and his authority-

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/opa/legacy/2009/08/20/chapo-mayo-indictment.pdf

Seeing how the mexican gov is supposedly(at least on paper) our partners in the so called war on drugs they shouldve realized it would have been more succesful to have him tried and inprisoned here in america. Lets see this little mexican smurf try to escape florence adx supermax one day.

And by the way America extradities citizens to foriegn countries all the time if theirs just cause and we have an extradition treaty with them, which we just happen to have with mexico.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 10:17 PM

Then consider my post withdrawn with apologies Dell.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/12/15 10:26 PM

Sigh.

Thats what I thought.

You're not thinking at all. It's total apples and oranges as drug cartels don't have a fraction of the influence in the US they do in Mexico. This would never happen here. It's sort of like not trusting the Pakistanis to capture and hold Bin Laden once we knew he was in their country. Same principle here.
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 12:00 PM

Beyond the international disgust directed toward Mexico (which I share)...Chapo's guys showed a lot of loyalty getting that tunnel dug and springing him out. It makes you wonder why they felt compelled to get him out.

When the boss gets locked up, especially on federal bit, the next guy steps into fill the power vacuum, or the boss tries to lead from prison through surrogates on the outside (Persico for example).I do not know of anything even remotely similar happening in the US with a criminal with that kind of profile.

I am no fan boy, Chapo has a lot of blood and torment on his hands in Mexico, the US and other countries. But the time, dedication, money and loyalty that went into getting him out, again, is staggering to me.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 02:07 PM

Looks like it is not the tunnel where he got out,NY Post just posted new photo of it :

For larger picture go; Right Click->View Image.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 02:16 PM

el chapo grimey as hell

he's litterally making a movie outta being an alleged criminal
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 02:54 PM

I don't think the term alleged criminal, fits him.

whistle
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 03:32 PM

Sigh.

Thats what I thought.

You're not thinking at all. It's total apples and oranges as drug cartels don't have a fraction of the influence in the US they do in Mexico. This would never happen here. It's sort of like not trusting the Pakistanis to capture and hold Bin Laden once we knew he was in their country. Same principle here.

No, you're missing his point.

You don't just demand and tell other countries what to do. That is his point. Has nothing to do with the effectiveness or the criminal justice system.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyG
Beyond the international disgust directed toward Mexico (which I share)...Chapo's guys showed a lot of loyalty getting that tunnel dug and springing him out. It makes you wonder why they felt compelled to get him out.

When the boss gets locked up, especially on federal bit, the next guy steps into fill the power vacuum, or the boss tries to lead from prison through surrogates on the outside (Persico for example).I do not know of anything even remotely similar happening in the US with a criminal with that kind of profile.

I am no fan boy, Chapo has a lot of blood and torment on his hands in Mexico, the US and other countries. But the time, dedication, money and loyalty that went into getting him out, again, is staggering to me.

How about $10 million dollars each?

His partner and childhood friend Ismael Zambada García needs someone bloodthirsty like Guzman around to deal with rival cartels, keep the Sinaloa cartel senior leuitenants in line and also take the heat from LE.

It is hard finding guys with Guzman's talents and abilities and I'm quite certain Ismael Zambada Garcia aided Guzman in his escape.

Guzman was known as the muscle in the Guzman-Garcia partnership while Garcia was known as the brains.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

Sigh.

Thats what I thought.

No, you're missing his point.

You don't just demand and tell other countries what to do. That is his point. Has nothing to do with the effectiveness or the criminal justice system.

My thanks MH. That was my reaction. It does grate that on occasion Americans forget they're not the centre of the universe.

But lets move on.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 07:47 PM

I think stuff like this strikes more fear in the heart of other cartels than a super violent act would.

You can plan for the wolf, but how do you plan against a fox?
Posted By: Walkner

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 08:19 PM

The US should have demanded they turn him over to us immediately. The Mexicans are an absolute joke.

They did demand he be shipped over here to face criminal trials. The Mexicans said he was being shipped to their version of a SuperMax. Their most locked down unit in Mexico. It's a fuckin joke.
Posted By: Walkner

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 08:22 PM

Sigh.

Thats what I thought.

The sad thing is the US DID demand Mexican Authorities to turn him over. Also, the US has at least one Mexican Cartel leader in the SuperMax in Colorado.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 08:47 PM

El Chapo's son Ivan Guzman, who is one of four individuals who head the Sinaloa cartel, apparently hired some guys with backgrounds in the Mexican military to plan an escape for his father.

Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 09:28 PM

Hahahahahaha yes. He is talking shit on Donald trump and waxing philosophical on Twitter. Good stuff haha

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/13/15 09:59 PM

It is getting close to 48 hours since his escape. I'm calling it now, he's gone and is probably already back in the Sinaloa mountain ranges by now and won't be recaptured.

The farmer who lives close to the house where the tunnel terminates said that a helicopter landed near that house on the night Guzman disappeared from his prison cell. From that account it is safe to say that Guzman was whisked away in a helicopter and back in Sinaloa in time for breakfast.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 02:08 AM

This whole chapo Trump smells like bullshit. And the new season of true detectives sucks ass there trying to hard to appeal with all. That's it.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 02:12 AM

The gangsters on true detective talk like they are in an English masters program

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 02:20 AM

Mighty I'm have way I to this Sunday's its getting OK but fucking this is el chapo post and breaking bad may have been the greatest cable show ever maybe better the the sopranos.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 02:21 AM

The mob should have got rid of the home run derby when they wanted to prosecute all the steroid guy these old dicks are dumb get rid of power hitting wit out doors dummy's.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 02:22 AM

The mlb not mob.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 02:36 AM

Just finish the episode it gets interesting. Better than making of the mob

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 01:59 PM

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 06:05 PM

Mexico's finest are on the case:

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=4dd_1436767109

And this JUST happened.
Great PR boys.
Posted By: tenpin477

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Walkner

Sigh.

Thats what I thought.

The sad thing is the US DID demand Mexican Authorities to turn him over. Also, the US has at least one Mexican Cartel leader in the SuperMax in Colorado.

Of course they demanded it. And were rightly told by Mexico that they could have him in 300 or 400 years when he was done serving time for his crimes in Mexico first. That the Mexican government turned out to be incompetent is moot.

As to El Chapo himself, it seems this plan was put into motion almost immediately following his incarceration tailored specifically to get him out, which is pretty incredible.
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 06:48 PM

He probably had the entire thing set up beforehand, just in case he was to get arrested. I mean, a criminal of his status expects to get busted some day.

This time, though... He just might become a ghost.

@Sonny LOL that video is fucking hilarious.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 07:53 PM

Watching fox news they showed pictures of him in a plane. He's gone this whole.shit about Trump he brought it on himself. Even with all his money bet he has nightmares at night. Chapo hanging with mmd in the mountains in Peru. Seen them yesterday. smile

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 07:53 PM

Sigh.

Thats what I thought.

One problem with turning Guzman over to the US Government is that he knows too much about the Sinaloa Cartel's connections with high-level officials in the Mexican Government. This would undermine the Mexican President's claim of stamping out corruption.

The strategy of the Mexican Government to curb violence is to collaborate with the largest cartel in order to take down the smaller cartels.
Guzman and Garcia have been ratting out rival cartel narco routes and stash houses for a few years now.

Currently the Mexican Government is headhunting the Jerisco New Generation cartel.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 07:57 PM

Watching fox news they showed pictures of him in a plane. He's gone this whole.shit about Trump he brought it on himself. Even with all his money bet he has nightmares at night. Chapo hanging with mmd in the mountains in Peru. Seen them yesterday. smile

That is an old picture of Guzman, he didn't have his trademark moustache when he escaped. That picture in the plane shows him with a moustache.
Posted By: Garbageman

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/14/15 11:52 PM

Mexico's finest are on the case:

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=4dd_1436767109

And this JUST happened.
Great PR boys.

Lmfaoooooooo oh brother
Posted By: Terence

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/15/15 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Neo

That is an old picture of Guzman, he didn't have his trademark moustache when he escaped. That picture in the plane shows him with a moustache.

I think the picture of him in the plane and the one with a beer in his hand are bullshit. He's out so why poke the bear? He didn't do any of this shit after his first escape, especially not fuckin twitter posts. If he really wanted to instigate he wouldn't appear so nonchalant about all of it.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/15/15 06:00 PM

Donald Trump beefs up security

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/15/15 06:28 PM

@Scorsese, thanks

Comments from Trump about security lets me know that this twitter beef thing is fake. Trump is just smartly using the story to support his comments.

What he should be concerned with is the press finding out just how many undocumented workers that he employs. When you see the types of businesses he owns, it's almost inconceivable that he doesn't have illegals working for him. There's a legal loophole he'll use when he is exposed. That he contracted an "agency" to do the work and he is not responsible for THEIR hiring decisions.

When given a choice...principal will often trump(pun) principles....and Donald s talking out of his butt.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/15/15 07:04 PM

+1 Getthesenets
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/15/15 07:27 PM

You couldn't be more on the money with that.

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
@Scorsese, thanks

Comments from Trump about security lets me know that this twitter beef thing is fake. Trump is just smartly using the story to support his comments.

What he should be concerned with is the press finding out just how many undocumented workers that he employs. When you see the types of businesses he owns, it's almost inconceivable that he doesn't have illegals working for him. There's a legal loophole he'll use when he is exposed. That he contracted an "agency" to do the work and he is not responsible for THEIR hiring decisions.

When given a choice...principal will often trump(pun) principles....and Donald s talking out of his butt.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/15/15 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
What he should be concerned with is the press finding out just how many undocumented workers that he employs.

The hypocritical windbag gets most of his companies linen etc from China, hell, his OWN clothing line which carries his name is made in China.

So the pricks not adverse to using slave labour.

And "I'll be the greatest jobs president ever" is right. Chinese ones.

Note: Talk about a Freudian Faux Par. In writing the above word 'using' I mixed up the first two letters reading '..the pricks not adverse to suing slave labour'.

How apt.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/15/15 08:53 PM

Video of him escaping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGmVVVNIDeY

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/16/15 07:40 PM

Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/16/15 08:03 PM

El Chapo’s Next Move
Will the drug lord rebuild his empire or simply disappear?

By Malcolm Beith
Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman
Mexican Attorney General Arely Gomez shows a picture El Chapo during a press conference held at the Secretaria de Gobernacion in Mexico City on July 13, 2015.
Photo by Yuri Cortez/AFP/Getty Images

“I’m a farmer,” Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman Loera told reporters the first time he was arrested in 1993. The second time he was caught, in 2014, he reportedly admitted to Mexican journalist Carlos Loret de Mola that he had killed 2,000 or 3,000 people.

Chapo is Mexico’s most-wanted drug trafficker. On Saturday night, he escaped from a maximum-security prison for the second time.

It’s impossible to know what’s going on inside Chapo’s mind. The first time he escaped prison, in 2001, he fled in a laundry cart and drove out of the prison grounds in the back of a car, if the official version is to be believed. This time, he managed to construct a 1.5 kilometer tunnel in plain sight of the authorities. It’s unlikely that his plans ended with him stepping outside of a pipe. Odds are Chapo has planned his next steps carefully. The question is whether he’ll try to hide—perhaps disappear into the mountains of Sinaloa, from which he hails—and “retire” from his days as a murderous criminal kingpin, or whether he’ll seek to rebuild his Sinaloa cartel as Mexico’s preeminent drug trafficking organization.

El Chapo may have engineered a jailbreak, but does he even have a cartel to return to?
The Sinaloa cartel is considered Mexico’s oldest cartel and, until about 2011, its strongest. It has expanded its reach globally, according to U.S. authorities. It has long been run by various bosses under the direction of Chapo and his right-hand, Ismael “El Mayo” Zambada. But distrust began to consume the cartel’s leadership in May 2007 when a random traffic stop in Chicago led the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration to the cartel’s key representatives in the Midwestern city, the Flores brothers. The Beltran Leyva brothers, three top Sinaloa cartel bosses who worked with Chapo, were suspicious of the Flores brothers, according to transcripts of phone conversations submitted in federal court in Chicago. The Sinaloa leadership apparently wasn’t in agreement over whether the Flores brothers were trustworthy enough to handle the vast amounts of heroin that the U.S. market required. Chapo, in addition, was annoyed at the Beltran Leyvas for flaunting their wealth in Sinaloa’s capital, Culiacan, according to local journalists and authorities. These tensions and disagreements reportedly began to cause fissures within the criminal enterprise.

Chapo has always been known for being discreet, never showing off his wealth and quietly going about his business, albeit with the ruthlessness one might expect is required to run such an organization. According to testimony of one alleged former employee, Chapo once learned that one of his drug distributors had lost money on a shipment. He was livid, according to the witness, and ordered a meeting in which the offending distributor would be reprimanded. Chapo and his lieutenants gathered in a house and discussed the mistake with the employee. When it was done, they picked up their guns and left the room. The matter appeared settled. Then, as the distributor walked out, one of Chapo’s hit men put a bullet in the back of his head. “One of his strengths is his tolerance for frustration ... revenge is not something that he exacts with the immediacy of an impulsive person,” reads a psychological analysis of the drug kingpin conducted by the Mexican authorities.

Rumors abound of Chapo drinking whiskey and enjoying the company of several women at a time, but those have remained largely unfounded. He has married four times, and had lovers, but according to most media reports and testimony, he hasn’t had a tendency to stray during relationships. During his first stint in prison, he constantly wrote gushy love letters to a female inmate, Zulema Hernandez, who paid him conjugal visits, according to guards’ testimony.

“Hello, my life! Zulema, my dear,” Chapo wrote on July 17, 2000, according to Mexican newspaper reports. The authorities were apparently planning to transfer his paramour to another correctional facility. “I have been thinking of you every moment and I want to imagine that you are happy ... because your transfer will soon take place. ... The other prison will be much better for you, because there will be more space, more movement and time on the days that your family visits. … When one loves someone, as I love you my heart, one is happy when there’s good news for this person who one adores, even though I will be more emotional for the days following your transfer.” He signed the letter simply “JGL.”

In late 2008, Zulema was found dead in Mexico City, a big Z carved into her buttocks. The Z stood for Zetas, Chapo’s biggest rivals. Shortly before his capture in 2014, in spite of having married a 17-year-old beauty queen in 2007, the authorities learned that Chapo was still in regular communication with his first wife from decades before.

The feud between the Beltran Leyva brothers and Chapo escalated at the beginning of 2007. Random shootings in Culiacan became the norm, and, during my reporting trips there in subsequent months, I found the police had been unwilling or unable to investigate many of the murders. The cartel’s civil war, according to local reports and authorities, hit a point of no return when Edgar Guzman Loera—Chapo’s 22-year-old son who had been groomed to stay out of the drug trade—was gunned down in Culiacan on May 8, 2007 by Chapo’s rivals.

Since that day, dozens of key lieutenants in the Sinaloa cartel have been killed or captured. One Beltran Leyva brother was arrested and is serving time in Puente Grande prison, from which Chapo escaped in 2001; Mexican soldiers gunned another of the brothers down. A key Chapo lieutenant, a Texan named Edgar Valdez Villareal, aka La Barbie, was arrested. Local media speculated that Chapo had turned them all in, although this too was never proven.

The crucial catch for the authorities was the capture of Vicente Zambada-Niebla, the son of El Mayo, in March 2009. Zambada-Niebla was extradited to Chicago, where he secretly pled guilty and agreed to cooperate with the government. The plea deal remained secret for a year—until Chapo was captured in Feb. 2014 in Mazatlan, on the Sinaloan coast, leading to rampant media speculation that El Mayo and his son had ratted out their long-time partner in a deal with authorities.

So Chapo may have engineered a jailbreak, but does he even have a cartel to return to? El Mayo is still alive—and may or may not be a turncoat—but is 67-years-old. Mexican and U.S. authorities say that Juan Jose Esparragoza Moreno, a reputedly shadowy Sinaloa cartel leader who was said to negotiate pacts with other cartels at key moments, died of a heart attack in June 2014.

Which leaves Chapo with little to work with. Since the Sinaloa cartel’s splintering, various new trafficking groups have sprung up nationwide. The Zetas, a group of paramilitaries-turned-traffickers, continue to work Mexico’s east coast, in constant conflict with remnants of the Gulf cartel. Since 2008, when a bunch of thugs threw two hand grenades into an Independence Day crowd in the central Mexican city of Morelia, the younger generation of drug trafficking organizations have appeared to be more prone to violence for violence’s sake, throwing aside the traditional cartel modus operandi of ensuring business goes smoothly. Consolidating those groups under one umbrella would be a challenge for even a near mythological figure such as Chapo.

Since his humble beginnings as an uneducated boy from the hills of Sinaloa, Chapo has shown a relentless drive to survive and stay on top of the drug game. If he decides to rebuild his empire, the unfortunate likelihood is that many parts of the country will once again descend into bloodshed.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/16/15 08:50 PM

not a shock that the chicago branch of their cartel led to sinoloa's arrest

chicago is still chicago in name only

the criminal atmosphere in chicago is totally dysfunctional

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/17/15 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Neo

Sigh.

Thats what I thought.

One problem with turning Guzman over to the US Government is that he knows too much about the Sinaloa Cartel's connections with high-level officials in the Mexican Government. This would undermine the Mexican President's claim of stamping out corruption.

The strategy of the Mexican Government to curb violence is to collaborate with the largest cartel in order to take down the smaller cartels.
Guzman and Garcia have been ratting out rival cartel narco routes and stash houses for a few years now.

Currently the Mexican Government is headhunting the Jerisco New Generation cartel.

How would you know that??

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/17/15 05:10 PM

From investigative journalists in Mexico connecting the dots.

Rival cartel narco routes, stash houses etc were being swept up in Government operations against the cartels but the Sinaloa cartel suffered very little from these operations while their rivals took a hammering.

The Mexican Government and the Sinaloa cartel seem to have an "understanding" - official or otherwise.

Factions in the Gulf cartel ratted out narco routes and stash houses when they were warring with each other.
That information came from turncoats and police sources.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/17/15 05:16 PM

I mean that is possible, but branding someone a rat when there is no concrete evidence is something I am never a fan of.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/17/15 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
I mean that is possible, but branding someone a rat when there is no concrete evidence is something I am never a fan of.

Fair enough, but Mexican narco traffickers are not that sensitive...

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/96886-Mexican-drug-cartels-now-hanging-trolls

Opps looks like I'm mistaken.uhwhat

But on a more serious note, yeah your right there is no concrete evidence.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/17/15 07:12 PM

But they are already proven drug dealers and murderers, being branded as "rats" would be just a minor addition to the already definitely compromised reputation. While I can understand that informants are usually scumbags, but that's because they do so to put the blame for the crimes off themselves and on somebody else. If they did testify out of genuine repentance, there would be nothing dishonorable in this. While murder committed out of power and money is always a shitty thing.

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/17/15 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

But they are already proven drug dealers and murderers, being branded as "rats" would be just a minor addition to the already definitely compromised reputation. While I can understand that informants are usually scumbags, but that's because they do so to put the blame for the crimes off themselves and on somebody else. If they did testify out of genuine repentance, there would be nothing dishonorable in this. While murder committed out of power and money is always a shitty thing.

So true, and these guys don't fuck around.

This is some of their handy work....

http://www.bestgore.com/execution/mexica...ff-while-alive/

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/18/15 12:57 AM

Not gonna watch the video

I have seen them before, they are SICK lol

Those fucks are nuts

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/18/15 01:08 AM

Not gonna watch the video

I have seen them before, they are SICK lol

Those fucks are nuts

No doubt........I've watched all the Mexican cartel videos on BestGore, the one I posted is only pictures and no video (Thank God.)

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 07/21/15 05:10 PM

Re: Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman escapes jail - 08/17/15 08:18 PM

old article about Trump and illegal workers...from 1991

Judge Says Trump Tower Builders Cheated Union on Pension Funds
By CONSTANCE L. HAYS
Published: April 27, 1991

They were Polish immigrants who suffered low wages and long hours, lived on junk food and sometimes slept at the work site -- all in the interest of meeting the deadline to build Trump Tower, the gilded centerpiece of Donald Trump's real-estate empire, which has all but disintegrated in recent months.

But now, after years of legal wrangling, the empire must pay.

In a ruling released on Thursday, a Federal judge found that Mr. Trump, a group of his associates and a union official conspired to avoid paying pension and welfare-fund contributions by hiring the immigrants to demolish the old Bonwit Teller building on East 57th Street at Fifth Avenue to make way for Trump Tower.

The ruling, by Judge Charles E. Stewart Jr. of the Southern District, found, in the behavior of the various defendants, "a conspiracy to deprive the funds of their rightful contribution."

The case began eight years ago when a retired member of the union, Housewreckers' Local 95, sued to collect the contributions for the Polish workers, who were not members of the union but were employed in numbers dwarfing those of union members on the job.

Lawyers for the plaintiff, Harry J. Diduck, said they expected a judgment of $1 million to $2 million, which will be deposited in the union pension and welfare funds. No awards will be made to individual workers.

Mr. Diduck charged that Mr. Trump, who was desperate to meet both the deadlines for the project and for his complex financing requirements, overlooked the use of the undocumented workers, who put in 12-hour days, 7 days a week and in some cases even slept at the site. Mr. Trump was named as a defendant in the lawsuit, along with the Trump-Equitable Fifth Avenue Company, a partnership he formed with the Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States, which was also named. William Kaszycki, a contractor who supplied the Polish workers, and his company, Kaszycki and Sons Contractors, were also named. Trial Took Place Last Summer

A 16-day trial took place last summer in which Mr. Trump testified that he did not know that undocumented workers were on the job and that Kaszycki and Sons did all the hiring. But in his ruling, Judge Stewart wrote that the Trump employee overseeing the demolition, Thomas Macari, was well aware of their existence.

"The Polish workers were obvious not only in numbers but also in appearance," the judge wrote in his decision. "In contrast to the union workers, the nonunion Polish workers were distinguished by the fact that most of them did not wear hard hats." Mr. Macari would appear on the site with cash to pay the Polish workers, the judge's decision said, and at times the Polish workers staged "very visible work stoppages because they were not being paid their wages," which at $4 or $5 an hour were at least less than half what union workers were paid.

The union's shop steward on the job, in charge of submitting reports showing how many workers were there, reported 12 to 16 union workers a week when there were "considerable numbers of Polish workers doing demolition covered by the contract," sometimes as many as 150, the judge wrote. Pension fund administrators were dependent on those reports to cross-check what was being reported by the Trump contractors. Mr. Trump's lawyer, Fran Jacobs, did not respond to two telephone messages left for her at her office yesterday.
=====
case was settled out of court in 1999 and SEALED

I've read it called the longest civil court case in NY State history...

filed in 1983.....settled in 1999

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET