Home

Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son)

Posted By: TommyGambino

Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/07/15 02:14 AM

I know he was big in the garment district with Tommy, what's he been upto since selling the trucks in NY?, don't they have trucking in Jersey Estimates of the Gambino brothers wealth are between 50-100 million
Posted By: fergie

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/07/15 02:16 AM

Im sure somebody submitted a picture of him and possibly his son just recently here?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/07/15 03:06 AM

Tommys alive but I'm thinking I read joe died 10 yrs ago or so.

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/07/15 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Tommys alive but I'm thinking I read joe died 10 yrs ago or so.

Pretty sure Joe's alive, this photo was taken not long back and he's bottom right I believe.

Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/07/15 01:44 PM

In the middle(yellow sweater) is Carlo, Tommy's son?

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/07/15 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: CleanBandit
In the middle(yellow sweater) is Carlo, Tommy's son?

Correct. That picture is from a military academy re-union. A lot of the Gambino kids went there.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/07/15 03:50 PM

Great picture tommy.
And great question.

Nice to see a legit question again.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/08/15 03:35 AM

Joe is legit, his brother Tommy was the only one involved in the life. That doesn't mean he didn't get help from his family. Carlo left money to his kids, no one knows how much, but his kids seem well off. Joe did sell his trucks in NY, but I think he has a trucking outfit in New Jersey. The New Jersey mob seems to love Chris Christie.
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/09/15 10:39 PM

Joe Gambino did not pass way..He does have health issues but still kicking..He's a neighbor of mine and is well respected..Looks like his Father.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/10/15 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Joe is legit, his brother Tommy was the only one involved in the life. That doesn't mean he didn't get help from his family. Carlo left money to his kids, no one knows how much, but his kids seem well off. Joe did sell his trucks in NY, but I think he has a trucking outfit in New Jersey. The New Jersey mob seems to love Chris Christie.

Both Joe and Tommy did prison time for racketeering and that broker stole a million from them while they were inside.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/10/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: mulberry
Both Joe and Tommy did prison time for racketeering and that broker stole a million from them while they were inside.

And they BOTH paid the government a fortune as part of that plea. It was in early '92, right in the thick of the Gotti-Gravano thing, so it was completely overshadowed in the media.

Originally Posted By: Beenaround
Joe Gambino did not pass way..He does have health issues but still kicking..He's a neighbor of mine and is well respected..Looks like his Father.

Not nearly as much as Tommy. Uncanny facial features aside, Tommy has his father's body, Joe does not.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/10/15 05:36 PM

How much was the restitution, PB?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/10/15 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

$12 million in fines and penalties, plus an undisclosed amount to help the "victims" of their stranglehold on the trucking business. And I've heard that that "undisclosed" amount actually dwarfed the $12 million.

And they paid it without batting an eye. The hardest part of paying the fines and restitution for them was deciding which pocket to take it out of.

THAT'S how much money they have ON THE BOOKS. Now compare that to a guy who can only show 75 grand a year as a plumbing supply salesman.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/10/15 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

shows you what chris Christie is.

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/10/15 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

$12 million in fines and penalties, plus an undisclosed amount to help the "victims" of their stranglehold on the trucking business. And I've heard that that "undisclosed" amount actually dwarfed the $12 million.

And they paid it without batting an eye. The hardest part of paying the fines and restitution for them was deciding which pocket to take it out of.

THAT'S how much money they have ON THE BOOKS. Now compare that to a guy who can only show 75 grand a year as a plumbing supply salesman.

So true, a lot of people think Tommy was just handed a fortune, he was but he literally went to work every single day and multiplied the fortune his father left behind.
Posted By: dominic_calabrese

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/20/20 10:18 PM

Not sure if this was ever posted on this site. Joseph Gambino's obituary =

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/joseph-gambino-mafia-ruler-of-nycs-garment-district-dead-at-83/
Posted By: NYMafia

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/20/20 10:39 PM

very good article.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 07/20/20 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by dominic_calabrese
Not sure if this was ever posted on this site. Joseph Gambino's obituary =

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/joseph-gambino-mafia-ruler-of-nycs-garment-district-dead-at-83/

Thanks dominic_calabrese. I know it's been said plenty before, but the garment industry was one serious money maker for the mob. It's amazing seeing the actual figures.
Posted By: jackdempsey1930

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 08/09/20 09:09 AM

From what im told my uncle used to be close with Tommy if i recall. I might have it wrong but i think carlo put my uncle with tommy to watch after him. Maybe it was they were just friends or in business together. But knowing my uncle if tommy had my uncle around him it was to let people know don't even think about doing anything stupid to tommy or else
Posted By: majicrat

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 08/09/20 01:23 PM

The idea that j. Gambino is a legitimate business man is a joke. Just because he may not have been made, he spent his life protected by the mob, Benefitting financial from their tactics and connections and lived off all the illicit profits which in turn made it possible to even start a legitimate business. The fact he paid over 12 million in fines and quit the garment industry is all the proof you need. He was at a minimum a conspirator to the gambino family
Posted By: bronx

Re: Joseph Gambino (Carlo's son) - 08/10/20 12:37 AM

agree magic
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET