Home

Social clubs in Philly?

Posted By: NE1020

Social clubs in Philly? - 07/05/15 05:38 AM

Any active social clubs in Philly still around? Or any bars or restaurants owned by any made guys currently?
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Social clubs in Philly? - 07/05/15 12:45 PM

I'm a Jersey guy that works in NYC, but I used to date a South Philly Italian girl from the neighborhood a few years back and I spent a lot of time in South Philly and got to see the lay of the land first hand from someone from the neighborhood. How does this happen? I was in town to see the Knicks play at Sixers with the guys and met her that night out in South Philly after the game (dating a south philly Italian girl took probably 5 years off my life BTW WOW)....

Anyways-Basically, Go to any corner bar in South Philly and you will see some guys (A lot of them are heavy drinkers). Phil Narducci owns Philip's steaks (best cheese steak stand in Philly in my opinion). I saw a few guys from time to time at Philadium Tavern and funny story one time we were out drinking at Quattro in South Philly and I saw Sonny Mazzone throw a stink bomb into the mens room there and then proceed to run away giggling like a school girl....I have even seen some guys at the Chickies and Petes on Packer Ave in South Philly as well, which for anyone who is familiar is a major, mainstream commercial bar in South Philly (its not a typical corner bar). They're just like anyone else, you will see them out and about in South Philly (which is a tight knit community were everyone gossips and knows everyone and talks about everyone's
business)

That's my Jersey guy outsiders experience of South Philly from my 6 months of my life were I was spending almost every other weekend there, hope it answers your question.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Social clubs in Philly? - 07/05/15 06:39 PM

Esposito runs the First Ward Republican Club
Posted By: NE1020

Re: Social clubs in Philly? - 07/06/15 03:38 AM

Thanks for the info Dante, really appreciate it!
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Social clubs in Philly? - 07/06/15 06:06 AM

Tommy is that whos Esposito?...is that first ward club ur talking About in Newark?

Re: Social clubs in Philly? - 07/06/15 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Tommy is that whos Esposito?...is that first ward club ur talking About in Newark?

No Mikey, it's in South Philly.

Re: Social clubs in Philly? - 07/06/15 07:04 AM

It's up for sale now

http://www.searchphillylistings.com/property/16-6553033-2300-S-Woodstock-St-Philadelphia-PA-19145

Posted By: Southphilly4ever

Re: Social clubs in Philly? - 07/06/15 08:55 PM

I've noticed the one on 13th and Bigler has many of the Jesters including Wags hanging around a lot, I'm not sure if the club has a name or not. It sits on the corner and could just be mistaken for a duplex or residence. There is also one by Broad and Wolf but no clue who is associated with that one,I have a niece that lives by that and claims it's often a nuisance.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET