Home

Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies

Posted By: tiger84

Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/27/15 05:32 AM

Just saw the trailer for Black mass with Johny Depp it looks fuckin awesome.He will probably be nominated for an oscar its that good.

Now the real Bulger and Scarpa stories are equally as interesting and similar both were rats who had corrupt FBI handlers.So Bulger gets Johny depp and a monster movie release.Scarpa gets Sylvester stallone who is probably the worst actor in Hollywoo plus he is older than Scarpa was when he died and this movie will probably be a staight to DVD release.
Posted By: Walkner

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/27/15 03:58 PM

Black Mass looks excellent. Whitney Bulger is an interesting story. But after reading deal with the devil, and watching the mob doc on Scarpa, Scarpa has the more interesting story in my opinion.

Yeah, bad casting with Stallone. This can't be a movie that takes itself serious. Not with that casting.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/27/15 06:17 PM

wonder whose playing flemmi in the movie
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/27/15 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac

Rory Cochrane: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1355683/

Due out September 18th, first time I seen a date attached to it.
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/28/15 05:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Walkner

Yeah, bad casting with Stallone. This can't be a movie that takes itself serious. Not with that casting.

I really want to see one of the current A list actors take on the scarpa role like Christian Bale Josh Brolin hugh jackman even Leo.I know physcly these guys dont look like Scarpa but with make up skys the limit.And Marty as the director look what he did with the departed he found the perfect guys to play each part he would do the same with the scapa movie.Stallone will make this into a action movie instead of a story based tale.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/28/15 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

Rory Cochrane: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1355683/

Due out September 18th, first time I seen a date attached to it.

So I'm counting on the both of you, Pmac and Dix, to post a review.

Pmac make sure you include the pmac translation button lol just bustin you lol lol tongue

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/28/15 07:20 PM

The trailer looks pretty sweet. And watched Donnie brasco on Netflix last note I think al did such a great job as lefty it made depp look good to. But like someone points out them small hands just can't be a bad guy. Al is lefty is one of his best so hard after don corleon and Tony montanna. Think lefty is 2 after don c. Even carlito was great. Jonny depp as Bulger Ijdk. The departed suck. Another thing I really like the music in brasco the stupid typewriter and erry violin shit. Gets you in the mood. Donnie Donnie don't tell them anything.

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/28/15 07:22 PM

It is pretty amazing brasco was under cover for like 4 yrs and no one blew his cover. But that boss in Milwaukee new and surposely told Mike sabella but after galante got hit he wasn't any capo.

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/28/15 07:22 PM

It is pretty amazing brasco was under cover for like 4 yrs and no one blew his cover. But that boss in Milwaukee new and surposely told Mike sabella but after galante got hit he wasn't any capo.

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/28/15 07:26 PM

Just got my favorite steak burrito from my Mexican spot down the street and they forgot to put the green hotsauce they make in the bag I pissd. And it's pouring out. Never leave the place before you see they put it all in the bag. My girl freaks out cause they put cow toungue in it but I swear that shit is good I just don't want to see it.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/28/15 07:59 PM

Just got my favorite steak burrito from my Mexican spot down the street and they forgot to put the green hotsauce they make in the bag I pissd. And it's pouring out. Never leave the place before you see they put it all in the bag. My girl freaks out cause they put cow toungue in it but I swear that shit is good I just don't want to see it.

Lol lol I eat that lengua or cow tongue...it's tender meat. People think it's gross but it's very tasty. Once I ate the cesos which is cow brains as a dare. Tastes like chicken.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 06/28/15 10:58 PM

Girl,

I'm definitely going to watch it and will give my take on it. I'm not as plugged into some of the smaller hits over the years in Mass but I have followed Whitey and read a book or two on it. I need to read Black Mass so I know what is supposed to be real in the movie and what isn't.

pmac,

I actually liked The Departed. I thought Jack was a good Irish boss and Leo played a pretty good undercover especially since he came from a connected family in the movie and the boss sending him to jail so he would be accepted since everyone knew he was in the academy. If you look at it from not thinking of Whitey and the whole story it looks better, if you compare it to Whitey you will be disappointed because it was so different than the real story.

I'm not "excited" over Black Mass, but I will watch it just because nothing else coming out is exciting me and because I love anything on the Boston underworld.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 07/01/15 10:02 PM

If he doesn't say "This one's from Carmine" while blasting off nicky blacks face I will be pissed!

To be honest stallone has a similar tone of voice as scarpa and they looked the same when scarpa didnt have aids..sort of. They probably should have gotten someone scarier...he was the grim reaper..
Posted By: SonnyD

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 07/01/15 10:10 PM

To be honest the only mob movie I want to see is a good biography of Frank Costello(Real guy, not the made up one)or Meyer Lansky
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 07/02/15 03:40 AM

Looks good, but I would love to see a Scarpa movie, that was close to a lot of top guys in the Profaci family a few years after he was made. Then he switched to Joe Colombo faction in the family, and his career soared after that, even being an informant for the FBI.
Posted By: Oscarthedago

Re: Scarpa vs Whitey bulger movies - 07/02/15 05:43 PM

Sly playing Scarpa...besides Rocky & Rambo, every movie he made was shit.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET