Home

Mobsters on social media

Posted By: British

Mobsters on social media - 06/22/15 09:31 PM

Anyone know of any 'real' made guys that use social media?
Posted By: Garbageman

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/22/15 09:52 PM

Off the top of my head, I remember something about Tommy Shots Gioele tweeting or he had a blog going when he was in MDC. Of course he had outside help. No Internet in feds. Only plain text email.
Posted By: Garbageman

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/22/15 11:10 PM

Matter of fact, here is that blog. Interesting posts about how they can eff with someone inside.
http://tommygioelisvoice.blogspot.com/?m=1
Posted By: yigido

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/22/15 11:53 PM

I also read an article that the younger Sicilian mobsters nowadays use social media to show off their wealth.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/23/15 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Garbageman
Matter of fact, here is that blog. Interesting posts about how they can eff with someone inside.
http://tommygioelisvoice.blogspot.com/?m=1

thanks
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/25/15 02:05 AM

I've seen stuff with these Irish gangsters, I think Dundon-McCarthy group, that basically made a video of them flashing their wealth in Spain, trying to make it look like a rap video. Well, except they were pale ass tinker Paddies.
Posted By: tt120

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/25/15 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: British
Anyone know of any 'real' made guys that use social media?

sal larca (big time genovese guy, relatively young) was on FB before he got locked up.

for younger guys, being on social media is like having your number listed in the phone book. its almost weird if you ARENT on it. people say "oh thats not LCN... Don Carlo is rolling in his grave at the thought!" well, these are different times. if anything, it gives more creedence to the "keeping up a normal apparence" front. its not like they are posting about hits, soliciting bets, things like that. its a way to keep up with your kids while they are at college, look at pictures of family get togethers, stay in touch, etc...

i bet there are a ton of active made guys with private/hidden profiles these days.
Posted By: sbhc

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/26/15 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: OldSmoke
I've seen stuff with these Irish gangsters, I think Dundon-McCarthy group, that basically made a video of them flashing their wealth in Spain, trying to make it look like a rap video. Well, except they were pale ass tinker Paddies.

Yeah basically these clowns put up a video on youtube threatening to kill Christy Keane, the leader of the Dundons rival Limerick gang Keane Collopys. I think just about everybody in the video is currently serving time, not the brightest of folk.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ1tRWVJjkQ[/video]
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/26/15 08:15 AM

holy shit that video was embarrassing... theyre driving a C-class benz for fucks sake.. that's what people buy their 16 year old daughters... might as well tried to look like "ballers" in a Hyundai. acting like theyre in a rolls Royce or ferrari
Posted By: Oscarthedago

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/26/15 08:00 PM

I know a few cooperating informants who have been on this site and others.
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/27/15 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: sbhc

Yeah basically these clowns put up a video on youtube threatening to kill Christy Keane, the leader of the Dundons rival Limerick gang Keane Collopys. I think just about everybody in the video is currently serving time, not the brightest of folk.

Didn't one of them blow their head off playing Russian roulette or was that the other clan?
Posted By: bronx

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/27/15 12:23 PM

cleveland guys,
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/27/15 01:52 PM

Joey Merlino on Instagram.
Posted By: sbhc

Re: Mobsters on social media - 06/27/15 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: sbhc

Didn't one of them blow their head off playing Russian roulette or was that the other clan?

That was Philip Collopy of the Keane Collopy gang. He was up all night drinking at a house party and ended up shooting himself in the head when giving a drunken handgun demonstration to two friends early that morning.
Posted By: Testa

Re: Mobsters on social media - 07/19/15 12:08 AM

Instagram.

John Alite = alitejohn
Joseph Merlino = joeysnm
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Mobsters on social media - 07/19/15 12:15 AM

There are a few that are on openly. The rest use alias.
Posted By: eggplant

Re: Mobsters on social media - 07/20/15 12:16 AM

Frank Giovinco
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET