Home

Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland)

Posted By: Oscarthedago

Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/19/15 07:09 PM

For any of you Cleveland buffs, I found some very good files that should certainly bring back some memories:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html...10&tab=page

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html...10&tab=page

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html...=2&tab=page

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=95259&relPageId=10&search=John_Scalish

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/19/15 07:11 PM

Strocos, Friend of the family, spadine and friend of henry and any other Cleveland guys, these are some very interesting reads.

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/19/15 07:18 PM

Here is the link for the documentary called Sugar Wars: The Rise of the Cleveland Mafia

https://play.google.com/store/movies/det...Q&gclsrc=ds
Posted By: strococs

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/20/15 02:05 PM

Interesting , makes sense about jack white . As I think it was Ray ferrito who said jack white promised to make him in Detroit after he whacked Greene .

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/20/15 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: strococs
Interesting , makes sense about jack white . As I think it was Ray ferrito who said jack white promised to make him in Detroit after he whacked Greene .

Ferrito was promised his own gambling operation in Cleveland...Ferrito left WITSEC and became one of the largest bookmakers in Erie, PA who layed his action off to the Sabatini Brothers and Manny Xenakis, all high level associates of Pittsburgh.

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/20/15 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Oscarthedago

Ferrito was promised his own gambling operation in Cleveland...Ferrito left WITSEC and became one of the largest bookmakers in Erie, PA who layed his action off to the Sabatini Brothers and Manny Xenakis, all high level associates of Pittsburgh.

I thought he was promised A piece of Youngstown and Warren and to be become a made member . I doubt jack white would of paid him top dollar but he may have made him had he whacked Greene and not got busted
Posted By: Sinito

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/23/15 03:43 AM

Are the Sabatini Brothers still doing barbut in Ravenna? I asked around to friends of mine who still live there but nobody even heard of them.
Posted By: FriendoftheFamily

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/23/15 12:44 PM

Good Reads

Really what a mess after Scalish died.

What should have been straight forward business turned into getting too many people involved because it dragged out so long and the many missteps.
Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/23/15 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinito
Are the Sabatini Brothers still doing barbut in Ravenna? I asked around to friends of mine who still live there but nobody even heard of them.

Maybe Oscar can help you with this? Maybe not in Ravenna, but a near-by township? Maybe one of barbut dealers from the old All American Club is running the game?

Hard for me to say as I never learned as I was not allowed to play. Maybe the game in Campbell wasn't on the up and up http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/images/icons/classic/wink.gif

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/23/15 04:57 PM

Robert, John & Gerald Sabatini still operate...but I am not sure if they are still in the Ravenna area. Here are a few links to the Sabatini Brothers and their longtime partner, Manny Xenakis:

http://www.leagle.com/decision/2002866281BR585_1795 (2001)

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2004&dat=19920409&id=HroiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Q7UFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1180,1726924&hl=en (1992- Copy and paste this link into your browser)

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/23/15 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Friend_of_Henry

Maybe Oscar can help you with this? Maybe not in Ravenna, but a near-by township? Maybe one of barbut dealers from the old All American Club is running the game?
Hard for me to say as I never learned as I was not allowed to play. Maybe the game in Campbell wasn't on the up and up http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/images/icons/classic/wink.gif

I know who you're talking about...wink wink

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/23/15 05:46 PM

Here are some great links to Angelo Lonardo and other Cleveland members:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html...12&tab=page

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html...=6&tab=page

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/25/15 06:20 PM

Any Clevelanders want to discuss these files?
Posted By: bronx

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/25/15 06:30 PM

when does that feast start

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/25/15 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: bronx
when does that feast start

http://clevelandlittleitaly.com/events/ (August)

Great feast, great area, great history...especially when Tony Milano lived on the hill and owned the ITAM Club...NOBODY fucked around over there and they kept the rift raft and colored people out.
Posted By: Sinito

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/26/15 06:02 AM

^^Even at the feast I never see too many...
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/26/15 10:16 AM

Little Italy in Cleveland is awesome.

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/26/15 01:33 PM

^^Even at the feast I never see too many...

You didn't see any when Milano ruled the Hill.

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/26/15 08:58 PM

Was tommy scalish the more powerful then his brother John ? Do you think it was possible he was going to have the shoes put on him instead of John.

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/27/15 02:16 PM

Was tommy scalish the more powerful then his brother John ? Do you think it was possible he was going to have the shoes put on him instead of John.

Personally, no. Besides Scalish, Milano called the shots with Scalish being the figurehead.

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/27/15 07:02 PM

Personally, no. Besides Scalish, Milano called the shots with Scalish being the figurehead.

Tommy died in the mid forties I meant when he was alive .

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/27/15 07:31 PM

Tommy died in the mid forties I meant when he was alive .

Gotcha, I was thinking about Frank. Not sure, I don't know enough about Tommy to make a comment.

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/29/15 05:20 PM

So you think scalish was the front boss for Milano and polizzi ?

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/30/15 05:19 PM

So you think scalish was the front boss for Milano and polizzi ?

I think he was...at least through the 1950's/1960's
Posted By: Spadine

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/30/15 06:48 PM

Hey Oscar- its Spadine cumbare.There is so much in & around what you're talking about .Feast starts Aug. 13 ( thurs.) Procession is Sat.15th .& ends Sun.16th w/ fireworks @ 9:00 pm Also it was the IAB Club . Thats where they tried to hit Nardi as he walked out( driveby) they missed & again as Nardis car spun & missed again w/ the 2 "snipers" on train bridge as the car was coming down mayfield rd heading to euclid ave.Cleveland guys were definitely not a good aim.They also fucked up on more occasions- hence the green bs Milano was boss- but used Scalish bcuz he was very polished, so well liked & was a smooth talker & man.He was a stand up guy & very business saavy.This is no disrespect for Milano or to say he was not capable, but believed by many that he was grooming to be boss.Milanowas always thing ahead (opposite of Licavoli who was like a shalad) that is why cleveland lcn is small in # & not more recognized & powerful.
Posted By: Spadine

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/30/15 07:18 PM

Also,Licavolli as not polished himself. He actually was sloppy as was his work & dealings.Greedy also, which led to demise of cleve. LCN .He didn't bring any new guys in or make anyone- leaving behind a loossely group of guys after he & his associates pretty much all went away. Kinda sad- especially due to fact of what Milano & Scalish had established & left behind.As a matter of facthe also didn't want us younger guys in neighborhood fuckong around or beatin up the moolies- he did not want to stir up trouble & bring heat around ..

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/30/15 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Spadine
Hey Oscar- its Spadine cumbare.There is so much in & around what you're talking about .Feast starts Aug. 13 ( thurs.) Procession is Sat.15th .& ends Sun.16th w/ fireworks @ 9:00 pm Also it was the IAB Club . Thats where they tried to hit Nardi as he walked out( driveby) they missed & again as Nardis car spun & missed again w/ the 2 "snipers" on train bridge as the car was coming down mayfield rd heading to euclid ave.Cleveland guys were definitely not a good aim.They also fucked up on more occasions- hence the green bs Milano was boss- but used Scalish bcuz he was very polished, so well liked & was a smooth talker & man.He was a stand up guy & very business saavy.This is no disrespect for Milano or to say he was not capable, but believed by many that he was grooming to be boss.Milanowas always thing ahead (opposite of Licavoli who was like a shalad) that is why cleveland lcn is small in # & not more recognized & powerful.

In my opinion, I believe that Milano was the most powerful guy from Cleveland...Lonardo too, but he flipped. Tony DelSanter was another one who was very well respected and died much too young.

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 06/30/15 07:24 PM

Also,Licavolli as not polished himself. He actually was sloppy as was his work & dealings.Greedy also, which led to demise of cleve. LCN .He didn't bring any new guys in or make anyone- leaving behind a loossely group of guys after he & his associates pretty much all went away. Kinda sad- especially due to fact of what Milano & Scalish had established & left behind.As a matter of facthe also didn't want us younger guys in neighborhood fuckong around or beatin up the moolies- he did not want to stir up trouble & bring heat around ..

Jack White was a thug...pure and simple. He had no charisma and should have stayed as a Capo running his businesses. Everybody from NE Ohio knows Maishe Rockman only wanted Licavoli as Boss because Maishe felt he control Jack White...as he knew he couldn't control Big Ange

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 07/07/15 06:07 PM

In my opinion, I believe that Milano was the most powerful guy from Cleveland...Lonardo too, but he flipped. Tony DelSanter was another one who was very well respected and died much too young.

Carmen Milano

Attached picture image.jpg

Re: Scalish Crime Family (Cleveland) - 07/08/15 12:49 AM

Does anybody know if Ron Lucarelli Jr is still with Loose?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET