Home

Genovese family administration

Posted By: Neo

Genovese family administration - 06/18/15 08:28 PM

Since alot of the top guys are retired/semi-retired I'm just curious about who is a member or likely member of the Genovese administration?

My pick:

Boss: Liborio Bellomo

Underboss: Ernest Muscarella

Consigliere: Dominick Cirillo
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/18/15 08:38 PM

Barney hasn't been the same since his wife died. He's reigned it in A LOT. Ernie turned over almost everything to the kid. And QD is DONE except for some trucking interests and an old shy book in Jersey.

Welcome to the board, though smile.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/18/15 09:09 PM

Thank you.

Man, they really are the most secretive family.

So as I understand it QD and Ernie are more or less done and Barney dont want nothing to do with anything by the sounds of it.

Barbito and Mangano are too old and probaby retired, Tuzzo is in prison, it is killing me not knowing who is in the Genovese administration
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/18/15 09:09 PM

PB: Would you comment on who's current head/acting of 116th?

No probs if not.

Edit: PB/Bronx would either of you two care to speculate on the current size of the 116th? Number of made guys? Associates?
Cheers.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/18/15 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Neo
Barbito and Mangano are too old and probaby retired, Tuzzo is in prison

Barbato's shot, and I've been telling people that poor Benny's been done for YEARS. He's blind for God's sake. He splits his time between a nursing home and his NY apartment. But it's just a matter of time before he needs full-time care. Whether it's at home or out in the country.

it is killing me not knowing who is in the Genovese administration

Then I'd suggest finding yourself a length of rope and a sturdy oak tree. Because even the guys on these boards who guess close are always off by a bit. But that's the way it's set up.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/18/15 09:33 PM

Is that guy pat deluca still around hes probably to old but when nigro was what ever position in 03 to be inducted guys pats was his 2. So I was reading g capeci this morning it was about some old jersey guy cousin to tino.said he was made with Coppola kid and brother 2009. Really think the bosses just let the capo of the new members do the ceremony. Just oks it. There was a article on Frank loc ill post on his thread.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/18/15 09:34 PM

Guy name was muzzy he died they inducted him in his mid 70tys there still hope for papa smurf.
Posted By: DB

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/18/15 09:55 PM

Papa not in and never will be but he holds power

They have a younger crop that hardly anyone knows about except maybe PB Bronx or Skinny and have senior advisors schooling them the right way and likely one of the oldies calling the shots behind the scenes that everyone just guesses about and almost always wrong

The race to legit stuff is where the real race is , that's a trail to follow

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/18/15 10:07 PM

Chin will be dead 10 years now it's kind of shocking he wouldn't name a successor but he probably did. They had like a dozen acting bosses or panel guys and all of them are well over 70+ or dead and that guy Barney is probably the last one under 60. Last thing on a wire tap prisco 2005 saying he would prefer Barney over Leo as boss. If didn't know when he was summoned by Leo at xmis time 05 if it was a promotion or his death. Yaeh they don't fuck around there soldiers don't know whose boss.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/18/15 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Guy name was muzzy he died they inducted him in his mid 70tys there still hope for papa smurf.

/me chuckles

Is that guy pat deluca still around

Great question P.

PB, is he still active? Also is Daniel Leo back in since his release or has he hung up his boots too?
Cheers.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/18/15 11:29 PM

Chin will be dead 10 years now it's kind of shocking he wouldn't name a successor but he probably did. They had like a dozen acting bosses or panel guys and all of them are well over 70+ or dead and that guy Barney is probably the last one under 60. Last thing on a wire tap prisco 2005 saying he would prefer Barney over Leo as boss. If didn't know when he was summoned by Leo at xmis time 05 if it was a promotion or his death. Yaeh they don't fuck around there soldiers don't know whose boss.

what do the soldiers need to know who's the boss for?

most of the family captains shouldn't know who the boss is if you ask me

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 12:15 AM

Taking a wild guess I think the structure is:

Boss:

Underboss:

Consigliere:

Family Panel:
Street boss
Street boss:
Street boss:

Does that look about right?
Now can someone start guessing who those positions belong to?

Posted By: mulberry

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 12:55 AM

My wild guess Danny Leo is the boss

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 01:32 AM

Here's a thought.

With PB indicating both QD and Ernie are out of the game and passed the 116th crew onto younger guys (assumption on my part), (and keep in mind the 116th is where ALL Genovese leaders come from), then MAYBE (with 5 crews) the power has shifted to Jersey, with the old guard retiring in the Bronx....

Its a wild guess but NOT out of the realms...

(which would be HUGE as no NY5 fam boss was from Jersey, I think wink )
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 01:57 AM

Fuck knows who's on the ruling panel, probably Ernie, Barney, Leo.

Is Joe Dente Jr still capo, he's quite young
Posted By: Longislandguy14

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 02:08 AM

Last thing on a wire tap prisco 2005 saying he would prefer Barney over Leo as boss. If didn't know when he was summoned by Leo at xmis time 05 if it was a promotion or his death.

That was the thing that stood out to me when I was reading those wiretaps. A guy as heavy as Prisco thought there was a possibility he was gonna be killed or given some cash. Talk about keeping guys in the dark.
You gotta give Prisco credit though, he told his driver if that what is supposed to happen then so be it or something like that.
I wonder how close Angelo was to john Leto, the guy who got caught for Angelo S murder and testified against Angelo P and Doc Giaccone.
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 03:29 AM

Got a feeling Daniel Leo is the boss. If not, there has to be a panel consisting of Leo, Bellomo and Muscarella, which was mentioned earlier. Just my guess, but even though Larry Dentico is one of the oldest mobsters alive, he may be acting as an unofficial advisor figure?

No-one has mentioned Ross Gangi and Patsy Parello. They are close. Possibility they may be serving on the panel. If not, PB, have any idea what they have been up to since they were released in 2008?

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 04:01 AM

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU? THE WESTSIDE DOES NOT MAKE BILLIONAIRE SANITATION GUYS!!!!

I'm sorry, pmac. You're a good kid and I know you have your favorites. But guys like Ponte and Papa Smurf and Tommy Milo didn't need buttons. There's too much to lose by way of licensing and anti-trust violations.

Do you know what an anti-trust violation does to a business? So as a rule, the Westside does not make the bigger garbage guys.

And before anyone mentions Cockeyed Nick, the guy's been dead for almost 35 years, and he was made LONG before he became the King of Westchester Garbage.

I'm sorry for snapping. Bad day.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 04:08 AM

Danny and Angelo have been rivals--but not enemies--since the Purple Gang days. No way in Hell he was getting clipped.

Poor bastard. He's doing life and his family's broke. Rudy died fucking penniless two years ago. But Westside skippers are automatically millionaires, right? rolleyes

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 04:13 AM

Pizza was being sarcastic comeon. Keep it light.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Fuck knows who's on the ruling panel

Only the guys on the panel. It rotates, and one guy has been a constant since 2005. So maybe, just maybe, there is one guy with more say than the others. Just saying wink.

No. He stays upstate since he was broken down. He's better off anyway. He's lucky he didn't get chased altogether with the rumor that fucking Greg started about him years ago. He still earns and he has enough cash to last a lifetime. His father was the fucking greatest thing on Arthur Avenue since the market.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 04:23 AM

Pizza was being sarcastic comeon. Keep it light.

I love ya, pmac. You know that. I even apologized at the end of my post. I guess I just get tired of all the speculation. And that's my fault. You guys have every right to guess this way or that way.

Again, it's on me. You're a GREAT kid, pmac. Always respectful and a VERY knowledgeable poster. You're incredibly well read on this stuff. I'd never have the patience to read that many mob books, and I read A LOT of books in general.

It's my fault. After almost ten years, it's finally dawning on me that I probably don't belong on these sites. It's on me.

I hope all is well up in Boston.

PB

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Zavattoni
No-one has mentioned Ross Gangi and Patsy Parello. They are close. Possibility they may be serving on the panel. If not, PB, have any idea what they have been up to since they were released in 2008?

When Ross got out he tried to get in on the new fish market by the prison barge. But with his family history, they laughed at his application. Shame, though. The guy knows the fish business.

Patsy's always at the restaurant. I think at this stage of his life, if you made him choose between his stripes and the restaurant that he'd pick the restaurant. He hasn't been the same since his son died anyway. No one gets over that. But they were an exceptionally close family. But in his day, he was the toughest guy to come out of Fordham. Period.

But that's it. I'm signing off on this subject now. See you guys in General Discussion smile.
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 04:39 AM

PB we all have our good and bad. So you got a temper and you shoot from the hip from time to time. You're an old school guy from the Bronx. It comes with the territory. You belong on these boards more than most..
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 05:20 AM

A friend of mine sent me some photos of parallo the other day at the restaurant , he still looks strong as a fucking ox

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
A friend of mine sent me some photos of parallo the other day at the restaurant , he still looks strong as a fucking ox

Does he know your friends are over there snapping pictures of him?

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: blacksheep

Does he know your friends are over there snapping pictures of him?
yeah they r close friends

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 05:41 AM

Cool.. at least they aren't hiding the iPhone behind the lasagna all sneaky

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 05:56 AM

Not sure if I believe parallo is out the game , it's not like he is old and decrepit , plus in one of the photos there were 3 rather large intimidating gentlemen around him looking all menacing

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Fuck knows who's on the ruling panel

Only the guys on the panel. It rotates, and one guy has been a constant since 2005. So maybe, just maybe, there is one guy with more say than the others. Just saying wink.

No. He stays upstate since he was broken down. He's better off anyway. He's lucky he didn't get chased altogether with the rumor that fucking Greg started about him years ago. He still earns and he has enough cash to last a lifetime. His father was the fucking greatest thing on Arthur Avenue since the market.

Great, finally we are getting somewhere...

So...the Genovese administration is a rotating panel with Danny holding the most influence on the family panel since 2005?

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 10:41 AM

The rotating panel allegedly consisted of cirillo , dentico , barbeto , Leo , bellomo and muscarella
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Longislandguy14
Last thing on a wire tap prisco 2005 saying he would prefer Barney over Leo as boss. If didn't know when he was summoned by Leo at xmis time 05 if it was a promotion or his death.

That was the thing that stood out to me when I was reading those wiretaps. A guy as heavy as Prisco thought there was a possibility he was gonna be killed or given some cash. Talk about keeping guys in the dark.
You gotta give Prisco credit though, he told his driver if that what is supposed to happen then so be it or something like that.
I wonder how close Angelo was to john Leto, the guy who got caught for Angelo S murder and testified against Angelo P and Doc Giaccone.

Do you have a link to where you are reading those taps from? I would like to read them.
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 11:39 AM

Not sure if I believe parallo is out the game , it's not like he is old and decrepit , plus in one of the photos there were 3 rather large intimidating gentlemen around him looking all menacing

Which photo is this??

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

Which photo is this??
just some private photos a friend of his sent me
Posted By: moneyman

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 01:05 PM

My guess is Muscarella has the most pull at this point via his conduit, I'm thinking there is a Bronx capo nobody is talking about on the panel... looks like Pagano will have a say when he gets out... we will all know soon enough

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 03:23 PM

Any chance of posting?

And a word of advice @neo: PB says what he wants to say. Baiting him into saying more than he wants doesn't do anybody any good.
Posted By: DB

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 05:44 PM

Damn they are really broke? , what a shame , seriously

I thought for sure those guys owned all those hot bars in nj shore

I used to see em walk in on Mondays and see the count ( knee a bartender ) and this place was always rocking

Is this a legal fees thing that did em ? as some of those guys have so much $

And legit $. I work downtown where the firms in a particular industry are listed so I know things are active, lots of work

Especially in 1 type of thing that these guys legally arrange to be put up

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 05:54 PM

Fuck it a take a guess boss is Leo in name. Official. But just keeps a panel rotating under him. In new England Pete limone boss the cops no everyone knows but its a little cause all the underlings run the show. Arod getting his 3k I'd take him all day over big papi he sucks ass right now. Been posting alot lately the red Sox suck. 200 mill payroll.
Posted By: Longislandguy14

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Originally Posted By: Longislandguy14

Do you have a link to where you are reading those taps from? I would like to read them.

It was a while ago so I'm not too sure where exactly on the net I found it but I'm sure if you start googling you will find it in no time.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 06:59 PM

The rotating panel allegedly consisted of cirillo , dentico , barbeto , Leo , bellomo and muscarella

In 2009 Benny Mangano, Barney Bellomo, Ernie Muscarella, and Larry Dentico were reported to be on a rotating panel.

Cirillo, Barbato, and Leo weren't mentioned. It was Cirillo who reportedly established the panel back in the 1990's. And, of course, he was acting boss at one time. Leo was also said to be on the panel before becoming acting boss himself. Barbato, who I'm not sure is still a captain, hasn't been mentioned in some time.

In 2011, Tino Fiumara was reported to be on a 3 man panel running the family prior to his death.

And last year it was reported the family was still likely using a rotating panel of leaders.

This is all we really have in recent years on the top leadership of the Genovese family. People need to quit trying to fit things into the standard boss/underboss/consigliere model because that apparently hasn't been the case in nearly 20 years.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 07:15 PM

Timeline over the past 25 years -

May 1990 - Barney Bellomo made acting boss after Vincent Gigante is indicted in the Widows case.

June 1996 - Barney Bellomo indicted. Dominick Cirillo becomes acting boss. Also establishes a ruling panel.

May 1998 - Dominick Cirillo steps down after a heart attack. Frank Serpico follows as acting boss but steps down some time between then and April 2001 when he's indicted as the "former acting boss." Whenever that was, apparently Ernie Muscarella followed as acting boss.

January 2002 - Ernie Muscarella indicted as acting boss.

Artie Nigro was reported to be acting boss in November 2003 so he probably succeeded Muscarella.

If what former FBI agent Jaoquin Garcia said was correct, Pasquale DeLuca was probably acting boss at some point during this time, since it would fall within the December 2002 - March 2005 time frame of Garcia's undercover work; though it's not clear for how long since we don't know exactly when Dominick Cirillo resumed his the role after he recovered.

April 2005 - Dominick Cirillo indicted as acting boss.

July 2005 - Matthew Ianniello indicted as "an" acting boss, as opposed to "the" acting boss. This is wording is probably intentional by the feds, which suggests he was on the ruling panel.

December 2006 - Danny Leo identified as acting boss (from his previous position on the ruling panel) and indicted as such in May 2007.

June 2009 - NY Daily News article identifies Benny Mangano, Ernie Muscarella, Barney Bellomo, and Larry Dentico on a "rotating panel" of recently released senior members running the family.

September 2009 - NY Times article identifies Tino Fiumara as being on a "three man panel" running the family. This is reported against in 2011 after his death.

February 2010 - Artie Nigro indicted as the "former" acting boss.

February 2014 - Wall Street Journal reports Genovese family likely still uses a rotating panel of leaders to run day-to-day affairs to avoid any one boss from being targeted by prosecutors.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 07:16 PM

Ivy, do you have a link to the 2009 article? I'd like to read it.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Ivy, do you have a link to the 2009 article? I'd like to read it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ge...rticle-1.377977

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/24/nyregion/24christie.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Timeline over the past 25 years -

May 1990 - Barney Bellomo made acting boss after Vincent Gigante is indicted in the Widows case.

June 1996 - Barney Bellomo indicted. Dominick Cirillo becomes acting boss. Also establishes a ruling panel.

May 1998 - Dominick Cirillo steps down after a heart attack. Frank Serpico follows as acting boss but steps down some time between then and April 2001 when he's indicted as the "former acting boss." Whenever that was, apparently Ernie Muscarella followed as acting boss.

January 2002 - Ernie Muscarella indicted as acting boss.

Artie Nigro was reported to be acting boss in November 2003 so he probably succeeded Muscarella.

If what former FBI agent Jaoquin Garcia said was correct, Pasquale DeLuca was probably acting boss at some point during this time, since it would fall within the December 2002 - March 2005 time frame of Garcia's undercover work; though it's not clear for how long since we don't know exactly when Dominick Cirillo resumed his the role after he recovered.

April 2005 - Dominick Cirillo indicted as acting boss.

July 2005 - Matthew Ianniello indicted as "an" acting boss, as opposed to "the" acting boss. This is wording is probably intentional by the feds, which suggests he was on the ruling panel.

December 2006 - Danny Leo identified as acting boss (from his previous position on the ruling panel) and indicted as such in May 2007.

June 2009 - NY Daily News article identifies Benny Mangano, Ernie Muscarella, Barney Bellomo, and Larry Dentico on a "rotating panel" of recently released senior members running the family.

September 2009 - NY Times article identifies Tino Fiumara as being on a "three man panel" running the family. This is reported against in 2011 after his death.

February 2010 - Artie Nigro indicted as the "former" acting boss.

February 2014 - Wall Street Journal reports Genovese family likely still uses a rotating panel of leaders to run day-to-day affairs to avoid any one boss from being targeted by prosecutors.
love to know the other two unknown panel members who were on it with fiumara

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
People need to quit trying to fit things into the standard boss/underboss/consigliere model because that apparently hasn't been the case in nearly 20 years.

Thank you, Ivy! Yet it comes up AT LEAST once a month.

Christ Almighty, I wasn't gonna post on the subject again. But it's set up so that their own fucking soldiers don't even know who has the final word. Do you really think a bunch of "Sopranos" and "Goodfellas" obsessed kids are going to figure it out through Google and property records searches? (and the guys who do that--look up where these guys live so they can jerk off to their homes on Google Earth--should really just eat a .38 right now, because your life isn't going to get any better).

"Oh, but it's fun to guess...." rolleyes

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
And a word of advice @neo: PB says what he wants to say. Baiting him into saying more than he wants doesn't do anybody any good.

Thank you, Sonny. And I trust that you got my short email reply last night, promising you a longer one today?

I'm with my father, but I have my laptop so I'll get to a lengthier reply before day's end.

Thanks again.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/19/15 09:39 PM

All good pal.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Any chance of posting?

Thank you for the advice, point taken.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 02:11 AM

So after Barney went away and QD took over and established a rotating panel it has been that way ever since for the Genoveses.

QD is a GENIUS.

Chin, Barney, Ernie, Larry, Danny are all top of the line guys, no doubt about it, but QD is the fucking MAN, I got to give the guy cred.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 02:51 AM

So after Barney went away and QD took over and established a rotating panel it has been that way ever since for the Genoveses.

QD is a GENIUS.

Chin, Barney, Ernie, Larry, Danny are all top of the line guys, no doubt about it, but QD is the fucking MAN, I got to give the guy cred.

The guy is 90 percent retired, so please give the guy a break. His family has been through enough. Besides, he didn't "invent" the rotating panel. The Westside has used it on and off for years.

And just for the record, Little Larry is done, too. Let these guys live out their days without any grief. But welcome to the boards. You seem like a nice--if a bit too curious--guy.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 02:55 AM

I think a good comparison would be a city council structure instead of a single mayor running a city. In a city council all members are equal, except that one of them acts as mayor for a given period then it goes to another council member. So anyone who is a Genovese caporegime (maybe even acting caporegimes) or above sits on the council if he agrees to. It also means that there's no single guy making the decisions, but there might be a guy who has the final word only because he has the most respect and a lot of experience (first among equals, we might say). Even then, he would rarely need to give that final word. At any rate, in this structure there are several acting bosses at the same time.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Faithful1
I think a good comparison would be a city council structure instead of a single mayor running a city. In a city council all members are equal, except that one of them acts as mayor for a given period then it goes to another council member. So anyone who is a Genovese caporegime (maybe even acting caporegimes) or above sits on the council if he agrees to. It also means that there's no single guy making the decisions, but there might be a guy who has the final word only because he has the most respect and a lot of experience (first among equals, we might say). Even then, he would rarely need to give that final word. At any rate, in this structure there are several acting bosses at the same time.

That's the best I've ever seen it put to paper. That's how they operate. And they've used this tactic in the past. Like I said in my previous post, QD didn't "invent" the panel.

There may be a "first among equals," if you will. But calling him "The Boss" would only be semantics, or for egotistical purposes. And one thing that family DESPISES is egotism.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 04:03 AM

Nice posts IvyLeague, PizzaBoy and Faithful1.

Good lord, can you imagine what this thread would be like if you three weren't around?

IvyLeague deserves a medal for that "people need to quit" comment.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 04:10 AM

QD is a GENIUS.

The guy is 90 percent retired, so please give the guy a break. His family has been through enough. Besides, he didn't "invent" the rotating panel. The Westside has used it on and off for years.

And just for the record, Little Larry is done, too. Let these guys live out their days without any grief. But welcome to the boards. You seem like a nice--if a bit too curious--guy.

I'm not LE, but yes I am a very curious guy. Before I found this forum it was just Wikipedia and Jerry's column for me smile

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Ivan
Nice posts IvyLeague, PizzaBoy and Faithful1.

You don't call, you don't write. And God only knows how to find you the way you move around like a Gypsy.

Just please tell me that you haven't fallen in with the Hipsters. I've had a rough year. I don't think I could bear the idea of you with a skullcap and an unkempt beard skateboarding over the Brooklyn Bridge. I'd seriously consider ending it all****.

**** For you, not for me. I'd toss you off the bridge. But it would be out of love. A mercy killing of sorts.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 04:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Faithful1

That's the best I've ever seen it put to paper. That's how they operate. And they've used this tactic in the past. Like I said in my previous post, QD didn't "invent" the panel.

There may be a "first among equals," if you will. But calling him "The Boss" would only be semantics, or for egotistical purposes. And one thing that family DESPISES is egotism.

So the Genovese leadership has become like a small "Commission" by itself and the role of the alleged boss is like the chairman of the national Commission in the 30s-80s? (nominally the n.1, but in name only and more like a symbol)
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 05:24 AM

You don't call, you don't write. And God only knows how to find you the way you move around like a Gypsy.

Oh I'm still around, I'm on the other boards every day. I don't do much with this one anymore though.

I actually haven't moved in 17 months! Vegas is working out pretty nicely for me. I'm gonna hang out with Scott Burnstein at some 40th-anniversary-of-the-Hoffa-hit event this Wednesday.

Quote:
Just please tell me that you haven't fallen in with the Hipsters. I've had a rough year. I don't think I could bear the idea of you with a skullcap and an unkempt beard skateboarding over the Brooklyn Bridge. I'd seriously consider ending it all****.

**** For you, not for me. I'd toss you off the bridge. But it would be out of love. A mercy killing of sorts.

I don't think you need to worry about that. Even if I wanted to, that kind of people hate me instinctively, so they wouldn't let me into the club. But if it DOES happen, I'm telling you right now that I want you to kill me. grin

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 06:42 AM

I doubt Cirillo taking over was the first time the family used some kind of a ruling panel but, according to prosecutors, he did establish one after he took over.

It seems to me that the ruling panel makes major decisions and sets overall policy. However, as we've seen, there has been a succession of acting bosses (all from the ruling panel, most from what is known as the old 116th St/East Harlem-Bronx crew) over the same time frame. I can only guess that the acting boss is the guy who oversees things day to day.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 07:05 AM

They have been using ruling panels and front bosses since Benny squint

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 07:20 AM

They have been using ruling panels and front bosses since Benny squint

Spot-on, Dom.

The post-Genovese/pre-Gigante era (basically the late 60's through the early'80s) really laid the foundation for the formula that they're using today. Faithful1 made a GREAT analogy, in case you missed it.

However, those in-between years belonged to Gigante. His word was final. One of the few guys he gave leeway to was Bobby Manna, and it didn't work out too well for him. Not that I believe for one minute that Manna was going off the reservation.

If Vince truly didn't know, Manna would have been dead before his trial. But it's fair to say that Vince gave him free reign in Jersey. They were very close.
Posted By: Jimmythepen

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 04:09 PM

For me, speculating a little bit is harmless. As long as that's all it is, then it's fair enough. I mean it's a discussion forum, it'll happen. But when it goes past a few words or a couple of sentences then there needs to be a line in the sand. "I think X is the boss because of yada yada yada." OK, fair enough, that's your opinion and leave it at that. Others in the know will know you are wrong, or others may just think you are, but going on and on and on and trying to goad people and then causing friction with some of the posters who make this board what it is just pisses me off.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 05:57 PM

^ well said brother I couldn't agree with you more.

The thing about the genovese family is only the skippers and trusted soldiers are even exposed to upper echelon politics. Even then, information from a soldier or captain is one sided. As an example, take when the springfield crew killed their boss and then half of the crew flipped, artie nigro was said to have been the acting boss and given the ok. BUT who really thinks artie alone decided to green light a captain??? More likely he probably met with a handful of guys and discussed it. Even guys in the life aren't privy to everything. Speculation and questions are what makes this board interesting! I try and share any info i have unless its someone i know really well. and to be honest the guys i know personally aren't anywhere close to being interesting lol
Posted By: Homers77

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 07:19 PM

I have a question regarding the rotating panel and acting boss...

Is the rotating panel a front for the acting boss? Or is the acting boss more of a front for the panel?

Also who has final say? If the acting boss wanted to do business with abc company but the ruling panel thought it was a bad idea what would happen?

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Homers77
I have a question regarding the rotating panel and acting boss...

Is the rotating panel a front for the acting boss? Or is the acting boss more of a front for the panel?

Also who has final say? If the acting boss wanted to do business with abc company but the ruling panel thought it was a bad idea what would happen?

I basically said it in my last post - seems to me the ruling panel has the final say, if it gets that far, otherwise it's the acting boss who is running things day to day. In other words, at least in the case of the Genovese family, the acting boss is carrying out the interests of the panel.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/20/15 09:39 PM

this is what felix trangese said about nigro during the bruno murder trial. soldier emilio fusco has his presentencing report for his senttencing for laonsharking. in it bruno said to fbi agent i didnt make him but basicaly confirmed fusco was a made guy. gets the ball rolling. fusco cant leave the state cause of his bail so trangese brings the paperwork to a bronx steakhouse where he meets nigro. artie tells him to go over to a table of made guys. shows them the paper work. artie tells felix go outside, comes out and tells felix to tell anthony kill bruno. tells felix to have nothing to do with it. cover your trails. felix didnt know any of the men at the table but they must have voted on brunos life. wish it came out who made felix. he said he was inducted in a house in springfield in august 1982 so im guesing manna or fat tony was up there. 2 half hour ride.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/21/15 04:54 AM

this is what felix trangese said about nigro during the bruno murder trial. soldier emilio fusco has his presentencing report for his senttencing for laonsharking. in it bruno said to fbi agent i didnt make him but basicaly confirmed fusco was a made guy. gets the ball rolling. fusco cant leave the state cause of his bail so trangese brings the paperwork to a bronx steakhouse where he meets nigro. artie tells him to go over to a table of made guys. shows them the paper work. artie tells felix go outside, comes out and tells felix to tell anthony kill bruno. tells felix to have nothing to do with it. cover your trails. felix didnt know any of the men at the table but they must have voted on brunos life. wish it came out who made felix. he said he was inducted in a house in springfield in august 1982 so im guesing manna or fat tony was up there. 2 half hour ride.

In my opinion Felix was just a weak ass fool to begin with....they should of killed him.

The whole Genovese Springfield crew were weak and rolled on Artie.
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/21/15 05:21 AM

There were a few weak links but the Geas brothers were for real and so was Fusco. AA was always a piece of garbage.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/21/15 05:26 AM

I'm pretty sure the hole that Westerman was buried in was dug for Felix on orders from Bruno. Obviously there was a change in plans. I'm wondering if one of the Scibelli brothers made Felix.
Posted By: downtown

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/21/15 05:54 PM

Late 60's / early 70's at 208 Thompson st. in Greenwich Village Tommy Ryan Eboli had his club and it was named "The Panel Club". Chin's Club was at 208 Sullivan st. Just around the corner.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/21/15 11:39 PM

Artie had some Bronx guy working for him and the feds the whole time that's why Anthony flipped so quick. Guys name was john bolonga was fed inclement going way back. The Springfield field crew had nice rackets Bruno died cause be wasn't sharing the paperwork was just a little push. 10k amounth from 2 strip clubs all the book western mass and most of ct. Nigro then had Felix beaten and shelved. Not much non about nigro but him 1 year as acting boss might have been the worst of any of the top guys and he's doing life plus the papers had his kid front page busted for kidy porn.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/22/15 12:39 AM

I think AA flipped due to facing life. I think he was ok doing a couple years here and there but "from now on", I doubt it. Him and the brothers beat an extortion case while all 3 were in jail a year or so before the Bruno trial.
Posted By: tt120

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/23/15 10:29 PM

when Tuzzo was busted I was surprised that he wasn't listed by LE as an admin or ruling capo panel member. not to say maybe he wasnt at one point in time. just seems like he was the type of guy with enough juice and experience to be high up there.

all the usual suspects... mario gigante, dentico, barbato, cirillo.. they had their time. some good lifelong runs those guys had. but its gotta be obvious that these guys arent active. shit, they were considered old as hell when they were mentioned in the admin conversations 10-15 years ago.

one thing ive wondered is if they ever made thomas cafaro? afaik he has been an active associate for a long time.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/23/15 10:31 PM

Springfield crew still around?

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/23/15 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: tt120
one thing ive wondered is if they ever made thomas cafaro? afaik he has been an active associate for a long time.

No, Tommy isn't made and he never will be. But there are no hard feeling there, either. I can tell you with absolute certainty that Barney loves him. He's stayed tight with everyone in that crew.

Re: Genovese family administration - 06/23/15 11:04 PM

Pretty sure the Springfield crew is done unless NY sent some guys up here to pick up the pieces.

Re: Genovese family administration - 07/05/15 11:04 PM

Why do three of the other families use the standard: Boss/Underboss/Consigliere model while the Genoveses have a rotating panel as an administration?

The Luccheses are a little different with their leadership model.
Steve Crea heads the Luccheses but apparently is only involved in legitimate construction activities and probably allows the top lucchese guys free reign.
Posted By: yigido

Re: Genovese family administration - 07/05/15 11:56 PM

Why do three of the other families use the standard: Boss/Underboss/Consigliere model while the Genoveses have a rotating panel as an administration?

It has been said before here that it is done against LE. And good question, Why don't the other families do the same?
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Genovese family administration - 07/06/15 12:41 AM

I never commented on this site, but I grew up with Angelo pontes nephews. They own all American recycling , filli Ponte on debrosses street n the west side hwy , barelis in secaucus,nj and a large part of lower Manhattan property. He ain't made but they're heavy in the life. His nEphs were spoiled kids as expected and ain't close to the life. I fucked w the pernas since 04.... So I can speak on this . I dunno shit bout the Genovese hierarchy but I can tell u Ang ain't no boss or have a button. But he got power.

Re: Genovese family administration - 07/06/15 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: yigido

It has been said before here that it is done against LE. And good question, Why don't the other families do the same?

Yes I know that, I worded my post wrong.

I'm more interested in why the other families don't use the same leadership model.

Just another personal theory of mine...
I believe the Genoveses use the rotating panel mainly to avoid LE going after one boss, BUT not necessarily the only reason.

Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Genovese family administration - 07/08/15 03:51 AM

Genovese use that rotating panel has help them survive. The administration of that family is up in the air, but the power in that family is in Manhattan. I don't believe that NJ crap.

Re: Genovese family administration - 07/08/15 03:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Genovese use that rotating panel has help them survive. The administration of that family is up in the air, but the power in that family is in Manhattan. I don't believe that NJ crap.

If you're referring to the old 116th Street crew, you're correct. But that crew is firmly entrenched in the Bronx and Westchester today. And so is the power base.

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/07/15 11:05 PM

go to mass live they released some federal paper work on one of the rats who put away artie nigro saying this guy was whitey bulger. good reading shows the landscape of the top genovese guys down in teh bronx and the strings they pulled all the way up in mass. bascally nigro was up to capo for that guy ernie mus when he went to jail, pat deluca quie dom c and dan leo was the forces in 2003

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/07/15 11:06 PM

he trying to get he case fliped he didnt order the bruno murder.

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/07/15 11:26 PM

Can u post a link Pmac?

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/07/15 11:57 PM

I got you Sonny.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/12/inside_the_mob_fresh_appeals_i.html

About this series: Adolfo Bruno's 2003 murder has been thoroughly vetted in the courts and news reports over the past 12 years, but new light has been shed on the case and the workings of the Springfield mob with a treasure trove of new information.

Two of the eight convicted defendants – former West Springfield mob enforcer Fotios "Freddy" Geas, and onetime acting Genovese Mafia boss Arthur "Artie" Nigro, of Bronx, NY, – have filed fresh motions asking a judge in U.S. District Court in Manhattan to vacate their life sentences. Among the court filings related to those appeals, new details about government witnesses have emerged, including New York's John Bologna and local strip club magnate James Santaniello. Also, retired FBI Agent Clifford Hedges, was prompted to speak out about his controversial report on Bruno that has been billed as the final trigger that sent the Bruno murder conspiracy in motion.

SPRINGFIELD — It's been a dozen years since this city was roiled by a Mafia-fueled crime spree that peaked with the 2003 murders of crime boss Adolfo "Big Al" Bruno and low-level associate Gary Westerman.

Bruno was killed "cowboy style" in a downtown parking lot by a paid gunman bent on revenge, at the behest of scheming gangsters intent on a power play. Westerman was shot, smashed in the head with a shovel and dumped in a ditch in Agawam by fellow criminals he believed were his allies.

It's been four years since three men were tried, convicted and sentenced to life in prison for their respective roles in one or both killings. Onetime acting Genovese crime family boss Arthur "Artie" Nigro, formerly of Bronx, NY, and West Springfield brothers Fotios "Freddy" and Ty Geas stood trial in U.S. District Court in New York City in 2011. They were found guilty by a jury of a host of crimes including murder, racketeering and extortion.

The government made its case with three of the defendants' co-conspirators. They included two "made guys" in the Genovese-afilliated Springfield Crew plus one "crash dummy" from Westfield who carried out violent crimes for them. Nigro was pulling the strings in New York and gave the green-light for Bruno's murder, witnesses said.

The multi-state prosecution decimated Greater Springfield's organized crime terrain and temporarily jammed a lid on its trappings: extortion, widespread sports-betting and a general bully culture.

But all the years that have passed and law enforcement manpower aside, the case is still, in theory, a live issue. Freddy Geas filed a motion to vacate his sentence in May, arguing his defense had been hampered by ineffective counsel and that he had been robbed of a plea deal, among other things. His motion was rudimentary and boilerplate, clearly written by the hand of a penniless inmate serving a life sentence in a high-security prison in West Virginia with the possible assist of jailhouse lawyers.

Nigro's motion, on the other hand, was persuasively written and carefully prepared by prominent Wall Street lawyer Ruth Liebesman. It was filed in June. It offers a list of exhibits that provides a rare glimpse into law enforcement's handling of informants: namely John Bologna, a mid-level New York gangster who bounced between crime families while an informant for the FBI; and James Santaniello, Springfield's version of Howard Hughes - wealthy, stealthy and somewhat reclusive, also a law enforcement mole.

Obtained by The Republican, the material will be highlighted over four stories.

Liebesman's motion argues that despite having three attorneys at trial, Nigro received a woefully inadequate defense. According to Nigro, wily federal prosecutors dumped thousands of pages of witness testimony "on the eve of trial" with hidden gems of exculpatory evidence inside, which were all but unmanageable given the timeline.

Buried in this information are previously undisclosed details about Santaniello's business holdings, his coziness with authorities - plus Bologna's longtime deception straddling the mob world and his partnership with the Feds.

The onetime Bronx boss argues that his trial counsel fell short, first, by failing to make more hay with the cross-examination of Bologna, Nigro's former right hand who was secretly working as an FBI informant since 1996 while committing all the crimes gangsters cling to. It took 14 years for the Feds to disavow him, and, only after his role in the Bruno murder conspiracy came to light through other witnesses.

"Bologna was the FBI's New York office's answer to Whitey Bulger, the crime lord who committed and ordered numerous murders and acts of violence while an FBI informant in Boston over a period of many years," Liebesman's motion reads.

"Bologna was the FBI's New York office's answer to Whitey Bulger ..." ~ Attorney Ruth Liebesman
James "Whitey" Bulger, is serving a life sentence for 19 murders he committed while heading up Boston's Irish Mob crew, the Winter Hill Gang. Bulger committed crimes unchecked while acting as an informant for the FBI and feeding federal authorities information on his rivals in the Italian Mafia.

His former handler, John Connolly, also a childhood friend, is serving a 40-year prison sentence in connection with his ties to Bulger and the Winter Hill Gang. Connolly was in 1999 convicted of tipping Bulger to pending investigations and indictments, which prompted Bulger to flee Boston in 1994. Bulger remained in hiding at the top of the FBI's Most Wanted list until 2011, when he and his girlfriend were captured in California.

There have been no accusations that the FBI in New York knew about Bologna's specific criminal dealings in Western Massachusetts. An agent testified at Nigro's trial that Bologna simply hid things and lied to the agency during dozens of briefings. However, previous reports law enforcement indicate Bologna was tipped to an investigation into Mafia figures in Greater Springfield, where he had been regularly visiting in 2002, and abruptly stopped traveling here.

Liebesman argues in her motion that Bologna was the one who ordered the hit on Bruno - not Nigro - and orchestrated a myriad of extortion schemes in Springfield after Bruno was appointed boss of the city.

Another player she highlighted to bolster Nigro's case was Santianiello, local czar of strip clubs and nightlife, with extensive business holdings in his family members' names. He inked a murky deal with federal law enforcement authorities in 2010 - with unspecified benefits.

All the while, Santaniello steadied one foot in the underworld, kept a dizzying number of ventures afloat and somehow managed to avoid criminal prosecution since the mid-1980s, according to records. Among the downsides: Santaniello found himself a perennial feed box for several mob regimes. He paid up to thousands of dollars per week in shakedown money to organized crime figures, occasionally being forced to jockey between competing bosses, court records show.

Santaniello was cited as a victim of extortion in two trials: the prosecution of Nigro and the Geases plus a subsequent 2012 trial of Emilio Fusco, a co-conspirator who fled to his native Italy and delayed his own proceeding. Fusco was acquitted of the Bruno and Westerman murders but convicted of racketeering, extortion and other crimes and sentenced to 25 years in prison.

Throughout Santaniello's prolific history lesson of local mob feuds, deals and transitions, hand-written notes by the FBI show - he had little or nothing to say about Nigro.

"As law enforcement was well aware - at least in Massachusetts - Santaniello was Bologna's victim. He had nothing to say about Arthur Nigro," his lawyer wrote.

Tomorrow, a summary of last-ditch motions by Fotios Geas and Nigro to set aside their sentences and the government's response.

Below, read a portion of an FBI report on statements Bologna made to his handler and important details he withheld, including criminal conspiracies in which he was involved.

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/08/15 12:14 AM

If you pair this up with the buster ardito recordings you can find on here somewhere you get a look into there lower structure down the Bronx and all there politics. I kind got the sense Mario gigante had maybe the final say around 2002 03. Buster had control of mass and ct before al Bruno was upd to capo in 03. This guy big john bolgna was giving the feds alot of info. Wonder who the guy rooster from Boston was? We're it says pat deluca going up there and there inducted 7 guys 2 from Boston ect. The 1 guy Tony volpe was Hartford guy he died recently or a few back. Deluca was close to Bruno. They had a beef over a strip club with baby shacks. Dam he had strip clubs giving him money all over.

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/08/15 04:48 AM

What's interesting is it says Nigro and DeLuca were captains of different crews. I always thought they were in the same one. The report also says Muscarella had been on the ruling committee with Danny Leo and Dom Cirillo before Muscarella went to prison.

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/08/15 02:37 PM

I like how Bologna read gangland.

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/08/15 09:49 PM

Thanks MH. Appreciated mate.

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/08/15 10:06 PM

seems the westside was a volatile after chin was indicted for the second time 2002. also from that capo angelo priscos take around 03 04 who should be boss and when leo called him and he didnt know why he might get whacked or some money. al bruno was killed that guy from the docks ricci was trunked. these guys were cut throat. wonder where that guy tino was around this time. they knew chin wasnt coming home. and today 10 yrs later that guy ernie still alive so is barney b leo and maybe that guy scop deluca realy old but that hasnt stop these guys before. prisco and nigro doing life. mario gignate still alive maybe probaly 100. and this was when joe massino was the so called last don. well he got picked off january 03.

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/09/15 01:04 AM

Anyone know current status of Scop DeLuca?

Any other info on the guy appreciated (history etc)
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/09/15 01:34 AM

Scop was arrested in the Falcone case for running an illegal gambling operation in the Bronx in 2005 Then again in 2006 along with Nigro when he was charged with participating in an extortion of the owner and operator of a piece of commercial rental property.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/09/15 01:41 AM

BOP has him released in 12/11/2012 and he was 84.

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/10/15 12:55 AM

so that reporter over masslive put out another littler article. ive seen the queston asked is there any guys left out in springfield i guess theres that guy manzi. it says he sponcerd fusco in 2001.

Re: Genovese family administration - 12/10/15 02:05 AM

Thanks Bean smile

Re: Genovese family administration - 01/21/16 08:07 AM

Barney hasn't been the same since his wife died. He's reigned it in A LOT. Ernie turned over almost everything to the kid. And QD is DONE except for some trucking interests and an old shy book in Jersey.

Welcome to the board, though smile.

Where are you pizzaboy?

You haven't posted in 7 weeks???

Does anyone know why pizzaboy isn't posting?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET