Home

Charles Carniglia

Posted By: British

Charles Carniglia - 06/16/15 10:09 PM

Have to feel for guys like him, 100% Cosa nostra and seems to have been forgotten since he went down

No doubt a fact of the life, but never any mention, was he not a well respected guy?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/16/15 10:28 PM

There's a book wrote on him its a great read there's a little about john Jr and alite. This is before them to put out books making them look good. Charles did a lot of fuck up shit he should have been killed for. Killing the court officer then he killed a bonanno members kid last name puma. On an on. With o didn't give the book away. The author sat threw his whole trial all the bum rats getting out of life sentences. Think 4 or 5 killers went against him and got there golden tickets. Could you imagine if the d.a. gave black gang killers in NYC these get out of jail tickets. It break all the gangs in NYC.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/16/15 10:40 PM

charles is a true tough guy no question, doing life without a peep, but cosa nostra he was not..drug addict and heavy drinker.broke almost every rule, but those brothers were as tough as any brothers in history.. they were gottis strength
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/16/15 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
There's a book wrote on him its a great read there's a little about john Jr and alite. This is before them to put out books making them look good. Charles did a lot of fuck up shit he should have been killed for. Killing the court officer then he killed a bonanno members kid last name puma. On an on. With o didn't give the book away. The author sat threw his whole trial all the bum rats getting out of life sentences. Think 4 or 5 killers went against him and got there golden tickets. Could you imagine if the d.a. gave black gang killers in NYC these get out of jail tickets. It break all the gangs in NYC.

Right on Pmac, white America would never stand for it..
But anything to put the Italians away...

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/16/15 10:45 PM

He was a drug guy and car thief for the Gambino's before Gotti was boss right ?

And the is the brother ever getting out alive ?

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 12:05 AM

john will be out in about 3 years

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: bronx
john will be out in about 3 years

I guess he will be welcome . He did his time plus" he was not aloud to plea" out if what I just read is right ..

Dam whey would Gotti want his guys to do a extra 15 years , you would think that would send most over to team FEDS !
Posted By: pmac

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 12:13 AM

Books mob killer by Anthony d. Great book you can get it cheap used. Only soft cover I was thinking Greg Smith a good mob author. Ya he was a real killer and gotti loved them guys. But he didn't want anything to do with the lcn in his last years on the street I believe his withdrawal defense what captain was he working for. He was a street guy happy to be put on the shelf but that doesn't make him a bitch or a pushover. The feds had to make it sound like he was still active in the gambino family till the last day when its probably his brothers wishes. You take however was boss in 08 and ask them they probably say he was retired. And from the witnesses he loved drugs. Cool picture of him in the book dressed Sharpe at the guy from goodfellas wedding. Joe pesci guy.

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 12:28 AM

good point he ruined those guys

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 12:29 AM

anthony destefano is a very good writer , he has a new book coming out in about two weeks
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: British
Have to feel for guys like him, 100% Cosa nostra and seems to have been forgotten since he went down

No doubt a fact of the life, but never any mention, was he not a well respected guy?

What are you, nuts? The guy was as tough as nails. But he was as crazy as a shithouse rat. Feel for him? LOL. 100 percent cosa nostra? Try one percent, and that's only because of his brother.

Without Johnny Carneglia, Charlie's dead before the '80s.

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 01:46 AM

anthony destepano is a very good writer , he has a new book coming out in about two weeks

Great writer at times. The Massino book is a top ten true crime book of all time, Mafia or otherwise. But he really blew the book about Vinny, especially the way he misrepresented Throggs Neck. Vinny NEVER strutted Tremont the way Gotti strutted 101st. EVER.

Plus, DeStefano acted like Vinny was the only heavyweight in the neighborhood, like QD and Ernie didn't live just on the other side of the Throggs Neck Expressway, not to mention that Prisco was such a powerhouse here and in the Square. And I like Vinny. A lot. But that "Lord or the Manor" shit by DeStefano really pissed me off.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 02:13 AM

[quote=British]Have to feel for guys like him, 100% Cosa nostra....

Charlie? No way.

His brother , yes, 100%
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 02:19 AM

anthony destepano is a very good writer , he has a new book coming out in about two weeks

What book is that please B?

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Dam whey would Gotti want his guys to do a extra 15 years , you would think that would send most over to team FEDS !

Serp, you should know better.

There is a VERY REAL reason Guys Like Carneglia/Jimmy Ida/Benny Eggs etc etc got shafted with LONG sentences without taking a plea. To take a plea often/all times (?) you had to admit LCN, whats it called? elocution? Or something.
And Gotti and the Gotti family, say what you want are OLD SCHOOL LCN.
Admitting to the existence or being a member of LCN is tantamount to being a rat to these guys.
These guys came from a day and an age where you DONT do that.
So spare us the faux surprise that guys were instructed to not take the plea.

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 03:03 AM

lol. he can learn also,,the writers are as good as their sources..he has a new one coming out, ill get the name and subject matter of the book tomorrow.

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 03:03 AM

agree
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 03:13 AM

he has a new one coming out, ill get the name and subject matter of the book tomorrow.

Thanks Bronx. Appreciated.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: British

Are you kidding me. You feel sorry for a socipathic killer. See the problem is that unfortunetly some people on here look up to these scumbags which is insane. Look mob history interests me BUT these mobsters are BAD GUYS that give us italian americans a bad name

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 03:37 AM

sonny..the book is called..gangland new york.. has about 100 photos, starts circa 1850's to now ,talks about all criminal groups, faces and places ..talks about daquila , morello's.. era

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Gotti ordered Tony Megale to go to trial in '89, the same year Genie and Carnegs got thirty years. Megale took the plea anyway, and the judge wouldn't let him rescind it because he felt it was coerced. Gotti went berserk. I know this for an absolute fact. Braciole's nephew, rest in peace, was like a big brother to me, and he was there.

By the time Tony came home, Gotti was at Marion, but his minions still had the power. This was around '95. Nothing happened. A few years later, Gotti was dead and Tony was UB for a spell. It's an extremlely unpredictable life.

And let's not forget that, even though there was no admittance to LCN, the plea that Roy Cohn got them in the McBratney murder was obscene.

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 03:49 AM

also the plea deals are said with others not cosa nostra..the bonano guys al walker et al took pleas in the late 80's and admitted being a member and caught hell over it.

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 03:53 AM

cabaret went to trial and got hammered also, but danny m watts jimmy brown et al copped out, gambino bros. copped out ..plenty of guys copped pleas.. gotti had his close guys lose at trial..pete took two trials and lost both..sonny ciccone lost with the garbage man..

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 03:54 AM

tony morrelli was close to gotti went to trial got hammered

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 04:04 AM

sonny ciccone lost with the garbage man..

Poor Sonny. He has people in the Bronx (and I mean blood family). Huge real estate owners. They own the only apartment corporation bigger than the big Albanian outfit.

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 04:18 AM

he is your paesane..i did not know he had any hook ups in the bx..see i just learned something..
Posted By: BKLYN2NASSAU

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 06:17 AM

he is your paesane..i did not know he had any hook ups in the bx..see i just learned something..

Bronx to me pound for pound your the best poster on these boards. Your the Floyd "money" " mayweather" of gangster bulletin board. I'm going to strategize my posting to emulate your timely insights .i want to build my brand on here .one saying I defiantly believe in is " your only as smart as the people you keep around you" I really hope one day you'll. consider me a friend . Perhaps even letting me buy you a drink if that situation ever presented Itself. Keep the good work up paisan.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 06:57 AM

he has a new one coming out, ill get the name and subject matter of the book tomorrow.

Thanks Bronx. Appreciated.
the places and faces of mob history , gangland New York is the books title
Posted By: British

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 07:05 AM

Never knew he was a drunk etc, never meant I felt sorry for him, more that he did a lot of killing that others would not go near

But I never hear that much about him, just an interesting subject guys

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 10:48 AM

What book is that please B?

Originally Posted By: Serpiente

Serp, you should know better.

There is a VERY REAL reason Guys Like Carneglia/Jimmy Ida/Benny Eggs etc etc got shafted with LONG sentences without taking a plea. To take a plea often/all times (?) you had to admit LCN, whats it called? elocution? Or something.
And Gotti and the Gotti family, say what you want are OLD SCHOOL LCN.
Admitting to the existence or being a member of LCN is tantamount to being a rat to these guys.
These guys came from a day and an age where you DONT do that.
. I get that Sonny , I thought that they were taking plea,s when that case came to trial . So you are saying that no one from any other families were taking a plea at this time ? Or are you saying just the Gambino family ?

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 12:14 PM

thank you.. in my opinion, the best way to a friendship, marriage, worthy adversary starts and stops with respect,, i was brought up with that mentality, does not mean you have to agree with someone all the time. respect their position. if they respect yours. i taught my sons this growing up, if someone does not have the knowledge of a subject it does not make them stupid , but at times people say their stupid.. some people have a great area of knowledge and frown on others that do not, now that is an ignorant person.. we are here on keyboards, if i see someone is talking down, i don't respond, next subject. if you need any info i can help just ask.. hey massapequa, jr gotti lived there for awhile.. whats the name of that diner on merrick going east
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 12:16 PM

Fucker looks like Charles Manson lol

This pic of Charles, JoJo and Cali always cracks me up for some reason, who's sitting behind Cali?

Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 01:19 PM

I always thought the guy behind Cali was Dom Cefalù
Posted By: BKLYN2NASSAU

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 01:29 PM

Bronx do u mean all American it's more of a burger place than a diner it's in merrick ave
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 02:37 PM

Ok. What was John caning actually sentenced to. ??? I have read in several places that he got 50 years and someone here said 30. Which is it ?
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 02:56 PM

I believe he was indicted and convicted in the same drug case as Gene Gotti.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87

Yeah, sure looks like him
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Charles Carniglia - 06/17/15 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87

Yeah, sure looks like him
it's defo cefalu