Home

State of the KC family

Posted By: joey_dice

State of the KC family - 06/11/15 11:52 AM

Kansas City does not operate as a viable family per any definition. They operate as a loosely coordinated crew with their interests remaining in gambling, book, fencing, adult clubs and drugs. While there is a hierarchy (boss and underboss) it is mostly ceremonial with the boss mostly retired or inactive.

The "boss"

John Scritino

"underboss"

Pete Simone

There are no capos as there is really only one crew remaining. There are 16 (+/- 2) made guys left alive. Of those 5 are in prison.

The members who are still very much respected and operating are

Vince Civella
William Cammisano JR
Jerry Cammisano
Pete Simone

These guys are the experience and provide guidance for the rest.

Contrary to a post by Stern 48 there has not been any meeting recorded by the FBI, CIA or PTA that recorded the family closing shop. This was a figment of Stern's imaginiation as one of the supposed attendees was still in prison at the time of the alledged meeting. No rather time and attrition are the reason for the demise of the family. Of the remaining members not in prison the following are retired.

Joe Ragusa
Paul Varsalona
Nate Brancato

If you have any questions just ask .
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: State of the KC family - 06/11/15 03:24 PM

While I would be surprised if Kansas City had 16 members left, I'm interested to see your list of who they are.

Unfortunately, we haven't gotten even a blurb from LE or an OC expert about how many members there are in quite some time. The only thing I can think of is the over-a-decade-old article for KC over on the AmericanMafia website that cites "20-30 made members." Even back then that estimate struck me as rather high. But even if it wasn't, I count over 20 members or possible members who have died since then.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/11/15 07:58 PM

Yes and you got those listed names from who, oh yeah me. We can argue this for ever Wiseguy, I stated the last time we went through this that there were 23 made members left and gave you the list. Now subtracting the number that have died since I gave you the last list the number is now 16 +/- 2. The FBI has never released a report indicating the size of the family. At their largest they were said to have had 40 or so members.

John Scritino
Pete Simone
Willie Cammisano Jr.
James Moretina
John Calia
Paul Varsalona
Vince Civella
Jerry Cammisano
Vince Piscotta
Pete Ribasti
Joe Ragusa
Paul Silvio
Nick Labruzzo
John Mandacina
Angelo Porrello
Joe Porrello
Anthony Simone

There are few others but I am not sure of their standing so they are not listed

Nate Brancato
John Glorioso
John Cuezze

Not all of those named are active, some are in prison, some very retired. As I stated there is not really a family operating the boss and underboss position is ceremonial, done more for respect.
Posted By: miklo

Re: State of the KC family - 06/11/15 08:35 PM

which members are incarcerated?
Posted By: British

Re: State of the KC family - 06/11/15 09:30 PM

Are there no young guys of Italian decent they could make in KC then?
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 12:28 AM

Cammisano's kid goes with that Michael Sam kid, the gay football player. Must be hugely proud of that
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 02:27 AM

Thank you Joey Dice, I heard Johnny Joe is semi active and serves more as an advisor to those that still operate in the city, and does meet with a few members of other families. Peter Simone is the one that supposedly runs the city KC.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 03:24 AM

Angelo Porello
Joe Porrello
John Mandacina
John Calia
Vincent Piscotta

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 03:27 AM

If Willie was alive, this would have never happened, as it is, Jerry has accepted his son's choices, but he was not at all thrilled with the way they carried on draft night.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 03:32 AM

Neither one is particularly active, but Pete is definatey the most visible. But their really is not very much to lead anymore and as I said before, their titles were simply a way of showing respect and are more memories and ceremony than being the actual boss of much. Pete's wife, Karla, passed away last week, so who knows what will be up with him.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 04:14 AM

Guys - it's okay to be a gay man. Its 2015. Let people live how they want to live.
Posted By: dave213

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 04:19 AM

I'm more interested in KC organized crime in general than these silly arguments about who is an inducted member or not. What kind of rackets are going on in KC these days?
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 04:38 AM

From what I've heard, and I'm just repeating things, is that there really is no formalized structure whatsoever. Some guys may be running shy and gambling but that is basically it.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 04:52 AM

Mostly gambling and a bit of loansharking that goes with it. They likely deal in prescription drugs and some weed too. I was in KC for two months for work back in 2012. I went to the north side. Little Italy is now one block. There's two Italian restaurants and one deli and grocery.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 01:58 PM

I am not sure how I can phrase this, the boss and underboss position is in name only, there are no capos there is no viable structure. Is there someone they call the boss and underboss yes, but it is done just for respect. They don't "boss" over anyone.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 02:03 PM

If you don't mind me asking, who told you that was the Italian dstrict, you were in the old little Italy, it was known as Columbas park, it is no longer an Italian district. The Italians moved out of there 15 years ago for the most part. The Deli Lasallas sold out last year and closed, you have Garrozo's and the Caddy Shack. The Shack is mobbed up owned by Joe Moretia. If you cross under the viaduct into the City Market there are a couple of other mob connected shops, Cascone's and 105 W 3rd. But other than that this place has been taken over by Asians and preppy white's.

The new little Italy is in north Kansas City up in Clay county. That's were the Italians moved. North Oak to Choutou, Vivian road to Barry. For the most part that's where connected businesses moved. As well as where most of the guys moved to.

Next time your in town let me know and I can direct you to some of the connected shops, resurants and places that are historically significant.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 02:10 PM

Gambling, loan Sharking, Fencing, X distribution, they don't mess with weed, at least not any weight, you might have the odd dealer or two, the Mexican cartels have moved into the old Northeast and have taken over that market. They move X through the adult clubs and the night clubs they own, Club Luna, Empire room and the place on admiral, can't remember the name. Marcus Arnone partner in these clubs with Joe Pete Simone just bougt a 5 year visit to the big house for X dist.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 02:34 PM

I never said it wasn't, but that does not change the fact the Wille Sr. would have killed Sams if he were still alive. Nor does it change the fact the Jerry Cammisano was upset by the way the two acted on draft night, he thought it was an embarrassment, not that they were gay but because they were acting in a classless manner.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: joey_dice
Yes and you got those listed names from who, oh yeah me. We can argue this for ever Wiseguy, I stated the last time we went through this that there were 23 made members left and gave you the list. Now subtracting the number that have died since I gave you the last list the number is now 16 +/- 2. The FBI has never released a report indicating the size of the family. At their largest they were said to have had 40 or so members.

For the record, you were a source for the names but not the only one. We had other people posting KC charts before you came along and, of course, there's available info on the net that identifies this guy or that guy as being made.

I'm hesitant to go into any kind of debate about KC simply because, as we've both said, the feds haven't given any kind of estimate in years. But I take that as a sign itself. One can also made a "guesstimate" by doing comparisons with the other Midwest families.
Posted By: mike89

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 08:02 PM

Do they at least pay a tribute to Simone or does everyone just pocket the cash they make? Mr Dice?

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
[quote=joey_dice]Yes and you got those listed names from who, oh yeah me. We can argue this for ever Wiseguy, I stated the last time we went through this that there were 23 made members left and gave you the list. Now subtracting the number that have died since I gave you the last list the number is now 16 +/- 2. The FBI has never released a report indicating the size of the family. At their largest they were said to have had 40 or so members.

For the record, you were a source for the names but not the only one. We had other people posting KC charts before you came along and, of course, there's available info on the net that identifies this guy or that guy as being made.

I'm hesitant to go into any kind of debate good because iam not going to debate anyone about it, you can believe it or not, I don't careabout KC simply because, as we've both said, the feds haven't given any kind of estimate in years. But I take that as a sign itself. a sign of what that they are not a viable family which is what I said in the first sentence of my original post, must have missed that in your hurry to pounce on this One can also made a "guesstimate" by doing comparisons with the other Midwest families.

[/quote

Other than Chicago and Detroit and maybe Milwakee Kansas City was the largest of the families in the Midwest.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 10:34 PM

I don't believe they do, I have no way of knowing for sure, its not like I can walk up to PJ and ask him LOL. But at this point all of what I have heard from people who would know, Its name only, a respect for the people and tradition. Not that John or Pete are not highly respected, they are, but neither need the money and neither want to be pulled into any trouble at this stage in their lives.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/12/15 10:42 PM

Joey Dice, that was some great info you provided on the rackets in KC. I had been wondering that for a while for them and some of the other smaller families who aren't really viable families but still have guys earning.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: State of the KC family - 06/13/15 01:01 AM

Yeah, Joey Dice info has always been interesting. It's not like he's making out Kansas is viable, he stated they're not, just a handful of guys book and loans.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/13/15 10:52 AM

Yer sure man no worries.....you know what you know. I waa just wondering. Some good intel there though fella.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/13/15 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: mike89
Yer sure man no worries.....you know what you know. I waa just wondering. Some good intel there though fella.

no problem ask anything you want.
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: State of the KC family - 06/13/15 11:09 PM

Ivy likes to rain on peoples parades when discussing extinct or near extinct families. Okay, we get it.

Why not leave the threads alone and let the people who are interested in discussing what is left do just that??

Good info dice.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/14/15 12:45 PM

Well said blackjack
Posted By: m2w

Re: State of the KC family - 06/14/15 04:59 PM

in italy there are mafia families with 10 made members why is it not possibile in the states? maybe kansas city family is still viable but very small that's coz there are not indictments against them

Re: State of the KC family - 06/14/15 10:42 PM

I think the interest in it is gone, many of the guys are old and others are legit and making good money, yes there are guys doing things, but not in a way you could see a RICO charge. Those that only know that life will continue to do things and in 20 years it will all be a memory when the last of them die.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/15/15 12:30 PM

Here's one for you Dice.....when did they abandon the traditional structure etc was it mid 2000's or something like that?

Re: State of the KC family - 06/15/15 02:28 PM

With the death of the old guard beginning with Tony Civella in 2006 and then Tuffy Deluna. From that point on it has really been operating with the two guys at the top and the rest of the remaining people operating in cliques. As I have said, I don't really know for sure if there is any kicking up to the top two guys, but I have been told there is not.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/15/15 02:50 PM

The oracle of KC strikes again
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: State of the KC family - 06/19/15 11:18 AM

Imprisoned Members

Joseph Porrello Fort Worth FCI Release Date: 02/15/2025
John Calia Butner Low FCIRelease Date: 09/11/2020
Vincent Pisciotta Bastrop FCI Release Date: 03/31/2030
John Mandacina Greenville FCI Release Date: LIFE

Re: State of the KC family - 06/20/15 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Imprisoned Members

Joseph Porrello Fort Worth FCI Release Date: 02/15/2025
John Calia Butner Low FCIRelease Date: 09/11/2020
Vincent Pisciotta Bastrop FCI Release Date: 03/31/2030
John Mandacina Greenville FCI Release Date: LIFE

You forgot Angelo Porrello

Re: State of the KC family - 06/20/15 10:14 AM

Sorry

ANGELO PORRELLO
Register Number: 01633-045
Race: White
Sex: Male
Located at: Fort Worth FCI
Release Date: 12/15/2022

Re: State of the KC family - 06/20/15 10:34 AM

This is a 2008 chart

Boss: Joseph Sciortino
UnderBoss: Peter Simone
(Kansas City has never had the rank of Consigliere)

Current or recent Capains include William Cammisano Jr., Vince Civella, Angelo Porrello, James Duardi.

Soldiers/Associates -

1. Peter Tamburello
2. Jack Lascuola
3. Joseph Porrello
4. Nick DiGirlamo
5. Anthony "Tony" Simone
6. Philip "Phil" Simone
7. George Chiavola
8. Joseph "Joe" Ragusa
9. James Moretina
10. John Calia/61
11. Salvatore "Sal" Mandacina died in 2012
12. Joseph "Joe" Mandacina
13. John Cuezze
14. Peter Ribaste
15. John Costanza
16. Carlo Cavallaro
17. Frank Tousa
18. Vince Picone died in 2007
19. Eugene "Gene" Picone
20. Frank Deluna
21. Benjamin "Ben" Palmentere
22. Robert Gulotta
23. Joseph Barletta
24. Nathan "Nat" Brancato
25. Thomas Fontanello
26. Phillip Saladino
27. Nicholas LaBruzzo
28. Richard "Rick" DeLuna
29. John Termini
30. John Glorioso
31. Salvatore Agrusa
32. Pasquale Sellaro
33. Samuel Scardino

4 capos 33 made men

http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.it/search/label/Kansas%20City

Civella-Vincent b.1957 capo
Moretina-James b.1950 capo

Agrusa-Salvatore b.193?- Sol
Barletta-Joseph 1961- Sol
Brancato-Nathan Nat 1966 Sol
Calia-John 1945- Sol
Cammisano-Jerry 1953 Sol
Cavallaro-Carlo 1944- Sol
Chiavola-Anthony Snr. 1948- Sol
Chiavola-George 1939- Sol
Civella-Vincent 1957 Capo
Cuezze-John 1961- Sol
DeLuna-Frank 1940- Sol
DeLuna-Richard Rick 1942- Sol
DiCapo-James* 1952- Sol
Glorioso-John 1941- Sol
Lascoula-Jack 1940- Sol
Lombardo-Michael* 2000- Sol
Mandacina-Joseph 1943 Sol
Moretina-James 1950 Capo
Palmentere-Benjamin 1949- Sol
Picone-Eugene 2000- Sol
Picone-Marc Anthony 2000- Sol
Pisciotta-Vincent 1954- Sol
Ragusa-Joseph 1940- Sol
Ribaste-Louis* 1946- Sol
Salardino-Phillip Sol
Sansone-Anthony* 1942- Sol
Sansone-Michael* 1960*- 2000- Sol
Scardino-Samuel 1966- Sol
Sciortino-Sam* 1942*- Sol
Scola-Dominic Sol
Simone-Anthony 1950- Sol
Simone-Phillip 1972- Sol
Termini-John 1939- Sol

2 capos 33 made men
Posted By: m2w

Re: State of the KC family - 06/20/15 12:35 PM

they have currently 33 made members? if so it is a viable family

Re: State of the KC family - 06/20/15 05:22 PM

I did a comparison of the two lists, while the first is accurate but don't distinguish between made men and associates, the second is not error-free as in other lists of the same site there were many errors.

We can say that the Kansas City family, making a comparison between the two lists have two captains and 22 ade men to which most in old age, so say if a family is still viable is controversial, maybe someone with moreexperience maybe Ivy can answer.

But a 20 + made men crime family for a 400.000 city can be a viable family.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/20/15 07:46 PM

This is a 2008 chart

Boss: Joseph Sciortino
UnderBoss: Peter Simone
(Kansas City has never had the rank of Consigliere)

Current or recent Capains include William Cammisano Jr., Vince Civella, Angelo Porrello,prison James Duardi.dead

Soldiers/Associates -

1. Peter Tamburello dead
2. Jack Lascuoladead
3. Joseph Porrello prison
4. Nick DiGirlamo asscociate
5. Anthony "Tony" Simone made
6. Philip "Phil" Simone dead
7. George Chiavola dead
8. Joseph "Joe" Ragusa retired
9. James Moretina
10. John Calia/61 prison
11. Salvatore "Sal" Mandacina died in 2012 dead
12. Joseph "Joe" Mandacina associate
13. John Cuezze associate
14. Peter Ribaste
15. John Costanza dead
16. Carlo Cavallaro dead
17. Frank Tousa dead
18. Vince Picone died in 2007 dead
19. Eugene "Gene" Picone retired associate
20. Frank Deluna associate
21. Benjamin "Ben" Palmentere
22. Robert Gulotta
23. Joseph Barletta associate
24. Nathan "Nat" Brancato
25. Thomas Fontanello dead since 84
26. Phillip Saladino
27. Nicholas LaBruzzo
28. Richard "Rick" DeLuna dead
29. John Termini
30. John Glorioso
31. Salvatore Agrusa dead
32. Pasquale Sellaro dead
33. Samuel Scardino dead

4 capos 33 made men

http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.it/search/label/Kansas%20City

Civella-Vincent b.1957 capo
Moretina-James b.1950 capo

Agrusa-Salvatore b.193?- dead
Barletta-Joseph 1961- associate
Brancato-Nathan Nat status unclear
Calia-John 1945- prison
Cammisano-Jerry 1953 Sol
Cavallaro-Carlo 1944- dead
Chiavola-Anthony Snr. 1948- dead
Chiavola-George 1939- dead
Civella-Vincent 1957 Capo
Cuezze-John 1961- associate
DeLuna-Frank 1940- retured associate
DeLuna-Richard Rick 1942- dead
DiCapo-James* 1952- associate
Glorioso-John 1941- status unclear
Lascoula-Jack 1940- dead
Lombardo-Michael* associate
Mandacina-Joseph associate
Moretina-James 1950
Palmentere-Benjamin 1949- Sol
Picone-Eugene 2000- retired associate
Picone-Marc Anthony associate
Pisciotta-Vincent 1954- Sol
Ragusa-Joseph 1940- Sol
Ribaste-Louis* 1946- dead
Salardino-Phillip retired associate
Sansone-Anthony* 1942- associate
Sansone-Michael* 1960*- dead
Scardino-Samuel 1966- Sol dead
Sciortino-Sam* 1942*- Sol associate
Scola-Dominic associate
Simone-Anthony 1950- Sol
Simone-Phillip 1972- dead
Termini-John 1939- associate

2 capos 33 made men

There I corrected your list. The list I started this thread is accurate believe it or not that's uo to you, but I know how wiseguys feels lol.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/20/15 07:48 PM

Guess you would know more than me LOL. Keep up the good work

Re: State of the KC family - 06/20/15 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: m2w

That chart is one of the phony ones posted on the RD forum years ago. Much like the BS ones that showed 30 members for Milwukee and 20 for St Louis. Anyone who believes these numbers is either delusional or simply ignorant. St Louis has like 2 or 3 members left. Milwaukee I'm not sure has any. Cleveland has 7 or 8 tops. Kansas City we have always seen big numbers for but I don't find them believable. It's been years - decades really - that we've seen any kind of official figure by the Feds for KC. That itself says something. And they certainly no longer consider it a viable family. You can also make a relative guess by looking at other Midwest families. Chicago, for instance, is said to have around 30 members at most and is still recognized by the Feds and has had far more activity in recent years. Yet we are supposed to believe Kansas City has as many members? No way. I'd be fairly surprised if KC is over 10 at this point. People need to start looking at the evidence and stop looking at these charts (unless they are from a handful of proven posters - we know who they are) at face value.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/21/15 03:54 AM

The truth is at the top of the page, I know some of you cant accept it but the KC family is gone, all you have left are 16 made guys to include, 5 in prison, 1 nearly 97 years old and several more old and retired. That's the cold hard truth.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/21/15 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: m2w

That chart is one of the phony ones posted on the RD forum years ago. Much like the BS ones that showed 30 members for Milwukee and 20 for St Louis. Anyone who believes these numbers is either delusional or simply ignorant. St Louis has like 2 or 3 members left. Milwaukee I'm not sure has any. Cleveland has 7 or 8 tops. Kansas City we have always seen big numbers for but I don't find them believable. It's been years - decades really - that we've seen any kind of official figure by the Feds for KC. That itself says something. And they certainly no longer consider it a viable family. You can also make a relative guess by looking at other Midwest families. Chicago, for instance, is said to have around 30 members at most and is still recognized by the Feds and has had far more activity in recent years. Yet we are supposed to believe Kansas City has as many members? No way. I'd be fairly surprised if KC is over 10 at this point. People need to start looking at the evidence and stop looking at these charts (unless they are from a handful of proven posters - we know who they are) at face value.

I am curious to know how you came up with the number 10. It has been 10 since the day I first came on the boards and we have deaths since then, 10 seems to be a magical number which has never been substantiated. Please tell me where and how you came up with that number, tell me what number you started with before subtracting the dead and tell me how you came up with that number. Now I am in no way arguing the that KC is viable which I have stated many times it is not.

By the way the feds have NEVER released any information with the total numbers for KC, not even decades ago your talking out your ass with that one.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/21/15 09:43 AM

Insn't that Vince Piscotta in nick for burning out a restuarant or something......dice.....you think the rat would of killed the gay kid.....seems a bit harsh.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/21/15 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: mike89
Insn't that Vince Piscotta in nick for burning out a restuarant or something......dice.....you think the rat would of killed the gay kid.....seems a bit harsh.

Yeah Pisciotta (made) and Sorrentino (long time associate) are both doing time for arson. Without question he would have killed him, he was from a different time and place in society. He killed Stino for breaking up with his daughter. He most certainly would have killed Sams, my opinion of course. Cammisano was harsh, I guess you would have had to live here when he was still alive, until the day he died he was feared in this city. Of course Civella and Deluna were feared, but that feared stemmed from their positions in the family. Willie was feared personally.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: State of the KC family - 06/21/15 12:13 PM

Really enjoyed this thread , thanks guys . Love reading and studying the smaller families . I also agree that if the Chicago outfit is down to 4 crews and around 35 made guys then the other mid west families r finished , in my opinion the KC mob died with the civella's

Re: State of the KC family - 06/22/15 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Really enjoyed this thread , thanks guys . Love reading and studying the smaller families . I also agree that if the Chicago outfit is down to 4 crews and around 35 made guys then the other mid west families r finished , in my opinion the KC mob died with the civella's

That's what I have been saying since the first post in this thread. I hope people disregard Furio he is still arguing that NO is still viable. However that does not change the fact that there are still 16 made men in various activities from prison, to retired, to active still around, does not make for a family though. With the number of guys in their 70's I expect that this number will take a considerable hit in the next few years. I predict that there will be as few as 8 guys left by 2020. The families decline accelerated with the death of Tony Civella in 2006 and really took a hit when Tuffy died in 2008. Johnny Joe Scritino, Pete Simone and Willie Cammisano jr. are the last of the gangster from the mold of the old school.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/22/15 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74

That's what I have been saying since the first post in this thread. I hope people disregard Furio he is still arguing that NO is still viable. However that does not change the fact that there are still 16 made men in various activities from prison, to retired, to active still around, does not make for a family though. With the number of guys in their 70's I expect that this number will take a considerable hit in the next few years. I predict that there will be as few as 8 guys left by 2020. The families decline accelerated with the death of Tony Civella in 2006 and really took a hit when Tuffy died in 2008. Johnny Joe Scritino, Pete Simone and Willie Cammisano jr. are the last of the gangster from the mold of the old school.

Joey says, if I'm wrong and you show me where I went wrong I admit my mistake.

If I counted correctly are 13 men of honor on the streets and 12 associated on the streets; yes isn't a viable family and you're right and many of this people will die today from the 2020,but the family don't opened the books after the 2000 or there are a freeze on the new inductions ?

Re: State of the KC family - 06/22/15 11:19 AM

So there is no chance they can make new members?

Re: State of the KC family - 06/22/15 01:32 PM

The Kansas City's Little Italy name is Columbus Park and for me it's strange that don't find thugs with italian surname to fill the ranks,when happened the last induction ceremony ?

Re: State of the KC family - 06/22/15 01:43 PM

I have not heard of anyone being made since 1992 and that was only a rumor. Cammisano Sr. made some guys in 1987. A mafia family is a means to an end. The family's purpose was to generate income for its memebers and they did very well here in KC. All of the family names from the family history here in KC have more money than can be used up by the next 5 generations. Most took their illegal money and put it into legitimate businesses which make millions in legal money, the younger generations no longer need crime to make it rich. The Civells family's will never have to work, same with the Cammisano's, Simone's and Moretina's. The Pamentare family went into food distribution and have the Red Bull distribution in the Midwest, there making millions, why do they need the life. The Labruzzos, Bonadonnas, Scola's make millions a year with their liquor stores and vending businesses. The Mandacina's have their strip clubs and pawnshops. This is all legit money that doesn't send you to prison unless you don't pay your taxes.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/22/15 01:47 PM

The Kansas City's Little Italy name is Columbus Park and for me it's strange that don't find thugs with italian surname to fill the ranks,when happened the last induction ceremony ?

Furio wherever your getting your info is so out of date its not even funny. Columbus Park used to be Little Italy but that area has not been Italian for over 15 years. The area is now inhabited by Asians and yuppy white's. In this area the only Italian businesses you will find are Garrozo's restaurant, the Caddy Shack Bar and the Don Bosco center for old people. The mob moved north to Clay county which is north of the Missouri river in an area known as Gladstone. That is where the Italians have moved to.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/22/15 02:40 PM

Furio wherever your getting your info is so out of date its not even funny. Columbus Park used to be Little Italy but that area has not been Italian for over 15 years. The area is now inhabited by Asians and yuppy white's. In this area the only Italian businesses you will find are Garrozo's restaurant, the Caddy Shack Bar and the Don Bosco center for old people. The mob moved north to Clay county which is north of the Missouri river in an area known as Gladstone. That is where the Italians have moved to.

Stay Calm joey I made the misteake searching the KC little italy on wikipedia.Whathever I are right why do the life if you can made the same milions honestly ?

So KC family is definely done next the 5 y.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/22/15 02:47 PM

what do you think of st louis and milwaukee ?

and about this site ?

http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.it
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: State of the KC family - 06/22/15 05:43 PM

kansas city always had a small family

so if their members didn't recruit then they might be on the endagered species list

Re: State of the KC family - 06/22/15 07:57 PM

I am curious to know how you came up with the number 10. It has been 10 since the day I first came on the boards and we have deaths since then, 10 seems to be a magical number which has never been substantiated. Please tell me where and how you came up with that number, tell me what number you started with before subtracting the dead and tell me how you came up with that number. Now I am in no way arguing the that KC is viable which I have stated many times it is not.

By the way the feds have NEVER released any information with the total numbers for KC, not even decades ago your talking out your ass with that one.

As far as I can recall, I've never stated a specific number for Kansas City because there isn't one. Though I don't believe the feds "never" gave an estimate at some point down through the years. Just that there hasn't been any estimates given, nor has Kansas City been on any official list of remaining families, in at least the last 15-20. In fact, it may be back as far as the 1988 "25 Years After Valachi" report where we saw it on any kind of official list.

Now is it completely out of the realm of possibility that KC still has 16 living members? No. It just strikes me as rather unlikely. As stated before, I count something like 24 members/possible members who have died since 2000. Now, for the sake of argument, suppose only half of those were actually made. Add the 16 you are saying are still alive and that's nearly 30 members still living in 2000. 40 if we count all two dozen names on that list of dead since 2000. Does 30-40 KC members still living in 2000 strike you as believable? Heck, even the AmericanMafia article on KC, which has been around since about that time, didn't cite that many members.

As I've also said, look at other families in the Midwest. St. Louis has 2 or 3. Milwaukee would likely be no more than that, if any at all. Cleveland something like 7 or 8. Chicago - the biggest and most active Midwest family - at 30 tops. But Kansas City - which has shown very little activity in recent years - still has 16 members?

Or look at Buffalo. I think few would try to argue that Kansas City has more members left than Buffalo, considering the latter is in the Northeast. The FBI had 23 remaining members in Buffalo in 2006. Now the family has had at least 11 members/possible members die since then which would put them at a dozen or so. Yet KC has more?

Re: State of the KC family - 06/22/15 08:29 PM

As far as I can recall, I've never stated a specific number for Kansas City because there isn't one. Though I don't believe the feds "never" gave an estimate at some point down through the years. Just that there hasn't been any estimates given, nor has Kansas City been on any official list of remaining families, in at least the last 15-20. In fact, it may be back as far as the 1988 "25 Years After Valachi" report where we saw it on any kind of official list.

Now is it completely out of the realm of possibility that KC still has 16 living members? No. It just strikes me as rather unlikely. As stated before, I count something like 24 members/possible members who have died since 2000. Now, for the sake of argument, suppose only half of those were actually made. Add the 16 you are saying are still alive and that's nearly 30 members still living in 2000. 40 if we count all two dozen names on that list of dead since 2000. Does 30-40 KC members still living in 2000 strike you as believable? Heck, even the AmericanMafia article on KC, which has been around since about that time, didn't cite that many members.

As I've also said, look at other families in the Midwest. St. Louis has 2 or 3. Milwaukee would likely be no more than that, if any at all. Cleveland something like 7 or 8. Chicago - the biggest and most active Midwest family - at 30 tops. But Kansas City - which has shown very little activity in recent years - still has 16 members?

Or look at Buffalo. I think few would try to argue that Kansas City has more members left than Buffalo, considering the latter is in the Northeast. The FBI had 23 remaining members in Buffalo in 2006. Now the family has had at least 11 members/possible members die since then which would put them at a dozen or so. Yet KC has more?

Rather than argue with you I am going to say we can agree to disagree. I have stated there are 16 made members left +/- 2. You say there are 2. The others can decide for themselves because I have neither the time or inclination to go through trial testimony and list the names nor do I have FBI certified proof of what I have been told by friends and family members. I do agree that these charts are mostly bullshit and people need to stop looking at them, but I am not one of those people looking at the charts.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/23/15 06:09 AM

For the record, I did not say there were 2 (or any other specific number) left. Just that, looking at what evidence there is, I would be surprised if it's over 10 or so at this point. Though I will say 16 is much more feasible than these charts I've seen posted of 30+ members.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/23/15 12:13 PM

So there are no young thugs with an Italian background in KC who would become involved in that family?

Re: State of the KC family - 06/23/15 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: British
So there are no young thugs with an Italian background in KC who would become involved in that family?

Sure there are, and many will I am sure get hooked up with some of the active made guys, like you had in 2009 with the Sansone Brothers, Charlie Simone and Badalucca, but is there enough to sustain a family, that's doubtful and most of these guys would be considered wannabe's, neverwas and couldn't be's. KC has almost always maintained their ranks through younger generations of family members. There just arnt that many younger generation guys wanting to follow in their fathers/uncles/cousins etc footsteps as I have stated most of the names in the organization saw to it that there was enough money to be able to steer the younger generation into legal avenues.

Re: State of the KC family - 06/23/15 02:26 PM

Do those in a position not have a duty to replenish the membership?

If they made more guys, no doubt some would be a waste of space but some could prove to be decent members

Re: State of the KC family - 06/24/15 03:00 AM

There is no interest, those that remain hope to finish out the ride without doing serious jail time. Those who have retired have enough to ensure that there kids don't have to get involved. They see the writing on the way with the number of rackets left to be involved with. There is no more union control, no more political protection, these guys are almost all in the 60's or older, that is why as I have said, the top spots are mostly respect and ceremony, as a friend of my who was a longtime associate of Paulie Scola's told me, they keep the names for the sake of the old guys as a way of showing respect, could they muster up the juice to say whack a guy, yeah, but no one is interested in that anymore.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET