Home

Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family)

Posted By: Stripes

Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/22/15 02:52 PM

Who is the most influential guy in NJ.?
Who has the most power there?
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/23/15 06:40 AM

The most powerful NJ faction was the Genovese and the Lucchese

The most powerful Genovese capo was Tino Fiumara that until he died in 2010 controlled all the NJ faction and is unknown who is now controlling the entire faction.

For the Luccheses is Ralph Perna

In the other families there single crews without a real faction boss and the colombo had few made men in NJ.

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/p/current-leadership-of-five-families.html

In the five familiesnyc site,are listed as NJ faction's bosses:

Gambino New Jersey Faction Boss: Nicholas "Nicky Mita" Mitarotonda
Bonanno New Jersey Faction Boss: Joseph Sammartino Sr.

Thomas Petrizzo -is a colombo capo who controlled contracting company in Middlesex, New Jersey.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/23/15 08:20 AM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
The most powerful NJ faction was the Genovese and the Lucchese

The most powerful Genovese capo was Tino Fiumara that until he died in 2010 controlled all the NJ faction and is unknown who is now controlling the entire faction.

For the Luccheses is Ralph Perna

In the other families there single crews without a real faction boss and the colombo had few made men in NJ.

http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/p/current-leadership-of-five-families.html

In the five familiesnyc site,are listed as NJ faction's bosses:

Gambino New Jersey Faction Boss: Nicholas "Nicky Mita" Mitarotonda
Bonanno New Jersey Faction Boss: Joseph Sammartino Sr.

Thomas Petrizzo -is a colombo capo who controlled contracting company in Middlesex, New Jersey.

Gambino's have 2 crews in jersey, Mitarotonda & Sisca are the captains, Sisca is the 'faction boss' not Mitarotonda.
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/25/15 01:28 AM

Tommy or anyone that knows how powerful would you say Mitarotono or Sisca are as Gambino guys? Jw like in relation to the Genovese or Lucchese guys who I would venture are 1 and 2 in power in the Garden state..since Bobby Cabert passed I haven't heard much of the Gambinos doing in NJ...but im sure some more knowledgeable posters can fill me in on this

I wonder if either of these two Gambino crews have joint ventures with Scoops crew seeing as Licata was present at that sit down between Philly fam leaders and higher ups the Gambinos..Anyone have any insight? Thanks fellas
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/25/15 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
since Bobb6 Cabert passed I haven't heard much of the Gambinos doing in NJ...but im sure some more knowledgeable posters can fill me in on this

Cabert's been dead for years. Besides, there's more to Jersey than just North Jersey and Belleville.

You've never heard of Cherry Hill, or the Gambinos? (not the Mafia family, the actual brothers lol).
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/25/15 10:48 AM

I have herd of them , and they sure do multiply.
Posted By: DB

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/25/15 11:01 AM

Yeah south jersey has been the expansion area i suppose

I'm not trying to downplay Scoops as he is a betting powerhouse but i wouldn't be surprised if today he just has his book of customers and gets his nice cut. Basically not the bank , kind of like a subs. of a major betting org . Plus they have all those machines

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/25/15 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
I have herd of them , and they sure do multiply.

lol lol
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/25/15 01:54 PM

haha yea PB I have heard of them good point, I just thought that recently those guys were pretty old, and I thought they moved outta NJ?

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/25/15 02:31 PM

Bisaccia died in 2008 but he and his entire crew was sentenced in the 1993

For the Cherry Hills Gambinos take a lot on this

http://www.oocities.org/OrganizedCrimeSyndicates_NJ/Gambino_NJ.html

It's outdated, but gives you the names of the Gambino brothers

Rosario Gambino b.1942 was sentenced to 25 years in prison in 1984 for drug trafficking, he was released after 22 years in 2006 and was extradited to Italy but returned free in 2014.While in prison Gambino remained in good contact with the Los Angeles crime family members Jimmy Caci, Kenny Gallo, and his own son Tommaso,that is believed was the boss of what remains of the LA Family.
Is unknow if Rosario is retired or not.

Joseph take agreed to return to Manhattan to face Federal narcotics trafficking, murder and racketeering charges, including jury tampering, illegal gambling and loan sharking.After prosecutors recommended 15-year sentences without parole, the men agreed to plead guilty, died in 1994.

John Gambino b.1940 was the most powerful of the brothers;was the capo of the sicilian faction of the family agreed to a 15 years without parole in 1993.In prison Gambino survived a stroke, heart attacks, and open-heart surgery. Sitting in a wheelchair, he was released in October 2005, but was later arrested to face an extradition request by Italy.He was released on bail. In September 2006, he was freed when a federal judge overruled a decision that would have extradited him to Italy to face drug charges. The judge ruled that Gambino already served a 15-year sentence in the US for drug trafficking and murder and can't be tried again for the same charges in Italy.

According to court papers filed in Brooklyn Federal Court, John Gambino was one of a three-man panel that ran the Gambino family, jointly with Daniel Marino and Bartolomeo "Bobby" Vernace after Operation Old Bridge in February 2008 decapitated the leadership. They oversaw a slimmed-down criminal gang of 200 made men active in drug trafficking, extortion and loansharking, according to the FBI.He currently serves as a high-ranking member of the family beneath boss Domenico Cefalu. His nephew Frank Cali is a rising star in the Gambino family.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/25/15 02:55 PM

Joseph take agreed to return to Manhattan to face Federal narcotics trafficking, murder and racketeering charges, including jury tampering, illegal gambling and loan sharking.After prosecutors recommended 15-year sentences without parole, the men agreed to plead guilty, died in 1994.

rolleyes

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/25/15 03:48 PM

haha yea PB I have heard of them good point, I just thought that recently those guys were pretty old, and I thought they moved outta NJ?

They ARE old, John isn't in the best of health, and a lot of guys do pack it in at their age. But they're as tight as you can get with the guy who's steering that ship, and that's all I'm going to post about it.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/25/15 04:21 PM

Still a lot of zips in jersey, a lot of the Gambino zips moved to Brookyln/SI after they got banned from NJ.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/25/15 04:26 PM

You understand how many relations them Gambino brothers have that are in the life? Impossible to even put a number on it as there's that many and a lot are unknown.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted

rolleyes

confused

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 06:22 AM

rolleyes

confused

Joe is still alive.
Posted By: moneyman

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 12:04 PM

Recent pic of rosario http://www.metropolisweb.it/Notizie/Nazi...ito_italia.aspx

I wonder what effect Nicky Skins had on Mitochondria and Sisca , I don't recall them being at LaGriglia meeting, I know Skins answered to Little Nicky

Genovese NJ situation is most interesting to me, from what I gather Borelli or Barbato seem to be the biggest players in NJ for the westside - I would assume Ninny has a lot of the bookmaking action in Toms River area as well..

it goes without saying that many of the hi up players that are NYC based have tons of activity going in Jersey - I recall a knowledgable poster here last year claiming that QD had a ton of influence / control of garbage in North Jersey and parts of PA

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: moneyman
Genovese NJ situation is most interesting to me, from what I gather Borelli or Barbato seem to be the biggest players in NJ for the westside - I would assume Ninny has a lot of the bookmaking action in Toms River area as well.

Johnny Barbato's shot. Ninni will never retire. Ever. Some guys do, some guys don't. He won't.

The DeVita crew is strong in Tom's River, but they're an interesting case. I've heard that he was kinda handcuffed from making more Sicilian-born members into that crew (which he'd LOVE to do). The Genovese is the most homegrown family, and it works for them. Just look at the charts and it tells you all you need to know. Most of their members are born here. Vince, in particular, had a thing about keeping things local. He obviously picked that up from Benny, and he obviously passed it on to the next generation.

Now, there are certainly exceptions (DeVito, Barney, et al.). But for the most part, they're homegrown, like the 1990's Yankees. And the most powerful, like the 1990's Yankees lol.

I recall a knowledgable poster here last year claiming that QD had a ton of influence / control of garbage in North Jersey and parts of PA

Dom's kinda shot, too. But he was still semi-active through Danny Pagano. For the past few years, Danny was sitting in for Dom at Dom's old spots in the Bronx constantly, including the place at the end of the six train by Pelham Bay Park.

That was Dom's headquarters, Dom was mostly homebound, and Danny wasn't making that drive every day from the Jersey/Rockland border for nothing. It speaks volumes as to who the new conduit between Jersey and New York was (kinda like Prisco's old position). But Danny just copped out to three years.

The guy running Streaky's old crew is as heavy as any Westside guy in Jersey today. And you can't really count the other Danny because he's also semi-retired and a former acting boss.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
Yeah south jersey has been the expansion area i suppose

I'm not trying to downplay Scoops as he is a betting powerhouse but i wouldn't be surprised if today he just has his book of customers and gets his nice cut. Basically not the bank , kind of like a subs. of a major betting org . Plus they have all those machines

The 2004 New Jersey OC report described Philadelphia's North Jersey crew as a "gambling operation." I would be surprised if it was anything more than that. At least on any substantial level.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
The guy running Streaky's old crew is as heavy as any Westside guy in Jersey today. And you can't really count the other Danny because he's also semi-retired and a former acting boss.

Though we haven't seen any official word on it yet, I remember Skinny saying that crew was divided up between Silvio DeVita and Dominick Cirillo. Does that match up with what you've heard, PB, or it is something different?
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 03:14 PM

Silvio Devita has his own crew and it operates in both Newark area and Toms River area (where Devita has a GORGEOUS waterfront home).

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Silvio Devita has his own crew and it operates in both Newark area and Toms River area (where Devita has a GORGEOUS waterfront home).

We all know Devita has his own crew. As did Cirillo, at least before he became acting boss back in the late 1990's. I believe Skinny was basically saying the Gatto crew was merged with those. Again, no official confirmation of that.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 03:28 PM

whats matthew madonna up to? hes an interesting character.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Extortion

A lot, apparently, as he was indicted in major Lucchese busts in 2007 and 2009, as well as reported to be acting/street boss last year. But he is NY based.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

A lot, apparently, as he was indicted in major Lucchese busts in 2007 and 2009, as well as reported to be acting/street boss last year. But he is NY based.

No, I mean after that. I know his lawyers keep delaying the trial but its been like 8 years lol

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 03:45 PM

like maybe someone on here is in the know, i can use google so thats not that hard.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 03:54 PM

I know exactly the where and whats of Silvio DeVita, Dante. What I was trying to say is that he'd love to bring some Sicilian-born members into his crew. And I heard from an unimpeachable source that he was given an emphatic NO by New York. And New York still Lords over New Jersey.

And when I say, New York, I mean the New York factions. Because you obviously have New York faction guys who live in Jersey. I'm not trying to get into a geographical pissing contest with you, Dante. You're a good kid. I'm just telling you what's what. Sil wanted more zips, New York said NO. And that's that.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 03:57 PM

like maybe someone on here is in the know, i can use google so thats not that hard.

He never leaves home. Neither does Joey Dee for that matter. I saw Joey at his nephew's restaurant about six months ago, and he looked like death THEN. This shit's stressful enough when you're middle-aged. These guys are almost 80.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 04:02 PM

Though we haven't seen any official word on it yet, I remember Skinny saying that crew was divided up between Silvio DeVita and Dominick Cirillo. Does that match up with what you've heard, PB, or it is something different?

That's about right, Ivy. But like I said, Danny Pagano had basically become Dom's physical presence on the street. And now that Danny's away, someone else from the Bronx is running that portion of that crew, and DeVita is obviously running the other portion.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 04:32 PM

To clarify, when we're talking about QD's old crew, we're not talking about 116th/Buckaloo crew- QD had his own crew that was entirely separate?

I always assume because QD is a BX guy he is part of the 116th, but I'm guessing there are probably a number of active Genovese BX crews

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 04:50 PM

To clarify, when we're talking about QD's old crew, we're not talking about 116th/Buckaloo crew- QD had his own crew that was entirely separate?

Different crew and entirely different succession altogether.

I always assume because QD is a BX guy he is part of the 116th

He grew up in East Harlem, a couple of blocks away from my Pop. They're the exact same age. Dom is like three or four months older. Anyway, he started out there. But he made the jump to the Bronx before most of the other guys who came out of that area.

I'm guessing there are probably a number of active Genovese BX crews

That would be correct. But only a couple of the skippers actually still live here. The guy in Locust Point being the heaviest.
Posted By: baldo

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 04:54 PM

Are these zips that were here already or is he bringing them from the old country himself? I assume these guys are Jersey based?
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 05:01 PM

does the decalvacante family have any kinda strength in their backyard?

or is north jersey that big where the rackets can be split 6 ways

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: baldo
Are these zips that were here already or is he bringing them from the old country himself?

You can't just import them like anchovies lol.

But seriously, it's all moot anyway. They're not letting him make them wink.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 05:37 PM

Cook-

There are 7 families that operate in New Jersey- The Decavalcantes are big in Elizabeth, Toms River, and Newark.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 05:37 PM

so the gambino brothers dont have a compound like the persico have in upstate ny. does in other family have some shit like that. figured there has to be some lowkey guy who owns a shit load of rentals down the shore. is that a racket?

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 05:38 PM

rent beach houses dont pay tax.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 07:58 PM

Are these zips that were here already or is he bringing them from the old country himself?

lol

It's strange how people still think you can import Sicilians that easily, it's not like these guys are Joe Bonanno or Carlo Gambino.

You're right about the Westside, they don't fool with zips. Bet Devita wishes he was under the Gambino's, they'd have given him carte blanche

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 07:59 PM

BTW is Devita still active? he's got to be pushing 90?

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
You're right about the Westside, they don't fool with zips. Bet Devita wishes he was under the Gambino's, they'd have given him carte blanche

Ding, ding, ding. And I was praying that no one would ask me why. It's because it's so obvious (and you'll understand this, Tommy).

More than half of the Sicilian-born LCN types in Jersey and Staten Island are related to the Gambinos (The Mafia family and the ACTUAL family). Hell, maybe MORE than half. There's no way in Hell the Westside is making guys who are second and third cousins to Gambino guys in Cherry Hill, Staten Island and Bensonhurst. No fucking way.

And yeah, Sil's way up there anyway. Gotta be close to ninety.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 08:19 PM

Ding, ding, ding. And I was praying that no one would ask me why. It's because it's so obvious (and you'll understand this, Tommy).

More than half of the Sicilian-born LCN types in Jersey and Staten Island are related to the Gambinos (The Mafia family AND the ACTUAL family). Hell, maybe MORE than half. There's no way in Hell the Westside is making guys who are second and third cousins to Gambino guys in Cherry Hill, Staten Island and Bensonhurst. No fucking way.

And yeah, Sil's way up there anyway. Gotta be ninety.

So true, I mentioned it earlier in this thread, it's scary how many Sicilian born relatives the Gambino's have, you've got to wonder how many have been made since the Sicilians took the reigns, the safe bet would be a shit load.

PB, you not been on the other site for a while, reply to my PM you prick wink

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 08:30 PM

lol

It's strange how people still think you can import Sicilians that easily, it's not like these guys are Joe Bonanno or Carlo Gambino.

Tommy, I never said anything about him bringing them over easily. It's a serious question given the fact that people talk about the talent pool drying up constantly yet Devito has a ton of zips just hanging around NJ that he can't get made.

Given that I live in NJ and both my parents are off the boat, I'm surprised there are that many (I'm assuming) young zips around that a Genovese capo wants to make. From what I know, it doesn't seem like there are many Italians immigrating to Italy en masse like in the old days. Many young Italians coming over these days are educated professionals. Again, I could be wrong as I don't run in those circles. I was asking PB an honest question as he is probably the most knowledgeable poster around.

Go through some of my posts on here or RD. I've been around these forums since 1998 and NEVER get into arguments. NEVER. But you're out of line here, Tommy.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 08:37 PM

I've been too busy with my father, Tommy. Plus, the stress is getting to me, too. I'm dealing with a minor health issue of my own right now. It's all heart-stress related, so the last thing I need in my life right now is arguing with some kids about people and an era that existed before they were born.

Plus, there's that ONE SCUMBAG who refuses to go away. No way I let him give me a heart attack. I'll lay you three to five that he's dead of an overdose before I have a heart attack.

Anyway, what pm? Here or there? I honestly don't see it. Resend it and I'll get back to you no later than tomorrow. I promise.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 08:48 PM

lol

Tommy, I never said anything about him bringing them over easily. It's a serious question given the fact that people talk about the talent pool drying up constantly yet Devito has a ton of zips just hanging around NJ that he can't get made.

Given that I live in NJ and both my parents are off the boat, I'm surprised there are that many (I'm assuming) young zips around that a Genovese capo wants to make. From what I know, it doesn't seem like there are many Italians immigrating to Italy en masse like in the old days. Many young Italians coming over these days are educated professionals. Again, I could be wrong as I don't run in those circles. I was asking PB an honest question as he is probably the most knowledgeable poster around.

Go through some of my posts on here or RD. I've been around these forums since 1998 and NEVER get into arguments. NEVER. But you're out of line here, Tommy.

Sorry if I offended you Baldo, that wasn't my intention & my post wasn't directly taking a shot at you, it's more to do with the thousand posts I've seen on here to do with LCN bringing zips over, you've always been a good poster from the day I signed up here and I am out of line, forgive me I've been on the beer all day lol You probably know more about LCN then me, I've only been interested a few years and am a thousand miles away.

I could be wrong but I think the zips around Devita are distant relatives of his.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 08:51 PM

I've been too busy with my father, Tommy. Plus, the stress is getting to me, too. I'm dealing with a minor health issue of my own right now. It's all heart-stress related, so the last thing I need in my life right now is arguing with some kids about people and an era that existed before they were born.

Plus, there's that ONE SCUMBAG who refuses to go away. No way I let him give me a heart attack. I'll lay you three to five that he's dead of an overdose before I have a heart attack.

Anyway, what pm? Here or there? I honestly don't see it. Resend it and I'll get back to you no later than tomorrow. I promise.

On the other site I think mate, think it was purple Gang related, you're father etc. I'll resend it tomorrow it's late here, hope you & yours are well. Isn't DN a heroin addict?

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 08:52 PM

I was asking PB an honest question.

It's because they're all too close to the Gambinos in some way, shape or form. Simple as that, Baldo.

You and Tommy are both good guys and quality posters. Play nice wink.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 09:06 PM

Thanks, PB. And thanks, Tommy...I guess took your post the wrong way. Maybe I'm getting ornery in my old age...about to turn the big 4-0 in July! panic

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 09:12 PM

Thanks, PB. And thanks, Tommy...I guess took your post the wrong way. Maybe I'm getting ornery in my old age...about to turn the big 4-0 in July! panic

At least you're not 55, like PB wink I'm loving being 24 lol

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 09:41 PM

At least you're not 55, like PB wink I'm loving being 24 lol

Now you can both go fuck yourselves lol.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 09:59 PM

This whole zip thing has been terribly exaggerated. The fact of the matter is this, italians rarely come to this country any more, never mind some sicilians who want to get into and learn american rackets that no longer work.
Why would some sicilian want to come here and not only take bets but learn all about american sports? You could argue there are some that visit and get involved with drugs, im not disputing that, what i am disputing is the myth that they may take over.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
This whole zip thing has been terribly exaggerated. The fact of the matter is this, italians rarely come to this country any more, never mind some sicilians who want to get into and learn american rackets that no longer work.
Why would some sicilian want to come here and not only take bets but learn all about american sports? You could argue there are some that visit and get involved with drugs, im not disputing that, what i am disputing is the myth that they may take over.

That's absolutely correct.

I say it all the time. Even if the immigration laws still favored Western Europeans (and they clearly don't), who says they want to come here anyway?

This isn't 1900 where America is THAT much better off than Europe. If you're going to stay poor anyway, why uproot your life and leave a beautiful country?

I was merely pointing out that I know for an absolute fact that Sil was told not to propose any of the Sicilians that are here ALREADY. Because they're all too close to the Gambinos.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 10:15 PM

PB's right. It's the ones that have been here 30 years that were talking about, they have kids, nephews, cousins that are born into it. Bel & Baldo are right about modern day zips for sure.

Belmont, what European would want to learn American sports, after all American Football & Baseball are only really practised in America for a reason, they're pure shite wink Real sports are played in Europe, fact.
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 10:42 PM

Wonder if the Bayonne/Jersey City Bonanno crew still pulls any weight...

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2010/10/mobster_with_jersey_city_ties.html

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Flushing

I think Joe Saunders absorbed that crew.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 11:01 PM

Saunders Jr. is based in Brooklyn. He is now in charge of the Bonanno's Bayonne crew? Even with Sammartino getting out of prison? I don't dispute this I'm just asking. Seems strange to have a Brooklyn capo running the Bayonne/Jersey City Bonanno's.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 11:29 PM

Saunders Jr. is based in Brooklyn. He is now in charge of the Bonanno's Bayonne crew? Even with Sammartino getting out of prison? I don't dispute this I'm just asking. Seems strange to have a Brooklyn capo running the Bayonne/Jersey City Bonanno's.

That was my original thought Flushing, but Joe C is one of the top capo's now and his influence is growing, if I remember correctly two of the soldiers under Sammaratino were under Saunders as of 2009, just because he's from Brooklyn doesn't mean he won't have interests in Jersey, same with Nicky Corrozzo, Skins answered to him so who knows, the Bonanno NJ crew was very slim under Sammaratino. It's similar to Sisca, he's the top guy in Jersey but also a top guy in the Bronx with the Gambino's.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/26/15 11:56 PM

It's similar to Sisca, he's the top guy in Jersey but also a top guy in the Bronx with the Gambino's.

That's a fair analogy. Funzi had been acting for Louie for awhile. What's funny is, Louie was in a similar situation for years himself. He got off in East Harlem, expanded into the Bronx and Westchester, and ended up with part of North Jersey, too. Hell, he even had Connecticut.

When Gotti "gave" Connecticut to Tommy Gambino in was just a gesture. In name only. Braciole was the real strength there the entire time Tommy was officially the skipper (late '80s and early '90s), right up until Tony Megale came home and made skipper himself.
Posted By: Shamm11375

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 08:40 AM

Wikipedia and stuff will lead you to believe that everybody in jersey kinda answered to Tino Fiumara when he was alive, especially after the Chin passed away. Was that true? Or just internet fodder?

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 08:50 AM

I won't pretend to know but from what I read there wasn't one overall Jersey skipper for the Genovese.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 09:22 AM

Great stuff guys .
Man the Gambino's better watch there asses handing out power to there zip's ,they sure do multiply like I posted at the beginning of the thread.

The west side being at the top" of there game" as usual are watching out for the bottom line.

I am very curious if some of these guys (zips)or close to of family members are saying f--- it and trying to branch out to get a button from other families and will gain power no matter what.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 10:18 AM

Good question, Serp. Is there actually some sort of rivalry between zips and home grown guys?

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 10:39 AM

I don't know about that ,but one never knows.

But if they are doing work and being held back from a button, I would think that if that is there ambition in life that they may be looking else where they could be desperately needed.

I would think that a few of the families could use some new good blood that want to keep there mouth shut..

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 11:19 AM

I'm sure Sammartino has things going on , that area is very lucrative and corrupt with bookies everywhere . He lived in my area so I know him from a point out standpoint

But still their JV to another family

In northern NJ the big construction and garbage is still mostly Italian owned so whoever moved out there first is doing well with a lot less heat. Monster construction in my area right now ( right outside NYC ) and it's basically being done by 1 guy , Italian

Many 2nd generation NYC Italians moved out this way so I guess the smart ones followed the business so to speak

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 12:20 PM

Not for nothing ! But I have seen what they call mob free and fair to all,and it is worse then when it was a little of both .

I have always said everything" in moderation " well almost everything" .

And I have also seen what a totally legit government has done .
It needs to be a little of each,to keep all semi honest .

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 12:39 PM

I imagine Devita viewed the order as an insult to him considering he was born in Sicily, interesting about Barbato - I thought he was a major player still. Anybody remember this clown Frank DiMattina? He was supposed to be a member of Barbato's crew so I thought he was still active -

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ma...rticle-1.975429

I wonder if there is any animosity between the NJ skippers and the NJ conduit to the administration in the Bronx.

Interesting to note if you recall the recent DeCavalcante bust this year the elder Stagno claimed they were under the Gambinos, they were in Toms River area as well.. I wonder if those idiot DeCavalcante guys were answering to the Gambino zip relatives everyones been talking about

If so, another smart/perceptive move by the Westside.

Great/informative thread here. Hope to see more threads like this in the near future.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Shamm11375
Wikipedia and stuff will lead you to believe that everybody in jersey kinda answered to Tino Fiumara when he was alive, especially after the Chin passed away. Was that true? Or just internet fodder?

Tino did A LOT of time. And when he came home, Prisco was kinda running things. But not the "day-to-day." Angelo was more of a conduit between New York and New Jersey. That's where the Feds got it wrong (and I don't care what any press release or FBI file says, they ain't telling me ANYTHING about Angelo Prisco).

The entire time the stupid Feds had Angelo in charge of the Jersey faction, he was still operating out of his headquarters in Westchester Square here in the Bronx, and spending his spare time down in Florida. They left Jersey to Jersey. Angelo was more of a "go-between" than anything else.

I'd say that Angelo equaled Tino in overall power, but in a different area (obviously in the Bronx, Westchester and 116th--when 116th was still 116th wink ). But when Tino came home after that fifteen-year bid, he was the top guy out there--except for when he was away on violations lol.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 01:04 PM

I wonder if there is any animosity between the NJ skippers and the NJ conduit to the administration in the Bronx.

Nope. I talked about this at length recently, so I'll keep it short. QD is pretty much retired. But he still has some trucking interests and an old shy book in North Jersey. And one of the top guys in that faction is like a son to him. Plus, you have a ton of old Bronx and Harlem guys living in Jersey and operating out of New York.

That's done for a reason. It keeps everybody happy. They're not like the other families. After the Costello-Genovese clusterfuck, there has been less infighting within the Genovese family than any other family. And that's one of the main reasons they're still at the top.

As far as Silvio being "insulted," I suppose he could have just told Vince to go fuck himself after Andy Gerardo died. But he probably would have woke up dead the next day.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 01:18 PM

Funny

A guy under Devita control in late 90s built 2 condos I have

They were all fucked up , cost me $20k each to get everything good including the heat / cooling where they can really cheap out on systems , windows , insulation , siding etc plus messes up concrete work

We had to sue them but they went BK and it was settled for a fraction of mess ups

Bastards, lol , but then again the places look great now

I use polish guys now , they may smoke a lot but do good work for a fraction of most other smaller sub contractors . We call em the polish mafia lol , but they are good

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 05:42 PM

I'm sure Sammartino has things going on , that area is very lucrative and corrupt with bookies everywhere . He lived in my area so I know him from a point out standpoint

But still their JV to another family

In northern NJ the big construction and garbage is still mostly Italian owned so whoever moved out there first is doing well with a lot less heat. Monster construction in my area right now ( right outside NYC ) and it's basically being done by 1 guy , Italian

Many 2nd generation NYC Italians moved out this way so I guess the smart ones followed the business so to speak

I'm guessing your talking about the Bayonne area or the Marion section of Jersey City? I got off the PATH train at Journal Square a few years ago, coming home from work. Didn't look very nice. But I had a few friends from Bayonne while I was working in Perth Amboy. I was told Bayonne was still livable.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 08:00 PM

That's about right, Ivy. But like I said, Danny Pagano had basically become Dom's physical presence on the street. And now that Danny's away, someone else from the Bronx is running that portion of that crew, and DeVita is obviously running the other portion.

Originally Posted By: bronx
dom is a great guy, close to chin forever..no rumor i have heard dom lost his position or creds. maybe its not for the world to know..

I've been telling people here for at least two or three years that he's reigned it in quite a bit. But a lot of people have a hard time believing that these guys retire (or at least semi-retire).

Dom's never at the place by the Pelham Bay station anymore, yet the guy from North Jersey/Rockland is there constantly. And he's not making that commute for nothing. You do the math wink.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 08:22 PM

I believe you on Prisco for sure PB

Whether it him or Tino, more likely Prisco as Tino was inside a lot but they oversaw a great gambling expansion into S NJ and even some philly I bieve when that area had a bigger priority list. Very smart and lucrative business moves that is fair game and even today not much LE paying attention to that area , especially gaming which made millions , huge book and wouldn't be surprised if that was parlayed into other traditionals. All speculation on my part tho, but I do know Sandy wasn't terrible for everyone as bad as that is

I also fully believe you about QD as you set me straight on that one as I thought differently , but still that's a good guy to have around for sound advice here and there . Come to think of it they have a bunch of those guys , schooling kids the right way which today is invaluable IMO

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 08:35 PM

Most of Bayonne is more than live able , that one area of projects is pretty bad but they also have somewhat recently been building luxury tow homes . Still generally a blue collar town , have lots of friends that grew up and live there and they are all successful white collar people

JC is even worse as far extremes , some is horrible and that Marion project area is terrible ( the one with the sign that says drugs are illegal lol) but some parts of JC are the most expensive in the USA with huge corporate HQs there . That city has and continues to change rapidly

I'm not from either of those places but they have always been strong money making places and honestly nobody really cares about gambling or who is building new properties that generate money or who is doing the trash and recyclables etc. sure a few busts here and there but gerbetly biz as usual . Shoot even dare cops sold drugs there and it barely made a ripple news wise .

Each town is also pretty corrupt , again no one really cares , it's just part of the culture and not just Italians making a living

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 08:40 PM

Db rigt about the polish smokers. After a big family meal theyll all be on the porch well im sitting alone in my girls house its like they live in the 80tys.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech

Originally Posted By: bronx
dom is a great guy, close to chin forever..no rumor i have heard dom lost his position or creds. maybe its not for the world to know..

I've been telling people here for at least two or three years that he's reigned it in quite a bit. But a lot of people have a hard time believing that these guys retire (or at least semi-retire).

Dom's never at the place by the Pelham Bay station anymore, yet the guy from North Jersey/Rockland is there constantly. And he's not making that commute for nothing. You do the math wink.

Wow, did I really make both of those posts that far apart?

Go ask Ed Leiber and my other critics over there if I can Google the future. I think Ed has ten usernames over there. On his own site. And my old buddy Cornuto Faggutto has the other ten.

The sickest people on these sites are the guys who envy knowledge. It drives them fucking crazy.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/27/15 08:52 PM

Did the old guy dentico pasz yet hes got to be about 90+. jersey Guy i read went to the massino peter gotti meeting. I wish it came out in some 302 by either vitale or massino. Could you imagine the disscusions. Peter gotti massino cop killer waverly dentico and whoever came for amuso. It did come out peter gotti wanted to know were the bonannos were getting all there recruits. But i wonder why the westside went and how the invite happend and what was thers beef.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 09:19 AM

Bayonne is a mere shadow of its former self. Used to be italian and polish. Lots of garbage moved into bayonne over the years though. Bayonne is almost an extension of brooklyn, very similar is certain ways.
If you drive through bayonne, you will notice a lot of empty stores that closed down. Its kind of depressing.
Its strange, its almost as if the city is it a stand still and waiting for that next big building boom that will turn it into the new hoboken or jersey city since its right on the water.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 11:44 AM

That's an accurate statement Belmont

Especially the polish , all my Bayonne friends are polish lol

They have been trying with those townhouses and golf course etc

Just went to their st paddys parade and it was pretty good

All they need is a direct ferry , my guess is it blows up abit at some time

Everything with fast access to Manhatten eventually has its day . What happened on JC waterfront is near amazing

But still bayonne has alot of prideful people
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 11:49 AM

I did a lot of work on the JC waterfront, around the exchange place PATH tunnel. Bayonne has to hold on and it will come around.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 11:58 AM

Nice work Nicky , that area is gorgeous now

That and Hoboken are almost like the 6th borough lol

But I agree , it will hit them . If the town was smart they would invest in a near free

Direct ferry to downtown and the midtown .

I live by Harrison which was a total shithole but that Wall Street access

Blew it up . And that developer was Italian

There is a rumor that where I live might get a new train station , fingers crossed

As I've invested here and again it's that same Italian builder who has basically only been building around areas with NYC trains . You can still get good deals too so I'm looking as things seem to be changing quickly
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Did the old guy dentico pasz yet hes got to be about 90+. jersey Guy i read went to the massino peter gotti meeting. I wish it came out in some 302 by either vitale or massino. Could you imagine the disscusions. Peter gotti massino cop killer waverly dentico and whoever came for amuso. It did come out peter gotti wanted to know were the bonannos were getting all there recruits. But i wonder why the westside went and how the invite happend and what was thers beef.
Louie bagels daidone represented the lucchese family at the meeting

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74

Among the topics of discussion were whether to disband the Colombo family and merge it with the others. Besides being entirely impractical, they decided it would be disrespectful to Carmine Persico. There was also a push by the others for John Gotti to step down as boss. Peter Gotti defended his brother and came back with, "Why doesn't Chin step down then?" The answer was that Chin was expected to get out one day while Gotti never would.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 03:43 PM

[quote=pmac]Did the old guy dentico pasz yet hes got to be about 90+. jersey Guy i read went to the massino peter gotti meeting. I wish it came out in some 302 by either vitale or massino. Could you imagine the disscusions. Peter gotti massino cop killer waverly dentico and whoever came for amuso. It did come out peter gotti wanted to know were the bonannos were getting all there recruits. But i wonder why the westside went and how the invite happend and what was thers beef.
Louie bagels daidone represented the lucchese family at the meeting [/quot

Among the topics of discussion were whether to disband the Colombo family and merge it with the others. Besides being entirely impractical, they decided it would be disrespectful to Carmine Persico. There was also a push by the others for John Gotti to step down as boss. Peter Gotti defended his brother and came back with, "Why doesn't Chin step down then?" The answer was that Chin was expected to get out one day while Gotti never would.

I wonder hat they think now? RE: disbanding the Colombos.

But back to Bayonne, I always asked my coworkers who lived there about growing up in Bayonne and what it was like. They are totally legit and hardworking now but some had street history. One of the guys was talking about doing insurance jobs on cars and sending the cars off the pier into Newark Bay. I am sure that they were aligned with someone at the time.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 05:12 PM

Bayonne is a city so definately a lot of street crimes

Like I said they had a dare cops busted for selling drugs ( E)

Big gambling town so pretty lucrative for the streets

Man those car scams are legendary . I had 1 friend that had a tow company ,

Anything borderline and it was towed and then disappeared .

Now the scam is predator towing to the point of coming out with laws to stop it

In NJ at least , that towing thing started with a JC company / crew

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 05:17 PM

DB people that did not grow up in it really say wow !
Guy that grew up here or NY never gave it a second thought.
I forgot more then I remember ....

Dam shame..

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 05:46 PM

When my Grandfather immigrated from Italy he settled in Bayonne. Bayonne's problem is that from some areas it can take you 45 mins to get into the city when it's right freakin' there on the Hudson River!! The next area I also see gentrifying is downtown Newark around the Prudential Center, I would buy a condo/loft around there in a second as an investment and at the very least you always will have a rental demographic with the colleges and Seton Hall Law right there. Wish I had extra coin....

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 08:46 PM

Bayonne is a city so definately a lot of street crimes

Like I said they had a dare cops busted for selling drugs ( E)

Big gambling town so pretty lucrative for the streets

Man those car scams are legendary . I had 1 friend that had a tow company ,

Anything borderline and it was towed and then disappeared .

Now the scam is predator towing to the point of coming out with laws to stop it

In NJ at least , that towing thing started with a JC company / crew

Thanks for the info, DB. Love hearing about neighborhood stuff. Predatory towing is HUGE in Queens right now.

As for Newark, Dante, I can definitely see downtown Newark gentrifying. Very convenient, cheap and historic: a hipsters dream. I was in ironbound recently to pick up a TWIC card for work. Ferry street is great.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 09:06 PM

Ivy, was that in Massino's testimony? Is it online?

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 09:08 PM

The commission were wise not to disband the Colombo's, even in the early 2000's after the war, the Colombo's had a ton of hitters.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 09:11 PM

No, I mean after that. I know his lawyers keep delaying the trial but its been like 8 years lol

According to Gangland, he's pleaded guilty in the 2009 case. He'll receive between one and three years when sentenced.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 09:40 PM

According to Gangland, he's pleaded guilty in the 2009 case. He'll receive between one and three years when sentenced.

They're looking for concurrent time on the other charges.

I know I've posted it here before, but I feel bad for the guys on the bottom of the indictment. A couple of them are just part-time bookmakers with full-time working-stiff jobs. And they STILL haven't wrapped up their cases because they have no choice in the matter.

Frozen assets and the whole nine yards for over five years now, just because their guy was with this guy, and this guy was with that guy, and straight to the top. These multi-count indictments where they grab forty guys at a time are bullshit.

It should be illegal. But the Feds know that when they grab forty guys at a time, that they'll usually find a weak link somewhere near the bottom of the indictment. And if they get lucky, sometimes near the top.

Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 09:49 PM

In your opinion is Neil Migliore retired or still active? How is it he was never indicted in all those years since the 80s, while almost every other high-ranking family member had or still has legal problems? Even Steven Crea served jail time.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 09:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
In your opinion is Neil Migliore retired or still active? How is it he was never indicted in all those years since the 80s, while almost every other high-ranking family member had or still has legal problems? Even Steven Crea served jail time.

He's retired. No ifs, ands or buts.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/28/15 11:45 PM

Stop everything board turn on HBO pimps up how's down a classic must see HBO classic.
Posted By: yigido

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 05:46 AM

I think it was in the book King of godfathers.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 07:55 AM

He's pigeoned out.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 11:06 AM

Not just that he is retired,but when active he also had lots of ligit stuff going .the more ligit things you got going the less chance you will stick a neck out to get involved in something that you normally never would . Just good old common sense.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 12:33 PM

He's pigeoned out.

Okay, that was actually kinda funny lol.

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Not just that he is retired,but when active he also had lots of ligit stuff going .the more ligit things you got going the less chance you will stick a neck out to get involved in something that you normally never would . Just good old common sense.

Yup. Lots of properties, too. Which were thankfully off limits to the fucking government. He owns a lot of horse country out on the Island.

He loves his birds, he loves spending time outdoors (which at his age you have to say God Bless), Stevie loves him, he has universal respect, and no one will ever fuck with him. Why bother jumping back in?

He lived his life like a man, did his time like a man, and left the street on his own terms. He's enjoying his time outdoors, and I hope he lives to be a hundred.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 12:39 PM

quick 2 cents on that neil guy. probaly last living app. 1957 meeting guy even if he was just a driver. pretty sure i read he was indicted with fatvtony on the concrette case lost was sentence to some crazy number 50 years they overturned the case he plead out to 10yrs old time got out in a few went back to the family and either amuso or gas orders his death at some girls bday party im going with gas pulling the wool over amuso eyes who was allready in jail.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 01:51 PM

Mike trout. Can't believe he's from new jersey. Seems like all the best white guys are hicks from the deep south. Sorry Dixie.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 02:13 PM

Pmac watch what you say about HICKS ! we like our green country side....lol

That Trout guy does a lot for kids around here ,one of my laborers is from out that way and went to school with him ,hooks him up pretty good.
I did not know who the guy was till this kid explained to me.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 02:15 PM

why aren't any decalvacante's major in their own territory

they have a steady stream of recruits
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 02:47 PM

They are a small family. Didn't you ask this already? Why does it bother you so much?

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 02:57 PM

No, Sal Vitale first revealed it. He was at the meeting too. The info came out over time, in pieces here and there, through articles from Capeci and others.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 07:55 PM

quick 2 cents on that neil guy. probaly last living app. 1957 meeting guy even if he was just a driver. pretty sure i read he was indicted with fatvtony on the concrette case lost was sentence to some crazy number 50 years they overturned the case he plead out to 10yrs old time got out in a few went back to the family and either amuso or gas orders his death at some girls bday party im going with gas pulling the wool over amuso eyes who was allready in jail.

Migs got 100 years in 88, crazy. Very lucky guy.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 05/29/15 11:25 PM

There was some many reporters writing on all them cases and that one kind of fell threw also read Matty horse beat a Rico trial back then

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/01/15 01:17 PM

Help me out here! How do newark born Genovese members report to NY guys? Why don't they report to Devita, our some other capo in NJ? This is where I get lost on when people say nj guys but actually report to some one like Tuzzo.
Posted By: Shamm11375

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/02/15 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Stripes
Help me out here! How do newark born Genovese members report to NY guys? Why don't they report to Devita, our some other capo in NJ? This is where I get lost on when people say nj guys but actually report to some one like Tuzzo.

I think the general consensus is everybody outside of the Gambinos need the blessing of Barney/Muscarella/Crea to operate.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/05/15 06:53 PM

Anthony Palumbo has another 4-5 yrs until he's back out on the street.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/05/15 08:02 PM

According to his indictment, when Anthony Palumbo was acting captain, Danny Leo (then acting boss at the time) put him in charge of overseeing the family's operations in Jersey. I would guess that had more to do with being the go between for the Jersey crews and the NY leadership than him being the Genovese "boss" in Jersey.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/05/15 08:28 PM

I would guess that had more to do with being the go between for the Jersey crews and the NY leadership than him being the Genovese "boss" in Jersey.

Exactly what Prisco's position was when a lot of people had him misidentified as being the "The Genovese Boss of Jersey." I mean, seriously, the man was still living in Yonkers at the time, and when he wasn't at home, his every waking moment was at his club in Westchester Square (The Bronx).

Funny thing is, even though Angelo was only the "go-between," Palumbo clearly resented his strength in Jersey (especially at the Port of Newark). It was Palumbo who made the beef on Ange's cousin (Angelo Sangiuolo), who was later murdered as a result.

Don't get me wrong, Sangiulo was guilty as Hell. But being Prisco's cousin really fueled the fire for Palumbo. I heard he took it to Gigante himself---a serious breach of etiquette that surprisingly didn't get him killed himself. But at the time, I guess Vince had bigger fish to fry.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/06/15 10:28 AM

Pizza-

Prisco was living in Toms River, NJ at one point in the 2000's as well, I know this for a fact. Never really understood why he was living in Toms River for that period, when all his operations were in the Bronx and Westchester

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/06/15 12:32 PM

Pizza-

Prisco was living in Toms River, NJ at one point in the 2000's as well, I know this for a fact. Never really understood why he was living in Toms River for that period, when all his operations were inly 2000's. the Bronx and Westchester

In the very early 2000's, Angelo was indeed living in New Jersey, but in State Prison, where he had been since '98. It was only after that queer McGreevey's aide arranged for his release in 2002 that Angelo was living in Tom's River. It was for a very brief period, and it was due to a State and Federal mandate that restricted him from leaving the State of New Jersey while they investigated everyone from the parole board, to the warden, to McGreevey's aide, to McGreevey himself. They did this because it drove them absolutely crazy that he won his freedom.

They couldn't come up with anything substantial, and Ange spent a ton on lawyers to get the restriction lifted as soon as possible. And the MINUTE the restriction was lifted, he moved back to New York. He hated being in Jersey because he felt jinxed there. He spent most of his time in New York but spent a lot of time in Florida too, because his first wife and older kids were living there at the time and they remained very close.

His entire family, from both of his children's mothers, live there now, all in my general area, so they can go see Ange more readily. It's still a three-hour drive through Deliverance Land, but it beats the Hell out of flying down so often.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/06/15 12:40 PM

Pizza-

Prisco was living in Toms River, NJ at one point in the 2000's as well, I know this for a fact. Never really understood why he was living in Toms River for that period, when all his operations were in the Bronx and Westchester

Dante, check you PM, pal.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/06/15 03:13 PM

Cheech, thanks for reaching out.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/07/15 12:04 AM

How about Tuzzo what crew is he in I know he's a capo.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/07/15 12:37 AM

How about Tuzzo what crew is he in I know he's a capo.

If a guy's capo, then it's HIS crew. So I'm not even sure what you mean.

And just or the record, Vito is probably acting for Chuckie at this point.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/07/15 06:02 AM

Migloire LOVES pigeons
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/07/15 12:02 PM

I would guess that had more to do with being the go between for the Jersey crews and the NY leadership than him being the Genovese "boss" in Jersey.

Exactly what Prisco's position was when a lot of people had him misidentified as being the "The Genovese Boss of Jersey." I mean, seriously, the man was still living in Yonkers at the time, and when he wasn't at home, his every waking moment was at his club in Westchester Square (The Bronx).

Funny thing is, even though Angelo was only the "go-between," Palumbo clearly resented his strength in Jersey (especially at the Port of Newark). It was Palumbo who made the beef on Ange's cousin (Angelo Sangiuolo), who was later murdered as a result.

Don't get me wrong, Sangiulo was guilty as Hell. But being Prisco's cousin really fueled the fire for Palumbo. I heard he took it to Gigante himself---a serious breach of etiquette that surprisingly didn't get him killed himself. But at the time, I guess Vince had bigger fish to fry.

Thought id come back from the dead to chime in here lol. Devita ran what was left of the andy Gerardo crew which was the main crew in the newark/essex co suburbs. Tinos crew and the Gatto crew both came from pete laplaca and are basically just one crew again today. Originally there were two ny crews with jersey guys that i can think of, benny eggs and patty mac. patty macs crew basically merged with chuckie tuzzo and eggs crew is basically the lascala crew. pb is right on the money, ny has always had a huge hand in jersey. In my opinion the heaviest guy in nj is bobby manna (if hes still in ft dix lol), larry d, then ninny. keep in mind ninny is a jersey city guy.

As far as the Gambinos go, I've heard nicky mita has retired to palm beach and vinny dimodica took over for him about a year or two ago. nicky skins was under jimmy dellaratta. dellaratta was discussed at the philly trial, he was apparently in prison for 20+ years, came out got made and bumped up to capo in under a year.

i feel like i need a disclaimer lol, its just my two cents not saying i know more than the fbi, etc... just sharing

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 06/07/15 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
As far as the Gambinos go, I've heard nicky mita has retired to palm beach and vinny dimodica took over for him about a year or two ago.

True. He also bought a farm in the Poconos.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 09/06/15 01:57 PM

Is there a Michael Perna that is a relation to the Perna's of the Lucchese NJ faction?

Because there was a Michael Perna getting into a very heated argument and making an ass out of himself with somebody in the comments section of a mob related article a couple months back.

I will try and dig it out.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 09/06/15 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Is there a Michael Perna that is a relation to the Perna's of the Lucchese NJ faction?

Because there was a Michael Perna getting into a very heated argument and making an ass out of himself with somebody in the comments section of a mob related article a couple months back.

Yes, Mike Perna, easily the most well known of the Pernas. Recently released from prison. He was one of the defendants in the big case against the Luccheses back in the 1980s that included Accetturo, the Taccettas, Ricciardi, etc

Doubt the guy making an ass out of himself is him.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 09/06/15 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Yes, Mike Perna, easily the most well known of the Pernas. Recently released from prison. He was one of the defendants in the big case against the Luccheses back in the 1980s that included Accetturo, the Taccettas, Ricciardi, etc

Doubt the guy making an ass out of himself is him.

No way in Hell. It's a username, just like over here when we get a guy using a real wiseguy's name.

a) The guy's too well schooled.
b) He just came home last month after more than twenty years.
c) If he can use the Internet at his age, after all that time in stir, then I'm the King of England.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 09/06/15 11:14 PM

I remember reading the whole perna family got caught up in that state operation for drugs gambling extortion did they plead out and all ready rap up there sentences. They had the cars wired heard Madonna giving a history lesson and driving to one of the perna kids induction.
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 09/06/15 11:20 PM

pernas are real gansgsters esp ralphie. Johnny likes his drugs though.

joey and johnny perna friendly with joey merlino as well according to geogre antastia ]

I think they are related with the taccerta brothers

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 09/06/15 11:48 PM

This Michael Perna guy was beefy looking, skinheaded and had tattoos I think.

He was commenting from his FB profile. So I could post it here but obviously I am not going to do that to protect his privacy etc etc....

I was doubting it was anyone heavy but when I seen the surname I thought maybe he was related to those Perna's.
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 09/06/15 11:54 PM

its not that perna.

end of

it might be a relation but its not Michael senior he is not a fucking idiot who will go on the internet talking about stuff

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 09/06/15 11:55 PM

I never thought it was!

This guy is between 40-50 most likely.

I thought he was a relative and/or associate.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 09/07/15 12:20 AM

Don't feel bad about posting it. Posting things from Facebook and Instagram here is not an invasion of privacy. People ought to know by now that putting anything on the Internet is basically tantamount to announcing something over a loudspeaker to thousands of people.

Basically, if you don't want it in the public, keep it off the web.

Re: Who is the powerhouse guy in nj (any family) - 09/07/15 01:07 AM

I f'd up.

Turns out Michael Perna is on the friendlist of the guy (Chris D'Arpa) that got into the embarrassing shouting match.

I don't know how I got that mixed up. Heh.

Coincidentally, some of the panellists Gangstereport was on about posted on this article.

Here is what I was on about.

http://www.vice.com/read/what-happened-to-the-american-mafia-712
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET