Home

Favorite Boss?

Posted By: Chicken713

Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 02:43 PM

I'm sure everybody has a LCN boss they looked into the most . The questions I ask to all of y'all is:
Who is your favorite boss of all time? (Mine is Carlo Gambino)
Who is your favorite boss of the decade(2010 and on) /or who are you rooting for to have a long run? (Jack Giacolone for me) ( Jackie )

I'm trying to get through the hours at work with some mob talk lol
Posted By: Oscarthedago

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 03:03 PM

My favorite boss since 2010 would have to be Luigi "Baby Shacks" Manocchio. He was just released from prison and will be on home confinement back on Federal Hill.

My favorite boss of all time: I'd have to say John LaRocca of Pittsburgh, gotta go with my region!

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 03:10 PM

LaRocca I've never heard of him!
About to read up on my Pittsburg LCN history lol thanks for that!

Baby Shacks. I hope that family will last . I've always liked them and, him. Shaking down Strip Clubs was a great idea at the time.

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 03:18 PM

Here are a few links to read up on:

http://www.cosanostranews.com/2013/12/1970s-jfk-probe-brought-legendary.html

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=5h9AAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ZVgMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3004,418494&dq=sebastian+john+larocca+obituary&hl=en

http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/4488473-74/castro-mannarino-cuba#axzz3aDpqIYIw

http://old.post-gazette.com/regionstate/20001106mobnow6.asp

http://old.post-gazette.com/regionstate/20001105greenbank1.asp

http://old.post-gazette.com/obituaries/20031107amatoobit4p4.asp

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/loca...rgh-mob-403907/

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/loca...-region-477879/

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/opin...mobster-338551/

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 03:56 PM

Damn good reads man appreciate the info . Opened up a whole new window for me Lol
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 09:27 PM

Read them all thanks Oscar.

Quote:
Mr. Amato liked Droznek so much that he promised him membership in La Cosa Nostra "if the books ever open up."

That's probably Bs right?
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 10:19 PM

Carmine Galante

Johnathan Gotti (not because he was a good boss but because his saga is legendary and he is interesting for some reason)

Funzi Tieri

Vic and Gas

Vinny Basciano
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 10:24 PM

Vic & Gas were the worst ever...

They ended the game.

Oooofa
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: DuesPaid

They ended the game.

Oooofa

I know, that is exatcly why they are interesting to read about.

I don't find reading about bosses that are so low key you never read of anything.

Also its more like Vic in Gas because they had sex.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Extortion
Originally Posted By: DuesPaid

They ended the game.

Oooofa

I know, that is exatcly why they are interesting to read about.

Agree, I have read about them and enjoyed it also.

I found Casso most interesting when he was a family man and Break in guy, that was good shit, then he got whacky, literally.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 11:18 PM

marcello , trafficante. arcardo.. tommy luc. carlo g. chin..costello.. profaci these guys lasted decades. ran their families like a biz..made a lot of millionairs add these guys up how many years in prison did they spend all together
Posted By: Longislandguy14

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/15/15 11:55 PM

Benny squint

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/16/15 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Read them all thanks Oscar.

Quote:
Mr. Amato liked Droznek so much that he promised him membership in La Cosa Nostra "if the books ever open up."

That's probably Bs right?

Of course.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/16/15 12:10 AM

BENNY FOR SURE

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/16/15 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: bronx
marcello , trafficante. arcardo.. tommy luc. carlo g. chin..costello.. profaci these guys lasted decades. ran their families like a biz..made a lot of millionairs add these guys up how many years in prison did they spend all together

Ahh, the good ole days. Not one single one of those guys had to deal with the RICO ACT. I could make the same point about smaller family bosses like John Scalish, John LaRocca, Jimmy Lanza, Russell Bufalino, Stefano Maggadino and Joe Zerilli. It's very hard to compare mob eras because over time, the laws change and the public is more aware of them. It hasn't been a secret since Joe Valachi. The guys from the 1970's and on had it the toughest, they had to contend with RICO and a much stronger FBI presence. "Most" of the old time bosses ran their crime families like a business, in more traditional rackets as well. It's like trying to compare Peyton Manning to Dan Marino. When Marino played, the game was more brutal, these QB's today have much more protection because of strict rule changes etc. that's my two cents. I'm not saying Gambino wasn't important, but the media has blown up his legacy like he was so smart and brilliant...that's a bunch of shit. A. He married his first cousin (and that's fucking nasty, inbreeding should be punishable by jail time) B. He was aligned with Lucchese because their kids were married and Lucchese truly propelled Gambino's power with the sharing of unions. Funzi Tieri was a better boss than Gambino any day of the week and twice on Sunday...IMO.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/16/15 02:03 AM

As for me the Buffalo mafia has never had the appeal for some but the undertaker Magaddino is worth a mention. He was clearly a brilliant tactician...he fought the Porellos in the 20s in war. A lot of Castallamarese mustache friends were killed but he won. Got involved in all the Commission conflict and picked a side. Involved in the Banana war. That's a lot of gambles...he just had a sixth sense for self preservation and all this from an immigrant who couldn't read.

Russell Bufalino is the boss I have studied the most. But there actually wasn't too much there. He wasn't unique in any way other than his direct connection to congressman Dan Flood, which made him millions. I just wanted to research in to uncharted territory I suppose.

I think I'll have to go with Colombo. There's just so many questions about the IACRL he started. Did he have good but misguided intentions? Was he motivated by vengeance towards the FBI who arrested his son when they couldn't get him? Extortion? What was he thinking? And then the killing and brief war possibly egged on by the wily Don Carlo.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/16/15 09:18 PM

Favorite boss? Vincent Gigante, of course. His whole story in insane (no pun) not to mention he goes back to Vito Genovese. They should make a movie on him already.
Posted By: OC

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/17/15 04:20 AM

@oscarthedago,what does gambino marrying his cousin have to do with his capability as a boss of a cn family?. Nothing. And funzi tieri was one of a few front boss's that the genovese family used (catena,eboli,salerno)to mask the real power in the family from the 60,s on which was Benny squint Lombardo. For me lombordo was the best boss ,as low key as they come.
Posted By: Primo

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/17/15 04:28 AM

For me tony accardo. Genovese family as a whole haha. And patriarca and Bruno. And rizzuto lol.

So yeah a few.
Posted By: Belette

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/17/15 04:34 AM

Originally Posted By: OC
@oscarthedago,what does gambino marrying his cousin have to do with his capability as a boss of a cn family?. Nothing.

Same with the other point, everyone has 0 power without their friends. That's what politics is all about. Climbing up the ladder making the right friends and getting rid of the right enemies. In his time he was the most powerful boss and it doesn't happen by accident. Not in the mob and not in anywhere else in life.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/18/15 05:13 PM

frank Costello was the best boss. no wars under his reign. and everybody made money. you can't do any better than that.

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/18/15 06:07 PM

What about guys still on the street?
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/18/15 07:04 PM

they don't make the money like they used to, and, there is a lot of of snitches out there nowadays.

its really sad the shape that they are in.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/18/15 07:15 PM

My favorite mob boss since I was 3 years old...

Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/22/15 12:04 AM

I would have to say Carlo gambino, Tony accardo, and Frank Costello.
Carlos Marcello gets the runner up.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/22/15 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Chicken713
Who is your favorite boss of all time?

Probably Raymond Patriarca, Carlos Marcello and Vito Rizzuto.

Quote:
Who is your favorite boss of the decade(2010 and on)

Vito Rizzuto

As for "rooting" for bosses, that just ain't my style.
Posted By: rickydelta

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/22/15 12:37 PM

THE Boss of all time Tony Accardo smile

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/22/15 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: OC
@oscarthedago,what does gambino marrying his cousin have to do with his capability as a boss of a cn family?. Nothing. And funzi tieri was one of a few front boss's that the genovese family used (catena,eboli,salerno)to mask the real power in the family from the 60,s on which was Benny squint Lombardo. For me lombordo was the best boss ,as low key as they come.

I didn't say anything about Gambino's incestual ways affecting his ability as a boss. He was a good boss according to what was written on him, but in reality, you have no idea and neither do I. What I was saying was that guys like Gambino and company never had to deal with RICO. If he did, he would have been rotting in prison. I don't believe the media hype John Davis created about Carlo being Boss of all Bosses, I never have and I never will. And I agree with Benny Squint being one of the top bosses. I like Funzi the best though, whether acting boss or street boss, he had clout. Pizzaboy could chime in about Gambino and his thoughts.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/22/15 01:12 PM

Stefano days of our lives. Guy doesn't stay dead. Flipping threw channels he's still alive.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/22/15 01:56 PM

Have to say Vito R. took care of business pretty damn quickly coming out of prison.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Favorite Boss? - 05/22/15 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Stefano days of our lives. Guy doesn't stay dead. Flipping threw channels he's still alive.

lol lol lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET