Home

Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's?

Posted By: TommyGambino

Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 08:06 AM

According to Capeci in Gangland today Joe Saunders is trying to take over the family..
Posted By: mickey2

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 09:48 AM

people still want that chair in 2015..
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: mickey2

And that typically makes the worst bosses.

The best performing ones seem to be the reluctant ones that take it out of duty (ie some of the Genovese semi retired guys)
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 10:48 AM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
According to Capeci in Gangland today Joe Saunders is trying to take over the family..

Two weeks ago he wrote that old man Palazzolo was trying to take over and I said it was bullshit and never gonna happen. I've been saying forever that the Nose is boss in name only and that the power there has shifted out east. And for the record, when the kid that the Nose calls his nephew got his button the Feds found out about it fifteen minutes later. Speaks volumes.

Big chair in the Bonannos? Whoever takes that spot doesn't need a chair, he needs a psychiatrist's couch. The power there shifted to Queens and Long Island a long time ago. The Bronx Bonannos barely exist anymore. But there's an obvious leak there anyway (look what I posted about the Salerno kid's button). You gotta be nuts if you want that job.

And yeah, Capeci will write about anything when it gets quiet these days.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 10:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

The best performing ones seem to be the reluctant ones that take it out of duty (ie some of the Genovese semi retired guys)

On point.
Posted By: Vknicks

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 10:55 AM

The leak could just as easily be in the FBI to Capeci, more relevant their targets are the more important their jobs are, its like the firefighter that burns down houses so he can put them out and be the hero

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Vknicks
The leak could just as easily be in the FBI to Capeci, more relevant their targets are the more important their jobs are, its like the firefighter that burns down houses so he can put them out and be the hero

I never said the leak was in the Bronx. I just said that it's there and that the Feds are finding out overnight when someone gets made. Whether that's because there's a rat or because people are going around bragging about their buttons is irrelevant. The Feds know. That's all that matters.

So my only point was that you have to be crazy to want the top spot in that family today. That, and what I've been saying for years: The Nose will not walk out the Boss. The Bonanno powerbase is no longer in the Bronx. It was only here for a short time anyway.

Massino let Fat Patty and George beef up that crew when he came home in the '90s. And George and Patty were at each other's throats five minutes later. Aside from being a rat, Massino was a shrewd boss. Beefing up the Bronx crew was one of his only tactical mistakes because they were always a distant fourth here to begin with.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Two weeks ago he wrote that old man Palazzolo was trying to take over and I said it was bullshit and never gonna happen.

The two are connected. According to Capeci, "detectives reported that Palazzolo had recently been elevated to Acting Street Boss of the Bonanno family by the imprisoned official boss, Michael (Mikey Nose) Mancuso. The promotion was allegedly a Mancuso bid to thwart a push by a rival faction headed by capo Joseph Cammarano Jr. to take over the crime family."

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Two weeks ago he wrote that old man Palazzolo was trying to take over and I said it was bullshit and never gonna happen.

The two are connected. According to Capeci, "detectives reported that Palazzolo had recently been elevated to Acting Street Boss of the Bonanno family by the imprisoned official boss, Michael (Mikey Nose) Mancuso. The promotion was allegedly a Mancuso bid to thwart a push by a rival faction headed by capo Joseph Cammarano Jr. to take over the crime family."

I didn't read the article. I don't subscribe. But I'll check it out on the other site. I'm sure that Delly must have put it up. But my position about Mancuso and the Bronx faction remains the same.

They're barely here anymore and it's not because they've gone underground. It's because the power in the street has moved out east. So if the two are connected, it's a last ditch effort by the Nose to remain relevant long enough to come home to something.

I've told you before that he's not very well liked, and that's in his own borough. And if he's not well liked in the Bronx, his own backyard, what do you think they think of him out in Queens and Long Island?

But thanks, Ivy. I'll go check out that article smile.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 11:36 AM

Is it true that the Bonannos gave permission to the Genovese to kill Pisciotti and that is why he turned rat?

Kind of off topic, but I'm curious.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 11:47 AM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Is it true that the Bonannos gave permission to the Genovese to kill Pisciotti and that is why he turned rat?

Kind of off topic, but I'm curious.

Well, he didn't turn rat out of fear. He's a piece of shit, but he's not afraid. Not when you consider where he's living today. He's living the good life a little further uptown from where you lived when you were living in Manhattan.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 11:55 AM

PB, I wasn't trying to argue your point was just making an observation, and i do agree they have always been the 4th family in the Bronx, However i guess the question would be if when Nose gets out whos going to take his place as Boss, and also what do they do with all these guys there making in the Bronx, You would think the time for the guys out east to step in woulda been before he started making all these guys

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 11:55 AM

Synergy gyms right?

I joined. Scam artists, no surprise.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 12:02 PM

They didn't even have AC in the summer. It was ridiculous.

Talking about the one on 14th.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 12:13 PM

However i guess the question would be if when Nose gets out whos going to take his place as Boss

The guy who's running it now. And he's not from the Bronx.

You would think the time for the guys out east to step in woulda been before he started making all these guys

It's because they don't see a threat. And that's for a very good reason: A real threat doesn't exist.

Johnnie Joe, who is MUCH more well-liked and respected here, comes home less than two years after Nose. And he has HIS people aligned with Queens. What's that tell you?

You can make a hundred guys and call them a crew, and it doesn't mean anything. The money is out east, and the power is out east. I'm in the Bronx 56 years and in Throggs Neck for 30. If I was some kind of fanboy I'd be saying the opposite.

Bottom line, I don't want to argue with you. Because you've always seemed like a nice young guy and we've had some nice conversations here and in pms. But I see what's happened, and I'm just telling you what's what. The power in that family ain't moving just because that kid and a couple others got their patches.

Queens has the backing of the two strongest crews left in the Bronx (the crews obviously being in other families), and no one's fucking with them. Not when everyone's happy and making money. I'm not posting any more than that. Please respect that and don't ask.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 12:25 PM

On point.

Unrelated but rd is back up and tommy has been promoted.

Hopefully he doesnt end up like the other tommy (in goodfellas) when he was getting "promoted" lol

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 12:28 PM

again i wasnt arguing because like you I live in the Bronx I know plenty of people i also hear whats going on and i wasnt asking bc i thought there would be a power shift it was more along the lines i find it ridiculous that out east they didnt put an end to them making too many guy sin the bronx that probably shouldn't have been

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 12:30 PM

DiFiore

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 12:35 PM

you would think while Nose was in jail is the time to check his power not when he comes home with an ego the size of the bronx

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 12:36 PM

i find it ridiculous that out east they didnt put an end to them making too many guy sin the bronx that probably shouldn't have been

Well, I agree with you. Making those guys was ridiculous. And desperate. But letting it happen speaks to the fact that they don't see a threat. Not when Tommy D has the guy in Tuckahoe and the old man in Country Club watching his back.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 12:42 PM

you would think while Nose was in jail is the time to check his power not when he comes home with an ego the size of the bronx

Well, I understand that point, too. But what if he's been the boss in name only and he just never got the memo? wink

He still has almost three years left. By the time he comes home, he'll either get the message in a hurry or he'll do something stupid and end up regretting it. Regretting it big time.
Posted By: Shamm11375

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 12:50 PM

Is anybody outside of Brooklyn/Gambinos really a boss or have any say about anything unless Crea and Barney say ok?

Doesn't sound like it ha

It looks to me like there really are only 3 families and that anybody with any real earning power really only have it if certain guys are ok with it.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 01:24 PM

It actually seems like a smart move for the Bonanno guys.

Let the Feds and whoever else think Mikey is boss, and then tell him to go fuck himself when he's out of the can.

That said, as PB mentioned before, the Bonannos are just fucked in general. Everyone knows who is made the second they get their button. They must have a high level informant.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 01:26 PM

Compare that to the Westside, where no one even knows who is the true boss, and it is night and day.

The Bonnanos/Colombos are more akin to what is left in Philly than they are to the Westside, Gambinos and Lukes, it seems. Could be wrong though. I obviously don't know any of these guys personally.

PB, is your PM open?
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 03:11 PM

Who is acting for Mancuso? I know officially it was DiFiore but is there someone else?

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 03:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Extortion
Who is acting for Mancuso that has been previously unknown. I know officially it was DiFiore but is there someone else?

Tommy's at Fort Dix, very close to home. That place is a revolving door of short-timers. In short, getting messages out is very easy. So there are undoubtedly several "go-betweens," but I wouldn't call any of them "acting boss."
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 03:22 PM

Why is that people underestimate the Bonnanos and Colombos just because their leadership got put away or is incompetent. I mean all the captains and the crews are still earning and if they need to do a piece of work or a new deal how likely is it they would need to go all the way up to the boss if it is hard and takes too long to reach them?

They have more than 100 made guys and a lot of them are still on the street its not like they just disapeared. The crimes are still happening, I don't think any real serious damage is done unless there is a sweeping indictment that throws a majority of them in prison and even at that point they'd still be a formidable size.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 03:30 PM

Why is that people underestimate the Bonnanos and Colombos just because their leadership got put away or is incompetent. I mean all the captains and the crews are still earning and if they need to do a piece of work or a new deal how likely is it they would need to go all the way up to the boss if it is hard and takes too long to reach them?

They have more than 100 made guys and a lot of them are still on the street its not like they just disapeared. The crimes are still happening, I don't think any real serious damage is done unless there is a sweeping indictment that throws a majority of them in prison and even at that point they'd still be a formidable size.

It's not that they're underestimated. It's just that the dropoff between the Luccheses (who are third, yet tied for first in the Bronx and Westchester) and the Bonannos/Colombos is very a big one.

The Luccheses (again, calling them third overall) have much more influence and money than the Bonannos and the Colombos. They're a behemoth in construction with a couple dozen construction millionaires in the family. But it doesn't mean that the Colombos and the Bonannos are done. It's just that the gap is a big one.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 03:47 PM

PB. How big would you say the gap is between the Westside & Gambino's?

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 03:49 PM

Not as big as most people probably think. But it's still there.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 03:55 PM

Yeah. The gaps probably closed a bit now they have capable leaders, and a lot of the Gotti supporters are out of power.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 03:59 PM

Yeah. The gaps probably closed a bit now they have capable leaders, and a lot of the Gotti supporters are out of power.

Right. If it wasn't for the Jersey Waterfront and the Laborers, I'd probably call it a draw. But those are two VERY important factors. But blue collar and on the street, they're almost equal.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 04:07 PM

Right. If it wasn't for the Jersey Waterfront and the Laborers, I'd probably call it a draw. But those are two VERY important factors. But blue collar and on the street, they're almost equal.

Let's keep it going, how close is the gap between the Luchesse and Gambinos

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 04:11 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Let's keep it going, how close is the gap between the Luchesse and Gambinos

About a quarter mile tongue.

It's a sucjective question. But in my opinion, it's not as big as the gap between the Luccheses and the Bonannos. That's the only way I can really explain it.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 04:12 PM

Bit of an unfair comparison is Lukes-Gambino's. There half the size, but in terms of stability on par for sure, and that's what really counts.
Posted By: Belette

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 04:15 PM

Sorry, OT. Pizzaboy, I understand you're from East Harlem originally and love NY history. Have you read a book called "A Sicilian in East Harlem" by Salvatore Mondello? Just bought it from google play 2 days ago and been reading it for a little project of mine.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Belette
Sorry, OT. Pizzaboy, I understand you're from East Harlem originally and love NY history. Have you read a book called "A Sicilian in East Harlem" by Salvatore Mondello? Just bought it from google play 2 days ago and been reading it for a little project of mine.

My father's from East Harlem. My parents moved to the Bronx a year after they were married, just before I was born. But I spent half my life on Pleasant Avenue because my grandparents lived there until they both died, and my Dad is still very active on the Giglio committee.

The Giglio is the Feast sponsored out of Mount Carmel on 116th Street. It gets smaller and shorter every year. There are almost zero Italians left in East Harlem today.

I've never seen the book. But I'll check it out. Thanks.
Posted By: Belette

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 04:36 PM

Yes the book goes into all of that. The guy is a Professor Emeritus in Rochester Institute of Technology nowadays, but he grew up on 107th str. He's a little bit before your time I believe, but if you get the book in your hands I'd be especially interested in hearing your comments about the racketeers of 107th street chapter. It's one of those neighborhood boss type of things and I'm not sure what family he's talking about. The first guys he mentions are actually camorrista, but that was not his time.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 04:59 PM

So the real Bonanno boss is in jail and he assigns someone as acting boss so that a rival faction doesn't try and take over the family?

This all sounds soooo familiar.
Remember to check the closets!
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 05:09 PM

True that ,but that life like any job takes know how.And in order for the soldiers to get good at what they do, they need the old heads that have to teach them this thing.(if they can stay out on the street)
The Colombo's went through the wars and Scarpa !!!
The Bonnano's went through Massino flipping and bringing down most around him.
And before that they almost made a fucking Fed...Donnie Brasco how does a guy that nobody knows make it into a family ?and a name like that should have gotten him shot ...

That life is ten times harder to make it now then back in the day,and to find level headed smart guys to build the thing...

The life takes time and long periods of no indictments and interference to build .

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 05:16 PM

^^^^
Those are all solid points by Serp. Combine that with what I said and you have your answer. Which is, again, it's not that they're "done." It's just that there's a very big drop off between the Luccheses and the Bonannos/Colombos.
Posted By: DB

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 05:46 PM

I guess I have some bias but IMO the Luchesse have always been strong outside Vic years. Tremendous earners and learned the union game right with the WS, those families might as well be one . Many of those old school Harlem luchesse were as tight with Vito as guys in his family and he did tons of drug biz with them

I agree Gambinos have gotten strong with almost no talk , remind u of anyone ?
Personally tho I haven't heard much in NJ but my NY cousins say otherwise . Maybe they conceded NJ to WS and Ls?

No clue on Bonannos but I hear the remaining Columbo guys are in better shape than you think , more construction and some behind scenes shot callers

That's a great point PB on waterfront and labores but I suspect ( just a guess ) there is another are they are pretty good in

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 05:50 PM

No doubt PB, and even worse then most know, and if I was to say it I could not back it up ,but yea a big drop off....

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
That's a great point PB on waterfront and labores but I suspect ( just a guess ) there is another are they are pretty good in

I know what you're talking about. But the roof is about to fall in on recycling in Jersey, and it's going to take a bite out of the garbage when it happens. The Feds want to regulate recycling, and they're going to get their way. The guys you're talking about are aware it's coming, and they're willing to concede it to keep the pressure off them in the other areas. And like I said, once they regulate the recycling, they'll be keeping a closer eye on sanitation. Especially now that the Teamsters' restrictions have been lifted (which won't make a bit of difference because Hoffa Junior's babysitters are almost as bad as the Feds).

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: DB
I guess I have some bias but IMO the Luchesse have always been strong outside Vic years. Tremendous earners and learned the union game right with the WS, those families might as well be one . Many of those old school Harlem luchesse were as tight with Vito as guys in his family and he did tons of drug biz with them

I agree Gambinos have gotten strong with almost no talk , remind u of anyone ?
Personally tho I haven't heard much in NJ but my NY cousins say otherwise . Maybe they conceded NJ to WS and Ls?

No clue on Bonannos but I hear the remaining Columbo guys are in better shape than you think , more construction and some behind scenes shot callers

I can not go into the construction end, and the things that are going on right now in the Colombo family but you are right on and it is not just in the city, they are up and down the tri state and more..

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 06:02 PM

What I was saying ,is that they were in worse shape then most think.
I don't mean the posters on here(well most) ,but in the regular world they think all these guys are swimming in money ,and that was and is far from the case..
Posted By: short841

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 06:28 PM

Which mob families are into recycling? My dad owned the biggest plant here in the uk, thank god he didn't have it in New Jersey :L
Posted By: pmac

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 06:46 PM

My 2cents this guy Joe c has a beef like he grew up in the life father was well respected how the hell did a guy get the chair well in prison doing 15yrs. Like the lcn rules actually did make it survive as it does today a course all the rules get broke but there there. Like you don't touch another made guy so if there's a chuck zito in the family he can't just wip everyone's ass and say I'm boss. And the bonanno must know that them fighting each other only makes the other family's stronger and them loose face. So I'm sure the other 4 family's will all surport a different factions well they keep the eye on the prize. All the shit about someone high up in the bonannos is informant is bs. The feds have all the resources in the world they could be knowing whose getting made by another member in another family.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 06:48 PM

Like chin meets with Vic and gas and won't wrongnize 10 knew guys they made cause he didn't sign off so the other families arnt gonna respect these guys with out the proper protocol that was around in the fucked up 90tys.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 07:34 PM

Look at the last Bonanno bust. Have high end guys involved in selling Viagra pills. That's why people say they aren't close to the Westside, just not nearly as sophisticated. In my opinion, obviously.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 08:07 PM

Look at the last Bonanno bust. Have high end guys involved in selling Viagra pills. That's why people say they aren't close to the Westside, just not nearly as sophisticated. In my opinion, obviously.

Please. At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, it's like comparing the Yankees to the Padres as franchises.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 08:11 PM

Yaeh but the. Family's been holding on to the union rackets since the beginning of time massino ended all activity in the unions so today the rest of the family has nothing to stand on. But they have joint gambling with all the family's. For what ever its worth mike nose was firmly in control of certin shit in the festival that probaly run today by another family. Wasn't like the guy didn't know anything. I'm sure if he was out tomorrow he'd make half the Bronx and every guy who can get there button in the other family's. On the union thing again the Colombos held onto there bk and island thing tight threw all there in fighting.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Yaeh but the. Family's been holding on to the union rackets since the beginning of time massino ended all activity in the unions so today the rest of the family has nothing to stand on.

We're talking about TODAY. And TODAY, the drop off between the Luccheses and the Bonannos is steeper than the one between the Patriots and the Jets grin.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 08:25 PM

My money is on Queens, Vito Grimaldi. I don't think the Jersey faction can be on par with Brooklyn and Queens at this point. My two cents.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 08:37 PM

I wonder where the jets a going now Winston and Hawaii just went 1 2 sticking with black geno.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 08:38 PM

I wonder where the jets a going now Winston and Hawaii just went 1 2 sticking with black geno.

I'm a Giants fan, so I couldn't care less. But I knew you'd get a kick out of that analogy lol.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 10:44 PM

Good pick for the Jets, pmac. Figured you for a Pats guy, though. You love Patriarca, don't you? Haha.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 10:45 PM

again i wasnt arguing because like you I live in the Bronx I know plenty of people i also hear whats going on and i wasnt asking bc i thought there would be a power shift it was more along the lines i find it ridiculous that out east they didnt put an end to them making too many guy sin the bronx that probably shouldn't have been

Check your pm when you see this post, pal smile.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 10:57 PM

PB, hit me up with a PM when you get a chance.
Posted By: tt120

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 11:47 PM

when you say queens bonannos where (or better yet who) are you talking about? middle village? howard beach? i wonder if they had more than 1 crew out in howard beach. i always thought staten island was their real power base.

also not that it means anything PB but i think that PJ guy lives in jersey and just has or had a stake in that gym on the upper east side. place hasnt looked like its been doing well since the subway construction started. i heard crunch is buying up a lot of smaller gyms now too

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 11:53 PM

There are a bunch of Synergys around. The one uptown near second ave closed a while ago. But I know the one on 14th and 3rd only opened maybe two years ago, so they must be doing something right (like fucking people over).

Also see NYSC sports club expanding. I know they have been building one on A down near 6th or so for the last couple of years. I guess if yours can charge $100 a month and people still come, you might as well keep opening them up.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 11:59 PM

another synergy opened on Mulberry in the past few years as well.

NYSC isnt bad. they are one of the few who dont give you a "lifetime membership" when you sign a year contract lol. when my contract was up and i wanted out, i was never charged again, i was actually surprised, kind of prepared to battle with them over bullshit charges. they're introducing a new pricing model now...$19.99 a month for certain locations.

gyms are one of those businesses that do better when they're empty (as long as they lock people into those year contracts). they're probably banking on people saying "$20? why the fuck not" and having them get lazy after a month or two.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 04/30/15 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: tt120
also not that it means anything PB but i think that PJ guy lives in jersey and just has or had a stake in that gym on the upper east side.

He has an apartment in Gramercy in one of the newer high-rises. Big money, too. That's a fact. He may live in Jersey, too. But if he does, it just speaks even more to the fact that he just doesn't give a shit.

Queens Faction: Tommy and Vito. The end.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 12:06 AM

damn... he must have made some money in his day then. jesus

have you seen the cosanostranews articles about the supposed bonanno mole/snitch? some pretty serious allegations there

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 12:28 AM

have you seen the cosanostranews articles about the supposed bonanno mole/snitch? some pretty serious allegations there

I don't read his site. And it has nothing to do with our "feud." You know, every time I rip one of his rats' stories to shreds and he cries about it over there.

The reason I don't log on is because of all the pop-ups and malware. He has THE most low-rent advertisers that I've ever seen. Speaks volumes about his credibility.
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 01:36 AM

when you say queens bonannos where (or better yet who) are you talking about? middle village? howard beach? i wonder if they had more than 1 crew out in howard beach. i always thought staten island was their real power base.

also not that it means anything PB but i think that PJ guy lives in jersey and just has or had a stake in that gym on the upper east side. place hasnt looked like its been doing well since the subway construction started. i heard crunch is buying up a lot of smaller gyms now too

I get what you are saying. The Gambinos are much more obvious in Queens. Trying to think of some Bonanno crews in Queens:

The Asaro crew on Linden Blvd. in Ozone Park is one. Whatever is left of Baldo Amato's crew in Ridgewood. I imagine Maspeth and middle village have some remaining Bonanno's from the Massino/Vitale days.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 02:26 AM

There are a bunch of Synergys around. The one uptown near second ave closed a while ago. But I know the one on 14th and 3rd only opened maybe two years ago, so they must be doing something right (like fucking people over).

Also see NYSC sports club expanding. I know they have been building one on A down near 6th or so for the last couple of years. I guess if yours can charge $100 a month and people still come, you might as well keep opening them up.

Wanna know how old I'm getting? I had a Bally's membership from when they were Jack LaLanne. Thirty years. And they fucked me because they sold their Florida gyms to one corporation and their New York gyms to another. Being a dual resident these past years, I naturally had the package that allowed me to visit any location. I'm in limbo now anyway. But soon enough I have to join two gyms. Because I tried the L.A. Fitness in Florida, and I left nauseous.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
My money is on Queens, Vito Grimaldi. I don't think the Jersey faction can be on par with Brooklyn and Queens at this point. My two cents.

You mean Long island & Queens?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 03:28 PM

From what I can tell, while I would put the Luccheses ahead of the Colombos and Bonannos, they are still closer to those two families than they are to the Genovese or the Gambinos. Of course, any of the three smaller NY families are still a much bigger operation than any family remaining outside NY. You can't compare Philadelphia to even the weakest NY family. To put it in perspective, you could take all the remaining LCN members outside the Northeast and it would equal the size of the smallest NY family.

The Gambinos are a strong #2 and still rival the Genovese in terms of size. But what really makes the Genovese the top family in the country, besides being one of the two largest families and their obvious emphasis on discipline and secrecy, is the fact they control the largest bookmaking and loansharking rings in the NY metropolitan area and have the most labor union clout and involvement in legitimate industries remaining.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 04:00 PM

Speaking for myself here.

Funny how the Genovese are traditionally considered the strongest and largest crime family, yet if you had to name capos or soldiers it would take longer to come up with a list of names than it would their peers.

Maybe it's because the Gambino's had the Gotti family, the Lucchese's had Goodfellas, Casso and the reckless bloodshed that led to the Kubecka/Barstow murders, the Colombo's had the Gallo's and the Persico dynasty and the Bonanno's had Donnie Brasco and Massino ratting.

Colombo's aside - with the Genovese, there would be no pull that would drive in a layman mob enthusiast to look up more, quite like there would be with the Gambino's, Lucchese's and Bonanno's.

And if you did look up more, it's all Gigante.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
From what I can tell, while I would put the Luccheses ahead of the Colombos and Bonannos, they are still closer to those two families than they are to the Genovese or the Gambinos. Of course, any of the three smaller NY families are still a much bigger operation than any family remaining outside NY. You can't compare Philadelphia to even the weakest NY family. To put it in perspective, you could take all the remaining LCN members outside the Northeast and it would equal the size of the smallest NY family.

The Gambinos are a strong #2 and still rival the Genovese in terms of size. But what really makes the Genovese the top family in the country, besides being one of the two largest families and their obvious emphasis on discipline and secrecy, is the fact they control the largest bookmaking and loansharking rings in the NY metropolitan area and have the most labor union clout and involvement in legitimate industries remaining.

That's because the current administration hasn't been indicted yet. It seems clear they are involved in sophisticated construction rackets.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Funny how the Genovese are traditionally considered the strongest and largest crime family, yet if you had to name capos or soldiers it would take longer to come up with a list of names than it would their peers.

And you think the former statement is mutually exclusive of the latter? wink

That secrecy is one of the main reasons that they lead the pack. There are at least half-a-dozen made guys in that family (and I'm talking about in the Bronx/Westchester faction alone) whose names are yet to appear on an official government chart. You're not gonna find it on Google, either smile.
Posted By: Longislandguy14

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

I think I read once that Vito grimaldis daughter is married to Joe cammarano jr. Interesting

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 06:14 PM

Guy was in the navy or something and had Clarence to secret gov shit. He used that at his bail hearing. So this guys super respected how the hell did mike nose get voted in as boss. I guess rustelli did it from jail and massino so its been done before in that family but after massino getting outed as rat shit. I would think persico and the other bosses diffently have a say whose in charge of a 100 made guys after there boss who had them up to 150 guys around 2000 calls shots. Lcn is still more sofistacated then any other crime group in american plainly cause its made up of white guys.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 06:16 PM

That secrecy is one of the main reasons that they lead the pack. There are at least half-a-dozen made guys in that family (and I'm talking about in the Bronx/Westchester faction alone) whose names are yet to appear on an official government chart. You're not gonna find it on Google, either smile.

The Feds must at least know who they are, maybe they don't know they are made. I mean, its 2015. They must, right? Just spitballing here.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 06:25 PM

Speaking of construction. What's the deal with Big D Cefalu in that Montreal construction company, can't remember much of Capeci's article on it but said Big D earns tens of millions. Wonder if it's legit or not, maybe tied in with the Sicilians in Montreal.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 06:31 PM

For anyone familiar with Fairfield County, the Big D is the best fast food burger around.

Sorry, Tommy, offtopic. But when I get a chance to talk about Duchess (the best fucking fast food in America), I take it.

Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 06:35 PM

The Feds must at least know who they are, maybe they don't know they are made. I mean, its 2015. They must, right? Just spitballing here.

Of course, and they're probably listed as associates. But I've never seen their names show up as made guys on any of the official charts. And two of them have been made since the early 2000's.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 06:37 PM

Of course, and they're probably listed as associates. But I've never seen their names show up as made guys on any of the official charts. And two of them have been made since the early 2000's.

Honest question, when is the last time the Gov't made a new chart? I remember they made one for the 2007 Lucchese bust, I think. They made some kind of chart, anyway.

And what the HELL is going on with that trial?? It's going to be a DECADE soon. That is just absolutely ridiculous to me. We're halfway through 2015! (Which is crazy to think about in its own right)

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 06:38 PM

Actually, they must have made a bunch during the big 2011 roundup. Right?
Posted By: cheech

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 06:57 PM

For anyone familiar with Fairfield County, the Big D is the best fast food burger around.

Sorry, Tommy, offtopic. But when I get a chance to talk about Duchess (the best fucking fast food in America), I take it.

Please tell me someone knows what I'm talking about.

I work across the street from a Dutchess in new haven

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:06 PM

Honest question, when is the last time the Gov't made a new chart? I remember they made one for the 2007 Lucchese bust, I think. They made some kind of chart, anyway.

Duly noted, and a fair point. But there are always lots of charts floating around these sites that turn out to be incorrect. One of them had Dean DePreta listed as a made guy a few years ago. I told the chart maker that he wasn't, and I was just scoffed at.

Fast forward a few years, when Dean was indicted as an associate, and said chart maker had to alter the chart. But he never got around to admitting that I was right. Cheech can attest to this.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:06 PM

That Lucchese bust is unreal. 8 years and still nothing, Madonna is running around as 2nd in command of the family, Joey Dee will die in his bed, lucky guy.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:07 PM

Duly noted, and a fair point. But there are always lots of charts floating around these sites that turn out to be incorrect. One of them had Dean DePreta listed as a made guy a few years ago. I told the chart maker that he wasn't, and I was just scoffed off.

Fast forward a few years, when Dean was indicted as an associate and said chart maker altered the chart. But he never got around to admitting that I was right. Cheech can attest to this.

Pogo?

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:09 PM

Duly noted, and a fair point. But there are always lots of charts floating around these sites that turn out to be incorrect. One of them had Dean DePreta listed as a made guy a few years ago. I told the chart maker that he wasn't, and I was just scoffed off.

Fast forward a few years, when Dean was indicted as an associate and said chart maker altered the chart. But he never got around to admitting that I was right. Cheech can attest to this.

That's the guy from Hamden? Or Stamford?

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:09 PM

Joey Dee will die in his bed, lucky guy.

He looks like death on a plate. I get what you mean, but he's not so lucky in the other regard.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:11 PM

Better than prison. Shit, he'd probably already be dead.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:18 PM

Duly noted, and a fair point. But there are always lots of charts floating around these sites that turn out to be incorrect. One of them had Dean DePreta listed as a made guy a few years ago. I told the chart maker that he wasn't, and I was just scoffed at.

Fast forward a few years, when Dean was indicted as an associate, and said chart maker had to alter the chart. But he never got around to admitting that I was right. Cheech can attest to this.

A 100% dead on.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:19 PM

Not Hamden MH. That's where I'm from. On the New Haven line on Dixwell/Lexington if you know it.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:27 PM

DePreta. Sounds like a pretzel joint.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:34 PM

That's the guy from Hamden? Or Stamford?

Stamford, every day of his life. Except for the 2000 or so days that he's spent in Federal prisons so far.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:53 PM

No one from Hamden was in that bust. It's where the poker club was for all of 5 minutes.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:54 PM

On point as usual PB

My guess is you know 10x as much as me but I have several friends that working the industry by where I live and it's a little Bigger than recycling but I get your point .

They should just stop stealing the shit so it doesn't bring heat and just do their normal thing. I'm not even sure there is big $ in garbage anymore as they lost that huge inflated mob tax that was literally 30-40m pure profit to the families . There is no big tax in NJ or CT for that matter but what still drives me nuts is these guys are paid to settle territory disputes and broker for more business , this is legit shit , I can't see it going away anytime soon as their service is needed . Feds instead of locking up a job every politician does , develop a dispute resolution system.

Now there are some garbage stuff that is much more lucrative but PB has brought it up here

Also don't forget those carpenters

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 07:55 PM

DePreta. Sounds like a pretzel joint.

When he gets home you can tell him that.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:05 PM

Cheech, not really. A little far from me. Im more Southwest. I did drive a bit over there when I was working an area around there.

That poker game wasn't a mainstay there? It was part of the indictment, right?

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:08 PM

Mainstay. Not floating if that's what you mean. Yes part of the indictment. It was a really bad idea and one of the reasons it didn't work out in the long run.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:10 PM

Cheech, not really. A little far from me. Im more Southwest. I did drive a bit over there when I was working an area around there.

That poker game wasn't a mainstay there? It was part of the indictment, right?

Most useless bust in the history of District of Connecticut/United States District Court.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:12 PM

The far majority never even seen a made guy

It made for a nice headline.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
The far majority never even seen a made guy

Sounds like these boards lol.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:15 PM

Agree serp and it's not just construction. Again tho this is 2nd and 3rd hand to me , you I think have a much better feel .

And again a lot of this stuff is legit business . For all their faults the Persicos have a shit ton of money they got over the years to invest in legit deals

Thats why we should all be careful as PB or others in the know may talk about a lot of today's top mobsters like Crea and big guy but a lot of their business are legit , why do u think it's so hard to get them, they are somehow only guilty of influencing civilian biz deals that every politician does with lobbyist. Maybe they get a small cut of gaming but I wouldn't be surprised if they let their blue collar guys just earn with how much construction Union and garbage coming in ( legit ) and that blue collar crew has huge market share in NYC CT North and South Jersey and I even here philly is an area they are growing for gambling

Why our govt spends $1 on generally non violent gambling , sharking and construction , Union , Gargbage alliances over our putrid politicians voting almost entirely based upon what lobbyist contributed money, with almost no regard for what's best for this country . I have nothing vs Israel or Saudis but they bought our congress and as a result we are in a never ending war because of thier $, they realized what really drives our govt , for no benefit outside of biz for Northrup Gunman General Dynamics etc

One day a time will come that the real criminals , the big banker and power brokers will get called out for their actions . That 99% crowd that was next to my office at least started bringing attention to the issue even tho they were terribly organized and malfunctioned

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:16 PM

We can talk more PB on garbage when the PM whackos take a break

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:25 PM

According to some posters, you are not allowed to count made guys that have not been identified as such by the feds.

whistle

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:27 PM

And what the HELL is going on with that trial?? It's going to be a DECADE soon. That is just absolutely ridiculous to me. We're halfway through 2015! (Which is crazy to think about in its own right)

Operation heat? It has been that long? Damn.

Didn't they seize cars, houses, and bank accounts? So they just been holding onto it all this time?

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:34 PM

Didn't they seize cars, houses, and bank accounts? So they just been holding onto it all this time?

A couple of the bookmakers still have frozen assets and liens of up to one million dollars. Bookmakers!

I don't know how you'd go about looking that up. But I'm sure there's a way. But I know for a fact that it's true.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:37 PM

You not been on the other site for a while PB? Check you're PM

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:39 PM

He's not PM. He's PB.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:40 PM

A couple of the bookmakers still have frozen assets and liens of up to one million dollars. Bookmakers!

I don't know how you'd go about looking that up. But I'm sure there's a way. But I know for a fact that it's true.

That's crazy. Money that has not been legitimately deemed as being earned illegally being held for a DECADE.

Really, right now it should be their money to do with what they please. If the feds levy a fine AFTER being found guilty, then fine.

Fucking feds can do whatever they want.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:43 PM

He's not PM. He's PB.

Yet to find any of you're jokes funny, Moe. And you crack about 10 a day on here.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:44 PM

Surprised no1 flipped from the 2007 Luke bust, a lot of lower level guys are getting hurt because of it.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:47 PM

He's not PM. He's PB.

Yet to find any of you're jokes funny, Moe. And you crack about 10 a day on here.

That was a bad one. I figured he was drunk instead of a joke attempt. lol

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:48 PM

It was supposed to be bad.

"you're PM".
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:50 PM

That's crazy. Money that has not been legitimately deemed as being earned illegally being held for a DECADE.

Really, right now it should be their money to do with what they please. If the feds levy a fine AFTER being found guilty, then fine.

yes, the IRS the FBI, and any government agency can freeze your bank account just by entering the bank and flashing gov. ID, and, so can any state freeze your bank account, and, its up to you to prove their wrong.

this is a violation of your constitutional rights, but, the government makes their own rules, and people are getting the shaft,

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:51 PM

It's a nice kind of karmic justice though, Binnie, considering the ways these mob guys bilk money out of desperate people.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

yes, the IRS the FBI, and any government agency can freeze your bank account just by entering the bank and flashing gov. ID, and, so can any state freeze your bank account, and, its up to you to prove their wrong.

this is a violation of your constitutional rights, but, the government makes their own rules, and people are getting the shaft,

It is complete bullshit the power some govt agencies have

Checks and balances?

WHERE???

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 08:59 PM

It's a nice kind of karmic justice though, Binnie, considering the ways these mob guys bilk money out of desperate people.

What about the way the government bilks us for 30 percent of our hard earned money every year?

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 09:04 PM

Bookmakers bilk money out of desperate people? If those desperate people won they'd want there money though, rights?

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 09:07 PM

It was a bullshit trumped up gambling, loansharking charge and Finance for prison contraband , good $ tho lol

Most of the kids on that list were freaking gambling agents , really Feds ? And they trashed and I mean trashed civilian businesses to try and find the monster case that wasn't there and these poor low level kids to be front page of time mag, really

Now they got some players but those guys will never touch a phone again or drive a car without a check and general countersurvialiance , they are ghosts now , Perna, Ceta were some of the main soldier type gets .

This bust disrupted nothing and probably got rid of the weak links as a few low levels flipped . Around the time of this bust up to 2010-11 these guys had one of the biggest oxy ring operations , we are talking millions upon millions of pills and profits , big time dope money .

Monster earnings , prob why Ducks loved them as they had tons of hitters and although word is they didn't have to kick up a big chunk ( ala WS) they expanded territory , shit them and Philly almost went to war for real and with them under the Luchesse flag got gambling and shark in line where it probably can't be brought down

I heard this would of plead out awhile ago but the prosecutor is being a dick and not offering Vito a plea from his 15 year threatened sentence so it will string out as long as he sees fit, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear things start heating back up again after Michael gets back and is brought up to speed. What will be real interesting is how / if Tacetta falls into line as IMO it's isn't theirs anymore and the other guys brought in a ton of $ from a lot of things over along period . Highly doubt you see a rat soldier from that crew for awhile

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 09:19 PM

Bookmakers bilk money out of desperate people? If those desperate people won they'd want there money though, rights?

It's ok for Vegas? Casinos? Scratch offs? Lotto machines?

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 09:22 PM

U can't even pull into the corner store cause there just sitting there scratching their tickets losing and walking back in. Bookmakers are the least of societies problems. When's the last time you read someone getting killed or beaten real bad over a mob related gambling debt or a gambling debt in general? If people don't pay they egg cut off and word gets around faster than you can come up with a stupid joke, moe.
Do some of the mob guys bilk hard earned people out of money? Yes. But there's just some bookmakers on there scraping by with their assets froze without being guilty as of yet? Is that fair?

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 09:29 PM

Ma got 30$ tickets I love em. I'm a idiot. Tomarows the derby I'll pick up the back of the post and make a uneducated guess. My brothers gonna go down Mohegan. Busy weekend.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 09:31 PM

honestly bookmakers aren't victimizing their clients... these people seek out people to take their action..no one is forcing them to place wagers... they provide a service, one that shouldn't even be a crime.. typical the government can make billions off gambling but some guy with a quarter sheet barley making $ gets charged with rico

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 09:57 PM

My heart bleeds, cheech..

I am very sympathetic to the plight of the mob affiliated bookmaker.

Where is Gloria Allred when you need her?

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 10:42 PM

Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/01/15 11:59 PM

U can't even pull into the corner store cause there just sitting there scratching their tickets losing and walking back in. Bookmakers are the least of societies problems. When's the last time you read someone getting killed or beaten real bad over a mob related gambling debt or a gambling debt in general? If people don't pay they egg cut off and word gets around faster than you can come up with a stupid joke, moe.
Do some of the mob guys bilk hard earned people out of money? Yes. But there's just some bookmakers on there scraping by with their assets froze without being guilty as of yet? Is that fair?

no it isn't fair, no agency state, or federal should be able to freeze your bank account. that needs to stop.

but, I have not seen anyone in congress stand up and stop the bastards that rob your money, they are all gutless.
Posted By: kw

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 03:24 PM

I don't mean to throw peoples name out, but I was wondering does Sal Montagna have relatives with the Bonannos, father, brother, etc that are players in the underworld?

Just curious, thats all...

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 04:52 PM

was also wondering when them guys in montreal go to trial for ironmans murder been like 4 5 years. die of old age. firlelane carpe diem tencendur. int superstar was scracthed.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 05:02 PM

was also wondering when them guys in montreal go to trial for ironmans murder been like 4 5 years. die of old age. firlelane carpe diem tencendur. int superstar was scracthed.

What's the difference? It's Canada. They'll get ten years. Tops. That's the main reason why there aren't any rats up there. That and the fact that the Italians in Canada aren't nearly as assimilated as they are here in the States.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 05:29 PM

My heart bleeds, cheech..

I am very sympathetic to the plight of the mob affiliated bookmaker.

Where is Gloria Allred when you need her?

Moe, the only reason bookmaking is illegal is because the government isn't making money off it. So get off your high moral horse. If you think it's illegal because they think it's morally wrong then you're delusional.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 05:31 PM

We will just have to agree to disagree on that, Nicky.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 07:12 PM

Serious question: Is gambling big in Ireland? I know that horse racing (and horse breeding in general) is huge over there. Not to mention soccer.

Because here in New York, I can tell you with one hundred percent certainty that Irish Americans not only love to gamble, but half the old time bookmakers in the Bronx were Irish. Especially around the Woodlawn/Bainbridge/Norwood area.

Now these were dynamite guys (just in case you think I was headed in a different direction with this post). So I'm just wondering, do you have a problem with bookmakers for personal reasons?

Because the Irish in New York sure as Hell love to gamble. I've stood shoulder to shoulder with many an Irishman here in Throggs Neck pubs watching horse races and sporting events that we had a "common interest" in wink.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 07:19 PM

Serious question: Is gambling big in Ireland? I know that horse racing (and horse breeding in general) is huge over there. Not to mention soccer.

Because here in New York, I can tell you with one hundred percent certainty that Irish Americans not only love to gamble, but half the old time bookmakers in the Bronx were Irish. Especially around the Woodlawn/Bainbridge/Norwood area.

Now these were dynamite guys (just in case you think I was headed in a different direction with this post). So I'm just wondering, do you have a problem with bookmakers for personal reasons?

Because the Irish in New York sure as Hell love to gamble. I've stood shoulder to shoulder with many an Irishman here in Throggs Neck pubs watching horse races and sporting events that we had a "common interest" in wink.

How'd you do on the race today PB

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 07:20 PM

^^^^
Case in point: Today was the Kentucky Derby. You couldn't get near any of the Irish bars in the neighborhood today. Standing room only.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
How'd you do on the race today PB

I broke even because Firing Line paid a decent price to place ($8.40). But if he held on it would have been a MUCH nicer day wink.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 07:34 PM

In case you were wondering PB, sports betting is legal where I live and it's HUGE. There's a bookmaker (we call them "Lotto's") around every corner and bets start at 1$ level until 5000$ limit. They're legal but with a huge gambling tax. The ones with powerful government people as silent partners don't even pay the tax, so they can raise the odds and put their rivals almost out of business.

People mainly bet on soccer but there's a minority that bet on other sports, along with the dog or horse races. Everybody loves to bet a little, myself included. I've been lucky so in grand total I'm ahead in profit. Gambling comes with its own set of problems but if you don't let it control your life it can be a fun way to spend some time and make a little money. I know I have a much better day when I win 100$ or so... hell, even when I only win 20-30$. It's mostly about the rush and drink afterwards.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 07:42 PM

@ Malandrino

Some of the Albanians here in the Bronx are real bangers (just an expression for a guy who's not afraid to make a large wager). So I'm not surprised.

And the Chinese? Fuggetaboutit (And I hate using that silly word). But they'll bet on anything. Point being, most cultures love to gamble.

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 09:11 PM

I've been to Ireland 12-14 times in my life, but I was never taken aback by the levels of gamgbling.

I mean, it's certainly around. But it's around everywhere. Is there any ethic group that really hates gambling? Not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely curious.
Posted By: yigido

Re: Joe Cammarano Jr trying to take over Bonanno's? - 05/02/15 09:21 PM

I've been to Ireland 12-14 times in my life, but I was never taken aback by the levels of gamgbling.

I mean, it's certainly around. But it's around everywhere. Is there any ethic group that really hates gambling? Not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely curious.
I don't think so to be honest. I come from a Turkish/Muslim background and we love to gamble also. Most of the illegal gambling in the Netherlands -where I live- is even dominated by Muslims. Gambling is legal in the Netherlands and I don't know why but Turks prefer to gamble illegally, I never understood that.

And also in Turkey gambling is a big thing even though you might think differently because of the religion.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET