Home

Salvatore Testa's House

Posted By: NickyScarfo

Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 07:28 AM

I have always been fascinated with Savie Testa for some reason. Anyway was watching a pretty good docu on youtube 'mob hitmen' about the Philly wars, and when it talked about the Testa murder, it showed what I guess was his house, a really small yellow brick building. I know there are really knowledgeable Philly guys on here, where was his house exactly?
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 08:40 AM

The Testa home where Salvie grew up and and Phil Testa stepped onto the porch and subsequently blown up by a nail bomb is in the Girard Estates neighborhood right across the street from the Stephen Girard Park. The exact address of the home is 2117 W Porter St, Philadelphia, PA. I believe that Nicky Scarfo had the home repaired to its current condition as an early wedding/engagement gift to Salvie Testa & Maria Merlino before their wedding was called off by Salvie.
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 08:46 AM

Another interesting fact was that the Pungitore's (Anthony Sr, Joey, Anthony Jr) who were all good family friends with the Testa's (especially Joey Pung who was Salvie's best friend) also grew up in this neighborhood in another very similar home at 2522 S. 22nd St, Philadelphia, PA. I'm not sure if any of the Pungitore's still live in that house, but property records indicate that they still own the house.

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 08:49 AM

thanks man, are you saying Salvie lived in his father's house at the time of his murder?
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 10:16 AM

I believe he did live with his father around the time he was murdered.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 11:21 AM

Thats a really cool area and they are building up with restaurants and "hipster" bars and craft beer places like in many areas of philly and the US. Im pretty sure that near there in East passyunk and that area is one of teh hottest real estate addresses in the US
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 12:38 PM

I don't know if he had a room at his fathers house when his father was killed. I do know that he had many rental apartments and was able to move around a lot during the time they were trying to hit him. Salvi's apartment or townhouse was in a well-to-do section of South Philly I know that. But around the time of the hit he was staying with hisgirlfriend ,never knew her ,but he lived with her and it was not far from Nicks roast beef around 15th and Jackson or a short walk from there.
Posted By: sophilly

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 01:53 PM

a lot of the boys are from girard estates, merlino as well I believe or he lived there for a time, think his mom does..its basically like small suburbanesque area in south philly..stone houses with porches, not alot of houses we have like that in south philly

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 04:45 PM

I saw on the Docu the candy store where he was killed was called something like 'something sweet' I guess that place is long gone.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 06:23 PM

The Italian market is a majority Mexican now. I got nothing Mexicans, but they are some unfriendly people. I wouldn't shop at their stores if they were given the stuff away.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: sophilly
a lot of the boys are from girard estates, merlino as well I believe or he lived there for a time, think his mom does..its basically like small suburbanesque area in south philly..stone houses with porches, not alot of houses we have like that in south philly

All those chases through s philly and the narrow one way streets and cars parked everywhere had to be crazy back in the 80s and 90s with all those guys shooting at one another. all the streets from like market down to south philly are packed and narrow and must have been crazy back then
Posted By: sophilly

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 07:58 PM

yeah aint no different now really...i live on small ass street...italians all still double park up that way hahah

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 08:34 PM

They maybe running through the streets again soon . Well with the old boys out and or getting out (Skinny is a Pig to these guys) let's see if Skinny walks around Philly.This will tell more about the family then anything.
I don't know if any one has paid attention to the last time Skinny walked the streets of Philly and who his enemies are .
Because it was not just Nick jr that wanted a piece of the Philly rackets.
I would not be surprised if some still hold his father as boss (or in very high regard) and I don't just mean Philly ,there is a chance that a couple, and maybe a few of the NY families leadership is different then we hear .
I know that a NY family was or did take a stab at taking rackets from Joe L and Skinny(and worse) while he was locked up ,and 90% of these people were still locked up when it took place.

It is really going to be interesting if he comes back ...
Posted By: BKLYN2NASSAU

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/29/15 10:12 PM

I really don't think any of the NY families care about who is running philly. They have a hard enough time staying off the G's radar. They aren't interested meddling in other families affairs. This ain't the 1970's.

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/30/15 06:38 AM

Don't know about that. But the Gambinos were coming after uncle Joe back into thousand and seven I think that was the year.(and not just for the rackets) I don't know if you can find it on the net ,but very true .There are some very good researchers here I'm sure they could explain it in detail.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 04/30/15 07:14 AM

Originally Posted By: BKLYN2NASSAU
I really don't think any of the NY families care about who is running philly. They have a hard enough time staying off the G's radar. They aren't interested meddling in other families affairs. This ain't the 1970's.

Aren't they intersted in whats going on in Don Neck? There is a lot of money there.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 05/01/15 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By: BKLYN2NASSAU
according to what? Y
Your speculation? Money is money. There are relationships and interests just like allways
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 07/22/15 04:39 PM

it is now a restaurant in the now "hip" section of pass. ave. that all the best chef's in town are vying for a rental spot.

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 07/22/15 04:46 PM

ur spot on serp, he was not in the building (of course we all know) but in fact was at a girlfriends home at 10th & bigler at the time his pop bought the farm

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 07/22/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: hoodlum
ur spot on serp, he was not in the building (of course we all know) but in fact was at a girlfriends home at 10th & bigler at the time his pop bought the farm

You know a lot about things only people close know ...Hmmm

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 07/23/15 01:52 PM

like i said, i am new to the board ..how do you "box"other peoples quotes? i'm feeling kinda stupid ....anybody help????
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 07/23/15 02:29 PM

Hit the quote button on the bottom of their post.

Re: Salvatore Testa's House - 07/25/15 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Hit the quote button on the bottom of their post.
thank you.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET