Home

Anthony Casso -- Possible Release?

Posted By: K1NG6

Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 04:35 PM

I was doing some research on a few Philly guys (and several other jailed mobsters) using the Federal Bureau of Prisons website to check out current locations and release dates. While doing so, I threw in a couple of other names just for the hell of it and am wondering if I possibly stumbled across something.

To be honest, I don't know much (if anything) about the federal prison system, so that's why I'm asking the question here and I'll try to explain as best as I can. In the BOP system, RRM stands for Residential Re-Entry Management (a halfway house). When most guys get to the end of their sentences, they are released from the federal prison and placed into a local halfway house (RRM). Like I said, I was checking out a few Philly guys to check up on their release dates (not that most of you care about these guys, but I'm using them as examples):

Martin Angelina (set to be officially released 7/11/2015) entered a halfway house for the final 6 months of his sentence and is currently located at Philadelphia RRM

'Chickie' Ciancaglini (set to be officially released 5/4/2015) also entered the halfway house for the final 6 months of his sentence and is also located at Philadelphia RRM

Joey Merlino (set to be officially released 5/3/2015) left federal prison and placed into halfway house for the final few weeks of his sentence, located at Miami RRM

Link for the Federal Bureau of Prisons Inmate Locator:
http://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/

To get to the point, I did the same exact search for Anthony 'Gaspipe' Casso. I've done this same search a few different times over the years and it's showed the various prisons that he was located at. When I did the search today, it's now showing that Casso is located at Minneapolis RRM, a halfway house.

Here's a screenshot I took of the page:
(you can do the same search from the inmate locator)

CLICK TO ENLARGE

For the guys who know more about this life and the prison system than I do, is there any reason other than an upcoming release why someone would be placed in a halfway house? Possibly for a transfer to another prison? But in my eyes that really wouldn't make much sense. Why would someone who has a LIFE sentence be in a halfway house? I read an article recently (it was from 2009) that said Casso was being treated for a cancer at a prison hospital. Is it possible that Gas is on borrowed time and the feds are going to allow him to live out the last few remaining years of his life from outside the walls, or am I just reading too much into nothing?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 04:38 PM

The BOP site is very unreliable, especially where rats are concerned. Casso could be anywhere from a prison hospital to an Army base to God knows where.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 06:30 PM

Good post, KING.

Is Casso in the WPP? I figured he was tossed.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 06:39 PM

Wow I remember checking his name like a week ago or so.. I had just found out about the BOP website and was looking up random names like you. Casso was in ADX Florence I'm almost sure, so this could have happened the last couple of days.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
Wow I remember checking his name like a week ago or so.. I had just found out about the BOP website and was looking up random names like you. Casso was in ADX Florence I'm almost sure, so this could have happened the last couple of days.

Again, it's a very unreliable site. Especially where rats are concerned.
Posted By: JerseyShine

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 07:30 PM

As I posted elsewhere Casso is in a North Dakota (or was it Nebraska? One of those, I can dig it up) maximum security state pen.

I think of the BOP.gov locator as being quite reliable but I am used to navigating it's various quirks. It's rather user friendly compared to some locators.

Another example of this situation (last I checked anyway) is Buford Furrow. If you wanted to write either one you could use the RRM address and they will get the mail. Which is a bit strange for the BOP as they are horrible about forwarding mail but in this case I guess it's on them for giving it as their location.
Posted By: DonMega1888

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 08:51 PM

I can't see him ever getting out, he caused to much trouble on the cops, all the murders he was involved in, unreilable informant , his plot to have a judge killed, his escape plan to leave the witness protection jail they had him locked up in NYC in,

Amuso not leaving his prison cell , was a funny story , the guards on payroll , had everything setup so he could escape, and he wouldn't get up off his bed , cause he thought Casso was going to have him killed, lol
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 09:30 PM

yeah, on his 60 minute interview, a lady D.A. says he wanted to kill a federal judge. this guy is a real sociopath.
they can't let this freak out.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 09:47 PM

I would think the feds give him a phone call to pick his brain every once in a blue so they probaly do have him at a camp no fences. They probaly wanted to know everything he knows about crew and casso ain't dumb he wants lo security. Couple years back he was trying to find hydells body against the mafia cops.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
I would think the feds give him a phone call to pick his brain every once in a blue so they probaly do have him at a camp no fences. They probaly wanted to know everything he knows about crew and casso ain't dumb he wants lo security. Couple years back he was trying to find hydells body against the mafia cops.

No they have him in a state pen. Serving his life sentence for those wondering in this thread.

Based on his behavior in attempting to be a rat I would have to say that yes, Casso is dumb.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 10:40 PM

Glad to settle this debate. Don't say I never did nothing for you comrades. 8-19
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 10:44 PM

You write to Casso? rolleyes
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 10:47 PM

Just to exchange Tiramisu recipes and talk about Mad Men.
Posted By: Longislandguy14

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/24/15 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Just to exchange Tiramisu recipes and talk about Mad Men.

Finally.....something actually kind of funny. Thank you moe. lol

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/25/15 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
You write to Casso? rolleyes

No. So you should have saved the eye rolling.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/25/15 08:38 AM

It really doesn't seem that he will ever get out, and shouldn't. I just feel bad for his widow for what she put up with especially after he was imprisoned.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/25/15 10:05 AM

I had a phase of feeling sorry for his wife but fuck it.

She had family members in that life. She knew who Anthony Casso was when she married him. She knew, deep down, that there would have been no sprawling mansion, no exotic cars, no caviar and no fancy restaurants if her husband didn't have blood on his hands.

Sell your soul to the devil.....

Looking at the way Gotti's family conduct themselves, the way Gravano's family conduct themselves, the way Massino's family conduct themselves.... we aren't talking about shrinking violets here.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/25/15 12:24 PM

i graduated 11 grade i dont know where the fuck noth dakota is
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/25/15 03:07 PM

She had family members in that life. She knew who Anthony Casso was when she married him. She knew, deep down, that there would have been no sprawling mansion, no exotic cars, no caviar and no fancy restaurants if her husband didn't have blood on his hands.

Sell your soul to the devil.....

Looking at the way Gotti's family conduct themselves, the way Gravano's family conduct themselves, the way Massino's family conduct themselves.... we aren't talking about shrinking violets here.

exactly.. those people take the blood money, and bask in the glory when they are on top, fully knowing whats what.

and then when things go wrong, they act like they were in the dark about where all the money came from.

they get no sympathy from me, all the gottis, and gravanos shpuld be locked up.
Posted By: Dbm7

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/26/15 12:07 AM

Yeah Binnie, but, I said before and I'll say it again..... I'd do everything to karen gravano.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/26/15 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Dbm7
Yeah Binnie, but, I said before and I'll say it again..... I'd do everything to karen gravano.

Do you enjoy the getting AIDS or hep part? Or more the fat thing?
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/26/15 01:23 PM

Sell your soul to the devil.....Yeah good point Moe. I didn't mean to imply that I thought of her as an innocent. Yeah, she fully understood that life. I guess I just felt bad for a helpless female being taken advantage of. And as for Karen Gravano- who now wants to be a LEGAL marijuana dealer, she sure is no prize.

Posted By: Dbm7

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/26/15 05:11 PM

Lol, I think boarder line fat thing. I'm not really sure tho, tbh. Something about her.
Posted By: Freelance_Hotdog

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/26/15 07:17 PM

they will never let him out, maybe when he is 95% dead than they will let him die in freedom and they will never tell the exact place where he is snitches get stitches
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/27/15 04:59 PM

I still gotta hand it to Casso, for that last line in his biography on Mobsters...I spent 40 years in the street with the worst F------g people and we always kept our word on a handshake...The govt. on a handshake, forget about it !! lol
Posted By: cammybatts1

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/27/15 07:01 PM

even though he was a crazy sob,I think he's a likeable Guy..I love his sense of humor.he wanted to clip his neighbor for his backyard not being level or some crazy shit like that.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/27/15 08:08 PM

lol

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/28/15 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo
I still gotta hand it to Casso, for that last line in his biography on Mobsters...I spent 40 years in the street with the worst F------g people and we always kept our word on a handshake...The govt. on a handshake, forget about it !! lol

I hope he lives to be a hundred and never gets the fuck out. I've stated here many times that I detest Casso because of what happened to Mikey Salerno. But if you want to get technical, the Feds fucked him over. There's no two ways about it.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/28/15 12:26 PM

things got way too outta hand with Vic and gas.especially when they tried clipping women.that's a head shaker.
Posted By: BennyB

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/28/15 04:41 PM

My favorite crazy story from him:

Him, Amuso, Gotti and Gravano are walking through an empty parking lot on their way to meet the Chin for a commission meeting and he says "wow, this would be a great place for a hit."
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/28/15 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
i graduated 11 grade i dont know where the fuck noth dakota is

LMAO I hear ya bro.

My 2nd cousin was stationed on the air force base in Grand Forks (on the ND/MN state line pretty much) and he was a mechanic on a 707 refueler so they were outside even in winter. It would get to -20 or -30 (actual temp) and the wind chill would double that. He said the air force had to give them classes on how quick they could suffer from frost bite if they left any part of their body unexposed. I think it was less than a minute at those temps.

Then he said during the summers the mosquitoes were as big around as your arm and it was flat as hell up there.
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/28/15 08:05 PM

Not a Chance in hell that he gets out. Do you think would go back to his old ways? I do.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/29/15 03:22 PM

real deal sociopath.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/29/15 05:07 PM

Not a ton of people know this Casso still has a standing $1 million bounty on his head. The contract was offered to the AB (yes just like the Gotti contracts)...good look collecting on it though...I mean any high profile rat will be protected but prison officials know about the AB contract so they have even more incentive to protect him.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/29/15 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo

I hope he lives to be a hundred and never gets the fuck out. I've stated here many times that I detest Casso because of what happened to Mikey Salerno. But if you want to get technical, the Feds fucked him over. There's no two ways about it.
Oh they definitely screwed him..Double crossers ?? Isn't that what guys like Casso are proud of being ?? You reap what you sow !!
Posted By: BMoney

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 04/30/15 03:07 AM

I don't care what the BOP site says...there is no shot in hell at Casso ever seeing a free day for the rest of miserable life

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 05/01/15 07:25 PM

Remember when he smacked some guy with a rolled up newspaper and got the sh*t kicked out of him?

Any wonder the feds screwed him.

If his rap sheet didn't convince them what a liability to society he would be if he was released, then his flagrant flouting of rules and etiquette when he was under their noses would have.

The Scarpa kid fairly did a number on Amuso's face when he beat him up that time. There is something weird about Amuso's jaw in the jailhouse pics. He looks in good shape physically but his jaw looks like it has been badly broken or something - which could also explain why he's/was in good shape.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 05/01/15 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: BMoney
I don't care what the BOP site says...there is no shot in hell at Casso ever seeing a free day for the rest of miserable life

BOP site is fairly accurate, but not 100%. Especially where rats are concerned.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 05/02/15 01:41 PM

http://breakshotblog.blogspot.ie/2013/10/anthony-dilapi.html

Victor Amuso, known as Vic, was a heroin dealer who back in 1977 had been caught with 3 pounds of the drugs alongside his best friend Anthony Casso, who was also known as Gaspipe, or Gas. He was known as Gaspipe because his father used to install gaspipes in homes so people could get free natural gas from the city that wasn’t metered. His, son, who helped him, became known as Gaspipe, a name which he hated. In reality, he should have just been known as “pipe” because for years, the word on the street was that he was smoking crack. To demonstrate how crazy Gaspipe was, while locked up he tried to bribe a guard to help him escape, and when that failed, he then put together a team that was going to attack the transport van taking him to court and his idea was for his guys to murder all the guards in the van with him. When the other families caught wind of his plan, they put a stop to it immediately, they could not accept the amount of heat this would draw to all the crime families.

That true?
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 05/03/15 11:14 AM

Remember when he smacked some guy with a rolled up newspaper and got the sh*t kicked out of him?

The Scarpa kid fairly did a number on Amuso's face when he beat him up that time. There is something weird about Amuso's jaw in the jailhouse pics. He looks in good shape physically but his jaw looks like it has been badly broken or something - which could also explain why he's/was in good shape.

What pics are you talking about?.....Only pic I have seen of Amuso in jail is the one with him and Scarfo. Scarfo's arm is around Vic but Vic has the, I wanna whack this guy for putting his hands on me look.
If you have others, I would love to see them.

Originally Posted By: JerseyShine
Not a ton of people know this Casso still has a standing $1 million bounty on his head. The contract was offered to the AB (yes just like the Gotti contracts)...good look collecting on it though...I mean any high profile rat will be protected but prison officials know about the AB contract so they have even more incentive to protect him.

I never heard this and don't doubt it's truth BUT, I wonder who would be the one to pay out if the mission was accomplished?......Cannot see the Lucchese family dropping $1,000,000 for someone that will die slowly in jail.

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 05/03/15 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
I never heard this and don't doubt it's truth BUT, I wonder who would be the one to pay out if the mission was accomplished?

The same ghosts who would pay the half-million dollar bounty that's allegedly still on Joe Pistone's head (like it was ever there to begin with).

But Old Joe better keep wearing those sunglasses. Especially when he has camera crews following him up and down Mulberry Street (where there are more fags than wiseguys today rolleyes).

And I didn't mean to derail the thread. But whenever I have a chance to take a shot at Pistone and those silly sunglasses I just can't help myself.
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Anthony Casso -- Possible Release? - 05/03/15 12:48 PM

Donnie Brasco the jewel thief that nobody knows
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET