Home

Skinny Joey Murder Indictment?

Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 07:09 AM

Skinny Joey Murder Indictment?
Posted By: sophilly

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 07:36 AM

wow, you knew once joey was back in they aint gonna want to let him out..although he should be back out in a few weeks...

i always thought Gongs was banging Mazzones wife
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 08:03 AM

This was obvious , knew that parole violation was bullshit , I thought one of the reasons casasanto was murdered was because he was also bragging he was involved in the long john martorano murder aswel
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 08:09 AM

"Gangster Report sources reveal a confirmed meeting between Nicodemo and Merlino in the weeks leading up to the DiPietro murder and one between Nicodemo, Grande and Mazzone the night before the hit was carried out, receiving authorization and a final go-ahead, respectively."

This is such bull shit and purely speculation. Even so, this could never secure a conviction. LE purposely leak this sort of nonsense hoping to " rattle the cage" with the hopes of someone saying something in a wire tap.
Just like for the past 10 years there was going to be a big indictment in Philly. Of course there will eventually be a hundred indictments.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 08:32 AM

yeah believe there were a few reasons with him
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 09:26 AM

I'm shocked. Shocked whistle.

But all kidding aside, I've been saying forever that they're never giving this guy any peace. I also said they wanted him inside on a violation when they hit him with new charges so they could deny him bail. No way a predicate felon and acting boss gets a bail package while he's inside on a violation.

That said, this particular article could be complete bullshit. But if not now, next year. If not next year, the year after that. And I'm not even saying they'll convict. But they're never giving Joey Melino any peace. Ever.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
But they're never giving Joey Melino any peace. Ever.

That's the price of the life. No pay, no game. Joey should have known that before pulling the trigger his first time (or ordering his first hit).
It would be interesting if they put him in the same jail with Stanfa and put some armed prison gangs at their disposition, so they can finally finish what they started in the 90s. I still bet on Stanfa. He may be an inept boss, but in violence he's better than Merlino imho.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 10:33 AM

If true, PB called it months ago. But time is running out for the Feds, once again if this is true they will need to hurry up and slap him with an indictment before he is free.

I also agree that they will NEVER give Joey peace for the rest of his life. ANYTHING that goes down in Philly he will be harassed for by the Feds whether he had anything to do with it or not..
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 11:10 AM

Don,t know if this is true ,but I know back in the fall Eddie Jacobs went down to see Skinny and Eddie was very sick at the time .the reason had to be pretty important for him to risk his health and go down there for something that had to be done face to face.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
"Gangster Report sources reveal a confirmed meeting between Nicodemo and Merlino in the weeks leading up to the DiPietro murder and one between Nicodemo, Grande and Mazzone the night before the hit was carried out, receiving authorization and a final go-ahead, respectively."

This is such bull shit and purely speculation. Even so, this could never secure a conviction. LE purposely leak this sort of nonsense hoping to " rattle the cage" with the hopes of someone saying something in a wire tap.
Just like for the past 10 years there was going to be a big indictment in Philly. Of course there will eventually be a hundred indictments.

Which is something Scott acknowledges near the end of the article, and warns about any "expectations" that may arise with the news of an upcoming murder indictment.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 11:52 AM

Will come the time where Merlino will end up badly for all the troubles that bringed to the philly mob.DiPietro was a informant,in Sicily are talking about lupara bianca (white shotgun), when a person disappears, you know that is dead but don't find the body.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 12:17 PM

Stupidest crimes in history and if it was planned like is stated here then everyone should get locked up and have people laugh at them for years to come because of the idiocracy of this crime
Posted By: moneyman

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 12:25 PM

they need someone to flip, if there was anything on merlino or mazzone you'd figure they would have been arrested already...

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 01:20 PM

lol, seriously, what kinda plan is that for fuck sake! i always figure it was spur of the moment driving by seen him on the corner and just did it..but planned wtf
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 01:46 PM

This is such bull shit

My thoughts exactly. Scott/LE are trying to suggest this hit was planned? Using his own car?

Kidding?! Laughable suggestion.

I doubt LE would be so stupid if thats there attempt to rattle the cage, I think Scott is reaching. And poorly at that.

Or as it was so eloquently put 'I call Bullshit'.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

This is such bull shit

My thoughts exactly. Scott/LE are trying to suggest this hit was planned? Using his own car?

Kidding?! Laughable suggestion.

I doubt LE would be so stupid if thats there attempt to rattle the cage, I think Scott is reaching. And poorly at that.

Or as it was so eloquently put 'I call Bullshit'.

100% on the mark...it was 2012, common sense and paranoid gangsters know their are street cameras and ways to track down vehicles, etc, to say they planned this dumb act is BS as stated, and then who handed out this info, there were 3 people in on a meeting and these guys dont talk ever...so they are gonna go tell another neighborhood guy or brag that this is how it went down, grande aint talking, that is a lucky ass dude
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 03:27 PM

Lol at calling it bullshit, like you have any clue.

Just because it was planned poorly, or executed poorly, doesn't mean it was not planned

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 03:29 PM

Maybe Merlino just gave the order and left the planning to Nicodemo who "planned" it in the way we know?

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 03:40 PM

Well the two options are:

A) It was a planned hit over many months with meetings with Merlino and Mazzone and then Nicodemo, the professional lifelong criminal and hitman, used his own car in broad daylight....

OR

B) it wasnt planned and the article is bullshit.

HMMMMMM, Gimme a sec...

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 03:46 PM

But, if it wasn't planned, how exactly did the things take place? Did Nicodemo use his own car in a drunken rage or something like that? Because, there should be an explanation why did he do it so poorly, at least an absurd or weird one.

I too think it wasn't planned, but even if Nicodemo acted completely on his own (or with Grande, as some people say), why such a poor execution? Were they drunk or high on drugs?

At least, what's the opinions of people?

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 03:58 PM

How about the 2 were all yacked up on coke drove down the street for whatever reason saw him outside were all paranoid on the coke started talking about him being a snitch and decided to kill him right then... drove back around for 2nd time and got him.. no planning just paranoid coke heads

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 04:28 PM

not sure about the coke part lol but pretty much it, nicodemo only lives two blocks from there, was prob driving home up bigler and saw the dude standing there went back and did it..i assume there was an ok out too hit the guy for a while
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 04:32 PM

The Feds want Merlino for anything. It's gonna be all out law enforcement on his ass for a long time.
Posted By: ItalianForever

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 04:34 PM

Unles they roll nicks or grande they have no case. Another waste of taxpayer dollars.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/13/15 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: PhillyMob
The Feds want Merlino for anything. It's gonna be all out law enforcement on his ass for a long time.

For the rest of his life. Whether or not they succeed is another story.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 01:42 PM

I don't think that joey was a tought guy, after 15 y if he will be sentenced again,he for sure will flip.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 02:12 PM

he may be a lot of things, but a rat he is not, guy did half his life in prison

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: sophilly

None of the s philly neighborhood guys are rats that joey and his family grew up with, from the last philly trial to niccodemo, none have flipped, borgesi, staino, angelina, merlino, canalchio, cianglinis, ligambi, mazzone, dom grande, micali, massimino, and some of these guys got some serious time did it or are doing it and kept quiet and in this day and age is a big deal
Posted By: kw

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 02:41 PM

You've made a really going point Merlino. Philly certainly has a good amount of stand up guys. So, I guess Nicodemo ended up not cooperating even after he pled guilty, that certainly says something about his character, he will be away for along time.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 03:22 PM

How do they pin this hit on him. Guy just took the murder unless the feds indict nicodemo to. he plead guilty if they heard merlino on a wire tap they should have told the guy his life's in danger. Don't make sense.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 03:47 PM

Maybe because it's bullshit.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 03:48 PM

I agree pmac. I practice criminal defense. And assuming that the article that was mentioned is correct about Nicodemo and Mazzone meeting with Merlino, it doesn't prove a damn thing. Unless, there is someone who cooperates and tells the feds about some form of conspiracy and I don't see anyone cooperating. Or a wire tap.

The fact that the ht was so sloppy means three things. (1) Nicodemo isn't capable of doing a well planned hit or; (2) they were so desperate to get rid of Dipietro that it had to be done any time any place; or (3) it wasn't really planned.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 03:53 PM

Don't get me started on this hit...

I have been able to laugh at all kinds of shit that has went down through the years, but this "hit" is out right crazy"....

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 04:29 PM

I agree pmac. it doesn't make any sense at this point. Even though Nicodemo pled guilty, others still could be charged if the Feds can prove others were involved. But its obvious that the news reporter isn't very accurate or the feds are playing games. Either way, something fishy is going on. When Merlino was brought in on the parole violation, take notice to how the Feds didn't mention the meeting with Nicodemo and Mazzone. The feds said his violation was meeting with Ciangillini and another alleged mobster at the cigar lounge in Florida. During the Parole violation hearing they never mentioned this meeting with Mazzone and Nicodemo and Merlino. Its not a matter of if they will indict Merlino, I feel its a matter of when. Now, if the charges will stick against Merlino is a whole different story. The phiily crew is closely watched by the feds. The fact that Ligambi and Borgesi went home has got to have pissed of the feds and they won't forget that. Time will tell....The news, media don't really know anything too secretive.
Posted By: jipjones

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 08:29 PM

Eat it up guys I might just be blabbing at the mouth or talking outta my ass after Merlino's crew gets locked up we might have seen the end of the old school Mafia... if Merlino really was a ballys guy and even in todays day and age gave his ok for the Dipietro hit that says a lot!! usually if they think ur a informant they just shelve u today even in NY cd u c Crea or ne one of the NY bosses hitting a suspected rat??? These bunch of South Philly boys wd make a great interesting book from a rats perspective who was there.. These boys were ballys since the Stanfa war in the 90's to up until now.. They prolly hit previte or Natalie with given good info mayb then again mayb not. Furio I gotta disagree Merlino's as tough as they come no way is he hurting his rep by flipping mayb the son in Italy got u!! hed rather die in a cage then rat!!! Ne way like most of u say I think its bullshit if they had ne thing they be locked up but like Pizza said no rest for Joey!
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 11:42 PM

Say what you will about Joey but how many murder convictions does he have again? he has gone up against 3 bosses and lived(one of them in court), maybe he is dumb like a fox?
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/14/15 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: merlino

None of the s philly neighborhood guys are rats that joey and his family grew up with, from the last philly trial to niccodemo, none have flipped, borgesi, staino, angelina, merlino, canalchio, cianglinis, ligambi, mazzone, dom grande, micali, massimino, and some of these guys got some serious time did it or are doing it and kept quiet and in this day and age is a big deal
His uncle was a rat.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By: mackinblack007

His uncle was a rat.

A thing is get 15 years in prison when you're 36 and another when you have 53, Gotti was the Gambino boss and was beaten in prison. Joey risk from 20 years to life and I don't see him to spend the other half of his life in prison, especially if high security.
Yogi Merlino is a special case, Scarfo with his violent behavior and paranoia forced many loyal soldiers to flip.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 09:15 AM

Flipping is an easy decision for some of these guys. Think about it, your sitting in a cell and looking at 25 years while your wife and 2 young children are home. Then you say" my capo and my boss were going to have me killed, they took my money, and now im supposed to protect them?"
A smart boss makes his men feel important and is close with them. I think thats the reason Gotti wanted everyone at his club on a weekly basis, just to feel guys out.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 10:45 AM

Flipping is an easy decision for some of these guys. Think about it, your sitting in a cell and looking at 25 years while your wife and 2 young children are home. Then you say" my capo and my boss were going to have me killed, they took my money, and now im supposed to protect them?"
A smart boss makes his men feel important and is close with them. I think thats the reason Gotti wanted everyone at his club on a weekly basis, just to feel guys out.

I totally agree with you on that...especially niccodemo and also the fact that these rats are not going to face any repercussions from anyone now a days as many guys are outa nd about and talking to whoever
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 02:00 PM

Some of you act like the feds are on Merlino's nutsack and not giving him a moments peace.

Couldn't be further from the truth. The guy is flaunting illegally accrued assets, breaking several parole violations and associating with known felons.

If the guy was truly out of that life, they wouldn't give a rats ass about him.

It's just a matter of time before he gets another lengthy sentence and as I said - it's not because the Feds have a hard on for him.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 03:19 PM

Not only are they all over Skinny ,they are out trying to get anyone close to him on a charge" so they have that chance to flip" them.
And they could give them anything" on him .But some how I think he is wise to this, and has kept things to a "low roar" .....

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 03:25 PM

I'm guessing the feds are looking at ray wagner closely. i don't think he has done any time and he is around joey frequently... just a thought

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: moneyman
I'm guessing the feds are looking at ray wagner closely. i don't think he has done any time and he is around joey frequently... just a thought

was wondering about that i guess he could be a bagman for merlino but not sure.... also think his family bar has a big blowout this week or next down in s philly
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Some of you act like the feds are on Merlino's nutsack and not giving him a moments peace.

Couldn't be further from the truth. The guy is flaunting illegally accrued assets, breaking several parole violations and associating with known felons.

If the guy was truly out of that life, they wouldn't give a rats ass about him.

It's just a matter of time before he gets another lengthy sentence and as I said - it's not because the Feds have a hard on for him.

Exactly. If he was 100% legit now they wouldn't bother the dude. But he was flaunting in front of them how he was living in Florida and they got his ass.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 04:39 PM

yeah you'd figure he'd be the easiest to flip in merlino's inner circle. Of course Joey probably knows how to handle himself, look at the nicky skins tape.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 06:00 PM

not sure about that his family goes way back with mob guys and he is related too a few of them as well...plus he works alot on a regular job...dont know how involved he really could be

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 06:59 PM

New Scott Article on Philly Drama

Serp you hear anything on which Margate "club" this was at? I'm assuming it was probably either Maynard's or Ventura's?
Posted By: jcapo3

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 07:20 PM

Faffy- still doing time, 26 years or so. Never talked.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 07:28 PM

Dante : Yea , no doubt,Possibly "Memories" it was most likely one or the other .
I don't know the year, but I am guessing late 90's early 2000 's and if that's the case there was still a couple more clubs that were more tolerable" to guys like that....

They love Memories cos they feel right at home,and not just that anyone from back in the day stops in and see Skinny he can play the part !

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: jcapo3
Faffy- still doing time, 26 years or so. Never talked.

He is not going to sit ,there will be problems with the old guard that support him.
The old guard are slowly building ranks and more and more. And out of the wood work they come, old friends,associates,acquaintances come with that.
Sit back and watch.
The only thing that has stopped the different factions was Ligambi nothing else, and he is not running the show and these guys are going to be coming after a limited amount of rackets .
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 08:22 PM

For a small as Philly is, really they have not had a lot of rats

A lot of guys stood up and still are
Posted By: jasonSP

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 08:51 PM

philly is the kind of place where only certain guys can exist, and when i say that i mean alot of the 90's guys the late 80's we know leonetti and later on horsehead ratted veasey, etc but that core groupe held it together quite well
Posted By: DB

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/15/15 10:29 PM

the Feds will never stop trying to indict skinny whether he is legit or not

I think many people are aware LE will do anything to convict him , it has been personal for a long time with Skinny . I always admired his comment after his murder committal "not bad , it could of been worse " lol , not to mention his latest comment about getting a tan . Lol

He seems to have smartened up with his legit restaurant and staying out of philly which would be a life sentence . he should stay in FL , be semi retired far away and act more like counsel and let his minions handle his shark and gaming ops , plow $ into legit businesses and at some point maybe just retiring . It will likely be hard to convict him as the lieutants he communicates with don't appear to ever be a rat . Once him and Ligambi have no parole restrictions , the family might have a chance to regroup with it of seniors giving solid counsel to the youngins.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/16/15 12:07 AM

To the comment that none of the guys Joey grew up with ever flipped. Not entirely true, Tommy Scafidi grew up around that bunch and was loyal to those guys for a while. Then again, I guess he's the exception. When shit hit the fan after Merlino's guys got all spooked after the attempt of John Stanfa in which his son got hit, he was the only one to switch sides.

Another thing, Merlino & his guys are somewhat lucky to be in the position they are today, because after that attempt and Stanfa wasn't hit, Merlino's guys began to withdraw from their rackets, Stanfa began to move in on their businesses, guys that were being forced to pay Merlino & Ciangalini were made to pay Stanfa again, Stanfa had already begun attempting to consolidate his grip on things after that. They say after the attempt on him and his son, Stanfa pretty much went crazy and guys on the other side got scared. Stanfa was the winner of that war, contrary to popular belief, according to the FBI & Anastasia. But guys like Rosario Bellochi & John Veasey had already begun to talk, they had his lawyers office where he held his meetings wiretapped for over two years by this time and had recorded over 2,000 conversations, so by then it was already too late. He couldn't enjoy the victory because the case against him was already made. Oh, and Joey Merlino went to prison. Had Stanfa not been so trusting of Avena, he probably still would've been on the street a few more years, Natale would've been killed once he got out of prison, Philly might have been totally different than it is now, had the die just landed on the other side.
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/16/15 03:37 PM

Ray Wags is half Italian so I'm assuming that he's never going to be made, but who knows. He's actually directly related to Gaeton Lucibello and his brother is a bookmaker who got an '08 bookmaking charge. I don't think he's flipping any time soon but I'm also curious about his role in the grander scheme of things and what he actually knows, etc.
Posted By: brock_samson

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/16/15 08:03 PM

Moved to a halfway house last week, upcoming trip to the LA area & opening a hoagie shop in Florida soon so time will tell.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DSchratwieser/status/585462435840188416

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/17/15 10:40 AM

Newest Scott Opinion Article on Skinny Joey

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/17/15 01:51 PM

"If I know anything in this world, it is this: the feds have a hard-on for and vendetta against Joey Merlino to such a degree that its palpable in everything they do, every move, every action, every word – I personally know of a handful of just everyday citizens that have had to interact with Merlino since his release from his most-recent RICO bust in early 2011 and were promptly apprehended by the FBI for questioning. FBI agents and U.S. attorneys in Philadelphia want to bury him in a hole so bad, they’d sell their first born kids. I swear to God. The only think in the annals of American legal history that could equal this lust for the sinking of a man and his criminal empire would be Al Capone in Chicago circa 1930 and John Gotti in New York circa 1990."

Better to have a metaphorical hard on than you know.... an actual hard on.

The way people root for individuals who - in essence - are criminals and serial killers is pretty disturbing. I mean where do you draw the line?

Society is pretty f***ed up.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/17/15 02:34 PM

Is it true if you are out of the life for 5 years or more the feds cannot get a RICO indictment on you? I understand the feds could still get joey on a murder charge if he was there or did any of the murders but was wondering if anyome knows about any truth to the RICO statutes, if joey he has good enough vision to lay low until 2020
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/17/15 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
Ray Wags is half Italian so I'm assuming that he's never going to be made, but who knows. He's actually directly related to Gaeton Lucibello and his brother is a bookmaker who got an '08 bookmaking charge. I don't think he's flipping any time soon but I'm also curious about his role in the grander scheme of things and what he actually knows, etc.

I think he's more a friend, a very trusted friend, then guy involved in that life.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/17/15 06:01 PM

"If I know anything in this world, it is this: the feds have a hard-on for and vendetta against Joey Merlino to such a degree that its palpable in everything they do, every move, every action, every word – I personally know of a handful of just everyday citizens that have had to interact with Merlino since his release from his most-recent RICO bust in early 2011 and were promptly apprehended by the FBI for questioning. FBI agents and U.S. attorneys in Philadelphia want to bury him in a hole so bad, they’d sell their first born kids. I swear to God. The only think in the annals of American legal history that could equal this lust for the sinking of a man and his criminal empire would be Al Capone in Chicago circa 1930 and John Gotti in New York circa 1990."

The way people root for individuals who - in essence - are criminals and serial killers is pretty disturbing. I mean where do you draw the line?

Give me a break. Criminals killing criminals is really a cause you wanna crusade for? Who has he allegedly killed? Other LCN guys. Please show me an example of one person he allegedly killed who wasn't a killer himself. You gotta grow up buddy. There are causes worth fighting for but it's hard for me to find any empathy for people who wanna be in that life.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/17/15 06:29 PM

That's a good article by Scott, the latest piece on Merlino. I think his assessment is right on as far as how bad the feds want Merlino. I have little doubt that the feds are all over him and his associates. I'm pretty sure they're watching the guy who supposedly loaned Joey the money for the restaurant, and loaned out a house in his name to Joey too. I forget his name right now, but he's the guy who was with him one of the days he went to court. It's only common sense to look and see where that money trail leads and where it's from. I don't know, maybe guys begin to feel the pressure of an investigation, maybe not. But sooner or later, the government is going to hit them with something.
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 01:25 AM

Sinatra, the guy your talking about is Stan Stein. He's Joey's sugar daddy!!

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 03:36 AM

Is it true if you are out of the life for 5 years or more the feds cannot get a RICO indictment on you? I understand the feds could still get joey on a murder charge if he was there or did any of the murders but was wondering if anyome knows about any truth to the RICO statutes, if joey he has good enough vision to lay low until 2020

No statute on murder. If they can only use said murder in connection to a RICO that seems to have run its course, the Feds have gotten around it before. Look no further than Eppolito and Caracappa.

Now, those two animals belong buried UNDER the jail. Dirty cops are in the same class as wiseguys who turn on their friends. Actually, they're worse. Because you expect a criminal to lie, cheat and steal. But from a legal standpoint, the way they kept the clock ticking on the "Mafia Cops" RICO case was ridiculous.

In short, the Feds have a tremendous amount of clout when it comes to getting Judges to rule in their favor. They stack the deck and they win. They're not batting .900 plus at trial for two hundred years because their lawyers are any smarter than the best and the brightest in the criminal defense world.

That being said, if you don't go around killing people, they probably won't look to frame you.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 07:14 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

Give me a break. Criminals killing criminals is really a cause you wanna crusade for? Who has he allegedly killed? Other LCN guys. Please show me an example of one person he allegedly killed who wasn't a killer himself. You gotta grow up buddy. There are causes worth fighting for but it's hard for me to find any empathy for people who wanna be in that life.

We aren't privy to all the people he has killed or ordered to be killed. We do know that he could have easily killed innocent bystanders when he was recklessly trying to assassinate Scarfo Jr. and Stanfa in public places. We also know that he is violent street thug who extorted and contributed in making life a living hell for older Italian American males - kind of ironic then how you have a minority of younger Italian American males looking up to him. Killing people period is sick. If "crips" or "bloods" go around shooting each other and polluting their neighborhoods with drugs they are "animals". So is Merlino, no matter how much brylcreem he wears, how much time he spends in tanning salons and how expensive the suits Stan Stein buys him are.

Burnstein should have a exercise a bit more detachment and journalistic integrity about this. The feds aren't "on his nuts". He violated parole by consorting with a fellow felon. They are leaders of a profitable and violent crime family.

This isn't f*ing Robin Hood.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 08:57 AM

Typical moe tilden, always the first to get up on your high horse. If you dont think the feds hold a grudge or carry out a vendetta then your just as delusional as the people who worship merlino.

In related news robert genetile, a made guy in the philly family out of conneticuit was arrested because the feds be all up on his nuts bc they think he was involved in a infamous boston art theft years ago.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/0...emDN/story.html

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 09:25 AM

Well said Dellacroce ,get mixed up with either one and you will wish you had your private life as a Gbb poster back ,They are both ruthless and you will be sorry,if the line ever gets crossed...

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 10:07 AM

It's an accepted fact the FED'S have a hard on for Merlino, going back to when he knocked off that armored car, then him beating the murder and drug dealing charges. His arrogant attitude doesn't help him either. The same goes for his boy Borgesi, they want to put his ass away for life too.

You have to give credit to Merlino and his inner circle when it comes to their ability to commit murders and get away with it so far, the latest Nicodemo debacle being the exception.

There is no doubt the FED'S play dirty when they really want to get someone. As mentioned earlier, they used some loophole to allow Burton Kaplan to testify in the Mafia Cops case, without his testimony tthey most likely don't have enough to take the case to court.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 11:19 AM

There gonna find them paintings. That guy is either really dumb or really a good liar. Maybe he likes all the attention but his name is all over the place around n.e.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 11:32 AM

That museum robbery is weird. You got to have buyers in place when you rob something that unique, unless the security was so bad or an inside job. Them paintings can be worth a hundred million, but if you don't have a buyer it's as good as toilet tissue.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 11:59 AM

There was a special on CNN about that robbery. There were only two security guards on the job that night, and it is suspected to be an inside job as the original guard who was on duty that night, called out. So a sub was brought in and another guy, and the robbers somehow appeared to know where the alarm buttons were and tied the two guards up away from them, so they couldn't reach them or touch them. According to one of the guards that were on that night, while he was doing his rounds he noticed like a dark shadow standing between two statues in one of the art rooms, which indicated to him, that they had already had someone inside the building before the robbers even knocked on the door disguised as police.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
There was a special on CNN about that robbery. There were only two security guards on the job that night, and it is suspected to be an inside job as the original guard who was on duty that night, called out. So a sub was brought in and another guy, and the robbers somehow appeared to know where the alarm buttons were and tied the two guards up away from them, so they couldn't reach them or touch them. According to one of the guards that were on that night, while he was doing his rounds he noticed like a dark shadow standing between two statues in one of the art rooms, which indicated to him, that they had already had someone inside the building before the robbers even knocked on the door disguised as police.

I think I watched that or another documentary about the robbery. There is just such a small market for high price ed stolen artwork. Maybe their plan was to sit on it for awhile and try and get the reward money.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 01:05 PM

Seems that way, or overtime, they figured they'd store them until the heat went down and then attempted to move them. There's big money is stolen artwork like the likes of what was stolen during this heist, Rembrandt's, paintings from guys of a bygone time and era, who were long dead before the museum even begun to be built. The problem was nobody wants to be the guy who gets caught with stolen artwork in his home that he purchased off the black market.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 01:28 PM

gentile got inducted by merlino with the 2 other guys from boston alot younger the won who fliped and that guy shawn v. wonder if the boston guys asked philly to release them probaly somehwere in federal prison. i guess the guy who hid them died before he could tell someone else think he was a melino no relation to joey in boston. the guy gentile knows something. he had a huge fued with a genovese guy volpe who ran hartford forever died couple years ago. theres was a wire hes talking shit old guys. i dont hink the feds would let joey get to a halfway house if there was a case. like allie perisco the day hes to be released twice they brought him to court for new charges.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Typical moe tilden, always the first to get up on your high horse. If you dont think the feds hold a grudge or carry out a vendetta then your just as delusional as the people who worship merlino.

Moe is a typical, Holier-Than-Thou moralist. And that would be fine if he was consistent. Back on November 30th, he had a bit of a meltdown about the way the poor Kennedys were being picked on, and actually had the nerve to suggest that the "misdeeds" of the Kennedy clan were "alleged." I replied with what I thought was a fair post about trying to be consistent, and Moe never replied to me. I'm going to link his post here (be sure to read his post and my reply), then I'll continue on with my thoughts underneath the link.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post816149

Now, here's the thing. Go back a hundred or so years, and Joe Kennedy is in the same league as Frank Costello or Meyer Lanky. So, if you're a Jew or an Italian, your kids might get rich. But their gains are forever "ill-gotten," and people should be reminded of it at every turn. But if you're Irish, and you're in bed with everyone from Giancana to Costello to Lansky, it's just fine for YOUR descendants to become American Royalty.

Moe's right, though. God only knows how many people that Joey Merlino had killed. But God's also the only one who knows how filthy fucking dirty the scumbag Kennedys were (and remain to this day). And here's the important part about being consistent. If every Italian wiseguy deserves to die in a cage for his crimes (and I always say that murderers belong in jail), then the scumbag Kennedys should be held to the same standard.

From serial rapists to driving under the influence to poor Teddy's rough night at Chappaquiddick (which is just water under the bridge whistle), it's okay for the Kennedy family to live its life outside the law. But if you have jet black hair, olive skin, and your name ends in a vowel, then you're public enemy number one.

Consistency, Moe. And when it comes to being harassed and prosecuted by the Federal Government, what's good for Enzo should be for Seamus.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 03:10 PM

Pizzaboy, what do you think of Bobby Kennedy? I don't like his brother John very much, but Bobby gave organized crime some heavy kicks, as far as I know (or at least he tried to).

But I agree about their father Joe, he was dirty like all other organized crime associates. By the way, was he just a crook or were there any hits attributed to him?

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 03:26 PM

crazy thing is The Mob got John elected than once elected Bobby Kennedy went after them...and considering their fucked up family history...talk about a hypocrite family huh

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 05:12 PM

Moe tilden, hypocrite thy name is you.

Your being called out ya better show up. wink

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 05:17 PM

In my opinion, both Moe Tilden and Pizzaboy have a point.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011

In my opinion, both Moe Tilden and Pizzaboy have a point.

I was just joking about calling him out i dont really care if he responds. But what exactly do you think his point is? that this board needs him, some liberal halfa troll irishmen to be our moral compass? No thanks.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/18/15 09:54 PM

Take it easy on Moe guys!! Lol. He can't seem to comprehend that violence and murder are the ultimate authority in organized crime. Obviously, as Moe stated, killing another person is wrong and sick. That being said this is the Mafia we are talking about. Merlino and his people would have had a real tough time rising to power if they would have decided to use a peaceful wAr strategy for the first time in LCN history. Hahaha

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/20/15 05:42 PM

Philly Mob hits since 1999 from Scott

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/20/15 05:44 PM

Scott left out the Rocco Maniscalco hit in that timeline, which is widely believed to be LCN Related

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/20/15 05:45 PM

ROCCO MANISCALCO

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/20/15 06:57 PM

There is only one group of guys that will leave 1800.00 $ in a pocket of a victim.
And it is not a bunch of drug dealers killing a guy that got welshed on a bet .

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/20/15 07:02 PM

Yep. I would bet my life It was one of them SP guys who killed him. He was right there in the heart of it making book on his own. Probably did it for years and thought it was sweet. Somebody leaned on him and he wouldn't pay. I doubt anybody spelled it out for him, next thing you know he's dead.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/20/15 07:06 PM

Honestly the whole "drug dealers lost 60k, and then murdered him" is barely even plausible at best

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/20/15 07:27 PM

Dude was shitting on the sp guys by not coughing up to them also being the nephew of the riccobone ppl he probably wasnt buddies with the right people out on the streets... $60,000 is a big number and if they pay or not others want their cut..... only strange thing IMO, is law enforcement not leaking info refarding OC in s philly being involved... all the rest of the mob hits in the time frame the philly pd know who was involved

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/20/15 09:23 PM

I know this is totally of Topic.. What do u guys think will happen once Skinny Joeys home do u think Mazzone and the gang r going go down to Boca and and Party at joey's Resturant more?? do u think there going stick to the feds
Posted By: scottburn

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/20/15 10:37 PM

thanks for checking me on Maniscalco in the Philly mob hit list....somehow it slipped my mind

scott
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/21/15 09:34 AM

Very logical to connect the dots with Riccobene and Rocky maniscalco. But, it wasn't entirely like that. Maniscalco was not throwing anything in anyone's face. He had more than some people and jealousy and greed rule. He was a businessman and a family man. I hope his family gets closure.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/21/15 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
Very logical to connect the dots with Riccobene and Rocky maniscalco. But, it wasn't entirely like that. Maniscalco was not throwing anything in anyone's face. He had more than some people and jealousy and greed rule. He was a businessman and a family man. I hope his family gets closure.

I hear ya on that, does anyone know who took over his book after that? There is a huge void in the philly area with bookmakers if mastranardo and a few others or their associates did not take over....it would be a lucrative time for the philly family to step into the millions that are out there from center city to the main line from the $100/game guy and on on up to the big movers
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/21/15 05:52 PM

maniscalco wasnt made was he? Do you know or did the cops say who they think wacked him? For Ligambi being low key, theres what 4 murders attributed to him during his reign? I mean no where near the scarfo numbers but more than you'd think considering how LE portrayed him in the media IMO
Posted By: Jimmythepen

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/22/15 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
maniscalco wasnt made was he? Do you know or did the cops say who they think wacked him? For Ligambi being low key, theres what 4 murders attributed to him during his reign? I mean no where near the scarfo numbers but more than you'd think considering how LE portrayed him in the media IMO

It's all relative though. Compared to what went before him then you can see why the portrayed him that way. Look at the bosses in NY, hardly a hit there in years and people will say similar things even though it's not strictly true.
Posted By: mike68

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/22/15 12:24 PM

His sister in the article made it sound like Borgesi had his fingerprints all over it from the can. Wouldn't surprise me if that lunatic orchestrated it.
Posted By: Southphilly4ever

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/22/15 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By: mike68

His sister in the article made it sound like Borgesi had his fingerprints all over it from the can. Wouldn't surprise me if that lunatic orchestrated it.

I have doubts of this hit being mob related for the fact that it came about a year before Ligambi and co got picked up. If the Feds had any leads they would have held off until they could tie this murder into it. Especially regarding Borgesi, Bent Finger was flipping and flopping in both trials with his stories about George yet he had nothing on this hit and he was in his words George's man on the street?

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/22/15 12:42 PM

Southphilly, those are some great points, but I wonder what bent lou really knew because he also didnt say crap about niccodemo in that case and he is supposed to be involved in 2 of those murders, so not sure what all he was privy to or telling the truth about and you had the aponick dude with borgesi in west virginia didn't learn anything going on in philly, but good point s philly

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/22/15 03:55 PM

There's also this 1996 murder I'm sure they will try and pin on Merlino and Borgesi as well.

http://articles.philly.com/2000-11-12/ne...cketeering-case
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/22/15 04:20 PM

I don't wanna slow this thread traffic but, these murders haven't been solved for 5-10-15 years because no one is talking. IF, IF any/some/all of these bodies can be attributed to skinny and crew, someone's gotta talk. And, so far, everyone has stood up. Some are standing tall too.

This could change, if someone gets picked up. But until then, it's all speculation. There is nothing remotely new in any of these articles, posts, etc. including me.

My prediction: skinny walks out of jail to much more speculation and resumes his gig at the restaurant.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/22/15 04:37 PM

I was wondering if Merlino had ever been indicted on the Sodano murder, after reading Previte's book. One has to wonder if that'll pop up in the future too.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/22/15 06:32 PM

He was indicted in Newark, NJ for the Sodano hit and was acquitted.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/22/15 06:38 PM

http://articles.philly.com/2004-03-09/ne...cketeering-case

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/22/15 07:05 PM

Philly PD trying to reign in the drug corners in n philly and moving away from s philly

http://citypaper.net/article.php?The-Departed-23078

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/23/15 06:47 AM

That's an old article from the city paper back in I want to say 2007 about Philly PD Organized crime detectives being peeled away from LCN.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/23/15 07:12 PM

yea I got that impression as well, Borgesi seems like a total psychopath and a bully, but not necessarily a tough guy with his fists...thats a total guess but he comes off as a guy like tommy desimone not physically tough but psychotic and quick to use a weapon....anyone have a number/list of how many hits Borgesi is suspected of carrying out? I realize that it would be a total guess since we don't know for sure, but just curious as to who besides Maniscalco?

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/23/15 07:44 PM

Rat Finger Lou testified that Borgesi signaled with his hands that he was personally involved in 11 homicides to Rat Finger while driving around South Philly once

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/23/15 08:19 PM

thanks for the response Dante, if thats true, who do you think is among that 11? Normally I wouldnt even ask such a question bc theres plenty of mob hits that we wouldnt know about in like NY, NJ or Chicago, but philly there havent been that many since the Stanfa/Merlino war ended...So I got maniscalco, maybe Roger Vella? Veaseys brother (altho I think i read that was Mazzone), Long John Martirano? That guy that was fucking Deb merlino?

The others like Johnny Gongs, Di Pietro were rumored to be Nicodemo...just wonderin if anyone has a guess for hit list for Georgie boy

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/23/15 09:09 PM

FREE MAN

http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/news&id=301156881

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/23/15 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob

I think he's more a friend, a very trusted friend, then guy involved in that life.

You pretty much summed it up

wags made book but I think that was pretty much it

Most likely Joey's courier/middle man for messages and funds

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/24/15 08:09 AM

Joey can just have his meetings out in the water off boca now, not sure anyone could get a wire into the atlantic, but im sure the feds have some type of water proofing listening devices at their disposal
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/24/15 08:33 AM

Joey can just have his meetings out in the water off boca now, not sure anyone could get a wire into the atlantic, but im sure the feds have some type of water proofing listening devices at their disposal

Probably strap a bug to a dolphin and make it swim around the boat.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/24/15 08:49 AM

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

Probably strap a bug to a dolphin and make it swim around the boat.

Thats some good shit right there........ just get a hot south american beauty to bounce around the near fellas and frolic around in the water and put some listening devices implanted into her gimmicks their eyes would always be on the mikes

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/24/15 10:55 AM

https://twitter.com/DSchratwieser/status/591420803494895616

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/24/15 02:54 PM

wow Joey's out now...over/under 2 months on how long until hes spotted meeting with some member of the family?
Posted By: Ted

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/26/15 03:44 PM

wow Joey's out now...over/under 2 months on how long until hes spotted meeting with some member of the family?

From the link merlino provided above: "Mob Boss Joey Merlino now free to associate with whoever he wants. Philly pals headed to Florida."

I'll take the under. lol

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/26/15 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyWhip

I hear ya on that, does anyone know who took over his book after that? There is a huge void in the philly area with bookmakers if mastranardo and a few others or their associates did not take over....it would be a lucrative time for the philly family to step into the millions that are out there from center city to the main line from the $100/game guy and on on up to the big movers

I don't think the high end clientele that the brothers dealt with wants anything to do with any mobbed up bookmakers. Nor do any of them have the sterling reputation when it comes to bookmaking that they did.

Totally different clientele. Philly mob connected book makers are servicing the dead beats, the 500 dollar bets.

The other guys were servicing the well off. 50k type bets.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 10:35 AM

Newest Scott Article on Merlino

According to Scott it looks like Skinny Joey is putting the band back together in Boca this weekend, LOL!
Posted By: spmob

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 01:01 PM

Since Borgesi was recently mentioned is this article i just wanted to say I saw him a few minutes ago. I didn't want to create any thread but I know some guys like to hear that stuff. I guess I wanted to post this to say he looking healthy/good and not showing off. He got into a a newer model honda accord. Nothing fancy about him. Maybe he will miss the next indictment because it appears most of his activities since he went to jail and subsequently came out was all with Bent Lou and his Uncle Joe. Those trials are over. Thats if its a new indictment based on new info. Id think they would need a serous rat to get him on some old murder charge. The Feds definitely thought they were gonna get Nicodemo to flip and he was the key to bringing down the "kingdom". Lol at kingdom

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 01:20 PM

you see him in philly or jersey...maybe he gots himslef a new legit job!!!! Nice find

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

According to Scott it looks like Skinny Joey is putting the band back together in Boca this weekend, LOL!

He's nuts. Just because he doesn't have any restrictions doesn't mean they won't be watching. Call it harassment or whatever you want. But it is what it is. They're gonna be watching this guy like a hawk.

I know very little about Philly except for what I read and what some of the sharper Philly posters tell me. But I do know something about the life and Federal harassment. I also live in Delray Beach for four or five months a year. And believe me, South Florida is no better for Joey Merlino than Philadelphia. Not if he's going to remain "active."

The local cops hate northerners like poison, and they're happier than horseshit when they're asked to take part in joint task forces with the FDLE and the FBI. He should head west. Arizona or Western California. Because if he's still in the game (and I'm not saying that he is), and he flaunts it down there, they're gonna nail him.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 04:17 PM

At SPMob-

now I'm a jersey guy but at one point of my life I was dating a South Philly neighborhood girl and know exactly what you are talking about. I would always see the South Philly mobsters out and about when I was with her in the neighborhood and everyone knows everyone in south philly. The Philly LCN in that neighborhood is like the popular kids in HS How everyone in that community reports their "sightings" and gossips about those guys.(at least how it appeared to me, a complete outsider from Jersey). Funny story, one night we were out drinking at Quattro and I personally witnessed Sonny Mazzone light a stink bomb and hurl it into the men's room there and run away giggling , LOL

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 07:57 PM

haha@ I predicted this half joking/half not a week or 2 ago on another board

Joey will always be Joey, its tough to hate the guy

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 08:01 PM

He's nuts. Just because he doesn't have any restrictions doesn't mean they won't be watching. Call it harassment or whatever you want. But it is what it is. They're gonna be watching this guy like a hawk.

I know very little about Philly except for what I read and what some of the sharper Philly posters tell me. But I do know something about the life and Federal harassment. I also live in Delray Beach for four or five months a year. And believe me, South Florida is no better for Joey Merlino than Philadelphia. Not if he's going to remain "active."

The local cops hate northerners like poison, and they're happier than horseshit when they're asked to take part in joint task forces with the FDLE and the FBI. He should head west. Arizona or Western California. Because if he's still in the game (and I'm not saying that he is), and he flaunts it down there, they're gonna nail him.

He knows they are going to be watching him. He doesn't give a fuck. lol

I agree though him being like this they are going to be dying to nail him, and will more than likely eventually nail him even if it isnt on murder, life on the installment plan

My guess is, he knows they wont leave him alone no matter what. Even if he tried to keep it really quiet so he figures, fuck it

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 08:08 PM

@BlackJack:

Off topic, but is RD down again?

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 08:24 PM

i imagine the philly guys going to meet joey in florida are paranoid as hell…. joey seems smart now from the nicky skins tapes i think he's aware of LE, regardless the photos the fbi will be taking will be bad enough… 100% dumb move
Posted By: cammybatts1

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 08:47 PM

in my opinion Joey Merlino deserves everthing he's got because he did his time like a true mafioso.he deserves to!. be boss

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: cammybatts1
in my opinion Joey Merlino deserves everthing he's got because he did his time like a true mafioso.he deserves to!. be boss

Jesus christ, keep it in your pants bud.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 09:33 PM

lol lol

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 09:51 PM

haa! I'm just trying to say that he coulda fuckin double banged every body a few times. to save his ass.I'm just saying he's probably the closest you'll get to the throwbacks and people who can keep a secret.alotta guys would die if you throw 12 years at em.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 09:57 PM

I kno ive came across as a FAN BOY in the past for good reasons lol.. But In my Opinion I hope Joey Sticks it to the FEDS FOr years to come!!!! For all of u who follow Philly Im sure u guys kno after Merlino ,Mazzone, Borgesi, and company r done!! its goodbye Philly entertaining MOB these r the last of the last OLD SCHOOl Mafioso who might have had more then there fare share of hits.. (not that im encouraging and hoping Murder on ne one).. U kno its Wishful thinking if someone like Mazzone were to flip and I dout he ever will its for a TRUE CRIME BOOK it wd be so fascinating to read about the South Philly crew from when scarfo sr gets sent to jail on from a rats perspective the meetings and plannins someone who was with JOEY!!!!! BUT FOR NOW JOEY STICK IT TO EM and carrying on

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 10:05 PM

@jipjones...Salut clap my friend.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/27/15 10:11 PM

lol lol

I dont mean to be a prick, but professing your love to merlino on one forum is bad enough, but does he really have to go around to all of them??
haa! I'm just trying to say that he coulda fuckin double banged every body a few times. to save his ass.I'm just saying he's probably the closest you'll get to the throwbacks and people who can keep a secret.alotta guys would die if you throw 12 years at em.

Later tonight when your dreaming of joey in your bed, will he be gentile, or do you like him to slap you around a little bit?
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 04:10 AM

Dellacroce, Joey did spend a lot of time in prison... I think he likes to dominate his fanboys in bed. Lol.

For all that those guys write, I agree that a book on young turks would be interesting if it's written from a perspective of one of them.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 09:19 AM

Merlino's always been this way, so it's hard to call him dumb or hate him for it. He's always flaunted being a mobster, and in all honesty, he sort of paints himself as like a caricature of a gangster. It's almost like he's saying "We were just kids from the neighborhood, yeah we shot it out with one another a few times, but can you believe this shit? Can you believe all this attention we're getting? This shit is hysterical..." Previte also says that was always the vibe he got from Joey Merlino, that he just lived with the times. He seems like a guy who knows life isn't promised, so fuck it, might as well live it how you want until they put you away for life, or you get two in the back of the head.

He knows what he is, he knows odds are, he'll suffer the same fate as his father and die in prison. But until then, he's going to scam, he's going to party, he's going to meet with whomever he wants, and he'll do his damnest to get away with it until the other shoe finally drops.

OT: And yeah, RD is down again.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 11:42 AM

haha.you're a funny guy

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 12:19 PM

@BlackJack:

Yes. It has been down for almost a week.

I don't know if anyone has told Tommy or the owner or not.

Not sure what is going on.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 12:23 PM

I saw Borgesi a few months ago. I was shocked, he's not nearly as ugly in person as he is in pictures. Mikey Lance has made a miraculous recovery, he looked like a walking dead man this time last year, now he looks normal again, I think he had cancer.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
@BlackJack:

It's weird because I got a pm in the middle of the night. I got the email notification right away because I couldn't sleep. But by the time I went to answer it five minutes later the site was down, and it's been down again ever since. Weird.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 01:02 PM

Blackjack $500 a game is a big deal. Not a dedbeat. Not even close. I bet 1-300 a game with these guys and I pay or collect over 1200 a week. They have like 30 guys who bet that much each. Than you got the nickel and dime guys. That is a high roller. No one is betti ng 50k a game except in Vegas or possibly some rich whales did wi th Joe vito

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 01:04 PM

I saw Borgesi a few months ago. I was shocked, he's not nearly as ugly in person as he is in pictures. Mikey Lance has made a miraculous recovery, he looked like a walking dead man this time last year, now he looks normal again, I think he had cancer.
from what I heard Lance was a huge drinker and since he was sick he quit. Probably explains why he is looking better

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 01:06 PM

Just a fun fact too according to several bookies I know the NFL crushed them last year because of t he continual increase in high scoring games. Basketball, nba and college is still a huge moneymaker

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 02:32 PM

Blackjack $500 a game is a big deal. Not a dedbeat. Not even close. I bet 1-300 a game with these guys and I pay or collect over 1200 a week. They have like 30 guys who bet that much each. Than you got the nickel and dime guys. That is a high roller. No one is betti ng 50k a game except in Vegas or possibly some rich whales did wi th Joe vito

Ya $500 bets can help you or hurt you real quick from thursday to sunday night and trying to catch up on Monday night to cover your losses.....NBA is big right now and the moneyline bets on the fight come saturday could be a big money for some sides....i got paquiao at +200 think its been dropping as it gets closer
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 03:24 PM

@BlackJack:

It's weird because I got a pm in the middle of the night. I got the email notification right away because I couldn't sleep. But by the time I went to answer it five minutes later the site was down, and it's been down again ever since. Weird.

I like the Real Deal a lot but the forum is dying this way. They need to take better care of it.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 09:21 PM

Maybe I exxagerated a little, but i was just using the number 5 and adding the zeros to compare the difference between the actionn they take

And I am saying that 500 a game is small time compared to what joe vito was taking in on his bets per game.

Of course not EVERY bet was 50 k. But I am sure there were most likely some in that range. Let me find some info from an article...

In his prime, vice cops affectionately dubbed him "the gentleman gambler of Montgomery County." Mayor Frank L. Rizzo called him son-in-law.

And in the gambling world, Joseph Vito Mastronardo Jr. was known as one of America's premier sports bookmakers, with a network stretching from his home in Huntingdon Valley to a Costa Rican office park that raked in millions from high-end gamblers who thought nothing of dropping $10,000 or more on a game.

http://articles.philly.com/2015-02-19/news/59273584_1_gambler-federal-judge-bookmaking-charges

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 09:24 PM

I mean the guy was busted with like 500 k on him and they dug up over a million in "rainy day" money in his yard.

Guy shouldnt even be jailed imo. Running a business that should be legal all around and doesnt hurt people

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 09:42 PM

I mean the guy was busted with like 500 k on him and they dug up over a million in "rainy day" money in his yard.

Guy shouldnt even be jailed imo. Running a business that should be legal all around and doesnt hurt people

There's absolutely no reason to devote so much manpower to non-violent crime in this country, especially in light of what's been going on lately (riots, etc.). It's absurd.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 10:19 PM

There's absolutely no reason to devote so much manpower to non-violent crime in this country, especially in light of what's been going on lately (riots, etc.). It's absurd.

I 110 % agree with you on that.

Speaking of riots..

All the BS going on down here in Baltimore is so uncalled for and out of control.

Tearing their own neighborhoods apart (Never quite understood this form of protest, call me crazy)

Costing the city millions...shut down the Orioles games for two days as well

Fucking animals.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/28/15 10:38 PM

Destroying property is like the oldest form of rioting/resistance in history (by all races).

White people usually do it when one of their favorite sports teams loses.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/29/15 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Destroying property is like the oldest form of rioting/resistance in history (by all races).

Glad someone said it.

Although destroying the property in your own neighborhood doesn't make much since to me. You're taking away from your own resources. You're taking away your money and job opportunities. It's like being a cocaine dealer and sniffing all your shit.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/29/15 11:14 AM

Agreed, you walk into the track or brothel knowing what is going to happen, you (usually) have your own money and know the results of spending it, in one case it is ususally always a winning chance, the betting on the horse or team, is a gamble

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/29/15 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

Glad someone said it.

Although destroying the property in your own neighborhood doesn't make much since to me. You're taking away from your own resources. You're taking away your money and job opportunities. It's like being a cocaine dealer and sniffing all your shit.

It doesn't make sense. You're right.

I wasn't saying it was a good idea, I was just offering an explanation for what is going on.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/29/15 12:02 PM

from what I heard Lance was a huge drinker and since he was sick he quit. Probably explains why he is looking better

I never knew Lance was a big drinker, and I live a stones throw from him. I really though he'd be dead by the way he looked a while ago.

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/29/15 12:09 PM

I never knew Lance was a big drinker, and I live a stones throw from him. I really though he'd be dead by the way he looked a while ago.

I bet Marty can drink him under the table

lol

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/29/15 01:54 PM

ha we may have been almost neighbors then. I'm in south jersey now, sooo much nicer here. Most of them guys are huge drinkers
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Skinny Joey Murder Indictment? - 04/29/15 02:37 PM

ha we may have been almost neighbors then. I'm in south jersey now, sooo much nicer here. Most of them guys are huge drinkers

how the philly mob keeps beating cases is odd?

seeing how they always end up in a case
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET