Home

Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article.

Posted By: NickyScarfo

Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 07:29 AM

Came across this article today written by Capeci just after Gotti went down, he was of the opinion at the time that Robert (Cabert) Bisaccia may become the new Gambino boss.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/capeci-capo-succeed-article-1.2161671
Posted By: yigido

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 07:37 AM

Nice article Nicky
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 07:41 AM

thanks man smile
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 07:47 AM

So everyone who could have taken the top spot was either too frail, too stupid, too old, too uninterested or some combination of the above.
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 07:50 AM

Interesting article thanks

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 07:59 AM

Tribute to Bisaccia.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/07/nyregion/07towns.html?_r=0

Didn't know he inspired the "Funny how" scene in Goodfellas.
Posted By: bronx

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 08:46 AM

great story, bobby was a NJ and never would have been made boss, also he was a gambler with no control, after that he was a gem for the mob..made a great captain.very loyal to gotti. shame he did not take a deal.. the rest of the story about the other guys is on point for the most part, thanks for posting it

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 08:48 AM

the ny times story is also great i had mentioned this is a past thread.wonder how bobby b let joe dente take him..anyone know?
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 09:36 AM

As you said ,bobby was a degenerate gambler and could be very abusive and manipulative to his crew. He would not think twice of taking your daughters communion money to pay a debt. Boss? Never would of happened. He was feared, loved, respected, and resented all at once. Behind the scenes, not too many crew members were sad to see him go.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 10:57 AM

"My overall feeling about Bobby is this; he was a degenerate gambler who robbed all the guys under him. He is a ballsy guy, but a loudmouth bully who picks his spots. No one said it out loud, but when they gave him 40 years almost everyone, including his own crew said good
riddance."

Steve Lenehan

Interesting Q&A with Lenehan; lots of heavy hitters name dropped.

http://www.americanmafia.com/feature_articles_162.html

Many of his claims discredited below.

http://www.geocities.ws/stevenlenehan/12162005.html

The debate over whether Lenehan is "Picasso" on a certain mob forum is pretty hilarious - especially in light of what has went down on this site over the last couple days.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 11:49 AM

I came across that guy on google the other day. Who's Steve Lenehan? There was a cover of some shitty book I came across that stated he was the man Tony Soprano was based on. Lol.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 12:01 PM

Steve Lenehan is just another mob worshipper who never made anything of his life. Bisaccia was pretty much hated. His own crew didn't even like him, and isn't that kind of a pre-requisite for becoming boss? The Bergin Crew loved Gotti. It's way different.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
I came across that guy on google the other day. Who's Steve Lenehan? There was a cover of some shitty book I came across that stated he was the man Tony Soprano was based on. Lol.

he was a low level drug dealing associate in north jersey turned rat, now its rumored that he posts over on the real deal forum. ive never been a member of that forum but its pretty much been confirmed that he posts under the handle "Picasso" over there, apparently he tried to pass himself off as a made guy in the Genovese family lol.
Posted By: DB

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 08:44 PM

That guy terrified people in the area

That section in NJ produced as many NJ wise guys then possibly anywhere else, and powerful guys

the 3 top families have a presence there

Gambling debts has resulted in them controlling several restaurants and garbage is still on lockdown . Gambling is probably as strong as it's ever been, even the Italian restaurants have sports games on at all times , lol
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 08:44 PM

lol @Capeci thinking Bobby would get the top spot, 10 guys would have got it before him.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
The debate over whether Lenehan is "Picasso" on a certain mob forum is pretty hilarious

He's a complete fraud. Batman at RD ripped his act apart by doing incredibly in-depth research at his own expense to find out just who he was and where he was located.

He was a low-level stoolie who went into WITSEC and was promptly arrested in Central Florida for bilking elderly people out of their retirement money and Medicare benefits. He's sick in the head.

And yes, for years he posted as Picasso and claimed to be a made guy with the Westside. The fact that the guy is about as Italian as Kim Jong-un is what made it all the more laughable. Google his picture. He's as pasty-faced as an AIDS patient who's been living in the North Pole for forty years.

especially in light of what has went down on this site over the last couple days.

I'm just curious, Moe. What is this supposed to mean? Maybe I missed something. But I'm a little bit lost. Help me out here.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 09:46 PM

PB, don't even entertain Moe, 90% of the time he trolls, 10% serious.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: bronx
the ny times story is also great i had mentioned this is a past thread.wonder how bobby b let joe dente take him..anyone know?

Pesci was working all over the neighborhood, from Amici's to Mario's to the old Ann and Tony's (the real one). Joe D set up his movie production company out west, made Bobby Manna a partner, and they worked it out amicably through Hoboken and Rudy's crew. Plus, Larry Black was still alive at the time, and I know I don't have to go into detail with you there. Suffice it to say, that was a big plus for them.

They didn't get him for nothing, though. The Gambinos earned off him a little bit right up to the early '80s. Once Joe D had Pesci officially to himself, he eventually cut him loose. Joe D wasn't a greedy guy, as far as those guys go (as I'm sure you know). For a guy who got that far in that world, he was one of the most easygoing of them that I can remember.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Well, if he's referring to me and that asshole with his sleeper account (and we all know it was either Lieber and/or Mexican Heritage), an intelligent poster would take heed in the fact that he just got a thirty day suspension for running his mouth off about me.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 09:51 PM

"My overall feeling about Bobby is this; he was a degenerate gambler who robbed all the guys under him. He is a ballsy guy, but a loudmouth bully who picks his spots. No one said it out loud, but when they gave him 40 years almost everyone, including his own crew said good
riddance."

Steve Lenehan

Interesting Q&A with Lenehan; lots of heavy hitters name dropped.

http://www.americanmafia.com/feature_articles_162.html

Many of his claims discredited below.

http://www.geocities.ws/stevenlenehan/12162005.html

The debate over whether Lenehan is "Picasso" on a certain mob forum is pretty hilarious - especially in light of what has went down on this site over the last couple days.

God that interview is embarassing. Disappointed in Scott.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 10:25 PM

Is that the same Scott that runs gangsterreport and posts here?
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 10:39 PM

Think you're wrong about Moe.

Trolling is stirring shit for shit's sake. Moe makes innocent jokes, some better than others agreed but at no posters expense, that I've seen.

Now granted his sense of humour may not be to your taste but to label him a troll is unwarranted, imo.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

No thats scott burnstein. This is scott deische who is also an author who specializes on the tampa mafia, among other things, he also posts here from time to time.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Moe makes innocent jokes, some better than others agreed but at no posters expense, that I've seen.

I've offered him friendship. I even pm'd him after a misunderstanding while I still had my pm feature enabled, and he didn't even have the decency to reply to me, even though the pm said that it was read. And if his bringing up that fraud Lenehan/Picasso was a subtle dig at me, it didn't go unnoticed, and it won't be forgotten. I honestly hope I'm wrong because you seem to like the guy.

As an aside, I tried to return your email the other day and it bounced back at me. I got this (I obviously left out your email address for privacy reasons):

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
As an aside, I tried to return your email the other day and it bounced back at me. I got this (I obviously left out your email address for privacy reasons):

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

Oh. Appreciate the heads up mate. I'll look into.
Cheers.
Posted By: ItalianForever

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Pesci was working all over the neighborhood, from Amici's to Mario's to the old Ann and Tony's (the real one). Joe D set up his movie production company out west, made Bobby Manna a partner, and they worked it out amicably through Hoboken and Rudy's crew. Plus, Larry Black was still alive at the time, and I know I don't have to go into detail with you there. Suffice it to say, that was a big plus for them.

They didn't get him for nothing, though. The Gambinos earned off him a little bit right up to the early '80s. Once Joe D had Pesci officially to himself, he eventually cut him loose. Joe D wasn't a greedy guy, as far as those guys go (as I'm sure you know). For a guy who got that far in that world, he was one of the most easygoing of them that I can remember.

Wait a second wait second back up. You can't just skim over that like its nothing. Joe Pesci was an associate? That's pretty big no?

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/11/15 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: ItalianForever
Wait a second wait second back up. You can't just skim over that like its nothing. Joe Pesci was an associate? That's pretty big no?

I've mentioned it here ten times over the years. He was on record with Joe Dente. But like I said, Joe was a decent guy and cut him loose once Pesci hit it big. And the way I understand it, no one ever tried to take a dime off Pesci afterwards. Joe Dente was a very well respected guy. From coast to coast. From New York to Chicago to L.A.

Great guy. Died real young back in the '90s. I don't think he even made it to sixty. He was enormous, though. You can't carry that kind of girth and lead a very long life. So much for every Westside guy living to a hundred.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 12:44 AM

I remember Joe Pesci used to have a house in the Seaside Heights NJ area...I would see him alot when i was down there for the summer as a youngster... He patronizes a restaurant in Livingston... Heard he has "Rabbit Ears" when it comes to tipping.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 01:07 AM

Just wanted to add that he's ONE of my favorite actors in the biz. He plays those roles to a T, like he's one of them. SHHH!

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 03:51 AM

Joe D tried to put together a three picture deal with the gambino's after pesce's good fellows, the gambino's wanted to do only one picture.. seagal's wife kelly l, and pesce. the studio would not commit to 3 movies..so the deal fell through..joe dente was built like a square box as pizza says..ton of money .he did time with gotti way back

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 04:22 AM

joe dente was built like a square box as pizza says.

Remember those bowling shirts he wore from B&G next to Gino's Pastry? Like XXXXL. They had to special order them for him. That's all he could wear lol lol.

I'm laughing because very few guys in his position would be able laugh off remarks about his weight. But he could take a joke. If you knew him, anyway. Great fucking guy.

ton of money.

My old man used to say, you can't count Joe's money, you have to weigh it. Yet Rudy died almost broke. You never know in that world.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Think you're wrong about Moe.

Trolling is stirring shit for shit's sake. Moe makes innocent jokes, some better than others agreed but at no posters expense, that I've seen.

Now granted his sense of humour may not be to your taste but to label him a troll is unwarranted, imo.

He's got multiple accounts that he trolls with.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 08:28 AM

You would want to have proof if you are going to make accusations like that, Tommy.

I'm going to discuss that with the moderators.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 08:35 AM

@ pizzaboy

I am sorry for not replying to your private message. I am sure I had a lot going on at the time and I simply forgot about it. At the same time, I don't have an obligation to respond to every private message. If that is my biggest offense while being on these boards, then I think I am doing well.

By the way, I was going to pm you to explain but you explicitly said you were only accepting pm's from established posters you know and trust - so I was simply being polite and respecting your wishes.

The post you referred to had nothing to do with you. It had to do with "Lieber", "Facchia" and the "Daniel Leo thread". I wasn't singling anyone or anything out.

@ Sonny Blackstein

Thank you for the kind words.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 09:30 AM

Get this straight !!!! Picasso ain'nt Lenihan . I know for a fact and i also know who picasso is. I really do but would never divulge identity. You can take that with whichever grain of salt you choose.
Picasso( internet name) is much older than Lenehan. Picasso also never cooperated. Lenehan ended up as a Bonanno associate whereas Picasso was always with one crew.
Lenehan was around some serious guys and was more than just a very low level associate. I knew who he was, he used to have longish blond hair that was parted in the middle . What he says is true, he was tight with Nicky Palmieri who was a very powerful Genovese associate who never wanted to become made. His brother was already a gambino soldier who basically had the power of a capo. The brothers were split up back in the late fifties after attempting to kill a made gambino guy at a pool hall on bloomfield ave in newark. There was a sit down and both the brothers and another brother were supposed to be killed. Back then the wise guys had a lot of power and if they wanted to find you, they eventually would and you would be dead. These guys lambed it for over a year until it was smoothed over and the brothers were split up into different crews. I can go into more detail but for the sake of brevity i wont.
Again, Lenehan is NOT picasso. Those who think that ain'nt from the streets and dont know shit about bloomfield avenue. These internet deductions are fuckin ludicrous.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By: njcapo35
I remember Joe Pesci used to have a house in the Seaside Heights NJ area...I would see him alot when i was down there for the summer as a youngster... He patronizes a restaurant in Livingston... Heard he has "Rabbit Ears" when it comes to tipping.

He still has that house and its not seaside heights, nor does he go to seaside.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

Huh? Nah. That's Scott Burnstein..The guy who did the Lenehan shit is Scott Deitche.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 10:37 AM

Pesci's shore house is on West Point Island in Lavalette. In the summer you will see him around sometimes in the Ocean County Mall and you will see him at Hemmingway's in Seaside sometimes.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
Get this straight !!!! Picasso ain'nt Lenihan . I know for a fact and i also know who picasso is. I really do but would never divulge identity. You can take that with whichever grain of salt you choose.
Picasso( internet name) is much older than Lenehan. Picasso also never cooperated. Lenehan ended up as a Bonanno associate whereas Picasso was always with one crew.
Lenehan was around some serious guys and was more than just a very low level associate. I knew who he was, he used to have longish blond hair that was parted in the middle . What he says is true, he was tight with Nicky Palmieri who was a very powerful Genovese associate who never wanted to become made. His brother was already a gambino soldier who basically had the power of a capo. The brothers were split up back in the late fifties after attempting to kill a made gambino guy at a pool hall on bloomfield ave in newark. There was a sit down and both the brothers and another brother were supposed to be killed. Back then the wise guys had a lot of power and if they wanted to find you, they eventually would and you would be dead. These guys lambed it for over a year until it was smoothed over and the brothers were split up into different crews. I can go into more detail but for the sake of brevity i wont.
Again, Lenehan is NOT picasso. Those who think that ain'nt from the streets and dont know shit about bloomfield avenue. These internet deductions are fuckin ludicrous.

Hey man, you seen what was said on the last page. In depth shit was done to figure out who he was and where he was posting from. The proof says he's Steve Lenehan on this case, you says the proof is wrong...And what brother is this who was a made gambino soldier? Lenehan is in no way Italian, both his mother and father have irish sounding last names. Unless he has a half brother or they adopted some Italian kid, how can he have a brother who's a Gambino soldier, with the power of a capo?

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 10:54 AM

"Spath" is not an Irish surname.
Posted By: Benny3Balls

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 11:01 AM

Hey man, you seen what was said on the last page. In depth shit was done to figure out who he was and where he was posting from. The proof says he's Steve Lenehan on this case, you says the proof is wrong...And what brother is this who was a made gambino soldier? Lenehan is in no way Italian, both his mother and father have irish sounding last names. Unless he has a half brother or they adopted some Italian kid, how can he have a brother who's a Gambino soldier, with the power of a capo?

I think what Belmont meant was that Jimmy Higgins was with the Gambino's and his brother Nicky was associated with the Genovese. He didn't mean Lenehan's brother (if he even had one). Higgins is in that one picture walking and talking with Tino Fiumara. He's id'd as Adonis but it's Higgins.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 12:38 PM

"Spath" is not an Irish surname.

It's German. Whatever the case, the point is it isn't Italian.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 01:17 PM

Lenehan is NOT picasso, i dont care what kind of in depth investigation took place. True, Lenehan lived in Florida but he is not picasso. I never said lenehan had a brother. I said Lenehans mentor ( nicky palmieri ) had a brother was was a made guy.
Picasso did a few bids but not for the same shit Lenehan did. Lenehan was into drugs and some strong arm shit. Picasso was not into either.
Also, if you look at how picasso wrote, its 100% different than Lenehans. Picasso posted a story years back and it was rather trivial except no one really knew the story except a few. I happened to know the damn story. I sent him a pm and i promised to take it to the grave which i will. He then deleted the post.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 01:20 PM

Benny3balls
Bingo, that is correct..

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 01:21 PM

Lenehan is NOT picasso, i dont care what kind of in depth investigation took place. True, Lenehan lived in Florida but he is not picasso. I never said lenehan had a brother. I said Lenehans mentor ( nicky palmieri ) had a brother who was a made guy.
Picasso did a few bids but not for the same shit Lenehan did. Lenehan was into drugs and some strong arm shit. Picasso was not into either.
Also, if you look at how picasso wrote, its 100% different than Lenehans. Picasso posted a story years back and it was rather trivial except no one really knew the story except a few. I happened to know the damn story. I sent him a pm and i promised to take it to the grave which i will. He then deleted the post.
Saying to me that Lenehan is picasso is like telling pizzaboy that barney belomo is actually john alite in disguise.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/12/15 01:36 PM

@ pizzaboy

I was going to pm you to explain but you explicitly said you were only accepting pm's from established posters you know and trust - so I was simply being polite and respecting your wishes.

Well, it's open now. Temporarily. Because I like to think that I'm a fair man.

It's also open for Belmont. He's the other reason I opened back up. If a new member messages me I'll delete it without opening it, so they shouldn't even bother. I'm sorry it has to be that way, but everyone knows why.
Posted By: moneyman

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/13/15 09:27 AM

funny there is no mention of peter gotti as a candidate for boss
Posted By: yigido

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/13/15 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: moneyman
funny there is no mention of peter gotti as a candidate for boss
If im not wrong he was seen as stupid by most of the Gambino's. Gene was seen as the smarter one I think but he was already in jail then.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/13/15 02:15 PM

the Seaside Heights NJ area

He still has that house and its not seaside heights, nor does he go to seaside.

I know, I said the Seaside area..Growing up i would spend the summer's there, 2 doors down from him near the Barnaget Bay.

You'd be surprised how many mobsters from different families that have/had business's and homes down there, especially in the 80's.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/13/15 10:16 PM

I know the seaside/ ortley/ lavallette area extremely well. Ive been spending my summers there since i was born.
I also know some NY bonanno guys had houses in seaside back in the 70's , early 80's. Not to mention many others currently

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/13/15 10:27 PM

I know the seaside/ ortley/ lavallette area extremely well. Ive been spending my summers there since i was born.
I also know some NY bonanno guys had houses in seaside back in the 70's , early 80's. Not to mention many others currently

Same here, Belmont...I'm sure we crossed paths before, somewhere along the line.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/14/15 08:25 AM

Same here, Belmont...I'm sure we crossed paths before, somewhere along the line.

Probably buddy. Perhaps we met at Temps or the Surf Club.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/14/15 06:15 PM

Jurnior does even mention that guy from jersey. John Dr probaly knew better then to put a jersey guy even on the ruling panel of a prodamintly NYC back then. It was Jr and old guys then kept realigning.

Re: Interesting 1992 Gambino Family Article. - 04/15/15 08:55 AM

No way could bobby cabert ever of been a boss, it just wouldnt of happened.
He was a capo but surely not boss material.
Remember in good fella's when pesci told the story about telling the cop "i thought i told you to go fuck your mother". Thats straight out of caberts mouth. He was like that. Its funny but you can't be a boss and do that kind of shit. He was a ballsy mother fucker though ,and everyone around here knew it.
The old Bloomfield avenue guys and some of the old silver lake guys were as tough as they come.
As an aside for some comic relief. Years back one of those guys passed away and in his obituary rather than mention he worked at xyz for years, or owned such and such business, and because the guy never a worked a day in his life, it just said " he will always be remembered as a sharp dresser".

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET