Home

sally calinbrano

Posted By: mikeyballs211

sally calinbrano - 03/21/15 01:15 PM

saw him mentioned by Moe in the shout box, and was always curious about him from the casso book...anyone know more about him? he was a Genovese skipper in Bk right? Anyone know where at, his crew, who succeeded him etc?
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: sally calinbrano - 03/21/15 01:24 PM

I think Sally Callinbrano is somewhat of a white whale for mob aficionados, mikey; a bit like Billy Batts.

Nobody seems to have concrete proof of his existence. It is possible that author, Philip Carlo, made him up.
Posted By: conopizza

Re: sally calinbrano - 03/22/15 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I think Sally Callinbrano is somewhat of a white whale for mob aficionados, mikey; a bit like Billy Batts.

Nobody seems to have concrete proof of his existence. It is possible that author, Philip Carlo, made him up.

Moe-- I think you missed this--

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=665543

With Mr. Knuckles having pointed the way, I can assure you Salvatore Celambrino did exist and that he was a very serious Brooklyn gangster.

Carlo can't write or transcribe or spell well but in this case, he was just sloppy, not fallacious.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: sally calinbrano - 03/22/15 06:52 AM

And how about that guy "Long John" a serious gambino capo?Carlo mentiones him too,and I never heard of him.
Posted By: azguy

Re: sally calinbrano - 03/23/15 08:42 PM

billy batts, lol...
Posted By: Extortion

Re: sally calinbrano - 03/23/15 09:28 PM

carlo was piece of shit writer.
Posted By: Raven

Re: sally calinbrano - 11/27/16 01:10 PM

Yeah he was bad. How does a well known, published author misspell a name? Didn't he have an editor or something to check facts and names out?

He also wrote that piece of crap on Kuklinski. I swear if Kuklinski had told Carlo he fired the magic bullet in Dealey plaza Carlo would have printed it.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: sally calinbrano - 11/27/16 01:15 PM

You can find a little about Sally in those mafia memb chart, early bios. Look it up
Posted By: pmac

Re: sally calinbrano - 11/27/16 05:51 PM

There was a guy sally the bug who most likely killed hoffa then him an his brother were whacked.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: sally calinbrano - 11/27/16 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
There was a guy sally the bug who most likely killed hoffa then him an his brother were whacked.

Sally Briguglio.
Posted By: yatescj7

Re: sally calinbrano - 11/28/16 04:47 AM

Phil Carlo was a flunkie. Money was his main concern not facts. Sally Celambrino was in Mike Miranda's crew. Sally Celambrino's social club was at 199 Bridge street.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET