Home

Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony

Posted By: JCrusher

Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/19/15 08:43 AM

Most of the time the boss performs induction ceremonies, however there have been times where the underboss and/or consigliere will do it in the boss's place. Knowing that Big Paul and Gotti never got along and Neil was given more control over certain crews is it safe to assume Neil performed Gotti's and Angelo's induction ceremony when they got out of prison?
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/19/15 10:22 AM

Yeah, probably.. who else could have done it? Even though Angelo was his nephew he had to do it. John didn't wanna induct his son when he was boss though, so he made Sammy do the ceremony if I recall correctly.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/19/15 11:52 AM

I came over information some time ago that Gotti´s sponsor was Joe N Gallo, the consigliere. So I wouldn´t be surprised if it was actually Gallo who oversaw Gotti´s induction ceremony. As the boss of the Family, Castellano may have very well have been the one who oversaw the induction ceremony though. There was some "bad blood" between Castellano and Dellacroce I´m sure, but the really serious rift came later with the tapes and around the time when Dellacroce started to talk about "hitting the mattresses".
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/19/15 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Most of the time the boss performs induction ceremonies, however there have been times where the underboss and/or consigliere will do it in the boss's place. Knowing that Big Paul and Gotti never got along and Neil was given more control over certain crews is it safe to assume Neil performed Gotti's and Angelo's induction ceremony when they got out of prison?

The hatred didn't really manifest itself until after Gotti was made, especially after Angelo and the tapes, which was roughly five years later. Paul very well may have conducted the ceremony.

Edit: Oops, Hairy beat me to it.
Posted By: Vknicks

Re: Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/19/15 05:26 PM

What a weird situation that family was, by the end before Neil died and Castalano killed was almost like two families, the easiest way to understand how this could happen is the distrust was started way before Paul became boss , the distrust started after Anastia was killed and Gambino being named boss, nc Neil was an Anastia supporter and knew Gambino had his hand in that
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/19/15 11:56 PM

It seems Castellano himself presided at Gotti's induction ceremony. Of course, it would make sense that Dellacroce and Gallo were there also.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/20/15 07:21 PM

Gerry Lang used to do it a lot for the Colombo's.
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/21/15 02:08 AM

Moe I was always curious about Gerry Lang, he seemed to come outta obscurity to be UB, never read much about him... I could be wrong and just misinformed but anyone know more about him?...sorry its a little off topic but if I see another Fuckin Gotti thread im gonna vomit enough with that god damn family theyve been talked about.ad nauseam
Posted By: Chance

Re: Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/21/15 03:13 AM

I could have sworn I either read or saw in a documentary that Castellano was the one leading the ceremony. But back then when LE wasn't coming down as hard wasn't it part of the induction to have not only the higherarchy but most if not all capos present as well? Or am I completely wrong about this?
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/21/15 03:17 AM

I don't know if there is a set way to do things but I've heard everything from people getting made in a prison cell to people getting made in a restaurant bathroom. Maybe that's just out of necessity and usually there are formalities like that. Others here are far more qualified. But I can say not every time for sure
Posted By: Chance

Re: Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/21/15 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: blacksheep
I don't know if there is a set way to do things but I've heard everything from people getting made in a prison cell to people getting made in a restaurant bathroom. Maybe that's just out of necessity and usually there are formalities like that. Others here are far more qualified. But I can say not every time for sure

I've heard the same thing. To me it would be a bad omen being inducted in a jail/prison cell and being inducted in a bathroom would feel cheap. But then again to a lot of these guys I've heard being made is almost like the ultimate high so at the time they probably don't care where its done at
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: Did Neil oversee Gotti's induction ceremony - 03/21/15 03:43 AM

Half these guys are so obsessed with a button they would get made during a rectal exam and not think twice about it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET