Home

FBI always defending their corrupt colleagues

Posted By: Dwalin2011

FBI always defending their corrupt colleagues - 03/12/15 04:02 PM

Have just bought the book "C-1 and the Chicago Mob" by Vincent L. Inserra. The author is a former FBI agent who worked on the Outfit from 1957 to 1976. The information in the book is interesting, but at the end there is a chapter talking about handling informants, the author remembers the Whitey Bulger example and, like many others, starts complaining about "poor John Connolly" doing 40 years in prison for "relatively harmless crimes" convicted "only on tenstimony of murderous informants". I don't get it, is there at least ONE FBI agent who acknowledges that there may be "bad guys" among them? Joe Pistone defends Paul Rico and Lindley DeVecchio, Inserra now defends Connolly, and I read so did many other FBI agents. Is there at least somebody in the FBI who rightfully labels people like Rico, Connolly, Morris and DeVecchio as traitors and the shame of their department?

By the way, how do the police speak of Eppolito and Caracappa? Do they see them as martyrs like FBI sees the individuals mentioned above or do they acknowledge that they had hitmen in uniforms in their midst?
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: FBI always defending their corrupt colleagues - 03/12/15 04:10 PM

good questions, as far as the two new York city police[hitmen] they are indeed the most shameful human beings ive ever heard of

I think the NYPD is strangely silent about them, acting like they never happened.

as far as the FBI is concerned their agents can never do anything wrong,and remember those are just the ones we hear about.

there will never be a mea culpa in the FBI. but, you are right there should be.
Posted By: bronx

Re: FBI always defending their corrupt colleagues - 03/12/15 06:36 PM

they make them rouge agents if the finger points to damning.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: FBI always defending their corrupt colleagues - 03/12/15 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
I don't get it, is there at least ONE FBI agent who acknowledges that there may be "bad guys" among them? Joe Pistone defends Paul Rico and Lindley DeVecchio, Inserra now defends Connolly, and I read so did many other FBI agents. Is there at least somebody in the FBI who rightfully labels people like Rico, Connolly, Morris and DeVecchio as traitors and the shame of their department?

I think the answer is yes, because that's how guys like Devecchio got into trouble in the first place...their own underlings reporting them. Of course, those agents were practically excommunicated socially during the time they made the allegations. The name Chris Favo might be one of them.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: FBI always defending their corrupt colleagues - 03/13/15 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: bronx
they make them rouge agents if the finger points to damning.
this
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: FBI always defending their corrupt colleagues - 03/13/15 11:18 AM

I think they werent suprised with eppolito. I mean pretty much his whole family was involved in the mob. Caracappa also had gotten in trouble as a younger man
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: FBI always defending their corrupt colleagues - 03/13/15 12:32 PM

Quote:
Joe Pistone defends Paul Rico and Lindley DeVecchio

I read that Pistone defended Devecchio when he was accused by Linda Schiro, while Rico think is indefensible because it has been proven that joint Limone Salviati etc. and has committed at least two murders.

I think that the FBI look down the various towns and state polices, believing to be part of an elite, and therefore are not as rude and corrupt cops but the honest and intelligent agents of the FBI, of course, their they made their mistakes: in the eighties even an agent, was sentenced to 25 years because was a spy for the Soviet Union.

If you want a mea culpa they never will, will say we have a few bad apples, but the rest are incorruptible agents.
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: FBI always defending their corrupt colleagues - 03/14/15 03:44 PM

When FBI agents defend convicted fbi agents, their credibility goes right down the crapper and I would disregard most of what they say !!
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: FBI always defending their corrupt colleagues - 03/14/15 11:00 PM

I agree with Dilorenzo..when they spend their lives gathering evidence of crimes against wiseguys and then ignore the mountains of evidence against one of their own like deVecchio they lose credibility and come off as idiotic..and Pistone did an amazing jobb doing what he did but his defense of Lin simply bc hes a fed is stupid
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET