Home

If Albert Anastasia survived the hit...

Posted By: RedBullets

If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/08/15 05:07 PM

What would have been his next move?
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/08/15 09:29 PM

hmmm, one thing he wouldn't do is attempt to flee. He perceived himself as too strong to stoop to such a thing.

His only hope would be to attempt to shelve himself.

Now who could imagine Albert Anastasia as a harmless "former" gangster?
Posted By: azguy

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/08/15 09:56 PM

Would have been war and blood in the streets...
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/08/15 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: RedBullets
What would have been his next move?

To stop shaving and grow a beard.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/08/15 11:24 PM

ive often wondered about that same thing. if the hit was botched as costellos was. you can bet Anastasia would have hit back hard, he had the shooters.
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/09/15 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
ive often wondered about that same thing. if the hit was botched as costellos was. you can bet Anastasia would have hit back hard, he had the shooters.

Yup I was just gonna say I can't see him hanging up the gloves like Costello did. But Costello was a lot smarter then Albert ever was. That's why one died in bed and another died on a barbershop floor.

I'm sure Costello was swimming in money. Why risk war and death when toucan step a side with millions inthe bank and live the rest of your days peaceful. But that's not Albert as everyone knows. He would have cause havoc if he survived but i also think the commission would have stepped in to mediate.

You have to think who the bosses were at the time. They would have avoided the bloodshed.

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/09/15 09:04 PM

well, I agree, however if he would have lived, he would have known his bodyguards were in on it, and also he would have suspected Gambino, and he would have hit Gambino, commission or no commission.

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/09/15 09:53 PM

Makes you think what would have happened if he survived and it went to the commission. Do you think they would have suspected Carlo or just thought of Genovese acting alone.
Posted By: barry

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/10/15 12:07 AM

NEIL woulda hit carlo ...

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/10/15 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: PhillyMob
Makes you think what would have happened if he survived and it went to the commission. Do you think they would have suspected Carlo or just thought of Genovese acting alone.

with a hit that big everybody in the mob would know it was a setup. it would have to be to get Anastasia.

carlo was taking a big chance, and ive read two different versions of who ordered it. in "the mob and the city" alex hortis says that Anastasia met with santos trafficante the morning of the hit, shortly after the meet santos went back to tampa.

and in "five families" raab says it was vito Genovese and profaci, and Gambino, joey gallo used to brag that he and his brother hit Anastasia, both being profaci hitters.

but gallo could have been bragging. trafficante came into the mix because Anastasia wanted in cuba.

its a mystery.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/10/15 10:28 AM

....WHAT IF????????????

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/10/15 09:22 PM

Come to think of it, Albert and Tommy Lucchese had beef before. Joe Bonanno mentioned it in his fairytale autobiography. Naturally if Albert survived, he would have made a move against Tommy Lucchese, either through the Commission or by subterfuge by fomenting rebellion in the Lucchese family. I'd say the latter is more likely than the former since Albert would have put his ear to the ground and realize that whoever tried to hit him, had official sanction. So a complaint filed with the Commission would be useless.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/10/15 09:36 PM

What's wrong with what-ifs, man? After a while you run out of things to talk about. Plus, it's pretty quiet out there, the new leadership is keeping things on the DL.

I realize it's pure speculation but some what ifs are pretty interesting for a discussion, especially 40s-50s scenarios when the CN was at its peak.

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/10/15 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
What's wrong with what-ifs, man? After a while you run out of things to talk about. Plus, it's pretty quiet out there, the new leadership is keeping things on the DL.

I realize it's pure speculation but some what ifs are pretty interesting for a discussion, especially 40s-50s scenarios when the CN was at its peak.

LOL, we'll have plenty to discuss soon enough. We just have to wait for the people presently out committing crimes to get caught. It's only a matter of time.

Re: If Albert Anastasia survived the hit... - 03/11/15 12:05 AM

Yes and soon we will have new documentaries to watch. Tired of all the old stuff. I seen everyone of them. Lol.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET