Home

New Whitey Bulger movie

Posted By: Big_T

New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/03/15 08:29 AM

I apologize ahead of time if there is already a thread on this. I was wondering what everyone's expectations are for this movie? I think Johnny Depp goes without saying. I saw some pictures of him online made up like a younger Whitey, and it was almost eerie how much he resembled him. I believe Depp's acting ability speaks for itself, so we are good there. Joel Edgarton looks like he is a good fit for Zip Connolly, Sienna Miller already resembles a young Katherine Greig. Jesse Plemons is set to play Two Weeks, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to shake his creepy, ice-in-his-veins, psychopath from Breaking Bad. Can't tell which actor is going to play Flemmi yet. Any thoughts?
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/03/15 09:33 AM

I would rather the movie be based off of the book Brutal, instead of Black Mass which although is decent, it does not seem very objective. That being said, I'm glad it's Depp playing him, not Damon of Whalberg or some other clown.
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/03/15 11:32 AM

Film already finished. Release set for Sept. 2015, Rory Cochrane is playing Flemmi, Benedict Cumberbatch is Billy Bulger, and I shit you not, Johnny Martorano is being played by the retarded brother Warren from Something About Mary
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/03/15 03:30 PM

anybody see the recent doc.

USA vs Whitey?

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/03/15 03:51 PM

Haha wow I can see the resemblance to Martarano. No wonder he iced all those bums, he was one ugly son of a bitch.
Posted By: AllDay27

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/03/15 05:52 PM

yeah I saw that doc. decent, nothing we didn't already learn during Whitey-Mania
Posted By: merlino

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/03/15 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
anybody see the recent doc.

USA vs Whitey?
\

I got it on pay per view a few months back I thought it was really good with relatives of the victims and stuff
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/03/15 10:53 PM

The Whitey doc was mainly rehashed shit but had the victims doing most of the talking. Kinda sucked if you ask me.

As for Depp I thought no way he could pull this off but he did look like Whitey in the pics I seen. Rory Cochrane looks like a decent Flemmi too, but not sure if he can play a gangster though.

I'll watch it because I've always followed the story.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/03/15 11:28 PM

Yeah but whitey does talk in the doc which is cool

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/03/15 11:42 PM

That is true. Not much in the way of footage of Whitey speaking , other than some surveillance footage. I would love to see a 60 Minutes feature interview with him.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/03/15 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
I would rather the movie be based off of the book Brutal, instead of Black Mass which although is decent, it does not seem very objective. That being said, I'm glad it's Depp playing him, not Damon of Whalberg or some other clown.

Not sure I agree with your opinion on Black Mass. If anything, I would be least likely to believe everything Kevin Squeeks says.
Posted By: pmac

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 03:43 AM

Marlo I seen it on Netflix and I'm still confused as fuck. Whitey paid them cops n feds to give info. He snitch that's for his murderous friends to decide that didn't flip in a second . as a a I'd reader of this board I know whitey knew flemmi gave up info on the mob but he didn't. There's really no proof. But look at a picture of whitey he lo ed pinky rings shares suits and caddy's so was he a Joe watts I think so.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 05:18 AM

Does whitey ever have to punch anyone in this movie?

Remember Depp in Donnie Brasco he did not actually hit anyone in that movie because Johnny boy has little baby hands. My 4 yr old Grandson has bigger hands then he does. He can't hurt anyone with those little hands.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 07:40 AM

[quote=Footreads]Does whitey ever have to punch anyone in this movie?

Remember Depp in Donnie Brasco he did not actually hit anyone in that movie because Johnny boy has little baby hands. My 4 yr old Grandson

lol lol
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 12:28 PM

I know it's a joke but, Depp hit a couple of people in the Donnie Brasco movie, like the diamond guy in the strip club in one of the beginning scenes. The Maitre'd in the chinese restaurant. One of the agents in that hotel room. Lol.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 12:43 PM

Watch the movie again. He bitch smacked the diamond guy. He hit the Chinese guy with something no his fist.

The only way Depp can hurt any body with his hands if he had a weapon in this hands.

Love to play shot for shot with him in the face. I am old guy he is a young 50 yr old. He would last one shot then go to sleep.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 12:45 PM

Lol.
Posted By: mike68

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 01:42 PM

If they doing the movie by the book, his baby hands are going to have to strangle two women too.

Not directly related but I was at the Cambridge Galleria mall a couple of years ago at most having lunch when a familiar looking older guy walked by with a younger blonde. He had a tracksuit on, with some tattoos on his arm, looked about late 60's, early 70's. I figured out after a while that I swear it was Martorano. Hard to believe that a guy who legitimately murdered over 20 people was sitting near me having his lunch.
Posted By: moneyman

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 02:20 PM

the netflix doc has whitey interview from prison... thought the doc was very well done
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 02:20 PM

Pretty sure he hit the guy in the airport too. .. the "sick fuck" who "grabbed his cock"... lol

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 02:27 PM

"If they doing the movie by the book, his baby hands are going to have to strangle two women too."

He is going to have to surprise her from behind and use a fishing wire or she will break away then kick his ass.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 02:34 PM

In the first season of Ray Donovan they had a Bolger type character on it James Woods played him. He even strangled his girl friend in it.

You should see it woods was great in it.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
He is going to have to surprise her from behind and use a fishing wire or she will break away then kick his ass.

You are killing me over here lol

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 05:37 PM

Think what you want about "kevin squeaks" but for you to say that I highly doubt you read Brutal. The only self serving BS was about his street fights and boosting his own ego. Everything with Bulger is matter of fact, straight to the point, no exaggeration or embellishing. Black Mass, however is written by reporters who obviously hated t he bulgers.
Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 08:01 PM

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 09:14 PM

Pretty crazy how different Depp looks in each movie he is in. He looks a lot like Bulger in that shot.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Think what you want about "kevin squeaks" but for you to say that I highly doubt you read Brutal. The only self serving BS was about his street fights and boosting his own ego. Everything with Bulger is matter of fact, straight to the point, no exaggeration or embellishing. Black Mass, however is written by reporters who obviously hated t he bulgers.

I have read Brutal, as well as Rat Bastards, Black Mass, and Paddy Wacked.
I found them all to be good reads, but for whatever reason, I enjoyed Black Mass the most. It definitely seemed to go into more well rounded detail than Brutal or Rat Bastards. All due respect, I just never seem to get as much out of the books written by rats. I didn't buy into Carlo's Gaspipe book either.
Posted By: Joerusso

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/04/15 10:28 PM

I dont know if any movie or book will be descriptive as what the trial brought out of people. I mean I heard the black mass was very good. I mean if they wanted to make a movie that would be epic. I would first start by doing the whole movie in southie not just small clips because woburn and danvers is no fucking southie by a longshot. Second I would use the book and any other book to get a idea, perspective and take pieces from it. I wouldve paid, Martorano,weeks, shea, even whitey and flemmi, connoly themselves or any other character like winter or Pat Nee. That way the movie would be very authentic. My opinion but as a Bostonian, I was upset they didnt do majority of the movie in Southie.
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/05/15 12:03 AM

I can't help but think "Frank and beans " when i see that guy. (W. Earl Brown)

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/05/15 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Joerusso
I dont know if any movie or book will be descriptive as what the trial brought out of people. I mean I heard the black mass was very good. I mean if they wanted to make a movie that would be epic. I would first start by doing the whole movie in southie not just small clips because woburn and danvers is no fucking southie by a longshot. Second I would use the book and any other book to get a idea, perspective and take pieces from it. I wouldve paid, Martorano,weeks, shea, even whitey and flemmi, connoly themselves or any other character like winter or Pat Nee. That way the movie would be very authentic. My opinion but as a Bostonian, I was upset they didnt do majority of the movie in Southie.

You have a point and from what I hear Wahlberg and whoever is doing the "other" movie supposedly met up with Whitey in prison but not sure how true that is.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/05/15 08:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Joerusso

You make some great points and have some good ideas. I wonder what the cost and logistics would be of the the things you recommend? Would definitely make for a more well rounded and accurate movie.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 03/08/15 01:01 AM

I feel like it can either be an absolute classic or a bust. I'm not Depp's biggest fan just because he plays some weird characters that I just can't get into. But when he plays more serious roles(donnie brasco, blow) then he is great. I haven't seen too much buzz around the movie though as opposed to let's say Star Wars or the Revenant with Leo DiCaprio. Then again nobody has seen a second of either 3 movies so that can change. If black mass really is good enough then it'll get some nominations and recognition for being great. The directer is scott Cooper I think. So hopefully he directed the movie of his life. I'm really anticipating it. I need to see a trailer already though.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/18/15 10:16 PM

title of the film released yesterday
"Black Mass"

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/19/15 11:18 AM

Pretty sure that's been known for sometime. Isn't it based on a book of the same name about Bulger?

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/19/15 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Pretty sure that's been known for sometime. Isn't it based on a book of the same name about Bulger?

I knew that was the working title as they were shooting but I heard they were kicking around other title ideas

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/na...zROL/story.html

The Whitey Bulger biopic shot in Boston last summer is officially called “Black Mass,” the studio announced Friday. It’s hardly a surprise considering the film, directed by Scott Cooper and starring Johnny Depp as the notorious South Boston mob boss, is based on the book “Black Mass: The True Story of an Unholy Alliance Between the FBI and the Irish Mob,” written by former Globe staffers Dick Lehr and Gerard O’Neill. The movie, which also stars Joel Edgerton, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jesse Plemons, Kevin Bacon, Rory Cochrane, Dakota Johnson, and Julianne Nicholson, opens Sept 18

I watched this locally produced special about Whitey and his associates and victims the other day

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/20/15 04:02 AM

Gets is right, it was a working title it seemed for a while. It is "loosely" based on the book so there is no telling if it will try to be based on real life, or if there will be more Hollywood involved.

But as for the title I don't think it was for sure known until gets posted it above.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/20/15 10:12 AM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

Gets is right, it was a working title it seemed for a while. It is "loosely" based on the book so there is no telling if it will try to be based on real life, or if there will be more Hollywood involved.

But as for the title I don't think it was for sure known until gets posted it above.

Everytime I've seen it talked about it's been referred to as "Black Mass" so either way, people have referred to the film under that name for a while. Now it's official.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/21/15 01:11 AM

Everytime I've seen it talked about it's been referred to as "Black Mass" so either way, people have referred to the film under that name for a while. Now it's official.

Well duh, of course we would mention Black Mass as the title because it was based off the book. If the title hadn't come out yet we'd still be calling it that, but it still doesn't change the fact that they just now come out and said it like my man Gets said in the thread earlier.

But I'm done with this so if you want to bicker more about the title feel free but I've said my peace.

Hopefully this movie is worth watching.
Posted By: Terence

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/22/15 05:05 PM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/f...20150422?page=1

New stills released this week for Black Mass. Looks promising. Can't wait to see the trailer.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/22/15 10:00 PM

They removed all but one photo, Warner Bros acting a fool
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/23/15 03:28 PM

Posted By: Terence

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/23/15 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Thanks IvyLeague!

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/23/15 10:47 PM

I'll skip it rather see the new Jurassic park. Whitey should just publish his auto all ready but what I think and maybe all the other Irish think about him I think he dies in jail like a lot of other mobsters without a whimper. Look at the picks of him he's dressed just like all the Italian mobsters he joined winter hill threw Joe Russo he wanted in I think.

Re: New Whitey Bulger movie - 04/23/15 10:49 PM

Pinky rings and caddy's nuff said. He could have wore a clater ring or how ever you say it like every other Irish. Wat about his leather cowboy boots some other mob guys did that.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET