Home

james caan

Posted By: Binnie_Coll

james caan - 02/20/15 05:50 PM

james caan... the way the story goes is that james caan met and became close friends with carmine persico while filming the godfather. he is said to have extensive ties to organized crime.

years back, there was a story in the newspaper that in an apartment in L.A. while he was sleeping on the couch, a man was thrown out of a window.

lately an informer [ a man named fiata] said that james caan asked him to kill joe pesci, because he failed to pay a hotel bill. is this guy really involved in the mob, or is he a little punk wannabe.

anybody know anything about this guy?
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 05:57 PM

The quote I always read was the Caan would have given anything to have been a connected guy.

Certain that he kept ties with the people he studied to become Santino but never heard about real killers interfering with his career/life in a public manner like the case with Mickey Rourke.

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
The quote I always read was the Caan would have given anything to have been a connected guy.

Certain that he kept ties with the people he studied to become Santino but never heard about real killers interfering with his career/life in a public manner like the case with Mickey Rourke.

never heard about mickey rourke's ties to organized crime. I must have missed that read.

what is that about?
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 07:07 PM

Andrew Russo, the acting boss of the colombo family is godfather to james son, scott caan.
Posted By: sbhc

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 07:08 PM

@Binnie Coll, Rourke became friends with Gotti sr and jnr.

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 07:10 PM

Rourke was rolling with some of the biker groups and started getting involved and connected to stuff that he had no business being in.

He forgot that he was an actor and thought he was a tough guy.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 07:11 PM

From what I understand, he's a Jew from the neighborhood and knew a lot of guys. Brooklyn I think.
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 08:27 PM

James Caan is also very good with his hands. He teaches self defense to alot of police departments.
Posted By: PhillyMob

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 08:41 PM

I no Mickey rourke showed up at Gotti last trial and exchanged waves. But they were not aloud to shake hands.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 08:46 PM

Jon Roberts did not think very highly of caan, lol. Read American Desperado
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

I had to delete my comment on Caan because I actually know nothing about the man. But yeah, you're right about that.

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 08:55 PM

[quote=Dellacroce]Andrew Russo, the acting boss of the colombo family is godfather to james son, scott caan. [/quote/]

well then, it appears as though he does have real strong mob ties. I didn't know.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey

I had to delete my comment on Caan because I actually know nothing about the man. But yeah, you're right about that.

Roberts description of him seems pretty plausible to me. After all Caan really is or was married to the widow of that drug dealer Gary who San Pedro had blown up. Probably a victim of that CIA guy Prado.

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 09:37 PM

I can't recall what jon Roberts said about him, but, caan did want to put a contract out on joe pesci.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 09:46 PM

Lol, how about the whole Steven Seagal deal, now that was hilarious.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: james caan - 02/20/15 10:59 PM

They're both mob groupies. Seagal is a fake tough guy.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: james caan - 02/21/15 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino

I agree, the Seagal story was hilarious. The alleged contacts between Rourke or Caan and the mob seemed to be of friendly nature. Seagal on the other hand was just plain extorted. Shows that movies couldn't be further from the truth lol. In his movies you often see him walking (literally walking, at a ridiculously slow pace) around in a bar throwing each and every wiseguy out of the window with swift Aikido techniques, while in reality he almost ended up cut up in the back of a trunk.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: james caan - 02/21/15 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino

lol

That was classic, Seagal shit himself when Ciccone tried to shake him down.
Posted By: Becraftalano

Re: james caan - 02/21/15 04:06 PM

I know some of the Karate folks that he has run with. They call him James Cocaine. He was or maybe still is a Coke Head.

Re: james caan - 02/21/15 06:09 PM

anybody know anything about the joe pesci incident involving jimmy caan.? it was something about pesci not paying a hotel bill, and caan wanting him dead.

I never read what pesci's reaction to that story was.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: james caan - 02/21/15 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

I'm guessing it would be the same one he had after Billy Batts told him to get his fuckin' shinebox. lol
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: james caan - 02/21/15 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
anybody know anything about the joe pesci incident involving jimmy caan.? it was something about pesci not paying a hotel bill, and caan wanting him dead.

Forgive me, but I find that a little hilarious.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: james caan - 02/25/15 12:31 PM

James Caan's performance in Misery is one of my favorite ever movie performances.
Posted By: BennyB

Re: james caan - 02/25/15 12:50 PM

"Caan was closely identified with the role for years afterward: "They called me a wiseguy. I won Italian of the Year twice in New York, and I'm not Italian.... I was denied in a country club once. Oh yeah, the guy sat in front of the board, and he says, 'No, no, he's a wiseguy, been downtown. He's a made guy.' I thought, What? Are you out of your mind?""
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Caan
Posted By: Extortion

Re: james caan - 02/25/15 01:32 PM

they would have never whacked seagal, too much heat.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: james caan - 02/25/15 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Extortion
they would have never whacked seagal, too much heat.

Feds would be Out for Justice.

Re: james caan - 02/25/15 02:52 PM

plus Seagal is Hard to Kill
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: james caan - 02/25/15 03:42 PM

Agreed, if Seagal would've been Marked For Death, the Feds would've organized a real Attack Force against the Mob. The Mob isn't Above The Law after all.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: james caan - 02/25/15 07:34 PM

I love the movie name dropping. Y'all got me laughing over here

Re: james caan - 02/25/15 10:35 PM

Out for justice is the best seagal movie. The bar scene..
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: james caan - 02/25/15 10:43 PM

Anybody seen Richie? Anybody know why Richie did Bobby Lupo?

The Sons of Italy should have put out a contract on Seagal for that scene. One proud Italian-American on the jury and they all walk on the charges lol.

Re: james caan - 02/25/15 10:52 PM

Whose hot dog is this??
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: james caan - 02/26/15 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Anybody seen Richie? Anybody know why Richie did Bobby Lupo?

Lol...if I recall correctly... I believe Bobby was a dirty cop who was banging the same broad as Richie.. definitely the only Seagal movie worth the time.
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: james caan - 02/26/15 03:33 PM

Don't lie. We all spent a weekend hungover watching that fucking potato head (segal) in that movie. I think Richie was Sammy the bull in HBO's Gotti. William Forsythe.
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: james caan - 02/26/15 05:29 PM

Yup. . And i think Brendan Fallone from the Sopranos was his brother that everybody beat the shit out of. ..haha

Re: james caan - 02/26/15 10:19 PM

I find it amusing they say forsythes character is based after matthew madonna..ummm did matthew madonna ever smoke crack or act like a psycho? I for one have never nothing about that also pretty sure he was jailed when they filmed this movie. If anything hes based after bruno indelicato! Based on personality, he was jailed at the time too.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: james caan - 02/26/15 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
Don't lie. We all spent a weekend hungover watching that fucking potato head (segal) in that movie. I think Richie was Sammy the bull in HBO's Gotti. William Forsythe.

About time you made a post, Nicky grin.
Posted By: night_timer

Re: james caan - 02/27/15 06:14 AM

Caan hooked up with (stole) Elvis Presley's next girl after Elvis' marriage to Priscilla ended. That's risky - Elvis wanted a contract put on Mike Stone when Stone later began dating Priscilla.

Steven Seagal has run with some dodgy guys - research Robert Booth Nichols and Danny Casolaro!

Start here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIjxqks9ugo&list=PLD6E9191A3E9B76F5&index=11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y41J-T0N-C0&list=PLD6E9191A3E9B76F5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aEValYk7tI&index=9&list=PLD6E9191A3E9B76F5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIjxqks9ugo&list=PLD6E9191A3E9B76F5&index=11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCUsqCHSdY

Trust me.... you too will end up dead if you look into Robert Booth Nichols or Danny Casolaro's "Octopus".

I work in the media (investigative journalist) and that's how I know about this shit.
Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: james caan - 03/08/15 01:08 AM

I doubt anything would've happened to Pesci. I'm sure he knew just as many connected guys as Caan did.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET