Home

The mob during the crack era

Posted By: LouDiMagio

The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 10:06 AM

Hi, Does anyone have any information on how the mobsters reacted to the crack explosion, in particular in New York?

Were many made men involved in supplying cocaine to the street gangs? Did they come into conflict with the newly rich street dealers throughout the city? Were there any gangs set up that dealt crack in Italian neighborhoods and paid tribute to the various families?

With all the money been made in this era you would have thought that the five families would have been extremely interested in this but I've never really heard of them been involved, I know they have been heavily involved in heroin and just wondered of anyone knew how they reacted to the new drug in the city.

Thanks
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 10:13 AM

I don't know whether an official Capo-led crew ever dealt in the drug, but the mob's younger "farm teams" did get involved with crack cocaine. The Bath Avenue Crew for instance was known for being involved with crack trafficking in Bensonhurst.
Posted By: merlino

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 10:43 AM

Wasn't it in the movie New Jack City, some part where the mafia tried to muscle in and nino brown took care of them? That is a good question, I am sure there had to be some areas of the mob that supplied or had their hands in getting some profit off it....liked to hear what some people who know more about this have to say, because that was/is a huge money maker for many during that time period when they took over huge projects and controlled everything
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 11:31 AM

They were wholesaling coke for sure. The young guys probably sold crack to an extent. It wasn't an official family business from what I know, but when you have thousands of connected criminals in a city, some are gonna have a coke connect and they're gonna use it. Not to mention they were mostly sniffing coke back then so suppliers were in their circles.
Posted By: azguy

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 11:36 AM

crack=money=LCN, simple math
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 07:54 PM

Well I do not know about other guys but Nicky Scarfo sr kept our neighborhood "right" for all those years .As soon as he was put away they moved in like COCKROACHES !

You brought that shit around he shoot you him self.His guys really did have to hide there drug activity. Not like these other guys.

Yep a little 5ft guy
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 08:10 PM

Crack = Cocaine + Baking soda

The mob dealt with coke heavily, the main ingredient in making crack. The rest is basic, I mean I could learn how to make it just from a recipe on the net.

The mob rarely handled distribution of the product on the streets so they were mostly involved in moving wholesale product or as middlemen.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 08:13 PM

That would be called "freebase" It was around in the early 70's do not believe all the stuff you hear now days..

When it got to the blacks it became crack and they went nutz over that shit,selling everything too get it.Then to sell it..
Posted By: pmac

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 08:15 PM

Ya its a simple recipe takes less then a minute to make on a stove less in a microwave. I thought that shit would have died no off but like the herion its getting bigger. people after a day do crazy shit then super regrets. I could imagine some of the wannabes in the Colombo war taking a blast before shooting some old made guy for scarpa

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 08:19 PM

It was big after you came home from the bars and clubs and disco's .At after hour clubs and peoples homes . The white people would not cook it up and take it out .They would snort all night and then cook till dawn...

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 08:35 PM

Freebase cocaine is the technical name for crack, they're not different drugs. Look it up.

In freebase form it's almost completely pure due to the process and the route of administration by smoking. You're basically getting pure cocaine into your body in one of the fastest acting routes of administration (except for IV) so yeah, it's VERY addictive.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 08:39 PM

Thats what we were saying !!!!

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 08:39 PM

Do not have to look anything up ever...If I put a question mark after I don't know and I am asking.
Cos I did not learn from a book, I was there..

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
That would be called "freebase" It was around in the early 70's do not believe all the stuff you hear now days..

When it got to the blacks it became crack and they went nutz over that shit,selling everything too get it.Then to sell it..

I thought you were implying that somehow "freebase" is different from crack.
It doesn't matter where you learned about it, with things like drugs it's better to learn from a book/online than from the streets because there's plenty of myths and wrong info out there that people claim as truth.
I'm not trying to nitpick or anything I was just correcting you, assuming you meant they're different.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 09:39 PM

Mal I understand ,and in most cases now days it is a little different they now add stuff, that I do not know about to maximize profit. Like I said this stuff is sometimes harmless sometime it is toxic.Back in the day they did not add stuff cos they did not want to hurt people ,and it was cheep did not need to mess around.

I do not condone drugs I was posting a post that I know about very well 35 years ago or more.But trust me what Pmac and I posted is right on ,only Pmac was in the 2000 sometime(or sooner) I am 60 plus years old and my info comes from 70's and 80's.

And trust me you will have 20 guys come and post what is in this cut now days.If cooking for there own supply no cut or if they have a steady and same people buying they will keep it right.Now if it going to the street it will be cut with a wide range of things ,most to speed the body up...

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/17/15 09:44 PM

Oh no I believe ya, I'm sure they add all sort of things nowadays to maximize profits, even lethal ones, the customers be damned if they die or not.
At least back then they thought enough ahead that the costumer should be well enough to come back and buy his next dose, but not anymore. lol.
I'm just talking about the pharmacology of the drugs because it's something I know a lot about, mostly from reading but even from being around it. Where I live crack is pretty much unheard of thank God. Here it's still the classics - Dope, Coke and Pot.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/18/15 09:58 AM

i dont think it was the bath avenue that was running the crack trade in bensonhurst it was a luchesse connected group led by james galione.

Officials Say Mafia Ran Crack Ring In Brooklyn

By RANDY KENNEDY

Published: October 2, 1996

In a case that law enforcement officials said erodes the myth that the Mafia will not stoop to street-level drug dealing, the United States Attorney in Brooklyn announced the arrest yesterday of 40 people believed to be members of a crack-cocaine ring operated by the Lucchese crime family.

The arrests, made before dawn by hundreds of city police officers and Federal agents, were all the more unusual because prosecutors said the dealers found their customers on the streets of Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge, two largely middle-class Brooklyn neighborhoods thought to have escaped the scourge of crack that swept through the city beginning in the 1980's.

Relying on wiretaps, surveillance and the accounts of former drug dealers who cooperated after being arrested, prosecutors said yesterday that the ring -- under the control of James Galione, a ''made'' or inducted member of the Lucchese family -- had assumed control of most crack and powder cocaine dealing in the neighborhoods as early as 1992.

''In the first instance, Galione actually took over existing street-level crack sales through these neighborhoods and inserted his own crack distributors,'' said Eric Friedberg, the chief of narcotics prosecution in the United States Attorney's office. To consolidate the family's control and increase its profits, Mr. Friedberg said, Mr. Galione exacted a ''street tax'' from other dealers not working for him, supposedly to protect them from rivals.

''In reality,'' he said, ''the tax insured the sellers' continued sales would be free from violent retribution by Galione and his managers.''

Mr. Galione's dealers, prosecutors said, were mostly men in their 20's who lived in the neighborhoods and relied on pagers and sophisticated codes to meet customers and deliver cocaine, in plastic bags, envelopes, and in one case, a Styrofoam cup.

Investigators were unable to say how much money the ring took in, but Carlo A. Boccia, the agent in charge of the New York field division of the Drug Enforcement Agency, said that more than $100,000 was passed on each week to Mr. Galione and other captains, including George Conte, who is now in prison awaiting sentencing in an unrelated murder and racketeering case. Mr. Galione's lawyer, Harry C. Batchelder Jr., did not return telephone calls to his office yesterday.

While the Lucchese family has been associated with the drug trade before -- the former head of the family was convicted in 1974 of running a huge heroin ring -- prosecutors said yesterday that its hands-on involvement with street-corner crack sales was unprecedented.

''Normally, one doesn't think of the local crack pusher as being affiliated with organized crime,'' Mr. Friedberg said. ''But in this case, that's what we found.''

Mr. Galione, who was also charged yesterday in an unrelated murder and racketeering case, was arraigned yesterday at the United States Courthouse in Brooklyn along with the 39 other defendants. All were held pending bail hearings next week.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/18/15 10:55 AM

Thanks Scorsese.

So there as this crew and the Bath Avenue crew selling crack, I wonder if they any more powerful made men would have tried to shake down the main players such as Supreme, Fat Cat, Alpo Martinez etc. Many of these were very young and had become millionaires over night surely that would have made them targets for extortion from career criminals.

Its hard to imagine John Gotti and members of his crew, many who were deep in the heroin game not seeing these young, black kids with lots of money as easy pickings. Also with crack spreading in the 80s like it did, it must have had some impact on the amount of heroin been sold? This would have been impacting on the men who dealt in it's bottom line.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/18/15 11:16 AM

I don't think supreme or any of those guys were extorted or had any involvement with lcn. They themselves weren't really soft targets for that kind of thing.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/18/15 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: LouDiMagio
Many of these were very young and had become millionaires over night surely that would have made them targets for extortion from career criminals.

They were targeted by other dudes from their backgrounds who knew where they lived, where the stash houses were, where the safes were ,etc

Mafia button men would have stood out too much in the environments that these crack kingpins operated in.

Also as Scorcese pointed out about the Supreme team.....there was a hit put on a uniform in broad daylight..so I don't think some of the larger crews were gonna be afraid of the mob.
Posted By: cheech

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/19/15 12:04 AM

Ed Byrnes. Pappy put out the hit with the ok from Fat Cat. I can't see mafioso in south Jamaica at that time.

Az. Alpo. Rich. Are from Harlem. Uptown. They were copping from Pleasant Ave. when they got busted it left a vacuum for the Colombians.

I could be wrong but it's how I understand it.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/19/15 12:26 AM

cheech

you're right...i got confused...cat was blamed for that

read about the shooting years ago and because of the location...thought it was supreme

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/19/15 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
cheech

you're right...i got confused...cat was blamed for that

read about the shooting years ago and because of the location...thought it was supreme

All good Gets. Much respect to you. Wasn't even correcting you. Pretty much same crew any ways.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/19/15 12:54 AM

And you were right on all your other points. Dead on.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/19/15 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: cheech
Ed Byrnes. Pappy put out the hit with the ok from Fat Cat. I can't see mafioso in south Jamaica at that time.

Az. Alpo. Rich. Are from Harlem. Uptown. They were copping from Pleasant Ave. when they got busted it left a vacuum for the Colombians.

I could be wrong but it's how I understand it.

Its sort of a point of debate whether fat cat gave the order or had anything to do with officer byrnes murder. Pappy Mason was running his own drug gang at the time and could have given the order by himself.

Wouldn't pleasant avenue be a bit before their time?

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/19/15 09:42 AM

I wasn't there so don't know. Its how I understand it. Its semantics. Either way a cop is dead.

Yes. When I said "they" I meant black drug dealers from Harlem. It was late and I was a little saucy. Not the AZ, Alpo, Rich crew.

Whether it's true or not I don't care.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/19/15 12:30 PM

So the crack explosion really took the mob by surprise as it did most people and by the time they would have realised ho much money was been made, the crews selling the crack had become too powerful for the mob to exploit.

Is there any stories where they had mixed together, either in night clubs or in jail? With the racist attitudes of the time, you would think the two groups would have come into conflict at some point.

Also as a side point "Only built for cuban links" the album by Raekwon was heavily mafia influenced and very popular in its time. I wonder how the crack dealers viewed the mafia at the time and would they have shown the respect when coming into contact with them?

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/19/15 06:22 PM

So the crack explosion really took the mob by surprise as it did most people and by the time they would have realised ho much money was been made, the crews selling the crack had become too powerful for the mob to exploit.

Is there any stories where they had mixed together, either in night clubs or in jail? With the racist attitudes of the time, you would think the two groups would have come into conflict at some point.

Also as a side point "Only built for cuban links" the album by Raekwon was heavily mafia influenced and very popular in its time. I wonder how the crack dealers viewed the mafia at the time and would they have shown the respect when coming into contact with them?

There were a lot of crack rings and organisations operating in the city at that time, i don't see how they could exploit it anymore than the dealers themselves.

Gambino turncoat andrew didonato claims to have shaken drug dealers down in brooklyn. However he doesn't really give much detail.

Another guy who was around into the 90s was ronald bumps basset who ran ran large numbers racket and heroin distribution was a contemporary of fat cat nichols may have had some lcn ties cause they both used to work for pops freeman who was allegedly affiliated with the genovese family. Whether or not he continued that relationship into the 80s i don't know. He was actually convicted again in 2013 for heroin trafficking.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/19/15 09:50 PM

Scorsese you ever been to the Coliseum Mall?

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/19/15 09:53 PM

The OBFCL album and the mob references....direct result of them growing up on Staten Island with Italian kids who allowed people to believe that they were connected to lcn.

Wu-Gambinos

Strong Staten Island accent is heard on the early Wu albums

There's a skit called torture on maybe the first Method Man album where Meth and Rae are speaking to each other back and forth and iif you didn't know who it was could easily be two older Italian men

"I'll F'en hit your nuts with a spiked bat"
"I'll F'en cut your eyelids off and feed you nothing but sleeping pills"

Later on....a guy who was managing Wu members turned out to be really connected.....and he turned informant. ..Michael Caruso
Posted By: Longislandguy14

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/19/15 10:28 PM

I enjoy going there from time to time especially downstairs. I bought a few pieces over the years. Not so much anymore.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 04:36 AM

I heard biggie was connected or paid up to the genovese

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 05:10 AM

no never been

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Extortion
I heard biggie was connected or paid up to the genovese

no that wasn't true. That rumour came from the fbi surveillance of him which was in fact due to other things rather than any connection to lcn.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 05:19 AM

The OBFCL album and the mob references....direct result of them growing up on Staten Island with Italian kids who allowed people to believe that they were connected to lcn.

Wu-Gambinos

There's a skit called torture on maybe the first Method Man album where Meth and Rae are speaking to each other back and forth and iif you didn't know who it was could easily be two older Italian men

Later on....a guy who was managing Wu members turned out to be really connected.....and he turned informant. ..Michael Caruso

I think a lot of that was also due to the influence of gangster movies like scarface and goodfellas which are popular amongst rappers. Theres a lot of cool terminology and quotes in those movies.

Michael caruso is a very peculiar case. He ratted on a lot of people and then came back as a hip hop guy. Is he still managing them.
Heres some background for people not familiar.
http://www.villagevoice.com/2000-05-23/news/wu-tang-clan-is-sumthing-ta-fuck-wit/

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 09:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Longislandguy14

I enjoy going there from time to time especially downstairs. I bought a few pieces over the years. Not so much anymore.

Got my first Rollie there. Down stairs from the Russians.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
Freebase cocaine is the technical name for crack, they're not different drugs. Look it up.

In freebase form it's almost completely pure due to the process and the route of administration by smoking. You're basically getting pure cocaine into your body in one of the fastest acting routes of administration (except for IV) so yeah, it's VERY addictive.

Definitely different. Crack has baking soda. Freebase either ether or ammonia. Free base is more potent. It's really semantics. Nothing to argue over.
Is rigatoni the same as spaghetti?

And Nicky Barnes was buying from Italians in the 70s. I believe he ratted one few. The guy that Chazz wrote about in Bronx tale. Fat Gigi I think supplied him. I may be wrong. I wasn't even born yet. But it's what I understand to be true.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 07:01 PM

Mathew Maddonna from the lucheses was also one of barnes suppliers. I thought freebaseing was just smoking straight up cocaine?

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 07:03 PM

@Scorses are you from queens?

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Mathew Maddonna from the lucheses was also one of barnes suppliers. I thought freebaseing was just smoking straight up cocaine?

Yes I read that too.

Malandrino have you ever seen crack or coke?

When it is smoked it smells like burnt plastic.

I knew friends that would chop up soap and give it to hookers for blow jobs.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 07:07 PM

Michael Caruso still manages GFK.
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 07:56 PM

Yes, he does, it's a shock to me they keep him around.

Wu grew up in Staten around mobsters, but they weren't connected. Just petty criminals and drug dealers from park hill and Stapleton.

They knew sons of mobsters in HS and whatnot, just from being in Staten, but they certainly weren't kicking up to Gambinos. They just thought it was cool.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 08:10 PM

Michael Caruso still manages GFK.

Rhymes made of garlic/
never in the target when the narcs hit/
the rumor is you might start to spit/ (ONE)

(Chicks( yellin/
Beanie man swung on Hellen/
back of a cop car dirty Tasha tellin/

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 08:23 PM

MH. Yes. Dead on.

Gets. Impossible is one of the best verses of all time.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 09:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqwoedA6ac

just found this video. raekwon talks about criminal element in different ethnicities in SI including italians....

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 09:57 PM

Cheech I'm talking strictly as a substance they're the same thing. Mixing agents, etc can affect the purity therefore the intensity of the effect, but that don't make it a whole other drug.
Freebase when done right is basically a pure version of "crack." This is the only way I can explain it. Crack is just the result of a sloppy process of turning coke into crack, without purifying it.

Yeah to coke and not to crack, never done it in my life I don't plan to, but lol that sounds like a great idea, thank god we don't have crack whores here, only a few H ones.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/20/15 10:37 PM

I get what your saying. Where are you from?
Posted By: Longislandguy14

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/21/15 02:31 AM

[ quote=cheech]

Got my first Rollie there. Down stairs from the Russians. [/quote]
I like Benny's spot. Good quality diamonds. Got a couple rings and maybe a chain or two cool

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/21/15 08:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
Cheech I'm talking strictly as a substance they're the same thing. Mixing agents, etc can affect the purity therefore the intensity of the effect, but that don't make it a whole other drug.
Freebase when done right is basically a pure version of "crack." This is the only way I can explain it. Crack is just the result of a sloppy process of turning coke into crack, without purifying it.

Yeah to coke and not to crack, never done it in my life I don't plan to, but lol that sounds like a great idea, thank god we don't have crack whores here, only a few H ones.

I don't know what the web and the books say but back in the late 70's when it first and I mean first came around I watched a suppler get a kilo cut a third of it off take a big spoon dig out the center. He had about an 8 ball on the spoon, had a glass baby jar(when they were glass) in a little boiling water put the jar in add baking soda.I said why the soda he said it takes out the toxins and cut and you are left with the coke free of cut and toxins back to it's BASE as per Freebase .This is way back before any of the ghettos even thought of using coke it was 80-100 $ a gram ,but the kilo's were cheep all you needed was the connection. This is way before anyone added all the crazy stuff that is added now.

I said first came around ,before everyone says it was here in 1900 I know . What I am talking about is the wave that came in the 80 ish.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/21/15 02:46 PM

Gets. Impossible is one of the best verses of all time.

Indeed. I watched the Rae video speaking about different ethnic groups on SI and how he mentioned that his old projects was taken over by the Africans. Puzzled me a bit because on a street level never known new African immigrants to run the streets.

Rza hinted on the same song about Africans being the new immigrant group on SI

innocent black immigrants locked in housing tenements/

Stapleton's been stamped as a concentration camp/

Same people that put the Rae video out have a video about how Staten Island has THE highest concentration of former child soldiers in the United States. Most of them from Liberia. Sad story actually. These guys are shell shocked killers who did and saw things that leave them permanently scarred. Running off some street dudes from the projects is a joke compared to their past lives.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/21/15 04:15 PM

A lot from Liberia, Gets.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/21/15 04:15 PM

U said !iberia. Never mind
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/21/15 04:20 PM

These guys are shell shocked killers who did and saw things that leave them permanently scarred. Running off some street dudes from the projects is a joke compared to their past lives.

That ain't even a lie there. Them folks were carrying choppers at 8 and seen shit kids shouldn't be seeing. Makes us all thank God we live in America and not some third world country.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/21/15 04:20 PM

The Clan is such a rabbit hole. You can go all day. First of all there is 10 of them if you count Donna. FBI sheet on them is a mile long. Ghostface went in for robbery while he was famous in Rikers. Peter Gatien had there picture on his desk. The only picture he had In his offiice. Caruso leads you to Paciello. Gun running to Steubenville. Robbing Mase. It goes on and on.

No one to fool around with that is for sure.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/21/15 04:34 PM

[ quote=cheech]

Got my first Rollie there. Down stairs from the Russians.

I like Benny's spot. Good quality diamonds. Got a couple rings and maybe a chain or two cool [/quote]

Ok so you know wink

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/22/15 08:49 AM

Looks like this guy and his crew beat the mob to it when it came to extorting the crack dealers.

http://www.biography.com/people/clarence-heatley-21241317#crimes-with-the-preacher-crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrgBczmPLW8

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/22/15 08:55 AM

The Wu Tang Clan were investigated by the FBI

http://www.vulture.com/2012/01/highlights-from-the-fbis-wu-tang-clan-file.html

It's crazy to think that Caruso is still with them if they know his past. Does anyone have any interesting stories about Staten Island, it sounds like an interesting combination of people, from a lot of connected and made men to the Wu Tang and the other groups mentioned in the Raekwon video.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/22/15 12:27 PM

Didn't caruso also rat out a made mans son who was involved in a drug related killing. He gave up his whereabouts or something i believe.

Some of the murders alleged in the wu tang fbi file was linked back to a group of bloods drug kingpins in park hill that were convicted recently. i posted up about it a while back. http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...1916#Post811916

Guyanese cocaine suppliers were involved in those cases and had links to death squads back in their own country.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/24/15 04:46 PM

Looks like this guy and his crew beat the mob to it when it came to extorting the crack dealers.

http://www.biography.com/people/clarence-heatley-21241317#crimes-with-the-preacher-crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrgBczmPLW8

Lou, yeah...the Black Hand of Death..
what I didn't know until yesterday was that the group they named themselves after was involved in the EXACT same crimes.....extortions and kidnappings....even of kids

pbs doc about Italian American experience briefly highlights how the Black hand would extort legitimate businesses and kidnap and kill children if refused.

Preacher and crew infamously kidnapped Rich Porter's little brother for ransom

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/25/15 09:30 AM

Yes he ran Harlem for nearly 20 years then as soon as he was caught he snitched on everyone. He was supposedly like a cult leader

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/25/15 01:44 PM

Yes he ran Harlem for nearly 20 years then as soon as he was caught he snitched on everyone. He was supposedly like a cult leader

not true, his best friend from the council fucked his girl and broke a bunch of other rules. then he flipped. according to him that is.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/25/15 06:17 PM

not true, his best friend from the council fucked his girl and broke a bunch of other rules. then he flipped. according to him that is.

@extortion
thats nicky barnes your talking about.

@loudimaggio
yeah but he's still doing life, he would have been looking at the death penalty otherwise.

Does anyone know if there was any wars between the jamaican posses and local organisations?

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/25/15 06:42 PM

scorcese

There had to have been clashes. In some cities, like Raekwon mentioned, it was criminal element of immigrant group that BROUGHT the drug to the area. I read about Jamaican drug posses personally introducing crack to some cities in the 1980s.

Though not on the level of child soldiers...criminals from Caribbean and especially JA had a big advantage over local street guys. Guns, access to guns and use of guns was no problem because in JA, political factions were supplying and employing gunmen for decades .Literally, political parties had gunmen running the streets intimidating rivals and voters with automatic weapons. This was back when even in the hardest parts of America that guys were fist fighting to settle differences and maybe maybe somebody had a .22 .

Street culture, poverty and crime in developing countries was a different level than here.

There's a street term from Brooklyn..calling something "gully"...like the way Dick Butkus played football was gully. That slang term comes from a jamaican crew out in BK that scared the hardest street dudes here....they were from Cassava Gully or some other area....and they were so violent that the term gully entered the vocabulary as an adjective.
Posted By: BlackFamily

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 12:13 AM

"This was back when even in the hardest parts of America that guys were fist fighting to settle differences and maybe maybe somebody had a .22 ."

I think that depends on what years your speaking on and of course location.

"Gully"

Brother I think the NYC have at times the most eccentric and odd street slang. I recall Bobby Shmurda using that word and he happens to be half Haitian & Jamaican.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 07:30 AM

This guy was one of the first jamaicans to introduce crack to new york.

Delroy (Uzi) Edwards leader of the renkers posse.

A Drug Dealer Gets a Sentence Of 7 Life Terms

By Leonard Buder - The New York Times

Saturday, December 2, 1989

A 30-year-old drug dealer who ran one of the largest and most violent drug rings in Brooklyn and was responsible for 6 murders, 17 assaults, a kidnapping, a maiming and other crimes, was sentenced yesterday to seven consecutive life terms in Federal prison.

As the defendant, Delroy (Uzi) Edwards, stood in Federal District Court with his hands clasped and his head slightly bowed, Judge Raymond J. Dearie said he wished the sentencing could have been on a Brooklyn street, so young people could ''see what this fast-lane life style has to offer.''

Mr. Edwards, a Jamaican who lives in Brooklyn, was the first dealer to sell crack, the smokable cocaine derivative, in the Bedford-Stuyvesant area, in 1985, law-enforcement authorities have said. They said he received his nickname because he sometimes concealed an Uzi submachine gun under a trench coat.

After a plea from Mr. Edwards's court-appointed lawyer, David Gordon, to impose a sentence that would offer the defendant hope ''down the road,'' Judge Dearie said: ''I hope he finds a way to make something of his life. But I believe in my heart that the theme of this proceeding has to be, 'Thou shall not kill.' '' Not Eligible for Parole

Under the sentence, which calls for 15 years in prison besides the life sentences, and a $1 million fine, Mr. Edwards will not be eligible for parole.

Mr. Edwards, who wore a gray business suit, said nothing. His appearance and demeanor yesterday, as well as at the trial last summer, was in sharp contrast to a picture painted by the prosecutors, John Gleeson and Jonny J. Frank.

At the trial, they had depicted Mr. Edwards as a ''coldhearted, brutal, vicious killer'' who dealt harshly with rival dealers and employees he suspected of stealing from him and, in the process, was often responsible for the deaths or injuries of innocent people ''who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.'' He was convicted on 42 counts.

After Mr. Gordon had asked Judge Dearie to hold out the possibility of a parole, Mr. Gleeson told the court: ''He's been convicted of the most serious drug offenses. It's the whole smorgasboard of crimes that can be brought in this context. No country deserves the risk of his ever being on the streets.''

Before imposing sentence, Judge Dearie said Mr. Edwards has intelligence, street smarts and leadership qualities and could have made something of his life. Instead, the judge said, Mr. Edwards chose ''this joy ride, this flashy come-and-get-me life style'' that left in its trail many victims.

The judge added that in a sense, Mr. Edwards was one of his own victims and that as he pursued his illicit career, he ''became one of the pioneers of the crack trade.''

Mr. Edwards, who has been in jail since March 1988, still faces a state murder charge in a homicide in 1987.

Delroy (Uzi) Edwards, described as the leader of one of Brooklyn's largest and most violent drug rings, who has been sentenced to seven consecutive life terms.

Crack's destructive sprint across America

The New York Times

October 1, 1989

Delroy Edwards grew up poor in the tough, stifling shantytowns of Kingston, Jamaica. In 1980, at the age of 20, he went to work as a street enforcer for the Jamaica Labor Party of Edward Seaga. Seaga was locked in a bitter election duel with the People's National Party, headed by Michael Manley, and each side was forming armed gangs to intimidate the other.

The gangs did their job only too well, killing 800 people by election day. After his victory, Seaga launched a crackdown, and many gang members, feeling the heat, headed for the United States. Among them was Delroy Edwards. Slipping into Brooklyn on a tourist visa, he eventually made his way into the marijuana business, selling nickel bags out of a neighborhood storefront.

At the beginning of 1985, Edwards learned to make crack. Soon he was selling little else. He worked out of two ''flagship'' spots in Brooklyn - one, a two-story house, the other, an abandoned brownstone near a housing project. Enough poor blacks coughed up enough $5 bills to enable Edwards to buy a $150,000 home on Long Island - and to pay for it in cash.

That wasn't enough for Edwards, who began looking to expand his business. Unfortunately, New York was already crowded with crack dealers; outside the city, however, lay plenty of virgin territory. In Washington, Baltimore and Philadelphia, for instance, crack was just beginning to catch on. Enterprising local dealers would travel to New York, buy a few ounces of cocaine, return home, convert it into crack, and sell the product for three or four times the New York street price.

In the fall of 1986, Edwards traveled to Washington and set up shop; by the following spring his lieutenants had established thriving businesses in Philadelphia and Baltimore as well. At its peak, Edwards's organization, known as the Rankers, employed 50 workers and made up to $100,000 a day.

The glory days did not last. Edwards - nicknamed ''Uzi'' for his taste in weapons -was pathologically violent. People who crossed him were pistol-whipped, beaten with baseball bats, shot in the legs. One 16-year-old worker, suspected of cheating, was beaten unconscious with bats, scalded with boiling water, and suspended by a chain from the ceiling until he died.

Eventually, the police caught up with Edwards, and in July a Brooklyn jury convicted him on 42 counts of murder, assault, kidnapping and drug dealing. Edwards is now awaiting sentencing. The Rankers have disintegrated.

But there are 40 other groups just like the Rankers, running crack out of New York and Miami to points across the country. Posses, they're called, after their members' affection for American westerns (and the guns used in them). Most, like the Rankers, took shape as gangs during the 1980 Jamaican election, then fled to the United States and regrouped. Here, their 10,000 to 20,000 members, organized in posses with as few as 25 members and as many as several hundred, keep incessantly on the move, slipping in and out of the many Jamaican communities scattered across the country.

To maintain loyalty, each posse generally restricts membership to the residents of a particular neighborhood in Kingston. Posse members travel with fake IDs, making it tough for policemen to identify them. Sometimes, as a cover, they attach themselves to reggae groups touring the country. Today, Jamaicans are believed to control 35 percent to 40 percent of the nation's crack network.

''They're very good businessmen,'' says John A. O'Brien, an agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (B.A.T.F.), the Federal agency that most closely monitors the posses. ''They follow the law of supply and demand. When they see that a vial of crack selling for $5 in New York will get $15 in Kansas City, they'll move in.''

New York is their ''training school,'' O'Brien says, ''like going to Wharton. They'll take a guy doing a good job in Harlem and send him to open an office in the Midwest.'' On his arrival in the new area, the posse sales rep will rent a motel room and conduct a market survey of sorts to determine the most lucrative spot in town. Then he'll rent an apartment or, better yet, get a single female to lend him one in return for crack.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 10:06 AM

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
"This was back when even in the hardest parts of America that guys were fist fighting to settle differences and maybe maybe somebody had a .22 ."

I think that depends on what years your speaking on and of course location.

gun and rifle laws were and are different in the south..so yeah you are right. the urban areas in the north though, there wasn't as much gunplay pre-crack era as people think. I read books and saw docs. about the 60s/70s gang era in major northern cities and there used to be actual rumbles (on some happy days stuff)...gangs meet at certain locations and bring bats, brass knuckles, chains, and fists to settle beefs...at the same time in jamaica...da gun man was licking shots.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 10:14 AM

Pappy Mason and his crew the bebos, copied the Jamaican style and people thought they were Jamaican.

http://www.gorillaconvict.com/2011/10/they-call-themselves-the-bebos/

I'm sure in his book Calvin Klein Bacote said he ran the Jamaicans out of the Marcy Projects. It says in the video people not from the projects but I read somewhere it was Jamaicans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNMb4hkKb9o

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 11:11 AM

Lou,

thanks

I always assumed that Pappy was of JA descent. Interesting that he adopted a rudeboy identity, but the criminal element from Jamaica was NO JOKE and he encountered them in penal system and saw how they got down. When these ex Jamaican gun men started coming to New York, the encounters between them and the local street guys can best be described by paraphrasing The Usual Suspects.

He looked over his family and showed these hardcore ghetto youth what being hardcore ghetto youth really was.

Posted By: Revis_Knicks

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese

Wu-Gambinos

I think a lot of that was also due to the influence of gangster movies like scarface and goodfellas which are popular amongst rappers. Theres a lot of cool terminology and quotes in those movies.

Michael caruso is a very peculiar case. He ratted on a lot of people and then came back as a hip hop guy. Is he still managing them.
http://www.villagevoice.com/2000-05-23/news/wu-tang-clan-is-sumthing-ta-fuck-wit/

Only Built for Cuban Linx was a classic

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 01:24 PM

The Bath Ave crew was very involved in the crack epidemic according to that mob documentary from about a year or so ago.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Revis_Island

Wu-Gambinos

Only Built for Cuban Linx was a classic

Best rap album ever made.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 03:27 PM

@Revis

exactly....

@mh, I thought you would say Supreme Clientele, with your username

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 03:48 PM

check out Malcolm, tells how he robbed Mase. also Saturday Night relieves the day he was arrested and kind of gives you a glimpse about rza and guns.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 03:54 PM

@Revis

exactly....

@mh, I thought you would say Supreme Clientele, with your username

My next username will be icewater

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 06:06 PM

Pappy Mason and his crew the bebos, copied the Jamaican style and people thought they were Jamaican.

I'm sure in his book Calvin Klein Bacote said he ran the Jamaicans out of the Marcy Projects. It says in the video people not from the projects but I read somewhere it was Jamaicans.

Calvin Klein Bacote was Jay Zs friend and mentor when he was selling crack. I think they both were selling drugs in baltimore too.
Posted By: ManGauge

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 06:20 PM

Jamaican crews didnt always get the best of home grown crews

A great example of this is the situation in philly in the 80's with JBM and the jamaican posse. By all accounts , the Junior Black Mafia , who were basically the sons of Black Mafia members , smashed the jamaicans and kinda ran them out of philly. A great documentary on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fEOb1IqqQ0

I also dont think that the Jamaicans fair too well against home grown crews that are muslim. Black muslim crews are typically more disciplined and organized
Posted By: ManGauge

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 06:21 PM

I also wonder if the original Black Mafia in philly didnt get locked up , how they would have delt with the jamaicans moving into the philly drug game in the 80's? That would have been an interesting war.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 06:59 PM

The Shower Posse. Nuff said........

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 09:22 PM

Gets,

Chicago gangs were using guns back then as you get into 70s. Mickey Cobras ( originally the Egyptian Cobras) was carrying small revolvers and perhaps shotguns. Heroin trade in the 70s, government grants , hustling granted them access to more high powered weapons.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/26/15 09:26 PM

@ mightyhealthy,

With all due respect, ONE of the best rap albums. Nas's Illmatic & Lupe's Food & Liquor are classics too. cool

@ Cheech,

Agreed.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/27/15 12:50 PM

Calvin Klein Bacote was Jay Zs friend and mentor when he was selling crack. I think they both were selling drugs in baltimore too.

I've always loved Jay z since his reasonable doubt days. I've always been a big hip hop fan ever since it really came to fruition in the 80s. I don't think he sold in BA did he? I know he mentioned it in one of his songs I think but in his book I only heard him say he sold over in Trenton for a long time. But idk maybe he did. Seems like a he made a lot of money from selling. Which isn't surpising. Reasonable doubt and illmatic are my two favorite hip hop albums.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/27/15 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
Gets,

Chicago gangs were using guns back then as you get into 70s. Mickey Cobras ( originally the Egyptian Cobras) was carrying small revolvers and perhaps shotguns. Heroin trade in the 70s, government grants , hustling granted them access to more high powered weapons.

Is that the Chi-town gang that was robbing gun stores and armories?

I hear you. The Jamaican gun men were getting guns from the government directly though......military grade weapons.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/27/15 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: ManGauge
Jamaican crews didnt always get the best of home grown crews

A great example of this is the situation in philly in the 80's with JBM and the jamaican posse. By all accounts , the Junior Black Mafia , who were basically the sons of Black Mafia members , smashed the jamaicans and kinda ran them out of philly. A great documentary on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fEOb1IqqQ0

I also dont think that the Jamaicans fair too well against home grown crews that are muslim. Black muslim crews are typically more disciplined and organized

thanks for the info

organized groups that were already entrenched in local areas ere gonna be better able to fend off invaders

the thing is...the 70s gangs in NYC area had died down and broken into crews.....so conditions were better for vicious outsiders to come in and wreak havoc.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/27/15 01:28 PM

I've always loved Jay z since his reasonable doubt days. I've always been a big hip hop fan ever since it really came to fruition in the 80s. I don't think he sold in BA did he? I know he mentioned it in one of his songs I think but in his book I only heard him say he sold over in Trenton for a long time. But idk maybe he did. Seems like a he made a lot of money from selling. Which isn't surpising. Reasonable doubt and illmatic are my two favorite hip hop albums.

used to hustle down in VA/
was hurtin em in the home of the Terrapins/

said that in H to the Izzo...Terrapins are the mascot of the U. of Maryland

so I guess he was hustling around the DMV area

I did read that he used to be out in Trenton....it makes sense because his original rapping style..that fast stuff..is a Trenton style...YZ and Poor Righteous Teachers

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/27/15 05:13 PM

EVERYONE went to the south to hustle. they paid more.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/27/15 05:14 PM

instead of 20k off a brick up here you can make 40k down there. less comp.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/27/15 05:18 PM

and Calvin is home.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/28/15 12:54 AM

used to hustle down in VA/
was hurtin em in the home of the Terrapins/

said that in H to the Izzo...Terrapins are the mascot of the U. of Maryland

so I guess he was hustling around the DMV area

I did read that he used to be out in Trenton....it makes sense because his original rapping style..that fast stuff..is a Trenton style...YZ and Poor Righteous Teachers

I think he was rapping like that before he moved to Trenton. But he battled Wise Intelligent from the poor righteous teachers when he was there.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/28/15 05:22 AM

Not specifically them but over time everybody got their hands on high powered weapons: Ak-47s, Ar-15s, Macs & Uzis ( Jamaican posses trademark ), sniper rifles ( even down here in Jackson their were snipers on the roof), M-16s , and of a few attempts to buy rpgs/grenade launche

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/28/15 05:50 PM

Anyone ever heard of the boobie boys drug gang in miami. They were operating from 1990-98. Were selling cocaine in multiple states and get shout outs in hip hop from time to time.I think rick ross has shouted them out on a few records.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/28/15 06:08 PM

Grown men are talking. Keep your bullshit out of this thread. You are neither funny or witty.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/28/15 06:09 PM

Not surer of the boobie boys @scorsese but have heard horror stories about Zoe pound.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/28/15 06:16 PM

They were pretty big they were importing and selling tons of coke from panama or something.

Everyone heard of zoe pound I'm sure. Don't think they have been in the news much recently though. I read somewhere they were allied with BMF.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/28/15 07:11 PM

I never heard of the boobie boys.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 02/28/15 09:28 PM

@ Scorsese & Gets

They was called Boobie Boys unofficially after the nickname of the leader but also went by Carol City Cartel

Give me some time to post the court documents.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/01/15 11:35 AM

Boobie boys were big in Miami. When Rick Ross first came out he mentioned them a lot and even had a boobie boys t shirt in a video, I heard he got checked for doing that tho

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/01/15 04:56 PM

These luchese capos that were getting 100k a month of the crack trade that's a lot of money plus reading little Al's book all the Brooklyn guys under gas n Vic has no show jobs getting money from loan sharking gambling there pockets must have been fat. But then they all got 20 years. Hope they stashed a nut.do you think they tell gas pipe here's your cutt from the 1000 gpacks sold on ave u. Yeah I watch the wire no some slang. Wu tangs for the children

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/01/15 09:40 PM

http://openjurist.org/432/f3d/1189/united-states-v-baker-e-4-h

Here's something i found. There's another enterprise that was referred to as the Florida Boys and also operated here in south Mississippi until they was arrested.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/02/15 01:23 PM

bottomline all these rappers running around here yapping this and that are the ones that are getting extorted.

all the big names from the 90s had to pay that vig.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/02/15 02:51 PM

and like anything else it was there own people that extorted them.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/02/15 06:09 PM

cheech,

you're not kidding when you say some were extorted by their OWN

Slick Rick was being extorted by his COUSIN...attempted extortion anyway. Rick got locked up for busting shots at his cousin in public and hitting a bystander.His cous was doing security for him and threatened to do something to Rick's mom (which would have been his aunt) unless Rick gave him money.

Haven't read the story in a long time but I think those are the details.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/02/15 07:07 PM

Another famous rap industry guy who's supposed to be a real gangster is eric b of Eric b and rakim. He knew a lot of infamous brooklyn stick up kids and crack dealers back in the day like 50 cent and killer ben.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/02/15 07:57 PM

Yes and yes.

It's interesting eric b and suge were supposed to do a death row east

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/03/15 09:44 AM

GOT THIS FROM ANOTHER FORUM, SO TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH:

1. "Eric. B beat down Large Professor and ran Kool G. Rap out of New York to Arizona after 'G. Rap revealed Large Pro produced most of the beats Eric B was supposed to have done on the Eric B. & Rakim albums and "wanted dead or alive""

2. "All of the DJ work on Paid In Full that was NOT done by Marley Marl was done by Rakim, not Eric B.

If I remember right didn't Rakim and Large Professor do the Don't Sweat the Technique album? With little or no input from Eric B.
Eric B didn't do a damn thing for the Eric B & Rakim albums. **** A Right!

This one has been making the rounds for years, and with good reason: It's totally true. "But wait," you say. "What about all those credits on the albums that say 'Produced by Eric B & Rakim?'" Ah, you're a sweet kid, but don't be so **** naive. The discrepancy between who got credit for what on an album versus who actually did what is huge. It was even bigger in the '80s, because hip-hop wasn't big business then. So let's break this down. First of all, Eric's classic vanity cut in which Rakim nominated him for president? Marley Marl did those scratches. And most of the rest of the scratches performed on Eric B & Rakim albums were performed by none other than the God himself, Rakim. So Eric B wasn't the scratcher. But surely he made beats, right? Not so fast. Rakim did most of the production work, plus, as your ears may have already informed you, he got massive (and uncredited) assists from 45 King (Follow the Leader) and Large Professor and the late great Paul C (Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em). So he didn't do cuts, he didn't do beats, what did he do? Well, he was indisputably the tour/performance DJ. But mostly, he was a guy with a lot of street cred and a lot of money for studio time. Artistically, his input was nil. Check his solo album if you don't believe us."

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/03/15 09:48 AM

Does anyone know much about Jimmy Henchman and Haitian Jack during the crack era? Did they start out as dealers and stick up men, then latch onto the hip hop scene?

Did Russel Simmons have links to any crews in particular, I know he was a small time hustler and he was from Hollis, Queens. That would have put him in contact with Supreme Team wouldn't it?

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/03/15 10:18 AM

Grown men are talking. Keep your bullshit out of this thread. You are neither funny or witty.

Clearly you are not very intelligent. I wasn't trying to be funny or witty. You mad, bro? Need a tissue?

I was under the impression you were speaking of Nicky Barnes, so whatever I was wrong.
Posted By: SC

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/03/15 01:41 PM

Clearly you are not very intelligent. I wasn't trying to be funny or witty. You mad, bro? Need a tissue?

C'mon guys, cut this out.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/03/15 03:07 PM

I apologize, sir.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/03/15 03:26 PM

Does anyone know much about Jimmy Henchman and Haitian Jack during the crack era? Did they start out as dealers and stick up men, then latch onto the hip hop scene?

Did Russel Simmons have links to any crews in particular, I know he was a small time hustler and he was from Hollis, Queens. That would have put him in contact with Supreme Team wouldn't it?

Look up a hip hop podcast called the Combat Jack show..find the little shawn or shawn penn episode

halfway through the interview he speaks about jack and henchmen

always better to get it from the horse's mouth and shawn ran with crews associated with both men

Russ was already established in music during the crack era..he ran with one of the 1970's era new york gangs as a teen and i'm sure he had security and supergoons around him to keep the wolves at bay
I'm not from queens but i don't think hollis is close to southside so don't know whether russ had ant dealings with preme...

always got the impression that southside was the rough part of queens or one of the rough parts

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/03/15 04:05 PM

@Lou

about the Eric B. stuff....speculation for years about what happened but suffice it to say that Eric B ran with the dream team of new york crack era street dudes. That's the element he's from so any of the rumors are possible

one issue that can be discussed and settled is about album credit....Rakim was a high school football player(pretty good from what I heard) and was scheduled to go to D1 or D2 school to play so he initially didn't sign any contracts when they did the first song or two. I think the first single said "featuring Rakim".I think someone in his family might have been in the music business so he understood not to sign his life away at 18. Unlike traditional music where there are session musicians...not sure if everybody involved in hip hop projects understood fully about production credits and what they meant.Eric B. did though.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/03/15 04:15 PM

Unless you're of a certain age and from metro NYC area....more than likely you've never heard of him because he didn't have any hits, but the rapper Just-Ice was supposed to be a real street dude.

Like the drug posses and Slick rick's cousin mentioned earlier in this thread Just was of Jamaican descent and there are some public and off the record stories about him that you can look up.

pic from his most famous vid/song "Going Way Back" featuring KRS-ONE from Boogie Down Productions

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/03/15 06:47 PM

They were part of a crew of notorious gangsters such as king tut, nubs and stretch. They went around robbing and extorting drug dealers and rappers and got into the music industry from that.

One of the cops investigating hatian jack actually wrote this movie treatment for jack. They definatley need to make that movie.

Treatment for HAITIAN JACK

A story based on the real life exploits of the music industry’s most notorious gangster and the members of law enforcement who controlled him.

William Courtney Title and Concept Registered WGAW and Library of Congress Copyright Office May 23, 2009

“Listen while I take you back (NIGGA SAY HIS NAME!) and lace this rap A real live tale about a snitch named Haitian Jack Knew he was working for the feds, same crime, different trials Nigga, picture what he said, and did I mention Promised a payback, Jimmy Henchman, in due time I know you bitch niggas is listenin, The World Is Mine…”

‘Against All Odds’ -Tupac Shakur

Haitian Jack was the most feared man in the music industry. Jack, AKA Jacques Agnant, was born in Haiti to a family of privileged politicians. They were highly educated professionals. His older siblings attended medical schools and universities in the United States. His family attended parties at ‘Baby Doc’ Duvalier’s mansion. After the coup, his family fled to Brooklyn, New York with limited funds and connections. Jack, speaking only French, was placed in a tough, local public school and forced to fight on a daily basis. He became one of the toughest street thugs in the history of Brooklyn, New York.

Jack began committing burglaries during his teen years. He specialized in drug dealers’ apartments. Jack formed a gang known as the Black Mafia. He recruited the toughest street robbers in the borough. His posse consisted of thugs such as, Tut, Nubs, Stretch, and other sociopaths, all looking to cash in on the drug economy. His crew was so feared; they could walk down the lines of New York’s hottest night clubs and take every drug dealer’s Rolex and wallet without as much as a peep. Jack began befriending such people as Mike Tyson and some local professional ball players. He used his charm to get into their pockets and when that failed, he produced a firearm. He invented the ‘friendly’ extortion game in the Black community. He is said to be the only man Mike Tyson ever feared.

In the early 1990, rap music could be heard on every comer of Bedford Stuyvesant, Brooklyn -a neighborhood so bad, the local residents coined the saying ‘Bed-Stuy Do or Die.’ Jack went out of his way to get to know Biggie Smalls, a young, local rap artist with a lot of promise. Tupac Shakur heard about Biggie, travelled to Brooklyn, and the two began to perform together. Tupac put Biggie on the map. Biggie introduced Jack to Tupac, a day that would forever seal Mr. Shakur’s fate. Jack felt that rap artists should pay homage to him; after all, he lived the life they exploited through song.

Jack and Tupac hit it off. Tupac loved Jack’s street creds and the feeling of power this mobster exuded through his swagger and earned reputation. He wanted what Jack had almost more than fame and fortune. Jack provided protection, women, and marijuana. Tupac picked up the tab at all the hot clubs. Jack was unofficially managing Tupac; the two were inseparable. The duo found themselves partying at clubs such as Nell’s with the likes of Madonna and other hot stars. Jack felt that his ride with Tupac would never end.

Jack whispered in a girl’s ear one evening at Nell’s. She smiled and walked over to Tupac. The two danced and later returned to his hotel suite. The following day she returned. Tupac took her to his room; they began having sex when Jack’s crew entered the room. The young woman became the victim of date rape. She left in tears. The police later arrived and arrested Jack and Tupac. The two hired the best attorneys and planned strategy for their defense. Jack’s attorney, Paul Brenner, decided to sever Jack’s case from Shakur’s. He got Jack a six-month plea deal. The Manhattan D.A.’s office wasn’t so kind to Tupac. He went to trial, was found guilty, and was due back in court for sentencing at a later date.

Tupac felt betrayed by Jack. He thought they should have gone to trial together. He knew Jack could handle prison; he wasn’t so sure about himself. Tupac stopped taking calls from Jack and his crew. Tupac began clubbing again. He returned to Nell’s and made a fatal mistake: he commented on Jack’s criminal dealings to New York Post reporter AJ. Benza. After making Page Six the following day, Jack plotted his revenge.

Puff Daddy feared Jack so much, he once handed him ten grand and his Rolex. Jacks’ crew coaxed Shakur to Quad Studios in Manhattan to lay down some tracks with Puff Daddy’s Bad Boy roster. Tupac entered the lobby with one of Jack’s crew, a kid named Stretch Walker. Jack’s boys confronted Tupac in the lobby. He resisted a beat down and was shot several times, suffering gunshot wounds to the head and groin. Stretch was shot in the melee as well. Shakur felt that Puffy and Biggie had set him up. He was sentenced to prison a few weeks later. Jack’s muscle within the prison system relentlessly sought Shakur out. One day, Tupac received a visit from Los Angeles gangster and owner of Death Row Records, Marion ‘Suge’ Knight. Suge convinced Tupac to sign with his label. The east coast-west coast wars were set in motion.

Years of violence between Bad Boy and Death Row left Biggie Smalls and Tupac Shakur dead. Knight’s organization had been crippled by numerous police investigations. Jack reinvented himself through The Fugees; Wyclef Jeans’ pockets were deep and Jack had both hands in them. Wyclef didn’t mind so much. Jack was a fellow Haitian and he kept all the extortion crews far away. After touring with the Fugees, Jack fell in love with Beverly Hills. He started his own management company and attached himself to artists’ publishing rights by way of fear and the gun. He broke ranks and had amassed a small fortune. Jack wasn’t happy though; he wanted more.

In 1997, Tupac was killed in Vegas and Biggie was later murdered in Los Angeles. Haitian Jack broke ranks from his crew. Nubs was murdered, and Tut went away on a Rico. The rest were bottom feeders unable to drive through the Hills without attracting attention. Jack was solo. Haitian knew he could have problems with L.A. gang members, so he established a geographical zone to stay in. He never ventured farther north of Sunset, south of Pico, east of Fairfax, orwestofthe405. It kept him away from gang bangers and the police. Jack was getting rich, but he was also getting bored.

Detective Bill Courtney was an undercover detective in the NYPD’s elite Intelligence Division. He was given his own unit and tasked with an impossible mission: taking the mob out of the music industry. Bill knew Jack’s rep from back in his Robbery Squad days. He had heard about Jack again while assigned to the DEA. Jack had robbed half the drug dealers in New York. Wire taps were abuzz about being done by the ‘Haitian One’, but no one knew where he had gone. His name was legendary, as the killer of Tupac. A little homework revealed that Jack had never earned his citizenship. As a predicate felon, Jack was deportable. Bill felt that if he found Jack, he could make him an offer he couldn’t refuse: join Team America or go back to Haiti.

One of the last times Bill heard about Jack was on the ‘Kendu’ case. Bill’s wiretap took down East New York’s biggest drug dealer, Darryl “Kendu’ Riley. A cooperator told an interesting story about Jack back when Tut was still on the streets. Jack and Tut once kicked in the door of Kendu’s top lieutenant, a gunslinger named T.T. They stole hi8 stash and threatened to kill his girlfriend if she called the police. His girlfriend Crystal foolishly called 911 as T.T. was rushing home to her aid. He beat the cops to the apartment. When the police entered, they found one of his AK-47′s under a bed. He was the victim of a robbery and now he was going to prison. Jacks’ crew later raped Crystal to keep her from testifying. T.T. wouldn’t cooperate, but a source of information on the case promised to deliver Jack.

Bill revisited the source, who was more than happy to help. The subject told him an interesting story about Jack’s exploits. One day the source was standing with a group of males in the East New York section of Brooklyn. Jack drove by, saw them and decided to stop and say hello. Jack exited his vehicle and exchanged pleasantries with the gang. The men heard muffled moaning and banging sounds coming from Jack’s trunk. Jack smiled, popped the trunk which exposed a dark skinned African male, bound and gagged with duct tape. Jack pulled the tape from the African’s mouth and said ‘Nigga where’s the money?’ The male cried ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jack placed the tape back over his mouth and shut the trunk. Jack smiled at the group and exclaimed ‘Nigga needs another hour!’ They laughed; Jack changed the subject and eventually drove off. No one knew the male or his outcome.

The source slept with half of Jack’s girlfriends, who reported on Jack’s whereabouts. He knew where Haitian dined every Friday night: the L’Ermitage Hotel in Beverly Hills. Bill made some inquiries and was referred to a sharp Los Angeles Sheriffs Department detective named Mark Gayman. Bill called Mark on and off for weeks, with no response. Mark was making calls, checking Bill out. Mark kept a tight ship on his informants and cases. Like Bill, he dreaded dealing with the F.B.I. An Orange County D.A.’s investigator cleared Bill and they started talking. Mark had learned that Jack was doing music industry scams with an L.A. mobster named Ori Spado. Ori sought Jack out to rob Colombian drugs dealers with stash houses in Beverly Hills.

Bill sent a photo out and Mark visited the L’Ermitage Hotel. The head of security knew him and confirmed that he was in fact a regular. Bill hopped on a plane with an INS warrant in hand and met with Mark at a bar on the Sunset Strip. They talked about Jack, police work, and their constant battles with the Bureau. During the briefing, Mark received a call from the L’Ermitage, Jack was at dinner a day earlier than usual. The two saddled up and visited the hotel. Mark brokered a deal with the Beverly Hills P.D. for backup and promised the hotel to wait for Jack to leave before pouncing on him. One problem… Jack dined for four or more hours at a clip.

Jack sat with a female and another couple in their high-end private dining room. Bill and Mark decided to wait in the lobby, occasionally monitoring the happy couple’s dining experience. The elevator doors opened in the lobby and actor James Woods stepped off. He saw Mark and came over to say hello. Mark had known James for some time. Mark introduced his new NYPD buddy to Mr. Woods, who proceeded to tell an interesting story he knew the New Yorker would enjoy.

James Woods was a passenger on a New York-to-Los Angeles flight when he observed males gesturing to each other with hand signals every time the flight attendants opened the cabin doors to service the flight crew. They did this repeatedly and were alarmingly open and obvious about it, at least to Mr. Woods. He petitioned the flight attendant in First Class repeatedly to secure the plane and call the authorities. She forced herself to show interest and finally told Mr. Woods that the police would meet the plane at LAX. When the plane landed at LAX, Mr. Woods was asked to remain seated and was assured that the authorities were waiting for this strange group at the gate. After the plane emptied, two F.B.I. agents boarded the plane to interview Mr. Woods. The police didn’t detain anyone. They listened to Mr. Woods’ story and took a report. Weeks later, those males became famous as the 9/11 hijackers.

James Woods went on his way, and Bill and Mark talked about the story and the Bureau once again. They took seats at the bar, ordered some drinks, and waited for the Agnant Party to finish up. Finally, Jack’s party was on the move. Bill and Mark followed them to the valet and got Beverly Hills P.D. on the ready. The cruisers stopped Jack a few blocks away with one of the longest felony vehicle stops in the history of California. Officers critiqued each other as they pulled passengers from the car. It was bizarre. One woman was the Minister of Gabon, Africa’s daughter, known to the locals as a money launderer. Finally, everyone was identified and cut loose, except for Jack of course.

At the Beverly Hills P.D. interrogation room, Bill worked on Jack for two hours. Jack agreed it would be a shame to send such a fine Haitian American back to his homeland. He agreed to join Team America. Jack was shipped off to Terminal Island on an INS hold. Bill had to move fast to get Jack paroled to him, a task that required a U.S. Attorney, I.N.S. approval, and a mountain of federal bureaucracy. Bill petitioned his favorite U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of New York, Tracy Lee Dayton. Tracy and Bill worked together, partied together, and were almost car jacked in Baltimore six months earlier. Bill gave Tracy the rundown. She flew out to L.A. and got Jack out about six weeks later.

Mark picked up Jack at Terminal Island, signed Bill’s name to the parole paperwork, and drove Jack back to Beverly Hills. Jack promised Mark he would sleep with three women that night to celebrate. Mark called Bill and put Jack on speakerphone. Jack promised to deliver good Intel, the occasional bad guy, and to be well behaved. This was a scary prospect, putting Jack out on the street. Tracy’s name was riding on it. Bill and Mark wouldn’t fare well with any mishaps either. Bill and Tracy opened an OCDETF case in New York. This provided funds for travel, informant payments, and any equipment necessary needed for the furtherance of justice. The goal was to utilize Jack to take out Organized Crime in the music industry. Bill and Mark didn’t know it, but the case would last for seven years, net huge seizures, and remove a lot of bad guys from the entertainment industry.

With a full war chest, Bill decided to head west. He and Mark hit it off and had similar styles in policing. Bill grabbed a hotel room in Beverly Hills and Mark moved into the suite for the week. They hit all the mob bars at night and dropped business cards everywhere. They put the word out that NYPD and LAPD were working together and meant business. Calls started coming in; bad guys were feeling uneasy. The boys invited Jack over for his first debriefing. Jack loved telling war stories. He spoke about how hard it was to rob a stash house. He had to convince people that he really was the police, steal their money or drugs, which were usually quite heavy, and then escape, sometimes with heavy gunfire coming from both sides. He talked about Tupac and how foolish he was. He denied any knowledge of the killing.

A month or two later, Bill received a call from a hit man-turned-informant back east. The hit man had been approached to kill rap artist 50 Cent. He gave the hit over to an associate named Ta Ta. Bill brokered a deal through Jimmy Iovine at Interscope Records to get access to 50′s camp and prevent the murder. Mark got a posse of deputies together and off they went for two night’s of rap at the House of Blues. At the end of the second night, Bill and Mark went to speak with 50 and his manger, Chris Lighty. As they were escorted to his table, they saw Jack sitting with 50 Cent, pointing his finger at the rap artist. Jack, 50, and his manager all seemed to have heart attacks as Bill and Mark approached. Jack excused himself and a serious conversation ensued.

Chris and 50 wanted nothing to do with solving the last attempt on his life. His album was number one and they knew they were on their way to untold riches. When asked about the light-skinned gentleman who had just left the table, the duo shrugged and said he was an A&R guy from the label. Bill and Mark pulled Jack in later on. Jack went on to tell them that 50 had promised him a young R&B singer named Governor. When asked why, Jack just smiled. Jack needed some more discipline; it was hard to keep Jack in check. Bill and Mark texted Jack on his Blackberry later on that night: it was the weather report in Haiti. Jack texted back, ‘Very funny, I’ll be good.’

In a few months, Bill and Mark were running strong. Mark was pulling in some great cases: hits on music industry executives, pump-and-dump scams, extortion of a variety of artists, and other mayhem. Bill stayed around to help whenever he could. One day, Mark received a call from a solid informant, who reported that a mobster named Ori Spado had a big marijuana connection through a guy named Haitian Jack. Ori was Mark’s initial reason for looking into Haitian Jack. The two were orchestrating the transportation of marijuana from Canada to Syracuse, New York. Once the pot hit the private airport, Pagan MC Members from Long Island would transport the contraband down to New York City. A meet was scheduled the next day in a midtown hotel.

Bill got his crew together and established surveillance at the hotel. Mark had limited contact with the informant. Mark called to tell Bill the meeting was ending; the crew was leaving the hotel with the buyers. Bill saw Ori and his crew leave with two Palestinian males. Bill’s team followed the Palestinians. A license plate check revealed that the occupants were the famous Ayesh brothers from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. The Ayesh brothers were known to the F.B.I as marijuana and methamphetamine dealers.

They laundered their money home through funds established for Palestinian relief that were nothing more than fronts for Hamas and the P.L.O. Bill called the Joint Terrorism Task Force and flipped them the case. They were quite happy to finally have the Ayesh clan. They established surveillance and months later took down the Pagans and Palestinian connection. Jack was becoming a serious liability.

Bill received a call from investigators at ~he Bureau of Prisons. Members of their Intelligence Division intercepted prison calls from Five-Percent Nation leader Kenneth ‘Supreme’ McGriff. Supreme had instructed his top lieutenant to ‘check out’ Detective Courtney. A week later when Bill was exiting a plane in Richmond, Virginia, he checked his voicemail and received a chilling message: the sound of a semi-automatic pistol being racked back and fired. Bill’s home in New York was placed under surveillance, complete with Kevlar curtains and panic buttons throughout the house.

Bill decided to get Jack on it. When Jack took the call, he became enraged. He told Bill that he knew who the guys were and would take care of them. Bill told Jack the connection was bad and instructed him to call back from a payphone. Jack called back an hour later. Bill ripped into him. Bill told Jack that his phone could be tapped at any moment and really wasn’t particularly happy about getting involved in a murder conspiracy with him. Jack apologized and told him that he would make inquiries just like the police, only with faster results. Bill called Mark and talked. Haitian was great for getting bad guys numbers, locating fugitives, and having the inside info on all the scams in the music industry, but he was becoming a nuisance. Mark decided to follow him around.

Jack called Bill often to complain. He became Jack’s father confessor. Jack complained that Lyor Cohen and Dr. Dre had produced Governor’s album and were demanding a million dollars for the production. They wouldn’t wait for album sales to pay the tab. Jack wanted to know how to make them comply without, you know, hurting them. Lyor and Dre had off-duty law enforcement as security; getting to them was impossible. Jack also complained about suing Tupac’s estate for damages. Tupac alleges that Jack was a rat in the song ‘Against All Odds’. It wasn’t true. The case was thrown out of federal court. Bill told Jack if he won, Bill would give him up. He wasn’t the least bit amused.

For a month, Mark followed Jack all over the Hills and documented every step. He knew Jack would mess up sooner or later, but wanted to show he and Bill had tried to keep him in check. Mark pulled Jack over one day and told him Bill wanted to jam up some guys from 50′s Posse. Jack threw a party at a restaurant in the Hills called Crustacean. He invited 50′s crew and a lot of famous artists. Mark wired Bill up and sent him in the restaurant. The goal was to get 50′s guys on tape, talking about a feud they had back east. Jack introduced him to Aretha Franklin and placed him at her table. Stevie Wonder later joined the fray. It was bizarre. Bill decided to have smoke.

Out on the smoking deck, several local gangsters had spied Bill talking to Jack. They took him for a gangster. An Armenian male approached Bill and asked him what he did. Bill told him he ran a warehouse back in Brooklyn. The male smiled and told him he could put some ladies in the warehouse. Bills’ wire was transmitting to a surveillance truck a few blocks away. Bills’ phone started to ring off the hook. Bill saw Mark trying to ring in, but tried to ignore it; he was in the middle of a drug deal after all. Finally, Bill gave in and excused himself to call Mark. Before Bill could speak, Mark told him that the male talking to him was one of his operatives. Get away and we’ll set him straight later on. 50′s guys never showed. Bill decided to hang with Stevie and Aretha for the rest of the evening.

Bill and Mark had run nonstop for a year, grabbing fugitives, handling mob cases, and terrorizing the local Mafia community. Jack went missing and didn’t answer his phone. Bill received a call from a trusted informant: Calls to Miami P.D. revealed numerous shootings, but no deaths or reports to confirm the tip. Things were getting out of control. Tracy Dayton’s husband had cancer and was dying; Bill didn’t have the heart or nerve to give her an update.

One Sunday afternoon, Bill was back east sitting in his office, a secret offsite location in the old Nabisco Cookie Factory in Chelsea. Mark told Bill to sit down. It seemed that Jack and female rap artist M.C. Lyte were in a West Hollywood club when some Black Mafia Family members disrespected Jack. Jack calmly left the club with the rapper and returned a few minutes later. Jack was laughing hysterically, yelling ‘where you guys at?’ He found his target and chased him under some tables in the club, calmly shooting the male in the legs and smiling quite proudly. He calmly exited the club. One of Mark’s informants was in the club and decided to make the call.

Bill hung up the phone and called the airlines. Bill left a message for Jack: ‘I finally have your S Visa and you’re officially a U.S. citizen.’ Jack called Bill back hours later. With a lump in his throat, he told Bill how much he loved him and what a straight up guy he was. He told Bill that he had some problems, but ”we’ll talk when you get here”. Bill arranged for Jack to meet him at the Hyatt House on the Sunset Strip. Jack came inside and ventured up to the upstairs lobby and gave Bill a hug. Bill introduced Jack to U.S. Marshal Tony Burke and had a chat. Bill told Jack to stand up and the West Hollywood detective squad rushed out of a nearby conference room and jumped him. He looked up from the ground and calmly said, ‘You lied to me, Bill.’

gunsAndMoney-748946

Bill took Jack’s keys and sent a West Hollywood detective to get a search warrant for Jack’s apartment. Hours later they were inside. It was the most tastefully decorated apartment Bill had ever seen and Bill knew some well-to-do people. The gun was found rather quickly. There was also a large safe in the apartment. Bill called a locksmith. The locksmith called the safe company with his credentials. They received the original safe code; Jack had never changed it and the safe popped right open. Inside, they found a large amount of crisp, new U.S. currency and a cache of photos. Amongst the pictures were racy photos of Madonna with another woman, a photo of Jack and Tupac giving the finger, and a photo of Jack and President Clinton.

Bill fought his way out of the apartment with the photos, promising the search team copies. Bill visited Jack in the lockup. Jack told Bill he was foolish to recover the gun; after all, his victim had been paid off and Bill really could have used him. Jack explained the photos recovered from his apartment. Haitian used to sleep with a Beverly Hills socialite. She raised money for the Foster Care program. Jack delivered top name artists to her fundraising galas. Jack raised more money than anyone in the history of Foster Care fundraising. They made Jack Man of the Year, a title he shared with President Clinton. The two shared a photo at an event honoring their efforts. If the Secret Service only knew…..

Jack talked about the old days and how lucky he was. He told Bill that he would come through, but Bill knew that Jack had played everyone all along. Jack took a plea and was deported to Haiti a year later. Mark and Bill still get calls about Jack… he returns once in a while to visit, but knows staying is a mandatory five-year sentence if caught. Last Bill and Mark heard, Jack was managing Shaquille O’Neal. Apparently Shaq had some problems in Miami that Jack took care of.

Jack now resides legally in the Dominican Republic. He is supported by Wyc1ef Jean, and whatever riches he has stashed over the years. He was truly the greatest gangster ever to manipulate the music industry. He was charming, funny, and charismatic. He was also a killer. If his mother had filled out his Visa application properly, he would still be driving around in his little piece of Los Angeles.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There’s also a negative side.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/03/15 08:12 PM

Look up a hip hop podcast called the Combat Jack show..find the little shawn or shawn penn episode

halfway through the interview he speaks about jack and henchmen

always better to get it from the horse's mouth and shawn ran with crews associated with both men

Russ was already established in music during the crack era..he ran with one of the 1970's era new york gangs as a teen and i'm sure he had security and supergoons around him to keep the wolves at bay
I'm not from queens but i don't think hollis is close to southside so don't know whether russ had ant dealings with preme...

always got the impression that southside was the rough part of queens or one of the rough parts

the little shawn interview was good. its really cose to Pacs interview in Vibe discussing it.
it was definitely a set up by whom and i why dont know. jimmy admitted to it but little shawn doesnt believe it for some reason

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/04/15 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

fuck him with his racist comments. you know the ones he edits?? we are having a good discussion for once. why have it ruined by someone who doesnt care about the topic or know anything about it. if he said something about jews it would be different.

FUCK HIM
Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/04/15 07:56 PM

A few wiseguys and connected guys got hooked on rock during the 80's. Sammy the Bull whacked a few guys from his crew over it. Nicky "Cowboy" Mormando was clipped for being a crackhead and Mikey DeBatt was shortly after for introducing him to crack.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/04/15 10:17 PM

@cheech,

here is the recent haitian jack interview that combat jack alluded to

http://hiphopwired.com/2015/02/05/street...labeled-snitch/

print....not video.....though Combat said there was a video

@thisguy,

thanks for info...I'm surprised more street guys don't get strung out on drugs.murdering people has to have an adverse effect on people and you figured that they'd take hard drugs to try to forget what they've seen and done.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/05/15 08:39 AM

s
Originally Posted By: SC

fuck him with his racist comments. you know the ones he edits?? we are having a good discussion for once. why have it ruined by someone who doesnt care about the topic or know anything about it. if he said something about jews it would be different.

FUCK HIM

Here we go with the crying on the internet again. What are you talking about my "racist" comments? I don't recall making any racist comments or anything that would be perceived as racist in awhile or at all but hey, its the internet, don't really care.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/05/15 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere
A few wiseguys and connected guys got hooked on rock during the 80's. Sammy the Bull whacked a few guys from his crew over it. Nicky "Cowboy" Mormando was clipped for being a crackhead and Mikey DeBatt was shortly after for introducing him to crack.

Anthony "Bruno" Indelicato i think also became a crack addict and had to flee, was he able to come back into the bonnanos?.

Frank Matthews was apparently a huge coke head too.
Posted By: SC

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/05/15 10:43 AM

Here we go with the crying on the internet again. What are you talking about my "racist" comments? I don't recall making any racist comments or anything that would be perceived as racist in awhile or at all but hey, its the internet, don't really care.

Enough of this shit already! I CAN go back and check edits but it's a pain in the ass to do so. If anyone has an issue or a problem with a specific edit use the NOTIFY feature to let a moderator know about it. Otherwise I will NOT go through a few hundred messages looking for any evidence of trolling. I promise you this, though, if anyone is trolling here they will get banned for good.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/05/15 11:18 AM

so i can put hickies on her neck like little shawn/

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/05/15 11:21 AM

Nobody cares about your stupid black family rap g-unit crip criminals, black family. They are not interesting.

No need for this. BF is a good humble dude. Take that negative shit somewhere else. You don't like a thread, don't click on it. Smh

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/05/15 11:22 AM

@Gets

party and bullshit!
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/05/15 07:39 PM

Speaking of Indelicato, found this on wiki:

After the three capos' murders, Alphonse's brother Joseph assumed control of his crew, which included Anthony. At one point, Indelicato allegedly attempted to assassinate Gambino crime family boss John Gotti and Gambino mobster Angelo Ruggiero. Gotti had assisted Massino in the murder of the three capos by disposing of the bodies. Indelicato allegedly drove alongside Gotti's car on the Van Wyck Expressway in Queens during a high speed chase and shot at him. However, Ruggiero, who was driving at the time, swerved in time to dodge the gunfire.

This true?

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/06/15 12:31 AM

@Gets

party and bullshit!

right

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/06/15 04:15 AM

Barretm that's been around awhile so maybe some truth. Probaly they argument at bar. But girls an coke. Crack is what happens after the coke or a fine ass girl wants more. Then if I offer you a bump in the bathroom but you want a blast. At the end of the day nobodys dick works on coke. It's a lie. May e if hour under 23. Live report from Cali. Eg its snowing on east coast
Posted By: ThisGuyOverHere

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/08/15 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM
Speaking of Indelicato, found this on wiki:

After the three capos' murders, Alphonse's brother Joseph assumed control of his crew, which included Anthony. At one point, Indelicato allegedly attempted to assassinate Gambino crime family boss John Gotti and Gambino mobster Angelo Ruggiero. Gotti had assisted Massino in the murder of the three capos by disposing of the bodies. Indelicato allegedly drove alongside Gotti's car on the Van Wyck Expressway in Queens during a high speed chase and shot at him. However, Ruggiero, who was driving at the time, swerved in time to dodge the gunfire.

This true?

First time I'm hearing this. Do they site a source?

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/17/15 02:20 PM

Big Daddy Kane was around a lot of heavy weights. he used to hang around New Haven a lot back in the late 80s early 90s.

if you listen to Set It Off by him at the end he shouts out a bunch of people. he says Lokey and the whole Jungle Posse. thats in reference to The Jungle projects across from the new haven train station. feds came down with fucking helicopters one day and took everyone.

Lokey was the real deal. name still rings bells. any way if you listen to the old timers theres all sorts of stories on kane around here from girls to shoot outs to getting his chain snatched and getting it back that night.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CikybHxxOB0
http://www.segag.org/ganginfo/frjboys.html
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The mob during the crack era - 03/17/15 02:40 PM

Check your email, Cheech. I'm not opening my pm here. Not unless they make the board invite only lol.
Posted By: donplugconnected

Re: The mob during the crack era - 08/25/15 03:41 AM

great question i wish i could answer this but i truly don't know BUT something i know for fact is they didn't get to involved like pablo escobar obviously. i find this so interesting that you hear about more southern americans and blacks making come-ups during this period rather than the mafia. people like frank lucas, frank Matthews,nicky untouchable barnes, pablo escobar, the godmother etc.... which really surprises me cause if the mafia got involved being extremely organized already and what not they could of truly took the godmother and so many other major players out and been the major players in the us using the trafficante family as a port and all these other smaller families to get it to them and the country.
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: The mob during the crack era - 08/25/15 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: donplugconnected
great question i wish i could answer this but i truly don't know BUT something i know for fact is they didn't get to involved like nothing like pablo escobar obviously. i find this so interesting that you hear about more southern americans and blacks making come-ups during this period rather than the mafia. people like frank lucas, frank Matthews,nicky untouchable barnes, pablo escobar, the godmother etc.... which really surprises me cause if the mafia got involved being extremely organized already and what not they could of truly took the godmother and so many other major players out and been the major players in the us using the trafficante family as a port and all these other smaller families to get it to them and the country.
The first 3 people you mentioned all got there dope from italians, and there is no reason to murder somebody like the godmother are escobar, they where Columbian, the coke came from there, there connections where impossible to replace.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 08/25/15 05:33 AM

@donplugandconnected & @mackinblack007

Frank Lucas, Frank Matthews, and Nicky Barnes was kingpins mainly in the heroin trade of the 70s not the crack business. You would be mentioning Ricky " Freeway" Ross, Chamber Brothers, Kenneth Williams, etc.

There's too many connections to cocaine suppliers for it to be managed exclusively by LCN families. LCN is drug operations are generally limited to their turf.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: The mob during the crack era - 08/25/15 07:16 AM

Originally Posted By: donplugconnected
great question i wish i could answer this but i truly don't know BUT something i know for fact is they didn't get to involved like nothing like pablo escobar obviously. i find this so interesting that you hear about more southern americans and blacks making come-ups during this period rather than the mafia. people like frank lucas, frank Matthews,nicky untouchable barnes, pablo escobar, the godmother etc.... which really surprises me cause if the mafia got involved being extremely organized already and what not they could of truly took the godmother and so many other major players out and been the major players in the us using the trafficante family as a port and all these other smaller families to get it to them and the country.

While the LCN had heroin supply from across the Atlantic, it was never in a position to control the supply of cocaine and marijuana which the South American and Mexican groups had access to. Nevertheless, several families (especially in NY) became significant distributors at the the wholesale and mid-levels. The key to LCN survival wasn't so much controlling the drug trade as staying diversified, with drugs being only one of its core rackets.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 08/26/15 03:23 AM

for some reason i never realized how they do have turfs and main places they operate. but i do agree which i find interesting because "organized crime" is different from "unorganized criminals"such as gang members and what not. lol i was extremely off on the dealers it'd seem i feel stupid thank you for correcting me.

Re: The mob during the crack era - 08/26/15 04:03 AM

yes you are right. i always thought if they got involved in drug trafficking that'd bring them back around the same strength as during the golden era(prohibition) of the mafia.what do you mean diversify? i personally thought they were always pretty diversified(atleast the gambinos) with both a blue collar and white collar factions in the families.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET