Home

Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody

Posted By: Dwalin2011

Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 01/31/15 03:55 PM

Song about Raffaele Cutolo by Fabrizio De Andre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wml4es9RiR8

Parody mafia song from a Russian cartoon (the language is a sort of Russian parody of Italian):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utuDgDvInsk
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 01/31/15 05:21 PM

Fabrizio was a legend of a singer.. popular even outside of Italy. I've heard that song, pretty impressive.

The other one is so ridiculous you can't help but laugh, good find!

Dwalin I didn't know you were Russian. Have you lived in Italy? You seem to have pretty good knowledge of its culture. I'm Albanian and we pretty much grew up with Italian shows, TV, movies and it came naturally as a second language. Unfortunately English was more useful so I stopped bothering with Italian. I still understand it and speak it, just not fluently.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 01/31/15 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino

Dwalin I didn't know you were Russian. Have you lived in Italy? You seem to have pretty good knowledge of its culture. I'm Albanian and we pretty much grew up with Italian shows, TV, movies and it came naturally as a second language. Unfortunately English was more useful so I stopped bothering with Italian. I still understand it and speak it, just not fluently.

I live in Italy now, have moved to Milan from Russia as an early teen with my parents (and the cat as well smile ) , about 15 years ago. People are friendly here, although I miss the snow in winter.
But Albanian is a language completely different from the ones originated from Latin, like Italian, Spanish, French. Was it difficult to learn Italian and Albanian at the same time?
I also had to study Latin as it is in the school program everywhere in Italy, some ways of modifying the words (the cases: nominative, genitive, etc) are similar to Russian.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 01/31/15 07:22 PM

Fabrizio was a legend of a singer.. popular even outside of Italy. I've heard that song, pretty impressive.

The other one is so ridiculous you can't help but laugh, good find!

Where are you from,Albania?

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 01/31/15 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
I live in Italy now, have moved to Milan from Russia as an early teen with my parents (and the cat as well smile ) , about 15 years ago. People are friendly here, although I miss the snow in winter.
But Albanian is a language completely different from the ones originated from Latin, like Italian, Spanish, French. Was it difficult to learn Italian and Albanian at the same time?
I also had to study Latin as it is in the school program everywhere in Italy, some ways of modifying the words (the cases: nominative, genitive, etc) are similar to Russian.

Italy is really nice. I've been throughout the north, Rome, but the southernmost I ever got was like 20 mins away from Naples. I really enjoyed Genoa in particular. Unfortunately I only stayed in Milano for 3 hours, so I can't say I've seen it.
It's very easy when you're a kid and spend half of your day watching Italian-dubbed TV shows, cartoons and movies lol

@Alex: Yeah, I'm from Tirana (the capital)

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 01/31/15 08:09 PM

Italy is really nice. I've been throughout the north, Rome, but the southernmost I ever got was like 20 mins away from Naples. I really enjoyed Genoa in particular. Unfortunately I only stayed in Milano for 3 hours, so I can't say I've seen it.
It's very easy when you're a kid and spend half of your day watching Italian-dubbed TV shows, cartoons and movies lol

@Alex: Yeah, I'm from Tirana (the capital)

Thank you so much,I had no idea that Tirana is the capital of Albania.

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 01/31/15 08:48 PM

Hey, no need to be sarcastic, not everybody here knows. (Unless you weren't, then my bad)

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 01/31/15 09:00 PM

Hey, no need to be sarcastic, not everybody here knows. (Unless you weren't, then my bad)

You live 500 km from me,of course I know.

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 01/31/15 09:06 PM

Obviously, but not everybody here does which is why I specified it in brackets, no idea why it bothered you so much, but whatever.

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 01/31/15 09:16 PM

Obviously, but not everybody here does which is why I specified it in brackets, no idea why it bothered you so much, but whatever.

Because you put @Alex and than said what you had to say,as if you were refering to me.Nevermind,lets leave that alone now.

Song about Raffaele Cutolo by Fabrizio De Andre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wml4es9RiR8

Parody mafia song from a Russian cartoon (the language is a sort of Russian parody of Italian):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utuDgDvInsk

Loved both songs,never heard them before.Parody can sometimes be very bad and not so interesting,but this is cool.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 02/02/15 03:25 PM

well, check these out then:

from To Die For Tano...a great, little gem of italian cinema (google for more)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPX2tQ6lxYs&list=PLUBIIN37X1S4b-BA-i-zN_HPZIaeaA2nU&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWjPx-eBQUM&list=PLUBIIN37X1S4b-BA-i-zN_HPZIaeaA2nU&index=6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwMF1gnKbYA&index=1&list=PLUBIIN37X1S4b-BA-i-zN_HPZIaeaA2nU

...and straight out of 1970s bklyn by the great Bakshi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4_lBhu9go
Posted By: ShotgunTheRifle

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 02/02/15 09:09 PM

Apparently there is a parody of "grandma got ran over by a reindeer" called "grandpa got killed by a monster in south philly" anyone ever hear?

Re: Mafia songs: 1 serious and one parody - 02/02/15 09:25 PM

All this talk is making me remember the epic long-running Italian TV show "La Piovra" or "The Octapus (?)" Commissar Catani was one tough SOB. It had such killer soundtrack composed by Ennio Morricone.

Taken from Wiki:
Quote:
The TV drama was wildly successful in the USSR, where it appeared on state TV in 1986 [2] and in Bulgaria, where is also appeared in the end of the 1980s (later on, the show even featured Bulgarian actor Stefan Danailov in its seventh season), offering the viewers of both countries thrills and dark drama from beyond the Iron Curtain. La Piovra was also shown in 1987–1988 in communist Albania, where it became a huge hit and remains to date a cult film, whose characters and expressions have permeated culture, language and society.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET