Home

John Alite Interview

Posted By: Extortion

John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 02:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtwjVhIPs9g

Possible motive behind JR stabbing....Alite Claims JR was actually thrown out of the mafia in 2005 when they found out about pro-offer.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 05:48 PM

Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed it very much! alite actually seems like he spoke from the heart & appears to genuinely changed from bad guy to good guy. He didn't even want to discuss Vicky out of respect plus as he put it "wasn't there to discuss her but rather to give a message to kids that the life is no good"

I never knew Mark Reiter's kid got whacked either? Anyone know the story behind that ? Although I read Reiter's brother got killed & it was done by Tommy Karate & his co defendant who was later killed in prison (hit ordered by Reiter)
Posted By: pmac

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 06:36 PM

my 2 cent I kinda believe him in this interview. im sure some of are poster can post if nick corrozo was actin boss in 2005 he got picked up in crackdown day 2011. was he out in 05 when alites in brazil talkin got the lawyer nephew. he really throws carnesi under the boss saying he brought the proffer to dan marino. all this shit can be found out because these guys are always In prison so the dates will add up. not a good look for jr and its a mess the feds leting this shit get public never ever should happen. the capo from the Genovese mention to a fed small talk that another soldier fusco got made when he was in jail that one sentence got in a presenting report and the westside bosses put the hit out and hes dead. jr legacy in his head has been destroyed. what about gotti sr never letting any one in his presense wearing sunglasses theres so many fed pics I wonder if he really inforced it.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 06:41 PM

yaeh iim starting to think that stabbing was lcn related. someone must have not wanted his book out and tried to stop it. not a hit just a threat stabing, heard in the gut is more painful then getting shot. don't believe for a second gotti sr sent john alite in 1986(whats alite 23?) to tell joe n gallo to step down gravano would have put that in his book. gotti paid for gallos appeal on those ravenite tapes talking about how expansive it was.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 06:45 PM

any of you new capeci lcn rat book writters need to get to one of them bonanno guys. hopefuly vitale if not that guy shellack head think he was acting underboss to awhile just not cicale that guy was made and flipped in 1yr. after 12 guys from the old days flipped. alite says he got 9k for the book but sun of sam law took it. somereson he comes off as sensere. like when he tells jr get that srewed up gotti legacy out your mind it eneded bad for all of them. look at gigante family there all still in legit million dolar jobs except the one girl.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 06:52 PM

If that story about Gotti jr's lawyer Charles Carnesi being the guy who tipped off Marino is true, damn Gotti jr should know that if u ever want to entertain the idea of ratting- never involve your usual mob lawyer. U must fire him & get a federal government funded one
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 07:03 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
yaeh iim starting to think that stabbing was lcn related. someone must have not wanted his book out and tried to stop it. not a hit just a threat stabing, heard in the gut is more painful then getting shot. don't believe for a second gotti sr sent john alite in 1986(whats alite 23?) to tell joe n gallo to step down gravano would have put that in his book. gotti paid for gallos appeal on those ravenite tapes talking about how expansive it was.

That stabbing wasn't LCN related, get it out of your head pmac.

Alite telling Joe N Gallo to step down? I agree with you. That's hilarious, Gallo would've slapped the shit out of him. Gallo was very well liked & respected. He was consig under 3 bosses, Carlo, Paul & JG. He was a contender to take over from Anastasia for fucks sake.

Terrible audio quality on this video.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 07:08 PM

Alite's a piece of shit, but yeah Gotti Jr definitely ratted on Danny Marino and was shelved.
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 07:12 PM

Gotti admitted to the proffer in his book, he couldnt deny it if the paperwork it out, its black and white, can only do damage control, what a way to shit on your family name.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: mackinblack007
Gotti admitted to the proffer in his book, he couldnt deny it if the paperwork it out, its black and white, can only do damage control, what a way to shit on your family name.

Bet his uncles & cousins don't speak to him anymore. He was never cut out for that life.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 07:30 PM

A rat is a rat is a rat.

A rat under any other name is still a rat.

This is a black and white issue.

Gotti Jr. is a rat. I agree with you on this, Tommy Gambino.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 08:41 PM

I am curious as to why so many people have such a VERY negative opinion towards Alite?

I do know that he is in that rat category and can totally understand why guys within the life would want to eat his heart out BUT, us regular folks do not really know the guy.

I will say that he ABSOLUTELY seems genuine when he speaks.....WHY? because when he speaks it flows.....When someone is lying about things, they usually pause and choose their words wisely. He does acknowledge that he was an evil person and I do not doubt the slightest bit that he saw so much wrongness, favoritism and nepotism....I believe he had a front row seat to immense rule breaking that if it were anyone else who broke the rules, they would be dead in the street. That second set of rules makes a normal guy fuming mad.......Think about our present day income inequality. That really is aggravating and people want to lash out but, are just unsure of which avenue to choose.....Alite chose to hit him as hard as he could!
Posted By: cheech

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 08:46 PM

I'll tell you this and I dot know junior from a hole in the wall. But I do know some people in Long Island. And all I'll say is he does still have friends. Take that for whatever you'd like.
Like I said. That's what I heard from more than one person.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
I'll tell you this and I dot know junior from a hole in the wall. But I do know some people in Long Island. And all I'll say is he does still have friends. Take that for whatever you'd like.

do his friends know he is a snitch? seems to be proof positive on this thread that JR ate birdseed, and sang.

do his friends trust him?
Posted By: dominic_calabrese

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/29/15 09:47 PM

To be fair, it looks like Gotti Jr didn't disclose anything particularly important. Among the living Gambino's, he says Marino okayed Hydell's murder, but that's about it. And though it is a dirty move, and a violation of omerta, it is also true that Marino was part of an opposing faction in the family. This hardly rises to the same level as Gravano's treachery . . . .

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Date of Transcription 01/16/2006

JOHN A. GOTTI, also known as (aka) JUNIOR (GOTTI, JR.) (Protect Identity) was present at the united States Attorney’s Office, Southern district of New York (SDNY), 500 Pearl Street, New York, New York on January 18, 2005 for a proffer session. This meeting was arranged at GOTTI, JR.’S request. Also present were GOTTI JR.’S ATTORNEYS, Jeffrey Lichtman, Esq., and MARC FERNICH, Esq., as well as Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSAS) Robert Buehler, Joon Kim and Jennifer Rodgers, SDNY.

After GOTTI JR. and his attorneys read the proffer agreement and the terms of that agreement were explained to them by the AUSAS, GOTTI JR. signed the agreement. GOTTI JR. thereafter provided the following information.

The Murder of Danny Silva

In the early morning hours of either March 11th or 12th, 1983, GOTTI JR. , along with friends MARK CAPUTO and ANTHONY AMOROSO, were present at the SLIVER FOX bar located on 101st Street and Liberty Avenue in Queens, New York. At some point, TOMMY Last Name Unknonw (LNU) aka “ELFIE” approached GOTTI, JR., who was seated at the bar with a female friend, DONNA (LNU) . According to GOTTI, JR., ‘ELFIE’ repeatedly bumped into him. Words were exchanged, one thing led to another and GOTTI, JR. ultimately hit ‘ELFIE’ with a broken glass bottle. GOTTI, JR. then stabbed ‘ELFIE’ with a knkife that GOTTI JR. had obtained from AMOROSO.
According to GOTTI JR., a melee ensued involving approximately 30 to 40 of the bar’s patrons. GOTTI JR. recalled that among those involved in the melee wee: DANNY SILVA, JOHN and GREG MASSA, ANGELO CASTELLI, JOEY CURIO, First Name Unknow (FNU) RILEY and JOHN CENNAMO. GOTTI JR. stated that DANNY SILVA was stabbed and killed during the melee.

GOTTI, JR. described a meeting which occurred a hort time after the incident at the SLIVER FOX, between ANGELO RUGGIERO, SR., AND New York City Police Department (NYPD) Detective, JOHN DALY. GOTTI ,JR. drove RUGGIERO to the meeting, which took place at the Sherwood Dinier located near the Five Towns, on the Queens-Nassau County border. Before the meeting GOTTI JR. and RUGGIERO discussed the purpose of the meeting. According to GOTTI , JR. , RUGGIERO was carrying a brown paper bag containing $25,000 in cash. GOTTI, JR. observed RUGGIERO sit in the rear of the diner and meet with DALY and an unknown white male. RUGGIERO advised GOTTI JR. that the $25,000 cash payment was made to DALY to get his (GOTTI JR.’S) name out of the SILVER FOX murder investigation. While GOTTI, JR., did not directly meet DALY, DALY did acknowledge GOTTI, JR.on his way out of the diner, as GOTTI, JR. sat waiting in the car.

Following this meeting with RUGGIERO and DALY, GOTTI, JR. was instructed by his father, JOHN J. GOTTI, (GOTTI, SR.) TO LEAVE New York for a while until things “colled down.” GOTTI, JR. left New York for Fort Lauderdale, Florida, whee he remained for some time. At some time GOTTI, SR. joined him in F.orida and the two eventually returned to New York.

Upon GOTTI, JR.’S return to New York, he learned that JOHN CENNAMO , one of DANNY SILVA’S friends who was present that the SILVER FOX the night SILVA was stabbed and killed, was dead, apparently having hung himself..

GOTT JR. provided the following as background:

ANGELO RUGGIERO was ‘put on the shelf” by GOTTI, SR. after the murder of JIMMY HYDELL in 1986. HYDELL was tortured and killed by members of the Luchese Organized Crime Family because he (HYDELL) and others had shot and tried to kill ANTHONY ‘GASPIPE’ CASSO. The Luchese Family learned that RUGGIERO was behind the attempt to kill CASSO and demanded that RUGGIERO himself be killed. GOTTI, SR., who was very close to RUGGIERO, did not have RUGGIERO killed. Instead, RUGGIERO was “put on the shelf.”

Prior to HYDELL’S murder, members of the Luchese Family summoned Gambino Family members JIMMY “BROWN”FAILLA and JOE ‘BUTCH’ CORRAO to the location where HYDELL was being held. According to GOTTI, JR., faille AND corraoa wee summoned to that location so that they would be present when HYDELL admitted his and RUGGIERO’S involvement in the attempted murder of CASSO. Prior to the Luchese Family killing HYDELL, FAILLA and CORRAO obtained Gambino Family member DANNY MARINO’S approval to kill HYDELL., because, according to GOTTI, JR., HYDELL was MARINO’S nephew.

Even though RUGGIERO had been “put on the shelf,” GOTTI, JR., continued to meet with him in violation of mafia protocol. GOTTI’S father, (GOTTI SR.) reprimanded him on occasion for meeting with RUGGIERO. GOTTI, JR. learned from RUGGIERO that in the weeks and months after SILVA was killed at the SILVER FOZ, CENNAMO ut continued pressure on the police department to investigate his (SILVA’S) murder. RUGGIERO told GOTTI, JR. that CENNAMO “pressed” his 9GOTTI’S) name in the investigation and his (GOTTI, JR.’S) role in the bar fight that led to SILVA’S murder. RUGGIERO told GOTTI, JR. that he (RUGGIERO) and others had obtained NYPD DD5S [official police department reports] of the SILVA murer investigation from DALY. RUGGIERO then advised GOTTI, JR. that CENNAMO’S death , which appeared to be a suicide, was in fact a murder and that he (RUGGIERO), JOE WATTS and WILLIE BOY JOHNSON had killed CENNAMO on GOTTI SR.’S orders. RUGGIERO told GOTTI JR. that DETECTIVE JOHN DALY provided background information regarding CENNAMO which the Gambino family used to locate him.

Several years later, after GOTTI JR. was arrested on unrelated charges, an additional cash payment was made to DALY when GOTTI JR.’S name resurfaced in the SILVA murder investigation.

GOTTI JR. stated that after his father was arrested and remanded to prison [December 1990] , GOTTI JR. frequently met with JOE WATTS, who was a close associate of GOTTI SR. At one meeting with WATTS at the Lum Chin Chinese restaurant,, WATTS admitted his involvement in the murder of CENNAMO. Wattsa also told GOTTI JR. that the first “piece of work” he (WATTS) was involved in was the murder of VITO BORELLI in approximately 1980, which he committed with GOTTI SR.

According to GOTTI JR. JOHN DALY was assigned to the 106th Precinct during the time he received the payoffs from the Gambino Family and provided information to the Gambino Family about the SILVA murder investigation. GOTTI JR. added that DALY later went to work for the Queens District Attorney’s Office.

Oak Point Garbage Dump

At some point in late 1980’s GOTTI JR and others wanted to develop approximately 28 acres of land located on the Bronx side of the Triboro Bridge. This tract of land was known as Oak Point and at that time was being used by New York City as a garbage dump. GOTTI, JR. and his associates wanted to build modular homes on the property through a company known as Brite Star Homes. In addition to the housing development GOTTI JR. wanted to get involved in the construction of the Bronx House of Detention on that site. GOTTI JR. had received assurances that he would be able to sell the prison to the City of New York for twenty million dollars.

According to GOTTI JR., DAVID NORKIN, a partner of GOTTI, JR.’S in this venture purchased the property. GOTTI JR. advised that bribes were paid to at least two city politicians in order to secure certain city permits required for the development of the project. JOE ZINGARO, a captain in the Gambino Family, had a close association with Bronx politician, EFRAIM ‘EFFIE’ GONZALEZ. GOTTI JR. gave $20,000.00 in cash to ZINGARO for ZINGARO to give to GONZALEZ. According to ZINGARO, GONZALEZ accepted the $20,000.00 GOTTI JR., using the alias JOHN RUSSO, met GONZALEZ at a function they both attended at Alex and Henry’s Catering Hall in the Bronx.

According to GOTTI , JR., additional bribe money was paid to FERNANDO FERRER through NORKIN. NORKIN suggested making the payments to FERRER. According to GOTTI, JR. on at least two different occasions, he (GOTTI, JR.) gave $25,000.00 in cash to NORKIN for NORKIN to give to FERRER. GOTTI, JR.’S close associate MICHAEL McLAUGHLIN, delivered the money. GOTTI, JR. again using the alias JOHN RUSSO, also met directly with FERRER at NORKIN’S office. According to GOTTI, JR. the bribes paid to FERRER did secure whatever permit (s) GOTTI, JR. and his associates needed to obtain for their project.

In addition to the payments described above, GOTTI, JR. paid an additional $100,000.00 to $125,000.00 in cash to various city politicians through NORKIN and the las firm DAVIDOFF MILITO in order to ‘grease the skids” in the development of the housing project and detention center.

After NORKIN purchase Oak Pint, GOTTI, JR. and his associates continued to operate the garbage dump from approximately January 1989 through late August 1989. GOTTI, JR.S “guys,” including McLAUGHLIN, worked at the dump. GOTTI, JR. stated that investigators with the Department of Investigation (DOI) or another New York City investigative agency photographed GOTTI, JR. at the garbage dump on several occasions. Once this photographic evidence of GOTTI, JR.’S connection to the property surfaced, his (GOTTI, JR.’S) investors and business associates no longer wanted to be involved and the project was never completed.

In approximately the spring of 1990, GOTTI, JR. and other Gambino Family members pursued another project involving a garbage dump. This dump was located in Matamoras, Pennsylvania. GOTTI, JR. attended a ‘sit -down” with other members of the Gambino Family, as well as high-ranking members of the Luchese Family concerning this project. On behalf of the Gambino Family (which GOTTI, JR. continually referred to as “our family”) GOTTI, JR., his (GOTTI, JR.’S) uncle , PETE GOTTI, and SALVATORE “SAMMY THE BULL” GRAVANO met with representatives of the Luchese Family, AL D’ARCO, ANTHONY “GAS PIPE” CASSO and PATTY MASSELLI. According to GOTTI, JR., the deal to purchase and operate this garbage dump fell through.

Queen’s District Attorney’s Office

GOTTI, JR. also stated that Gambino Family member ANTHONY “TONY LEE” GUERRIERI and his relationship with local politician, SAL REALE, the Gambino Family had “influence” with the Queens District Attorney’s (DA) Office while JOHN SANTUCCI was the District Attorney. GOTTI, JR. identified MIKE CURRO as the Gambino Family’s “go to guy.” GOTTI, JR. also advised that after GUERRIERI died, the Gambino Family lost most of their influence with the Queens DA’s Office.
Posted By: dominic_calabrese

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/30/15 12:34 AM

recent radio interview with Gotti Jr

http://chirb.it/DzJ77E
Posted By: Belmont

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/30/15 09:19 AM

To be quite honest, i think both Alite and Gotti Jr are telling the truth for the most part. I think Alite is exaggerating some of his stories where he was involved with fights though.
He mentions he was given a beating and was in the hospital for a month but doesnt say by whom or why?
Obviously Gotti isnt as forth coming either. For the most part, 75% of what they say is true( i believe).
To be fair, Alite was locked up in a Brazilian prison a d i am sure that had something to do with his decision. I cant say i blame him.
I do believe both are done with the life.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/30/15 11:01 AM

Thanks for the transcript Dominic, great read

& I agree Belmont, them South American jails are hell holes.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/30/15 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: cheech

do his friends know he is a snitch? seems to be proof positive on this thread that JR ate birdseed, and sang.

do his friends trust him?

Do you think the people he told on just found out from Alite? All I said is he isn't without friends from what I hear. Believe or don't believe. Don't care.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/30/15 07:03 PM

And unless you have faced spending the rest of your life in a box when you have a young family you may wanna take a second before judging.
And I am not a rat apologist or do I give two shits about Gotti Jr or anyone of these psychopaths. I'm just saying, don't be so quick to judge. And that's not just in this equation but in life. No one knows what it's like to walk in another mans shoes.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/30/15 09:27 PM

Even at max volume you can barely hear shit, still thanks a lot for the link, Extortion I would probably never have found it.

Alite is pretty much your cliche stereotypical rat who doesn't mind admitting it, while Jr was "queen for a day" - basically, ratting without consequences and always maintained that he quit the life and never ratted on nobody... he's in a lot of denial until this book where he admits on telling about Marino.

Okay so basically you ratted on (without consequences) a guy in your CN family because he betrayed your father / was more loyal to another CN family? And that makes it okay? No way.

And I agree, Alite sounds pretty genuine when he talks about the life, it's not hard to tell.
I'm a little disappointed though, you can't tell a thing about his heritage if you didn't know. I guess at the end of the day he's just American. tongue
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/30/15 09:54 PM

Carnesi isn't disputing the validity of the 302, he's asking who leaked it. Tells you all you need to know. It's real. Junior snitched.

I posted this yesterday here and elsewhere, but I'm bored. John Alite was 24 years old in 1986, un-made and Albanian. He wasn't even on record with anyone (Junior didn't get his button until two or three years later). The idea that John Senior would give him a direct order to go see Joe Gallo out in Astoria is too laughable to even argue about.

There are plenty of scenarios for what happened at the proffer session. My guess is that Junior volunteered the information in hopes of becoming a C.I. and getting the pending charges dropped. But the Feds didn't want him as a C.I. They wanted him on the stand to belittle his father, even in death. Junior couldn't go that route, the deal fell through, and the Feds let the 302 leak out of spite. It wouldn't be the first time.

And what Cheech said before: This is old news to Marino. He was given that 302 years ago and gave Junior a pass. They shelved him instead of killing him. And this was BEFORE the 302 was public knowledge. No way in Hell they hit him now. No way in Hell.

Whether you like him or not, give Junior credit for one thing: He took getting shelved and spun it into his "retirement" defense at his four trials. That was a smart move on his part.

Bottom line: Junior snitched, but but so did Alite. They both deserve whatever fate has in store for them. You play you pay.
Posted By: ThreeTomatos

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/30/15 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Carnesi isn't disputing the validity of the 302, he's asking who leaked it. Tells you all you need to know. It's real. Junior snitched.

I posted this yesterday here and elsewhere, but I'm bored. John Alite was 24 years old in 1986, un-made and Albanian. He wasn't even on record with anyone (Junior didn't get his button until two or three years later). The idea that John Senior would give him a direct order to go see Joe Gallo out in Astoria is too laughable to even argue about.

There are plenty of scenarios for what happened at the proffer session. My guess is that Junior volunteered the information in hopes of becoming a C.I. and getting the pending charges dropped. But the Feds didn't want him as a C.I. They wanted him on the stand to belittle his father, even in death. Junior couldn't go that route, the deal fell through, and the Feds let the 302 leak out of spite. It wouldn't be the first time.

And what Cheech said before: This is old news to Marino. He was given that 302 years ago and gave Junior a pass. They shelved him instead of killing him. And this was BEFORE the 302 was public knowledge. No way in Hell they hit him now. No way in Hell.

Whether you like him or not, give Junior credit for one thing: He took getting shelved and spun it into his "retirement" defense at his four trials. That was a smart move on his part.

Bottom line: Junior snitched, but but so did Alite. They both deserve whatever fate has in store for them. You play you pay.

You sure know alot about proffer sessions pb smile
Posted By: tiger84

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/30/15 11:49 PM

OK first of all is the 302 online anywhere because the smoking gun usually has this type of shit on its webpage.Second i guarentee you guys in the gambinos knew about this all along the reason now looks clear he was shelved he didnt quit the mob.Look at greg Scarpa joel cacace was telling everyone for decades that GS was a snitch and a few other guys in the colombos had suspisions about him so sometimes when someone snitches its not a secret.The reason im thinking JR wasnt clipped was because i think one of his uncles probably stepped and told everyone that JR wouldnt be a problem anymore and might have to pay a fine and 2 he was just too high profile beacuse of his name.The problem now is he is writing books going on TV instead of just fading away and being of peoples minds.Say what you want about Alite but he defiantly gets the last laugh Alite is admitting hes and he completly humiliated JR. now has to have this over his head forever.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: tiger84
i guarentee you guys in the gambinos knew about this all along the reason now looks clear he was shelved he didnt quit the mob.

That's what I said. They gave him a pass. He got shelved instead of clipped, then spun "quitting the mob" into his defense. Gotta give him credit for that (although it was probably Carnesi's idea).

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 07:10 AM

That 302 is heart breaking, He shit on his family name, his Dad died in jail for this thing, his uncles are doing a million years, and he just shits all over there name, fucking horrible.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 07:14 AM

i guarentee you guys in the gambinos knew about this all along the reason now looks clear he was shelved he didnt quit the mob.

That's what I said. They gave him a pass. He got shelved instead of clipped, then spun "quitting the mob" into his defense. Gotta give him credit for that (although it was probably Carnesi's idea).
He admits to the proffer session in his book, and says he snitched on two enemies for revenge, I think he backed out because he didnt want his sons to have to change there name, but he shit all over that name himself.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 12:56 PM

He admits to the proffer session in his book, and says he snitched on two enemies for revenge, I think he backed out because he didnt want his sons to have to change there name, but he shit all over that name himself.

That's the rat's National Anthem:

Verse One: I did it for revenge.

Verse Two: I did it for my family.

Same shit every snitch tells himself to get to sleep at night. I'm not judging him. It is what it is. And unless you've been in that position yourself, you really shouldn't pass judgement on the guy. But a rat is a rat is a rat.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 01:10 PM

Same shit every snitch tells himself to get to sleep at night. I'm not judging him. It is what it is. And unless you've been in that position yourself, you really shouldn't pass judgement on the guy. But a rat is a rat is a rat.

You are 100% right.Same story over and over.You missed one: "They were goin' to kill me".
But as you said,until you are in that position you really don't know.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 01:44 PM

This.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 01:54 PM

my take on both Jr and Alite.
Jr was able to basically do whatever he wanted with impunity because of his Dad. basically a bully with a license to bully. Alite was with Jr which in turn gave him free reign as well. they hurt some innocent people. they beat a teenager almost half to death basically for fun. its fucked up and barbaric. Alite would have been a good Taliban.
he tells a story about challenging Vito Guzzo to a fist fight and then Guzzo ran away. i have a hard time believing that.
he also says he was thrown into a dry cell in a brazilian prison and was supposed to get a beating from the guards. he says he actually beat up the guard/ trustee and then just casually went back to his cell??? and the other guards did nothing ???
i think Alite is unstable and has a mental issue. i also think he is sadistic.
am i wrong here?
Posted By: dave213

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
Jr was able to basically do whatever he wanted with impunity because of his Dad. basically a bully with a license to bully. Alite was with Jr which in turn gave him free reign as well. they hurt some innocent people. they beat a teenager almost half to death basically for fun. its fucked up and barbaric. Alite would have been a good Taliban.
he tells a story about challenging Vito Guzzo to a fist fight and then Guzzo ran away. i have a hard time believing that.
he also says he was thrown into a dry cell in a brazilian prison and was supposed to get a beating from the guards. he says he actually beat up the guard/ trustee and then just casually went back to his cell??? and the other guards did nothing ???
am i wrong here?

It was another prisoner, not a guard. That story did sound over-the-top, but those Brazilian prisons are crazy.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 02:12 PM

JR is not cut out for this life, I know people locked up with Gene, they told me that is a serious man, and he rolls threw the prison with a "crew", doing whatever the fuck he pleases.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 02:38 PM

am i wrong here?

All true. Junior being a snitch doesn't suddenly turn Alite into a choirboy. He's a violent lowlife, and a rat himself.

Bottom line is, if they didn't get caught they'd BOTH still be out there breaking laws seven days a week. Because rats only get religion AFTER they get caught, never before.

You don't want either one of these guys living next door to you.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 03:12 PM

The fight in a brazilian prison: it was actually a trustee, a trusted prisoner. The guards pulled Alite out of his cell ALONG with the trustee. So Alite beats up the trustee with a knife and the guards do nothing about it? Hard to fathom due to the fact that it was the guards that ordered the trustee to do the beating. The trustee gets stabbed and the guards tell Alite to have a nice day and ask for his autograph....doubt it.

So Gotti sends a 24 year old albanian kid to to give joe gallo a message that he is shelved???? That is so far fetched, its almost funny. You wonder if Alite told Anastasia that while he was smoking angel dust. He went to see joe gallo on a purple elephant and delivered the message in song..
I think a lot of the other shit is true although the tough guy shit is exaggerated( to me). Alite was no pussy, no doubt. I do think he picked some of his marks. He tortured a contractor. I would imagine the contractor was an easy target. Plus, thats fuckin sadistic. Alite obviously enjoyed what he did and almost looked for an excuse to perpetrate those sorts of things.

Alite also claims he threatened Tommy Patera. anyone have trouble with that? if not, i have swamp land that i'd like to sell you.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 03:30 PM

just got the book in the mail and its 0 outside then on Monday nother foot of snow. tomarrow superbowl break. but I will bang this book out and give my decision on whose a worse rat him or jr. case closed. Belmont giving away all the shit I would laugh and trash this guy so I cant read this thread nomo.
Posted By: sickstylemob12

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 05:39 PM

http://youtu.be/upBgZQhFN9U

This guy is a moron "the dapper Dan " and about 20 other things . Right from the start he thought Alite took Gotti Sr down lol

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 05:49 PM

90 pages in someone start a thread on the book all so we can trash it. First nice 1 sentence line in a chapter ya elder gotti sent me to Joe hallo to tell him he's demoted. Yaeh OK. Shit I would have made a chapter on that alone. One sentence on telling Carlo's Paul's and John s consig your done. No I'm at a point he beaten a made guy catalanos kid over gambling and gene gotti tells him to tell the kid to tell his dad let's talk. Was gene and them who got busted in 82 still actively selling her I on well they were on bail to 89 I don't think so. Thought it died with Angelo's brother in the plane crash. His dates of shit are all over the place. Wish I put the 20$ in my gas tank ftw.

Re: John Alite Interview - 01/31/15 10:43 PM

So he buys a huge 3 house estate in 1987 has his family laving in this house or that but by 91 his parents are in queens. George a. I'm disappointed. Can you show me a picture of any of this.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 02:26 AM

Joe Gallo would have wacked that mutt on the spot.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 02:32 PM

about half way done all my posters on bb don't buy this book is fucking sucks asshole. I cant belive George my second favorite crime guy wrote this shit. I don't got a horse in this race, this book sucks if I want to read about drug dealers theres better stuff. so after my patriots curb stomp seattle ill finish. just banged out a small pizza called my girl a slut and off to the races. life goona be hell later. but his book stinks.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
about half way done all my posters on bb don't buy this book is fucking sucks asshole. I cant belive George my second favorite crime guy wrote this shit. I don't got a horse in this race, this book sucks if I want to read about drug dealers theres better stuff. so after my patriots curb stomp seattle ill finish. just banged out a small pizza called my girl a slut and off to the races. life goona be hell later. but his book stinks.

Well, as long as you had a pizza the day's not a total loss.
Posted By: Crash

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 02:57 PM

I remember reading that Alite was really angry that gotti sr whacked Castellano without permission. He said he could never look at him the same although he said he eventually accepted it. Alite liked castellano and thought he was a good businessman.
He also said he met up with Tony " ducks" Corallo and " ducks" warned him that the bergen crew could be dangerous and if Alite ever needed help, just give Carallo a ring.
I read this somewhere recently. I will find it.
Alite also said he was going to be a pro boxer but eventually dropped the idea because he said there was no one in his weight class that would really be a challenge and worth his while. He was pissed but moved on.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Crash
I remember reading that Alite was really angry that gotti sr whacked Castellano without permission. He said he could never look at him the same although he said he eventually accepted it. Alite like castellano. He also said he met up with Tony " ducks" Corallo and " ducks" warned him that the bergen crew could be dangerous and if Alite needed help, just give Carallo a ring

Please. You can't possibly believe that nonsense. Alite was a kid in his early 20's when Castellano got whacked. Plus, Ducks went up for life with the Commission case a year later.

Yeah, an Albanian associate in his early twenties met with Bosses. He never met those guys in his life rolleyes.

I'm willing to listen to what he has to say about Junior and the Gottis. But that's about it.
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 03:12 PM

I'm still trying to figure out WHY Anastasia decided to write a book on him. Gonna tune in to that crime radio show to find out.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 03:21 PM

Probably bullshit but maybe he met with Tony Ducks by some sort of coincidence or whatever and Tony thought he was an up and comer with Italian ancestry, maybe he did Tony a favor, who really knows. But a lot of his stories do smell like crap, and I'm already on the fence about ordering his book.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Malandrino
Probably bullshit but maybe he met with Tony Ducks by some sort of coincidence or whatever and Tony thought he was an up and comer with Italian ancestry, maybe he did Tony a favor, who really knows. But a lot of his stories do smell like crap, and I'm already on the fence about ordering his book.

There's no possible way. None at all.

I'm sorry if that sounds arrogant on my part, and it has NOTHING to do with Alite's ancestry. But Ducks was bombarded with legal problems from as far back as '82 or '83. There's just no possible way that he met with a twenty year old peon like Alite during such a volatile time period. He was a VERY cautious man. Those Jaguar tapes were a fluke. They put him in for life, but a fluke nonetheless.

Besides, the nonsense about being the messenger to put Gallo on the shelf makes everything he said later irrelevant. Like I said, I'm willing to listen to what he said about the Gottis. But that's about it.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 03:41 PM

He was going to be a pro boxer but there was no one to fight !!! What ???
He didnt even box competitively. No golden gloves, no diamond gloves, nothing..
If he said that, he was drunk. I dont know if he would ever say that. Its completely outrageous.
Anyone can go to a boxing gym and spar every now and then which he may have done. Competing is a whole other thing.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
I'm still trying to figure out WHY Anastasia decided to write a book on him. Gonna tune in to that crime radio show to find out.

What crime radio show?Where can I tune into that?
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: alexandarns
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl

What crime radio show?Where can I tune into that?

I made a thread on here about it. Crime Beat Radio. Chk it out.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 09:33 PM

Yeah I realize it's bullshit, my whole point was that maybe he's lying by omission like with the Gallo thing, maybe Gotti sent him and somebody else (a made guy) to tell Gallo he's out and Alite just didn't mention him.
But yes the more I think about it the more ridiculous the Tony Ducks story sounds, not to mention Alite isn't that old.

If most of the book is bullshit then I'm just surprised Anastasia has sunk to a Philip Carlo-level of journalism.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/01/15 09:58 PM

If most of the book is bullshit then I'm just surprised Anastasia has sunk to a Philip Carlo-level of journalism.

Yeah, that's the real surprise here. I mean, you know that these rats (and even the cops who write books) aren't going to give you the whole story. But you just expect better from a guy like Anastasia.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/02/15 06:20 PM

Edit: I read something the wrong way

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/02/15 09:48 PM

Finish book 1 to 10 a 2. Like tell me about what the gottis did was there a pool. He just says the same old shit. Was Mrs gotti a good cook or did they order out everynite. This book is so much bs. He never killed for the gambino family he killed drug dealers from there hood over money. John sr never gave him a hit. Dibono was killed by Charles and bobby b and that kid Kevin that bike frank gotti drove to his death. A least wrote a book it would be better. Jr shot him he was the driver in the dibono hit. I seen some pics of Kevin with gotti sr. This guy was a drug dealer no more. He says something about cell phone towers but doesn't elaborate. Barley mentions what he had been doing in Tampa with Ronnie one arm. Never buying a crime book again unless the guy is made and for at least 20 years. Oh he claims he beat up gene gotti in the mid 90tys in prison. He would have been dead the second he got home. Ronnie one arm and them would have killed him quick john sr would have put money on his head. Bad book. Vito guzzo and crew would have killed him. He was o e of Jr gofferd that's it.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/02/15 11:41 PM

I agree pmac.. Did Gotti's wife cook? Did gotti sr watch tv? What did he watch?
What did the interior of the house look like?
Who were some of the regulars at the house? What did Gotti sr eat for breakfast?
Did Sr and his wife talk a lot?

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/03/15 07:07 PM

Hey Pizzaboy im actually reading the Alite book now.There is noway that Corallo would ever talk to a young nobody like alite your right about that.But whats your opinion on maybe John Gotti hating and disdain for Joe Gallo that to try and humiliate him more and disrespect him he sent a young Albanian to demote him?Maybe in JG eyes Joe Gallo was such scum that for him or sammy gravano was too good to even talk to him so thats why he sent a nobody.

I got to admit im very early in Alite actually does sound legit He is actually admitting to getting his ass kicked in brawls I would of thought that he was one of those guys that talked about being a monster fighter and beating up 10 guys at once.SO i guess so far so good

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/03/15 07:47 PM

Hey Pizzaboy im actually reading the Alite book now.There is noway that Corallo would ever talk to a young nobody like alite your right about that.But whats your opinion on maybe John Gotti hating and disdain for Joe Gallo that to try and humiliate him more and disrespect him he sent a young Albanian to demote him?Maybe in JG eyes Joe Gallo was such scum that for him or sammy gravano was too good to even talk to him so thats why he sent a nobody.

I don't believe the Gallo story, either. The guy was universally respected. But to each his own.

Now having said that---and I haven't read either book yet---but Alite seems a lot more credible than Junior right now. Because that 302 is real, and Junior's credibility goes right out the window with the reality of it.

The truth is, he's been lying about quitting the mob for over ten years now. It's now clear that he didn't quit, he got chased. But like I said earlier in the thread, getting chased and spinning it into an "I quit the mob" defense was brilliant (although that was more than likely Carnesi's idea).

The rumors about Marino chasing Junior have been out there for years. Now we know it's true. We also know why.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/03/15 08:07 PM

In that other story about Alite, from what i remember, he said Barney Bellomo wasnt a visionary and Crea needed to smarten up or something like that. He could of been made with the luchese in the bronx but didnt like their direction at the time.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/03/15 08:11 PM

In that other story about Alite, from what i remember, he said Barney Bellomo wasnt a visionary and Crea needed to smarten up or something like that. He could of been made with the luchese in the bronx but didnt like their direction at the time.

How could he he be made with the Luccheses when he's 100% Albanian? Please, clue me in on that rolleyes.

A rat associate talking shit about Barney and Stevie. That's fucking hysterical.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/03/15 08:28 PM

I was thinking the same thing maybe he sent Alite on purpose but then again Joe Gallo was pretty high up, and a very well-liked guy, since the days of Anastasia.

This is what I'm curious about. Those who have read the book, does Alite ever talk about getting made? I'm not sure they'd ever make him. Not that it's impossible, I've heard instances of Albanians becoming made with 'ndrangheta 'ndrinas and possibly Camorra (though I'm not sure), but with the American Cosa Nostra I don't think they'd make somebody without any Italian ancestry, even if he looked the part, knew them for a long time, and came from a very similar culture.

In this shape the Bonannos and Colombos are right now I wouldn't be surprised if they'd make an Albanian who was a particularly good earner and useful. Probably would have to Italianize his last name though. tongue

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/03/15 08:41 PM

I was thinking the same thing maybe he sent Alite on purpose but then again Joe Gallo was pretty high up, and a very well-liked guy, since the days of Anastasia.

This is what I'm curious about. Those who have read the book, does Alite ever talk about getting made? I'm not sure they'd ever make him. Not that it's impossible, I've heard instances of Albanians becoming made with 'ndrangheta 'ndrinas and possibly Camorra (though I'm not sure), but with the American Cosa Nostra I don't think they'd make somebody without any Italian ancestry, even if he looked the part, knew them for a long time, and came from a very similar culture.

In this shape the Bonannos and Colombos are right now I wouldn't be surprised if they'd make an Albanian who was a particularly good earner and useful. Probably would have to Italianize his last name though. tongue

The way things are today? You never know. Look at Merola and Campos.

But back then, when Alite was coming up? The '80s and early '90s? No way in Hell. The Albanians and the Italians were still getting to know each other in the city back then. It would take quite some time to develop that kind of trust.

If Alite claims they were going to make him back then he's full of shit. But to be fair, I've never heard that claim from him, so I don't want to jump on the guy.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/03/15 10:12 PM

PB, i just sent you a new pm...

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/03/15 11:07 PM

This buck sucked. Bb posters im telling you this book sucks I can't believe George put his name to it. You no a slept on George book mob father. That guy tommy Del's ex wife and kids just blast him. His wife says how he get made he's half polish which I don't no how scarfo let slide. Really puts you there. Anyhow. Alite says happy hooker caller warren sapp who got canned by NFL network today was a great valet tipper. I heard so many accounts on sports talk radio and sports blogs sapps a scum bag. Alite keeps us guessing.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/03/15 11:30 PM

Another thing not explained in the book why is Ronnie one arm indicted in Tampa he's running the show. What's murders did him and alite get indicted in Tampa for? Fuck its your book print your indictment. You get nothing. There's not.even a picture of alite in Tampa. Okay I guess he shook down hi's old college roommate who taught him the ins and o
uts of the valet shit good friend alite is. Which the mafia was doing around Boston and I'm sure elsewhere earlier he wasn't the pioneer. Massino got life from valet I think. It started the domino effect.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/03/15 11:36 PM

Save your money posters. Georges last gangster or any of his shit is better. Just read his free big trial.net its far more interesting in alites book. I thought alite was in on the Charles carniglia and others plot to kill Jr nop. That guy Kevin McMahon had more or less a lot more in the plot. Yaeh maybe once Vicky gotti had carmines sons john Jr knew that any type of friendship with alit was dead. Maybe alite didn't think so. And he never thought off that in his book. Nieces and nephews threw alite out of johns circle that's probably it

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/04/15 08:10 PM

He says he told everyone to call him " Johnny A" . Then he would beat up anyone who used his name. If they wanted to refer to Alite they were supposed to point to their bicep. Thats kind of a rip off on chin gigante , pointing to their chin. Whatever, i think alite is a mad man to be honest.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/04/15 08:59 PM

Damn, PB I didn't know about these guys. They both capos in the Gambino family and not with Italian heritage? How the hell did they get made, let alone become capos... were they such huge earners?
Also I wanted to ask you by message but I'm gonna ask here (I know all those questions you're probably a little annoyed) are there any other non Italians made that you know of? Any of them with the Westside guys?

He says he told everyone to call him " Johnny A" . Then he would beat up anyone who used his name. If they wanted to refer to Alite they were supposed to point to their bicep. Thats kind of a rip off on chin gigante , pointing to their chin. Whatever, i think alite is a mad man to be honest.

And so did Joe Massino by asking people to point to their ear. This is nothing new, I bet it was done by the Italians before Chin anyway.
Posted By: calcestruzzo

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 05:54 AM

According to Alite, Shortly after Gotti Sr became boss, he sent Alite to tell Joe Gallo, that he was to retire and step down.

21 Capos in the family, over 200 soldiers, and gotti had about half a dozen non made guys in his inner circle, yet he chose to send alite? cmon!

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 08:50 AM

Damn, PB I didn't know about these guys. They both capos in the Gambino family and not with Italian heritage? How the hell did they get made, let alone become capos... were they such huge earners?
Also I wanted to ask you by message but I'm gonna ask here (I know all those questions you're probably a little annoyed) are there any other non Italians made that you know of? Any of them with the Westside guys?

And so did Joe Massino by asking people to point to their ear. This is nothing new, I bet it was done by the Italians before Chin anyway.

They were both acting captains. Both massive earners, Campos got made after making all that money with Tore & Richie Martino in the porn scam. Martino got him his button. Merola's name used to be Knapik but changed it to Merola lol He's meant to be a very serious guy though, close to Taccetta.

By the way they are half-italian you know. Think you only need to be half Italian to get made.

As for the Westside, I bet they and all the other families have half-Italians. Someone said Conrad Ianniello, who is a captain in the Genovese family, is half German. Not sure how true that is.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 11:11 AM

I noticed a lot of genovese guys have some strange sounding names.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 05:24 PM

It seems like as long as you have an Italian surname you can get made, which begs the question why guys Henry Hill didn't just adopt their mother's surnames.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 05:41 PM

Is Alite Albanian as in Albania/Kosovo/Montenegro Albanian or is he Arbereshe?
Because when it comes to Arbereshe it wouldn't surprise me if there have been people made before in the Mafia who were part or even completely Arbereshe. They have Italian surnames, are culturally almost completely Italian and most of them wouldn't probably described themselves as "Albanian".
Posted By: Serpiente

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
It seems like as long as you have an Italian surname you can get made, which begs the question why guys Henry Hill didn't just adopt their mother's surnames.

Back in the day you could not use the surname cos everybody in the neighborhood knew you and your bro and sisters(all the way back to grands),if they did not know you, you better have come from Italy.
Not like when it was getting watered down with that great wiseguy name "Donnie Brasco" say that name a few times tell me that don't sound fake....
Posted By: Primo

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 06:36 PM

That one Genovese captain is named Ludwig bruschi

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke
Because when it comes to Arbereshe it wouldn't surprise me if there have been people made before in the Mafia who were part or even completely Arbereshe. They have Italian surnames, are culturally almost completely Italian and most of them wouldn't probably described themselves as "Albanian".

The Wiki says he's Kosovo Albanian, and I'm probably guessing his last name has been Americanized, as originally it was probably Aliti or Haliti.
I've heard about cases of Albanians getting inducted into some of the 'ndrinas. I won't even mention the Sacra Corona Unita which is full of Albanians, so much as the boss comes over to Albania regularly. I know this for a fact.
If we're talking about Arbereshe then they're pretty much Italians, just with an old Albanian descent. There have been plenty, I think Johnny Dio was one. Then again pretty much everybody born in Piana degli Greci (Albanesi) in Sicily is most likely Arbereshe, along with other pockets throughout Italy.
That's why I was curious about Alite, I wanted to know if there's any Albanian becoming made in America, cause there have been cases in Italy.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

There was no shortage of "full blooded" Italian Americans when Hill was coming up. There was no need to make members who were only half-Italian (although it still happened in rare instances). Things are much different today. Hardly any Italian immigration, coupled with assimilation, and they really don't have much choice but to look the other way. I mean, they claim that they've gone back to the "hundred percent" rule, but it's very hard to believe that they'll be able to fully enforce it.

Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

He's not Arbereshe. His parents were both from Kosovo.

I wanted to know if there's any Albanian becoming made in America, cause there have been cases in Italy.

Not that I'm aware of. You have to remember that there was a lot of tension when the Albanians first came here. Things are different now. The Italians have come to realize that the Albanians are very similar in nature to us. Plus, the Albanians have moved into the old Italian strongholds as the Italians have moved up the social ladder. And truth be told, a lot of the Albanians are starting to assimilate and move to the suburbs themselves. So I'd never say never, but to my knowledge it hasn't happened yet.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 07:04 PM

Yeah I had a feeling his name has probably been Americanized. He's the only one with the surname "Alite" that I have ever heard of. Of course I don't know all of the world's whitepages phonebooks by heart but the surname sounds unusual, both for an Italian and an Albanian. Then again, I have an unusual surname as well lol

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 07:54 PM

With the Gambino administration being Sicilian they're not comfortable with a few of the Non-100% Italians apparently. Not going to mention who said this unless he steps in and quotes me wink

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
With the Gambino administration being Sicilian they're not comfortable with a few of the Non-100% Italians apparently.

I have to believe that that's indeed the case. It's ironic because the Gambinos have two very public examples in Campos and Knapik (Merola). But with the Sicilians clearly steering that ship these days, I'd be shocked if they weren't the one family to really tighten things up in that department. But as I also alluded to earlier, it's easier said than done (due to assimilation, "mixed" marriages, etc.).

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 09:21 PM

With the Gambino administration being Sicilian they're not comfortable with a few of the Non-100% Italians apparently.

I have to believe that that's indeed the case. It's ironic because the Gambinos have two very public examples in Campos and Knapik (Merola). But with the Sicilians clearly steering that ship these days, I'd be shocked if they weren't the one family to really tighten things up in that department. But as I also alluded to earlier, it's easier said than done (due to assimilation, "mixed" marriages, etc.).

We spoke about this not too long ago, I doubt they will put them on the shelve but like you said any leadership role seems out of the question.

Campos & Merola seem to be real solid guys and not to worry about though, maybe it's a Sicilian thing.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 09:25 PM

We spoke about this not too long ago, I doubt they will put them on the shelve but like you said any leadership role seems out of the question.

I agree. They're not going to take that money and flush it down the toilet because their Sicilian honor has been offended. But they'll never get administration spots under these guys.

They're probably better off anyway. Especially Campos. That kid is richer than shit these days. Who needs the aggravation? If I was him I'd take my money ask to get shelved lol.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/05/15 09:30 PM

I agree. They're not going to take that money and flush it down the toilet because their Sicilian honor has been offended. But they'll never get administration spots under these guys.

They're probably better off anyway. Especially Campos. That kid is richer than shit these days. Who needs the aggravation? If I was him I'd take my money ask to get shelved lol.

lol

Maybe he'll retire in Puerto Rico with his dad wink Amazing how he got to keep pretty much all his money from the porn scams, he must have hid it well.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/06/15 03:56 PM

Isnt campos greek?

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/06/15 03:58 PM

Isnt campos greek?

Half Puerto Rican, half Italian.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/06/15 04:03 PM

Isnt campos greek?

He may have some Greek blood, but Greeks are Mediterranean. So half-Greek/half-Italian sounds a lot better than half-Rican/half-Italian.

And I got news for you. His Mom, who's a dynamite lady, probably isn't a hundred percent Italian herself.

But my best guess is that he's 1/4 Italian, at best. But he's a great kid, a monster earner, and a stand up guy.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/06/15 04:38 PM

Isnt campos greek?

He may have some Greek blood, but Greeks are Mediterranean. So half-Greek/half-Italian sounds a lot better than half-Rican/half-Italian.

And I got news for you. His Mom, who's a dynamite lady, probably isn't a hundred percent Italian herself.

But best guess is that he's 1/4 Italian, at best. But he's a great kid, a monster earner, and a stand up guy.

so you know the family personally?
Posted By: bronx

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/06/15 04:52 PM

Pizza is a bronx guy, you get to know a lot about your who's around you, more so in the same age group..

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/06/15 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: bronx
Pizza is a bronx guy, you get to know a lot about your who's around you, more so in the same age group..

Thanks, Bronx (although I have about ten years on Campos, but close enough).

Enough said, Extortion wink.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/07/15 04:13 AM

Especially Campos. That kid is richer than shit these days. Who needs the aggravation? If I was him I'd take my money ask to get shelved lol.

In general what's the deal with kicking up from your legit business?

Ie if Campos for example has several legitimate business's now, restaurant, trucking, whatever, does he have to kick up a % from those to his higher up/'s?

Or in the mob are you only expected to kick up from your ILLEGAL rackets?

Cheers.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/07/15 08:27 AM

Good question, Sonny.
Posted By: TonyG

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/08/15 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: dominic_calabrese
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Date of Transcription 01/16/2006

JOHN A. GOTTI, also known as (aka) JUNIOR (GOTTI, JR.) (Protect Identity) was present ........

Prior to HYDELL’S murder, members of the Luchese Family summoned Gambino Family members JIMMY “BROWN”FAILLA and JOE ‘BUTCH’ CORRAO to the location where HYDELL was being held. According to GOTTI, JR., faille AND corraoa wee summoned to that location so that they would be present when HYDELL admitted his and RUGGIERO’S involvement in the attempted murder of CASSO. Prior to the Luchese Family killing HYDELL, FAILLA and CORRAO obtained Gambino Family member DANNY MARINO’S approval to kill HYDELL., because, according to GOTTI, JR., HYDELL was MARINO’S nephew.

Great post! The rumors of Jr being shelved are confirmed, and he is a rat.

Most of this came out during the Mafia Cops case. I think D'Arco and Casso gave a similar version of events on the Hydell murder. I don't know who talked first (Jr, Casso or D'Arco), but my guess is the Feds were looking for confirmation on the details, especially with Casso's constant lies. The Feds wanted those 2 dirty cops bad.
Posted By: janinstom

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/09/15 04:53 AM

He was a spoiled fella.
John “Junior” Gotti was a “self-mutilating” stunad with no street cred, according to his former best friend and mob turncoat John Alite.
“He’s like Kim Jong-un — a spoiled brat that took advantage of guys around us by his dad’s authority,” the former Gambino crime-family enforcer seethed to The Post.
“Ever since we were kids, he’s self-mutilating himself, burning himself with cigars,” Alite said in his first interview before a book by George Anastasia — “Gotti’s Rules: The Story of John Alite, Junior Gotti, and the Demise of the American Mafia” (Dey St. Books) — hits shelves on Jan. 27.
“He would play drinking games with other guys, and part of these drinking games was if you lose, you gotta burn your hands with cigars,” he continued. “These are his ideas.
Modal Trigger
George Anastasia
Photo: Andy Ritchie
“This is what made Junior an inadequate boss: his insecurities,” Alite said of the Mafia scion who was always trying, and failing, to prove his toughness to the true tough guys around him.
“He forgot about me and guys like me standing in front of him if ever someone raised their hands to him,” said Alite, 52.
Modal Trigger
Victoria Gotti
Photo: AP
Junior was 28 when he inherited the helm of the nation’s most powerful crime family in 1992 as his father, the “Teflon Don” John Gotti, went to the slammer. (He remained acting boss until at least 1999, when, Junior claims, he quit the mob.)
In the eyes of Alite and other Gambino “earners,” the new boss was thick as a slice of Sicilian pizza and about as tough as overcooked fettuccine. He was branded with insulting nicknames such as “Urkel” — for wearing chest-high sweatpants like the TV nerd — and “Kong” — because some thought he looked like an ape. Even his own sister, Victoria, had a moniker for Junior — “Blinkie,” because he blinked incessantly when he lied, which was often.
Alite’s biggest beef was his pal’s penchant for “blaming anyone close to him when something goes down.” He recalled how Junior and several members of his crew got into a scrap at a Queens club.
Modal Trigger
John Gotti
Photo: Getty Images
“From behind me, Junior pulls out this derringer, reaches around my body and shoots the kid. A cheap shot,” Alite says in the book.
Turned out the victim, who was hit in the thigh, was the nephew of Genovese capo Ciro Perrone — creating a major headache for John Gotti Sr.
The don demanded to know who the triggerman was, but Junior never confessed. Instead, he let Alite take the fall — and catch a beating for it.
“The father was a tyrant and the son was a p—y . . . that’s what people don’t know about the Gottis,” Alite says in the book.
Junior was also no Einstein. The book notes how, in 1997, Gotti Jr. was caught red-handed by the feds — twice — with documents that hurt the five families.
First was a bookkeeping ledger in an Ozone Park apartment found alongside about $350,000, listing all of Junior’s wedding guests and what they gave — a veritable who’s who of the American mob.
“Junior kept cash in that basement, and what he would do was continually replenish the supply. Money he made from drugs, gambling, extortions, whatever wound up in that basement. That’s why the cash they found amounted to about the same total as the money in the ledger,” Alite says in the book.
Second was a secret list of candidates to become “made men” that year, which the five families would circulate to weed out problematic nominees. The standard practice was to destroy the lists — but Junior decided to save his as a keepsake, enraging the other families.
His reign ended the next year when he was arrested and charged in a racketeering indictment — which clued the families in to the embarrassing details.
Modal Trigger
John Alite
Photo: Spencer Burnett
Alite, a Woodhaven-born Albanian whose father drove a cab, took the stand against his pal in 2009 for the feds’ fourth and final attempt to send the mob scion to prison on racketeering and murder charges. The hung jury would later say they found Alite’s testimony less than credible, but the tough guy — who from 1996 to 2014 spent 14 years in prisons on charges and convictions that included six murders, at least 37 shootings, home invasions and countless beatdowns — is still chirping.
Alite describes how he was running with Junior by 1983, and thanks to drug, bookmaking and loan-shark operations, was living large. Some months he alone would pull in $100,000, he said.
Modal Trigger
Dan Aykroyd and Steve Martin as The Two Wild & Crazy Guys on Saturday Night Live.
Photo: Everett Collection
He was so close to the Gottis that he’d crash on the couch in their two-story house in Howard Beach — where it was rarely a quiet night.
“He overheard shouting matches in which [Junior’s mother] Victoria matched her husband expletive for expletive,” the book says.
Modal Trigger
Victoria and ‘Junior’ Gotti
Photo: WireImage
Alite also learned the secrets of the mob clan. For example, despite his nickname as the “Dapper Don,” Junior’s father was a “terrible dresser,” who, left to his own devices, would look like the Steve Martin character in the “Wild and Crazy Guy” skits on “Saturday Night Live.” When Gotti Sr. became boss, he had an associate named “Fat Bob” serve as his stylist — Gotti had the money for the $2,000 outfits, “he just didn’t have the fashion sense to put it together.”
Junior sometimes did the right thing, Alite said. The night before Alite was going to prison on an assault charge in 1991, Junior threw a party in Alite’s honor. They had a cake in the shape of an inmate, with frosting that read, “It’s up the river for you John.” “He told all the guys to make sure they bring money I was owed every week to my wife,” Alite recalled. “It was a substantial amount.”
But it was Alite’s alleged relationship with Junior’s sister, Victoria — a relationship she denies — that marked the beginning of a rift between Alite and Junior.
“I was fooling around with Vicki Gotti on the sneak, nobody knew, in the late ’80s,” he testified in 2009 at the trial of hit man Charles Carneglia. “I had a problem with Carmine beating up Vicki. That turned into me, Vicki fooling around a lot, seeking each other on the sneak.”
These days, Alite is tight-lipped about the fling. “We were kids at the time — I have a lot of respect for her, but I wasn’t going to lie on the stand.”
Modal Trigger
Junior faced four racketeering trials and walked each time after juries failed to reach a verdict.
In advance of Anastasia’s book, Junior rushed out a self-published memoir last week called “Shadow of My Father,” in which he for the first time acknowledges his leadership role inside the Gambino family — but says his father was the one ordering hits.
Alite, a free man since 2012, now lives in Freehold, NJ, and said he can’t remember the last time he served up a knuckle sandwich. For the past two years, he said, he’s going to therapy and working in real estate, overseeing the rehab of distressed homes. “I’m struggling a bit, but it’s a job.”
For better and worse, his old life as a coldblooded murderer still haunts him. “You miss hanging out with everybody and laughing, but you don’t need to be a mobster to do that.” http://nypost.com/2015/01/18/former-mobster-calls-junior-gotti-a-pretend-tough-guy/[/url]
Posted By: OldVines

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/11/15 05:47 AM

he comes off as practiced sincerity. a concoction, just trying to cash in. some truth mixed in with some crap.

an italian mobster citing a "yam" as a proper role model, yeah right. he personally couldn't give a crap about mlk. it doesn't fit the profile, but it does fit the profile of a poser saying the shit he thinks others want to hear.

he's late getting to the "reformed mobster turned media star" party and he pretty much arrives empty handed. so junior was half a rat, big deal, what a shock.

most of these guys make me laugh when they crow about how some other guy is a rat while they write a tell all book and yap to anyone with a microphone and camera.

he'll get some cash out it but the real lucre will avoid him.

at best he's an also ran with some interesting personal stories to tell.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/11/15 04:12 PM

I stumbled upon all of john gotti sr's grandsons on instagram through some mutual friends.. I decided to take a look.. All of gotti jr's nephews are on a fucking campaign talking shit about alite and posting quotes from jr's new book and saying how stand up and a real man jr is and how alite is a rat fuck.. Everyone in the comment sections on each picture was sucking them off hard. All have hard ons for the gottis/agnellos.. Yet go figure there was not one mention of how jr and his proffer and the 302's... I didn't want to be the one to break their heart and have to tell them their uncle is pretty much the same rat as alite just without taking the stand.. Wonder what they are going to say in defense that jr gave up info.

Re: John Alite Interview - 02/11/15 06:31 PM

Over on another site their is so much jr hate guys saying people in Queens you used to say jr was a cardboard gangster and that he used to force women to do sexual acts on him
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET