Home

The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc

Posted By: scottburn

The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/28/15 06:36 PM

Below is a link to a breakdown of what my sources are telling me the Chicago mob looks like leadership wise in 2015.

What I write in there about Pudgy Matassa might be dated a bit (I'm hearing he's real sick right now)

http://gangsterreport.com/chicago-mob-s ... flying-15/
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/28/15 07:48 PM

Thanks for sharing, Scott.
Posted By: Richards_bar

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 12:27 AM

I'm curious what everyone thinks about Rudy Fratto running Elmwood Park. I thought he was shelved. Thoughts?
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 12:33 AM

Is rudy fratto related to that johnny fratto from the howard stern show? Guy repped eric the midget was hilarious on the show. I remember years back he claimed his dad was a crew boss with the chicago outfit thay I believe controlled Des Moines or some shit..Nyone have any more info?
Posted By: Snakes

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 12:34 AM

I think that was just a Fosco thing.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 12:35 AM

Lew Fratto ran Des Moines for the Outfit. I think he was Rudy's uncle.
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 12:46 AM

Oh okay thanks for the response snakes,much appreciated!

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 02:30 AM

Yes Rudy Fratto & Johnny Fratto of Howard Stern fame are first cousins.

Rudy's dad was Rudy sr. Frank (Frankie One Ear) Fratto and Johnny's dad, Louis (Cockeyed Louie) Fratto were brothers and in charge of Iowa.

These days, Rudy is in charge of looking after CHI mob activity in Iowa

Scott
Posted By: Krsheely

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 02:53 AM

So one thing I've always been curious about because I live in indy and have fam and was born in Des moines. Why does or did the outfit have such a presence in Des moines but nothing really in indy? I do know Des Moines did have a decent Italian community at one point but I wouldn't think it'd b that much of a difference

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 08:37 AM

The Heights crew always had a strong presence in Gary, IN, as well as most of Lake County, IN.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By: scottburn

Their dads were capos in the Outfit, stationed in Iowa.

Rudy's dad was Frank (Frankie One Ear) Fratto and Johnny's dad was Louis (Cockeyed Louie) Fratto.

Scott

Rudy's dad was Rudy, Sr., who was the Outfit's "Garbage King" on Rush Street.

Frank only had one son, Frank, Jr.
Posted By: Slick587

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Krsheely
So one thing I've always been curious about because I live in indy and have fam and was born in Des moines. Why does or did the outfit have such a presence in Des moines but nothing really in indy? I do know Des Moines did have a decent Italian community at one point but I wouldn't think it'd b that much of a difference

I live in Indy as well and have always heard unconfirmed reports of mob activity and/or associates in and around Indy. I don't know how true it is but I'm willing to bet at some point there were low level associates or connected guys here.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 03:31 PM

Rudy's dad was Frank (Frankie One Ear) Fratto and Johnny's dad was Louis (Cockeyed Louie) Fratto.

Scott

Scott,

Does the Outfit still have things going on in Des Moines? I had always been under the impression that things died down there quite some time ago.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Slick587

I live in Indy as well and have always heard unconfirmed reports of mob activity and/or associates in and around Indy. I don't know how true it is but I'm willing to bet at some point there were low level associates or connected guys here.

There was a crew based in Gary that reported to whoever was boss of the Heights at any given time.

Anthony Pinelli ran it until he relocated to California. Tommy Morgano then took over until he was deported in 1963 at which time it was run by Frank Zizzo for the next twenty years until his death in 1983. Bernard Morgano, Tommy's son, ran the crew until he was imprisoned in 1992. No word on who, if anyone, has run the area since.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Snakes

There was a crew based in Gary that reported to whoever was boss of the Heights at any given time.

Anthony Pinelli ran it until he relocated to California. Tommy Morgano then took over until he was deported in 1963 at which time it was run by Frank Zizzo for the next twenty years until his death in 1983. Bernard Morgano, Tommy's son, ran the crew until he was imprisoned in 1992. No word on who, if anyone, has run the area since.

I remember the name Bernard Morgano. I think they called him Snooky. As far as Northwest Indiana, the last I heard was that a fella by the name of Sam Nuzzo was still living in Merrillville. He'd have to be well into his 90s if he's still alive. He and his sons went to prison on a gambling indictment in the early 90s, along with Snooky Morgano.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 04:27 PM

Yep, Snooky Morgano. The Nuzzos worked for him.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 04:56 PM

Scott

Scott,

Does the Outfit still have things going on in Des Moines? I had always been under the impression that things died down there quite some time ago.

There nothing going on in Des Moines today. I would be surprised if it lasted anytime past 1980.
Posted By: mickey2

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 06:07 PM

great article scott, thanks.
Posted By: pmac

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 06:49 PM

were is des moine isn't that were neopoleon d was made.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 06:57 PM

Chicago are very much like Detroit, hard to figure out the pecking order. We here so many conflicting stories of who's running things.

One question I have, why do the bosses still kick upto DiFronzo, even though he's completely withdrawn, surely he doesn't have that much backing within the family?

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 07:28 PM

Just how active is Joe Andriacchi? From what I hear, he's considered the elder statesman or advisor, but to what extent is he involved in the day to day activities?

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 08:00 PM

thanks checking me on the Frattos.

I changed it above. Rudy's dad was Rudy, whose two brothers were Frank & Lou
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 08:14 PM

Difronso received the old al capone retirement package, when your the boss your the boss until the day you die, but when you volunteering retire means you retired under good graces, but a boss is never fully retired only semi retired and still deserve his tribute, they usually play the unofficial role of mediator

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/29/15 09:20 PM

I think that's why Scott said that Solly D is acting for DiFronzo.
Posted By: ChiTown

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/30/15 11:00 AM

Anthony Pinelli ran rackets in Indy through the 1960s. The Outfit has had a few operations down there. Harry Aleman's crew also pulled robberies in and around Indy.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/30/15 11:03 AM

Just how active is Joe Andriacchi? From what I hear, he's considered the elder statesman or advisor, but to what extent is he involved in the day to day activities?

There were rumors he was sick, but I'm not so sure. He's a widower and frankly I believe he is still active.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/30/15 11:17 AM

Scott good article - two things I disagree with:

1.) Marco's stature - he meets with Solly D on a regular basis and the two of them are very close - also his beef with Matassa that Bob Cooley alleged in the late 80s is not something I think still exists - their wives are very close so I assume Pudge and Marco are close. Marco is probably the one Elmwood Park guy who has very deep connections and partnerships with Cicero - including a major chunk of Steve Panzarella's business. I also believe Marco was the guy that Mike Sarno was kicking up to before he went away.

2.) Inendino is definitely above Cataudella in Cicero. I think Cataudella runs Sarno's old crew, but wouldn't be considered a "direct underboss." Cataudella was Sarno's guy.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/30/15 03:08 PM

Thanks, ChiTown. Good info.
Are there any other pics of Andriacchi besides the one or two found on the internet?

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/30/15 03:21 PM

Posted By: JJB

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/30/15 04:07 PM

In light of the fact that Solly D seems to be running things, I'll have to make an extra effort when back in the States in Sept to dig up the Infelise/Jahoda/Solly wiretap tapes that I have in storage. I'd love to listen to them again knowing what I know now.

What's the easiest way to digitize cassette tapes? I honestly have no idea.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/30/15 04:11 PM

Here are a few ways:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/audio/tips-and-solution/recording-cassette-tapes-computer
Posted By: JJB

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/30/15 04:21 PM

Thanks, Snakes, I'll do what I can. I don't even currently have a cassette deck at my disposal, but I'm sure I'll be able to work it out.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/30/15 05:28 PM

How many times did Solly D tell guys they had "hot nuts" in those tapes? That guy's lingo is something else. JJB I'd love to hear them.

Posted By: funkster

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/31/15 12:17 AM

As would I.

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/31/15 12:21 AM

Chitown - thanks for the info about Marco and Solly D. So possibly my intel is a little off. So maybe Marco is still consigliere?

I was told Cataudella is UB and Jimmy I is running Cicero, what do u think their positions are?

Scott
Posted By: Mark

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/31/15 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: ChiTown
How many times did Solly D tell guys they had "hot nuts" in those tapes? That guy's lingo is something else. JJB I'd love to hear them.

What does "hot nuts" suppose to mean?

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/31/15 01:02 AM

Chitown - thanks for the info about Marco and Solly D. So possibly my intel is a little off. So maybe Marco is still consigliere?

I was told Cataudella is UB and Jimmy I is running Cicero, what do u think their positions are?

Scott

I think the general consensus is that Jimmy I is def running Cicero.
Posted By: slick

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 01/31/15 11:59 AM

Maybe your source meant Sammy C is Cicero underboss.
Posted By: jonnynonos

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 02/03/15 02:23 AM

Nice article. I have no way of knowing if it's all or partially true or not, but, unlike most of what you hear/read, it sounds reasonable on the surface, at least.

Hope you enjoyed the Ch. 4 White Boy Rick special!

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 02/03/15 02:52 PM

Scott

I'm not sure who's info is off - mine could be too.

Cautaudella really goes by "Sally" more than "Sammy." I know he's been around a long time but I would peg him below Jimmy I.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 02/07/15 11:56 AM

sounds like they have younger guys that are getting schooled by veterans

Re: The Chicago mob today - report: who's boss, ub etc - 02/07/15 02:31 PM

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/71/351002/strip-club-owner-gets-license-sell-medical-marijuana
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET