Home

mobsters who committed suicide ?

Posted By: furio_from_naples

mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 08:05 AM

Steven Raffa apart in 2000, and Frank Nitti in 1943, know others mobsters who have committed suicide?
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 08:33 AM

I was going to say Craig De Palma but he survived his attempt.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 08:42 AM

Gambino , Nicky skins stefanelli
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 09:22 AM

Probably shouldnt be a mobster if you cant even successfully whack yourself
Posted By: Snakes

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 09:22 AM

Gerry Scarpelli
Posted By: baldo

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 09:46 AM

Ligammari and son killed each other at the same time. Pizza connection guy linked to the 3 capos murder. May have been a hit though.
Posted By: Zavattoni

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 10:19 AM

Dominick Napolitano knowing that he would be killed by several Bonanno soldiers decided to meet his fate instead of living. I call this suicide..
Posted By: bronx

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 10:35 AM

in sicily it is not uncommon..
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Zavattoni
Dominick Napolitano knowing that he would be killed by several Bonanno soldiers decided to meet his fate instead of living. I call this suicide..

Not even by a longshot,think about it.
Posted By: pmac

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 12:51 PM

some old Gambino guy before he was about to do his bid. a weak one at that. Brooklyn docks guys nephew?
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 01:34 PM

If you are going to include Napolitano on a technicality, then you go down the rabbit hole of including guys like De Meo because he, like Sonny Black, knew he was a dead man walking. Does that mean he, too, killed himself?
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 01:42 PM

Sonny Black. No no no NO WAY! Suicide is for cowards. Sonny Black's name shouldn't even be on this thread. He was NO coward. The guy was true cosa nostra

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Sonny Black. No no no NO WAY! Suicide is for cowards. Sonny Black's name shouldn't even be on this thread. He was NO coward. The guy was true cosa nostra

So if suicide is for cowards, Robin Williams was a coward or Brittany Maynard that decided to die in peace rather than wait for a slow and atrocious death by brain cancer?

Alfanogirl do not judge, life is sometimes easy and sometimes not, and every one one can do what wants of it.

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

So if suicide is for cowards, Robin Williams was a coward or Brittany Maynard that decided to die in peace rather than wait for a slow and atrocious death by brain cancer?

Alfanogirl do not judge, life is sometimes easy and sometimes not, and every one one can do what wants of it.

No one can know what is in the head od a person who commits suicide,what happens in the head of a man in those last 2 minutes.Something just clics.Life can be a real s.o.b. sometimes,some of us pull tru some of us dont,but no suicide victem should be labeled a coward.No disrespect to You Alfanos girl,i know you meant well.

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: alexandarns

No one can know what is in the head od a person who commits suicide,what happens in the head of a man in those last 2 minutes.Something just clics.Life can be a real s.o.b. sometimes,some of us pull tru some of us dont,but no suicide victem should be labeled a coward.No disrespect to You Alfanos girl,i know you meant well.

We are talking about the world of cosa nostra so yes if you commit suicide you are a coward. These hoods signed into being criminals so they need to take their medicine like men. In the regular normal world no I do not believe a person is a coward. They are sick and need help and think that death is the only answer.

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 02:28 PM

If these hoods signed into being criminals,lose their human side?They cant get sick and need help and think that death is the only answer?A mentaly ill person is mentaly ill person everywhere.

But in all fairnes gangsters are most likley very much self absorved,so they will never commit suicide in the first place.So i guess u are right about that world,but then again...

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: alexandarns
If these hoods signed into being criminals,lose their human side?They cant get sick and need help and think that death is the only answer?A mentaly ill person is mentaly ill person everywhere.

But in all fairnes gangsters are most likley very much self absorved,so they will never commit suicide in the first place.So i guess u are right about that world,but then again...

Isn't it hard to understand this world? I think it is so complicated. If you live by a code you cannot show weakness that's how you get yourself killed. I'm sure many of these hoods struggle daily with demons but know that it is best to spend their time thinking about how to earn rather than how they feel. The best hood is one who is emotionless. Being Italian you are taught to man up when you are a young boy so it is instilled in you to act accordingly from the time you are a toddler. Only the mentally strong survive.

I'm sure someone else on here can explain what I'm trying to say here as I am such s terrible writer I just cannot get the right words out to explain what I mean.

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 03:41 PM

Of course i understand,don't worry about it.It's a touchy topic to begin with.We all know what you mean,my mother is italian so i know what you mean.Try to understand my point of view,it dosen't matter how you were raised or what you ocupation is,or eve if you are a gangster or not,when it hits you it hits you like a 50 pound sledge hammer.
I'm in line with what you said we don't have continue on this thing anymore.
Back to Sonny Black,if that man really knew for sure that he was going to get killed,he's really a man's man and a tough mf in my book.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/23/14 05:00 PM

what about abe reles, his death was ruled a suicide, he jumped out of a window in the coney island hotel, with 4 cops guarding him. frank Costello said "the coppers hit him in the head with a billy club, and threw him out" officially it was ruled a suicide. does that count?

and longy zwillman was found hanged,the cops ruled his death a suicide, they said he hanged himself even though his hands were tied behind his back.

do those two count?
Posted By: RedBullets

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/24/14 12:58 AM

Momo Adamo whacked himself the fuck out after Frank Desimone raped his wife right in front of him. I don't see how he didn't just decide to kill Frank, and if the family decided to kill him, so be it. He handled it so bad. The poor guy.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/24/14 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: RedBullets
Momo Adamo whacked himself the fuck out after Frank Desimone raped his wife right in front of him. I don't see how he didn't just decide to kill Frank, and if the family decided to kill him, so be it. He handled it so bad. The poor guy.

I read that also, and I always wondered the same thing you did, why didn't he clip Desimone, he deserved it.

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/24/14 08:01 AM

I think Momo Adamo committed suicide, because will have even thought of kill DeSimone, only that the boss knew what he had done at the Momo's wife and for sure wouldn't bring much to kill him.
Also shame to hear the soldiers of the family who laughed at his back, and he could not do anything even if DeSimone had violated the rule that prohibited to touch a made man's woman; but in reality, the rules don't apply to who is boss.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/24/14 02:08 PM

Looks like the DeSimones were crazy as a whole family.
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/28/14 02:36 PM

Frank Nitti shot himself before going to prison on the Hollywood extortion case
Posted By: bronx

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/28/14 03:12 PM

he was brain dead ,never came out of a coma..so you are correct depalma
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: mobsters who committed suicide ? - 12/28/14 04:24 PM

I think Momo Adamo committed suicide, because will have even thought of kill DeSimone, only that the boss knew what he had done at the Momo's wife and for sure wouldn't bring much to kill him.
Also shame to hear the soldiers of the family who laughed at his back, and he could not do anything even if DeSimone had violated the rule that prohibited to touch a made man's woman; but in reality, the rules don't apply to who is boss.

I really doubt that story even as being true considering Frank DeSimone was by all accounts, a weak and ineffectual man scared of his own shadow. Doesn't mean he's not a rapist but here was a guy who wasn't aggressive enough to have his soldiers shake down bookies because he was afraid he might get in trouble with the law. I think Adamo just did it on his own.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET