Home

Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair

Posted By: Dias

Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/10/14 07:20 PM

Everybody knows that, supposedly, there is a rule that says that made members can't have a moustache or any kind of facial hair. I would like to know if the same is applied with earrings and tattoos. I have seen that Gaetano Lucibello uses a couple of earrings, and Gotti Junior has tattos. But who else has? Is there a rule that forbids this two things as well?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/10/14 07:28 PM

The mustache thing is a myth. If it was ever a rule (and that's open to debate), it was enforced selectively. Just like the rest of the rules.

I think that Italian men in general (and by extension, some Italian American men) just shy away from facial hair. If anything it was probably a cultural thing that wasn't mutually exclusive to wiseguys being clean shaven. But like I said, there have been plenty of guys with facial hair over the years. This topic comes up all the time. If you put mustache or beard in the search you'll get a bunch of hits.

And welcome to the board.
Posted By: oldschool3

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/10/14 07:36 PM

In today's LCN, any rules that still exist are applied on a "depends" basis...in other words, it always depends on who the person is, how much he earns, and if his superior favors him. LCN standards are, and have been, on a slow downward slide since the '80's and aided greatly by people like John Gotti who bent more rules than Juri Geller bent spoons.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/10/14 08:02 PM

Joe Pistone was undercover as "Donnie Brasco" and he had facial hair, a huge mustache, he sort of looked like Mario.

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/10/14 08:14 PM

As PB mentioned above, the facial hair ban is basically a myth. But in Brasco's case, he was only an associate, so the "rules" really wouldn't have applied to him anyway if there was a ban in the first place.
Posted By: Dias

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/10/14 08:18 PM

pizzaboy - First of all, thank you. I did some search in this forum before, but i have never found a topic that talked about tattoos and earrings besides facial hair.

SinatraClub - Yes i know, philip testa and others had facial hair as well.

We all know that things done changed, i just wanted to know about more mafia members who use earrings and tattoos, if they even exist. Just to be aware of that change of values
Posted By: TheAustralian

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/10/14 08:46 PM

"This guy earns us millions of dollars but he has an earring so he's gotta go".....
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/10/14 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: oldschool3
As PB mentioned above, the facial hair ban is basically a myth. But in Brasco's case, he was only an associate, so the "rules" really wouldn't have applied to him anyway if there was a ban in the first place.

Greg Scarpa had a similar 'stache and no one told him what to do with his facial hair.

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/10/14 09:46 PM

Good point, and for good reason smile
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/10/14 11:53 PM

Ink is fine, facial hair as long as its not excessive. Earrings, thats another story.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/11/14 04:33 AM

Earrings are effeminate.

Men shouldnt wear them. Just wrong.

I can't see they'd be fondly regarded in that world...
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/11/14 03:19 PM

Hey! I have an earring and I'm not effeminate.

I swear I only watch Sex and the City for Kim Cattrall's sex scenes.
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/11/14 03:49 PM

I though Italian guys grew facial hair to look more like their mothers? That's what my irish mom used to tell my italian dad...

lol
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
The mustache thing is a myth. If it was ever a rule (and that's open to debate), it was enforced selectively. Just like the rest of the rules.

I think that Italian men in general (and by extension, some Italian American men) just shy away from facial hair. If anything it was probably a cultural thing that wasn't mutually exclusive to wiseguys being clean shaven. But like I said, there have been plenty of guys with facial hair over the years. This topic comes up all the time. If you put mustache or beard in the search you'll get a bunch of hits.

And welcome to the board.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Earrings, Tattoos and Facial Hair - 12/12/14 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
I though Italian guys grew facial hair to look more like their mothers?

/me chuckles
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET