Home

Anyone here been to prison?

Posted By: TheAustralian

Anyone here been to prison? - 12/03/14 10:43 PM

Lately I've been reading up a lot about prisons in America. I'm interested in the prison industrial complex and the pecking order in prison. I do not like reading books written by a know-it-all with a degree in criminology, I'd much rather hear stories directly from people who have actually been incarcerated and understand how the system works.

How corrupt is the system? Do guards frequently abuse prisoners? Are prison gangs rampant and if so, do they act as a pseudo-government for the other inmates?

Any info would be much appreciated

Cheers.
Posted By: JimmyIrons

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/03/14 11:40 PM

Prison gangs are rampant.. Color doesn't mingle. Murder is extremely rare in prison, fights are an everyday thing. But if you leave a mark the guards go to the video. It's almost impossible to get away with anything serious.

Guards aren't openly corrupts. I'm sure there are some, as obviously drugs get in. But it's kept quiet and not many people know who these guards are. Verbal abuse is common, physical abuse is rare unless you ask for it.

For the most part, prisoners police their own.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 12:33 AM

Jimmy Irons are you a guard? Those are pretty much all blanket statements.

OP, there are state and federal prisons in the US (not counting county jails which can be worse than many prisons), which have varying degrees of everything you asked about. Can you ask more specific questions?

The book "The Hot House" is awesome, written by a guy who went inside a federal pen in the late 80's. He wrote it but...really 3 or 4 prisoners wrote it through him.

Many people in America looking at long (2+ years) in a county jail will push to get sent to prison if they know they will probably go into a minimum security joint. Often done through getting their probation revoked. Jail usually means no yard time, no sunlight, no rec, no benefits of any kind that you might get in prison, such as a library, access to computers/education, and lifting weights.

Does that help at all?
Posted By: Crash

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 12:43 AM

County time is hard. County jails are built only to house am inmate for a short period of time. When you are waiting for sentencing and have no bail, county is brutal,

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 12:53 AM

also if you get a long sentence like 1.5 years and then another case comes through and you get another year or so after already serving most of the previous sentence...you can rot in there.

Isn't it 2+ years in most states means going to prison?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 12:55 AM

Australian, as you read books by US criminals you will notice how they get transferred to many different joints and describe them as "country clubs", "shitholes", Gladiator Schools", etc.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 01:27 AM

No, I spent 9 years at FCI Sheridan in Oregon.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 01:38 AM

The reason I joined this site were because of some people I met at the detention center in Brooklyn.. I had no idea they lived such interesting lives, they seem so normal in person.
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 01:52 AM

County was supposed to be for short times, but as usual the laws are changing in a bad way. In one state I was locked up in, county jail held people for up to 4 years. No yard, no sun, no contact visits, etc. Imagine being locked inside in the same pod for 3 years never seeing natural light til the day you get out. Friggin sucks. It wasn't violent aside from a few fights. Don't believe what you see on TV. As for races mingling, I hung out with the Mexicans. I'm sure it's probably different in state and fed, but county was easy going in that respect
Posted By: Johnny_Dio

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 03:40 AM

18 months for possession over here.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 06:44 AM

How do prisoners get extorted when they don't really hav any cash?
Posted By: Primo

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 06:54 AM

They make them get their families to put money into their prison comissary funds fo example and then the guys extorting them can make them buy them stuff or possily even just give them the cash. or threaten their families on the outside and in turn making them pay outside of prison.

they can do this y threatening the well being of the pisoner too etc. I saw once where a prisoner was trying to force his cell mate to get his mom to buy them a new tv for their cell

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 02:08 PM

the movie American Me is a good overall example of mass extortion and how US prison gangs gained power outside the walls.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 02:14 PM

like Primo says above. Also, a prisoner may try to exploit any bit of info he can find.

Predator finds out someone's (the prey) uncle is more like a father to him than an uncle and owns a small grocery. Predator gets a couple guys to threaten prey either with physical or sexual violence. Predator comes along and saves the day. Then the favors start.

A million ways that scenario can play out. The above is the nice way, sadly.

Or, predator gets someone on the outside to threaten the uncle, maybe rough him up a bit. Now the prey can be used to exploit his job or whatever. If he doesn't smuggle food (for instance) the uncle really gets fucked up. Could be for food, sex, a phone card, anything.

A story from a mafia book I can't remember the title of: mafioso gets sent to prison where a guard is personally fucking with him. Mafioso gets someone to snap a photo of guard's little girl in the schoolyard playing and send it to him. Mafioso walks up to guard and hands it to him saying "See, it's that easy." No more problems.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 02:58 PM

went to prison for 3 yrs it sucked. over 10+ years ive been free sometimes when I wake up I think I still in a cell specially if im looking at a grey wall. or im sleeping anywhere else then my bed. my child hood friend is at the hot house that book is awesome great read. read it on a 3 day stay at the circus circus in vegas. guy talks how tony ducks would hold court in the rec room.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 02:59 PM

its really embarissing to when im around normal folks. cause they all seen hbo oz. dumb shit.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 03:04 PM

when I'm eating at work and someone reaches over top of my food...they don't know how close they just came...

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 03:16 PM

please pass the salt.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
its really embarissing to when im around normal folks. cause they all seen hbo oz. dumb shit.

Kinda like when people from Albuquerque post about the mob because they've seen "The Sopranos." wink
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Kinda like when people from Albuquerque post about the mob because they've seen "The Sopranos." wink

Or people from elsewhere talk about meth and the cartel in New Mexico 'cause they've watched Breaking Bad. lol
Posted By: kjk

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 04:58 PM

Hired former Heavyweight Champion of the World Sonny Liston's lawyer; possession of a stolen firearm, narcotics to distribute, 4 years jumped bail, did three days in Camden County under Sheriff Cream (Jersey Joe Walcott) before everything was tossed! Semper Fidelis, KJK

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: kjk
Hired former Heavyweight Champion of the World Sonny Liston's lawyer; possession of a stolen firearm, narcotics to distribute and 4 years jumping bond were tossed out! Semper Fidelis, KJK

how much was the bill?
Posted By: kjk

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 11:13 PM

A pretty penny.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Dio

State or Fed? Where'd you do your time?
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/04/14 11:56 PM

Never been upstate but served 9 months and a week in county after getting an 11 1/2 to 23 month sentence which is basically 9 and a week with good time

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 07:51 AM

My uncle did 7 years in a high-sec prison in the 80's and he reckons that the whole thing about prison rape is bullshit. He said he never saw anyone get raped but he knew that there were a lot of fags in prison that 'put out'. Granted, this was an aussie prison, so you know little bit different... is America the same? Like, are rapes commonplace or is that just a myth?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 08:56 AM

Rapes are exceedingly rare in American prisons. Especially today.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 09:00 AM

There are transsexuals living openly in prison these days. Different times.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 09:13 AM

Sad but true.
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 10:47 AM

Friend did 5 years in Grateford and said you basically get down with dudes if that's what your into. He said he was very surprised at how many African American homosexuals there were in jail. They were the catchers, of course; the homos that is.

But this dude was fucked up. He incited a riot while he was in there and got 2 or 3 years tacked on to his 2 year assault conviction.

My old neighbor did 7 years in Fed and he came out with a successful bypass surgery and a good tennis game.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 11:54 AM

I've been in a Turkish prison. Does that count?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 12:11 PM

I bet that was fun?
Posted By: merlino

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I've been in a Turkish prison. Does that count?

That hash smuggling catches up to you in the long run

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 01:18 PM

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 01:27 PM

Lmao.
Posted By: GaryH

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 01:29 PM

Never been in jail and never even been arrested so my butthole is still intact!
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 01:33 PM

Yea possession of what? and 18 months where? Was it your first time being arrested?
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

Yea possession of what? and 18 months where? Was it your first time being arrested?

A dime bag that he bought off the westies...

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane

A dime bag that he bought off the westies...

I hope this kid gets the hint and doesn't answer. He's probably been Googling his ass off since yesterday.

Don't do it, son. There are guys on this board who will tear your story to shreds. Just come back and start over again. No one will mention any of it to you. I'll see to that.

But if you dig your heels in with these fantasies I can't help you wink smile.
Posted By: Frankie_Five_Angels

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 01:56 PM

Was in County jail once for a day and a half. .. felt like a week and a half... .lol

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: GaryH

I take it you have never had Mexican food then?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: TheAustralian
My uncle did 7 years in a high-sec prison in the 80's and he reckons that the whole thing about prison rape is bullshit. He said he never saw anyone get raped but he knew that there were a lot of fags in prison that 'put out'. Granted, this was an aussie prison, so you know little bit different... is America the same? Like, are rapes commonplace or is that just a myth?

Ya have to understand there are different levels of prisons in the US that hold different types. You could go to 4 different facilities and have 4 completely different experiences.

Talking to an ex-prison guard here in AZ yesterday. IIRC she quit because she got stabbed (men's prison). She said depending on which prison it is, rape is an everyday thing. There is a thing called PREA that is supposed to crack down on it. Prison Rape Elimination Act.

There are also apparently prisons that are mainly for DUI out here in addition to the usual low, medium, high risk classifications. There are prisons in the US where rape would be daily, and others where it pretty much never happens.
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 03:22 PM

Snake Pliskin don't take it in the ass. He gives it. And no way would Jack Burton take it in the ass!

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090728/quotes

Originally Posted By: GaryH

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: alicecooper
Originally Posted By: TheAustralian

Ya have to understand there are different levels of prisons in the US that hold different types. You could go to 4 different facilities and have 4 completely different experiences.

Talking to an ex-prison guard here in AZ yesterday. IIRC she quit because she got stabbed (men's prison). She said depending on which prison it is, rape is an everyday thing. There is a thing called PREA that is supposed to crack down on it. Prison Rape Elimination Act.

There are also apparently prisons that are mainly for DUI out here in addition to the usual low, medium, high risk classifications. There are prisons in the US where rape would be daily, and others where it pretty much never happens.

Ya, I don't believe this is the case. Very few guys go to prison and end up gay if they weren't already going in.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/05/14 10:15 PM

That Sir is Classic.

Perfectly written.

DP cool
Posted By: Joey_Cusack

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 01:39 AM

No prison, I was in county lock up overnight...that was enough for me. Fuck jail is all I have to say. Nothing is worth that shit.
Posted By: ForgettableName

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Joey_Cusack
No prison, I was in county lock up overnight...that was enough for me. Fuck jail is all I have to say. Nothing is worth that shit.

Did the same not too long ago, and did another near full day a little while back. Have to say it does suck, mainly because it's boring as all hell, though the food wasn't as bad as I expected. All you end up doing is hear other dudes compare the various places they've been locked up. People are surprisingly open to talking about their guilt and crimes, not a shock why their are so many jailhouse snitches, but again, that's just po-dunk county lockup, I can't imagine the tedium of doing any kind of lengthy stay.
Posted By: salvi62

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 05:26 AM

My Brother in law is doing 25 years for narcotics trafficking. My wife's whole side of her family has done time for narcotics. One was hacked up and found in an oil drum off the Bahamas.

I don't even want to mention myself. I'm pretty superstitious and don't want to put the "horns" on myself by even talking about it.

My B-in law is in state and it really sucks. No air conditioning in the cells, no internet. But they have moved him around quite a bit. Hes been as close as a half hour away to visit all the way to an 8 hour drive each way.

You would be amazed at how many guys have illegal cell phones in there.

Sal
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 05:35 AM

Never been to prison. There are different types of prisons in the United States, depending on the crime you committed and how the law views you as a prisoner. The two big different ones are Federal and State prisons. From those that I know that have did time in prison, most say that Federal is a lot better than doing time in State, where a few others who have said state was better than federal, but it depends on where that prison is located and what state it is in. Worst is doing time in County jail. As one poster already said, they can hit you with other counts while you are in jail, and add those sentence to your time, so lets say you were convicted and senctence to four months, you served two already and the law investigated you on something else during this time, you go to court again, and you are convicted on this count, lets say the judge sentence you to a year. So now you have 14 months on your sentence remaining. They do this a lot to inmates that cause the jail problems or law enforcement.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 05:39 AM

If prison was like a holiday camp, there would be no deterrent for crimes.

In the United Kingdom & Ireland, sentences are very, very weak and in many cases do not fit the seriousness of the crimes.

Many repeat offenders can do virtually anything and know that the worst case scenario is somewhere between 2.5 and 7.5 years.

There needs to be more of a disincentive. Prisoners piss and whine about prisons now. Maybe they should pick up a book and read about how bleak prisons were before WW2.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 05:48 AM

In regards to the county jail, what I was saying is that in jail you do not have access to some of the things you would have in prison, which can make jail a living hell depending on how much time you get.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 08:26 AM

If prison was like a holiday camp, there would be no deterrent for crimes.

In the United Kingdom & Ireland, sentences are very, very weak and in many cases do not fit the seriousness of the crimes.

Many repeat offenders can do virtually anything and know that the worst case scenario is somewhere between 2.5 and 7.5 years.

There needs to be more of a disincentive. Prisoners piss and whine about prisons now. Maybe they should pick up a book and read about how bleak prisons were before WW2.

The deterrent is that many people have a values system and wronging others is not part of it. In America we have the highest rate of incarceration in the world, a government you cannot win against, and the death penalty in some states. And what does it get us? I dare guess our recidivism rates are the highest in the developed world...

The problem is that for most Americans upward mobility has either never existed or has ceased to exist. Thus, no more incentive to do it the way the government says. Not just talking about drug dealing and violence, but small businesses cheating on taxes just to survive is also a federal crime, for instance. I guarantee you businesses cheating on taxes to survive is more rampant in this country than you can imagine. Joe the hardware store owner is probably guilty of committing federal tax crimes. Same for Tom the farmer. And Jesse running his landscaping company.

So essentially the fabric of our communities is in many ways inherently criminal, whether people choose to view it that way or not. This country thrives on incentives and rewards. Incentives exist more now in the gray and black than in the white for a growing number of Americans. All the prisons and the harshest penalties in the world will not, cannot, change this.

As far as pre-WWII prisons, so what? Because they were bad 100 years ago makes it ok that they are bad now?
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 08:49 AM

I was never in prison as a prisoner, but was in Attica with the military when the guards went on strike. One of the "Scab" guards who was working with us told us that when the prisoners went to Sunday church service a lot of them sat in the rear pew and fags would service them. Also I recently talked to a buddy who was a New York State prison Sgt and he said the stories of rape are greatly exaggerated. He again reiterated that their favorite inmates were mobsters who showed thee guards respect.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 08:57 AM

Very good post, alice

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
In regards to the county jail, what I was saying is that in jail you do not have access to some of the things you would have in prison, which can make jail a living hell depending on how much time you get.

I have never been but I have heard stories from friends and supposedly the smell of feces, urine, sweat and desperation is unreal. There is no privacy. No space. You have to find a balance. You can't run your mouth off but you can't be too silent so as to show that you are not weak and do not attract suspicion.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

I have never been but I have heard stories from friends and supposedly the smell of feces, urine, sweat and desperation is unreal. There is no privacy. No space. You have to find a balance. You can't run your mouth off but you can't be too silent so as to show that you are not weak and do not attract suspicion.

Check your pm, Moe.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 02:46 PM

Spent a night in County once, hell I think all linemen have lol

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

That must be where that old Glen Campbell song came from.

I am a lineman for the county....

Hey, I'm bored lol.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia

That must be where that old Glen Campbell song came from.

I am a lineman for the county....

Hey, I'm bored lol.

I remember on Hurricane Floyd in North Carolina they put us in a hotel that shared a parking lot with a strip joint. Boy did they ever regret that move. They almost locked up the whole company that night lol
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 03:00 PM

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 04:04 PM

That Sean Penn movie is so dumb. That Spanish kid rapes his his girl to go to prison to avenge his bro. Then there that lil Jew kid who blew up a bowling alley strange movie. When I was in prison it was crisis in the church scandal and pedi priest were coming in dearly it was sick n gross. So many pedo s back then.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/06/14 11:12 PM

That Sean Penn movie is so dumb. That Spanish kid rapes his his girl to go to prison to avenge his bro. Then there that lil Jew kid who blew up a bowling alley strange movie. When I was in prison it was crisis in the church scandal and pedi priest were coming in dearly it was sick n gross. So many pedo s back then.

The Spanish guy's a great character actor, though. Esai Morales. He ended up on "NYPD Blue" for a few years.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/07/14 12:53 AM

The old Spanish guy who ran the juvie is a famous actor to I think and bla k guy was NFL. The lil nerd mad his boom box a bomb. The c.o. from that great Steven king movie with the white guy framed for murder and black Jesus.
Posted By: Dirty_Sox_Bob

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/07/14 04:48 AM

went to prison for 3 yrs it sucked. over 10+ years ive been free sometimes when I wake up I think I still in a cell specially if im looking at a grey wall. or im sleeping anywhere else then my bed.

I know someone that is not quite a friend but more than an acquaintance, who did 4 1/2 years out of a 6 (or maybe 7) year sentence for shooting someone in the leg in a biker club dispute. He told me the exact same thing. Dreams he is still there, and wakes up expecting to still be there sometimes.

Me, worst I ever had was 4 hours in the drunk tank. That's enough for me. It wasn't the lack of freedom or the other degenerates in the tank, it was that they didn't let me have a harmonica to play.
Posted By: Frank

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/07/14 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By: JimmyIrons
The reason I joined this site were because of some people I met at the detention center in Brooklyn.. I had no idea they lived such interesting lives, they seem so normal in person.

Any italians in detention center in Brooklyn?
Posted By: Girlie

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 12/11/14 01:59 PM

I've only been for visits...give the guys a free peep. However, guards made me dress down the following visits. Jackwads.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 08:15 PM

disturbing story.....dude got jumped, robbed.....other prisoners took cell phone pics of him kneeling with a leash around his neck and emailed the pics

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/cell-phone-photo-sheds-light-on-prison-culture-and/nkhyc/

new jacks surrendering/
come home not remembering/

made bail with different size kicks on/
Posted By: fergie

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 09:09 PM

Not a nice picture, but Im a bit torn here...Ive always thought punishment should take place in prison (not by other prisoners mind you)-simply being in prison and loss of liberty isnt a punishment for a lot of guys in there. Take away things like weight training where they can bulk up - runnning machines etc no probs, take away every single piece of entertainment and make it some place you WANT to avoid. These guys in the pic dont really look too worried, except obv the victim, I dont know what he's guilty of.

Too many times though I hear prison isnt a big deal. I know a few prison officers in the uk, 1 of which thinks extreme measures will never work, it just makes criminals harder. Im not so sure....i want prison to be as extreme as a society can possibly make it so it becomes a deterent, not a rehab programme. If society needs to then deal with the issues that person might suffer as a result afterwards, then fine, its better than not really punishing them in the first place. Yes there are some who can be rehabilitated and any good programme should identify that asap, but repeat offenders etc should be whipped daily and fed bread and water, no exaggeration, because they might be on youre doorstep next and tell me then how you feel. I dont care about the chin stroking, PC brigade who bleat on about human rights, simply because when you commit an extreme crime that offends another's human rights you deserve extreme punishment and lose youre "human rights".

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 09:35 PM

fergie,

dude in the picture has multiple strong arm and car jacking charges...he's not a non violent first time offender. I'm gonna assume most people in jail or prison aren't first timers either, and that the people who posted about their firsthand experiences on this forum aren't first timers either.

From what I've read...unless the crime fits a state mandatory minimum guideline and is serious offense...first time offenders can get literal slap on wrist. probation...counseling,etc

I don't know what ideal punishment would be for convicts, but story was disturbing because we all figure it's beyond chaos in jail but seeing glimpses into it are shocking.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 09:39 PM

I can tell you for a fact that you can get locked up for your first arrest, even a non violent crime. However, unless you're an idiot, you will be put in with the low security risks where shit like that barely ever happens..

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: blacksheep
I can tell you for a fact that you can get locked up for your first arrest, even a non violent crime. However, unless you're an idiot, you will be put in with the low security risks where shit like that barely ever happens..

Exactly. You reap what you sow. You're housed with like-minded offenders. If you're in for a DWI, you'll never have to worry about running into Charles Manson.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 10:18 PM

thanks, black

When I read about pre-trial intervention programs and such I figured that , with a clean record, everybody is eligible for that or another alternative unless it's drugs,guns, or other serious offenses.

What you said makes sense.

I'm just old enough to remember the original Scared Straight program, and I never want to see any parts of jail.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
thanks, black

When I read about pre-trial intervention programs and such I figured that , with a clean record, everybody is eligible for that or another alternative unless it's drugs,guns, or other serious offenses.

What you said makes sense.

I'm just old enough to remember the original Scared Straight program, and I never want to see any parts of jail.

The thing about intervention programs is they don't always help you depending on how many counts you might have gotten. If you get busted selling weed to a cop a few times, it's essentially the same crime but they hit you with 3 charges and tack on every other charge they can dig up from the books as a scare tactic.
The end result is often them giving you a minimal sentence if they can't qualify multiple charges for the program they say they offer. In this day and age, I think it's rare to get hit with just one charge. They'll throw as many as possible to get you to take a plea and be done with it. But as PB clarified, you get put in with like minded people. If you're selling weed, you'll probably be with people in the low risk unit unless you become a fool in jail and wanna show how tough you are in the holding tank while you're being processed. All the violence you hear about is generally done by violent people onto other violent people who found out they weren't so tough when they got locked up
Posted By: fergie

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 11:01 PM

So whats bad about prison then if you're a low level dope dealer who isn't violent? Apart from loss of liberty, nothing really. Take 10 lashes a day instead of 40, that'll make you think about dealing or working. I cant understand why it doesn't happen in prisons, the majority of guys take it easy when they get sent down and we pick up the tab for it all.

If you're dog shits on the carpet, do you give it a biscuit?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 11:15 PM

@ferg,

I saw this sheriff on one of the jail shows on tv, you'll like this guy

Joe Arpaio of Arizona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gzlPOmaWeU
Posted By: mightyhealthy

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 11:22 PM

I was in jail for about four hours.

So no.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 11:24 PM

disturbing story.....dude got jumped, robbed.....other prisoners took cell phone pics of him kneeling with a leash around his neck and emailed the pics

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/cell-phone-photo-sheds-light-on-prison-culture-and/nkhyc/

new jacks surrendering/
come home not remembering/

made bail with different size kicks on/

Give me that Green Bay hat.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 11:37 PM

Exactly. You reap what you sow. You're housed with like-minded offenders. If you're in for a DWI, you'll never have to worry about running into Charles Manson.

What about the holding cell though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdG34y8kUyc

Because of Footread's jokes about Johnny Depp's small hands..I couldn't help but notice that CB has little baby feet.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/15 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Give me that Green Bay hat.

exactly

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 03:38 PM

i may have played a game of whist in a prison. or hearts. for some ramen noodles.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 03:39 PM

you want your cornbread.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 03:51 PM

you want your cornbread.

can't have it..I'm from new york city...gonna be consequences and repercussions

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 03:58 PM

you want your cornbread.

can't have it..I'm from new york city...gonna be consequences and repercussions

Jangle Leg ... Jangle Leg.

Don't be scurred. Nuh uh.

I continue to amaze you. Don't I, Gets? lol

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 04:09 PM

Ok I'm lost

Edit-- I think I'm not lost anymore. Life with eddie Murphy?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 04:28 PM

Jangle Leg ... Jangle Leg.

Don't be scurred. Nuh uh.

I continue to amaze you. Don't I, Gets? lol

Pizzaboy,

the most interesting man in the world..

I told myself the day you quoted Bernie Mac...I'd flip out...so I'm flipping out.
Posted By: Beenaround

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 05:40 PM

cousin did 6 in allenwood. I never did enough to matter 2 days holding..lol
Posted By: ItalianForever

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 06:01 PM

When I was young but I got a chance to join the military to avoid that fate.
Posted By: mackinblack007

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 08:04 PM

16 months for a highspeed.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 08:31 PM

[quote=pizzaboy]

Because of Footread's jokes about Johnny Depp's small hands..I couldn't help but notice that CB has little baby feet.

My 5 yr old grandson Henry had bigger feet that the guy in the suit.

Look at how much room there is in that holding cell. In Brooklyn the cell is Hugh and they are full with prisoners.

No place to sit they piss in the water fountain. No air its a zoo.grt pulled in on a Friday night your in for the weekend. The guards are all cock suckers. I would love to be in the holding cell in that video.
Posted By: Belette

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 09:22 PM

You know, Manson has actually needed protection in prison because he's the size of a leprechaun. He's very wary about everything that's going on around him so every time he senses danger he halfheartedly assaults a CO so he gets put in solitary. In the 70's he was even punked by an AB member. He tried to get AB to protect him by using his girls to lure them in, but then when the AB members started marrying his girls he tried to put a stop to it. He had more than one physical confrontation with them.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Belette

You know, Manson has actually needed protection in prison because he's the size of a leprechaun. He's very wary about everything that's going on around him so every time he senses danger he halfheartedly assaults a CO so he gets put in solitary. In the 70's he was even punked by an AB member. He tried to get AB to protect him by using his girls to lure them in, but then when the AB members started marrying his girls he tried to put a stop to it. He had more than one physical confrontation with them.

Carmine Galante, Anthony Casso, Vic Amuso, Nick Scarfo, Sammy Gravano, Joey Merlino, Jimmy Ida, Venero Mangano and Carmine Persico are/were all smaller than leprechauns too and they handle themselves pretty well in prison.

Well Casso & Amuso got the ever loving sh*t kicked out of them when they acted out but the rest have fared okay.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 10:23 PM

Getting the shit kicked out of you is just part of lifen big or small.. Anyone who has never got beat up is either a liar or a bully who will only fight people he can fuck up. No shame in losing in a fight, as long as you fight, that's all that matters.
Posted By: Belette

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 10:41 PM

Carmine Galante, Anthony Casso, Vic Amuso, Nick Scarfo, Sammy Gravano, Joey Merlino, Jimmy Ida, Venero Mangano and Carmine Persico are/were all smaller than leprechauns too and they handle themselves pretty well in prison.

Well Casso & Amuso got the ever loving sh*t kicked out of them when they acted out but the rest have fared okay.

Well yes sure, but they would do a lot worse in prison if instead of mafioso they would be there for butchering a pregnant woman.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/31/15 10:52 PM

Speaking of guys taking a beating like a man.

I love the story of John Stanfa's prison beating. At least guys can get to him.

Joey Merlino pays people to watch his ass 24/7 in the joint.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Footreads
[quote=pizzaboy]

Look at how much room there is in that holding cell. In Brooklyn the cell is Hugh and they are full with prisoners.

No place to sit they piss in the water fountain. No air its a zoo.grt pulled in on a Friday night your in for the weekend. The guards are all cock suckers. I would love to be in the holding cell in that video.

Holding cell is not close. I made two trips to the tombs in my younger days. Both times in for about 36 hours. Its a joke, its basically a bull shit session. Its pretty interesting actually, a real melting pot in there. It was in the tombs when I first learned that Hatians aren't black. I was talking to this black dude (or dude I thought was black) and he told me he wasnt black he was Hatian. He then explained to me the difference. Who said jail can't be educational.

I never saw any problems or violence in the tombs in the two times I was at the tombs or the one time I was in New Jersey holding awaiting arraignment. People in there aren't getting violent because they know that its nothing close to real prison.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 07:39 AM

The only prison I have been in is a Turkish prison.
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 08:09 AM

I have no idea why but whenever I read this thread's title, I crack up. I'm reminded of that episode of The Office where Michael Scott plays one of his numerous personnas, "Prison Mike" and basically makes up shit and tells the guys at the office how bad prison is and how lucky they have it there at the office compared to a prison.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: ItalianForever

Holding cell is not close. I made two trips to the tombs in my younger days. Both times in for about 36 hours. Its a joke, its basically a bull shit session. Its pretty interesting actually, a real melting pot in there.

It was in the tombs when I first learned that Hatians aren't black. I was talking to this black dude (or dude I thought was black) and he told me he wasnt black he was Hatian. He then explained to me the difference. Who said jail can't be educational.

I never saw any problems or violence in the tombs in the two times I was at the tombs or the one time I was in New Jersey holding awaiting arraignment. People in there aren't getting violent because they know that its nothing close to real prison.

You HAVE to tell me the explanation he gave you. And whether there was a strong rum smell coming from his mouth.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 11:16 AM

Interesting that you learned hatians weren't black. I learned something quite similar yet totally opposite. I learned that the ancient greeks and Romans were actually black. one of those jailhouse scholars schooled me on that. Of course he didn't know the difference between a greek and an Italian. When he heard I was greek, every time he saw me after that he would call me paizan and talk about mama's meatballs.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 12:21 PM

Holding cell is not close. I made two trips to the tombs in my younger days. Both times in for about 36 hours. Its a joke, its basically a bull shit session. Its pretty interesting actually, a real melting pot in there.

It was in the tombs when I first learned that Hatians aren't black. I was talking to this black dude (or dude I thought was black) and he told me he wasnt black he was Hatian. He then explained to me the difference. Who said jail can't be educational.

You HAVE to tell me the explanation he gave you. And whether there was a strong rum smell coming from his mouth.

I can't remember. I don't believe he went too in depth. Nor do I know or care whether its true. I was just more telling that story to emphasize the relatively cordial environment that existed when I was there.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: blacksheep
Interesting that you learned hatians weren't black. I learned something quite similar yet totally opposite. I learned that the ancient greeks and Romans were actually black. one of those jailhouse scholars schooled me on that. Of course he didn't know the difference between a greek and an Italian. When he heard I was greek, every time he saw me after that he would call me paizan and talk about mama's meatballs.

This is what I know about Haitians they come from a family back ground. Personally I like them as people. They had play soccer but don't actually know what offside is. Very friendly people and they don't hate whitey.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 12:51 PM

I'm cool with hatians. The kid who told me that shit about the ancient Europeans being black wasn't hatian. Just some pseudo intellectual jailhouse scholar who read 'black athena' one too many times

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 01:13 PM

@ItalianF &
@blacksheep,

You guys were locked up with Oswald Bates types of dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HebReKH82kE

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 01:17 PM

I used to get a flash of him when that guy was talking. Also that guy from boomerang.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 01:27 PM

@ItalianF &
@blacksheep,

You guys were locked up with Oswald Bates types of dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HebReKH82kE

HAHAH thats pretty good.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/01/15 03:37 PM

This is what I know about Haitians they come from a family back ground. Personally I like them as people. They had play soccer but don't actually know what offside is. Very friendly people and they don't hate whitey.

Why would we hate anybody with tiny hands?

Posted By: Garbageman

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/02/15 10:25 AM

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/KO4nyyhHqM0[/video]
My favorite jail scene ever.
When I self surrendered, I worked that day. When I got into my friend's truck to be delivered to the feds, I couldn't help myself... I did the Ray Liotta line; "Now take me to jail", only without popping the 2 valiums. She didn't laugh.
I met many good men there. A few assholes, not many. One evening in the visiting room, I'm having a nice visit, the guards would sometimes keep the TV's on (I don't know why, you could only hear the audio using the headsets) and I look up at the TV and there's a show on called American Greed. I don't watch TV, but I did in there occasionally. Next thing I know, I see a familiar face, it's the dude who bags the garbage in the kitchen with me. I only knew him as "so and so" from the kitchen. I wished I hadn't seen it. It was like invading someone's privacy. Others cackled or pointed fingers at the TV (fair share of yentas in there), I made like I never saw it and just kept treating him like the jerk-off I liked from the kitchen.
Posted By: spartan

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/20/15 09:40 PM

Which Turkish prison? For what?
Posted By: oldschool3

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 04/21/15 06:06 AM

Originally Posted By: spartan

Which Turkish prison? For what?

Do you guys like jerking each other off, or do you truly believe each other?
Posted By: donplugconnected

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 09/12/15 02:46 PM

i don't know about in any other state BUT here in ohio it is pretty corrupt. i've heard this story from someone who spent 13 years in he says " that they'd corrupt the guards and get anything they wanted including phones,drugs." i'm sure its like this all over but yea whatever. i've also heard that fighting is a must if you don't want to seem like a bitch in there. so yea don't let anyone punk you on the inside or anything else cause then you're fucked.
Posted By: BobbyPazzo

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 09/12/15 04:06 PM

Three years in jersey doc. Yardville and trenton state. Plus a county bid in Passaic county jail for 8 months and 120 days in Essex couty jail aka the green monster. If u can survive Passaic or Essex... U can live anywhere. Believe that.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 09/12/15 04:28 PM

I've been to a Turkish prison. Does that count?

..... oh wait I did that bit already.
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/18/16 07:58 AM

Just got out. Went from stateville, pinkyville, to Jacksonville cc. I took 3 and served 14 months. Aggravated battery to a merchant. Not everyone wants new machines. I'm still I'm idoc offender search till parole expires for those I know you can pm me and see how it looks to feel like a dumb ass. All cause I thought I could pick up some extra cash. Hardest thing in the world to be separated from your loved ones. Never again.
Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/18/16 11:48 AM

I was never stupid enough to break the law. I can understand why people may want to break unjust laws, like in Sharia law countries, but in most civilized countries there is no reason good enough for lawbreaking.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/18/16 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
I was never stupid enough to break the law. I can understand why people may want to break unjust laws, like in Sharia law countries, but in most civilized countries there is no reason good enough for lawbreaking.

#BlackLivesMatter

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/18/16 12:13 PM

To each his own ralphie... Everyone makes mistakes. I thought the street was cool coming up. As I matured and seen things for what they are i thought otherwise. Being away from my family and the things I did wore heavily on my conscience. I'm not proud of things I did but they made me a better man at the end of the day. Prison built character. It also showed me most of the motherfuckers I was surrounded with we're fucked up individuals and I wasn't programmed like them. I was more of a misguided young guy who fell in love with something that no longer exists. I don't know. This is a sensitive subject for me. I grew up around this shit so I didn't know any better. As time went on, my criminal behavior became worse and I was making some risky decisions. I've hurt people and I'm not proud. I don't sleep well. I Wasn't shit. Today I am. I'm a great father and man to my woman and family. I work. I've left it in the past. I've grown allot through my mistakes , pain , and pain I've caused.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/18/16 12:24 PM

[quote=pizzaboy]

Holding cell is not close. I made two trips to the tombs in my younger days. Both times in for about 36 hours. Its a joke, its basically a bull shit session. Its pretty interesting actually, a real melting pot in there. It was in the tombs when I first learned that Hatians aren't black. I was talking to this black dude (or dude I thought was black) and he told me he wasnt black he was Hatian. He then explained to me the difference. Who said jail can't be educational.

I kind of like Haitians they believe in the family structure.

Cool people most can play soccer they just don't know the offside rule.

A lot of prejudice between foreign blacks. The lighter shin blacks are prejudice against the darker skinned blacks in Brazil.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/18/16 12:35 PM

I have good friends in Orange, nj I was locked up with that are Haitian. Loyal but can be ruthless.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/18/16 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: alicecooper
when I'm eating at work and someone reaches over top of my food...they don't know how close they just came...

The little things people don't know. It could go down over something that simple. Talking over food, reaching over food, leaving hair in the sink after you shave in a dorm or even with your bunkie in a cell, not flushing the toilet when youre taking a shit as a courtesy flush... Shit will shake real quick.
Posted By: strococs

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 12:54 AM

the worst part of jail is having to be in close quarters with the negros thats the real punishment

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 02:53 AM

No the worst thing is the wasted time, the pain you family goes though, and the petty politics than govern most intuitions. The lying and posturing that goes on, even in the toughest joints the amount of telling that goes on is crazy, stupid shit that can get you sent to seg, having fresh onions and peppers, or having a fixed pot so you can cook. If someone don't like you or owe you they'll tell.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
No the worst thing is the wasted time, the pain you family goes though, and the petty politics than govern most intuitions. The lying and posturing that goes on, even in the toughest joints the amount of telling that goes on is crazy, stupid shit that can get you sent to seg, having fresh onions and peppers, or having a fixed pot so you can cook. If someone don't like you or owe you they'll tell.

You ain't lying. When I was in yardville this kid rented out his radio to the guy two cells down. Well the guy who rented it knew the kid was a duck so he told him he was beat. They don't sell radios down there no more either. So the kid throws hot water on him, slips on the water, gets his face smashed in, then tells the CO the guy stole his radio. Can't make this shit up.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 12:58 PM

And they don't supply you with hot water anymore either so you have to make a stinger out of the fan wire to heat up water for coffee and soups.
Posted By: Kash

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 02:08 PM

60 days for weed sale charge & 2 years for a fight where I kicked in a door to someone's apartment. Jail sucks. Supervision after jail is extremely frustrating as well. I had 5 years of paper time with 7 years of suspended sentence over my head to think about. The state prison system I was in was ran by affiliation. Being affiliated puts you higher up the food chain but also gets a laid back guy like me in shit that I had nothing to do with. End up in a fight/dispute b/c someone I'm aligned with did something stupid. A lot of times shit from other buildings spill over. Once, our dorm of 100 guys had a huge fight over a cell phone dispute in the other dorm in the same building. As long as your not a bitch and know how to carry yourself, you can make it but not everyone is cut out for it.

Funny story from jail: good behavior and classification got me able to land an "outside" job on a trash truck. You'd be amazed at the amount of beer people threw away. We had a cooler strapped to the back of the truck we kept beer in. One day we're working on some beers and a joint as we're doing the rout. Some fast food joint in town had a case of whipped cream cans (unused) in their dumpster. Me and the other guy are already pretty buzzed and he starts grabbing the cans hitting the aerosol like a whippet. We're riding the down the main strip in town as he's hitting the cans and he falls in the back of the truck. He's on his back laying in trash just laughing his ass off with a whipped cream can in his hand. I'm on the stand on the back of the truck pointing and laughing at him.
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 02:17 PM

in 2006 got caught with 500 Ecstasy pills on my way home from Philly, in camden county, New Jersey.. Got sentenced to a 4 flat. went to MYCF (Annandale) . after 6 months was released on ISP. 6 months later Violated ISP and went back up. 12 months later came out on parole. Violated parole again 10 months after that and then sat in county again for 4 more months until i maxed out. Dont sell or use drugs while on parole lol

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Kash
Funny story from jail: good behavior and classification got me able to land an "outside" job on a trash truck. You'd be amazed at the amount of beer people threw away. We had a cooler strapped to the back of the truck we kept beer in. One day we're working on some beers and a joint as we're doing the rout. Some fast food joint in town had a case of whipped cream cans (unused) in their dumpster. Me and the other guy are already pretty buzzed and he starts grabbing the cans hitting the aerosol like a whippet. We're riding the down the main strip in town as he's hitting the cans and he falls in the back of the truck. He's on his back laying in trash just laughing his ass off with a whipped cream can in his hand. I'm on the stand on the back of the truck pointing and laughing at him.

lol That's good material for a funny movie. Is it common for guys in jail to get a job on the outside while they're doing time? Do you guys have guards watching over you? I imagine there's some security, but you guys were able to get high lol. I can picture the warden saying, "You better be back home at 6!".

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
in 2006 got caught with 500 Ecstasy pills on my way home from Philly, in camden county, New Jersey.. Got sentenced to a 4 flat. went to MYCF (Annandale) . after 6 months was released on ISP. 6 months later Violated ISP and went back up. 12 months later came out on parole. Violated parole again 10 months after that and then sat in county again for 4 more months until i maxed out. Dont sell or use drugs while on parole lol

Goddamn..stop violating!!! lol

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 06:07 PM

I fucked up ISp too. But I completed parole. I was only on it from June 2014-sept 2014 and I was coming off a serious surgery I had while I was down so i wasn't doing much.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 06:34 PM

Stevie it's crazy because the way you did your time is almost exactly how I did mine as far as being broken up. I sat in Essex county newark for three months though after my ISP violation before the panel sent me back. Nowadays if you violate parole u go straight down on the first shipment from the county and u have your hearing in CRAF. For those of you who don't know what ISp is... Intense supervision program. Very strict. Curfew and I mean like 6pm to start. Call in nightly, random house visits, weekly check ins, crazy community service. You can violate for the slightest slip up. That's why In jersey we call it the "Inmate Setup Program"

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 07:40 PM

lol That's good material for a funny movie. Is it common for guys in jail to get a job on the outside while they're doing time? Do you guys have guards watching over you? I imagine there's some security, but you guys were able to get high lol. I can picture the warden saying, "You better be back home at 6!".

Very common. You've never seen prisoners picking up trash or cutting grass? There are certain requirements. I think you have to be down to 10 years or less with good health and no current disciplinary issues. No guards at all. You're boss picks you up in the morning and drops you off at the prison after work. The guards at the prison search the shit out of you when you get back.

It's a serious cat and mouse game. That outside time helps you come into contact with way more contraband and also money. Plus if you get in good with your boss, he'll bend the rules for you. My boss always let me do whatever and would get me food any time I wanted it.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 07:44 PM

You know how there are toilets in cells? And people have to share cells?

How do you guys tolerate the smell? And sleep with it?

Are you allowed air fresheners or Febreze?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 08:13 PM

It's a serious cat and mouse game. That outside time helps you come into contact with way more contraband and also money. Plus if you get in good with your boss, he'll bend the rules for you. My boss always let me do whatever and would get me food any time I wanted it.

Damn, I didn't know certain prisoners could move so freely. Did you ever get bothered by the other prisoners about those privileges?

You've never seen prisoners picking up trash or cutting grass?

I grew up in Beverly Hills.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 08:28 PM

You know how there are toilets in cells? And people have to share cells?

How do you guys tolerate the smell? And sleep with it?

Are you allowed air fresheners or Febreze?

Hey moe you wanna hear some fucked up reality of prison? When you're in lockup (ad-seg) you wash your laundry in the toilet. This is a fact.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 08:36 PM

I would not be able to share a cell. I'd need my own cell. No way I'm listening to a 300 pound Samoan snoring for ten years.
Posted By: kingoflittlenewyork

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 08:52 PM

Had an aunt die in jail. Dad was in from the time I was 12-18, so that had some draw backs being that you kinda need your father at that age. I've been arrested 3 times and may have spent 5hrs total in an empty holding cell.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 09:19 PM

I'm a NJ ISP graduate haha fuck that shit. Camden county, my officers were Joe P, stu and Arlene. It is possible to graduate but unlikely if you don't conform lol. I got away with murder but I think I got lucky. I have been on Camden County, Yardville, Bordentown, Craf and Southwoods. Jail sucks but you gotta pay to play. If I ever go down again it will probably be federal, I don't have time for the local smokies lol

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 09:21 PM

I was also on a work detail for a few months in Yardville. The detail was called clean shore, we would leave the prison and take a bus to places in central and north jersey and clean up drift wood and trash. I could have just walked away and had someone pick me up several times but it wasn't worth it. the cop who drove the bus and ran it was ok and we got real food which made it ok, one day I found booze and got drunk off warm beer and cheap vodka some kids probably had stashed lol

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 09:53 PM

Only 2 days count on your sentence the day you come down and the day you leave. The time in between is just I don't know how to explain it, it just felt like I did 2 days. I seen some guys lose it though. When I went to pinkyville there was a just who smeared his shit on the way just to get moved to dixon(psych joint). It takes its toll on some guys, I seen guards and IA place guys with gambling debts on the same wing with the guy they owe cause he tried to claim him as an enemy over a debt, they hate that shit.
Posted By: Jhype11

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 10:34 PM

Any of you ever seen some naive kid try to take out "the biggest guy in the yard" who thought it would be a good idea to assert his dominance?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Jhype11
Any of you ever seen some naive kid try to take out "the biggest guy in the yard" who thought it would be a good idea to assert his dominance?

That's what Feech LaManna did. It was one of the very few scenes in the Sopranos where I cringed.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 11:18 PM

That shit don't work, you can tell if someone is gonna stick up for themselves or not. A lot of guys who pray on the weak in there get into situations themselves.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/19/16 11:35 PM

This thread is fascinating. Any of you guys do time with made guys or connected guys? Do they get treated different or do inmates even give a shit who's who in there?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/20/16 12:29 AM

How much did you guys spend a month in there. Shoes,food,gambling, and all the other shit. I was 400 a month spent 800 my first shop.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/20/16 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: BobbyPazzo

You ain't lying. When I was in yardville this kid rented out his radio to the guy two cells down. Well the guy who rented it knew the kid was a duck so he told him he was beat. They don't sell radios down there no more either. So the kid throws hot water on him, slips on the water, gets his face smashed in, then tellsthe CO the guy stole his radio. Can't make this shit up.

Hot water and baby oil. Holy shit that will fuck someone up.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/20/16 07:31 AM

You ain't lying. When I was in yardville this kid rented out his radio to the guy two cells down. Well the guy who rented it knew the kid was a duck so he told him he was beat. They don't sell radios down there no more either. So the kid throws hot water on him, slips on the water, gets his face smashed in, then tellsthe CO the guy stole his radio. Can't make this shit up.

Hot water and baby oil. Holy shit that will fuck someone up.

Lose a layer of skin. Seen it. In yardville on east house where I was housed. Davino (co) and rispoli would play poker for commissry. Now it's 23 and 1 these days down there( I say down because I'm from up north jersey) so they would let you out to play. I've seen guys make their bid a nightmare because they got into debt with those guys. Davino will walk up to you when you're walking in from yard and tell you there's a shank in your cell, you have five minutes to find it or you're going to lock up. You ain't finding that shit. I would blow out my power in my cell sometimes if me and my bunkie both had our tv on and were using the stinger to heat up water or had the light on at the same time. They would charge us a dollar (commisary equivalent) to put it back on. They would then use it to gamble or have their tool/slave cook them dinner on the tier. There's no more mess hall anymore in yardville, no more big yard after the riot, I say it's 23 and 1 because aside from yard every other day (about) gym in the winter , or if you take a program or have a Job, you're in youre cell all hours except for one and u gotta use the phone, shower, and if it's friday before visit get your haircut. They only let out 8 cells at a time. As far as wise guys. No wise guys in yardville. When I got surgery I was down trenton state in the infirmary. I was there for almost 9 months after I violated ISp and spent three months in Essex county before I got sent back down. I got sick in craf and got rushed to the hospital (st Francis Trenton) and had two emergency surgeries. My recovery was in trenton state. You gotta have 20 years or better and it's mostly lifers. Well marty taccetta is down there serving life.mi know him from meeting him when he was home for those few years before he got sent back again. People respect him. He's a known killer. But don't think for one minute that a gang member won't put his hands on a made guy without thinking. State prison in jersey is run by the bloods. Now there's aliances of course but 793 ( jerseys version of 93 of the UBN) and there leader Duke from newark are probably the most powerful blood set. Duke is down trenton and loves marty. Marty's from NewarkI too and duke respects the old timer. Sex money murder, brick city brim , grape street crip....they got it in the jersey prisons. Aryians don't even count in jersey. One of the only states you will see that. And by the way, I worked out with two black guys and a puerto Rican from newark (I'm an Italian American from paterson originally, now I live right outside north newark in bloomfield with my family) color was not an issue from my experience. If you clicked you clicked. Even crazier, one black kid was 793 and so was the Puerto Rican and the other black kid was grape st. I mean they were loyal to their sets but there's such a thing as friendship ya know? I was very sick while I was down trenton. I had an open wound so I coudknt leave my cell (hospital bed, tv, but a cell nonetheless) they have fucking direct tv down there as opposed to like 17 channels in yardville. I had four espns, philly and New York/jersey news channels, pretty much every thing. And the guys who worked the infirmary were all so helpful in my recovery. Plus there's a kitchen on the infirmary tier...I ate very well. Fuck prison though man. Like I said. It's my past. But it'll never leave me. I csnt speak on FED prisons aside from what I've been told and the short time i spent being house in Essex county fed tier. I had an open case whilemimwas down prison and would come up for a long weekend for court. They would house state and fed inmates awaiting trial together.
Posted By: CabriniGreen

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/20/16 08:57 AM

@Bobby

Great post man, this is the type of stuff I always expected to see on here, not getting the shaft cause you don't have a damn internet link or something for everything you say, or pulling it off a LE website.... Good shit, and great to see you left that in the past man, in the streets real recognize real..

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/20/16 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@Bobby

Great post man, this is the type of stuff I always expected to see on here, not getting the shaft cause you don't have a damn internet link or something for everything you say, or pulling it off a LE website.... Good shit, and great to see you left that in the past man, in the streets real recognize real..

You already know brother

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/20/16 02:18 PM

Feds have a strict commissary limit. Think it was 400 max per month. OTC stuff didn't count towards your limit. You're given a re-up date where your allowance resets. I was booked in on the 9th and my re-up date was the 15th,so I had almost everything I needed within the first week. I saw some guys who went the first month in orange slippers waiting to get shoes. Where I was, Otisville FCI camp was a joke. Other than being watched by COs and being taken from your family, it was a fuckin blast. I laughed a lot, snuk cigarettes, chewing tobacco had shrimp cocktail, cold cuts, fresh bread cheeses and kick ass kapuss (Russian sour kraut dish) the Russians smuggled everything in. DVDs, food, bitches lol.
I didn't want to move to the main dorm because the big dorm was so much fun. 20 guys jammed into a room 25 x 20 with two shitters. Nice private shitters too, with real doors and sinks. And 1 private shower tucked in the corner of the room, separate from the shitters. The doors on the shitters had no locks, so the first thing you were taught upon arrival was to A. Knock on the fuckin door before entering the bathroom and B. Spray the seat with anti MRSA spray. This big 20 man dorm was in the administration building. We had offices, a library, the computers, visiting room and a learning center in that building. Last but not least, our building held the "shul" or the Jewish chapel. Otisville camp had 118 men, over half were Jewish, 4 rabbi inmates too. They would always come over to the dorm to use the bathrooms, we hated it because a lot of them just pissed all over the place, pigs. So we would fuck with them all the time. They'd walk towards a particular bathroom and we'd say, "you're clear, go ahead in" and they'd walk in on some other jew wiping his ass. Once, we had a gasket break on the faucet. It sprayed you right in the dick if you turned on the water. Sometimes we'd get a guy with the "no one's in there schtick" then they'd get dicked with water on the way out. We'd all be hysterical all day long. Fucking with people definitely made the time fly.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/20/16 02:24 PM

Why did Otisville camp have so many Jewish inmates?
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/20/16 02:33 PM

Lots of pyramid schemes in Otisville.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/20/16 02:44 PM

Why did Otisville camp have so many Jewish inmates?
over the years, Otisville has slowly become the place for Hacidic's / safardic or orthodox Jews. It's close to Brooklyn, so visits are easy. And after Solomon Dwek got done with his ratting, Jews overflowed into Otisville. It's great because every Friday & Saturday is Shabbas and we all got to eat fresh bread and foods brought up from Brooklyn.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/20/16 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Lots of pyramid schemes in Otisville.

Couple inmates in there now have scammed other inmates. What's huge is the no limit poker going on. While I was there one guy went home with 30 grand. The Russians had to bring the money to his father in New England

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/24/16 12:49 AM

@ Bobby Pazzo
Great post. I was in Yardville too and you speak the truth. I will never forget the summer of 2010, locked up 23 and 1 from the spring till the fall and days it was like 100 degrees and they would jerk us for Rec every other day. I used to day dream about finding some of those COs when I got out and hurting them. Definitely the darkest time in my life, that was worse then CRAF. My bunkie was a 18 year old black kid from Camden who I was in county and Craf with already. Half my bid this kid is just always on my tier one way or the other. Anyway we get all the way to the vile and of course somehow he ends up being my bunkie in west house or wherever it is when you first get there. He was a real clown and we were in there straight bleeding all summer, no canteen, nothing, hot as fuck, 23 and 1, we don't know nobody, etc etc... One day I was literally starving and he said some fly shit to me while we were eating breakfast. He asked me why I ate like a dog or some shit. I just snapped and attacked him. I was beating him pretty good and then I smacked my head or something, don't really know what happened. I am thinking I'm gonna die locked in this fucking fake ass college dorm from hell hahaha. I found the strength and ended up just fucking this kid up, he gave up and copped out. After that we spent about a month straight locked in 23-1 without speaking one word to each other. Great times

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/24/16 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
@ Bobby Pazzo
Great post. I was in Yardville too and you speak the truth. I will never forget the summer of 2010, locked up 23 and 1 from the spring till the fall and days it was like 100 degrees and they would jerk us for Rec every other day. I used to day dream about finding some of those COs when I got out and hurting them. Definitely the darkest time in my life, that was worse then CRAF. My bunkie was a 18 year old black kid from Camden who I was in county and Craf with already. Half my bid this kid is just always on my tier one way or the other. Anyway we get all the way to the vile and of course somehow he ends up being my bunkie in west house or wherever it is when you first get there. He was a real clown and we were in there straight bleeding all summer, no canteen, nothing, hot as fuck, 23 and 1, we don't know nobody, etc etc... One day I was literally starving and he said some fly shit to me while we were eating breakfast. He asked me why I ate like a dog or some shit. I just snapped and attacked him. I was beating him pretty good and then I smacked my head or something, don't really know what happened. I am thinking I'm gonna die locked in this fucking fake ass college dorm from hell hahaha. I found the strength and ended up just fucking this kid up, he gave up and copped out. After that we spent about a month straight locked in 23-1 without speaking one word to each other. Great times

It's crazy because you thank god that you finally get out of craf and that you're going to your prison and then you get to west 2 and it's worse than craf. One of the worst things that I couldn't stand was after night yard or the night gym they wouldn't let you take a shower after. How the fuck you gonna expect me to work out, sweat my ass off, then go straight into my hut and lay in my sheets and shit? Fucking treated us like animals. I got lucky though.... My bunkie of west 2 was cool and then my bunkie on east 2 was someone I considered a brother. Latin king from long branch. He was down on a 5 flat for eluding. He wiped the dust off that shit because he had cancers when he was young and when he got paroled to the half way house he found out it came back. So he just ran and said fuck it. He ended up being ok and beat it again when he came back which is where we ran into each other. Guy went from Annandale to southern state where johnny perna's at now(best spot in jersey) to northern state lockup ( hell) to yardville. When he came to the ville he's told me felt like he could breathe again. I'm like are you serious motherfucker this place is terrible. But he liked it better because it was so locked down he could just do his time quietly. Annandale and southern are the only two spots that aren't cells in New Jersey and because of his gang affiliation and the Kings being outnumbered by crips and bloods, he was always in some shit. Great guy. I had a lot of respect for him and how he carried himself. He was someone I could talk to and be myself to and when you're in a cell for that many hours a day with a person that is huge. You get a bad bunkie... You could be in lockup before your first meal. Glad to hear you made it back to the bricks alright brother. Be easy on em.
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/24/16 10:32 AM

Question I always pondered with guys I grew up with I would see get out with huge muscles and another perfect example that everyone on here knows, Joey Merlino coming out jacked- how do some guys come out so big from weight lifting? I can't imagine having access to the right proteins and supplements? I also can't imagine the workout yard having an abundance of weights and the incarcerated individual having enough time in the yard to get that big??

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/24/16 10:34 AM

Also heard Borgesi came out jacked too for what it's worth .....
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/24/16 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Question I always pondered with guys I grew up with I would see get out with huge muscles and another perfect example that everyone on here knows, Joey Merlino coming out jacked- how do some guys come out so big from weight lifting? I can't imagine having access to the right proteins and supplements? I also can't imagine the workout yard having an abundance of weights and the incarcerated individual having enough time in the yard to get that big??

If you can get drugs in jail, why wouldn't they be able to smuggle supplements or even roids?

But I also have an alternative theory about this, which doesn't have any scientific basis mind you.
If someone is locked up in prison, especially in notorious ones like San Quentin and the likes, and there is always a threatening atmosphere and guys are constantly on high alert, the body makes more testosterone to increase the chances at survival.

And we all know when someone lifts weights with increased testosterone, they get way more jacked in a lot less time.
Just my 2 cents..
Posted By: CTamg63

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/24/16 12:45 PM

If you have money you can get protein shakes from commissary at least here in Connecticut and plenty of other food items that make for a good source a protein and once your actually in prison and not in the county your usually going to get a couple recreation periods a day that last for 2 to 3 hours each so plenty of time to work out daily combine that with all the rest and sleep you can possibly need and you can basically eat whenever so if you wanna get huge you can definitely accomplish that
Posted By: CTamg63

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/24/16 12:48 PM

I knew a few guys that had some roids brought in but that was only on one occasion I knew of and it was only a couple guys I never felt the need to wanna try something like that especially in prison and I'm sure most guys feel the same way

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/24/16 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

There's no weights in yardville, Annandale, or border town anymore nor in the counties. Only bars. But u can buy ensure, u eat large amounts of tuna, mackerel, and foods high in protein. I came out in great shape but more because I really put in serious work.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/24/16 04:24 PM

There's still weights in Adult spots (the ones I mentioned are 30 and under)

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/24/16 06:46 PM

Bobby Pazzo-

What did u do for your routine? Mainly push-ups , sit ups, dips, etc? Just curious because I had two guys I grew up with recently come out of the can and they are beyond JACKED!!

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/26/16 02:34 PM

Stevie it's crazy because the way you did your time is almost exactly how I did mine as far as being broken up. I sat in Essex county newark for three months though after my ISP violation before the panel sent me back. Nowadays if you violate parole u go straight down on the first shipment from the county and u have your hearing in CRAF. For those of you who don't know what ISp is... Intense supervision program. Very strict. Curfew and I mean like 6pm to start. Call in nightly, random house visits, weekly check ins, crazy community service. You can violate for the slightest slip up. That's why In jersey we call it the "Inmate Setup Program"

Oh hell yea when i voilated isp i sat in county about 3 months exactly before going back to craf.. I just wanted to go back to Annandale lol only thing i liked about county was it was close to home.. I wish i could of went to another nice county jail. like burlington or gloucester county is so much nicer then camden. atleast thats what ive been told. I was in a holding cell in burlington county when i got released on isp thats where the court date was..

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/26/16 02:39 PM

Damn, I didn't know certain prisoners could move so freely. Did you ever get bothered by the other prisoners about those privileges?

Damn Ralphie you live in Beverly hills? shiittt im about to come out there an check you out. I hear yall be having it out there. I wanna mingle with the rich folk. I got some stories that would blow yall away yall would eat that shit up lol. But for real im tryin to get a plug into beverly hills or like calabasas and all them rich areas out cali lol

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/26/16 02:44 PM

I'm a NJ ISP graduate haha fuck that shit. Camden county, my officers were Joe P, stu and Arlene. It is possible to graduate but unlikely if you don't conform lol. I got away with murder but I think I got lucky. I have been on Camden County, Yardville, Bordentown, Craf and Southwoods. Jail sucks but you gotta pay to play. If I ever go down again it will probably be federal, I don't have time for the local smokies lol

Yea i knew a couple people that graduated but that was back when i was selling oxys and doing them and i remember i would always have clean pee in my bathroom for when they would stop by n test me lol.. i had this old guy Bob that was about to retire and then there was this young dude kevin.. man i went in to report one day and Bob and kevin were not there only this lady officer. so when i went to pee she made me empty my pockets and wouldnt let me bring anything in bathroom. well on my keychain i had this little pill holder thing and i had 5 oxy 80s and 2 xanax bars and when i came out bathroom she looked at me and was like "what are these" and dumped em on her desk.. i was pissed they locked me up on spot and after few months in camden county they kicked me off the program.. i was pissed but then after all was said and done i was like whatever. cause after violating i went back up for 10 months and then came out on parole but violated parole few months later and had to max out couple months in county but it could of been a lot worse . but ive only been to camden county, craf , and MYCF aka annandale. both times i went up they sent me there.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/26/16 02:46 PM

shit in Annandale i had to wake up like 4 am every day and we would go out and milk the cows every morning. it was a bitch but it paid $5 a day which was a lot more then any other job.. and it was definetly kinda fun being outside like that working really helped time pass

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/26/16 02:46 PM

All the milk in the NJ prison system would come from Annandale Farms where i was at lol so my job was important haha

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/26/16 03:08 PM

Damn Ralphie you live in Beverly hills? shiittt im about to come out there an check you out. I hear yall be having it out there. I wanna mingle with the rich folk. I got some stories that would blow yall away yall would eat that shit up lol. But for real im tryin to get a plug into beverly hills or like calabasas and all them rich areas out cali lol

It's a great place to live, but there's a lot of phony people in this town, a lot of fame seekers and people who will do pretty much everything to keep living the lifestyle they're living. Beverly Hills is EXTREMELY expensive. $2 million will get you a shack around here. Calabasas is much cheaper though. That's like the ghetto to us lol.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/26/16 07:03 PM

Damn Stevie i hope you weren't fucking them greyhounds in Annandale!!!
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/27/16 04:13 AM

Yea i knew a couple people that graduated but that was back when i was selling oxys and doing them and i remember i would always have clean pee in my bathroom for when they would stop by n test me lol.. i had this old guy Bob that was about to retire and then there was this young dude kevin.. man i went in to report one day and Bob and kevin were not there only this lady officer. so when i went to pee she made me empty my pockets and wouldnt let me bring anything in bathroom. well on my keychain i had this little pill holder thing and i had 5 oxy 80s and 2 xanax bars and when i came out bathroom she looked at me and was like "what are these" and dumped em on her desk.. i was pissed they locked me up on spot and after few months in camden county they kicked me off the program.. i was pissed but then after all was said and done i was like whatever. cause after violating i went back up for 10 months and then came out on parole but violated parole few months later and had to max out couple months in county but it could of been a lot worse . but ive only been to camden county, craf , and MYCF aka annandale. both times i went up they sent me there.

Only person you should be pissed at should be yourself to be dumb enough to bring pills into your probation office...I mean come on.

You couldn't have left them in the car? Your arrogance got you 10 months pal! lol

OC 80 and xanax bars...what a combination!

I have known too many people to die from oxy and bars or dope and bars

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/27/16 04:36 AM

Relax. Shit happens. You spend a lot of time on here judging people.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/27/16 04:37 AM

He shared his story. I'm sure he knows it wasn't the smartest. No need to kill him now.
Posted By: MrWilliams

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/27/16 07:12 PM

Not to barge in on the discussion here but I had a question for those who have done time in prison.

Whats daily life like in in a minimum or medium security institution vs. a maximum one?

I ask because all the stories you read about anywhere seem to be focused on what it's like to do 10 years in a maximum security prision for a crime like armed robbery.

Therefore, I wonder what the experience is like for say a white collar professional who has been convicted of cheating on his taxes and is now doing 5 years in a Federal minimum security prison camp somewhere?

Thank you for your replies btw!
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/28/16 04:13 AM

[quote=Kash]It's a serious cat and mouse game. That outside time helps you come into contact with way more contraband and also money. Plus if you get in good with your boss, he'll bend the rules for you. My boss always let me do whatever and would get me food any time I wanted it.

Damn Ralphie you live in Beverly hills? shiittt im about to come out there an check you out. I hear yall be having it out there. I wanna mingle with the rich folk. I got some stories that would blow yall away yall would eat that shit up lol. But for real im tryin to get a plug into beverly hills or like calabasas and all them rich areas out cali lol [/quot

Lol I live and grew up like 10 minutes away from calabasas.. Tell you one thing.. Their residents love the blue 30s and the z bars!! And got millions to spend haha

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/28/16 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By: MrWilliams
Not to barge in on the discussion here but I had a question for those who have done time in prison.

Whats daily life like in in a minimum or medium security institution vs. a maximum one?

I ask because all the stories you read about anywhere seem to be focused on what it's like to do 10 years in a maximum security prision for a crime like armed robbery.

Therefore, I wonder what the experience is like for say a white collar professional who has been convicted of cheating on his taxes and is now doing 5 years in a Federal minimum security prison camp somewhere?

I did my 7 months in Otisville Camp. 120 men. There were guys in there for drugs, mob related scams but not made guys and white collar guys. An eclectic mix. Topped off with 75 of those 120 men being Jewish. Like... The real Jews. The white collar guys are shocked to see the automatic segregation of race/nationality. If they are smart asses, they learn fast to keep it amongst their own kind. We had several billionaires in 2014-15. One young kid was the son of a famous worldwide art dealer, another was a former Bill & Hillary Clinton advisor who raised millions for them. Most white collar guys were quiet, did their time, stayed with their own kind. Just like the drug guys, Dr's, lawyers & con men. Here's a blog written by a guy who was in otisville with me. We nicknamed him larry noodles. He was one funny son of a gun. He was sent away for mortgage fraud, I think he was innocent, but that's besides the point. His website is extremely entertaining and frequently updated. Describes the inside of camp life to a T, with a Jewish twist.

[url=Http://www.larrynoodles.com][url=Http://www.larrynoodles.com][url=Http://www.larrynoodles.com]Http://www.larrynoodles.com[/url][/url][/url] larry noodles

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/16 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

Only person you should be pissed at should be yourself to be dumb enough to bring pills into your probation office...I mean come on.

You couldn't have left them in the car? Your arrogance got you 10 months pal! lol

OC 80 and xanax bars...what a combination!

I have known too many people to die from oxy and bars or dope and bars

I honestly didnt even think about it when i went in. and i took the bus and i was just trying to get in and out.. Never did they ever make me empty my pockets. my officer was a guy. If i would of went an hour earlier my officer would of been there and it would of been business as usual. But i did my time and didnt complain... and yea the oc and bars were my thing back then plus i was selling them at the time but when i moved out of jersey i stopped selling them and got on methadone and did that for 5 years. Been clean a while now!!

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/16 01:08 PM

Damn Stevie i hope you weren't fucking them greyhounds in Annandale!!!

Haha not me buddy definetly not me. I worked in the kitchen first but the other job just kept me busy longer and away from all the drama

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/16 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
[quote=Kash]It's a serious cat and mouse game. That outside time helps you come into contact with way more contraband and also money. Plus if you get in good with your boss, he'll bend the rules for you. My boss always let me do whatever and would get me food any time I wanted it.

Damn Ralphie you live in Beverly hills? shiittt im about to come out there an check you out. I hear yall be having it out there. I wanna mingle with the rich folk. I got some stories that would blow yall away yall would eat that shit up lol. But for real im tryin to get a plug into beverly hills or like calabasas and all them rich areas out cali lol [/quot

Lol I live and grew up like 10 minutes away from calabasas.. Tell you one thing.. Their residents love the blue 30s and the z bars!! And got millions to spend haha

Shit forreal DSBALLO??? I am about to fly out and check you out.. we could take over that rich town. we can sell to the jenners and kardashians lmao

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/16 01:16 PM

Baltimore city booking is pretty bad too. Old and dirty as hell. Plus all the other white boys claim that dumb ass Dead man inc gang.. fuckin cowards were just scared of black people.. all white boys in maryland were raised as racist rednecks but they dress and act black and have the tats all over but deep down they are some scared clowns man. In maryland i was in Baltimore city booking and anne arundel county jail on Jennifer lane in annapolis.. I grew up with a lot of african american friends so a lot of other white guys would hate on me cause i was cool with the muslims and BGF n all.

Shit im in Denver now and my jail days are far behind me.. unless i go back to maryland and take care of these warrants but im gonna make sure i have money to bail out when i take care of it.. Best part is ive had my name ran by Denver police and they said they want no parts of sending me back to maryland

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/16 01:25 PM

As far as day to day the biggest difference is the atmosphere. You're always going to have people smoking weed, drinking, on pills, gambling, tattooing, etc... In either setting. In a minimum security everyone has sweet privileges they've earned via not getting popped. There is a little more jawing and a lot more sit down type situations with guys who are in organizations because end of the day, no one wants to fight and lose what they got going. You still say fuck it sometimes. At the max places I was at there was no jawing at all. One smart ass comment could turn into a fight and into a war on the compound in a second. Inter organization discipline was much more strict as a means to keep the piece. And by that I mean if you hit out of line, your own group would physically check you ASAP. My first day at max there was a fight that was a bloodbath but since it was 2 organization guys vs a guy who wasn't with anyone, it was over as soon as it was over. I actually preferred the day to day at the max. There was a lot more respect because everyone knew what could happen in a second. That said, sometimes the living on high alert, sleeping in boots laced up, etc... gets taxing mentally.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/16 02:07 PM

As far as day to day the biggest difference is the atmosphere. You're always going to have people smoking weed, drinking, on pills, gambling, tattooing, etc... In either setting. In a minimum security everyone has sweet privileges they've earned via not getting popped. There is a little more jawing and a lot more sit down type situations with guys who are in organizations because end of the day, no one wants to fight and lose what they got going. You still say fuck it sometimes. At the max places I was at there was no jawing at all. One smart ass comment could turn into a fight and into a war on the compound in a second. Inter organization discipline was much more strict as a means to keep the piece. And by that I mean if you hit out of line, your own group would physically check you ASAP. My first day at max there was a fight that was a bloodbath but since it was 2 organization guys vs a guy who wasn't with anyone, it was over as soon as it was over. I actually preferred the day to day at the max. There was a lot more respect because everyone knew what could happen in a second. That said, sometimes the living on high alert, sleeping in boots laced up, etc... gets taxing mentally.

Truth

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 11/12/16 04:55 PM

documentary about Rikers Island airing this week on PBS

Nov. 15
trailer

https://vimeo.com/185824281
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 11/12/16 05:24 PM

Gonna have to catch that, Gets. Have you ever seen the "Incarcerated Scarfaces" documentary?

Link just in case
https://vimeo.com/5382326

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 11/12/16 05:29 PM

Thanks,Rollin.
Posted By: JoeyRuks

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 11/13/16 04:09 AM

Sure I have.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 11/14/16 12:16 AM

I tried to set it to record but was told I must subscribe to see it. Will keep trying.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 11/15/16 09:08 PM

tonight on pbs 10 pm local time...

synopsis of doc.

Some are guilty. Some are innocent. Of the more than 7,500 people detained at Rikers Island on any given day, almost 80% have not yet been found guilty or innocent of the charges they face. All are at risk in the pervasive culture of violence that forces people to come to terms with what they must do for their own survival. RIKERS, a riveting new documentary from Bill Moyers, brings you face to face with men and women who have endured incarceration at Rikers Island. Their stories, told direct to camera, vividly describe the cruel arc of the Rikers experience—from the shock of entry, to the extortion and control exercised by other inmates, the oppressive interaction with corrections officers, the beatings and stabbings, the torture of solitary confinement and the many challenges of returning to the outside world. Rikers Island is New York City’s largest jail. It has also been ranked as one of the ten worst jails in America. So, says journalist Bill Moyers, if you want to understand the country’s incarceration crisis, start at the island jail in New York’s East River—just across the water from the main runway at LaGuardia Airport and within sight of the Empire State Building.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 11/15/16 09:17 PM

I've been to a Turkish pri.....

Wait, I already did that one.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 11/20/16 01:00 PM

I'd like to know, from people who have been locked up... How much would you charge someone to serve their sentence for them?
County
State
Federal
Medium security facilities only. No supermax and no camps.
I'd start my bidding at 1 million a year plus commissary.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 02/07/17 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: RollinBones
Gonna have to catch that, Gets. Have you ever seen the "Incarcerated Scarfaces" documentary?

Link just in case
https://vimeo.com/5382326

Rollin,

Meant to thank you for this. I saw the title and thought it was something I'd watched before but it wasn't. I enjoyed this one more than the PBS one. PBS one was trying to promote safer conditions in jail(which I agree with) but they were trying to portray the people talking as innocent victims.

The Asian guy that they show in the beginning was the shooter in a notorious incident that happened years ago when the novelty rapper Jin(RuffRyders) and his man were shot at(his man died).

The Incarcerated Scarface doc. had some notorious street dudes on there that I recognize from other street dvds....no angels or boyscouts among them.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 02/07/17 09:02 PM

Question to anybody who had friend or family member who is inside.

When did state D.O.C.s stop accepting usps money orders sent to inmates? My late friend R.'s mom, raised me almost like a son. I'm checking in on her and one of her grandkids is inside. Never liked R's sister, the inmate's mom but as a favor to her I go to post office, and buy/send the M.O.

I stop by there last weekend, and she said it was sent back. There's a third party that handles money sent to corrections.
WHAT the F kind of nonsense is this. Same company does it for most states.

Some financial institution lobbied to get what has to be a LUCRATIVE contract. Processing "money on books" for inmates.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 02/07/17 09:51 PM

Gets, glad you liked that doc. You're definitely right about some of those guys being real heavy, especially Pistol Pete and apparently Shea Davis has been extorting guys for a long time. I agree about the perspective in the PBS doc, they did go a little far trying to paint the guys in a nicer light but most of them were straight up goons.

As for your problem with the money orders, that's just another manifestation of the prison system becoming more and more for-profit. I guess you have to go on the DOC website of whichever state they're locked up in and pay the inevitable extra fee. As we know most people who end up locked up come from poor backgrounds, and to stick a hand in their pockets for this of all things is truly criminal.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 02/08/17 04:58 AM

Rollin,

Best part of the I.S. doc. was when these FEARED street guys all said that EVERYBODY gets tested inside.No fairy tales of just mind your business and you can do your time with no problems. Dudes always say in these types of dvds that Rikers is WORSE than the actual prisons they go to later.

Nobody can tell a story quite like NY jail dudes.Too bad all these ex jail guys try to be rappers.Pete should have been a radio show host after coming home..he gives good interviews. He's a monster though.

About the system, though...you're absolutely right.

CANNOT MAKE THIS STUFF UP

JPAY is the company that handles funds to inmates now
link shows map of facilities they handle

https://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx

Jersey, for once is trying to dismantle this prison industrial system though. Just enacted laws that all but eliminates bail.

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/new-bai...rsey-1.12842087

The pbs doc. made the point about Riker's being mostly filled with guys who can't afford bail while waiting for trial.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 02/08/17 07:15 PM

News segment about JPAY

Posted By: M_Martino

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 02/09/17 06:56 PM

Baltimore city booking is pretty bad too. Old and dirty as hell. Plus all the other white boys claim that dumb ass Dead man inc gang.. fuckin cowards were just scared of black people.. all white boys in maryland were raised as racist rednecks but they dress and act black and have the tats all over but deep down they are some scared clowns man. In maryland i was in Baltimore city booking and anne arundel county jail on Jennifer lane in annapolis.. I grew up with a lot of african american friends so a lot of other white guys would hate on me cause i was cool with the muslims and BGF n all.

You speak the truth, brother. Your description of the white boys is dead on lmao. What part of Baltimore are you from?

I moved out to LA years ago and never looked back. Being Italian-American in Baltimore was a trip too cause there weren't many of us unlike up in Philly & NY/NJ. I clicked with Black people way more growing up. White people are something else there - no ethnicity, no culture, besides the Jews in Northwest and a few Greeks here and there.
Posted By: americafyeah

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 02/09/17 10:42 PM

Gets, glad you liked that doc. You're definitely right about some of those guys being real heavy, especially Pistol Pete and apparently Shea Davis has been extorting guys for a long time.

shea davis is a good friend of mine. care to elaborate?

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 02/13/17 12:35 AM

Kalief Browder Story airs on Spike tv on March 1

In a nutshell.....Browder picked up as suspect for robbery at 16....case comes to trial THREE YEARS LATER and is dismissed. He spent 3 years on Rikers Island waiting for court date for a crime that he did NOT commit. Refused plea deals because he was innocent.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/13/17 09:14 PM

Kalief Browder series is pretty good. story is more complicated than I thought.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/15/17 11:58 PM

Female C.O. caught on camera kissing inmate, resigns.

http://pix11.com/2017/03/13/exclusive-rikers-island-captain-caught-on-video-kissing-inmate-resigns/

Quote:
NEW YORK — A Department of Corrections veteran captain has resigned after video surfaced showing her kissing an inmate inside what appears to be a Rikers Island jail cell.

In the exclusive cellphone video obtained by PIX11 News, sources say, Capt. Shantay Dash walks by an inmate's cell inside the RNDC complex. The two begin a conversation and suddenly Dash is seen leaning in for what appears to be a kiss.

"What the heck?" Dash yells after the kiss.

However, right after that, the two exchange a high five.

Sources told PIX11 the inmate appeared to record the entire incident on a contraband cellphone that was hidden inside his cell.

Dash was not at her Brooklyn home when PIX11 visited Monday, the same day the Department of Corrections said she resigned from the job, just shy of her 10-year anniversary, meaning she receives no pension. Dash also walked away from an $80,000 salary.

A few weeks ago, PIX11 was granted access inside Rikers Island, which is undergoing a massive 14-point reform plan. Commissioner Joe Ponte discussed at length the topic of inmate-staff relationships.

"They develop relationships that are unhealthy," Ponte said. "They get staff — again, in small numbers — to bring in phones and contraband."

That is something Dash was familiar with doing. In January, Dash was arrested, according to court reports, for allegedly smuggling a tattoo gun into Rikers Island so an inmate could change a tattoo marking that linked that inmate to a crime.

After that arrest, Dash was placed on modified duty away from inmates, but did not lose her job.

The Department of Corrections released a statement:

"That vast majority of Department of Correction staff perform their duties with the highest level of integrity and Commissioner Ponte has zero tolerance for those who don't."

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/16/17 02:16 AM

The Kalief Browder series is real interesting. Crazy how much conviction the kid had to turn down deal after deal after deal. Apparently at one point they offered him a misdemeanor conviction and time served, meaning he would walk out of jail that day, but he still refused.

Also interesting hearing Jay-Z's take on everything that happened. He's eloquent as hell.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/16/17 02:46 AM

Garbageman i like your posts. You know ya shit an very knowledable. Sorry about spelling my phone spelling suggestion thing shut off now i have to spell what i write its no bueno. Yaeh i went to prison for3 yrs a yr in county a year sentenced in the state system and cause it was a drug charge i did like the last 13 months in a mini. All the old white guys call minis pc camps whatever i wasnt even the drinking age 21 in mass fucking sucks wish i went to real college or even a community i fucked up and garbage man there not anuff money for your freedom. But i take the bait and would do 1 yrs whatever time except solitary for a few million. Shit id sell a kidney or piece of my liver guess it grows back.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/16/17 02:53 AM

Get the nets is this the mini doc jay z is executive producer. I almost say no to watching. I hate when all the hiphop legends throw there hat in the hollywood shit. But ice t done it for alomst 30yrs. Snoop shot a clown pres today is all over the net. I still love snoop. This is that young kid who sat in rikers for like 3 yrs n was found not guilty got a settlement but killed himself i belive. The daily news had a great piece on this last year i can read dont need to watch it. Its sad n fucked up im good.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/16/17 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: americafyeah
Gets, glad you liked that doc. You're definitely right about some of those guys being real heavy, especially Pistol Pete and apparently Shea Davis has been extorting guys for a long time.

Just saw this. This has been a rumor for years and Shea has alluded to it in videos. I remember one where he said he was getting videos on Smack DVD cause he had his foot on their neck, which I could only interpret as him muscling his way in. How do you know Shea Davis, you from NYC?
Posted By: americafyeah

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/17/17 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: americafyeah

Just saw this. This has been a rumor for years and Shea has alluded to it in videos. I remember one where he said he was getting videos on Smack DVD cause he had his foot on their neck, which I could only interpret as him muscling his way in. How do you know Shea Davis, you from NYC?

we were Myspace buddies. i asked him his zodiac sign,but he never responded. if i had to guess i would say he's a Leo.what do you think his sign is? he was talking about french montana,when he said he put his foot on his neck. he said he literaly meant that. apparently,he kicked french montana's a**. and smack, the creator of smack dvd,is his biological brother.what're your top 5 shea davis songs?and what's your top 5 fav smack dvd episodes?
Posted By: Tandem

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/23/17 03:38 AM

A distant relative of mine did some time for enterprise corruption. I want to say he did time in state not fed, honestly not too sure. Although I remember talking to him and him saying it wasn't too bad. One of my closer relatives did 20 years for bank robbery, he was in a maximum security prison, then was seen as an 'organization leader' then did his last eight or so years in solitary, he told me it was absolutely miserable.

I did a weekend in county once because I got arrested on a Friday night and the judge wouldn't be back until Monday morning. That was miserable, I was in there for drunken disorderly with a few friends, and there were guys in there Gavin murder charges, right next to me. That experience couldn't have ended quicker.

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/17 04:10 AM

@Rollin,

Series is really difficult to watch. Just a sad story.

@Tandem,

I guess the moral of the story is....if you're gonna do a crime, make it a white collar crime. I bet the guy you mentioned with the corruption conviction touched 10 times as much money as the bank robber. Did a bid in club med prison and moved on.

Or as Omar to Levy said "I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase....it's all in the game though"

Re: Anyone here been to prison? - 03/30/17 12:52 PM

Love the wire/Omar line. No matter what kind of time you do; where you do it, solitary or a dorm.... A routine is a must. You have to keep your mind and heart strong and keep the belief that you're existence still matters. I would work a routine and keep in mind I'm working on myself by keeping a schedule and building discipline. Work on my body and mind each day. It's actually insane now that I look back but I made it through it and the memories are sobering .
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET