Home

Philly photo ID

Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 08:41 AM

Does anyone know who these guys are standing next to Phil with his beanbag huggers?

The photo was from the Leonetti ABC interview and they make it seem like they were taken in Florida.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 09:00 AM

Looks like the other guy in shorts in the front with a big belly is Frank Gambino.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 09:29 AM

They are the newark nj guys.
From left to right.
"Patty Specs"", Nicky Olivieri, Joe "scoops" Licata. The guy behind scoops escapes me but he is a newark as well.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 09:41 AM

Thanks Belmont I guess the guy I thought was Gambino is Licata?
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 10:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
From left to right.
"Patty Specs"", Nicky Olivieri, Joe "scoops" Licata. The guy behind scoops escapes me but he is a newark as well.

Yeah that correct that's the north jersey crew back in the day I've seen that picture before I don't know who the other guy is I just know patty specs scoops and nicky o and obviously leonetti in his short shorts
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 10:05 AM

Is the guy behind Licata The Fireman Christy? I doubt it though, I don't think he came around the Newark crew until the 1990s so I think I'm wrong
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 10:08 AM

A little background on The Fireman, He was a local legend in Bloomfield back in the day I remember!

http://articles.philly.com/1998-09-23/news/25759625_1_licata-crime-family-enforcer
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
From left to right.

Vincent "Beeps" Centorino

??

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 12:19 PM

Thanks
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 02:18 PM

That's not Beeps, it's "Tony the Gee" Attanasio ancient made guy in that crew, idk if he's still alive or not
Posted By: Benny3Balls

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
That's not Beeps, it's "Tony the Gee" Attanasio ancient made guy in that crew, idk if he's still alive or not

Yup, thats Anthony Attanasio.

Leonetti, Patty Specs, Nicky O, Scoops, Anthony Attanasio

TonyBoy i was told Attanasio died back in 1994.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 03:19 PM

"Tony the Gee" Attanasio ancient made guy in that crew, idk if he's still alive or not

He was a loanshark/bookmaker with the Newark branch of the Philly family, was made in 86. He died a couple of years after Martirano.
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 03:28 PM

He got made at the same ceremony that Freselone taped I believe, 90 or 91 I think, it was the one Tony Piccollo did in the Bronx and that's the one where Nicky Olivieri, Johnny Praino, and Nick Cifelli was also made, all belonged to the Philly Fam in North Jersey
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 04:03 PM

That was Attanasio.. That article above mentions that guy the fireman. If you read further, it talks about a beating Olivieri and Fazzini gave a gambino associate. The article doesnt mention the third guy that was with Olivieri and Fazzini. The third guy was Lenihan and he is the one that informed the feds about the beating.
The beating took place in a restaurant in Union NJ.

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 04:22 PM

All those guys were with the Genovese or an extension of Philly?

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 04:33 PM

You're right about those other guys being made in 90, but "Slicker" got inducted in June of 86. If you have the Freselone book, i think it says it in there. There was only 5 guys made at that ceremony in the bronx(Praino's house): Centorino, Cifelli, Oliveri, Fresolone, and Praino.

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 04:45 PM

All of them were Philly guys. I'm sure they had some dealings with the Genovese, since every social club on almost every corner in Newark back then was connected to one family or another. Mostly Genovese, Lucchese, and Gambino.

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/02/14 05:23 PM

I thought his nick name was Slicker, he was made by Scarfo and I'm pretty sure he's dead
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/03/14 01:39 AM

Nj do you know the name of Fresolones book? Is it worth a read?

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/03/14 02:00 AM

It's called Blood Oath. I thought it was a good read, but you know everybody has a different opinion on the subject. For a couple of bucks on amazon you can't go wrong.
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/03/14 03:25 AM

scoops is second to the right..
Posted By: Don_Squirreleone

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/03/14 08:31 AM

A don doesn't wear shorts...
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/03/14 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Don_Squirreleone
A don doesn't wear shorts...

Nor does a well hung man!
Posted By: mikeyballs211

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/03/14 08:44 PM

Thanks nj ill check it out

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/03/14 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: njcapo35
It's called Blood Oath. I thought it was a good read, but you know everybody has a different opinion on the subject. For a couple of bucks on amazon you can't go wrong.

I thought it was horrible a lot of his information was blatantly wrong like he claims joeys beef with nicky jr was because scarfo whacked chuckie like you would think he would know that the former underboss of his family was not killed but demoted a lot of his information seemed like he got it second hand and didn't know from his own experience on the streets that's just my opinion of his book
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/04/14 12:03 PM

I read this book and I thought it was pretty good. I thought the Crow embellished his earnings a bit too much. He said he used alot of the same scams over and over. All the locals know that word travels fast in that area.

But, as far as him not knowing about Chuckie, I am not sure you are remembering the book correctly. I don't have the book in front of me but, I recall that in both Crow and Leonetti's books, they say that Scarfo directly said that Chuckie and Yogi were being taken down because of the boozing. And, if they didn't straighten up, he was gonna kill them both and maybe kill the son.

There is also a part in Crows book where Crow talks about how Nicky and Phil got all uptight in Florida thinking Joey and Chuckie were plotting against Philip. I think they went out to look at a car and Scarfo thought it was a hit. Paranoia.

Originally Posted By: SonnyL
Originally Posted By: njcapo35

I thought it was horrible a lot of his information was blatantly wrong like he claims joeys beef with nicky jr was because scarfo whacked chuckie like you would think he would know that the former underboss of his family was not killed but demoted a lot of his information seemed like he got it second hand and didn't know from his own experience on the streets that's just my opinion of his book
Posted By: Benny3Balls

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/04/14 12:17 PM

Blood Oath was Fresolones book. Blood & Honor was Crows.

I thought Crows book was pretty good. Probably the best book on the Scarfo guys.
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/04/14 01:08 PM

Thanks for the correction. Sorry about that SOnnyL. I never read that book. But, that Fresolone seems like he would suck.

Re: Philly photo ID - 12/04/14 01:09 PM

No I can assure you im not mis remembering, Fresolone explicitly claimed in his book that Nicky Scarfo had Joeys father Chuckie murdered. I'm sure the nicky crow embellished his book most rats do but I really enjoyed it.

Edit: sorry nicky whip I just saw your post right after I had posted this
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET