Home

Merlino was NOT powerful

Posted By: Crash

Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 03:55 PM

This may sound bold but its true. Joey Merlino was not powerful. He controlled nothing really, maybe some shylocking and book making. Scarfo controlled unions, political figures, and made a lot of money in construction PLUS he controlled book making and shylocking. Scarfo, like him or not, was a very powerful man.
Merlino was more like a gang leader who was more or less a bunch of neighborhood bullies and not at all powerful outside his small area.
I just read a story that talked about Merlino's townhouse in Florida and how they throw late night parties and how someone threw a sofa out of the window. Is that really what a cosa Nostra boss does???? Not really.
Yes, he did his time, no doubt. That just means he is a criminal that doesnt rat, not a boss who understands cosa nostra. Merlino and his guys basically ran around south philly acting like a bunch of bullies. In fact, JR. Gotti understood cosa nostra more than Merlino and Gotti JR was also much more powerful. gotti jr also controlled much larger/ sophisticated rackets and involved with a wider array of activities.
Opinions?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 04:17 PM

Sounds fair. And you're right about Junior Gotti. He had some influence in the unions here for awhile. It only lasted a few minutes, but he could have had it made in the concrete business if he did things a little bit differently. But hindsight is 20-20 and all that.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 04:31 PM

I will have to agree as well regarding Merlino. Junior gotti was better schooled( streets) and not as dumb as most say. That said, he was much too young to gain control of such a large family. Then again, did he really have a choice?
Back to skinny joey, he was not a typical mobster. Philly is an odd place, at least now. He would only survive in Philly.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 04:50 PM

First of all, Jr gotti was apart of a council because they didn't trust him to make decisions on his own, Jr had no choice??? If the mafia would take jr back he would do it in a heartbeat, he is an opportunist...and granted merlino is not as powerful as other bosses but he have thier respect, there's a reason why the genovese haven't taken over phillip yet

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 04:50 PM

Phillie
Posted By: pmac

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 04:59 PM

Not matter what merlino was and probably is a mafia boss of the second biggest city on the east coast. He doesn't have the power like the bosses before him but he's a boss. Getting money from all the books and loans. Philly is strange not like new England were its 2 states. There no different factions just south philly and joey friends. Its like the Colombo's in Brooklyn there the strongest they didn't need crews in other boros.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 04:59 PM

Not matter what merlino was and probably is a mafia boss of the second biggest city on the east coast. He doesn't have the power like the bosses before him but he's a boss. Getting money from all the books and loans. Philly is strange not like new England were its 2 states. There no different factions just south philly and joey friends. Its like the Colombo's in Brooklyn there the strongest they didn't need crews in other boros.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 05:02 PM

Pizza what you think of the other guy site just wrote a e book with Dom cicale. Gonna give it a read just want to see the part where rizzuto was still sending money to NYC till Massimo flipped. Read a excerpt kinda funny haven't read a mob book in awhile also sounds like he regrets flipping and doesn't sound so liary. New word

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 05:02 PM

Pizza what you think of the other guy site just wrote a e book with Dom cicale. Gonna give it a read just want to see the part where rizzuto was still sending money to NYC till Massimo flipped. Read a excerpt kinda funny haven't read a mob book in awhile also sounds like he regrets flipping and doesn't sound so liary. New word

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 05:04 PM

And to be fair...merlino was boss for maybe 3 years before he got sent away? And then he did a 12 year stretch, the book is still out on merlino your comparing him to guys that spent most of thier criminal career as the don

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 05:11 PM

You go back to the Nicky skins wiretap where in me joes says let joey make his guys when he gets home. Seems like the philly guys have clubs and real estate. Uncle Joe had a no show job. There probably content in there city. There must be heck cashing scams like the genovese just got caught for. Some suckers just open a nice restaurant in Florida for joey. Scarfo and stands didn't have that or probably wanted that
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 05:11 PM

Massino regrets flipping, or Cicale?

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 05:16 PM

To say. Jr gotti would go back in if the administration let him is a bit ridiculous. After all, he asked his father if he can do his time and then leave the life.
Could Merlino snap a finger and stop a large construction project??? I think not. Maybe he could stop a wall paper job in someones kitchen in south philly but thats it. Did he control garbage, cement,or anything of substance? No..
Listen, i am just posting facts. Merlino was not powerful except in a small circle in philly.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 05:21 PM

Belmont I'm not trolling but its not a small circle its a huge city. His family had the clout for the last 30 years. You wonder if any one brought up his uncle being a rat. He probably kill them.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 05:32 PM

I just dont think Philly is a large city. Merlino made a lot of money by betting and not paying his losses and also holding money on those that won.
Merlino had balls, but thats not what this post is about. He wasnt powerful.
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 06:27 PM

My question about Merlino, if he ripped off bookmakers and fucked over a lot of people, why is he so popular and looked up to in Philly? Maybe I'm completely wrong or maybe the media has made it seem like this but I get the sense that he's almost worshipped by Philadelphians.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac

Hey, pmac. Long time no talk, pal.

I think the guy who wrote that ebook is an even bigger joke than the guy the book is based on. As far as Cicale himself, I think he's singing the rat's national anthem: "I regret ratting, but I did it out of revenge, and not because I'm scared of jail."

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that from a stoolie. Because it's bullshit. He's a mutt rat, and he's been a mutt rat all his life. From way back in his Florida days. The State of Florida, where they'll fry a New Yorker for jaywalking, went out of their way to seal his plea back in the '90s. For a violent crime! What does that tell you?

That said, shame on Vinny for trusting him. But he was goodhearted like that (adopting strays). He felt bad for him, and now he's paying the price for it. Boy, is he ever paying the price for it.

That aside, I hope all is well up in Boston, son smile.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 07:50 PM

Pizza is cosa nostra

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Extortion
Pizza is cosa nostra

I'm a retired investor living on a pension tongue grin.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 08:16 PM

pizza's not cosa nostra, if he was, he wouldn't be on this site. he would spend all his time counting his stack of money'

which would be as high as jack's beanstalk.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 08:28 PM

PB
I also heard Vinny Basciano was a real cool guy and could be very generous. ( had a soft side to him).

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
PB
I also heard Vinny Basciano was a real cool guy and could be very generous. ( had a soft side to him).

You heard right.
Posted By: Extortion

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
pizza's not cosa nostra, if he was, he wouldn't be on this site. he would spend all his time counting his stack of money'

which would be as high as jack's beanstalk.

No he is
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 09:04 PM

ok, moe. ok.
Posted By: jipjones

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 09:22 PM

Crash I'm sure if this were the 70s 80s Joey would be controlling construction sites and unions just like Scarfos and he'd be doing a life bid to.. r u forgetting the mafia not as powerful as it used to be.. Joey shot his way to the top bro. No ones touch in joey in philly..
Posted By: slumpy

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/09/14 10:15 PM

John Gotti Jr. Interview with 60 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLU2WobERig

A lot of bullshit to weed through, for obvious reasons, but still interesting. Sorry if this has been posted a bunch of times.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 01:13 AM

Well, Merlino might not have been as influential as other mob bosses traditionally were, but he still wielded the sword.

What I mean by that is that a boss is the one soldier in a family who can kill anyone in that family without cause or explanation. Everyone else, from the Underboss and the Consigliere on down has to get permission and needs a valid excuse. Not the Boss. So that is a roving lion, and Merlino typified that in his lawless wild behavior.

Don't forget, his power probably stretched back to New York City. As long as he had the backing of the biggest bosses in NY, he wielded the sword out in Philly.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 01:42 AM

I don't think anyone in NY respected Merlino
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 02:13 AM

I only have literature to go by mulberry. I read "The Goodfella Tapes". According to that book, Merlino had the backing of the Genovese family in New York. Stanfa on the other hand had backing from the Gambino and Genovese families. Stanfa also had blood relatives that were made Gambinos. I had to dig up my old book to give a logical reply here. Basically, elements in the Gambino and Genovese families were playing chess with Philadelphia, and Stanfa and Merlino and their men were the chess pieces.

The book claims that government sources portrayed underworld alignments in that manner.
Posted By: NickyWhip

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 09:50 AM

Merlino was very powerful in Philadelphia because he AND his gang were feared. But, it was territorial power. The Pagans have/had a ton a power in the city too; but they wield it at THEIR bars, clubs, neighborhoods. No one group controls philly.

Philly is a very small, city, when you start cutting up the territory. PHilly mob has ZERO clout in North Philly, West Philly, and Center City. So, that leaves south Philly. Which, has been overrun by asians and african americans.

And with respect to the Genovese backing: THey had no choice but to back Merlino. Manna wanted Gotti Dead; Gotti backed Stanfa. Genovese would back anyone but Stanfa.

So, he is a big fish in a small pond. I wouldn't want the guy knocking on my door, but you can't compare Philly LCN to NYC; that stopped in the 80s.

Outside of Philly, in the surrounding areas, you can be independent of the mob. It's done all the time. There is no more street tax, unless you are looking to become associated with the Mob and want their protection.

He was in his very early 30s when he came into power. Drunk at bars and clubs, taking peoples money from the bar, beating bookies, etc. People just had to deal with it because of who his father was, the reputation and actions of the Mob around that time, Plus, he was fucking nuts too. There were dead people turning up.

His first go at boss had very immature behavior. It was 20 years ago. That's all I know of him, having witnessed it, just like a lot of people his age who lived in that area at the time.

But, I'm sure he's not beating bookies and taking money from bars anymore. He has more sophisticated scams now involving old jewish guys.

Posted By: merlino

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
Merlino was very powerful in Philadelphia because he AND his gang were feared. But, it was territorial power. The Pagans have/had a ton a power in the city too; but they wield it at THEIR bars, clubs, neighborhoods. No one group controls philly.

Philly is a very small, city, when you start cutting up the territory. PHilly mob has ZERO clout in North Philly, West Philly, and Center City. So, that leaves south Philly. Which, has been overrun by asians and african americans.

And with respect to the Genovese backing: THey had no choice but to back Merlino. Manna wanted Gotti Dead; Gotti backed Stanfa. Genovese would back anyone but Stanfa.

So, he is a big fish in a small pond. I wouldn't want the guy knocking on my door, but you can't compare Philly LCN to NYC; that stopped in the 80s.

Outside of Philly, in the surrounding areas, you can be independent of the mob. It's done all the time. There is no more street tax, unless you are looking to become associated with the Mob and want their protection.

He was in his very early 30s when he came into power. Drunk at bars and clubs, taking peoples money from the bar, beating bookies, etc. People just had to deal with it because of who his father was, the reputation and actions of the Mob around that time, Plus, he was fucking nuts too. There were dead people turning up.

His first go at boss had very immature behavior. It was 20 years ago. That's all I know of him, having witnessed it, just like a lot of people his age who lived in that area at the time.

But, I'm sure he's not beating bookies and taking money from bars anymore. He has more sophisticated scams now involving old jewish guys.

I agree with what you said except all the construction and union jobs going on in center city

Prime example of the lack of power regarding the philly mob is the fact that joe mastronardo had the biggest book in philly and of course it was up on the main line but, he allegedly didnt pay a tax to anyone in philly, and was maybe because he was backed by a NYC family, not sure on that, but he had a multi-million dollar book running just outside of s philly

but as you said joey had his people that would die for him and keep quiet for him and still do to this day and that is some power

and there is some major gang in south philly up near 20th street a black gang forgot their name but I guess they have really settled in there, which is something that would never have happened had there not been some sort of real mafia presence there
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 12:38 PM

Threads like this are so annoying.

Merlino was not as powerful as Scarfo, because the Philly mob is a shell of what it was when he started his ascent to boss.

He was a young guy, controlling and using older wiseguys and playing them like fiddles, and doing whatever the fuck he wanted.

Comparing an NY boss or family to a Philly boss or family is silly in the first place.

In the scope of the philly mob, to say Merlino was not powerful is a stupid fucking statement.

He had Ligambi fronting for him and nobody even knew it until the skins info came out.

Sure, he isn't as powerful as an NY mob boss, but that is a different thread an an idiotic comparison.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Sure, he isn't as powerful as an NY mob boss, but that is a different thread an an idiotic comparison.

That's it right there. Power is a relative term. In his own circle, he was quite powerful. Outside of it, not so much.

And you're right about threads like this. It's a geographical pissing contest waiting to happen (Philly vs. Jersey. Philly vs. New York, Italians vs. Bikers, etc.). That's why I tend to stay out of threads with the abbreviation vs. in the title lol.
Posted By: 22

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 08:32 PM

PizzaBoy if its true what they say about you I no longer want to be your friend,LOL

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: 22
PizzaBoy if its true what they say about you I no longer want to be your friend,LOL

And here I thought you were gonna come to Delray in January and fire up the grill. Or better yet, we'll bring a hibachi over to Boca and set up shop outside Merlino's, assuming it's still open. Get your pretzels, chestnuts, peanuts in the shell. New York style. That joint's only like ten minutes from us.

I'm so fucking retarded that I can't help but laugh out loud at myself sometimes lol lol.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 10:23 PM

Remember reading scarfo Jr telling pellulo too with his back around d philly cause the philly FAM didn't care or recognize him as a luchese associate. This was Vic amuso money makers and they were probably on hitlists in philly back to merlino having some power. Scarfo warned pellulo on phone taps. Wow mark Sanchez looks real deal. Jets and rexy suck at life.
Posted By: Crash

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 10:30 PM

Ok, Philly is much smaller than NY so comparing Merlino to a NY boss is not a good comparison. Well, Scarfo was very powerful when he was boss and Philly was still the same size city. NY really respected Philly when Scarfo was boss. Merlino does not get any where near that respect. He just isnt powerful.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 10:54 PM

Crash your kinda making the point. You got scarfo Jr running bags of cash to Vic amuso wife and merlinos guys got no respect for him. A one time capo of that huge nj luchese crew. I'm playing devil advocate on this. But really think the board doesn't give him he prop's. Fuck wat family had a boss for more in philly 10/years jail or not. Eagles are flying wtf happen to newton.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 11:01 PM

Fuck Victoria gotti been all over TV with her kids who looking back were or did spin off jersey shore ect. That fuckn mansion might be one of the best mob homes. Sick. John Jr gotti could have been all over that shit.$$$ shit he's still evolved some how 21 cent mafia. I guess.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/10/14 11:01 PM

Fuck Victoria gotti been all over TV with her kids who looking back were or did spin off jersey shore ect. That fuckn mansion might be one of the best mob homes. Sick. John Jr gotti could have been all over that shit.$$$ shit he's still evolved some how 21 cent mafia. I guess.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 09:36 AM

Maybe Merlino is not as powerful as a NY boss. So what? I would not fuck with him. Do you have to be as powerful as New York to kill someone?
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 12:19 PM

Thanks for the insight Nicky... that was some good analysis.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Nicky's a sharp poster, Jimmy. Levelheaded and objective.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave
Maybe Merlino is not as powerful as a NY boss. So what? I would not fuck with him. Do you have to be as powerful as New York to kill someone?

Being feared and being powerful are too entirely different things. The Son of Sam had a city of almost ten million people scared half to death. That doesn't mean that he was powerful or respected.

I don't know why Merlino's supporters here get so bent out of shape when people say that he was "powerful" in his own city. Power is relative to your location. And in his locale (South Philadelphia), he was clearly in charge. Outside South Philly, not so much.

Here's the litmus: He lives in Boca now, right? Other than conning a pathetic old man to front a liquor license for him, does anyone believe that he has influence down there? I mean real influence? I just don't see it, and here's why:

There are a dozen New York guys living in proximity to the Boca-Delray area at least part time. Vinny Artuso's Gambino crew is very, very active down there (even though Vinny and Johnny are still away). The Westside has always had traditional rackets going on in South Florida. Hell, Tommy Farese (Colombo) lives in Delray pretty much full time now.

Point is, Joey may be the boss of Philly. But when it comes to being the most powerful wiseguy in Florida, he's not even in the running. He's clearly the undisputed King of South Philly, and he's "powerful" there. There's nothing wrong with that. But he's a big fish in a small pond. That's not an insult, so I don't know why people take it as one.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 01:05 PM

Doesn't bonnano captain gerard chilli also have a powerful bonnano crew that operate in Florida also

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Doesn't bonnano captain gerard chilli also have a powerful bonnano crew that operate in Florida also

For years and years.
Posted By: cheech

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 01:52 PM

was his hangout a hotel back in the day?

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
was his hangout a hotel back in the day?

Mob guys love hotel bars whistle.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 04:48 PM

Scarfo and Merlino are certainly personifications of the relative state of their crime family during their reign.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 05:53 PM

Scarfo was much more powerful than Merlino even though they both were from Philly.
Merlino would of been great during the bootleg years in 1920's chicago or the Gallo war in NY. Other than that, he runs a small area in Philly.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 06:55 PM

No matter how powerful the new york bosses are, even if you respect the guy enough not to cross him it's still respect, the genovese waited until after merlino was locked up to start talking about taking his rackets, if merlino was on the streets the thought wouldn't have crossed thier mind, and for all of the talk that mobsters don't want merlino in philly, he's still thier and no one layer a hand on him

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 06:57 PM

I mean mobsters don't want merlino in florida

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 06:58 PM

No mobster in the world wants a war with merlino, you can call it fear or respect but that's the truth

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
I mean mobsters don't want merlino in florida

Because he's not dumb enough to try to start anything up down there besides a restaurant that's doomed to fail anyway.

And if you're seriously trying to imply that the Philly family could challenge the Genovese family in any way, shape or form, you're out of your fucking mind.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 07:00 PM

No mobster in the world wants a war with merlino, you can call it fear or respect but that's the truth

Enough. If he lived in New York he would have been dead twenty fucking years ago. If he got shot in the head instead of his ass we wouldn't even be having this debate.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 07:06 PM

You could say the same thing about lucky Luciano when he got ambushed, and merlino do have a few guys in florida, one is doing some kind of a atm racket for him...sorry to say pizza but nobody's afraid of your precious little new york anymore, that ship has sailed

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 07:09 PM

And if there was still a commission merlino would have a seat at the table for sure, that's influence enough

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 07:12 PM

You could say the same thing about lucky Luciano when he got ambushed, and merlino do have a few guys in florida, one is doing some kind of a atm racket for him...sorry to say pizza but nobody's afraid of your precious little new york anymore, that ship has sailed

You see, the difference between you and me is that I couldn't give two shits if the New York mob fell apart tomorrow.

I post objectively about things that I believe to be true about people I know something about. You post about a murderous little midget---who you don't even know---that you have a sick man crush on.

Is that why you took the name Big Fella? Are you four feet tall yourself?

And if there was still a commission merlino would have a seat at the table for sure, that's influence enough

Don't you mean a high chair?

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 07:21 PM

I like you pizza but if the new york mob had cheerleaders you would be the captain of the team...why do you hate merlino so much? It's almost personal between you two
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 07:27 PM

why do you hate merlino so much?

why do you want his cock in your mouth so much?

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 07:30 PM

I like you pizza but if the new york mob had cheerleaders you would be the captain of the team...why do you hate merlino so much? It's almost personal between you two

I have nothing against the guy, or the Philly guys in general. It's the online cheerleaders that drive me nuts. And if you pay attention to all of my posts, I'm consistent. I'm always warning the younger guys here about the life. Whether it's in New York, Chicago, Florida or Philly.

I said my piece. And when it comes to agreeing to disagree about this stuff, I can do it all day long. Now I strongly suggest that we drop it and move on. Because these debates never end well, and the creator of this thread deserves better than to have it shut down so fast.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 07:41 PM

No way. Absolutely not. Never. Forget it. The ONLY reason that the Genovese "supported" Merlino, was because he was on the opposite side of the Gambino-backed Stanfa.

Merlino filled a void with the support of several local friends who wanted in on the action too. As far as the relationship with Philly and NYC goes, the strong power was done after Scarfo.

Like him or not, Scarfo was the last Powerhouse boss in PHilly that had the backing of NYC. Stanfa was an outsider, who did nothing but support a heroin connection from Sicily. He was spared as a favor to Gambinos (Paul Castellano) by Scarfo.

The last time that Philly worked with NYC, in any large capacity, it was under Scarfo Regime. Gotti abandoned Stanfa in his time of need, UNLIKE the Genovese and Castellano, who assisted in revenge of Bruno's death. Regardless of who pulled the original strings. Gotti never sent guy 1 down to help Stanfa beat Merlino; neither did the Chin. Why?? B/C they didn't give a shit about two-bit punk gambling.

Once and for all: The philly mob is a gang. It is not LCN. You can't be a soldier, then make a guy, then promote him to boss.

And name for the sake of this discussion, the last rackets that put up big $$$ in philly? Scarfo era... Why?? Because he had the support of NYC.

And finally, if Merlino was so respected in Philly, why was Pete the Crumb and all the North Jersey-based PHilly LCN plotting, along with NYC families to wipe out his whole administration, and pick up the scraps. AND DON"T say they did it while Merlino was in Jail because of respect.

fact: Stanfa made Previte, Veasey, and Merlino. Why is it that only Merlino is recongnized by the fanboys on here as real deal LCN? If we are talking strictly ORGANIZED crime, Merlino is a criminal.

But, speaking of ITALIAN LCN, Previte made so many more moves than Merlino did. LIKE IT OR NOT, Previte had real power in SJ/Philly in the 80s-90s. Just because his name wasn't in the paper means shit.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 07:43 PM

Thanks to both of you.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Nicky's a sharp poster, Jimmy. Levelheaded and objective.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:05 PM

You know what pizza, I'm going to start referring to all of your fanboys that rush to your defense as the "pizza connection". It's funny how when you have someone who doesn't back down from you all of a sudden you become concerned about destroying somebody's thread when I've witnessed you destroy countless threads single handedly

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:12 PM

Bigfella....when your dreaming of joey later do you think youll swallow for him or take it all over your face? Just a tip, if its the latter remember to close your eyes, we wouldnt you to go blind and have us miss out on all of your quality posts here whistle

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:17 PM

I see pizza has his hands up your ass too

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:19 PM

When the Westside guys is running a train on pizza, I will be sure to give them your address
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:24 PM

bigfella you have an odd obsession with Merlino.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:27 PM

Way to keep it gangsta son, i respect that. But you didnt answer my question so im just gonna guess that you swallow?

Be careful kid, winter is coming.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:30 PM

The pink shorts and 6 pack do it for you bigfella, huh?
Posted By: phillyloves

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:34 PM

ha ha Dellacroce is so funny : ) lolllllllll these guys all have hardon's for the Merlino's especially Natalie...

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:38 PM

I think it's funny peperoni pizza can't fight his own battles, he probally have your numbers on speed dial "help the big fella is picking on me again" in his horse shack voice

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:39 PM

I think it's funny peperoni pizza can't fight his own battles, he probally have your numbers on speed dial "help the big fella is picking on me again" in his horse shack voice

What are you, fucking crazy? I was having dinner rolleyes.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:40 PM

When the Westside guys is running a train on pizza, I will be sure to give them your address

C'mon cornball. Enough is enough. Take joeys cock out of your mouth for one second. You believe the hype. And that's all this is. You believe that "judge did me a favor" line "get my six pack back?" That's bullshit. The guys dying on the inside. Notice he's fighting turning himself?

And enough of the tough guy spiel. Shooting someone doesn't make you tough. Especially while they are ambushed and caught off guard. It was a savvy play no doubt but not "tough". All reports indicate he is a moocher. And that's the last thing besides rat I would want to be called. I go out and get mine. Daily. I don't mooch off of others. It's a gross and disgusting thing. You and the other Philly fan boys have this weird crush on this guy. Living your wanna be gangster life vicariously thru this caricature of a mob boss is sad.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: phillyloves
lolllllllll these guys all have hardon's for the Merlino's especially Natalie...

I thought we established that Joey and Natalie are the same person.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:42 PM

What are you, fucking crazy? I was having dinner rolleyes.

Don't even respond to this lunatic.

RE big fella: why take shots at a respected long time poster? A good debate is one thing but disrespect is another. Shows the type of person you are.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:43 PM

Don't bother, Cheech. This is the same nitwit who claimed that Al Capone held onto power with a syphilitic mind from Florida, and that the Gambinos must be paying tribute to the Trafficantes in 2014 rolleyes.

Zero credibility. He's sixteen years old or he's mentally challenged. There's no middle ground on this one.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Originally Posted By: phillyloves
lolllllllll these guys all have hardon's for the Merlino's especially Natalie...

I thought we established that Joey and Natalie are the same person.

We did. Same tattoo on their lower back.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:48 PM

Cheech! Was that the chins pet name for you...I bet if the chin was here he would have taken care of that big bad merlino huh

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 08:51 PM

Merlino did 12 years in the can what's another 4 months...He's just rubbing the feds face in it

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 09:26 PM

I'm out. Another thread bites the dust.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 09:28 PM

bigfella must be from South Jersey

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: njcapo35
bigfella must be from South Jersey

and he wishes he was from philly. whistle

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 09:36 PM

It's just obvious trolling at this point. I'm out.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 09:43 PM

come on guys, this is the most fun i can have on a tuesday night without paying for it...
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyWhip
I'm out. Another thread bites the dust.

All in all it lasted 2 days...I thought it would have went downhill in the first 3 hours, so there was some progress here. ohwell
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 09:55 PM

Another one bites the dust.
Posted By: SC

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Ya think so? Personally I think he's sweet on pizzaboy.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

I DO attract the crazies, don't I? lol
Posted By: carmela

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 11:03 PM

You know...Jimmy is pretty sweet on you.
Oh yeah... Jimmy's been watching you...you're just Jimmy's type.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/11/14 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela

You know...Jimmy is pretty sweet on you.
Oh yeah... Jimmy's been watching you...you're just Jimmy's type.

Jimmy's gonna fuck Kramer right up the dump chute.

Deleted scene.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 12:07 AM

Hey PB I think I'll take you up on that,the grand opening live in Boca.Got the grill to go.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 01:32 AM

Merlino on the commission lol. He rules over a street gang and has the feds up his ass for it.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 02:25 AM

Philly Phanboys.

You were number two, Buffalo was number one. Buffalo lost it—turned in his wings.

You guys are number one.
Posted By: Red_63

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 02:46 AM

Hey PB I think I'll take you up on that,the grand opening live in Boca.Got the grill to go.
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 05:25 AM

Originally Posted By: mulberry
Merlino on the commission lol. He rules over a street gang and has the feds up his ass for it.

And only a marginally succesful street gang at that. He kissed the ass of black heroin dealers and appalachian biker sociopaths.
Posted By: PHL_Mob

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 09:48 AM

Not to get off subject here... But just a thought I had while reading some parts of the thread. I agree with whomever stated that there was a natural interest for the Genovese to back Merlino. They would have backed the corner guy selling hot dogs if it was trying to shift power in its favor and away from the Gambinos. But more importantly, we have all been discussing how Chickie Chang Sr, Chuckie Merlino, etc were backing the Merlino faction from prison (I think that was the general consensus despite some contradiction from some sources). Where I am going with this is since the high ranking Scarfo guys seemed to be closest with the Genovese then they probably had connections with these guys even from jail. I think it's a strong possibility that the Scarfo guys (ex-Nicky) reached out to the Genovese guys and did some back room/cell politicking essentially striking the same deal that nicky made in '81 except using the Merlino crew as a proxy.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 10:10 AM

Also, in my opinion, I'd agree that it's all relative. LCN doesn't control all the crime in the city as much as it may have in the 50s-80s, and of course Merlino was not as powerful as the NY families / bosses - it's all relative. I don't think NYC fams control all the crime in the boroughs let alone as much as they may have back in the day and furthermore, probably don't wield as much power as they once did. My point is both families have experienced decimation to LE and progression of society and other sophisticated criminal groups etc etc. The point being is that the scale of NYC makes their families bigger and more powerful. Even at Philly's height NYC was that much more powerful because of the scale. Big picture here. As a side note, I give Merlino props for being innovative. He's adapting and evolving with the times/LE. He has single handily gone against the stat quo and changed the structure of how LCN operates (in Philly). If Joey came back to philly there would be too much heat and everyone would go down with him. Through various proxies and acting bosses and fronts he has made the Philly family a complete mystery. We have no idea what they do outside gambling and shy let alone who does what. We or the Feds can't even figure out who the actual boss is for sure let alone the admin and capos. I'd say that's what LCN is supposed to be - a secret criminal org. One thing is clear, everyone that we thing is involved seems to be living pretty comfortably so take that for what it's worth...
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
I give Merlino props for being innovative. He's adapting and evolving with the times/LE. He has single handily gone against the stat quo and changed the structure of how LCN operates (in Philly). If Joey came back to philly there would be too much heat and everyone would go down with him. Through various proxies and acting bosses and fronts he has made the Philly family a complete mystery.

so he's the one who came up with the acting boss role?

oh for the love of god

We have no idea what they do outside gambling and shy let alone who does what.

that's what they do plus some dope and minor protection scams

their last big thing is having mob groupies fronting money for them apparently

We or the Feds can't even figure out who the actual boss is for sure let alone the admin and capos.

so if we don't know then the feds don't know either?

come on now pal

I'd say that's what LCN is supposed to be - a secret criminal org.

the word "secret" is the very last word I'd associate with Merlino...along with "organization"

One thing is clear, everyone that we thing is involved seems to be living pretty comfortably so take that for what it's worth

comfortably?

let's just say that they are getting by...
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 12:34 PM

One thing is clear, everyone that we thing is involved seems to be living pretty comfortably so take that for what it's worth...

This is where I laugh and return to watching Bill Murrey in 'Stripes'.

Damn you Sean Young. Damn you.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Damn you Sean Young. Damn you.

Fuck South Philly. I'd like to give her the Aunt Jemima treatment.

I know, the ice cream scoop scene was with the blonde. But you get my meaning, Sonny grin.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 12:50 PM

My point is no one can confidently say what the admin or structure of the family is currently let alone in the last trial. That being said I don't think we know all the scams. Haha that's funny about the old man scam I'll give ya that.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 01:11 PM

My point is no one can confidently say what the admin or structure of the family is currently let alone in the last trial. That being said I don't think we know all the scams. Haha that's funny about the old man scam I'll give ya that.

It's clear who the top guys on the street are though, Mazzone, Chang, Merlino, Lance, Ligambi if he hasn't retired, a lot of talk about Narducci but who knows what's going on with him.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 01:19 PM

I posted this on another thread about merlino's dad, but whether he was powerful or not you have to give it to him and most of the neighborhood guys from S Philly and their loyalty to that neighborhood and to one another...THEY DO NOT RAT....the rats are not from the neighborhood and that has alot to say about growing up around passyunk and the family bond that has stayed intact forever

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 01:52 PM

Pizza what time is cheerleading practice tonight,I thought I would bring out a new routine.if you remember I said this before,if you agree with somebody suddenly you are a cheerleader,fighting his battles,etc.here's how I see it,PB has a stellar reputation on here,as witnessed by the half-dozen or so posters on here that seem to agree with him,nuf said.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 01:56 PM

Pizza what time is cheerleading practice tonight,I thought I would bring out a new routine.if you remember I said this before,if you agree with somebody suddenly you are a cheerleader,fighting his battles,etc.here's how I see it,PB has a stellar reputation on here,as witnessed by the half-dozen or so posters on here that seem to agree with him,nuf said.

I appreciate it, 22. But let it go. The kid is a troll, and something tells me that if he keeps it up that he won't be here much longer. Call it a hunch wink.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 02:05 PM

It's clear who the top guys on the street are though, Mazzone, Chang, Merlino, Lance, Ligambi if he hasn't retired, a lot of talk about Narducci but who knows what's going on with him.
lucibello wen he is released
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 02:16 PM

Exactly let all the bullshit go.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74

lucibello wen he is released

Pretty sure he was only a soldier when he went away? I don't know much about him tbh.

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 02:58 PM

He was on the administration at one poin , acting consigliere I believe
Posted By: JoeSlim

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
why do you hate merlino so much?

why do you want his cock in your mouth so much?

I don't know why these kind of comments should have you banned!!

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 04:07 PM

Bigfella....when your dreaming of joey later do you think youll swallow for him or take it all over your face? Just a tip, if its the latter remember to close your eyes, we wouldnt you to go blind and have us miss out on all of your quality posts here whistle

If I was saying stuff like this I would be banned, SC should do something about DellaCrotch

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 04:08 PM

I see pizza has his hands up your ass too

Big fella this DellaCrotch is nothing but a troll and trouble, just ignore him, he has some homosexual tendencies!! Lol

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 04:10 PM

It's a mob blog,
Way to keep it gangsta son, i respect that. But you didnt answer my question so im just gonna guess that you swallow?

Be careful kid, winter is coming.

You guys deserve a beating for your comments!!

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 04:12 PM

Lol I think your right, I like pizza but his fanboys are worse than any mobster fan boy on here

Re: Merlino was NOT powerful - 11/12/14 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech

C'mon cornball. Enough is enough. Take joeys cock out of your mouth for one second. You believe the hype. And that's all this is. You believe that "judge did me a favor" line "get my six pack back?" That's bullshit. The guys dying on the inside. Notice he's fighting turning himself?

And enough of the tough guy spiel. Shooting someone doesn't make you tough. Especially while they are ambushed and caught off guard. It was a savvy play no doubt but not "tough". All reports indicate he is a moocher. And that's the last thing besides rat I would want to be called. I go out and get mine. Daily. I don't mooch off of others. It's a gross and disgusting thing. You and the other Philly fan boys have this weird crush on this guy. Living your wanna be gangster life vicariously thru this caricature of a mob boss is sad.

Another pathetic poster!!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET