Home

Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire

Posted By: BloodlettersandBadmen

Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/02/14 08:49 PM

Enoch Lewis "Nucky" Johnson was an Atlantic City, New Jersey political boss and racketeer. From the 1910s until his conviction and imprisonment in 1941, he was the undisputed "boss" of the political machine that controlled Atlantic City and the Atlantic County government.

His rule encompassed the Roaring Twenties when, as a refuge from Prohibition, Atlantic City was at the height of its popularity. In addition to bootlegging, his organization also was involved in gambling and prostitution. The character Nucky Thompson in the HBO series "Boardwalk Empire" was loosely based on his life.

NEW VIDEO from Bloodletters & Badmen http://youtu.be/7BY156eaqRg?list=UUqr7mgx7LWOjkHgC8xZ2SDw
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/02/14 09:44 PM

They did a horrible job with that series it could have been so much more...capone with no nitti, Luciano with no costello???
Posted By: BloodlettersandBadmen

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/04/14 05:47 PM

I liked the first three seasons. I am now watching season 4 and its isssss ssssssoooooo ssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/04/14 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: BloodlettersandBadmen
I liked the first three seasons. I am now watching season 4 and its isssss ssssssoooooo ssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

lol I agree, just finished watching season 4. You won't be disappointed. I'm hoping season 5 will be as good as season 3,
Posted By: Malandrino

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/04/14 09:10 PM

It could have been better, sure.. but "a horrible job?" Really? It was one of the greatest series of the last 3 years, and after the Sopranos probably the best one mob-wise.
I highly recommend everybody here to watch it since it's really enjoyable, especially if you like the 20s-30s era.

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/04/14 09:13 PM

Both Scorsese and Winter said they were going to " loosely" base their characters off the real life gangsters.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/05/14 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
They did a horrible job with that series it could have been so much more...capone with no nitti, Luciano with no costello???

You realize the show is about Nucky, right?
Posted By: DoctorTwink

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/05/14 05:33 PM

Yeah it was not that good at all.

The book was a lot better, and more historically accurate.

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/05/14 05:48 PM

I realize it was loosely based but after the 3rd season the script writing went to the dogs

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/06/14 02:46 AM

I definitely liked the first 3 seasons better than the fourth. The fourth season wasn't even bad, it just went in a completely different direction. The Chicago storyline was the only one that held up. I haven't seen the 5th season yet.
Posted By: British

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/06/14 11:46 AM

Not sure if any of you can access the BBC somehow, but if you can try and watch Peaky Blinders which is superb
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/06/14 11:57 AM

Peaky blinders is on netflix here in the USA. It's ok but boardwalk is much better IMO.

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/07/14 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: British
Not sure if any of you can access the BBC somehow, but if you can try and watch Peaky Blinders which is superb

What do you think of Tom Hardy in Peaky Blinders?

Have you ever seen him in "The Take" Mini Series about British gangsters? That was definitely a good show.

--You should start a thread on Peaky Blinders----

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/08/14 12:11 AM

Tom hardy is working on a movie to play al capone, I don't think he can pull it off

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/08/14 12:28 AM

Tom hardy is working on a movie to play al capone, I don't think he can pull it off

Oh really. I think he can. He has a rage in him that he brings out in certain characters he plays. Who's directing it?

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/08/14 12:48 AM

Just looked it up and hell yeah look who's writing and directing it...
Walon Green -Writer David Yates- Director This is gonna be GOOD!

Posted By: British

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/08/14 04:21 AM

Tom Hardy is just finishing a film playing both the Kray twins which will be interesting

He's been great in the latest series of peaky blinders

Al Capone and Meyer Lansky were both played by British actors in Boardwalk empire and they did a decent job
Posted By: rickydelta

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/08/14 07:35 AM

Yeah Should be a Good film i meet Reg Kray in the 90s and still see Mad Franky Fraser at a old people home near old kent road in london he 90 years old now he always shares his stories . Yeah they sure did play good parts good series one of the best grin

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/08/14 04:01 PM

Al Capone and Meyer Lansky were both played by British actors in Boardwalk empire and they did a decent job

So was Richard.

Re: Nucky & the Boardwalk Empire - 11/08/14 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted

So was Richard.

Very talented actors. I especially like Richard. His character is going to go down in history as one of the most "unique" characters ever portrayed in TV or Film in my opinion.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET