Home

montreal mafia boss 2014

Posted By: maverick

montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/02/14 07:48 PM

Any news on who is new montreal boss. Havent heard much in the last few months
Posted By: Joe_Gentile

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 01:27 PM

I've been a lurker here for a long time, and I signed up just to answer your post.

The Montréal family is of course so secretive and the Canadian laws so loose and the Quebec police in particular so corrupt that it is almost impossible to know for sure what is happening. But from what I have heard, and I am sorry that I cannot recall the source material, Francesco Arcadi is the new boss, although he is in prison until 2017.

In the meantime, they say Rocco Sollecito is the street boss until then. Sollecito's son Stefano is quickly working his way up the ranks as well.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 04:33 PM

Yes kind of figured it would be one of those two. For whatever its worth i read when arcadi was street boss while rizzuto was in jail he wasnt well liked on the street. Also he was not considered to have done a good job.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 04:48 PM

I remember an article from a few months ago that said both Rocco Sollecito and Vito's other son Leonard(who's a lawyer) were on some kind of ruling panel. no idea how true it is.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 04:55 PM

Is leonard rizzuto even made ?? It's defo sollecito and possibly domenico manno despite his advanced age
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 05:14 PM

Macri?

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 05:54 PM

Domenico Macri is dead and has been since 2006. Leonard Rizzuto is not made to my knowledge.

As for guys not liking Arcadi, it's to be expected, Vito Rizzuto was a one in a million. Tough act to follow. Rizzuto was fluent in four languages, he was actually a towering intellect who through a reputation of doing dirty work as well could communicate with and win the loyalty of street guys too.

This is the most underrated family in the world to watch and of course they like it that way. They're still operating like the Genovese, Gambino and Chicago families did at their peak in the 1960s, with reach right into the federal government. Albeit, the Canadian government.

I'm a Canadian so before any fellow canucks flame me, I can say that! tongue
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 07:59 PM

I agree Joe this family is very underrated and they are/were huge money makers.

I will NEVER believe the story about Leonardo Rizzuto being on a ruling panel. Yes him and his sister are lawyers and yes he helped his Dad do a lot of deals and things like that, but I DO NOT believe he is a player in Montreal. Is he watching over Vito's interests? I think so but not so much in his illegal ventures. I think it ends there.

I think Sollecito is probably still the man if that was true.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 08:37 PM

I am inclined to believe sollecito is top guy not jn jail right now. I read an article that said rizzuto was aided in his vendetta by "ruthless, younger generation". Cousins and sons of the old guard. Any ideas who these are? Any names jump out

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 09:10 PM

Plenty of young guys coming up:

Stefano Sollecito, Rocco's son (42 I think), Francesco del Balso (currently in jail - mid/late 30s, I believe already a capo) Jonathan Mignacca (Desjardins' driver, 29 not made yet i don't think but an up and comer), Nicola di Marco (early 40s), Giuseppe Fetta is another fairly young guy.

Lots of young zips too who come over from the old country, another one of the reasons it has been so hard for police to infiltrate the family over the years.

I have heard there are certainly 100-150 made guys with hundreds of associates - and the thing about Canada is that even the ones who go to jail don't go for very long, so most are back on the street in 5-7 years.

Project Colisee which was the most major bust of OC in Canadian history arrested 90 of these guys in one swoop in 2007 and there were still plenty left to shoot up the streets of Montreal, so even the 150 estimate could be conservative, although granted many of the 90 were only associates.

I have a friend in the RCMP who says the truth is they don't even know what's going on most of the time. Getting informants is tough, its not like it is in the US. Canadian authorities have to this day never flipped a made member of any Canadian mafia family, historical or present (which is now only the Rizzutos anyway.)

Sentences are way lower in Canada and most guys are wiling to do their time, which is usually only a few years anyway. And we don't have anything even resembling RICO laws so the police are far more limited in their ability to tap phones, etc. to know what is going on.

All of this also serves as the same reason why they can continue to attract smart, savvy "businessmen" types in Montreal -- the financial rewards are worth the relatively minor risks of getting apprehended, tried and convicted.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 09:55 PM

Sehr interessant, Joe.
Posted By: TonyG

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Joe_Gentile
Plenty of young guys coming up:

I have heard there are certainly 100-150 made guys with hundreds of associates - and the thing about Canada is that even the ones who go to jail don't go for very long, so most are back on the street in 5-7 years.

Appreciate your knowledge and insight, but I have a hard time believing there are 100 - 150 made guys in Montreal. Reading some of the posts here, news and other media reports from Montreal and some of the criminal investigations suggests something more like 25 - 50 made guys in Montreal. I can believe 100 - 150 associates. Montreal is a fascinating family.

I am not trying to start a pissing match, nor is my intent to flame you. Just my take on what I have read.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/03/14 10:43 PM

I don't take it any such way TonyG - and of course you're free to believe whatever you wish.

Antonio Nicaso and James Dubro are the two most noted Mafia experts in Canada so if you really want to learn more about the Rizzutos I'd start with their stuff. Rizzutos also have a crew in Toronto run by Peter Scarcella, and presence on the West Coast as well. It is far too wide-ranging an enterprise to be 25-50 guys. I can name 25 members myself without making much effort, and just in this thread alone I've probably named 10.

As I said, Project Colisee took 90 guys off the streets and that was right before the body count started piling up - do you really believe that only 25 or so guys that would remain not arrested, based on your numbers, were responsible for the dozens of attempted murders and successful murders that took place in Montreal from 2007-current? It wouldn't seem logical.

Read up on the Rizzutos and tell me at the end of your research if you still think they're only at DeCavalcante/Philly level as you suggest.

I realize it may be hard to believe that in little ol' Canada there is this huge Mafia family, but its the truth. Our extremely lax laws, lax sentencing and lax immigration combined with the extreme corruption that is Quebec government is all of what makes it possible!

But, as I said at the beginning, believe what you wish.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 05:59 AM

Thanks for the insight Joe! Are things pretty settled in Montreal at the moment? Any recent murders? Also have there been any decent charts made for Montreal?
Posted By: Scalish

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 07:42 AM

There is no more then 50 made men in Montreal but they have a shit ton of associates but if anyone here believes there are 150 made men in Montreal they are sadly mistaken.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 10:36 AM

Regardless of how many made men there are. I think it's pretty much fact that they're much more of a viable family than any LCN organization stateside.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 12:49 PM

no way that they have 100 MADE guys

colisee nabbed 90 but not all were MADE guys

I know Nicaso's work and I honestly do not recall him stating that high number of MADE guys

50 tops + a hell of a lot of associates

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 12:52 PM

they are a not-to-be-f*cked-with, money-making machine nonetheless

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 01:59 PM

Very interesting thread. I'm going to watch the Rizzuto crime family documentary this week.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 02:24 PM

The Sixth Family is a great read on the family too. There was supposed to be an updated version coming out this year or something but I haven't checked. One version even talks about Nick Sr's father Vito coming into port at New Orleans then being killed in NYC, came in with falsified papers.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 08:04 PM

In addition to 'The 6th family' the other definitive work on the Montreal family is 'Mafia Inc' by Andre Cedilot and Andre Noel.

Well worth the read.
Posted By: pmac

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 09:09 PM

Here's my opinion. The families in america were established by lucky and all the other bosses about 80+ years ago and Montreal was part of the 5 families who gave them permission to make there own family. Basically the guys were made by galante when he took over the bonannos from 75 to 79 and probably rusty and Massino after. That Spanish guy who was Vito's body guard who got whacked in Sicily some one didn't respect. I bet there's a bunch of zips up there from all parts of Italy but not there own family. They all answer to some boss over there but not a rizzuto.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 09:09 PM

Here's my opinion. The families in america were established by lucky and all the other bosses about 80+ years ago and Montreal was part of the 5 families who gave them permission to make there own family. Basically the guys were made by galante when he took over the bonannos from 75 to 79 and probably rusty and Massino after. That Spanish guy who was Vito's body guard who got whacked in Sicily some one didn't respect. I bet there's a bunch of zips up there from all parts of Italy but not there own family. They all answer to some boss over there but not a rizzuto.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 09:16 PM

100-150 made guys lol

That sounds like optimism more then anything. From all the info we've got the Rizzuto's are a smallish family in terms of made guys 30 or so made members. But they have shit loads of associates and work with other criminal orginzations.

They're clearly a powerful outfit though, even without Rizzuto.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 09:28 PM

Absolutely.
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 09:36 PM

Seems like a lot of people are ready to put their life savings on the line to say Joe Gentile is wrong about his "estimate" on the amount of made guys up North. I don't know anything about canada, except for the stronger beer and moose population. My VERY HUMBLE opinion tells me that 100 made guys is not a stretch. Think about the number of families in Italy. Unless we are ONLY talking about Montreal. There are approx 500 made guys in NYC. To say there are 100+ made guys in the Montreal, to me, does not seem

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 09:39 PM

far fetched. Plus, we really don't have any good informants giving us good info. Just playing devils advocate. Montreal is fascinating to me.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 09:52 PM

I have read Mafia Inc, and understand the international reach of the Rizzuto's.

I have also watched the 5th Estate coverage of the shooting in the York sandwich shop that crippled that lady and led to Scarcella's incarceration. I did not realize Scarcella was part of a Rizzuto crew. I thought he was part of the GTA Ndrine. Is there a source that officially ties him to the Rizzuto's / Montreal?

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/04/14 10:09 PM

I will never forget that night I was about 15 minutes up the road at my uncles house when that failed attempt on Modica happened.

From what I know Scarcella was on good terms with Vito, but runs his own rackets in Toronto, he was a driver for Paul Volpe and was suspected in being involved in his death, after Paul died he took over his rackets. Paul was associated with the Magaddino family.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/05/14 01:44 AM

Of course we're talking about the Rizzutos.

Canada is overrun by zips. No news here.

that doesn't mean that they're all MADE tho.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/05/14 07:32 PM

Few questions I'll try to answer here for those interested, although it would appear my credibility is in some doubt, so take it for whatever you think its worth.

First off - is the rash of violence abating? It would seem so, finally. What's significant is that the internal violence seems to have stopped, but there is still violence being directed outwardly. This summer they hit Ducarme Joseph, a street gang leader who may have been responsible for the hit on Nick Jr., so I would say it seems the internal warfare is over for the most part.

As for charts -- I could take a stab at one but I suck at photoshop, etc. so I don't know how I would do that. Also, you'd probably only be able to get photos for like 15-20 guys at most I think.

Scarcella is indeed the family's Toronto capo. Scales is right, Scarcella was Paul the Fox's driver when Volpe was operating Toronto as a capo for the Magaddino family.

With the weakening of the Magaddinos, the Rizzutos expanded west in the late 80's and early 90's and took over the Volpe crew as well as filling the vacuum on the west coast created when Joe Gentile (my handle namesake) fled the country and went back to Italy in 1976. Two powerful brothers represented the Rizzutos out on the West Coast after that, the Papalia twins, Roberto and Tony.

The finishing touch was the rub out of Johnny Papalia in Hamilton (no relation to the twins) in 1997, who like Volpe started out as another Magaddino capo but by the late 90's was more or less independent. Not much left of the Hamilton family today from my understanding, and whatever is left of it would be under Scarcella's umbrella.

Since 1997 Rizzutos have controlled all Cosa Nostra activity in Canada. Unlike the US however, LCN never absorbed the Ndrangheta, mainly in Toronto which is possibly even stronger than the Rizzutos in financial terms. Less street guys and more international brokering/smuggling that just happens to be based in Canada.

Canada is, sadly, a great place for these guys to set up shop. Even known criminals can get by Canadian immigration, we can't do surveillance on them the way the Americans can, and our justice system just downright sucks.

Sorry I'm not better at providing sources for this stuff, I've been following these things for 20 years and a lot of this is stuff I've heard from people in journalism and other areas, but as I've said before you can take me at my word, filter it for what you want or call bullshit altogether -- I got thick skin and couldn't care less.

Hope it helps someone.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/05/14 07:52 PM

Joe,

You have some good points but there is some things I do not agree with. I can tell you from being born and raised here in Hamilton that whatever is left here and there is quite a bit here from the Musitano's to Dom Italiano boys to all the biker's and none of the above answer to Scarcella.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/05/14 08:21 PM

Apologies Scalish, I was aware of the Musitanos but was under the impression they were a Ndrine rather than LCN. I always consider the two similar but separate, but if the Musitanos are LCN I stand corrected.

Can't honestly say I know too much about your neck of the woods, I've lived in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and New York so almost everywhere I've been I have been amazed at the varying levels of mafia corruption and how it really does trickle down to daily life for ordinary people, but I have never even been to Hamilton and can't say my knowledge there is anything more than cursory.

Good to know though.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/05/14 08:27 PM

No need to apologize my friend, you have some good info keep it up and by the way welcome to the board.
Posted By: Stu_Katz

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/05/14 09:22 PM

I too would like to welcome you to the board Joe. I don’t post much but i like to read up on the Mtl news and you’ve provided some welcomed insight. I have no clue jus how many “made” men there may be up here. But associates are plenty.If you’re from the east end…. It seems everybody knows somebody, if you get my drift. Because of this, the Mtl family continues to clean or launder their money through such associates with legitimate businesses. Whoever’s in charge is probably focusing on getting back to business.
Posted By: mike68

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 01:10 PM

So just curious on the Musitano's. From what I'd read, it appeared that they were considered to be behind the Papalia hit as well as that of his right hand man a while later (name escapes me). Did they have the backing of the Rizzuto's on that as part of a larger territory grab? Or was this more of a local move for power?

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 02:16 PM

While I don't agree with the high number of made men as well, I'm just glad we have more GTA talk! I'm not from there but since I've learned about the Rizzuto's they have been a very interesting story to follow.

Isn't the Desjardins trial coming up around March or April?

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 02:17 PM

From what was told was that they were behind the Papalia murder they served time for it, the hitmen they hired for it Keith Murdock ended up ratting on them regarding this. It was 100% a local move for power and had nothing to do with Vito.

By the way the right hand man that was killed went by the name of Carmen Barillaro.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 02:41 PM

Stick around Joe. You're very knowledgeable about the Canadian organised crime scene and you have a good perspective!

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 02:46 PM

His trial starts in mid March.
Posted By: slumpy

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 04:26 PM

As one of the few Canadians on this board, it's definitely nice to see someone with a little more insider knowledge. Personally, I only know what I've read in the few books that have been printed on the Rizzutos, which in all honesty is pretty much nothing that isn't already common knowledge around these parts.

Are there any books that cover the Toronto factions?

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 04:39 PM

Mob rule: Inside the Canadian mafia by James Dubro.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 06:06 PM

Thanks Scalish, just put in an order in on amazon

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 06:30 PM

I like dthe book the 6ths family but its bullshit cause theres no such thing. the commission in new York never said there a family, unless the lcn in Italy granted them it. the guy mmd. they got there own problems. think it died with vito, actualy after his son a made guy was murder. I think he took out everyone involed and died a broken man. your dad gets whacked your son brother inlaw fuck that painfull. not anuff money in the world to relieve the pain.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 06:35 PM

They didn't need NYC's permission. If you listen to Sal and Massino they still answer to them. rolleyes

The Sixth Family was just to show how powerful they were/are and it's still true. They have more pull (or did when Vito was alive) than most of the Five Families.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 06:39 PM

Like Dixie said, "The Sixth Family" is just a figure of speech, one that the author of the book came up with. I doubt the Rizzutos consider themselves the literal sixth family of new york.
Posted By: carmela

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
I like dthe book the 6ths family but its bullshit cause theres no such thing. the commission in new York never said there a family, unless the lcn in Italy granted them it. the guy mmd. they got there own problems. think it died with vito, actualy after his son a made guy was murder. I think he took out everyone involed and died a broken man. your dad gets whacked your son brother inlaw fuck that painfull. not anuff money in the world to relieve the pain.

Messina-Denaro had nothing to do with the Rizzuto's, if that's what you were trying to say (hard to tell).
The Rizzuto's were what was considered a super-clan, they didn't need NY to declare them a "family". They were technically under a Bonanno flag, but their ultimate loyalties lied with Cattolica Eraclea clans in Canada, South America and Sicily.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 07:28 PM

Their South American connections/interests are something that's not really mentioned too often. Very interesting.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 08:08 PM

No problem pal.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 08:13 PM

Carmela,

It was Nick Sr that married into it, was Nick's wife not a daughter of a very powerful man back in Sicily?

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Scalish
Carmela,

It was Nick Sr that married into it, was Nick's wife not a daughter of a very powerful man back in Sicily?

She was the daughter of Agrigento Province Don, Atonio Manno. Nick Sr's, I mean. I think Vito's wife was likewise Sicilian, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 08:56 PM

That's the one thanks buddy.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: slumpy
Carmela,

She was the daughter of Agrigento Province Don, Atonio Manno. Nick Sr's, I mean. I think Vito's wife was likewise Sicilian, but I'm not entirely sure about that.

Yes, Libertina Manno. Very powerful family. Became known as the Rizzuto-Manno-Cammilleri clan. Libertina was from Cattolica Eraclea as well.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 09:06 PM

She looks like a very strong women as well and must be lost a husband right in front of her a son and a grandson and son in law all in very short time and still standing.

Thanks for the info Carmela.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 09:14 PM

Carmela,

Not to split hairs, but Antonio was capo of Cattolica Eraclea, not the Godfather of entire Agrigento province.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/06/14 09:41 PM

Good stuff thanks.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/07/14 12:32 AM

Welcome to the board Joe. The purpose is to discuss and debate. I think it is part of what makes this enjoyable.

There are some threads on here about the Toronto Ndrine and how they operate independent of Montreal (just use the search for them). There are some knowledgeable folks on Canada who have also provided links to some good reports on them as well. They are a good read.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/07/14 10:11 AM

talking about hamilton...is the "siderno group" operating there one large outfit or just an umbrella term to describe several calabrian ndrines active south of toronto?

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/07/14 10:26 AM

Just an umbrella from what I know.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/07/14 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Carmela,

Not to split hairs, but Antonio was capo of Cattolica Eraclea, not the Godfather of entire Agrigento province.

Good catch Carmela, thanks.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/08/14 08:17 AM

Just an umbrella from what I know.

I figured. Thanks

any info on those 'ndrines? Clan names, connections?

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/08/14 11:28 AM

Here in Hamilton my friend we have basically we have a few groups that have power, you have of course the Musitano's, Italiano and his guys, Luppino family still holds weight then you still have the Violi boys and last but not least the biker's work with all of them.

That is what we have here in the Hammer buddy, out of them all the Musitano's hold the most power when you speak with people around here no on disputes that no one here fucks with the Musitano's.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/09/14 05:26 AM

interesting. I always thought tha (violi aside) they were LCN, not ndrangheta.

is there a membership estimate for these groups?

thanks for the intel

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/09/14 08:01 AM

What I listed is both Lcn and Ndrine and yes the Violi's are Lcn.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/11/14 10:10 AM

There have been rumors that Arcadi had fallen out of favor when Rizzuto returned to Montreal because Arcadi had made his own coke deals back in the days. Plus during Arcadi's tenure as street boss war broke out that eventually led to the murder of Nick Rizzuto. So it would be suprising to say the least if Arcadi will be named the new boss as if nothing ever happened. I'm sure there are still a lot of people who hold a grudge towards him and along with his notorious hotheadedness that might lead to a new uprising. Time will tell.

Also, there are no 150 made guys in Montreal. Rizzuto himself was quoted saying in 2001 that there were 19 made guys in Montreal. These guys formed the old Bonanno crew that became disfunctional after Sciascia was killed as he was the direct link between Montreal and New York. However, the Montreal Mafia does have hundreds of associates, many of whom are of Italian descent. So in terms of muscle they can compare themselves with a New York family. But the Montreal Mafia consists of multiple factions.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/11/14 10:38 AM

So they had 19 made guys back then, about half of them have been killed.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/11/14 03:42 PM

atleast 10 of them were murder sure theres a list somewhere. they still havebt found the brother inlaws body. the guy whose bmw was found running down the street from his house. what if hes alive and comes home just went on along trip to florida. in the last few yers they killed the iron worker the guy I mexico and the old guy in his driveway a week after vito got home. I had this theory that vito killed everyone that was a made bonanno. I read that book 6th family and theres a pic of all the made guys and like everyone got merked. wait ing to find out who ever reads the cicale book who rizzuto was still sendind tribute in nyc till he got arrested in 2004. thought there ws a wiretap were rizzuto was heard telling vinny gorgeous he wasn't allowed in montreal.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/11/14 04:14 PM

I seriously doubt Rizzuto was sending tributes to anyone after Sciascia was killed and not totally sure he was even then.

As for Renda they ain't finding him and he ain't turning up anywhere any time soon.

Also you can't count Sal Montagna as a made guy in Montreal either, but the others were made guys in the GTA.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/11/14 04:33 PM

Ofcourse besides the old Bonanno crew members, there are also made guys operating in Montreal that belong to other families, such as members of the Cun trera-Caruana clan. Nowadays there are only a handful of old Bonanno crew members left, unless ofcourse new guys have been made. There is hardly any evidence of that, but it cannot be ruled out given the fact that they are so secretive. Two years ago a drug operation linked to the Bonanno family was dismantled in Montreal, which was somewhat suprising.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/12/14 04:07 PM

Man I wish someone high up in the Montreal faction would flip so we could get some concrete information on what happened to the Bonanno-Montreal relationship, when exactly it split and why. I think we have a fairly good picture, but much of it seems based on speculative possibilities.

To me it seems as though the seams began to split as soon as the Rizzutos took over but didn't come completely apart until just before the Sciascia hit and was possibly the catalyst for said hit. Wikipedia, citing "the sixth family", claims that Sciascia kept taking Rizzuto's side in disagreements with Massino and began acting more independently, making him a possible threat to Massino's leadership.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/12/14 05:06 PM

That won't happen until the laws here change sentences here are too light and because of that there is no need for anyone to flip.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/12/14 05:08 PM

For anyone who's been keeping up with the charbonneau commission hearings-

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-ne...neau-commission

http://www.cjad.com/cjad-news/2014/11/11/politicians-say-no-to-deals-with-organized-crime
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/12/14 05:17 PM

That won't happen until the laws here change sentences here are too light and because of that there is no need for anyone to flip.

That's exactly right. When you're only looking at ten or twelve years for a murder, there's really no need for a Witsec Program up there.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/12/14 06:40 PM

I'm ready for the Desjardins trial to see what evidence they actually have on those messages.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/12/14 07:58 PM

They don't seem to have much issue getting bikers to flip on their MC's, I think it's more than light sentencing, although that certainly plays a significant role.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/13/14 04:06 AM

it's undeniable that avoiding jail time is the #1 reason why people flip but there might be someone who'll jump ship for another reason

like saving his life or getting back at those who muscled him out for instance

not to mention born-again christians lol
Posted By: antimafia

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/19/14 01:13 AM

French-language media outlet TVA Nouvelles is speculating that Stefano Sollecito is Vito Rizzuto's successor.

Un successeur potentiel pour Vito Rizzuto?

Link:

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/faitsdivers/archives/2014/11/20141118-214921.html

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/19/14 03:32 PM

I'm still not so sure Rocco is not the real boss behind the scenes and I still laugh at Leonardo being the boss. It just doesn't make sense as Leonardo never got his hands dirty.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/19/14 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
it's undeniable that avoiding jail time is the #1 reason why people flip but there might be someone who'll jump ship for another reason

like saving his life or getting back at those who muscled him out for instance

not to mention born-again christians lol

The Montreal law enforcement doesn't seem to lean on the Rizzutos much at all. It was the same thing with the HA/Rock Machine war. Very little was done until there was a tremendous amount of public backlash.

Could be corruption or just lazy police work. Regardless, I still think ten years of your life is a lot to give up. Heck, even five years in the prison system would be a lot to me. Probably a good thing i'm not involved in crime of any kind.
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/22/14 12:45 PM

PALERMO, SICILY — After release from a U.S. prison, Canada’s embattled Mafia boss Vito Rizzuto summoned top henchmen to secret meetings in Cuba and the Dominican Republic to plot revenge on rivals, a court in Italy has heard.

And mobsters who didn’t accept his invitation were among his first targets.

An extensive wiretap probe in Palermo against a mobster from Canada who was living in Sicily reveals tantalizing details about the recent Mafia war that killed more than 40 people in Montreal, Toronto, Mexico and Italy.

“It’s like the saying goes — when the cat’s away the mice will play,” veteran mobster Juan Ramon Fernandez said about disloyalty to Rizzuto while he was in prison.

“But mice can only dance for a while, because they’re small,” he added as a warning of Rizzuto’s power.

Police in Palermo were secretly recording all of Fernandez’s phone calls at the time, capturing gangsters gossiping and scheming. The wiretaps are being presented at a murder trial in Palermo.

Rizzuto’s trips south allowed him to plot privately with his senior men about the attacks on his family, including the murders of his eldest son and father, police said.

Months before Rizzuto’s scheduled release from prison on Oct. 5, 2012, his friends were already making plans.

Fernandez frequently spoke with a man identified in court as Frank Campoli, 58, a Toronto businessman who is related by marriage to the Rizzuto family. Mr. Campoli said Rizzuto was planning a trip to Cuba on Nov. 22 and asked Fernandez to come, court heard.

“Yes, I’ll come, I’ll come,” said Fernandez.

Fernandez then immediately called a friend in Toronto, identified in court as Rosario Staffiere, 55, owner of a limousine rental firm, and told him of his conversation.

“He wanted to put me to the test,” Fernandez said. “He wanted to know if I still want to see him [Rizzuto], and I said ‘Yes, of course.’”

Then, he added with a laugh: “Take a shot in the f—ing head? Of course I’m going to see him.”

On the day of Rizzuto’s release, Fernandez again spoke with Mr. Campoli, court heard. “How is he?” Fernandez asked.

“I don’t know where the hell he went,” answered Mr. Campoli. “He didn’t want to be seen with anyone right now, know what I mean?”

A couple of days later, Fernandez was connected on a three-way call with a man referred to as “Number One,” whom police say was Rizzuto.

“Ray?” Rizzuto asked, using Fernandez’s nickname. “How are you?” But the phone connection was terrible. Everyone kept asking if the others could hear them.

“I can’t hear s—,” said Fernandez.

“I feel far away,” said Rizzuto.

The connection had faded — unless Rizzuto was voicing a larger metaphor of alientation.

Violence returned to Quebec along with Rizzuto.



A Perfect Gangster A Perfect Gangster

On Nov. 5, 2012 — a month after Rizzuto’s release and two weeks before his Cuba trip — Joseph Di Maulo, a veteran Quebec mobster, was gunned down in his driveway, a murder seen as the first volley of Rizzuto’s revenge.

Fernandez immediately phoned Canada asking about the shooting. He called a Montreal man identified in court as Antonio Carbone, 79, who was close to the mobsters.

Mr. Carbone said Rizzuto’s opponents were afraid, staying indoors, wearing bulletproof vests or driving armoured cars.

“The important ones are hiding,” Mr. Carbone said. “A few big names will soon feel…” he said, with his words trailing off.

The two men noted several Rizzuto opponents, alleged in court to be linked to the Mafia in Montreal, including: Tony Magi, a Montreal construction magnate; Tony Mucci, a man long alleged to be a senior member of the Mafia; Moreno Gallo, a longtime mafiosi; and Raynald Desjardins, a francophone gangster and brother-in-law of the murdered Mr. Di Maulo.

The Di Maulo murder worried Fernandez because he was close to Mr. Desjardins, who was identified in court as the leader of the rebellion against Rizzuto.

He decided not to go to Cuba and urgently tried to reach Rocco Sollecito, a member of Rizzuto’s inner circle, to explain why. Mr. Sollecito declined to take the call, court was told.

After missing the trip, the tone of Fernandez’s conversations with Rizzuto’s friends changed.

“You didn’t go there?” Mr. Carbone asked him, apparently surprised.

“No, no, I’m busy. I’m busy, Antonio,” replied Mr. Fernandez.

“You’re busy, huh?”

“Yes, f—, yes, busy.”

Fernandez was invited on a second trip, this one to Mexico in early January 2013, although police were uncertain if Rizzuto was personally there, and Fernandez again made excuses for not going.

For Rizzuto’s next trip to meet his men, Fernandez was not invited.

On Jan. 17, 2013, Fernandez spoke again with Mr. Carbone about Rizzuto, using the nickname “the Tall Guy,” police said.

“He left for the Republic, as they call it, Dominican Republic,” said Mr. Carbone.

“Who’s there?” Fernandez asked, sounding surprised, “the Tall Guy?”

“Yes.”

Three months later, Fernandez was ambushed and killed in Sicily. The men arrested for his murder are now on trial in Palermo and part of the evidence being presented is Fernandez’s links to the mob in Canada.

In an interview, Lt.-Col. Fabio Bottino, head of Palermo’s Carabinieri ROS, an anti-Mafia police unit, said the level of violence in Canada’s Mafia war is astounding.

“There were many more homicides from this war in Canada than in all of Sicily; many, many more.”

He said the wiretaps offer the best glimpse into Rizzuto’s response to the coup attempt.

The men on the wiretaps generally spoke English and authorities in Italy translated them for presentation in court.

Mr. Gallo was murdered in Mexico in November 2013. Mr. Rizzuto died a month later of natural causes.

The trial against two brothers, Pietro and Salvatore Scaduto, charged with murdering Fernandez, continues in Palermo.

National Post
Posted By: HandsomeStevie

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/22/14 12:52 PM

Not sure if anyone posted that article yet but its a really good read

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/22/14 01:00 PM

Yea it's been posted in another thread.
Posted By: antimafia

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/24/14 01:49 AM

Link:

http://www.journaldequebec.com/2014/11/18/la-police-sinvite-dans-une-fete-mafieuse

Translation (using Googke Translate)

The police is invited in a mafia party
Le Journal de Québec
Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 9:12 p.m.

The police recently invited to the anniversary of an Italian criminal described as the rising star of the Montreal Mafia.

On 29 October, Stefano Sollecito, the son of the alleged interim sponsor of the Montreal mafia, was celebrating his 47th birthday at the cafe Lounge 5 Jarry Street East, Montreal, north of Little Italy, with several individuals linked to organized crime.

Among the sixty guests, the police recognized several familiar faces from the mafia. According to our sources, they also saw representatives of the Hells Angels and street gangs.

These investigators squad Eclipse SPVM responsible to prevent violent crimes in the bars of the city, took the opportunity to renew their "photo album" to use police jargon.

"They were more taking notes, asking everyone their license. They stayed for nearly two hours, "said a source who witnessed the events, who asked not to be identified.

Interim godfather

Stefano Solliceto [Sollecito] is none other than the son of Rocco Sollecitto [Sollecito], identified as the acting mob boss, according to several sources.

This faithful lieutenant Vito Rizzuto (see box) would have allowed the Montreal underworld to find common ground to calm the wars caused by the vacuum left by the deaths of three Rizzuto Jr. Nicolo, Nicolo and finally Vito.

According to our information, attend the anniversary of Stephano [Stefano] Sollecito was advised to all those who wanted to be (or remain) in the good graces of the family.

Known character

Stephano [Stefano] Sollecito was sentenced, inter alia, to four years in prison in 2003 for ecstasy in an attempt to expand the Montreal Mafia in Toronto traffic.

It has been observed many times by the RCMP now famous Club Social Cosenza in the mills of anti-mafia operation Colosseum, as well as bar Laennec Laval. It has also been seen playing golf with mafia Francesco Arcadi and former Godfather himself, Vito Rizzuto.

It is he who escorted the deceased sponsor at the Montreal-Trudeau airport on his departure for the Dominican Republic in January 2013.

The police reports say that the 2007 Stefano could be used as a "drug courier" by his father.

"Of course if several major criminals were invited to the feast of Stefano, the sure sign that he takes the gallon. This guy started in the street and he brewed not bad. It is quite possible that the mafia has made a MadeMan (a man of honor), "recounts a police source.

Successor

"The Rizutto have vowed not to leave power in the hands of others. Now that fell Rizzuto and Leonardo Rizzuto (the only son still living Vito) is tipped to succeed his father, it would fall under the direction Rocco Solicetto [Sollecito] may designate his son to manage criminal family business "said the former head of criminal intelligence SPVM, Richard Dupuis.

Reached by our Bureau of Investigation, the owner of the Lounge 5 did not seem too bothered by the presence of Eclipse home.

"They (Stephano [Stefano] and guests) have eaten at the restaurant next door and some came here then, he said. The police did not take pictures inside, they were correct bin. "

- In collaboration with Marie-Pier Cloutier

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/24/14 06:13 AM

on the same site:

Arson occurred early Monday at the Ristorante La Cantina, a facility known among other things for its ancient links with the mafia Montreal scene and located in the borough of Ahuntsic-Cartierville in Montreal.

The fire started around 1 am in the facility located at the intersection of West Legendre Street and Saint-Laurent Boulevard. Police were called to the scene because the alarm was triggered for a break. Upon arrival, patrol found instead start a fire.

The flames were quickly brought under control by firefighters, requested to the scene.

"Some elements on the stage predict leave a incendiary device was launched commercially," said the spokesman of the police department of the City of Montreal, Sewing Handbook. Investigators from the arson division appraised the scene overnight.

Ristorante La Cantina had headlines in August 2009 when one of the owners of the establishment, Federico Del Peschio, was shot dead in the restaurant parking lot. It was very close to Vito Rizzuto and his father, Nicolo.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/24/14 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
I'm still not so sure Rocco is not the real boss behind the scenes and I still laugh at Leonardo being the boss. It just doesn't make sense as Leonardo never got his hands dirty.

Again, this misconception of guys must having to have gotten their hands dirty to be inducted into a crime family, is just that, a misconception. I've always known Leonardo to be the clean one, according sources, the closest he got to his fathers life was being a lawyer for the family itself. However, things change, Frank DeSimone was a lawyer for other wiseguys before becoming the boss of the LA Family. I'm just saying, Leonardo being in the thick of things as far as administration for the Montreal Family, isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/24/14 06:10 PM

I don't mean he got dirty as in popping anyone nor do I think you have to. But I sure as hell don't see everyone falling in line with Leonardo either. He was in on most of Vito's legit dealings and more than likely a good bit of dirty dealings too, but he has never been thought of as a gangster. That's what I mean by getting his hands dirty. Now that everyone around him is dead I seriously doubt he changes career paths.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/24/14 09:29 PM

Now that everyone around him is dead I seriously doubt he changes career paths.

+1

Leonardo Rizzuto isnt a gangster and its highly unlikely he's made let alone likely to form part of the admin.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/25/14 03:34 AM

You don't have to be a gangster to be apart of a crime family though. Tommy Gambino wasn't a gangster, Michael Francheze wasn't a gangster, hell, Paul Castellano later on in his life stopped being a gangster. Anything is possible, the fact that Leonardo being in it is even being reported in Montreal, attest's to that.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/25/14 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
You don't have to be a gangster to be apart of a crime family though. Tommy Gambino wasn't a gangster, Michael Francheze wasn't a gangster, hell, Paul Castellano later on in his life stopped being a gangster. Anything is possible, the fact that Leonardo being in it is even being reported in Montreal, attest's to that.

But people like Tommy Gambino wasn't supposed to be running the family either, like they are claiming Leonardo was supposedly doing. Big Paul wasn't a gangster later in life like say Dellacroce, but he robbed and ran numbers in his younger years so yea you could say he was a gangster. Just because he tried to change his image doesn't mean he was never a gangster.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/25/14 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

But people like Tommy Gambino wasn't supposed to be running the family either, like they are claiming Leonardo was supposedly doing. Big Paul wasn't a gangster later in life like say Dellacroce, but he robbed and ran numbers in his younger years so yea you could say he was a gangster. Just because he tried to change his image doesn't mean he was never a gangster.

Check my post in the "can a guy become a boss without killing" thread. I already stated Big Paul was a gangster in his younger years. But that's not why he was instilled as boss, he was made boss because of his know-how in the white collar crimes. And again, Frank DeSimone was a mob lawyer before becoming boss, he isn't known for doing anything too violent aside from raping a underlings wife, depending what side you believe. I'm just saying, Leonardo having a position in the adminstration, or running things solo, isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Re: montreal mafia boss 2014 - 11/26/14 04:02 PM

Is it me or is *insert mobster* raping someone becoming a recurring theme around here?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET