Home

Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable?

Posted By: NickyScarfo

Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/29/14 07:41 AM

Don't hear much about them for a while, stuff going on in NJ seems to be more Genovese and other NY families. Anyone got info on their current status? Did some new guys get made etc?
Posted By: pmac

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/29/14 12:50 PM

the new England mob and philly mob keep trucking along indictment after another this family in the heart of new jersey why wouldn't they be around. the new York families told them stop inducting new York guys. that probably made it stronger. they family was always inducting theres kids and blood cousins. the whole luchese nj crew is under indictment the Genovese just got scooped up so someones making money. what john riggi about 90. read greg depalma was on wiretap with the fat fed calling him a rat cause he plead guilty to some old hit for gotti and said he was a mafia member
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/29/14 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Don't hear much about them for a while, stuff going on in NJ seems to be more Genovese and other NY families. Anyone got info on their current status? Did some new guys get made etc?

Supposedly the family made 12 new members between 2001 and 2006. It is said to have 40-50 total members. I'm not ready to write the family off yet but they are probably the weakest of the remaining families that are still considered viable.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/29/14 03:03 PM

Is guarraci still acting boss ? I read a story sayin Charlie majuri was boss now , not sure how much truth is in that story , Miranda is supposed underboss and vitabile is consigliere
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/29/14 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
the new England mob and philly mob keep trucking along indictment after another this family in the heart of new jersey why wouldn't they be around. the new York families told them stop inducting new York guys. that probably made it stronger. they family was always inducting theres kids and blood cousins. the whole luchese nj crew is under indictment the Genovese just got scooped up so someones making money. what john riggi about 90. read greg depalma was on wiretap with the fat fed calling him a rat cause he plead guilty to some old hit for gotti and said he was a mafia member

Well I'm pretty sure that both genovese and lucchese have somebody to fill the void.

DeCav-wise I dunno if we should still consider Riggi active, maybe in name only out of respect sorta thing

Due to the high ratio of wiseguys that NJ boasts I reckon that those left hanging there have to be "forced" to by family/blood obligations.
Otherwise they'd have migrated towards stronger and more profitable crews.
Posted By: JoeTheBoss

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/29/14 07:24 PM

What is the decavalcante structure looking like these days? anybody have a clue?
Posted By: dsbaloo

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/29/14 11:23 PM

im not sure.. but that family always interested me... ive seen quite a few new really recent pics of Charlie majuri and hes looking fucking old... he must be high up in the family considering he was on the panel years ago and has been around forever

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 03:59 AM

Where have u seen the recent pics of him ? Wouldn't mind seeing those myself
Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 11:20 AM

Girolamo "Jimmy" Palermo recently passed away...

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/app/obituary.aspx?n=girolamo-palermo-jimmy&pid=169556596&

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 11:22 AM

The DeCavalcantes are still around with their main base in Elizabeth, some action in and around Newark area, and they have a presence in Toms River at the shore as well...

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 11:23 AM

So did captain little sal timpani
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 12:41 PM

Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
The DeCavalcantes are still around with their main base in Elizabeth, some action in and around Newark area, and they have a presence in Toms River at the shore as well...

No one has said anything to the contrary. I haven't even posted here yet because this is another one of those threads that pops up every three months. And when you've been here awhile you just get tired of reading and posting about the same old and tired topics.

Anyway, I think what most of the posters are trying to convey is this: The weakest crime family in New Jersey is the only homegrown family in the state. It's very telling is all. They're still around, but I think they'll eventually get swallowed up by the Jersey factions of the New York families.
Posted By: Red_63

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti

No one has said anything to the contrary. I haven't even posted here yet because this is another one of those threads that pops up every three months. And when you've been here awhile you just get tired of reading and posting about the same old and tired topics.

Anyway, I think what most of the posters are trying to convey is this: The weakest crime family in New Jersey is the only homegrown family in the state. It's very telling is all. They're still around, but I think they'll eventually get swallowed up by the Jersey factions of the New York families.

When the pie gets bigger they'll jump ship. They already have alliances with these guys there to stuck to move or to stupid to leave ..holla
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 01:40 PM

I've heard people say they have a big presence in Ocean County/Toms River area, now I don't know how true that is, but there's loads of Italians down there
Posted By: British

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 04:36 PM

So after 2006 nobody has been made?

I cant see that being the case

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 09:46 PM

Yes, Toms River is predominantly Italian. Toms River has a strong mob presence as most of the NY/NJ guys have summer homes in Toms River. The Lucchese gambling bust with Pernas had a making ceremony at one of the Perna kids summer homes in Toms River. http://articles.philly.com/2010-07-06/news/24966418_1_crime-family-lucchese-investigator

However, the Genovese and Decavalcantes seem to mainly have the strongest presence in the area in and around Toms River at the shore. The Gambinos too I guess you can say somewhat too have a presence as Andrew Merola had a second home in Toms River. http://www.fbi.gov/newark/press-releases/2010/nk102910.htm

Jimmy Palermo lived in the Ortley Beach section of Toms River and owned a restaurant in Ortley Beach as well. Joseph Collina also operated as a soldier in the Decavalcantes out of Toms River too. They were both indicted for bribing an Ocean County Building inspector back in 2001.
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/13/nyregion/metro-briefing.html

The Philly family used to have some guys who lived in the Toms River area back in the day via their Newark crew like for instance Frenchie Lepore comes to mind. http://newjerseyhills.com/alleged-mobste...a.html?mode=jqm

There was also a mob hit back in 1984 in Toms River. http://articles.philly.com/1993-06-16/news/25973327_1_golf-clubs-lucchese-martin-taccetta

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 09:58 PM

Yes, Sal Timpani recently passed away as well and he too also operated in and around Toms River for the Decavalcantes before he semi retired and moved back to Italy. The link below of his obituary has a recent picture of him.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/app/obituary.aspx?pid=169277216

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/17/nyregi...union-case.html

Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 11:12 PM

It's hard to say how they're doing tbh. While they've lost a few top guys they've been under the radar for a while, maybe they're struggling, who knows. They still have around 45 made guys, haven't got a clue how many are active though.

Maybe the feds have took an eye off them and are concentrating on the 3 NY families presence in Jersey.
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/30/14 11:13 PM

I heard that the Philly family was down to 20 made guys recently. That ballpark correct?
Posted By: Red_63

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/31/14 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I heard that the Philly family was down to 20 made guys recently. That ballpark correct?

I've seen this posted a lot viewing the net over time, there not as sophisticated because the rats and surveillance shut down so many rackets why invest time in money in shit when the end game for these guys is age 43
Posted By: K1NG6

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/31/14 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Red_63
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

I've seen this posted a lot viewing the net over time, there not as sophisticated because the rats and surveillance shut down so many rackets why invest time in money in shit when the end game for these guys is age 43

They've got about 25 made guys on the street right now. They've got a few high ranking guys in prison - Gaeton Lucibello was just recently released to a halfway house and Marty Angelina is due out in July 2015, while South Jersey capo Anthony Staino will be imprisoned until 2020 and former underboss Mousie Massimino in the can until 2025. Several other guys are questionable whether they remain active or not (Merlino and Phil Narducci). Ligambi may be retired; some speculate that he is semi-retired and filling in as the consigliere right now on an acting basis. And there are a few other guys that are borderline regarding whether they are or aren't made, like "Stevie Gongs" Casasanto, Andrew Micali, and Nicholas "The Hat" Cimino.

That ballpark number is close, but it only pertains as to active made guys out on the street currently. Factor in the active guys who are in prison (Angelina, Canalichio, Lucibello, Massimino, Nicodemo, and Staino) and they've got at the very minimum 30 made guys. If you add in guys like Merlino, Ligambi, and the Narducci brothers that we can't confirm if they remain active, and a few others that I mentioned who may or may not be inducted, the official number resides between 30-40 active made guys.

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/31/14 09:17 AM

Louie Consalvo & Greg Rago got out recently. Louie probably a capo
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/31/14 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
It's hard to say how they're doing tbh. While they've lost a few top guys they've been under the radar for a while, maybe they're struggling, who knows. They still have around 45 made guys, haven't got a clue how many are active though.

Maybe the feds have took an eye off them and are concentrating on the 3 NY families presence in Jersey.

yeah because they're not worth arresting at the moment

they were never that strong and got battered by the feds and bosses flipping

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 10/31/14 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

yeah because they're not worth arresting at the moment

they were never that strong and got battered by the feds and bosses flipping

Neither are Philly tbh yet the feds think they're poker machines are a huge threat.

They were never a strong family but they had/have powerful guys.

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/01/14 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: British
So after 2006 nobody has been made?

I cant see that being the case

Didn't say that. Just that 2006 is the last year we're aware of when new guys were supposedly made.
Posted By: miklo

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/04/14 11:19 AM

What family are still in business?
how much rest he family what their actual
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/04/14 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: miklo
how much rest he family what their actual

Huh? lol

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/04/14 04:41 PM

how many families are still active?

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/04/14 04:52 PM

I would say 11 five New York , buffalo , decavalcante , patriarca , Philly , Chicago , Detroit

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/04/14 05:09 PM

Originally Posted By: miklo
how many families are still active?

If we're talking formally structured, viable families recognized by the feds, as well as most OC experts, there are 9 or 10 left - the 5 NY families, New Jersey, New England, Philadelphia, Chicago and maybe Detroit.

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/04/14 09:07 PM

his means that families
-Saint-louis
-kansas
-Los Angeles
-Tampa ...... Extinct?

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/04/14 09:18 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
I would say 11 five New York , buffalo , decavalcante , patriarca , Philly , Chicago , Detroit

I wouldn't really call Buffalo viable, they've probably got 10 made gusy left, at best.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/04/14 09:26 PM

Buffalo has around 20 made guys left.
Posted By: Primo

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/04/14 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Scalish

Well but according to The Arm....
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/05/14 02:28 AM

Is there any structure left in Buffalo? Without a boss and capos there is no family.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/05/14 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: mulberry
Is there any structure left in Buffalo?

No.

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/05/14 03:26 AM

Yeah there is still a viable family in buffalo with 20 plus made guys , I think there is 3 capos , that proves they have some sort of structure , bobby panaro is boss and I think joe todaro jnr is acting as consigliere

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/05/14 07:29 AM

They still have an administration which tells me they are not big but are still viable.

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/05/14 07:43 AM

Agreed scalish

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/05/14 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Scalish

How many of them are active? Probably half. They're basically a crew, not a family.

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/05/14 08:27 AM

Boss- Leonard Falzone Age 79 still active
Underboss- Robert "Bobby" Panaro Jr Age 72 still active
Consigliere- Joseph Todaro Jr and Victor Sansanese both are 69 and Victor is still active Joe is pretty much done.
Captain (Buffalo)- Frank "Butchie Bifocals" Bifulco Age 69 out of prison now and active.
Captain (Utica)- Russell "Russ" Carcone Age 60 and active.
Captain (Hamilton)- Dominic "Dom" Italiano Age 68 and active.
Soldier (Hamilton)- Ignazio "Harold" Bordonaro Age 73 and active.
Soldier (Utica)- Pasquale "Paddy" Brindisi Age 72 and active.
Soldier (Buffalo)- Salvatore "Sam" Cardinale Age 79 not active.
Soldier (Hamilton)- Paul "Paulie" Cipolla Age 67 in bad health and not active.
Soldier (Utica)- Philip "Phil" Corelli Age 51 still active.
Soldier (Utica)- James "Jimmy" Feliciano Age 37 still active.
Soldier (Utica)- Frank Ferraro Age 71 still active.
Soldier (Buffalo)- Peter Gerace Age 68 still active.
Soldier (Hamilton)- Vincent "Vinny" Lombardo Age 65 Still active.
Soldier (Utica)- Frances "Frank" Marino Age 75 still active.
Soldier (Buffalo)- John Pieri Age 75 still active.
Soldier (Hamilton)- Joseph "Joey Paps" Pugliese Age 64 still active.
Soldier (Buffalo)- Joseph Randazzo Age 74 still active.

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/05/14 08:51 AM

I would call that a viable family all be it a small one . Still viable though

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/05/14 08:54 AM

Me too my friend.

Re: Is the DeCavalcante family still Viable? - 11/06/14 10:23 PM

Philip Abramo Suspect in unsolved Homicide
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET