Home

Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano?

Posted By: The_Don_Is_Dead

Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/21/14 03:37 AM

Is there any known audio of Lucky Luciano, Albert Anastasia or
Al Capone? I was watching videos of Vito Genovese in front of the McClellan hearings which can be found in the NBC archives online and Frank Costello in his infamous appearance in front of the Kefauver Committee. Made me wonder if there were any recordings of any of the three.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/21/14 03:49 AM

It would be great to discover that Luciano's testimony at his prostitution trial is on a tape somewhere collecting dust.

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/21/14 06:40 AM

Jesus, why don't they make it public domain already lol that's a piece of history right there. I wish i had a time machine which enabled invisibility so i could see these guys in person. brb building a time machine

EDIT: misread what you wrote lol i thought you meant that there is a tape. Basing how he'd sound on how he looked, i'd think that he'd have a bit of a nasal voice
Posted By: rickydelta

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/21/14 06:50 AM

Yeah when you do let me come lol . Does any one know how many men lucky luciano Killed i Heard he Killed 20 men my sources are from books and crime mags any other sources any one know about ?
Posted By: fortunato

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/21/14 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: The_Don_Is_Dead
Basing how he'd sound on how he looked, i'd think that he'd have a bit of a nasal voice

A slightly thick rich accent that is nasal. That's how I suspect he sounded.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/21/14 12:08 PM

There's an early karaoke tape of Lucky and Meyer doing "Me and My Shadow." But YouTube keeps taking it down due to copyright issues.
Posted By: fortunato

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/21/14 12:51 PM

I would love to hear that
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/21/14 04:37 PM

pb is always joking. the real tape is of lucky Luciano and a young oprah winfrey.

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/22/14 01:54 AM

There was a documentary I saw on Luciano several days ago on cable TV. It showed a clip. Many of you have probably seen this clip. Luciano is older and walking and talking with another man. He is wearing a hat. He quickly gets into a vehicle, and then speeds away with one hand over his mouth.

Once upon a time, that video might have had audio.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/22/14 05:54 PM

Not sure about Luciano but there is absolutely no known audio recording of Capone. Audio solo or video with audio... Niente!

"Experts" disagree on many things Capone but this one is undisputed.

By the way - I heard it was Luciano & Lansky singing "Reunited" as a duet... wink
Posted By: donplugconnected

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 09/14/15 10:15 PM

i kind of find it interesting that there was no audio from capone or luciano. they both loved being the top dawgs. BUT yet there is audio of meyer lansky who was more modest than either of these two men. i too was looking for audio of luciano for a while but couldn't find it. i imagine luciano had more of an italian accent than a new york accent. but i could imagine him having a new york accent seeing he moved to new york at 9 so he had to have an accent right? but then i truly have no idea.
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 09/15/15 01:19 AM

There's no known audio of Luciano, but there's a movie about Luciano starring Gian Maria Volante and he supposedly sounded a lot like him.

Deirdre Capone hired a voice actor to read a script to show what he sounded like. It's on her website. People said he had a high nasally voice. http://blog.unclealcapone.com/2012/02/listen-to-al-capone-speak.html

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 09/16/15 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: donplugconnected
i kind of find it interesting that there was no audio from capone or luciano. they both loved being the top dawgs. BUT yet there is audio of meyer lansky who was more modest than either of these two men. i too was looking for audio of luciano for a while but couldn't find it. i imagine luciano had more of an italian accent than a new york accent. but i could imagine him having a new york accent seeing he moved to new york at 9 so he had to have an accent right? but then i truly have no idea.

Joe Bonanno said that Luciano spoke a mixture of Italian and English. That rings true since he was not well educated in the traditional sense and his parents were from the old country. From the quotations I've read of Luciano's, outside of Last Testament, his English was very good, or at least he seemed to say exactly what he meant, without any slang. The language we read in the Last Testament might be contrived gutter language designed to sound like a "Gangs of New York" ancient 5 Points dialect. It doesn't match up perfectly with the real quotes the news media of the time attributed to him.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 09/18/15 11:42 PM

People always say how Americanized Luciano was, so I always imagined he had a heavy American accent.

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 09/30/15 12:10 AM

lol @ ancient 5 point dialect
Posted By: Ivan

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 09/30/15 12:43 AM

Al Capone?

There is a clip of Anastasia addressing the Longshoremen in the ABC news archive collection, but I cannot find the link. He says something like "We are-a good American-a citizens. And-a we are-a good tax-a-payers."

Anyone got the link? It's the same collection with the clip of Joe Colombo telling some hippie that he should cut his hair because it's best for boys and girls to be distinguishable.
Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 09/30/15 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Joe Bonanno said that Luciano spoke a mixture of Italian and English.

Similar to Spanglish then.........Itanglish or, Engtalian.

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/02/15 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Ivan
Al Capone?

There is a clip of Anastasia addressing the Longshoremen in the ABC news archive collection, but I cannot find the link. He says something like "We are-a good American-a citizens. And-a we are-a good tax-a-payers."

Anyone got the link? It's the same collection with the clip of Joe Colombo telling some hippie that he should cut his hair because it's best for boys and girls to be distinguishable.

I am not too sure if that is Anastasia. He looks like him but i'm not too sure.

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/02/15 02:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hORU40ENCA
here is the one of albert anastia nvm he aint even talk.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/02/15 04:54 AM

The video Ivan is referring to isnt Albert Anasasia, it's his brother.

Re: Is there any audio of Lucky Luciano? - 10/02/15 05:59 AM

i knew that. i know everything
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET