Home

Mobsters attacked in prison

Posted By: americafyeah

Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/13/14 03:09 PM

I just found this interesting bit of info, not sure if it's common knowledge..

"The Man Who Tried to Kill Al Capone"
http://www.nps.gov/alca/historyculture/the-man-who-tried-to-kill-al-capone.htm

Jimmy "Tex" Lucas

In 1934, James "Tex" Lucas was serving 30 years in federal prison for bank robbery and auto theft. The Texas native also had a detainer in his home state that totaled 128 years. Charges included murder, robbery, and escape.
In January of 1935, he and his crime partner Jack Hardin were transferred to Alcatraz from Leavenworth for closer custody. Lucas was 22-years-old.

"Lucas proved to be a troublemaker at Alcatraz. He participated in a work strike in 1936 and was known to engage in clandestine conduct on a consistent basis. On June, 23, 1936, Lucas viciously attacked Al Capone in the shower room. Using half of a pair of scissors, he slashed the Chicago gangster several times. Capone suffered a minor chest wound and superficial cuts to his hands. All Lucas said in his own defense was “Well he threatened to kill me.” He subsequently lost all his good time, 3600 days."

---------------------------------------------------------------
Mickey Cohen was assaulted in prison

http://www.alcatrazhistory.com/cohen-3.htm

"On August 14, 1963, fellow inmate Burl Estes McDonald, entered an electronics repair training facility and wielding a three-foot iron pipe, snuck up from behind, and bludgeoned the unsuspecting Mickey into unconsciousness. Cohen sustained a critical head injury resulting from shards of skull fragments that had to be removed from brain tissue which had hemorrhaged. Mickey underwent extensive neurosurgery and following a two week coma, doctors inserted a steel plate to replace the mangled bone fragments in the rear skull region."

---------------------------------------------------------------
of course everyone here knows of the Gotti incident, and others like Genovese putting the hit out on Valachi in the Atlanta federal prison. but what are some of the other incidents in U.S. prisons where mobsters have been assaulted, or even killed?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/13/14 03:28 PM

From what i've read Capone was taunted a lot in prison..
Posted By: bronx

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/13/14 03:29 PM

mob guys fight all the time in prison, mostly with each other..if you were in prison, you fought ..all bets off in there, you disrespect someone that knows what you are,get your orange jump suit ready
Posted By: JerseyShine

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/13/14 03:51 PM

Billy Bright (Pitera co-defendant) was killed by the AB...they were hired by Mark Reiter because he blamed him and Tommy for shooting his brothers face off.

Didn't some Cleavland member get killed in prison (might've been a paid hit by LCN members)?

Persico got OJ'd in the face by a DC black.

I heard a rumor Merlino got KO'd by a DC black.

Stanfa got smashed in the face by some Greek guy with connections to Merlino.

And others...

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/13/14 03:58 PM

marks r son..
Posted By: pmac

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/13/14 04:31 PM

Came up in Springfield fusco trial he helped that boss Ernie in a fight with another inmate put him in good standing to bad he was found not guilty of 2 murders but got 25yrs anyway
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/13/14 05:00 PM

Genovese member Anthony 'little pussy' russo and a bunch of his associates were assaulted and shanked in trenton state prison by a group of black inmates during 71.
Posted By: BorderProtector

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/13/14 06:04 PM

Damn it really shows you how vulnerable mobsters are.They are like any other non affiliated inmate there. Or even worse if the prison gangs find out they are mobsters because of that street rep/fame for knocking out a mobster.
Posted By: Holyoke

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/13/14 06:13 PM

PMAC, I remember reading that article about Fusco. The way it was written made it sound like Fusco snuck up on the victim and beat the shit outta him. Either way, that was an interesting read. I'd imagine there are hundreds, if not thousands, of assaults that have happened that we'll never hear about.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/13/14 08:26 PM

I would not go as far as to say that they are as vulnerable as any non affiliated prisoner as some inmates do look up to them, and in some fed prisons they have decent numbers. I'd say the biggest issue is guys thinking "Hey he has money" and targeting them for extortion as happened to Gotti, supposedly Merlino in Beaumont, and others.

It is obvious they are not invincible by any means, and have to abide by the prison gangs politics. It is simply a different environment.
Posted By: Sal_Bronte

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/13/14 09:15 PM

werent there some incidents involving Scarfo guys? I remember the one about Joey Punge and I want to say Wayne Grande but wasnt there more than that? I want to say it was a Narducci but i could have Grande confused with a Narducci?
Posted By: bobbyvegas

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 12:21 AM

I heard some brothers in terra haute indiana prison got into a beef with merlino. Merlino squashed the beef by reaching out to the jbm gang from philly. Apparently jbf had ties to a chicago gang that has a big appearance in indiana prisons.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 12:47 AM

Allie Calabrese was the Cleveland mobster beaten in prison. He died of a stroke from the beating. I don't think it was a mob hit but some rumor had it that Joe Loose ordered the hit. Allie was Joe's boss back in the day
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: JerseyShine
Billy Bright (Pitera co-defendant) was killed by the AB...they were hired by Mark Reiter because he blamed him and Tommy for shooting his brothers face off.

Didn't some Cleavland member get killed in prison (might've been a paid hit by LCN members)?

Persico got OJ'd in the face by a DC black.

I heard a rumor Merlino got KO'd by a DC black.

Stanfa got smashed in the face by some Greek guy with connections to Merlino.

And others...

Never heard about the Persico thing. Was it tge Snake and what happened?
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 12:58 AM

I don't know, but i read Carmine was an unbelievable microwave chef, made the best spaghetti and white clam sauce.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 02:11 AM

Anthony casso was given a smack in prison by big sal michiota I seem to remember

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 02:13 AM

Anthony (Gaspipe) Casso, one of the city's most lethal gangsters until he turned government songbird, made a billy club out of a rolled-up magazine to carry out a frenzied New Year's Eve attack on another jailed informer, the Daily News has learned. But the magazine didn't prove much of a weapon, and prison guards had to step in and save Casso before his subscription was canceled by his angry 350-pound adversary, Salvatore (Big Sal) Miciotta, sources said. After the fracas, the men, who have been feuding for months, were each placed in solitary confinement to await transfers to other federal prisons with special units for cooperating witnesses, sources said. Casso, the former Luchese underboss, is about 5-foot-8 and 165 pounds. He began cooperating in 1994 but has not yet testified at trial. He has reportedly admitted taking part in 36 slayings and is awaiting sentencing. Miciotta, who has admitted involvement in four homicides, began cooperating a year earlier and has testified several times. He is serving a 14-year sentence. Sources said the fight broke out after dinner as Miciotta, 50, was playing cards with other protected inmates, who are housed separately from prisoners against whom they have testified. Casso, 56, "came up behind Big Sal" on an elevated cellblock walkway carrying a tightly rolled magazine in his hands, leaned through a railing and started beating Miciotta on his head, one source said. "Since this was not a very efficient weapon and Big Sal is a very large man, this did not render Big Sal helpless," he said. Miciotta reached through a walkway railing, grabbed Casso by the shirt, pulled him through the railing, and "beat the daylights out of Gaspipe until the [guards] got him off Gaspipe," he said. "I'm not surprised about the outcome, but I am surprised that Gaspipe started up with Sal," said one law enforcement source. "Without his gun," the source said, "Gaspipe was not a tough guy. Sal could handle himself and towers over him.

" Federal authorities would not comment on the altercation.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 12:59 PM

I won't pretend that I am extensively versed on this topic, but it would seem to me that mafia in prison are subjected to much of the same crap as anyone else. Where they once probably had a lot of influence, now they do not have as much. The prison gangs rule prison as they invariably are not ever getting out and they have significant numbers incarcerated for life.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
I won't pretend that I am extensively versed on this topic, but it would seem to me that mafia in prison are subjected to much of the same crap as anyone else. Where they once probably had a lot of influence, now they do not have as much. The prison gangs rule prison as they invariably are not ever getting out and they have significant numbers incarcerated for life.

While I don't think mafiosi have the kind of pull in prison portrayed in Goodfellas, I don't think they are the easy targets some claim they are or just like any other inmate. Most of the examples of mobsters being attacked that I've read about on these forums are not easy to substantiate. And the ones that are are few and far between. Especially when you consider how many mobsters in how many prisons there are.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 02:22 PM

Appreciate the sanity check Ivy!
Posted By: Ted

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: BorderProtector
Damn it really shows you how vulnerable mobsters are.They are like any other non affiliated inmate there.

I don't know about that. Being a member of a gang/crime family will always carry at least some weight even if there aren't any other guys there with you. They definitely aren't the same as nonaffliated inmates. How you carry yourself in prison will be the most important thing 95% of the time.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 03:09 PM

Don't forget about this indictment. whistle

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=571224
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

While I don't think mafiosi have the kind of pull in prison portrayed in Goodfellas, I don't think they are the easy targets some claim they are or just like any other inmate. Most of the examples of mobsters being attacked that I've read about on these forums are not easy to substantiate. And the ones that are are few and far between. Especially when you consider how many mobsters in how many prisons there are.

I think it depends on which prison and the time period involved. Lewisburg in the 1960s was supposed to have a large Mafia population, probably Leavenworth too. Where there's large numbers there's protection.

As for mobsters getting beat up or attacked, according to one source Lucky Luciano was assaulted by one of his own men, Little Davie Petillo.
Posted By: botz

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 05:44 PM

A biker in prison would have more support than a mobster would.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 06:23 PM

botz wouldn't a biker have a lot more enermies in prison depending what state he's locked up in. lcn guys are lcn guys everywhere, were bikers from different groups kill each other all the time. I hear a lot about new England lcn guys mostly associates hang aroumd with other cities lcn guys.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 06:26 PM

ive seen a lot of pics like a bank robber from providence taking a pic with gotti jr. and the guys only a asc. were I don't think the bikers would ever take a picture with another biker from another crew. does the h.a.s and pagan beef go away on prison? think ive seen pics of bikers with a lcn guy. scarfo got pics with black muslims.on this site somewhere.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/14/14 07:28 PM

Bikers in prison hang out with other bikers or other white groups. Like if a HA or Pagan were locked up together they would squash their politics from the outside and come together as one in prison.
Posted By: Red_63

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: botz
Bikers in prison hang out with other bikers or other white groups. Like if a HA or Pagan were locked up together they would squash their politics from the outside and come together as one in prison.

Yeah the White trash prison gangs are so inspiring! lol

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 05:23 AM

Independents- The Biggest White Boy Gang in the Feds
SEPTEMBER 28, 2014

independents imageIn the Bureau of Prisons, a variety of gangs exist, recruiting prisoners into their ranks like fraternities and calling shots on compounds across the nation. Joining a gang is not a prerequisite in the feds, but still a lot of prisoners take advantage of the benefits a prison gang offers. These perks include protection, strength in numbers, control of prison rackets like drugs, gambling and hooch, power, prestige and respect. It is a whole culture unto itself, where if you buy into it, you have to buy in fully, because there is no half-assing it in prison gangs.

Out of all the benefits available respect is the greatest currency, because without respect in prison you can get extorted, punked out and even sexually assaulted. This is why it is better to be feared than loved on the inside and gang members are usually the most feared convicts on the yard, because prisoners know if they cross someone who’s affiliated, it’s not only that individual that they have beef with. The whole gang will inherit the beef and sooner or later the person who crossed the gang member will pay, most likely with a shank in the back.

With prison being like a fish bowl, prisoners never know where they might end up and who will be there. Prisoners are always getting transferred in and out of institutions and they never know who will be rolling in on that bus. That makes the threat of the gang immediate and everlasting. News travels fast in the system and beefing with a prison gang can result in getting your head busted open by someone you have never met, but who has identified you and is planning your demise.

For whites there are a lot of gangs they can join if they so chose- the Aryan Brotherhood, Dirty White Boys, Aryan Circle, Nazi Low Riders, Aryan Brotherhood of Texas, Public Enemy #1, and Aryan Nation, among others. White boy gangs come in many shapes and sizes, depending on where you are from and what your personal style is. All of these gangs are prison and race based. The only qualifications to join are that you have to be white and not a snitch or chomo. A proclivity for violence helps.

On most compounds, white gangs with their numbers, dedication to the cause and organization, run the white boy car. The white boy car is the unofficial umbrella that all the whites are under for political purposes. Prison politics can involve many things like who gets greenlighted, who runs the dope, who runs the rackets like poker tables, stores, loan sharking, it can get complicated. In prison, it’s all about politics and whoever runs the white boy car is in effect, responsible for all the white prisoners on the compound. The shotcaller for the whites is a position of power, prestige and respect. The prisoner who calls the shots for the whites can influence and determine what happens on the yard, concerning the whites, in every imaginable way, and in the volatile world of prison, that is the ultimate power.

“Different gangs have different yards that they control,” Big Mike, a 34-year-old penitentiary veteran from Virginia, who has served two bids in the feds for drugs and guns, tells us. “Like the AB are strong out in Cali and some of the older penitentiaries like Leavenworth, Lewisburg and Atlanta. The DWB’s are real deep on the East Coast in joints like Big Sandy, Lee and Terre Haute. And then you got the ABT that dominates the Texas prison like Beaumont and other southern joints. But certain gangs can’t walk on certain yards.”

With alliances and beefs between the race based gangs over shifting and changing, the dynamics of prison politics alter life in the netherworld of corruption and violence in a nanosecond. As the power structure shifts and alliances change, different gangs come into power and certain individuals are greenlighted and put out of their misery. It can be a viscous circle of mistrust, paranoia and Machiavellian scheming. Eventually the majority of whites, who weren’t in gangs, got tired of the changing regimes and dealing with the fall out of the rivalries between the white boy gangs and decided to do something about it.

“At a lot of joints in the feds all the white boys, who weren’t associated, got together and decided that the guys in the gangs couldn’t walk,” Big Mike says. “They took over the yards for independent white boys. They were sick of all the infighting between the gangs about who was going to call the shots for the whites, so they checked in all the gang members and made it know that independents were running the yard and nobody associated with gangs could walk on the mainline anymore.” By checking in the white gang members and making them go to the hole, the independent whites seized power on their respective yards and held it for themselves. They refused to be under the wing or in cars run by the gang leaders, who acted as shotcallers for all the whites. Whether they were in gangs or not. And the vast majority of whites, who weren’t in gangs had no voice.

“It was sorta like government with no representation. There were a lot of problems,” Big Mike says. “These dudes in the gangs were making decisions for all the whites without even asking them what they thought. If you are a shot caller you are supposed to be fair and do the right thing for the white boy car. But too many times the shotcallers would look out for members of their gang and give them preferential treatment. It didn’t matter if the dude in their gang was totally in the wrong or out of order, the shotcaller would side with them, just because they were in the same gang or an allied gang. They would also attempt to discredit any whites that were in rival gangs or any who they thought was a threat to their power or a threat to take over the yard.”

Prison is a Machiavellian and cutthroat world where the strong prey on the weak but shotcallers, if they want to remain in power, must abide by the convict code and all its nuances. It can get very complicated, if someone is in the wrong and you have proof you can get them, but if you have no proof you just can’t get them because you want to. There would be too much fallout. If the gangs see strength in someone else they will try to get rid of them rather than confront them. They will attempt to discredit them in some way. It’s all about the right now. Because in prison new faces are always transferring in and old faces are transferred elsewhere. It’s like a revolving door. If a gang not in power gets the numbers than they will take over. That is how the politics work. More soldiers and bodies equals more power for the gangs.

But in the vast majorities of prisons the gang members are really the minority. There might be 15 ABT members in a prison with a population of 2000, 600 of that number being whites. So the minority of 15 ABT members call the shots for the other 585 whites. “The gangs can do this because wherever a prisoner goes in the system the gang members have brothers that got no problem sticking someone with a shank if that person is greenlighted by the gang,” Big Mike says. “They also can do this because of the fear they generate due to their affiliation and notoriety.”

Gangs like the Aryan Brotherhood are known to do whatever it takes to dispatch their enemies, even stabbing them in the chowhall at lunch in plain view of C/O’s and the administrative staff, insuring that they will be caught and possibly prosecuted for their assault. They do this to illicit fear, giving off the perception that they don’t give a fuck, but it’s all calculated to enhance the gang’s stature and image. It used to be only the elite of the whites, the most fearsome and crème of the crop, where accepted into the gangs. That’s why their reputation was so fierce. A single member of the infamous Aryan Brotherhood from California could come on any compound nationwide and show his shamrock tattoo that designated membership, and being given the keys to the white boy car, no questions asked. That was because the original Aryan Brotherhood was known to be straight killers. But more often than not, other gangs have traded off this notoriety, even when their actions don’t meet the infamy of the originals.

“A lot of what they call independents now, white boys with no affiliation, don’t want no problems,” Big Mike says. “They just want to do their time in the less conflictive way they can and go home. But it got to the point with the gangs that the independents said enough is enough. They were tired of seeing the gang members manipulate and twist the system to suit their favor. These dudes got life too, just like the gang members and if a dude is a man, he can only take so much. So the independents flexed their muscles.”

The independents are usually made up of prisoners from the same geographical location. There might be the Missouri car, the East Coast car, the West Coast car, the Georgia car, the Alabama car, the Virginia car and so on, depending on where the federal prison is located. Usually whatever state it is in, that is the biggest car, as the feds try to keep prisoner within 500 miles of their home address or where they were convicted at. When a prison gang like the ABT is calling the shots and the majority of independents decide they don’t like their leadership they band together in a coalition of cars from different areas and take over the yard, checking the ABT members in and letting it be known that they can’t walk the yard and furthermore, from that point on, no gang members can walk the yard.

“That is why today, independents are the biggest white boy gang in the feds, even though they are not officially a gang,” Big Mike says. “When the feds ask me who I run with, I always say independent because the character of the dudes in the gangs have gotten so bad that the independents just had enough of it. The gangs were formed to protect the whites in prison and these dudes turned it into a power thing where they would extort their own people.” So now the responsibility of leadership has been seized back from the gangs in a power move that is happening in prison across the nation.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 09:00 AM

Better than being a mobster being assaulted in prison, don't u think?

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 10:45 AM

Really informative article Scorsese, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Red_63

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 10:53 AM

That article is informative but is embellished for those who haven't been there. If your in a county prison or doing a few years there's a good chance your not going to be housed with lifers. Guys doing 5 years and under are going to play by the rules rather then turn into Edward Norton and tattoo themselves up before going in the bing.

Mandatory Minimums are soon to become a thing of the past in some states because the guidelines are way to strict.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 11:33 AM

Angelo La Barbera and his brother were the protagonists in a bloody conflict between rival clans in Palermo in the early 1960s. Known as the First Mafia War.In a prison in Perugia in 1975 three mafiosi stabbed him to death on October 28, 1975

Domenico Tripodo ndrangheta boss On August 26, 1976, was stabbed to death in prison on the request of the De Stefano’s with the help of Camorra boss Raffaele Cutolo, the boss of the Nuova Camorra Organizzata (NCO) who worked with the De Stefano’s in drug trafficking.

On 23 November 1980, during the earthquake in Poggioreale prison, the guards opened the cells and Pasquale Barra killed 3 inmates opponents of the NCO.

On August 17, 1981 Barra organized an ambush to kill Milanese crime boss and Cosa Nostra associate, Francis Turatello aka "Faccia D'Angelo" (Angel Face) in the courtyard of Bad'e Carros, the high security prison in Nuoro, Sardinia. Barra was assisted in the murder by two well known Sicilian assassins, Vincenzo Andraus and Antonino Faro. Turatello was unable to escape the ambush. Barra and Andraus held Turatello, while Faro stabbed him sixty times. In the ensuing confusion from the attack, Andraus was also wounded and would later receive minor surgery in the prison infirmary. After Turatello was dead, Faro disemboweled and chewed Turatello's intestines, then spat it out as a sign of contempt

August 31, 1982 Bergamelli (one of the leaders of the clan of Marseilles) was killed in a bloody manner by Paul Dongo in the prison of Ascoli Piceno

Jacques René Berenguer, detto Jacki (one of the leaders of the clan of Marseilles) was killed in the Nizza prison in the 1990.
Posted By: NNY78

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Red_63
Mandatory Minimums are soon to become a thing of the past in some states because the guidelines are way to strict.

Red, I agree and also the fact that it just costs too much to house these guys who aren't violent and most of who are in for some personal use drug or drug related crime. Remember when all the states were building new prisons, now they can't empty them fast enough, unless of course your in Texas or a handful of other southern states. smile
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 01:01 PM

This doesn't exactly fit the question, but back in the 60'there was a guy named "Mickey" Privitera in Buffalo who murdered a Buffalo cop. He was sent to Attica and during the Attica riots of the early 70's the NY State Police and Army National Guard's 19th Special Forces stormed the prison. Later, Privitera was discovered dead in his cell. Perhaps a LE it ????
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

mobsters don't get attacked unless they pull a john gotti

mobsters for the most part are in federal prison, less violent than state prison
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
This doesn't exactly fit the question, but back in the 60'there was a guy named "Mickey" Privitera in Buffalo who murdered a Buffalo cop. He was sent to Attica and during the Attica riots of the early 70's the NY State Police and Army National Guard's 19th Special Forces stormed the prison. Later, Privitera was discovered dead in his cell. Perhaps a LE it ????

Ya think? lol

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 02:48 PM

By all accounts Joey Gallo assaulted a few guys assholes whilst he was in prison whistle
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: bigboy

Ya think? lol

Pretty obvious. LE is notorious for that
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 03:04 PM

I read where jimmy Hoffa slapped tony provenzano in the face, in I believe lewisberg. bad move on jimmys part.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 03:56 PM

I have been told by someone who would be in a decent (if not perfect) position to know that the Allie Calabrese thing was a paid LCN job.

Didn't Amuso get his ass kicked by another LCN guy? I forget who...Scarpa Jr. maybe?

Oh and least we forget Kasman hired the Latin Kings to beat down some associate who slapped him.

Also, while prison gangs have more power than LCN inside for sure don't forget they also get assaulted/killed all the time by their own people or rival gangs. Like that AB guy in Victorville not too long ago. The truth of the matter is it is a jungle in there.

Oh fun fact about bikers...they quell their inter-club rivalries behind bars to the best of their abilities.

I'm going to ask around more about this topic, see if I cannot find anything interesting out to report on this topic.
Posted By: GaryH

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
By all accounts Joey Gallo assaulted a few guys assholes whilst he was in prison whistle

That's "normal" prison behaviour!
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 05:27 PM

in reading the book "joey by goddard' a bio of joey gallo. it mentions joey gallo as the one being assaulted.
Posted By: thebigfella

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 09:02 PM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=b_s-VLilNuzGsQSdioDYDQ&url=http://articles.philly.com/1987-08-06/news/26170453_1_mob-figure-salvatore-testa-state-correctional-institution&ved=0CDIQFjAI&usg=AFQjCNH7EhAVsOHHu8CRwVv_PXrRqd1T5w&sig2=WTMEdfT_6empyuCuCtpiAw

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 09:04 PM

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=ZBk_VNWYHrf9sATJlILACA&url=http://articles.philly.com/1987-08-06/news/26170453_1_mob-figure-salvatore-testa-state-correctional-institution&ved=0CDIQFjAI&usg=AFQjCNH7EhAVsOHHu8CRwVv_PXrRqd1T5w&sig2=FayjkkuNPCECu2vvmGpAqw

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/15/14 09:06 PM

In 87 Leone ti got attacked by George tillery, a one time member of black mafia
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/16/14 04:00 PM

I have been told by someone who would be in a decent (if not perfect) position to know that the Allie Calabrese thing was a paid LCN job.

Didn't Amuso get his ass kicked by another LCN guy? I forget who...Scarpa Jr. maybe?

Oh and least we forget Kasman hired the Latin Kings to beat down some associate who slapped him.

Also, while prison gangs have more power than LCN inside for sure don't forget they also get assaulted/killed all the time by their own people or rival gangs. Like that AB guy in Victorville not too long ago. The truth of the matter is it is a jungle in there.

Oh fun fact about bikers...they quell their inter-club rivalries behind bars to the best of their abilities.

I'm going to ask around more about this topic, see if I cannot find anything interesting out to report on this topic.

That's called a Jewish beat down.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/16/14 04:05 PM

Did Amuso really get his ass kicked in prison? Persico and Stanfa too?

I thought these older mob types would be kind of placid in prison and not get into mischief. And I would have thought that it wouldn't even be possible to get in fights because of the maximum security prisons they are sent to.

There was a recent prison picture of Amuso with Scarfo and his jaw looked really strange. Now that I hear this asskicking story, I'm thinking he may have got it severely broken.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/16/14 05:42 PM

Background on Miciotta.

http://www.villagevoice.com/1999-02-09/news/the-wiseguy-and-the-nun/

More on Casso/Miciotta feud.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/mob-turncoat-sentence-reduced-article-1.753725

Is it any wonder Casso was angry with Miciotta? Miciotta got Casso in trouble for smuggling contraband, probably the main reason he got kicked out of Witness Protection and all to suit his own ends. First he turns on his own crime family and then he turns on his witness protection family. He's a double rat.
Posted By: blacksheep

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/16/14 05:42 PM

A lot of those mob guys stay the same even when they get older. Someone I know was with an old mob guy in the 80s at a bar in nyc. Andre the giant was at the same bar. The old mob guy was trying to pick a fight with andre and kept talking shit insisting that he prove he's real. The giant just walked out cuz he knew he would just snap that old man in half. But hearing stuff like that makes me think that no matter how old they are in prison, they'll still find a way to get in trouble

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/16/14 05:54 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/hit-squad-guns-jailed-mob-capo-article-1.708124

Greg Scarpa Junior was marked for death by all 5 NY crime families after hospitalising Vic Amuso, a member of The Commission.

Tough guy picking on a 5 ft. 5 60 year old.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/16/14 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: blacksheep
A lot of those mob guys stay the same even when they get older. Someone I know was with an old mob guy in the 80s at a bar in nyc. Andre the giant was at the same bar. The old mob guy was trying to pick a fight with andre and kept talking shit insisting that he prove he's real. The giant just walked out cuz he knew he would just snap that old man in half. But hearing stuff like that makes me think that no matter how old they are in prison, they'll still find a way to get in trouble

Spot-on. Antisocial disorder doesn't go away with age wink.

And don't get me wrong, not all wiseguys are like that. But the ones who are like that, are likely to stay that way.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/16/14 07:19 PM

vic was abusing greg about his father being a rat..he came back to vic;s cell and told a guy vic was talking to , excuse us..after the guy walked out greg beat him bad
Posted By: JasonAnthony74

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/16/14 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Did Amuso really get his ass kicked in prison? Persico and Stanfa too?

I thought these older mob types would be kind of placid in prison and not get into mischief. And I would have thought that it wouldn't even be possible to get in fights because of the maximum security prisons they are sent to.

There was a recent prison picture of Amuso with Scarfo and his jaw looked really strange. Now that I hear this asskicking story, I'm thinking he may have got it severely broken.

It sort of makes sense that a lot of these mafioso could be vulnerable to the more crazy, psychotic-types of prisoners. After all, most of the mobsters locked up in the federal pens tend to be older guys, and they generally do not have many associates or crime buddies around them. And most mobsters (both young and old) don't seem to keep themselves in fighting shape. For all intents and purposes, they are alone inside. Sure, many of them have a lot of street credibility and notoriety in the underworld, but unfortunately for them, many of today's hardcore criminals don't respect that. Many of the new breed are impulsive, predatorily, and violent -- and the only thing a lot of them respect is violence.

I think LCN members had a much easier life in the federal pens in the 1950s - 1970s -- but not so much today. The prison demographics have changed too much.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/16/14 08:56 PM

That's called a Jewish beat down.

a racist cop...........WHAT A FUCKING SHOCKER

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/26/14 08:24 PM

http://www.gorillaconvict.com/2011/10/the-sixth-family-by-robert-rosso-2/

"Alone at the table, I stuck a scallop in my mouth and looked around the dining room. To my immediate left, the former boss of a Philadelphia crime family placed his tray on the table and took a seat. His name is John Stanfa, he is my friend, and when he smiles and waves at me I return the kind gesture. As I look away, I see two black guys near the soda machine engaged in a serious conversation. They look very suspicious.

I’m probably just racial profiling, I thought. To me, all black people look suspicious. I picked up my cup and took another drink.

A man wearing a dark green overcoat and a beanie pulled down to his eyes enters the kitchen. Nick “The Chemist” is his name, and I can tell by the way he was walking that he was a man on a mission….and I wasn’t wrong.

Halfway through the kitchen, Nick pulled something out of his pocket. Anticipating violence, I guzzled the rest of my wine and got ready. If he hit someone black or Hispanic, I could find myself right in the middle of a racial melee. But I would soon find out, a racial matter this was not.

Nick “The Chemist” walked straight up to John Stanfa and bashed him in the face with a soda can, causing the older Sicilian man to go crashing to the floor. Nick then kicked John in the side and yelled, “I ain’t no rat, motherfucker! You’re the rat!” The entire episode lasted no more than 20 seconds, but before the cops could run in and intervene, John Stanfa pulled one of the most classic moves that I had ever seen an assault victim do. After standing up on his own two feet, he turned to Nick “The Chemist,” smiled, and said, “shame, shame,” as he shook his index finger at him. Given the position that John once held, it was as if he were giving Nick the kiss of death.

And in the corner of the kitchen watching his plan unfold, was Nick Geo. By all appearances it looked as though everything had worked out accordingly…"

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/27/14 12:21 AM

Interesting story. I'm surprised Stanfa didn't have Nick Geo killed instead of beaten up.
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/27/14 11:39 AM

From all accounts, its almost sad what happened to Capone. The biggest gangster in Chicago, but once he went to Alcatraz, it seems as if majority of the inmates bullied him and beat him to the point where his syphillis advanced rapidly and turned him into a scared, banjo playing, shell of what he formerly was. From the accounts it makes it seem as if Capone was brutalized in Alcatraz, can't begin to imagine what else happened to him in there that we may not know about.
Posted By: GaryH

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/27/14 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
From all accounts, its almost sad what happened to Capone. The biggest gangster in Chicago, but once he went to Alcatraz, it seems as if majority of the inmates bullied him and beat him to the point where his syphillis advanced rapidly and turned him into a scared, banjo playing, shell of what he formerly was. From the accounts it makes it seem as if Capone was brutalized in Alcatraz, can't begin to imagine what else happened to him in there that we may not know about.

Capone was someone's prag?

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/27/14 06:12 PM

I never read anything about capone getting beat up in jail

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/27/14 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
I never read anything about capone getting beat up in jail

there's this story of Al Capone getting into a fist fight with an inmate named Harmon Waley
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1970&dat=19360602&id=jQIiAAAAIBAJ&sjid=qaMFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1601,3262787

If the link doesn't work, just type into google "Capone Floored by Waley in Alcatraz Battle" and click on the first link.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/28/14 02:55 PM

Print to small to read
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 10/31/14 08:39 AM

One of john gotti jr's crew member/ friend was killed in jail by his cell mate I think it was. Can't remember his name but there was a picture with gotti and his friends in their early days

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 11/01/14 11:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Tonytough
One of john gotti jr's crew member/ friend was killed in jail by his cell mate I think it was. Can't remember his name but there was a picture with gotti and his friends in their early days

that was joseph o'kane.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 11/02/14 02:05 PM

I would like too hear about Pagans leader Steven Mondevergine whats going on with him in Prison. Why don't somebody in jail try knocking him on his ass?

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 11/02/14 03:13 PM

There's the story of Capone being stabbed in the showers. Well not really a story, it happened. Capone was almost defenseless. And by all accounts, the attack was pretty brutal.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 11/03/14 06:43 PM

Posted By: NE1020

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/16/15 05:08 AM

Have there ever been any recorded incidents of mobsters who have been attacked in prison who later take out revenge on the other prison when they are released?

E.g. If a mobster is only doing a 3-5 stretch and some guy who attacks him only has a short sentence as well, will there be some consequences to deal with when the assailant is outside?

I remember reading is Wiseguy that Paul Vario and friends had beef with a black gang in Lewisberg and he was scared to even leave his cell.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/16/15 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: NE1020

I remember reading is Wiseguy that Paul Vario and friends had beef with a black gang in Lewisberg and he was scared to even leave his cell.

not heard that story could you give some more details.
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/16/15 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: blacksheep

This sounds completely made up.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/16/15 02:00 PM

Nah, if you're a wrestling fan, there's numerous stories of people trying to try Andre The Giant because of who he was and being a wrestler. He could also drink probably half of the members of all Five Families under the table...Well, I don't know about that, but he was a huge drinker and along with that,there are actually a bunch of tales of him being tried and provoked by others.
Posted By: Blackjack2121

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/16/15 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Nah, if you're a wrestling fan, there's numerous stories of people trying to try Andre The Giant because of who he was and being a wrestler. He could also drink probably half of the members of all Five Families under the table...Well, I don't know about that, but he was a huge drinker and along with that,there are actually a bunch of tales of him being tried and provoked by others.

I know that. But I cant see an old made guy trying to do that to prove himself. Just sounded silly. lol

But hey who knows, I wasn't there.
Posted By: m2w

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/16/15 04:02 PM

in eastern prisons mafiosi are not isolated they have several people around them... recently there was a conflicts between italian mafia members and albanian inmates and the italians won because they outnumbered them

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/16/15 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Originally Posted By: NE1020

not heard that story could you give some more details.

It was only mentioned briefly. I remember it was just like the Italians were having trouble with the black inmates and it was getting so out of hand that Vario refused to leave his cell (I thought he was a tough guy?).

You could probably find it pretty easily in the Lewisberg segment in Wiseguy. Kinda surprising (or perhaps unbelievable) considering LCN's presence there.
Posted By: Oscarthedago

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/17/15 03:18 PM

Article on Scalish Crime Family member Allie Calabrese, attacked in prison that resulted in death:

http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/with-friends-like-these/Content?oid=1488711
Posted By: ScottishChris

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/17/15 09:17 PM

A couple of stories regarding Chicago guys in prison.

In the Family Secrets trial it came out that Frank Calabrese Snr had a set-to in prison with Shorty LaMantia about the proper way you can and can't introduce yourself to other mobsters.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/mob/2007/07/the_humiliation_of_shorty.html

Also, in an interview a few years before he died Harry Aleman gave an interview in which he touched on life in a state prison for an older guy -

http://www.thechicagosyndicate.com/2005/10/profile-harry-aleman.html

Quote:
Aleman once sent ripples of terror throughout the underworld, and segments of legitimate society, but his own fears appear much different. They don't seem to involve the joint because he says he has no real trouble, from guards or other inmates. People treat the older guys with some deference, he says, and he and the other old-timers are known as "pops" by the younger, mostly black prison population.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/19/15 03:19 PM

Feech La Manna had some good advice about surviving prison lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14hc7RZNPbI

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/20/15 05:49 PM

Scarfo sr was crapping it at that Texas joint on gun charges. He had to hire two guys to watch his back
Posted By: DiMaggio

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/25/15 08:31 AM

Vincent papa of the lucchese's was stabbed to death in Atlanta 1977.
He was behind the huge French connection heroin theft from the NY police store rooms and word was leaked he had offered to become an informant to get out from under the dealing charges.
The Lucchese family had gangster, Herbie Sperling contract the AB who shanked him

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/25/15 09:00 AM

Originally Posted By: DiMaggio
Vincent papa of the lucchese's was stabbed to death in Atlanta 1977.
He was behind the huge French connection heroin theft from the NY police store rooms and word was leaked he had offered to become an informant to get out from under the dealing charges.
The Lucchese family had gangster, Herbie Sperling contract the AB who shanked him

It was actually some black inmates that killed him and one was convicted i think. Herbie sperling may have had his own reason for it though as well.

There were a few mob related murders in that place at the time.

William Rhett Zambito, 30, was reputedly a mob enforcer in Miami and a suspect in 10 murders. He agreed to testify in a narcotics case on condition he would be protected while serving time for drugs. Prison officials say they were never told, and Zambito was stabbed to death March 28, his first day at Atlanta.

The most recent victim, mob-connected drug smuggler Dominique Orsini, 55, was stabbed to death last April 10. A homemade knife lay nearby. A major figure in the celebrated "French Connection" case (like Vincent Papa), Orsini was serving 10 years on a drug-conspiracy charge. There are no suspects in the case.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 08/08/15 07:40 PM

D'Arco had his son whack Di Lapi because Di Lapi stuck up for guys D'Arco was bullying in prison.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 08/08/15 09:11 PM

D'Arco had his son whack Di Lapi because Di Lapi stuck up for guys D'Arco was bullying in prison.

D'Arco's a rat, and I couldn't care less if he got hit by lightning down in Florida.

Everyone, but everyone, knows where he is, they just don't care because they ended up with the power, and they'd never risk such a high profile hit anyway. There are a few old timers who don't hold a grudge with him and have actually visited him down there.

Anyway, as far as hitting DiLapi, he was a made guy who ran away from his responsibilities to "start a new life." Well, that'a not how it works. Fuck him. And for the record, it's true that Joey D'Arco got his button off that hit. But it was Amuso and Casso who gave the nod.

Don't believe everything you read, Moe. And it's good to have you back. Really smile.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 08/08/15 09:51 PM

Anyway, as far as hitting DiLapi, he was a made guy who ran away from his responsibilities to "start a new life."

You mean, a life without crime, starting everything from the beginning like a "clean" person, not just moving his crime activities elsewhere? In this case, I disagree, I really don't understand the following quote:

Well, that'a not how it works. Fuck him.

Any criminal who genuinely wants to get out of the dirt and start a honest life is far more "honorable" than all those "stand-up" guys who do life in prison keeping their mouths shut imo. Unless I misunderstood what you said about DiLapi.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 08/08/15 09:56 PM

You're taking me wrong, Dwalin. I was being sarcastic. DiLapi didn't "change." He didn't want to "reinvent" himself. He ran away because he was scared.

Well, when you choose that life---and HE DID choose that life---you don't run away and hide. Period.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 08/08/15 10:01 PM

You're taking me wrong, Dwalin. I was being sarcastic. DiLapi didn't "change." He didn't want to "reinvent" himself. He ran away because he was scared.

Well, when you choose that life---and HE DID choose that life---you don't run away and hide. Period.

Sorry then, I misunderstood. It's just sometimes it happens; just in the Irkutsk region in Siberia in Russia where I lived, there was a case when a gangster wanted out of the rackets to start a family; they tracked him down and killed him mutilating him with a screw-driver as a symbolic gesture of despising. I thought DiLapi's case was similar. Dmitriy Poroshin and Vyacheslav Gamernik were the ones who killed him I think (that's the thief-in-law Vladimir Tiurin's gang).

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/17/17 02:22 AM

he's knot a mobster,but i thot this was interesting nontheless.like, a notorious serial killer got his a** kicked by an AB member

Final arguments in the mass murder trial of accused

December 10, 1981

Final arguments in the mass murder trial of accused Freeway Killer William Bonin, still suffering from a broken nose and two black eyes received in an apparent beating, were delayed again Thursday.

Superior Court Judge William Keene conferred with attorneys for both sides and then announced that because of Bonin's physical condition the defendant was unable to appear for final arguments and the trial was postponed until 10 a.m. PST Monday.

Later in the day the sheriff's department announced that it was closing its investigation into Bonin's injuries because the city attorney's decided not to file charges in the incident.

Deputy City Attorney Charles Goldenberg said there was insufficient evidence to file a battery charge.

Bonin has recanted his earlier claim that his nose was broken and his eyes blackened in a fall while in a courthouse lockup with another accused Hillside Strangler Angelo Buono and the reputed leader of a white supremacist prison gang.

Defense attorney William Charvet said Bonin, on trial for the homosexual torture slayings of a dozen youths, now refuses to make any statement about the injuries he received in a cell just before final arguments were to have begunTuesday.

But evidence suggests he was beaten by one of his two cellmates, John W. Stinson, a convicted murderer and reputed leader of the prison-spawned outlaw gang Aryan Brotherhood.

An unidentified deputy sheriff who was one of the first on the scene after the incident in the 14th floor holding cell said he noticed Stinson's knuckles were bruised.

'It looked like Stinson had tried to put him through the wall,' the deputy said. eek

Attorneys for the other inmate in the holding cell with Bonin, accused Hillside Strangler Angelo Buono Jr., said he claims he was dozing and does not know how Bonin was injured. lol lol

The 34-year-old Bonin's injuries forced postponement of final arguments in the Freeway Killer trial Tuesday and Judge Keene told jurors to return Thursday. But defense attorney Charvet asked for another postponment, arguing that his client's physical appearance may prejudice the jury against him.

Deputies responsible for him said they had no reason to fear for Bonin's safety when they put him into the holding cell with Buono and Stinson. Bonin and Buono have reportedly gotten along well enough during the periods when they have shared the lockup cell during breaks in their trials.

But members of the Aryan Brotherhood have been responsible for past attacks on prisoners convicted of child molesting and homosexual crimes.
Posted By: alicecooper

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/17/17 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: botz
I would like too hear about Pagans leader Steven Mondevergine whats going on with him in Prison. Why don't somebody in jail try knocking him on his ass?

An interesting character for sure. Wonder if he will have to do his full 10 and also if he's still a pagan?
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/17/17 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: americafyeah
he's knot a mobster,but i thot this was interesting nontheless.like, a notorious serial killer got his a** kicked by an AB member

December 10, 1981

Final arguments in the mass murder trial of accused Freeway Killer William Bonin, still suffering from a broken nose and two black eyes received in an apparent beating, were delayed again Thursday.

Superior Court Judge William Keene conferred with attorneys for both sides and then announced that because of Bonin's physical condition the defendant was unable to appear for final arguments and the trial was postponed until 10 a.m. PST Monday.

Later in the day the sheriff's department announced that it was closing its investigation into Bonin's injuries because the city attorney's decided not to file charges in the incident.

Deputy City Attorney Charles Goldenberg said there was insufficient evidence to file a battery charge.

Bonin has recanted his earlier claim that his nose was broken and his eyes blackened in a fall while in a courthouse lockup with another accused Hillside Strangler Angelo Buono and the reputed leader of a white supremacist prison gang.

Defense attorney William Charvet said Bonin, on trial for the homosexual torture slayings of a dozen youths, now refuses to make any statement about the injuries he received in a cell just before final arguments were to have begunTuesday.

But evidence suggests he was beaten by one of his two cellmates, John W. Stinson, a convicted murderer and reputed leader of the prison-spawned outlaw gang Aryan Brotherhood.

An unidentified deputy sheriff who was one of the first on the scene after the incident in the 14th floor holding cell said he noticed Stinson's knuckles were bruised.

'It looked like Stinson had tried to put him through the wall,' the deputy said. eek

Attorneys for the other inmate in the holding cell with Bonin, accused Hillside Strangler Angelo Buono Jr., said he claims he was dozing and does not know how Bonin was injured. lol lol

The 34-year-old Bonin's injuries forced postponement of final arguments in the Freeway Killer trial Tuesday and Judge Keene told jurors to return Thursday. But defense attorney Charvet asked for another postponment, arguing that his client's physical appearance may prejudice the jury against him.

Deputies responsible for him said they had no reason to fear for Bonin's safety when they put him into the holding cell with Buono and Stinson. Bonin and Buono have reportedly gotten along well enough during the periods when they have shared the lockup cell during breaks in their trials.

But members of the Aryan Brotherhood have been responsible for past attacks on prisoners convicted of child molesting and homosexual crimes.

I think a lot of guards wouldn't mind too much if serial killing psychos like that get a good old fashioned beating from the the AB.

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/17/17 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

December 10, 1981

I think a lot of guards wouldn't mind too much if serial killing psychos like that get a good old fashioned beating from the the AB.

Lol!!!!!! i agree. this sentence from the article is such BS:

"Deputies responsible for him said they had no reason to fear for Bonin's safety when they put him into the holding cell with Buono and Stinson. "

i'm sure they had a hard time trying to say that with a straight face.pretty obvious they celled Bonin with an AB knowing what would happen. since Bonin was like a child torturer,and rapist they didn't give a s**t if he got hurt. plus,this was in the early 1980's before everything was like PC. but,i think stuf like this still happens today.do you? like,whenever an inmate is "suicided" it's usualy someone accused of a horrific crime. have you heard of WilliamBonin before?
Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 06/17/17 04:39 AM

Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

December 10, 1981

Lol!!!!!! i agree. this sentence from the article is such BS:

"Deputies responsible for him said they had no reason to fear for Bonin's safety when they put him into the holding cell with Buono and Stinson. "

i'm sure they had a hard time trying to say that with a straight face.pretty obvious they celled Bonin with an AB knowing what would happen. since Bonin was like a child torturer,and rapist they didn't give a s**t if he got hurt. plus,this was in the early 1980's before everything was like PC. but,i think stuf like this still happens today.do you? like,whenever an inmate is "suicided" it's usualy someone accused of a horrific crime. have you heard of WilliamBonin before?

No, never heard of him, but looked him up and he was quite a sick puppy.. Jeffrey Dahmer's death is also a good example btw..

Re: Mobsters attacked in prison - 02/10/20 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Tonytough
Scarfo sr was crapping it at that Texas joint on gun charges. He had to hire two guys to watch his back

Is that unusual? He would've been a fifty-something year old man at the time and was about 5 ft. 5 inches tall. Anyone in his position would have people watching their back.

Sure Vic Amuso was a boss and got the crap kicked out of him by Greg Scarpa's son, and Scarpa was LCN, not some Aryan or Latino or Crip.

Anthony Casso got smacked around by Salvatore Miciotta and Al D'Arco picked on his own people. God knows how many fights among LCN have happened that we aren't privy to.

And then there's that one time John Gotti ran his mouth too much...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET