Home

johnny dioguardi

Posted By: Binnie_Coll

johnny dioguardi - 10/10/14 04:30 PM

this thread is about one of the most vicious made men in the lcn. johnny dio,he was a huge power in many unions. teamsters, garment workers, and many more. he is said by many to be behind the acid blinding of labor columnist victor riesel. and many other murders. henry hill knew him in lewisberg, he tried to have henry killed because henry stashed drugs in the priests room where dio made his phone calls. vario smoothed it over for henry. his father was murdered in 1930 victim of a mob hit. in and out of prison in the 5os and 6os. he died serving a prison sentence at age 65. I would like to know what family he belonged to, and was he a capo?
Posted By: Vinny_Carbone718

Re: johnny dioguardi - 10/10/14 05:32 PM

He became a capo in the early 50's of the little Italy lower manhattan faction of the Lucchese's. I use to think he was a genovese because he had a piece of Jimmy Hoffa and the teamsters but that is because I mixed him up with Anthony "Tony pro" provenzano who also had a piece of Jimmy. So It was Both ny families ( lucchese and genovese ) that had a piece of him and the teamsters.

Re: johnny dioguardi - 10/10/14 05:50 PM

thank you vinny, I didn't know that.
Posted By: Christy_Tic

Re: johnny dioguardi - 10/10/14 06:15 PM

Johnny dio definetly one of the biggest labor racketeer in the history of ny. His brothers were in his crew as well as his uncle james plumeri aka jimmy Doyle. Dio was ruthless to say the least. There is a ton of info on him, one thing that I never could figure out was that Doyle was strangled to death in the early 70s. Def a mob hit and dio was in the can where he died later in the decade. My ? Is who hit Doyle and was dio in on the hit or also on the hit list. Hopefully someone can give some info

Re: johnny dioguardi - 10/10/14 07:25 PM

dio could have ordered the hit from the joint. he was very powerful inside prison. his brothers did his work for him when he was away. being it was his uncle he had to know the reason. im sure dio oked it. dioguardi was in prison so often if any body wanted to hit him, good judgement would dictate leave him be, he will be back in the joint soon enough. the government was on his case constandly. because he beat the rap when he was charged with the blinding victor riesel they never let the guy alone.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: johnny dioguardi - 10/11/14 02:40 PM

I heard Tony Ducks ordered Plumeri's murder, as he feard Dio's power, who was in prison. Johnny wanted Hill killed after finding out that Henry was hiding drugs in the room where Dio was making his phone calls. Vario smoothed it over, but Hill stayed away from Johnny after that.
Posted By: Vinny_Carbone718

Re: johnny dioguardi - 10/11/14 02:51 PM

No problem Binnie smile
Posted By: Christy_Tic

Re: johnny dioguardi - 10/12/14 08:22 PM

That def makes sense. Happened right when ducks became boss. Dio was def a powerful guy as was plumeri. Tony making a statement that I'm the boss. The lucchese's had so much goin on. All though there numbers were a fraction of gambinos and west side, they were power players in the most lucrative rackets. Most of their soldiers were big earners
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET