Home

Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco

Posted By: PaulieSenter

Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 06:11 AM

A GANGSTER who was a member of the late Gambino boss John Gotti’s inner circle has gone to that big social club in the sky.

Longtime capo George (Big George) DeCicco died late last week of natural causes. He was 85.

DeCicco was one of the Dapper Don’s most trusted lieutenants, according to law enforcement sources, and was the leader of the Gambino crime family’s murderous Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, crew for many years.

DeCicco was a fearsome presence on Bath Ave. for decades, but he may have been best known as the uncle of Gambino underboss Frank DeCicco, who was blown up by a car bomb in 1986 in retaliation for participating in the infamous murder of Gambino boss Paul Castellano outside Sparks steakhouse in Midtown.

The assassination launched Gotti as a mob star.

Gambino Boss John Gotti was close to DeCicco, whose nephew Frank was killed in payback for the rubout of Paul Castellano, which led to Gotti taking over the crime family.
RICHARD DREW/AP
Gambino Boss John Gotti was close to DeCicco, whose nephew Frank was killed in payback for the rubout of Paul Castellano, which led to Gotti taking over the crime family.
Defense lawyer Joseph Benfante remembered his client as a gentleman. “All the detectives and FBI agents used to tell me he greeted them cordially when they came into contact with him,” Benfante told the Daily News.

After DeCicco’s last arrest in 2007 on extortion charges, a federal prosecutor offered a darker portrait of the gangster.

“An individual who was hired to do a simple phone repair is so fearful that he’s convinced Mr. DeCicco is going to kill him when he does a shoddy job on the repair,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Taryn Merkyl stated at a bail hearing. “Mr. DeCicco then requires the individual to conduct the repair free of charge and pay him back the money that was originally paid for the repair.”

The repairman was terrified to return to Bath Ave., Merkyl said.
Posted By: Tonytough

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 06:43 AM

georgie Decicco on sammy the bull," he had me fooled, all them years"
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 08:07 AM

I always thought George was Frank Decicco' brother, not uncle?
Posted By: don illuminati

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 10:53 AM

Is he the same fellow gotti was recorded as calling "butterass"?
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 01:10 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/john-gotti-pal-big-george-decicco-dies-85-article-1.1966867

Recent photo.
(Wish these guys would mix up the leather jacket)
Posted By: pmac

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 02:00 PM

any body know the names of his blood thirsty crew? seemed pretty lowkey, read he was introuble with the bosses cause he had someone wiring a wire in his crew if I remember.

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 02:01 PM

so he was married to the guy doctors daughter. wow so all these guys are related him,marino,micky scars.

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 02:02 PM

wizard of wall street. its weird how big some of these blodd related mafia families are tehn big joe massino only had his brother inlaw sal vitale.
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 03:12 PM

This is the guy who wanted his son to get made some years back but he wasn't well liked later wound up getting shot, also wasn't Joey Orlando in his crew, the one who was shaking down someone for Larry Barese from the Sopranos
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 03:32 PM

I think DeCicco originally came up under Failla but put under Tommy Bilotti when Bilotti (also originally under Failla) broke off and made a skipper. Frank DeCicco, Joe Bilotti, Sonny Juliano and a couple of other guys were also part of this switch. I think Sonny replaced George as captain sometime around 2007.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 03:35 PM

Great info as usual hairy , cheers pal
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 03:51 PM

hairy knuckles. I thought I read somewhere he was shot four times in bath beach coming out of a pharmacy.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
This is the guy who wanted his son to get made some years back but he wasn't well liked later wound up getting shot, also wasn't Joey Orlando in his crew, the one who was shaking down someone for Larry Barese from the Sopranos

Yeah, Joey Orlando was caught on a wire saying

'I got eight under my belt already, so I don't give a fuck who nine's gonna be'

lol
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
hairy knuckles. I thought I read somewhere he was shot four times in bath beach coming out of a pharmacy.

That was his son Robert.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/gotti-crony-winged-article-1.219904
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 04:31 PM

thanks hk, I had it wrong.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 04:34 PM

Joe bilotti,Tommy bilotti s brother?
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 04:40 PM

Excellent information, thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: bronx

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 05:59 PM

hello vinny, we found george...

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 06:03 PM

pmac...marzulli,needs to get his facts straight..these guys after all these years writing about the mob still can not get 50% right.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: bronx
hello vinny, we found george...

I told you the other day that I was trying to be nice lol lol.

Vinny's a nice kid, and very knowledgeable about the neighborhood that he comes from. He's just a little too eager. You know how these young'uns are, Bronx wink.
Posted By: JoeTheBoss

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 06:08 PM

rip decicco

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 06:10 PM

hello pizza..how are you..o.k. i'll help vinny out and a few others that may be interested with this one..george was frankie d. uncle .franks father was a made guy they called him boozie,george that just past was know only as george, not big ,butterass, there was no other george.. butter was joe decicco not made. george's older brother.

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 06:12 PM

joey boy, was chased for twenty years..how george let him come back is a mystery..he probably brought a bag of money in.big bag..blabber mouth bullshitter..

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 06:14 PM

yes very tough..old now

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 06:23 PM

hello pizza..how are you..o.k.

I'm good, brother.

joey boy, was chased for twenty years..how george let him come back is a mystery..he probably brought a bag of money in.big bag.

You know he wouldn't have been the first, and certainly not the last wink.

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 06:28 PM

L.O.L true.. if you ever met him ,you know what a bufoon he is..he kills a guy a day..
Posted By: Benny3Balls

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
I always thought George was Frank Decicco' brother, not uncle?

Speaking of Frank Deccico, Gus Sclafani said he was a rat. Sclafani's mother in law was working as a clerk for the feds and was feeding the Gambino's through Sclafani inside info on cases. Up to that point it seems that the info was pretty accurate. Why would he make something up like a guy like Deccico being an informant if he didn't believe it? Was there bad blood between them before he accused him?

Anyone know anything more on these accusations that Sclafani made? Big Paul sided with Deccico after Frank denied it but wouldn't let him hit Gus. Then as soon as Paul was hit Deccico had Gus disappear.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 07:22 PM

Joe butch passed the info to gotti if I'm not mistaken , sclafani's relative was called Mildred Russo
Posted By: Benny3Balls

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Joe butch passed the info to gotti if I'm not mistaken , sclafani's relative was called Mildred Russo

Yes Mildred Russo, she was Sclafani's mother in law. Pretty sure she was later charged and convicted of giving them info. This was pre Gotti, when Paul was still in charge.

I don't know if it's true or not. Just seeing if anyone here knows more about it.

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/08/14 09:53 PM

very good..gus was killed from saying that..frank was very well liked ,on the rise..he would be boss today if he didn't have blind loyalty to gotti
Posted By: Vinny_Carbone718

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 01:05 AM

lol well atleast I was right about him and his family being from OUR neighborhood lol since you from where I am from BRONX !!!! Yeah so why is your profile name Bronx anyway when you from Brooklyn ?? Help me out with that lmao

P.s- in the other thread ( Howard beach ) I got it mixed up between the two Georgie's, uncle and nephew. My apologies smile

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 01:12 AM

Lol why gee thanks PB smile i know i know... Sometimes i talk 0-100 real quick without thinking lol gotta tone down on the Ferrara cookies if you know what I mean panic ! Lol

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 01:37 AM

Yeah I got it mixed up Bronx. Oops. I mixed the nickname butter with George, frankie Decicco's brother, another made guy. So joe Decicco is nicknamed butter. OK So That's where The confusion came in. Sorry about that. I do know for sure that George and Frankie D have a sister but I don't remember her name. But their father was Vincent "boozy" Decicco, also a madeguy. Boozy is the brother of big George, who just passed ( Buon anima ) and joe "butter". Big George's son is Robert who got hit but survived in 2007 on bath. Did i get it right Bronx? P.s - you know George, Frankie D's brother has a son by the same namesake Robert. Just a thought

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 08:35 AM

hello vinny.. frank only had a sister no brothers.. just georgie. not big george ..news gave him that moniker.. frank had a son vinny, who died years back..you are correct georgie has a son bobby, not made never will be .. georgie had three sisters..george had a nephew robert ,died of cancer..i hope nobody brings up the gambino tree, cause they are not even sure how it goes.

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 08:36 AM

i have lived in the bronx for some years now..
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 09:44 AM

What's the story with his son? Not made but almost got clipped, for what?

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 10:29 AM

You right Bronx. Gee thanks pal. I appreciate the correction smile so if you lived in the Bronx for quite some time, than you must of left bath beach during or after their hey day. That's great old timer wink lol I was born in 81 lol I know shit compared to you especially if you pass your 50's! Still my Paesan

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 12:57 PM

bad smell about his personal life,has made many mistakes in the street..think about this ..he gets shot…..nothing happens to no one…when somebody shoots you and your father is capo decina , you know what you did wrong and deserved it. fathers gone now he better get a job in home depot..stay out of street biz..

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 01:00 PM

you can always ..pm me if your not sure on a fact..if i know i will tell you..if i don't know i will defer to others..still do not think your 31, the term crooner threw me of the 31..

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 01:01 PM

fathers gone now he better get a job in home depot..

He shoulda done that ten years ago wink.

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 01:05 PM

correct..pizza

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 01:23 PM

Lol absolutely :)) will do. Gee, I am just old school at heart. I'm 33 actually lol remember when tony soprano told meadow that it was the 1950's in their house? That hit close to home because that was how it felt with me and my brothers at home. I guess it's a Sicilian thing. Traditions you don't find anymore.

While my friends were listening to hip hop, that guido music Lol DJ Louie fucking Devito, all that house and pumpin your fist dance crap, I was listening to Frankie blue eyes, dean Martin , Jimmy Roselli.., Connie Francis, the duprees...Lou monte, I could go on...Just to name a few. I swear all the old timers told me that I should have been born in 1920!! Lol
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Vinny_Carbone718

While my friends were listening to hip hop, that guido music Lol DJ Louie fucking Devito, all that house and pumpin your fist dance crap, I was listening to Frankie blue eyes, dean Martin , Jimmy Roselli.., Connie Francis, the duprees...Lou monte, I could go on...Just to name a few. I swear all the old timers told me that I should have been born in 1920!! Lol

clap Good for You Vinny Cee...Let em know kid...Word is bond!

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 04:19 PM

your right..traditions are going fast..even in sicilia..i pass it on to my kids, and tell them i hope you try with yours.. "what has happened in your past" ,creates what you become in the future..

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 04:24 PM

My popps told me"Boys learn history,Real men make history",serbian to english translation.Think about it wink

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 04:30 PM

some men making history on the wrong side , make the cemetery quickly..you must learn from history or as we say in NY your history..L.OL.

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/09/14 04:35 PM

I got you Bronx,to each his own.But then again my dad never had his mind on gambling,loan sharking wink smile

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/10/14 04:13 PM

not to disagree with your dad,in the honorable world he's right..with criminals it could be devastating

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/10/14 04:42 PM

LOl ok fiffty cents lol jk

Re: Gambino capo dies at 85 George DeCicco - 10/10/14 04:43 PM

couldn't agree more Pae! As long as we don't change and we never will wink
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET