Home

Any info on frank nitti's funeral would be aprecia

Posted By: thebigfella

Any info on frank nitti's funeral would be aprecia - 10/06/14 11:19 AM

I'm having no luck in finding out about nitti's funeral, I know there's guys from Chicago that's more informed than me
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Any info on frank nitti's funeral would be aprecia - 10/06/14 01:00 PM

That link is about John Roselli.

The Tribune said he was buried in secrecy. Nitti had a funeral but no services, no rites from the Catholic church. About 20-30 relatives showed up and no Outfit people are mentioned. He was buried in at Mt. Carmel.

Re: Any info on frank nitti's funeral would be aprecia - 10/06/14 01:06 PM

Thanks faithful
Posted By: GaryMartin

Re: Any info on frank nitti's funeral would be aprecia - 10/06/14 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Faithful1

The Tribune said he was buried in secrecy. Nitti had a funeral but no services, no rites from the Catholic church. About 20-30 relatives showed up and no Outfit people are mentioned. He was buried in at Mt. Carmel.

Don't know what happened, but this link should have been sent. I can now see it was not. Would you let me know if this is from the Tribune newspaper, 1943 ?

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1943/...gs-old-funerals
Posted By: GaryMartin

Re: Any info on frank nitti's funeral would be aprecia - 10/06/14 03:07 PM

Originally Posted By: thebigfella
I'm having no luck in finding out about nitti's funeral, I know there's guys from Chicago that's more informed than me

Sorry about the wrong link. Since the latest Apple update my iPad has not worked correctly. This is the third time I've tried to send this message. My screen freezes up and the copy and paste sends the wrong link. I'll work on it. The link below should provide some info about Nitti's funeral plus some more info. Thought you might enjoy reading some additional material. Crossing my fingers ! Would you please let me know if this Tribune article comes through? Should be March 1943.

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1943/...gs-old-funerals
Posted By: PKDickman

Re: Any info on frank nitti's funeral would be aprecia - 10/06/14 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Faithful1

It would have been that way.
Although their stance has softened over the years, back in '43, the Catholic Church considered suicide to be a big deal.
They would not have given him a service, just being buried in consecrated ground would've taken a lot of clout.

Re: Any info on frank nitti's funeral would be aprecia - 10/07/14 11:28 AM

I also here frank nitti's son joseph nitti was a business man but also did business with the outfit,do anyone knows to what extent? And did Joe had anything to do with louis greenburg murder?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET