Home

Patriarca Family Documentary

Posted By: Don_Squirreleone

Patriarca Family Documentary - 09/25/14 07:24 PM

Apologies if it's been posted before, interesting documentary about the Patriarcas - a family that don't get the headline billing too often - it looks to be from 86/87 from the reference to the Commission Trial, some interesting stuff as well as some amusing mid-80s TV adverts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK-5RPxj3fU
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Patriarca Family Documentary - 09/25/14 08:16 PM

don squirreleone I watched the video, I don't know much about that family, however, I am in the dark as to who had the most power in new England, Raymond patriarca, or whitey bulger?
Posted By: Don_Squirreleone

Re: Patriarca Family Documentary - 09/26/14 05:34 AM

I genuinely don't feel qualified to answer the question, I'd speculate that the esteem Patriarca was held in by the Commission may well have counted in his favour regarding access to a wider spectrum of criminal networks, however Bulger had a capacity to cripple competitors that is almost unparalleled in the annals of organised crime by dint of his role as a TE informant.

Like I said, I really don't feel able to answer the question; I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me re: New England will be able to offer a better explanation, sorry.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Patriarca Family Documentary - 09/26/14 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
don squirreleone I watched the video, I don't know much about that family, however, I am in the dark as to who had the most power in new England, Raymond patriarca, or whitey bulger?

Patriarca, by a country mile.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Patriarca Family Documentary - 09/26/14 08:53 PM

tommy Gambino, thank you.
Posted By: SonnyL

Re: Patriarca Family Documentary - 09/27/14 02:16 AM

Patriarca most definately was more powerful. Whitey only had power in Boston and was basically a drug dealer and a shake down guy and murderer as well as a an all around scumbag. Ray Patriarca ran a crime family and pretty much all of New England.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Patriarca Family Documentary - 09/27/14 03:38 PM

I have seen this one before on youtube of course and it is the best documentary on the New England family that can be found sadly because this is a great story.

As far as terms of power I agree, Patriarca was THE power in New England. Whitey was simply a South Boston power who got stronger after Patriarca died and they had all their in-fighting. Even Whitey inherited a $250,000 debt Howie Winter ran up to Jerry Angiulo, who was Patriarca's underboss and a heavy North End Boston gangster.

Patriarca has everything East of the Connecticut River I think it was. They were allies of the Genovese and that is who they split territory with.

Also when it comes to corruption, Patriarca had so many in Rhode Island in his pocket it was unbelievable. That is one reason the power base stayed in Providence, he was so entrenched there they would have been dumb and move operations to Boston.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET