Home

Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino

Posted By: Vinny_Carbone718

Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/20/14 04:20 PM

I tried to look up this discussion I am about to ask but I couldn't find it so I am curious to know whether tough Tony Anastasio was a Caporegime in the mangano/Gambino crime family or the Luciano/genovese crime family? some reports say genovese than others say Gambino but his son in law Anthony Scotto did take over his water front crew after Tough tony died... So I am guessing it's the Gambino's. Thanks fellas
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/20/14 04:28 PM

Gambino. Albert Anastasia's brother.
Posted By: Christy_Tic

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/20/14 05:29 PM

He was considered a gambino capt like his son in law Anthony scotto after him. But they controlled unions not really involved in heavywork. Pretty much the figurehead in the union ila for the boss. Scotto was shelved by gotti and replaced w his guy ciccone. Rumor is that after umberto was taken out tough tony was a FBI tel. Rumor I repeat. He died before anything big came of it
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/20/14 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Christy_Tic
Scotto was shelved by gotti and replaced w his guy ciccone.

Gotti did him a tremendous, if inadvertent, favor there.

Today Scotto is as legitimate as Cardinal Egan. His opinion on the labor movement is so valued that he's spoken everywhere from Harvard to Washington D.C.

And look how things went for John Gotti wink.

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/21/14 04:54 AM

Ok great. Thanks fellas. I kinda figured but I wanted to be sure smile

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/21/14 05:00 AM

Yeah I know lol i just figured since both of them were connected to Charlie lucky and both brothers were heavily involved with the waterfront, Albert went to mangano to control waterfront interest in Brooklyn and Staten Island while tough tony stayed with the Luciano family to control the waterfront interest in manhattan and Brooklyn. That's what the report said. But you guys are right. It makes sense that both brothers went to the mangano family together .. Albert becoming underboss and tough tony becoming Caporegime. Thanks ivyleague smile

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/21/14 05:13 AM

Lol so true!! Gotti made the wrong mistake taking Scotto out...and replacing him with that incompetent Sonny Ciccone smh. But I am guessing he shelved Scotto in the first place because Scotto was an close ally of the castellano faction. It makes sense right?
Posted By: bronx

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/21/14 09:17 AM

hello pizza, didn't scotto do his bid under paul,? sonny was a captain and handling the piers before paul was killed. paul took scotto down i believe
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/22/14 10:20 PM

Scotto's daughter is Rosanna Scotto, the NYC news anchor !!!

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/22/14 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo

She's a very nice girl. But it's a complete joke that in almost thirty years on television in New York City, she's never uttered the words Gambino Crime Family. And don't forget, she was already an anchor during Gotti's last trial.

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/22/14 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: bronx
hello pizza, didn't scotto do his bid under paul,? sonny was a captain and handling the piers before paul was killed. paul took scotto down i believe

You might be right about the piers, Bronx. But I think it was Gotti who actually took Tony's stripes. But like I said, either way they did him a favor.

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/22/14 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

She's a very nice girl. But it's a complete joke that in almost thirty years on television in New York City, she's never uttered the words Gambino Crime Family. And don't forget, she was already an anchor during Gotti's last trial.
Good point, never picked up on that !!
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/22/14 10:44 PM

Tony Anastasio was a Capo under Mangano, his brother Albert, and then Gambino. His son in law Anthony Scotto took over his crew during Gambino time, Scotto was shelved by Big Paul, not by Gotti.
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Vinny_Carbone718
Lol so true!! Gotti made the wrong mistake taking Scotto out...and replacing him with that incompetent Sonny Ciccone smh. But I am guessing he shelved Scotto in the first place because Scotto was an close ally of the castellano faction. It makes sense right?

You're joking right? Ciccone had the Waterfront's for over 20 years, he's a powerful guy.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 03:20 PM

It looks like when Albert was promoted to underboss, his brother Tony stepped up a notch, becoming a captain. I believe GV may have more info on that.

And Tony really did give information to the FBI. If I remember correctly, the Genoveses tried to remove Anastasio from power. He threatend to take some locals out of ILA and create a new union. The issue was brought to the table where Gambino failed to stand up for Anastasio and that pissed him off. That´s why he started to talk. I can´t be sure, but I don´t think that the FBI got that much out of him. He mostly talked about the unions and said that it was his opinion that his brother had deserved to die because he had killed a lot of people.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 03:46 PM

hairy knuckles, did tony start to talk after albert was hit or before.?
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 03:51 PM

After Albert´s death. In 1962, some months (or approximately a year) before his own death.

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 05:48 PM

I wasn't when I wrote it lol but now that I think about it, Wrong choice of words. I just didn't like what he and his crew did to my favorite actor Steven Siegal Lmaooo lol just kidding. Nah but there is no doubt that Sonny was powerful on the waterfront but I feel that Anthony Scotto was the better man for the job. Who better to learn the waterfront rackets from than his own father in law, tough tony.

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 08:18 PM

scotto made his mistake when he had political figures , judges and legit guys write letters to the judge to give him a break on his sentence.. by doing that he outed who the gambino family had in their pocket.. castellano et. al bristled/ he would up with a pound old, old law

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 08:57 PM

scotto made his mistake when he had political figures , judges and legit guys write letters to the judge to give him a break on his sentence.. by doing that he outed who the gambino family had in their pocket.. castellano et. al bristled/ he would up with a pound old, old law

You're right, Bronx. But I stand by my position that they did him a favor. Look how things turned out for virtually every one of his contemporaries in that family, then look at Tony.

He didn't die in the street Castellano, he didn't rot in a cage like Armone or Gallo or Gotti, and he didn't turn stoolie like Sammy (not in the most severe sense of the word, anyway). Eighty years old and living the good life. Good for him. That's all I'm trying to say smile.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 09:12 PM

Wow pb Scott still alive. I seen his grand daughter or some lady is on one of the morning shows. Is it confirmed tommy gambino still alive? Anyone know. Arnt they cousins too. I suck at computer shit I love to read but don't know how to post links still don't know how to start a thread. I learned bow to put up smiley faces but then my laptop shit the bed cause of TMZ. Phonedays

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 09:16 PM

Rosanna Scotto is Tony's daughter, not his granddaughter. She's no kid. She's well into her fifties. But she still looks GREAT.

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 09:17 PM

Read couple years back did this guy tough Tony's lil brother commit suicide cause he didn't want to do a 2 year bid in his 80tys. Guess your.not.built.for.that life but then Again maybe a doctor told him some bad medical news and jail would have tortured him and his family. Was only like 4 years ago

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 09:19 PM

I recall her being kinda hot. Is she on the same show as the commiss son that was accused of rape couple years back

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 09:21 PM

Recent picture of Tony. And one of his daughter Rosanna. She's 56 now and still looks great.

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
Is she on the same show as the commiss son that was accused of rape couple years back

Yeah, but that bitch set him up good. Seriously, it's a matter of public record.

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 09:27 PM

They both look great...Like you said, being shelved seems to have been the best thing that ever happened to him..and she looks damned good for 56...

Now she's a classy mob wife or daughter !!!
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 09:29 PM

56 year old SMOKER!

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 09:30 PM

Mentioning Rosanna Scotto in the same breath as one of those skanks on that television show should be punishable by lethal injection lol.

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Mentioning Rosanna Scotto in the same breath as one of those skanks on that television show should be punishable by lethal injection lol.
I agree !! lol

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 10:37 PM

for sure Pizza..he went to work for herbert construction, opened a restaurant with his kids..he got lucky,he wound up with damico an easy going guy.

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 10:41 PM

tommy is well

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 09/23/14 10:51 PM

for sure Pizza..he went to work for herbert construction, opened a restaurant with his kids..he got lucky,he wound up with damico an easy going guy.

Yeah, that's a fair point that shouldn't be understated. Another guy wouldn't have been nearly as accommodating.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: Was Tough tony Anastasio in genovese or Gambino - 10/04/14 02:31 AM

He probably was a Gambino, but since the two most important families were the Gambino and Genovese, he might have been responsible to the Genovese in some way. No doubt the Genovese also ruled the docks with the Gambinos, which was a major, if not the major, point of importation of drugs into the United States from Sicily.

If it's true about his connection to the Genovese, likely he reported to someone on the Genovese side to advise them on matters connected to their interest and investment in the harbor.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET