Home

Louis "bobby"manna

Posted By: Christy_Tic

Louis "bobby"manna - 09/17/14 07:39 PM

Does anyone know the health of him these days. I'm pretty sure he's in fort Dix. Just curious, if manna broke omertà , he could unravel the whole period from 69-81 that has been an enigma of the genovese family. Not that he would have to rat on anyone since there all dead anyway. However, he probably can answer so many questions and create one of the most interesting books on the mafia ever. Maybe if he cleared up the Bruno/ caponigro conspiracy and clear some other murders the Feds May let him out so he can live the rest of his life on house arrest. That guy has more info than any other person who's given info since bonanno or valachi. There is no other topic that is more widely discussed that no one has answers on than manna has. Wishful thinking but it would be great to hear
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/17/14 07:47 PM

Bobby Manna would sooner perform an appendectomy on himself, without a painkiller, with a rusty screwdriver, than cooperate. He's as anti-government as any wiseguy who ever lived, including Gotti, which is really saying something.

Re his health: They've accommodated his request to be in Jersey, so his family can see him. Read into that whatever you will.

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/17/14 08:04 PM

That I fully understand. Like I said wishful thinking. It's my own curiosity because of their secretive ways the genovese era in which he was the powerbroker is prob so full of half truth, conjecture and the words of the likes of cafaro, leonetti and fresolone that we have to go by. Damn the questions that man could answer would be second to none. Maybe a book w fictional names that we could follow the puzzle
Posted By: Benny3Balls

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/17/14 08:45 PM

Manna is at Fairton FCI in NJ. He's been there for many years. Pretty surprising to me that they kept him so close to his former power base but that is where he is and has been for years.

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/17/14 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Benny3Balls
Manna is at Fairton FCI in NJ. He's been there for many years. Pretty surprising to me that they kept him so close to his former power base but that is where he is and has been for years.

Like I said, they've accommodated his family's request, which is VERY rare to begin with. But his ongoing health issues are well documented within the BOP, or they'd never house him so close to home.

But good health or bad health, he's well into his 80's now. In my opinion he's not a danger to society.

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/17/14 09:31 PM

The feds aren't known to be too generous with guys like Manna, i really am surprised they've had him in NJ all this time.

Manna is a very interesting guy to me, especially after reading Leonetti's book and learning of the influence he had on Scarfo. Was Manna a capo before he was made the consigliere? Was he in Chins crew at one time?
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 06:41 AM

Was Manna a capo before he was made the consigliere? Was he in Chins crew at one time?

That´s something I´ve been trying to figure out for years. I´m waiting for some FOIA files to arrive soon. Hopefully there is something that could shed some light on this. It´s certain though that Gigante and Manna were both part of the same crew in the early 1960s (Tony Bender´s crew). My guess would be that Manna was a member of Gigante´s crew before he became a consigliere.
Posted By: DB

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 11:49 AM

Ive heard as recently as maybe 5-7 years ago he still had $ on the street. Have also heard he carried ALOT of influence for a long time while locked up.

Just hear say so cant really confirm

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: DB
Ive heard as recently as maybe 5-7 years ago he still had $ on the street.

Monster book. Tino himself handled it for him for years and never took an extra dime for himself. But since Tino died, who the fuck knows? Because the guy over there right now ain't exactly the sentimental type wink.

Have also heard he carried ALOT of influence for a long time while locked up.

Of course. He's not the kind of guy that gets shelved, inside for life or not.

And it's good to see you posting again, DB smile.
Posted By: downtown

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 12:44 PM

Louis (Bobby Manna) was made at a very young age, 19 or 20 year sold.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 01:40 PM

What's Manna's criminal history, what hits was he involved, apart from the attempted conspiracy against Gotti?
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 02:26 PM

I'm sure a well placed envelope or two expedited the transfer closer to home !!

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 02:45 PM

Trust me I've been reading PB , you DA man as usual

I post whatever little info I have

Yes that book was and still is huge ! I'd venture to say it is bigger today than when manna wasn't inside . It's spread all the way down to south jersey and philly , just huge . Hell I'm still in it lol

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Was Manna a capo before he was made the consigliere? Was he in Chins crew at one time?

That´s something I´ve been trying to figure out for years. I´m waiting for some FOIA files to arrive soon. Hopefully there is something that could shed some light on this. It´s certain though that Gigante and Manna were both part of the same crew in the early 1960s (Tony Bender´s crew). My guess would be that Manna was a member of Gigante´s crew before he became a consigliere.

Thanks HairyKnuckles. If you find out anything with your foia request please post it up.

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Ive heard as recently as maybe 5-7 years ago he still had $ on the street.

Monster book. Tino himself handled it for him for years and never took an extra dime for himself. But since Tino died, who the fuck knows? Because the guy over there right now ain't exactly the sentimental type wink.

Fiumara is another interesting guy. A true hardcore gangster. Him and Manna were two heavyweights in North Jersey for the Genovese. I bet they were both happy as shit when Caponigro got hit so they could grab whatever they could of his turf especially after Funzi died.

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 03:00 PM

They weren't just happy , they were principal drivers behind that hit

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 03:06 PM

No doubt Manna knew it was coming. In Leonetti's book he said Manna asked Scarfo where the family would stand if something should happen to Bruno. Scarfo told him they'd stand with the Genovese and according to Leonetti Manna said he was glad to hear that. Scarfo might not of known the details but he knew something was brewing with the Genovese. He even told Phil something like Bruno has no idea whats coming his way.
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 03:11 PM

I'm pretty sure that some of the guys who were from the Purple Gang took care of that, since they handled a lot of their other problems for them.

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 03:15 PM

I didn't read that book but that whole thing was about that huge NJ sports book

IMO Genovese will one day take over a lot of the book and shy in philly one day

They are pretty much knocking on their door , maybe even have a foot in.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 04:50 PM

Tino was a stone cold killer. He killed an innocent bar tender just because he thought he could be a potential witness. Everyone knew about it.
He was from the iron bound section of newark. He did like 20 years state time for shaking down a restaurant owner in parsippany nj back in 1977 i think. The restaurant was called Lawrence's.
He may of started out with luciano ( Bruno guy) and was later transferred to a genovese guy.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 05:30 PM

in 2004 westside capo buster ardito was in weekly contact with bobby manna threw lawyers and other vistors. seems like he was still the consig. he was settling beefs betwwns crews and peoples debts. almost like the boss. buster wanted a bigger piece og ct. but had to wait on mannas decision. theres a little bout him on the wiretap mob. fitzy and the other guy would clown him and his sick girlfriend. didn't he wan to whack a prosecutor or the judge I think?
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
didn't he wan to whack a prosecutor or the judge I think?

Yeah Pmac an FBI report establishes that the FBI was informed by some CI that Manna was involved in a plot to murder: the trial judge, Maryanne Trump Barry; and the United States Attorney, Samuel A. Alito; and the chief prosecutor, Michael Chertoff.

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/18/14 11:14 PM

Manna def had Schiff killed. He wasn't scared to go after heavyweights(gottis, chertoff, trumps sister Bruno caponigro etc. He is def the most influential gangster of the last 30yrs we know nothing about. Not to repeat myself but his memoirs would be the most interesting read in the history of la cosa nostra
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/19/14 02:34 AM

Bobby Manna apperently came from "good" stock. His father Morris (may be a nickname) was considered a stone cold hitter with plenty of hits under his belt. He died in prison in the 1950s after been convicted on highjacking charges. In 1951, Bobby tried to reach out to the mayor of Jersey City (I think it was), through Genovese soldier Anthony Marchitto, in order to get his father out of prison but was turned down.

He was made in 1956, at the age of 26 o 27. Big loanshark already back then, according to informants.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/19/14 03:27 AM

Im ALWAYS getting Manna and Ida confused.

Can someone kindly breakdown when each was consig and any other interesting info (either/or still have any power etc etc)?

My thanks in advance.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/19/14 10:39 AM

Bobby Manna apperently came from "good" stock. His father Morris (may be a nickname) was considered a stone cold hitter with plenty of hits under his belt. He died in prison in the 1950s after been convicted on highjacking charges.

Manna's father's name was Mauro; I believe Morris is the Americanized version of it.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/19/14 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Im ALWAYS getting Manna and Ida confused.

Can someone kindly breakdown when each was consig and any other interesting info (either/or still have any power etc etc)?

My thanks in advance.

Manna 81-90
Ida 90-97

Both pretty much got life sentences. The longer you're in prison, the more your power fades as your friends on the street die or end up in prison.

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/19/14 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: mulberry
The longer you're in prison, the more your power fades as your friends on the street die or end up in prison.

That's what a lot of posters can't seem to grasp.

Now don't get me wrong, whoever posted that Manna still had his shy up for years after his conviction was spot on. Tino handled it for him until the day he died. But generally speaking, your power fades over time when you're inside for life.

I mean, I hardly follow the Colombos because they're not Bronx based. I know a little about Richie Fusco because he was close to Greg, and currently I know a bit about Tommy Farese. But that's about it. But the Colombos are the best example because there are people on these boards (no one in particular here, by the way) who need to believe that Carmine Persico is still cryptically calling the shots like some Bond villain.

Pleeeze. These days, Carmine Persico is probably content to get soft pudding a few times a week and keep his diaper dry.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/19/14 05:59 PM

Manna 81-90
Ida 90-97

Both pretty much got life sentences. The longer you're in prison, the more your power fades as your friends on the street die or end up in prison.

Thx Mulberry smile
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/21/14 08:41 PM

through Genovese soldier Anthony Marchitto,

"Tony Cheese". I believe he was an ILA union official on the Jersey City docks back then.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/22/14 01:45 PM

Just read the details about the Schiff murder. So the FBI got the tapes where the murder was being planned BEFORE it was carried out and it STILL was carried out nevertheless? Like in Louie DiBono's case when they knew beforehand Gotti was going to whack him and Angelo Patrizzi's case when they knew Jerry Angiulo was going to whack him?
Have they made a habit of it, allowing murders to happen on purpose to have a stronger case against somebody?
Posted By: JR19

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/22/14 07:31 PM

So how was it possible for a guy like Persico to go to war with Orena even though he'd been in jail for close to ten years by that time? I realize that there's a major difference between ten and forty years off the street, but even so, do you think his actual influence in "his" faction has been overstated? I wonder if he was actually calling the shots to any extent..

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/22/14 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: JR19
So how was it possible for a guy like Persico to go to war with Orena even though he'd been in jail for close to ten years by that time? I realize that there's a major difference between ten and forty years off the street, but even so, do you think his actual influence in "his" faction has been overstated? I wonder if he was actually calling the shots to any extent..

Like I said in my initial post, I'm a Bronx guy and the Colombos have never had a presence here, but they're are a good example. Because in my opinion, Persico probably DID hold onto power for a good many years. But that power fades over time, and the idea that he's still calling the shots after almost thirty years in stir is ridiculous.

But again, that's just my opinion.
Posted By: Fleming_Ave

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/22/14 08:01 PM

I think Carmine Persico had some influence for quite a while because he had blood relatives in the crime family who were able to act on his behalf.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/22/14 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: JR19

The Commission Case was 1985. The Colombo War was 1990. That was only 5 years apart. Manna has been in prison 25 years. Look at what happened to Amuso after 15 years. Persico still has a bit of influence over the acting boss spot because he has so many relatives running the family for him. What say does he really have in the day to day running of the family sitting in a prison cell for 30 years? My opinion is his relatives are using his name to hold onto power for themselves. Most mobsters don't have 30 relatives as made members.

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 09/24/14 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
Just read the details about the Schiff murder. So the FBI got the tapes where the murder was being planned BEFORE it was carried out and it STILL was carried out nevertheless? Like in Louie DiBono's case when they knew beforehand Gotti was going to whack him and Angelo Patrizzi's case when they knew Jerry Angiulo was going to whack him?
Have they made a habit of it, allowing murders to happen on purpose to have a stronger case against somebody?

Yea. That's interesting cuz the Feds def knew about jelly belly way b4 he got whacked. Guess they can't watch a guy 24:7 to make sure he doesn't get killed. Wink wink. The Feds def cared more about nailing gotti than saving anyone's life let alone dibono who they could of cared less about
Posted By: Quiet_Doms

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 08/17/18 07:04 AM

A very interesting character to say the least.
Posted By: Jshov31

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 01/21/19 12:34 AM

In my opinion Bobby is the most stand up, incredible man I’ve ever had the pleasure of spending time with. My story with Bobby is incredible. I did 3 years at Fairton at the end of my 5 and it was a chance meeting which enabled me to call a few guys that are regularly talked about on here friends. I was given a job in commissary because I was the number 2 guy for the 067 white boys(anyone that has done fed time knows what I mean) and the number 1 guy got moved to schuylkill. I was already really tight with Richie Desciscio and one day Richie asked me to bring Bobby’s commissary back to our block because he didn’t feel like going up to get it. I brought back his commissary and when Richie tried to give me a book(stamps, my usual fee for commissary favors) I told him no thanks. From then in every week I brought Bobby his bag. The man says about 3 words a day but the few times he told stories I was like a kid watching a movie. Bobby is a machine and even though he will never get out of there he will definitely live as long as Sonny or longer. His mind is still sharp. Sorry for the rambling but I have great admiration and respect for the man. Him and Richie both. If there was ever a bullshit sentence handed down by the government it was theirs. 70 and 80 years for plotting to kill someone who died of cancer in prison is preposterous!!
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 01/21/19 01:44 AM

Great insight, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: MightyDR

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 01/21/19 04:34 AM

Thanks for sharing Jshov31
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 01/21/19 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jshov31
In my opinion Bobby is the most stand up, incredible man I’ve ever had the pleasure of spending time with. My story with Bobby is incredible. I did 3 years at Fairton at the end of my 5 and it was a chance meeting which enabled me to call a few guys that are regularly talked about on here friends. I was given a job in commissary because I was the number 2 guy for the 067 white boys(anyone that has done fed time knows what I mean) and the number 1 guy got moved to schuylkill. I was already really tight with Richie Desciscio and one day Richie asked me to bring Bobby’s commissary back to our block because he didn’t feel like going up to get it. I brought back his commissary and when Richie tried to give me a book(stamps, my usual fee for commissary favors) I told him no thanks. From then in every week I brought Bobby his bag. The man says about 3 words a day but the few times he told stories I was like a kid watching a movie. Bobby is a machine and even though he will never get out of there he will definitely live as long as Sonny or longer. His mind is still sharp. Sorry for the rambling but I have great admiration and respect for the man. Him and Richie both. If there was ever a bullshit sentence handed down by the government it was theirs. 70 and 80 years for plotting to kill someone who died of cancer in prison is preposterous!!

thanks for the story, very interesting.. what are the 067 white boys? obviously a gang i know, but are they related to the AB or are they their own gang?

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 01/21/19 04:22 PM

No gang, it’s just the way you are characterized in the feds. The 067 is middle district of pa. Whites with whites and blacks with blacks etc. when you first get on the compound they find out where you are from and check with whoever is from where you are from to get your paperwork and make sure your not a rat or a child molester.
Posted By: RollinBones

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 01/21/19 06:30 PM

damn i woulda bet my last dollar it was a gang lmao.. thanks

Re: Louis "bobby"manna - 01/22/19 01:28 AM

Lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET