Home

Other face to face powerhouse showdowns like....

Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

Other face to face powerhouse showdowns like.... - 09/16/14 07:11 PM

When the Lucchese family began to encroach on the Genovese windows gig and in the red corner we had, The Chin and in the blue corner was Vic Amuso and Gaspipe AND, they gave in when The Chin said he'd be "lucky to leave this wake alive" and Amuso backed off.

AND

The only other face to face showdown I know of was, when Michael Franzese was at the top of his game and he had that flea market problem with Gotti......Franzese told him to name his price and he would buy him out to settle the dilemma.......Which Gotti's reply was "you don't buy me out, I buy you out!" and Franzese backed off.

Does anyone know of any other situations like this?
Posted By: MemphisMafia

Re: Other face to face powerhouse showdowns like.... - 09/16/14 08:34 PM

Yeah,I read "Quitting The Mob",by Franzese.Why I do believe Sonny Franzese was quite the powerhouse in 60's.And I also believe Michael Franzese was powerful because of the money he brought in.He made it sound as though he got the better of Gotti over the flea market sit-down.Noone really knows except the men that were there.I just have a hard time seeing him getting the better of Gotti or backing Gotti one inch.He could outsmart Gotti probally.But back him down,no way.He did say he left the sit-down with"respect" for Gotti and he knew then that Gotti would reach the top or die trying.Like him or not,Damn Gotti was one bad man.I wish Sonny would have had more time on the street before prison.No telling how that would have affected the Colombo family and the outcome after the wars.
Posted By: Tyler_Durden

Re: Other face to face powerhouse showdowns like.... - 09/17/14 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
When the Lucchese family began to encroach on the Genovese windows gig and in the red corner we had, The Chin and in the blue corner was Vic Amuso and Gaspipe AND, they gave in when The Chin said he'd be "lucky to leave this wake alive" and Amuso backed off.

Where does this come from? Because it seems... highly improbable.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Other face to face powerhouse showdowns like.... - 09/17/14 01:37 AM

Sonny would end up like the Snake. They didn't know how to keep a low profile or delegate so the trail always led back to them
Posted By: CleanBandit

Re: Other face to face powerhouse showdowns like.... - 09/17/14 02:08 AM

Tyler_Durden, there were several rumors floating around the Chin and Amuso beef, a few guys even discussed it here.

As for Franzese and Gotti, I saw an interview with Franzese in which he stated that he knew how Gotti would act if Franzese was to "belittle" him by saying he could buy him out so he went for that approach only to find himself getting exactly what he wanted out of Gotti.
Posted By: Belette

Re: Other face to face powerhouse showdowns like.... - 09/17/14 12:09 PM

Yes, Franzese said that the flea market closed down a couple of months later so it turned out well for him.

It's the sitdown where apparently Gotti had heard that Franzese had said "fuck Gotti". The same scene that Michael Corleone and Joey Zasa act out in Godfather 3.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET